PDA

View Full Version : Would you...

MsGuns
04-07-2009, 08:08 PM
go to a show as a competitor w/out hotel accomodations?

Would you share a room w/ someone and NOT pay your half?

SallyAnne
04-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Did someone bilk you for a room?

MsGuns
04-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Did someone bilk you for a room?

Nope...
Some1 did it at nats...

I just dont know how people (females) have the balls to do stuff...

SallyAnne
04-07-2009, 08:13 PM
I have heard stories, too.

No - I'd never go if I couldn't affort it, and I'd never stiff someone when I promise to pay.

MsGuns
04-07-2009, 08:18 PM
I have heard stories, too.

No - I'd never go if I couldn't affort it, and I'd never stiff someone when I promise to pay.

makes a lot of sense...Your a good person...

oklahomeskillet
04-07-2009, 11:24 PM
go to a show as a competitor w/out hotel accomodations?

Would you share a room w/ someone and NOT pay your half?

A friend of mine was supposed to do my hair and makeup in exchange for a ticket to my first show. She "forgot" all her supplies, didn't want to help me put on the makeup I'd brought with me, overslept and missed prejudging (therefore, no pics), and didn't pay for her share of the room OR her tickets.

A week later she ran a red light and totaled her car (she was unhurt)...karma?

jasons805
04-08-2009, 01:51 AM
Best thing to do is make it clear your a dead beat from the start.

tammyp
04-08-2009, 05:57 AM
i am a super planner and anal about details. i already have my room for north americans. that sucks..i cant imagine doing that to someone or having it done to me.

Curt James
04-08-2009, 06:32 AM
A friend of mine was supposed to do my hair and makeup in exchange for a ticket to my first show. She "forgot" all her supplies, didn't want to help me put on the makeup I'd brought with me, overslept and missed prejudging (therefore, no pics), and didn't pay for her share of the room OR her tickets.

A week later she ran a red light and totaled her car (she was unhurt)...karma?

So, what are your enemies like? :(

And definitely what I'd call karma. Glad she wasn't hurt, but, yeah. :beerbang:

Skeptic
04-08-2009, 07:22 AM
makes a lot of sense...Your a good person...

This statement is true. :)

(Ohhh, MsGuns was referring to SA)

oklahomeskillet
04-10-2009, 12:23 AM
So, what are your enemies like? :(

And definitely what I'd call karma. Glad she wasn't hurt, but, yeah. :beerbang:

lol...well, she was a friend at the time! But really, I gave her a piece of my mind, the universe put itself back into balance and we made up.

But I'll never trust her with anything important again!

MRT
04-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Yes i would do it!!

dvsness
04-10-2009, 11:23 AM
How rude. If you can't afford to do a show that requires traveling, stay local.

GatorPump
04-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Maybe not the place to post this, but I have found, because I do alot of traveling, that if you book your flight, hotel, and/or car, too, you can get an amazing deal. I never belived it until I tried it. When I booked our Olympia trip, I saved like $400 amd when I flew into Cincinnati which is usually too expensive to fly direct into, it was extremely affordable.

Also, even if their is a discounted price for some groups at hotels, still check the sites like hotels.com because I have actuaully found the same host hotel cheaper there.

Hope this helped someone looking for arrangements so they don't have to go and stiff someone.:)

Curt James
04-10-2009, 11:36 AM
lol...well, she was a friend at the time! But really, I gave her a piece of my mind, the universe put itself back into balance and we made up.

But I'll never trust her with anything important again!

That's not making up.

Not a criticism, of course. You should have pushed her in front of a bus.

Er, wait.

I meant, you should have been slightly firmer with her.

Curt James
04-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Maybe not the place to post this, but I have found, because I do alot of traveling, that if you book your flight, hotel, and/or car, too, you can get an amazing deal. I never belived it until I tried it. When I booked our Olympia trip, I saved like $400 amd when I flew into Cincinnati which is usually too expensive to fly direct into, it was extremely affordable.

Also, even if their is a discounted price for some groups at hotels, still check the sites like hotels.com because I have actuaully found the same host hotel cheaper there.

Hope this helped someone looking for arrangements so they don't have to go and stiff someone.:)

X2

It's all in the planning and people generally (myself DEFINITELY included) are sh!t for planning. I wouldn't stiff someone, though. I'd just stay at home. lol

lil mama
04-10-2009, 11:41 AM
To stiff sumone with the bill like that you would have to be a very inconsiderate person and selfish...HOW RUDE.

lil mama
04-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi curt!!

sassy69
04-10-2009, 12:08 PM
For one, it puts an awful lot of stress & risk on your ability to make it to the competition. What if you do get tossed out of the room, or the key taken away, or your stuff locked in? Your shit out of luck and you just compromised the whole purpose for being there. Another thing is that it is rude and selfish and inconsiderate. Its a trust violation, and that shit sticks. Especially in a small community like FBB where WE TALK. Fool you once... then everyone will know and you become a pariah. So ... there's definitely risk and consequence. People do not forget such fundamental violations of trust when we're all looking to help a fellow competitor and we're all going thru the same financial and personal costs of this sport. Its sort of very poor sportsmanship. THat would make me question everything about this person's integrity, on & off stage.