PDA

View Full Version : Erykahs Training Journal

Erykah
11-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Ok so im still very new to this but im sure I will figure it all out. I am excited to start a training journal.. seems like a great idea since im about to start a new chapter in my life with training. I have always been competing in athletics, whether it be in wrestling, track and field or gymnastics but this was my first year competing in figure. I completed 6 shows this year and did very well, ending my year with a 5th place at Nationals in South Beach. Of course i was hoping on a pro card, but I think for my first year 5th place is good and I shouldn't whine. Of course i want more though! So my goal is to add on appx 3-5 lbs of lean mass, especially in my legs and see how well i can do in 2012 amature and National Shows. Since I just recently gained 10lbs of junk weight from enjoying my food too much after nationals I have a lot of work to do. My normal training program was basic high intesnisty workouts 75-85% 1RM 8-12 reps, short breaks... However im currently using Quantum Body Method for my program since ive gained so much weight. QBM, by Robert Hatch is seriously the best endurance/strength pump I have felt in my life. OUCH. Very high intensity with HIGH REPS. So i figured I would switch some things up for a bit until my trainer Noel Fuller, tells me to knock it off and get back to basics. My focus points this year will be revolving around my legs which need to pack on some size, and dialing down my back pose so I can make it look as good as it does offstage, ONstage :) Of course since i went from 103 lbs and 113lbs now.. I have to lose that and add back on HEALTHY mass. I know I can do it, very motivated and very excited to compete again in 2012 and bring my own look to the plate. I will always listen to what the judges have to say, but you cant please everyone and not all of them seem to be looking for the same look... so I will stick to my vision and shape for figure and see how well I can do. I will be posting some pics and videos soon of my QBM workouts and then my normal high intensity training soon. I am open for any comments or debate on these workouts... as long as you're polite :) also open for any questions. Again, excited to start this journal!
Below are some posting pics I had taken in my local gym 1.5 weeks out from nationals, with the last picture of my back right before hitting the stage at nationals in South Beath.

TGandsey
11-27-2011, 12:07 AM
Hey girl I'm definitely going to follow!! I've been contemplating starting a journal as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

The Prodigy
11-27-2011, 02:08 AM
Glad your here! I am following along for sure!

KrisLynn
12-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Oh hey, I have spotted your pics elsewhere and thought.. damn that chic kicks azz!! Look forward to lurking in your journal... so bring it on sista!! Keep Inspiring!!!

dbmneto
12-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Ok so im still very new to this but im sure I will figure it all out. I am excited to start a training journal.. seems like a great idea since im about to start a new chapter in my life with training. I have always been competing in athletics, whether it be in wrestling, track and field or gymnastics but this was my first year competing in figure. I completed 6 shows this year and did very well, ending my year with a 5th place at Nationals in South Beach. Of course i was hoping on a pro card, but I think for my first year 5th place is good and I shouldn't whine. Of course i want more though! So my goal is to add on appx 3-5 lbs of lean mass, especially in my legs and see how well i can do in 2012 amature and National Shows. Since I just recently gained 10lbs of junk weight from enjoying my food too much after nationals I have a lot of work to do. My normal training program was basic high intesnisty workouts 75-85% 1RM 8-12 reps, short breaks... However im currently using Quantum Body Method for my program since ive gained so much weight. QBM, by Robert Hatch is seriously the best endurance/strength pump I have felt in my life. OUCH. Very high intensity with HIGH REPS. So i figured I would switch some things up for a bit until my trainer Noel Fuller, tells me to knock it off and get back to basics. My focus points this year will be revolving around my legs which need to pack on some size, and dialing down my back pose so I can make it look as good as it does offstage, ONstage :) Of course since i went from 103 lbs and 113lbs now.. I have to lose that and add back on HEALTHY mass. I know I can do it, very motivated and very excited to compete again in 2012 and bring my own look to the plate. I will always listen to what the judges have to say, but you cant please everyone and not all of them seem to be looking for the same look... so I will stick to my vision and shape for figure and see how well I can do. I will be posting some pics and videos soon of my QBM workouts and then my normal high intensity training soon. I am open for any comments or debate on these workouts... as long as you're polite :) also open for any questions. Again, excited to start this journal!
Below are some posting pics I had taken in my local gym 1.5 weeks out from nationals, with the last picture of my back right before hitting the stage at nationals in South Beath.
Noce photos, congratulations!

The Prodigy
12-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Update us on how you are doing lady!

Bronwyn
12-14-2011, 03:16 AM
looking great - especially the V shape on your before-stage picture!

Erykah
12-22-2011, 11:15 PM
Update us on how you are doing lady!

I'm fat so I'm afraid to! ... Jk, sort of... Will have videos and pics of my off season fluff and changes next week ! ;)

mcstrick
01-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Hi Erykah, I remember you from the San Diego contest. saw your pics from Nationals..girl you rocked! Congratulations! I'm planning on doing a National show next year..ooops I mean this year. Best of luck to you in future competitions:)

Sunnyday
01-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Hey, Erykah...belated welcome. Glad you decided to start a journal here. Following along! :)