PDA

View Full Version : Meal intake on the job

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-07-2009, 06:53 PM
How do you get it done? What kind of work environment do you have? Solitary? Office cube? Access to your own refrigerator? Construction or warehouse?? Time management is key.

Talk about it :)

Wheels
04-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Before I was laid off I worked as an IT technician. I purchased a mini fridge for my cube, and my supervisor was a gym rat like me so we could go and lift during lunch. It was a pretty sweet setup ...

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-07-2009, 07:02 PM
My insulated travel cooler is my best friend! Big enough to store two ice packs, and anywhere from 4-8 Ziploc plastic containers (depending on size). I even managed to stick a plate in mine at one point, and still piled Ziploc containers on top of it with my ice :D

Mongdog
04-07-2009, 07:04 PM
I have been lucky. I am a trainer and all the gyms and studios have a fridge.

buster12
04-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Before I was laid off I worked as an IT technician. I purchased a mini fridge for my cube, and my supervisor was a gym rat like me so we could go and lift during lunch. It was a pretty sweet setup ...
I thought your were like 17 ....?

Wheels
04-07-2009, 07:13 PM
I thought your were like 17 ....?

Lol, I look young in my pics ... but I'm 25 bro.

Shadow
04-07-2009, 07:16 PM
I drive buses when I'm not in class, so an Ezekiel bread sandwich or a protein shake becomes my best friend.

buster12
04-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Lol, I look young in my pics ... but I'm 25 bro.
Oh, I thought you said you were 17 once. but I'm prolly thinking of someone different... n/m

Koubs
04-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Working at a desk in an office was nice as far as eating meals: I was able to get up and eat my meals whenever I wanted right at my desk! I walked about 20 steps to the kitchen to get my food out of the fridge and warm it up....

BUT, the job was mindless and so boring (transportation sales), so I recently quit... I had just gotten my degree in exercise science and I didn't want to get stuck in that 'routine' of working there, although it was easy eating my meals.. i'm in between jobs at the moment, so it's VERY easy to get my meals in, lol

Canuck_Muscle
04-08-2009, 02:03 AM
I take all my meals to work. I have to get up a little earlier to cook them all but it is worth it. I have a very laid back job so I get to always eat my meals on time so that is nice. I put them all in tubberware containers and I am all set. I am on the job 12 hours a night so I gotta make sure I cook my meals because a couple times in the past I was lazy and did not cook them instead I took some garbage to work with me like pizza pops or something like that and that was terrible. I also forgot to mention I have a microwave and a fridge in my office.

Rico MacTaco
04-08-2009, 03:22 AM
I make my meals for the day while I eat meal one everyday. Usually takes about 20-30 minutes. Ground beef is cooked, weighed, and sorted a head of time but everything else is made fresh. I microwave my fish which only takes a few minutes. Other than beef and fish the only protein sources I use are Christopher eggs and Hydrolyzed Whey Isolate so they are real easy to prepare. I just use the tuperware sorted containers. I put my meat on one side and my carbs and fibrous veggies on the other. Works out pretty good. I like to use mac-nut oil on my veggies for a fat source so by the time I microwave the dish a couple hours later the oil has had time to set in and taste really good. I work on truck dock. We get two 15-minute breaks and a half-hour lunch so it works out perfect to get 2-3 meals in while there.

Sledge
04-08-2009, 03:33 AM
I work on a large industrial site/mining operation/small town. I fly in and out 8 days on 6 off. I pre prepare all my meals and put them in ziploc bags and cary them to site in a cooler bag.. I have 2 shakes a day and 4 solid food meals I just nuke em and eat as close to meal time as I can.

MRT
04-08-2009, 03:35 AM
I carry nuts in my pocket and some polish sausage

thesamewords
04-08-2009, 03:42 AM
I normally make a pan of baked chicken at the top of the week( sunday). Once I portion out my meals Im set to go to work. I have a fridge at my job so all of my meals are easy to get to and I can leave them there for up to a week if I wanted to.
I dont leave drinks in there though, cause im afraid they will get stolen or someone will open the lid of my protein and smell it or drop something in it. I work with kids and do alot of counseling so I have the chance to eat as much as I want when im at my desk.When I take my kids to the gym I take a meal with me while they train. Chicken with Tapatio is the way I normally roll!

GYM RAT
04-08-2009, 06:08 AM
i carry nuts in my pocket and some polish sausage

lmao

blacktaboo
04-08-2009, 11:55 AM
i have a stove and fridge at my job.....i sometimes cook my meals.....or i jus store them in the fridge.....lifes good!!!

"Rodz"
04-11-2009, 01:57 AM
my cooler is under my desk, i just grab a container and eat quickly

Suzanne
04-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Chase has probs in that he often has to go to client sites to train them or do presentations and often no break from start 8-9AM til noon then no break again til 5 or later when done. We has yet to figure out how he can get those meals in. Sometimes he is able to slam a shake but other not. He travels to clients a least twice a month for 3-4 days.

When i worked as a programmer just brought all my meals and ate at my desk.

thepump
04-14-2009, 07:28 PM
I have a fridge and a microwave. I schedule my clients around my meal times so I pretty much have it made, better than I used to have it working in a junkyard back in the day crushing motor blocks.

bigdaddyd
04-14-2009, 08:04 PM
How do you get it done? What kind of work environment do you have? Solitary? Office cube? Access to your own refrigerator? Construction or warehouse?? Time management is key.

Talk about it :)

I have an office and bring a big cooler everyday. I usually have at least 3 and sometimes 4 meals in there. I get a lot of flack from my employees but who the hell cares. I eat what I want when I want and since I am the boss....SCREW'EM

tammyp
04-15-2009, 06:25 AM
those protiens in the little beeker tubes would be perfect for those that cant eat regularly.

Mouse
04-15-2009, 07:48 AM
I have an office with my own fridge so I'm pretty well stocked with anything I need. I make my lunches in advance on Sunday (this week it's turkey chili again) and just grab them in the morning. Throw in packs of oatmeal, fruit and protein powder and I've always got something to eat during the day.

GREENMACHINE23
04-15-2009, 05:13 PM
I have a fridge and microwaves at my work. We get a break every two hours, so I have plenty of time to get meals in.

AussieRugbyPlayer
04-15-2009, 09:44 PM
I cook all my meals (except dinners) on a Sunday for the week, then put them in containers and freeze them.

We have a large fridge at work with a decent size freezer, so I can store my 9am - 5pm meals at work for the week and nuke when required. I jsut add salad when required. Plus I have oats, skinny milk and WPI for breakfast so its easy for breakfast.

Normmaly these are my meals, but currently on a very very restricted amount of cals, so current diet is rather different:
7.45am PWO: 50g WPI, creatine, malt/dex combo
1 (8.30am): 1xcup Oats, milk and WPI
2 (10.30am): 50g WPI shake
3 (12.30pm): 200-220g Chicken or kangaroo or turkey, 1xcup basmati rice (cooked) and salad or veg
4 (2.30pm): same as 3
5 (4.30pm): 50g WPI shake, 2xtbl natty PB
6 (6.30pm): 200-220g Chicken breast
7 (8.30pm): 250g Steak or salmon, salad or veg
8 (10.30pm): 50g WPI shake