PDA

View Full Version : Game Time!! Alaina's 2012 Journey to The Stage!

alainaravens
11-28-2011, 10:10 PM
The time has come I officially start preparing for an April show to get my set in stone to hit the stage at Jr Nationals once again :). This time around I am taking a very different approach to my diet and lifting . New team behind me and I'm ready to start come December 1st its game time !!

*Be keeping my journal on the process of it all and cant wait to fill people in on how my body adjust to it all :)

Hope everyone has a blessed week

The Prodigy
11-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Did you grow up in Kankakee?

What new team did you join?

KBigz81
11-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Another Illinoisan here :heythere:

Will be tracking your progress!! Good luck to ya!

alainaravens
12-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Yea I am from Kankakee :) and so nice to hear you are from Illinois too !. I am being sponsored by BN Shape and Mohsin Khan is my new training . I just started exatly a week ago and already feel amazing !

alainaravens
12-07-2011, 09:11 AM
It’s been a week since my new diet has started and training program. I love the new diet and being able to pick my meals but the hard part is those extra bites after your meal. Those little things eventually add up to big things. Getting started to far out be hard but I have a goal and I am going to get through this little bump in the road :). . "If you’re not doing it . . . someone else is”

Have a great week everyone

Alaina xo

alainaravens
12-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Not having a cheat meal anymore but instead a high carb day is very hard . I didn't reach my numbers on sunday because I treated it like a cheat meal/day. I am not very happy with myself for it because being with college kids on the weekend makes it so hard. All I can do is learn from it and not do it again there is no sense to dwell on the past. I realized I am going to have to write my meal plans the night before on Myfitnesspal. It has been amazing and you should really try it out :)
Have a blessed week everyone !!
Alaina xo

alainaravens
12-14-2011, 08:38 AM
Not having a cheat meal anymore but instead a high carb day is very hard . I didn't reach my numbers on sunday because I treated it like a cheat meal/day. I am not very happy with myself for it because being with college kids on the weekend makes it so hard. All I can do is learn from it and not do it again there is no sense to dwell on the past. I realized I am going to have to write my meal plans the night before on Myfitnesspal. It has been amazing and you should really try it out
Have a blessed week everyone !!
Alaina xo

alainaravens
01-03-2012, 12:19 AM

The Prodigy
01-03-2012, 12:20 AM
I like the red one!!!!!!!!!!

The other one is very unique looking tho!

Hows your diet going for the Arnold? Who is helping you?

alainaravens
01-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks and I feel the same way . Only problem is I feel red is worn so much in bikini buuut not with gold. I am super excited actually and have been kind of doing work out blogs to help show my whole new approach to it. I am working with Mohsin Khan now :)

alainaravens
01-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Bodybuilding and Bikini diet and gym etiquette during off season. - YouTube
:) Check it out

katt981
01-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Yeah that red suit rocks! I think just because the big gold chain is 'different' :) Good luck with your prep!

alainaravens
01-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Alright thanks so much :)

alainaravens
01-05-2012, 04:02 PM
I am so excited that it is a new year. . It’s that time where you can just set new goals and look forward to achieving them :).
The past year was definitely one great one with many highlights as I won the Overall Bikini Midwest open and placed 3rd at my first National level show. On the other hand though I now know what has to be done to win and get that Pro Card and this year I have a feeling is my year to shine :)
Gym goals: To prepare myself and give 110% every time I hit the gym. . Go harder than I ever have. Also my main goal for my body is to hopefully slim down my legs and gluts :)
School goals: To continue to have over a 3.0 GPA :) Education needs to be first
Friends and Family goals: To have patience because not everyone enjoys training or hearing about it like I do. I need to make sure that I enjoy a social life while maintaining a clean diet and healthy prep!
*Life is all about lessons and you learn what works for others may not work for you and its all part of the adventure!!!

The Prodigy
01-05-2012, 10:14 PM
I like the goals! Keep pushing it! Especially in school!

Hugs!:hmn:

alainaravens
01-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Thanks so much :) One semester left till i get that Purdue degree :))

alainaravens
01-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Today has been one of those days where I sit back and think/question will I be ready in time or not. I made a promise to myself that the next time I hit the stage I will look better than the last and at the top of my game going in knowing I gave it my all. I cant believe lil over 6 weeks will be the show I am suppose to do ., The Arnold of all shows! I kind of have to think back and decide either I chance going on stage with the same look or wait and give myself lil more time for that final POP ! . . . . .

The Prodigy
01-16-2012, 10:19 PM
What does your diet coach say?

Sunnyday
01-17-2012, 02:17 PM
What does your diet coach say?

x2! I'm interested to know what your coach says as well.

alainaravens
01-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Says I can be ready for the show but I will not look best he thinks I can look if I give it a couple more weeks. . .aka I can do the show and place well but my goal is feel I did my best and look my best and going in to win it not just place and do it for fun . . But would be a great experience . . So hard :/

alainaravens
01-17-2012, 06:40 PM
my other idea was to do the Rx bikini model search and then the Fox cities show . . then hit Jrs hard ? so input or thoughts are great :)

juiceinator3000
01-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Although Arnold's would be an awesome experience.. I'd go with option 2.

Sunnyday
01-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Take a few more weeks like your coach says. Take your time with your prep and come in at your best. You will enjoy the experience that much more. :)

alainaravens
01-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Thanks I will do just that . sometimes just helps gettin others opinions :) Have a great week

alainaravens
01-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Havent been on for awhile so thought I would just talk about how proud I am of myself .This has been the best prep I have ever done in my life . I already feel and look better then I did when I won the Overall at the MIdwest Open. This is my year I can feel it :) .. Hard work and a great trainer pays off !!!

alainaravens
02-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Finally got my game plan of shows for the year and couldnt be happier . My first show I plan on doing that I think would just be a ton of fun is the Rxmuscle bikini contest. I love that its a pro show and I will hopefully get to see and learn a lot from watching it. Hopefully be able to get some stage practice and kick ass :) As for now though couldnt be more excited to go to my first Arnold show and work at a booth :) see everyone there

alainaravens
02-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Hey everyone, Been awhile once again been so busy with school and training . Super excited the Arnold is in a week and its my first time !! LOve it . Also need some advice . . Im doing the model search and I chopped all my hair off so was thinking do you think I should get extensions or do you think short hair might be a good change up ! Just not sure how exotic and sexy short is to others ? Input on hair please :)
Have a great hump day !

The Prodigy
02-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Hey everyone, Been awhile once again been so busy with school and training . Super excited the Arnold is in a week and its my first time !! LOve it . Also need some advice . . Im doing the model search and I chopped all my hair off so was thinking do you think I should get extensions or do you think short hair might be a good change up ! Just not sure how exotic and sexy short is to others ? Input on hair please :)
Have a great hump day !

I will be there! YAY! I think long hair is sexy...but that is just me! VERY few chics can pull of short hair! Can we change the name of your journal? What do you want me to change it to?

alainaravens
02-22-2012, 09:22 PM
I was going to ask you the same thing today actually lol and surprise me :) . . I def agree with you on the long hair but only reason why is I was hoping maybe it will help me stand out . . Like you said though very hard to pull off . . thanks

katt981
02-23-2012, 11:49 AM
you should post up some pic's of it!!

alainaravens
02-23-2012, 12:10 PM
will do :)

alainaravens
02-26-2012, 12:58 AM
115308I think im going to go with long hair :) sneak peak!! Hope everyone likes !!

Sunnyday
02-26-2012, 09:36 PM
:yep: Looks nice!

alainaravens
02-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Thank you :)

The Prodigy
02-27-2012, 09:24 AM
I like the long hair! I think you should roll with it! Can't wait to see you in St. Louis!

katt981
02-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Very cute!

alainaravens
02-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Thanks :) I am so excited for it been way too long since Ive been on stage lol That and I cant wait to see all my favorite pros :)

alainaravens
03-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Arnold was the best experience ever and so glad I went and go t to meet all my favorite pros. Also soo excited to hear India got 2nd love her and well deserved . As for my show Well since the Rxbikini model search is now cancelled in debate as to do the Npc bikini show .. as of now thinking I might as well ive worked this hard :) Plus Ill feel much better knowing all my friends are on springbreak and I am on stage showing off my body while they are drinking theirs away lol . .Game time !!

The Prodigy
03-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Do the bikini show! You will do well!

alainaravens
03-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Sending the form into day . Little last minute but talked with Jack said its all good !! See u soon :) first show of the year ahhh cant wait

alainaravens
03-12-2012, 12:53 PM
I cant believe I am 4 days away from my first show this year. It has been a stressful week just because its always hard giving up friends and being a college student on springbreak. I know it will be well worth it once I get to this show!! All it takes sometimes is for one person to say Alaina I admire you for what you do and I know what I do is well worth any Panama City Spring break :) . .hope to see everyone in St louis !!xo

The Prodigy
03-12-2012, 02:52 PM
What day are you leaving? You driving?

alainaravens
03-12-2012, 10:43 PM
yeah its like a 5 hr drive and Friday morning most likely. What time is everything sunday ?

The Prodigy
03-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Starts at noon...come cheer me on! I will NEED it!

alainaravens
03-12-2012, 11:45 PM
You betcha :) Long as u do the same for me lol !

The Prodigy
03-13-2012, 03:13 AM
It will be fun! I always try to just put more stress on myself to have fun then to compete to win....

You will meet a ton of people as well!

Call or text if you need anything!

alainaravens
03-19-2012, 03:09 PM
so true on meeting people .. When I got my make up done I was n star struck w all the pros sitting next to me lol Think I did a good job keeping my cool :) Great show n def went out of my comfort zone by going alone :) Thanks !

alainaravens
03-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Well I am officially 6 weeks out now from IL state :) I am pretty excited to do show where all my friends and family can actually come and see me rock the stage . The st Louis show went really well I placed 3rd but overall I knew going into the show that I needed work. I learned a lot of what I need to change and work on. Also was so grateful on meeting so many new people with being there by myself. I want to say thank you to J for doing my make up and Vizionwear who made my amazing suit :) . . NOW time to kill it bc overall jrs will b here before I know it 117222

katt981
03-21-2012, 10:13 AM
3rd is GREAT! You look awesome!

alainaravens
03-21-2012, 03:26 PM
thank you :) super pumped for these next 12 weeks

alainaravens
03-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Even though I just did a show and felt I did well . I also knew there was a list of things I needed to change for my upcoming show. Usually I look at everything in a positive point of view but the past week I have been very hard on myself. Its rough to always compare to others and realize your body cant transform exactly how you want it to. Every day I need to just set a goal for myself and know when the time comes I will be ready !! :)

The Prodigy
03-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Don't be hard on yourself.....I hope this makes you smile! I am proud of you!

http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/athlete-profiles/5293-spotlight-on-npc-bikini-competitor-alaina-ravens.html

alainaravens
03-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Thanks so much for doing that for me .
Sorry I have been MIA had 3 test all the same day :/. Back on the grind though working on my glutes !! Hope everything is going well with you

alainaravens
04-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Man I swear this year has went by so fast and its hard for me to adjust that I will be hitting the stage again in 4 weeks then Jrs is right around the corner. I am in a struggle with my body and gettin that image I want. I also know that its time and patience. I know what I can do and sometimes it takes a minute to honestly think to yourself . Am I honestly giving 100% every time I lift ,every cardio sesh, every meal and I realized no I am not . I need to dig down deep and make this change bc no one is responsible for your actions but you.

Hope everyone has a blessed week !! Setting a goal for myself every day and working towards it

alainaravens
04-16-2012, 08:24 AM
The one thing I love /hate about this sport is . I love workin for what I want but hate not getting the results I want when I want them. I realize things take time like building muscle and some girls who have what I want . .want what others have . Last year this was all new so I didnt know what to expect so I just brought my best package and my own personality. Now I find myself wanting to look ,walk, and present the same package as all the other girls. Its hard trying to keep your own personality in it when you also want to win it. Working more n more on being me and just letting things fall into place. Everything happens for a reason and I think I am learning some major life lessons along the way.

The Prodigy
04-16-2012, 09:56 PM
The one thing I love /hate about this sport is . I love workin for what I want but hate not getting the results I want when I want them. I realize things take time like building muscle and some girls who have what I want . .want what others have . Last year this was all new so I didnt know what to expect so I just brought my best package and my own personality. Now I find myself wanting to look ,walk, and present the same package as all the other girls. Its hard trying to keep your own personality in it when you also want to win it. Working more n more on being me and just letting things fall into place. Everything happens for a reason and I think I am learning some major life lessons along the way.

That is what life is about. Every new thing you try in your life leads you to learn about yourself, others and you also begin to cherish good people and mentors. You learn when to be a giver and when to focus on yourself and your goals. Don't be so anxious to push thru this path, stop and smell the roses cause you will wake up one day and not be able to go back! TRUST ME!

alainaravens
04-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Thank you and I agree I like the the route im on right now and the way I am doing things since my last show. You sure are good w advice we should pay u :)

The Prodigy
04-18-2012, 11:07 AM
I have been on both ends of the fence...competed and worked in the industry...been sponsored...etc....etc.....

A wise diet coach once told me if you do what you are passionate about it will come natural and you won't work a day in your life....and that is the truth about everythign I do!

alainaravens
04-21-2012, 09:28 PM
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”
quote I have to live by . . Going through my first time being cheated on after a year relationship. I thought to myself I can either be in depression and let all my dreams dall apart or pick myself up and prove he was not worth ruining my dreams over. I know once I go back to school things wont be easy but I have wonderful friends and family who will help me thr it all. I am blessed to just be able to wake up healthy every day !

The Prodigy
04-21-2012, 11:32 PM
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”
quote I have to live by . . Going through my first time being cheated on after a year relationship. I thought to myself I can either be in depression and let all my dreams dall apart or pick myself up and prove he was not worth ruining my dreams over. I know once I go back to school things wont be easy but I have wonderful friends and family who will help me thr it all. I am blessed to just be able to wake up healthy every day !

I am sorry to hear this! Focus on you and your goals and dreams. Better you find this out now then to stay with him and it happens when you are married!

alainaravens
04-24-2012, 12:26 AM
Yes I am very thankful . Hurts like hell now but I cant let it ruin my dreams . . .

Aly Veneno
07-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Hi alaina, I was reading your journal and saw it ended on a very rough time. Just wanted to see how you were doing and what is next for you?