PDA

View Full Version : food anal

tammyp
02-12-2009, 08:09 AM
i am when it comes to measuring and weighing....it drives me nuts..alittle OCD. am i the only 1?

2hot4u
02-12-2009, 08:12 AM
OH MY GOD NO YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! I weigh EVERYTHING! even in this off season. We have to true to ourselves, right??? lol
i am when it comes to measuring and weighing....it drives me nuts..alittle OCD. am i the only 1?

tammyp
02-12-2009, 08:26 AM
same with 6 meals a day. i diet on 6 and still do off season. i am a creature of habit for sure.

Kolbe
02-12-2009, 08:39 AM
I'm the same way.
If my kitchen scale runs out of battery I feel lost..

GirlyMuscle
02-12-2009, 08:43 AM
"Food" and "anal" should never be used in the same sentence.

I weigh and measure everything when I am on plan and trying to drop bodyfat. When I'm maintaining or bulking I sort of weigh but am not strict about it.

quadrablue
02-12-2009, 09:10 AM
"Food" and "anal" should never be used in the same sentence.

I weigh and measure everything when I am on plan and trying to drop bodyfat. When I'm maintaining or bulking I sort of weigh but am not strict about it.

Agreed lol

Measure EVERYTHING or I will not stop eating :mad:

miss figure
02-12-2009, 09:19 AM
how do you have time to eat let alone train, if i weighed everything it would take me ages to cook and prepare meals
x

GirlyMuscle
02-12-2009, 09:38 AM
I have almost two weeks worth of meals prepared in my fridge and freezer. All cooked up at once, weighed out in ziplock bags. All I have to do now is pop it in the microwave.

dvsness
02-12-2009, 10:28 AM
I weigh food during prep for obvious reasons. I weigh my meat servings offseason to make sure I get in enough protein.

Tuffgirl410
02-12-2009, 12:47 PM
I couldn't imagine eating without weighing! Even when I go out to eat during the offseason I bring my digital pocket scale with me.

GirlyMuscle
02-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Tuff...the one I met at Bev's Powerhouse?

Tuffgirl410
02-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Yup thats meeee!

GirlyMuscle
02-12-2009, 12:58 PM
We should have gotten a pic! Ya know I carry a camera and video camera everywhere I go and do you think I can remember to actually get them out and use them???

Tuffgirl410
02-12-2009, 01:07 PM
aww I wish we did! Do you plan on training there again anytime in the near future? By the way how was your ride back home??

Suzanne
02-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I do I do off season nutrition with trainer

except cheat/meal day then it is anything goes!!!

tammyp
02-12-2009, 05:51 PM
how do you have time to eat let alone train, if i weighed everything it would take me ages to cook and prepare meals
x

how long does it take to throw a peice of meat on a scale?

Tiki
02-12-2009, 06:03 PM
I couldn't imagine eating without weighing! Even when I go out to eat during the offseason I bring my digital pocket scale with me.

I've been debating on whether or not to get a pocket scale - knowing it will just add to my OCD - weighing, measuring, calculating, and tracking every last macro. *lol*

But if I do get one I'd like to get something accurate - What type of scale do you use?

I was thinking about getting this one. Link ---> Polder Pocket Scale (http://www.amazon.com/Polder-Pocket-Size-Digital-Scale/dp/B0002EXVH8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_5?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1234479570&sr=8-5)

NPCfigure
02-12-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm in too! Weigh everything. Meat, potatos, use measuring cups for liquids and rice, veggies ect..... And like you Tammy, always 6 meals no matter what!

Tuffgirl410
02-12-2009, 07:18 PM
I've been debating on whether or not to get a pocket scale - knowing it will just add to my OCD - weighing, measuring, calculating, and tracking every last macro. *lol*

But if I do get one I'd like to get something accurate - What type of scale do you use?

I was thinking about getting this one. Link ---> Polder Pocket Scale (http://www.amazon.com/Polder-Pocket-Size-Digital-Scale/dp/B0002EXVH8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_5?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1234479570&sr=8-5)

Thats the same scale I have how funny!! I love it, I have had it for at least 2 years now and it has never given me any issues...

Tiki
02-12-2009, 07:23 PM
^^^^ Awesome - Thank You so much!

SallyAnne
02-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Every time I read the title of this thread, I keep thinking I should move it to the 18 + forum.

Angela123
02-13-2009, 01:39 AM
i am not anal at all when measureing food...only when im prepping. i should be though. i eat pretty clean now..but i eat tons. which is holding me back from weight loss. im taking in way too many cals.

so i hope some of your anal ness rubs off on me.

Pryme
02-13-2009, 03:38 AM
Every time I read the title of this thread, I keep thinking I should move it to the 18 + forum.

LOL when I read the title I though the same thing.

I have never weighed my food.

miss figure
02-13-2009, 04:55 AM
how long does it take to throw a peice of meat on a scale?

i just think it would add longer to my food prep, i did weigh everything when i first started out, ive eaten the same food for that long i know what 6oz of turkey looks like:)

xx

Nadia Nardi
02-13-2009, 11:41 AM

You're definitely not alone. I'd consider your OCD to be more along the lines of dilligence/dedication :D I'm a food-a-holic...without the scale or measuring what I consume, I'm not sure where I'd be..LOL!

Kelly Baker
02-13-2009, 11:44 AM
I weigh protein off and on season since I can't supplement. I do better when I actually weigh it vs eyeball it because I'll eat 10 oz easy it I'm guessing the amount. I always am on 7 meals a day regardless of season.

Jer
02-13-2009, 11:48 AM
My girlfriend thinks I'm anal about it.

I weigh/measure all my foods.

tammyp
02-13-2009, 02:37 PM
its funny, i made soup the other night and i thought how can i weigh my meat? stupid .....

Gunz
02-15-2009, 08:07 AM
The scale keeps you "honest"!! It's the only way to really know how much you're eating. I think if regular Joe's weighed their food when "dieting" they would be surprised what they think was three ounces is really six!!

figgy
02-15-2009, 11:22 PM
i measure everything...3 nights a week, i precook and pre-steam all of my food for the next few days, measure it out, weigh it, and stack it in plastic containers in my frige....works well and takes less than an hour! :)

just one question though, what do you all do about gas and bloating due to dieting down? right now i just endure the pain because i dont know what to take...

tammyp
02-16-2009, 05:49 AM
digestive enzymes

Jer
02-16-2009, 09:25 AM
its funny, i made soup the other night and i thought how can i weigh my meat? stupid .....

I've gone as far as to pick through meals or soups for the meat to weigh it before I get the rest of it. :o

My girl HATES when I do shit like that.

I guess I am anal.

fitbody
02-25-2009, 09:55 PM

i've weighed and measured my food since 1991
i don't think about it
i just do it
if you really want something
you gotta do what it takes to get it
or guess what ?
you won't get it

it's like this....
if you want a degree in college
you have to go to school
some days you wake up and don't wanna go
but you better go or you ain't gonna get that degree

it's all a part of taking responsibility

if my clients aren't gettin where they wanna go
and they ain't weighing and measuring their food
then i tell them they can't blame me
they only have themselves to blame

Melissa
02-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Tammy, I'm right there with you. I weigh/measure everything...during prep AND offseason. Hell, I measure my food when I have my cheat meal during contest prep! Obviously, during prep, I don't want to be eating too much, but during the offseason, I want to make sure I'm getting ENOUGH (god forbid I should cheat myself out of an ounce of ground beef!)

I have yet to bring a pocket scale with me to a restaurant, but I have been known to ask the server how many ounces my steak/chicken/fish, etc. is. I also don't trust restaurants to not put butter or oil on food when I specifically request it plain.

-val-
02-27-2009, 03:58 PM

I make my soup in bulk without meat. Then when I put 1 meal together, I measure the meat add it in then.

This is a funny thread! LOL! Only because I am the same way. I measure everything! My scale broke yesterday and I feel so lost without it! My backup scale didn't work either! I am so pathetic.:p So I got a scale from costco online so that if I have problems with it later I can return it and get a new one! But I have to wait 7 days for my new one to come in!! Goodness gracious!:eek: I miss my scale!

IRONURSE
02-28-2009, 06:12 PM
No! You are not alone. I had to weigh everything when I did my massive diet down last year. In the last 6 months I have only been "eyeballing" it since I have been trying to put on muscle mass. What gets me is the label reading, keeping up with protein / carbs, and measuring all the powder and egg whites!
I am back to weighing all my food now. Ugh! :p

jdl80
01-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Only weigh my food doing prep time.