PDA

View Full Version : Kalbi Ribs with Macadamia Nut Rice

Friendly Milkshake
12-13-2011, 06:12 AM
This sounds and looks spectacular ! :drool:
too bad im on Keto :mad:

some one please give this a shot and tell me how it was while i have 5 mins alone time :yep:

http://steamykitchen.com/18881-kalbi-ribs-with-macadamia-nut-rice-recipe.html

http://steamykitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Kalbi-Ribs-with-Macadamia-Nut-Rice-Recipe1.jpg

This Korean twist on the American classic comfort food, short ribs, is supereasy and quick,” says Merriman. “It’s also a guys’ recipe. It should be cooked outside on the grill. It goes great with a beer.

Recipe copyright Peter Merriman

ingredients:
1 jumbo onion
6 cloves garlic
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh ginger
2 cups low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
5 pounds 1/2-inch-cut beef short ribs, use prime or choice corn-fed beef (you need the fat)
12 ounces jasmine rice
2 tablespoons garlic butter
1/2 cup chopped toasted macadamia nuts
1/2 cup chopped scallions
directions:
1. Purée the onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a food processor. Pour over ribs and marinate for 8 hours.
2. rinse the rice in a sieve under cold water, place in a small saucepan, and pour in enough water to cover rice and come to 1 inch above it. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. turn off the heat and let the rice rest for 15 minutes without opening the lid.
3. Grill the ribs over charcoal until medium rare.
4. Serve on jasmine rice tossed with garlic butter, toasted macadamia nuts, and chopped scallions.

Chef Merriman’s Tip
“Half-inch pieces of beef absorb the marinade better, stay more tender, and cook more evenly—so have your butcher cut them down.”

Spacey
12-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Korean BBQ meats are the bomb. Kalbi is good, but I love bulgogi. If you live near a koreatown, it is always dirt cheap there.

Friendly Milkshake
12-13-2011, 07:08 AM
Korean BBQ meats are the bomb. Kalbi is good, but I love bulgogi. If you live near a koreatown, it is always dirt cheap there.

dude bulgogi made from filet mignon is the bomb!

Spacey
12-13-2011, 01:29 PM
^^^ :drool: I think bulgogi might be ok on a keto diet, too. I bought some raw at the Korean market to make at home. I can't remember exactly, but I think the only ingredients listed were meat, soy, sesame oil. Definitely didn't mention anything about sugar.

Do you get the small side dishes (I tjink they are called pan chon) when you go out for Korean, too? I love the kimchee and pickled bean sprouts in sesame oil.

And on cheat days, I go for Korean fried chicken. Man, now I am hungry!!

Sent using Tapatalk

Friendly Milkshake
12-13-2011, 05:46 PM
^^^ :drool: I think bulgogi might be ok on a keto diet, too. I bought some raw at the Korean market to make at home. I can't remember exactly, but I think the only ingredients listed were meat, soy, sesame oil. Definitely didn't mention anything about sugar.

Do you get the small side dishes (I tjink they are called pan chon) when you go out for Korean, too? I love the kimchee and pickled bean sprouts in sesame oil.

And on cheat days, I go for Korean fried chicken. Man, now I am hungry!!

Sent using Tapatalk

man if it dont got sugar its not my kind of bulgogi!

Spacey
12-13-2011, 10:36 PM
man if it dont got sugar its not my kind of bulgogi!

lol. You're probably right, and they just didn't list it on the package. But, I don't want to know. It's too good to give up!

Conrad
12-14-2011, 12:56 PM
This is more like a muscle meal than a gingered pie :yep: