PDA

View Full Version : No Matter What...

James Tucci
11-27-2011, 07:55 PM
I usually do this without the narrative in a good ole fashion notebook, but this time I was encouraged to do it on the internet, and no less here at RX Muscle. I'm a learned man, and have studied immensely diet, training and exercise science. I will attempt a few "experiments" and a few hard and true "go to" ideas that have been used for ages. At the end of the day I hope to have the physique that I only dreamed of.

Today is 11.27.2011, I'm going to be writing and tracking my diet, workouts, and progress toward an undetermined goal. Instead, I will make smaller goals which when the time is right, I will assess and while taking counsel from everyone here and those that I hold closest, make the ultimate decision of what "I" want to accomplish from this journey.

DIET

M1 (PreWorkout): 2 scoops ISO 100 / 1 cup oats
INTRA WORKOUT: 4 scoops Dymatize Elite Recoup (watermelon)
M2: (PostWorkout): 2 scoops ISO 100 /1 small bagel with low fat jam or 1 cup of jasmin rice
M3: 6 oz ground beef 1 cup of jasmin rice and salad
M4 6 oz ground beef 1 cup of jasmin rice and salad
M5:9 oz of flank steak and salad
M6: 2 scoops of ISO 100

That's the baseline for right now, I will adjust and add different elements based on how many body reacts. I may sub chicken or white fish, but for now we'll give this at least 3 weeks for full effects to take place.

My Prework "stack" consists of IForce Maximize V2 and IForce Hemmavol, if it's a rough morning I'll throw in a ECA stack or BPI's Roxy Lean

Ok the next post is going to be the MACRO look at the workouts and what my thoughts are as far as training goes.

EDIT: I will add pictures, stats, and a little bit of my "vision board" in future posts

James Tucci
11-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Challenges and Opportunities

Biceps-need more peak
Triceps-Need to be fuller
Chest-Upper Chest and Thickness needs to continue
Back Thickness- the middle thickness of my back is LACKING
Back Width- can never have wide enough back
Shoulders; Front-Overdeveloped, Middle-More Thickness, Rear- Need some
Quads: Thickness needed
Hamstrings-strengthen and contine to focus on the glute/ham tie in
Calves-by far my best muscle, but more muscle maturity is required
ABS-in a relaxed state they look great, the obliques tie in well, the problem becomes in a front lat spread/front relaxed they nearly disappear. More density in the abs
FOREARMS-I have never trained forearms with any kind of consistency in the back double they are noticeably small

So I've gone over every part of my body, you'll notice I left out traps as I think I hit those with given exercises, the caveat to that is that if I need to I will add exercises as needed to hit them. This point will become clear as move along my journey.

If I had to sum up my the training goal for 2012, it would be: MORE MUSCLE MATURITY. It is my belief that with more muscle maturity my muscle will not only adjust to grow but also have the denser more full look.

How am I going to get there? Well since I returned from Miami, that question has been plaguing my mind, so much so that I'm almost lost in the one place that I am at MOST at peace, the gym. Much like I do in my day to day job, I sat back and created a plan, bit by bit and utilizing as many resources at my disposal as possible. I have to take a moment and thank a few very special people that have supported me and believed in me NO MATTER WHAT. Thank you to Mr. Dusty Hanshaw for starting me on this journey, his wife Evian for always reminding to not get lost in the whole process and to keeping me grounded and always teaching me something new, Mr. John Meadows for opening my eyes that "every body" is different and what has worked before won't always work a second or third time, if it doesn't work...DROP IT. Nina, a woman that despite my struggles always "yells" at me if I miss a meal, supports me for a PR and kicks my a$$ just as she should. She's an older sister and guardian angel. Marilyn, who's tireless eye watches over me and makes sure that I fight the good fight for no one else but for myself. Louie, Vinnie, Tannaz, and Mike for being roll models for me to look up to and when I'm at my lowest or my highest they've been there with a kind word. Last but not least, BrandEYE, the person who believes in my potential without bias, without prejudice and always makes sure that I give it my all. She is truly my rock and without her I can assuredly say that I would not be where I am today without her.

Ok here's what I will call Phase 1:
I am taking methodologies from across the board and across my experiences. As always we will see what works and what doesn't but for the most part the goal will be to always beat the logbook (this journal) and to continue to improve my physique.

DAY 1 CHEST and SHOULDERS (CHEST CENTRIC) and ABS:

Incline DB Press 3 x 12-15
Machine Bench Press 3 x 12-15 with a one second pause at the top and one second pause at the bottom (stretch)
Incline DB Flies 3 x 12-15
Decline Bench Press 1 x 20 (WidowMaker)

DC Extreme Stretch

Standing Side Laterals: 3 x 15 pyramid up
DB Front Raises: 3 x 12-15
Bent Over Lateral Raises: 3 x 12-15
Heavy Swings 2 x 50

ABS (to be done 3 times a week, at the beginning of each exercise)

Hanging Leg Raises: 4 x 25 (pyramid up with weight between feet or weighted ball)
Decline Bench Leg Raises: 4 x 25 with a 3 count negative
1/4 crunches 4 x 25

BACK:
Body Weight Pull Ups to warm up 3 x failure
Sitting Close Grip Rows on Pulley: 3 x 12-15
EZ Bar pull downs 3 x 12-15
Hammer Strength Row: 1 x 20 Rest Paused
John Meadows Wide Grip Pull Downs to Front: 3 x 12-15
DB Pullovers: 3 x 15
Optional: DB Shurgs: 3 x 12-15
DC Extreme Stretch: Time to be determined: __________

ARMS: *All sets except for the first two are done with a 2-3 set warm up*
Rope Pushdowns 3 x 20
Straight Bar Curls on Pulley 3 x 20
Week 1 Focus:Standing Alternating Dumbbell Curls: start in the hammer position and supinate up for a rest pause set of 20-25
Week 2 Focus: EZ Bar Drag Curl for a rest pause set of 20-25
Week 3 Focus: Preacher Curls for a rest pause set of 20-25
(REPEAT for 6 total weeks and then revaluate)
TRICEPS:
WEEK 1 Focus: Standing OverHead Extensions with EZ Bar Straight Set of 3 x 12-15
WEEK 2 Focus: Lying Overhead Extensions with EZ Bar REST Pause Set 20-25
Week 3 Focus: Reverse Grip Bench Press rest pause 20-25

DC Extreme Bicep/Tricep Stretch

OFF Day

CHEST AND SHOULDERS (Shoulders Centric):
Military Press 3 x 12-15
DB Shoulder Press RP 20-25
Straight Bar Front Raises: 3 x 12-15
DB Side Laterals: 3 x 12-15 (pause for one second at the top)
supersetted with
DB side laterals (partials): 3 x 20
Pulley Pull Aparts: with one second pause at the top 3 x failure

DH/DC Shoulder Stretch

Legs will be a different post because I want to check with a few people based on progress pictures and continued thought.

Ok so tomorrow's Chest and Shoulders.

Kaotic
11-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Hey bro, good luck with you journey and goals. Ill be following for sure!

James Tucci
11-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Chest

DB INCLINE: 35 x 20 (warm up), 65 x 15, 75 x 12, 100 x 11

Machine press: 115x15, 100 x 12, 85x12

Straight wrist bench press: 95x18, 95x10, 45x20

Decline DB 65 x 12x12x12

Cable Crossovers machine: 60x12x15x15

swingslammer
11-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Sounds like your goals are pretty much the same as everyone else here.....MORE. Good luck, see you, Cal

James Tucci
11-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Sounds like your goals are pretty much the same as everyone else here.....MORE. Good luck, see you, Cal

Thanks brother. My ultimate goal would be to keep up the poundages and reps with my best friend but that's a long way off. Small steps! Thanks for reading!

ChristyLaurenPoole
11-28-2011, 06:27 PM
DO IT TO IT!!! I'll be following along here! =)

James Tucci
11-29-2011, 12:10 PM
DO IT TO IT!!! I'll be following along here! =)

Thanks Christy!

Today was back and it was good, due to the equipment being used and time constraints, the exercises didn't go quite the way I had planned but I still killed it.

BACK
Wide Grip Pull Ups 3x18x12x12
Meadows Rows: 135x12x12x12
EZ Bar Pull Downs w/1 sec stretch at top and bottom: 3x12x15x12
DB Rows: 100x18, 125x12, 130x12
Strive Machine Underhand Row (w/4 second negative and exagerated stretch) 100x10, 85x12, 85x15
Close Grip Pull Ups (Neutral Grip): BW x12, 15, 18
DC Hanging Back Stretch: 62 seconds
Close Grip Hanging Back Stretch: 42 seconds

After two days, I've already experineced some challenges and other things that are going to need my attention.
1. Need to do abs first thing, I've neglected them and if I don't act I will not make it a habit.
2. Hunger so I'm eating 6 meals, and yet I'm still hungry? that's a good thing, so I could up the protein and carbs in each meal OR I could just bring one more meal and take it with me and if I eat it, great, if not then I'm still on target.

Tagent: I created this blog because while conversing with a wonderful "Iron Goddess" I decided to "track" my progress. She doesn't use the boards much but rather reads more than anything. She and I decided to use "No Matter What" as the title of this journal because while our goals are completly DIFFERENT, our mindset about it is exactly the same. She wants to compete at the end of next year after her 3rd place finish in the Chicago IronMan. She's been an incredible source of support and is always there to talk BB. She is incredibly special to me. We both have to gain more muscle maturity and we both are going to have difficulty saying goodbye to the "deep cuts" that have been the pinnacle of her physique. I just don't wanna be fat. So Dom, if you're reading this, you're my bodybuilding angel, and my day isn't complete unless we chat about our goals and life.

James Tucci
11-29-2011, 03:11 PM
it's only 13:10 here in AZ, and I just finished M4, I'm starving! Took a page out of Chris Aceto's book and added fat free milk to my last meal.

James Tucci
12-23-2011, 02:06 PM
so on 12/14 I decided that it would be a good idea to challenge a wall to a contest of chicken using my car of course. well while I walked away the wall didn't but I did come out of it with a severe concussion. So the Doc's tell me I have to "take it easy" and wait at least two weeks to train again. Apparently I could have some bleeding in my brain and if I "push" to hard I could give my self an anuerism or stroke out, so I'm not going to be doing that. LOL

I jest about the whole thing but all in all, I have to because SOMEONE was watching over me, and for all intents and purposes I should be dead. I attribute this to my seatbelt, the powers that be and that my purpose on this earth has not been accomplished yet. So now I'm home and reading and researching and continue my intellectual journey as well as my physical one. I'm really digging this new program that I've adapted (in my hospital bed) and I'm excited to start it! It's all in my head right now so I'm taking the rest of the day to think it out and put it on paper.

I wanted to take a moment and say "thanks" to everyone on here because we're all in this together, I guess a near death experience can do that to you, nonetheless, be good to each other as we're supposed to be and "love your fellow man (or woman)"

Strength and Honor

James Tucci
01-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Ok I ditched it all and went back to my true and tried....DC training.....I'm doing the 3 way split......It's awesome and my strength is already moving up.

Dre23
01-25-2012, 06:49 PM
It's "TUCCI TIME!"

What's the 411 w/your training James?

James Tucci
01-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Training is off the walls!! My mandatory time off has been exactly what the doctor ordered.

Incline DB Press (Slight Incline):
WK1: 90DBs: 10+5+5 (need to go heavier)
Wk2: 95DBs; 9+6+5
WK3: 100DB: 6+4+2 (need to do some work)
Pec Dec Widow maker:
50x30 with a 1 second stretch
55x28
60x25

That's just a sample of my workouts these days. I have to keep my eye on my physique and make sure that I'm making the correct adjustment as needed. Had a full blood panel done and everything is good to go, and surprisingly my cholesterol is very low for all the red meat I eat. I'm in my zone, which is good because I need routine.

I got some pictures back from my last shoot and I'm pretty happy with them. I worked with Jennifer Chamberlin. She's got an incredible eye and does wonders because let's me honest....I'm one UGLY DUDE!!!! Just look below. Otherwise I'm pretty content. I'm with DC principles and diet is locked and I'm holding on at about 202-204ish, it's not all clean, but I'm defintely seeing improvements where I want them. My legs are still CUT and actually pretty vascular which is wild and I'm feeling good. I will keep pushing as the goal would be a healthy competitive middle/welter depending on the show. Until then I'm going to go find some food! :yep:

Mr.Bones
01-28-2012, 03:25 AM
Ah a DC guy , awesome! Your logs are easy to read.

James Tucci
01-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks Mr Bones! I'm trying to catch up to guys like you.

James Tucci
01-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Chest: warm ups x 3 sets descending reps increasing weight

Slight incline DB press: 100x7+4+7 (had a spotter on last set but his hands were just on my elbows)
**damn I wish I had a training partner
***rocky soundtrack was on iPod too
Pec dec (1 count on the bottom and top) 70x25
Hammer Strength widow maker: 60 x 20 (not sure what happened)
Extreme Stretch: 40sx90seconds

Mr.Bones
01-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Good shit

weezer
01-30-2012, 01:22 PM
:thanks: i'm going to hit the gym....the iron will be in pain.