PDA

View Full Version : 2012-Its Tiffany's Turn...

WPDTiffany
12-18-2011, 08:38 PM
I know what you're thinking..."Here we go, again!" And to that, I say "Hell yeah! Here we go!" I'm sitting at the computer, with my belly full of tilapia and asparagus, remembering that no matter how much I complained about it (during contest prep), I actually love this stuff!! LOL! I really do. So, now that the chicken is out of the oven and broccoli is boiling on the stove, I have a little time to get this journal started.

Let's see...where do I begin? How about where my last contest ended...Nationals. My husband and I had an amazing experience in Miami, we met my new best bud Elizabeth Morales (such a beautiful woman with a warm and lovely soul), we met a phenom and star Olympia athlete Jose Raymond and his lovely lady Toni Perdikakis (figure beauty) and worked with a highly-coveted photographer, Dan Ray. The ladies I competed with were super nice and so supportive of everyone. I brought a package to Miami that even I didnt believe I was capable of. My husband, Rob, and our friend Ryan Walters of Conquering Giants, had every belief in me and my abilities. And a big thanks to them, because at 4 wks out I gave up. I stopped my journey short by 4 wks. I lost the vision, I lost the fire and I lost faith in the process. But with their help, their "Never Give Up" pep talks and their intervention I stepped back into the grind with a renewed energy (partially by all the carbs I took in after quitting, lol) and a hunger for a victory in the battle of U vs U!!!!! I went into it from that point on thinking about the overall picture and not the placing the judges gave me when I left Miami.

The Prodigy
12-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Welcome aboard girl! Whats the plan for this year?

WPDTiffany
12-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Whoops!! Sorry about that...I think my puppy posted that before I had a chance to finish it.
2012 is coming on strong! It's gomma be "Me time"!! I'm doing a local show to get qualified for national stage again. Then, from there I plan to hit Jr Nats in Chicago and then Vegas baby for USAs with our friend Ryan Walters and then to Nationals in GA (whether to compete or not, it's too close to TN not to go and mingle)! And of course photoshoots at every destination and in between! I'll be posting lots of training journals and food journals on my thread.
Rob is out of commission right now with a torn pec, MRI results given yesterday reveal a 50% tear. So he will be right by my side documenting with a training video for y'all to enjoy too! I'm waiting to hear back on a sponsorship opportunity for 2012--fingers crossed!!!

So that's it for now. Just trying to keep my paws outta the goodies our vendors have been sending us by the truckload...and nose to the grindstone to make a bigger and thicker Tiffany for next year!!!

We are tweaking diet today and I'll post that along with back workout tonight!!

Have fun gettin fit!!!!
Tiffany

WPDTiffany
12-20-2011, 11:28 PM
Good evening everyone!!!
Rob surprised me tonight...I expected a back workout and he switched it up...LEGS!!! YES!!

I have always loved working legs. Throw on my sweats, hat, and earphones armed with a lil Eminem or Pitbull and bust out these wheels. So, here's what I did...

5 min warm-up on bike

3 warm-up sets on leg extension
3 full sets on leg extension (5 regular, 5 slow and squeeze hard, 5 regular)

3 sets leg press (12, 10, 8)

3 sets squat rack (12, 10, 8)

2 sets hack squat (12 each)

2 sets walking lunges (40 each set, second set with 15 lb dumb bells)

finish with 3 sets of leg extensions (squeezing hard and slow 12, 10, 8)

Cardio is necessary, even on leg day. So, I did 45 minutes of interval training on the treadmill. I've recently been introduced to the stair mill at another gym and LOVE IT!!! So, when I'm at the gym we've been a long-time member, I do cardio on treadmill, and at the new gym we recently got a membership at I do the stepmill.

My number one goal right now is getting up and doing my AM cardio at home. I know that this is so important and necessary for me to reach my goals but ITS SOOO HARD, right?! I cannot be the only one who hates 430am cardio! If y'all have any ideas or suggestions on getting my sleepy butt up at 430am, please...SPILL IT!!

Anyway, I have to get to bed...I've got morning cardio to get up for..LOL, work til 430pm and start my Christmas shopping tomorrow night! No training tomorrow. I know, I know. I have 4 kids and not one gift has been purchased yet!! We are such procrastinators...lol!

Y'all have a great night...come back for more...I'll be posting some hot pics Dan Ray took at Nationals last month...I LOVE THEM!!!

Have fun gettin' fit!!!!

Tiffany

WPDTiffany
12-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Hey ladies! It's Tiffany here. I've been super busy, like everyone else, with Christmas and training. Sorry for being out-of-pocket!! We saw the surgeon yesterday for Rob's torn pec and they are doing surgery today...yay for someone's last minute cancellation!!! So, fingers crossed everything goes well.

Last night he finished my diet and I've been 100% clean since last nights training and hour of cardio. If I don't have that plan in front of me, I'm so likely to eat everything in my path.. Lol!! I'm so excited to get down n dirrty with my new goal...get big!!! I get lean steak, chicken and tilapia everyday! I need that variety to keep me on it!!

I'm still training hard, pushing more weight but I'm just not getting my morning cardio in like I know I HAVE to. Now that Diet starts 100% today that should make it easier for me. It's NO JOKE!!! If u eat Crap, you'll feel like Crap!!! I can never get up at 430am for cardio when my diet isn't there.

Well, signing off for now! Leaving work in 30 mins to get my man to Nashville for his date with a scalpel.

Ps Ive been trying to post pics on this thread but it says they are too big, I'm so not a technology girl but will keep trying!!

The Prodigy
12-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Good luck on the surgery!

If you need help sizing pics let me know!

What show are you doing in 2012?

KBigz81
12-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Hey ladies! It's Tiffany here. I've been super busy, like everyone else, with Christmas and training. Sorry for being out-of-pocket!! We saw the surgeon yesterday for Rob's torn pec and they are doing surgery today...yay for someone's last minute cancellation!!! So, fingers crossed everything goes well.

Last night he finished my diet and I've been 100% clean since last nights training and hour of cardio. If I don't have that plan in front of me, I'm so likely to eat everything in my path.. Lol!! I'm so excited to get down n dirrty with my new goal...get big!!! I get lean steak, chicken and tilapia everyday! I need that variety to keep me on it!!

I'm still training hard, pushing more weight but I'm just not getting my morning cardio in like I know I HAVE to. Now that Diet starts 100% today that should make it easier for me. It's NO JOKE!!! If u eat Crap, you'll feel like Crap!!! I can never get up at 430am for cardio when my diet isn't there.

Well, signing off for now! Leaving work in 30 mins to get my man to Nashville for his date with a scalpel.

Ps Ive been trying to post pics on this thread but it says they are too big, I'm so not a technology girl but will keep trying!!

I hate doing cardio in the morning...I know its what works best for me but when I'm in the offseason my motivation to do it goes completely away. I would much rather sleep in and do it after my workout is done and I end up getting home around 8 at night. Good luck on the surgery! And I agree I feel like utter complete shit from eating crap from Christmas. Now I HAVE to do cardio in the morning to get it off. UGH!

mcstrick
12-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Hey Tiffany,
I see you worked with Dan Ray. He is the photograher I would like to work with. Do you normally schedule your photo shoots before a show or right after? I'm a newbie at this so any advice you can give me on doing photo shoots would be great.

KrisLynn
12-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Girl I have to follow your journey... U rock! ;) Good luck Chica... and get that cardio in, I know some lil wicked chic I will be up against next comp will be all over it... So I gotta do it... UGH... my bod just doesnt move that way in the am!! Sucky....

WPDTiffany
01-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Thank u everyone for the well wishes for Rob. Surgery went very well. He is in the resting and waiting phase. Post op will be thursday, hopefully good things only!!
So mcstrick, shooting with Dan Ray is a fun experience! He is very knowledgeable about the competition world, obviously working within it, so he gives great direction during shoot and also gives u an opportunity to do a lil of Ur own thing too!! He's great! U will need to find him on facebook and message him a month or two before your contest to verify his availability. And he'll send u his cell number so u can keep him updated on any changes u need to make before Ur shoot. I normally do very few shoots before the actual show date so I can give my body plenty of rest. Many girls do theirs after the show, too. I'm thinking about doing a shoot or two post-show, after I fill out!! Should be interesting, to say the least!
Thanks Krislynn for jumping on board! Im so excited about this year!! I started my am cardio this weekend and haven't missed yet! Lol!! Fingers crossed I can continue...good luck with Ur journey, girl! Sometimes I like knowing my competition, but so many times I've allowed that to psych me out, which leads to me not trusting the process, doubting my abilities and wondering who else will be there that I don't know! I lose my motivation and get off course. I've learned to go in with the "U vs U" mentality. Just bring Ur best to that show and have confidence on that stage and let the chips fall. U do it cause u love it, placings are icing on the cake!!

I'm heading out for lunch...tilapia and salad. Enjoy your day and Happy New Year to everyone!!!!!

Bronwyn
01-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Thank u everyone for the well wishes for Rob. Surgery went very well. He is in the resting and waiting phase. Post op will be thursday, hopefully good things only!!
So mcstrick, shooting with Dan Ray is a fun experience! He is very knowledgeable about the competition world, obviously working within it, so he gives great direction during shoot and also gives u an opportunity to do a lil of Ur own thing too!! He's great! U will need to find him on facebook and message him a month or two before your contest to verify his availability. And he'll send u his cell number so u can keep him updated on any changes u need to make before Ur shoot. I normally do very few shoots before the actual show date so I can give my body plenty of rest. Many girls do theirs after the show, too. I'm thinking about doing a shoot or two post-show, after I fill out!! Should be interesting, to say the least!
Thanks Krislynn for jumping on board! Im so excited about this year!! I started my am cardio this weekend and haven't missed yet! Lol!! Fingers crossed I can continue...good luck with Ur journey, girl! Sometimes I like knowing my competition, but so many times I've allowed that to psych me out, which leads to me not trusting the process, doubting my abilities and wondering who else will be there that I don't know! I lose my motivation and get off course. I've learned to go in with the "U vs U" mentality. Just bring Ur best to that show and have confidence on that stage and let the chips fall. U do it cause u love it, placings are icing on the cake!!

I'm heading out for lunch...tilapia and salad. Enjoy your day and Happy New Year to everyone!!!!!

Hi, may I join :) watching so many WP girls here (I am heading to that class myself :D)
Dan is a great man and friend and I had a pleasure to work with him in 2010 Olympia. :)

With the loosing motivation (for all) - I used to be the same. And still I am tending to return to that. Takes a lot of time and strenght to learn to think positively - and not only to demonstrate it, but to feel that inside. Especially in moments when you do all you should do, you working hard and think your progress is too small or you are not where you should be

... and you are right about turning the thinking into Ur best focused goals is the best you may do !:yep:

KrisLynn
01-04-2012, 09:03 AM

LOL... Girl Im all over "U vs U" attitude... cant get away from it... IM A Freakin GEMINI!!!! lol

One sec Im giddy, YAY Hard Rockin Thighs!!! The Next...Where TF did my Quads go??? ;(

GOOD TIMES, LOVE IT!!!

Knucklebump... Kick azz today Chica!

stephaniewilles
01-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Hey Tiffany!! Glad your back!!

Great to meet you at Nationals as well!

I'll be following!!

Happy New Year!:)

WPDTiffany
01-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Hi there everyone!! Thanks for joining , all of u. I am excited about 2012 and I know that everyone is ready for the competition season to begin. We have changed up my plans for this year. I need some grow time so I plan to qualify at the local shows later in the year. Waiting til The Knox Classic in Knoxville and the TN State show will give me a lnother good 5 months to put on some more size. Then, as long as I requalify I'll be at North Americans in Pittsburgh and then Nationals in Atlanta.
So what are your plans for the year?? Whether u are competing or not...

Havin fun gettin fit,
Tiffany

WPDTiffany
01-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Hey y'all!! It's Tiffany in Tennessee!! I am getting more anxious to compete as the month of January flies by. I am 28 wks from Knox Classic and have already been contacted for sponsorship by an awesome organization. It's still a work in progress, soooooo as soon as it happens I'll let y'all know. And we are trying our hand in a cool business venture, fingers crossed. But 2012 should be a big ass year for us...at least that's the plan.

Im training back tonight! Gotta make it thick!!! And I'm gonna say it again, hopefully Rob will get some pics posted to the thread this weekend..

Have fun gettin fit, y'all!!!!
Tiffany

WPDTiffany
01-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Hey y'all!! I just started using HemoRage Black and love it!!!!!! Has anyone else ever used it??? I lift heavier and more reps with it, better than any other I've tried. And tastes good too

Cant wait to rip arms tonight!!!

GENESIS
01-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Huge fan of yours. Look forward to seeing the changes in your physique.

WPDTiffany
03-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Hey y'all!!! It's Tiffany time again! Lol!! Currently, I'm 2 days into my contest prep and feel great. I've lost some water weight pretty easily and am hoping that I can be down 10 lbs by the end of first 2 wks in. We have a great vision of what my team and I would like to bring to the stage in 2012 and hope it is pleasing to the judge, enough for a great placing.
Currently, I'm prepping for a local show, Battle at the River in Chattanooga, TN, which will be held on June 9. It'll be my first time competing in this show and I'm sure it will be a great experience. If qualification to National level show occurs at Chattanooga, then we will go to Chicago for Jr Nats the following week. If I dont qualify at Chatt, then I'll have to wait til August's Knox Classic in Knoxville or TN State in Nashville.
During this prep, I have been contacted by a supplement company and a clothing company for sponsorship opportunities. I feel so blessed to be approached by these companies and can't wait to see what is in store for us in 2012!
Everything is going smoothly and can only pray that the rest of the year is just as awesome! Have a super fun Tuesday...

Havin fun gettin fit!!
Tiffany

alainaravens
03-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Good luck hopefully see u at Jr Nationals :))

The Prodigy
03-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Welcome back girlie!

IslandGirl
04-01-2012, 03:03 AM
Hey Tiffany! Great to see you back and hitting it hard.

I'll be at Jr. Nats. Hope to see you then!

Best of luck with the sponsorship opportunities! That's great!

BBBD
06-16-2012, 07:35 PM
So here's the update...robs recovery from pectoral reconstruction surgery went so well that he competed 23 wks post-surgery and won his class (moved down to heavyweights) at the Battle at the River show in Chattanooga (6-9-12)!!! So proud of him!! He is undefeated (3-0) in heavyweight class. It takes a lot out of him to get that low, 225 lbs, but he always shows up dialed in!!!
I competed at the same show last weekend and won my class (short class WPD) and the overall title, too!!! It was such an emotional win. After I left the stage Rob was standing there, with tears in his eyes, and I just fell into his arms. We literally held one another crying tears of joy and love and pride.
The wins didn't stop there...we travelled with a wonderful couple, grest friends, from our gym (Christy and Brian). She won first in figure class A and he won first in Men's Physique Tall Class and the overall Men's Physique title, too (at his very first show)!!!!!! So, needless to say, it was a magical night that none of us will ever forget.
my next show is set for Nationals in Atlanta. I'm focusing on maintaining my weight at only 10 lbs out so prep is easier and not so long, drawn-out.
My sponsorship with Atomic Muscle supplements is going very well. They were actually attending the show I won and I was so happy to represent them so strong with the overall title.
Well, I think that is it for now ;). I'm sure I'll be back soon with more and more and more!!

BBBD
06-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Sorry, that last post was under robs sign in but should have been mine!!! WPDTiffany!!!! Lol. ;)

curvygirl
06-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Hiya Tiffany!
Congrats on your win! Woot Woot for WP Gals!

...It was such an emotional win. After I left the stage Rob was standing there, with tears in his eyes, and I just fell into his arms. We literally held one another crying tears of joy and love and pride.

Is it not awesome to be able to share each other's passion for this sport!?! I had a similar experience over this season with my Bossman! For me it was my novice year as an NPC competitor in WP. I won the overall at my first show & my class as the second show (edged for overall /:). Bossman overcame a bunch of challenges in 2011 to win his class at his first competition, and go on to "smash" the NPC Grand Rapids in May (winning Masters, Masters Overall, Heavy Open & Overall)! Getting to compete together at the same show & share the experience, emotions, low & highs really brought us closer together. I am one lucky Curvy Girl to have such a supportive partner!

So cheers to you! Keep on killing it this summer & wishing you a smashing success at the Nationals!
Peace!
Elise