PDA

View Full Version : Western Australian Bodybuilding

Sledge
04-07-2009, 05:30 AM
For those of you that are unaware. The IFBB sanctioned Elite show that has been run in Perth is no more. To cut a long story short not enough people showed up to support the show. So it's run at a loss the past two years so now it is no more. The best bodybuilders in the country turned up but not the spectators. A realiable source has also told me that last years NABBA state and national championships and IFBB state championships in WA also had very poor turnouts that resulted in a loss in revenue.

So how many West Australians are on this board?
How many of you are going to turn up and support the shows in our state?
And if not, why not? (I realy want to know if there is a reason people don't show up.)
We have just lost one of the best BB shows in the country due to appathy of the fans. What do we do to change this?

Sledge
04-07-2009, 05:32 AM
Next show in WA is the NABBA State Championships in May.

Same for powerlifting there are about 4 comps in WA over the next couple of months. Does anyone turn up and support these.

Maybe they need to hold them in a Pub to get better spectator turn out.

Glyn
04-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi, the information on what is showing and where isnt easily accessible to the public. If there was a site where people could google search for events in WA more people would go? IMHO anyways.

Im not saying the info isnt available, just difficult to locate unless you know where to look if that makes any sense

Mark
06-02-2009, 06:09 AM
I'm a West Aussie, if I'm not at work I attend every show.

The elite show was poorly advertised, for instance my local gym is a fitness first [shush] and there was no poster untill a day or so before the event. I asked around with some mates who train at different gyms and none of them knew it was even on.

I think if they branched out a bit and attempted to entice more people, who aren't "in the know," they might have reached a few more people who aren't your typical bodybuilding fans but may have been interested enough to come see what it's all about, and perhaps create new interest.

It's a shame that the show is gone.