PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on my First National debut

Erykah
12-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Im making this post because there seems to be much conversation about my physique on various forums, both positive and negative feedback on my conditioning. I am neither here to complain or defend myself because everyone will always have their own opinon about physique.. they are entitled to. However there are some things I would like to address that I have been seeing lately.
Firstly id like to mention that when I step on stage, I do not do it solely to please a row of judges. I got into competing for myself, to see the changes that I could make with my body and how far I could take it If i trained hard. So far I have made massive improvements with my physique which I am proud of. I know i still have a long way to go. For someone to ever make a comment that people should not compete that do not have " perfect" physiques should none the less be popped in the mouth. Who has ever stepped on stage with the PERFECT physique? There will always be some kind of improvements you can make to your body one way or the other and to ever say that you are absolutely perfect in every humanly possible way... is unrealistic. None of us are born with the same slate of genes, we all must work with what we have. If we were all stepping onstage with perfect physiques, I have no idea how we would make a competition out of that. Many people tend to forget that for some of us, competing is fun, not something we destroy ourselves over if a particular part of our body isnt up to par. Thats the beauty of competing.. you will always learn more about yourself and you will always do better as you do. VERY exciting stuff.
Second... Yes proportion in figure is a huge deal. Yes it can make you or break you. From my pictures that I have posted you have got to be crazy if you dont think I know that my upper body dominates my lower half. And to think that I dont realize that I have long legs is very humorous as well. There is nothing I can do about having a short torso and long legs, no. But can I give them the illusion of being shorter by getting a larger sweep and bigger calves? YOU BET. All of us have our strong points ( I believe my back) and our weaker points ( of course my legs) But are we going to pull ourselves out of competing because we have weakness's? Heck no, we're going to work harder and prove to ourselves and the world that we can overcome challenges.
From my previous injuries in life from track and field even wrestling in high school my knees have undergone various serious injuries. In the beginning I believed that these injuries would keep me from competing because I could barely work out my quads without extruciating pain. Slowly but surely I have been able to strengthen crucial muscles to get myself back up to speed and now I am able to work my legs hard. With more work I will be able to tax them even harder. My chicken calves, I have NEVER been able to gain mass in them but I will not stop trying. It will happen. You only have one body though.. and you must be nice to it, rushing never has proven anything good to me. Anything worth having comes with time... I see this the same with developing my legs and calves.
This winter is going to be a great time for me, doing 6 shows this past year barely gave me time to build mass in my weaker areas. I'm looking forward to gaining 4-5 lbs lean mass, fixing up my posing and making 2012 my year!! This time I am going to come in with a custom made suit that better fits my shape as well ( one thing that i believe may have hurt me at nationals). I am thankful to have such a very supportive fiance and awesome trainer, Noel Fuller.
So this year I am working with God gave me and putting 100% real, all natural work into it ;) People will continue to say what they wanna say and thats ok, we are entitled to our opinions. Dont get me wrong I love getting feedback from people about my performace, its the only way you can grow. But if you'd ever like to argue with me about my chances of getting anywhere with competing because of my natural physique you can probably guess I will tell you to pound sand and tell you to watch.... Unless your Noel. ;) Happy Holidays everyone!

jewelisa
12-06-2011, 05:10 PM
All the best sweetie ! Just a note what we do is a sport and there is gonna be feedback. Kinda like monday morning quarterbacking !! You got ALOT of compliments over at Sioux :hugme: This is not a sport for one with thin skin and believe me. I do not have thick skin :no: either . Your a beautiful girl enjoy the ride !

Erykah
12-06-2011, 05:15 PM
All the best sweetie ! Just a note what we do is a sport and there is gonna be feedback. Kinda like monday morning quarterbacking !! You got ALOT of compliments over at Sioux :hugme: This is not a sport for one with thin skin and believe me. I do not have thick skin :no: either . Your a beautiful girl enjoy the ride !

Thank you jewelisa, I dont have a soiux account.. and I should probably get one. I am definately down for feedback, yes yes. I came across a particular comment that rubbed me wrong, being my first year.... but this will soon pass as i grow into this lol. Thank you beautiful and I appreciate the comment :)

The Prodigy
12-06-2011, 05:46 PM
I think you look great! What is your next show?

Erykah
12-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Emerald cup in April :)!!! Excited! Thank you "chief" ;)