PDA

View Full Version : DAVE...MD bashing the Keto Diet hard!

Big Tav
02-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi Dave, I read somewhere on here about the lengths SB is going to discredit the Keto diet but for christs sake I just got the March edition of MD (only one to go) and not only has the Keto Diet got a spot on the front cover but in the contents it is the ONLY topic that is highlighted and labelled CUTTING EDGE RESEARCH by Robbie Durand!

Great way to start things off!

The strange thing is that you and John are still in the mag at this time. Was this article (and spot on the cover) rushed in after you guys were fired?

Congrats on the site too BTW :)

Anssi Manninen
02-12-2009, 09:12 AM
That Durand article had NOTHING to do with "cutting edge research". As far as very-low-carb diet and muscle loss. check Volek et al. Strength and Conditioning Journal (in press)..not sure if its already published as epub ahead of print.. in the mean time you can read my commentary published in Nutrition & Metabolism:
http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/3/1/9

These are peer-reviewed scientific journals, not popular rags.

John Romano
02-12-2009, 09:47 AM
No matter how many "studies" they print over there, the fact remains that if you LOOK at either Blechman or Durand and then LOOK at Dave and me you can clearly see that one side practices what they preach. Oh, yeah, and then there is the 200 clients Dave prepped last year, 98% of whom - by their own admission - were in the best shape of their lives. MD is on a childish smear campaign to try and discredit Dave and his diet philosophy in order to harm to his business. I guess sinking ships don't like to go down alone. Here's a tip for Blechman and MD: how about spending your time working on a way to attract readers? So far, for the last 10 days you have been chasing them away.

Caleb56
02-12-2009, 09:52 AM
No matter how many "studies" they print over there, the fact remains that if you LOOK at either Blechman or Durand and then LOOK at Dave and me you can clearly see that one side practices what they preach. Oh, yeah, and then there is the 200 clients Dave prepped last year, 98% of whom - by their own admission - were in the best shape of their lives. MD is on a childish smear campaign to try and discredit Dave and his diet philosophy in order to harm to his business. I guess sinking ships don't like to go down alone. Here's a tip for Blechman and MD: how about spending your time working on a way to attract readers? So far, for the last 10 days you have been chasing them away.
Im still waiting for a new headline stating that Steve Blechman is mad because somebody impersonated him and is gonna sue. :rolleyes:

Nick Paladino
02-12-2009, 09:52 AM
well said John! I agree 110%!

Pascal Descamps
02-12-2009, 10:28 AM
No matter how many "studies" they print over there, the fact remains that if you LOOK at either Blechman or Durand and then LOOK at Dave and me you can clearly see that one side practices what they preach. Oh, yeah, and then there is the 200 clients Dave prepped last year, 98% of whom - by their own admission - were in the best shape of their lives.
I am just one of those guys that is trying to look good for his age (49)
I picked up KETO with Dave on jan 5th at fat 282lbs.
I followed his diet and cardio and today i weigh-in at encouraging 251lbs.
I feel good, not hungry, no bad temper .....
Just my 0,02
Whatever others say, this diet suits me very well.

Jeff The Producer
02-12-2009, 10:34 AM
That Durand article had NOTHING to do with "cutting edge research". As far as very-low-carb diet and muscle loss. check Volek et al. Strength and Conditioning Journal (in press)..not sure if its already published as epub ahead of print.. in the mean time you can read my commentary published in Nutrition & Metabolism:

Anssi, it's great to have you here to help bring more clarity to issues like this. Welcome!

Pierce88
02-12-2009, 10:41 AM
I wanted to try to keep mutual for this whole fight for the benefit of myself but when I've noticed how far they have gone at MD to bash dave and his diet is totally childish, and to boot DENNIS WOLF WILL NEVER GO NO CARBS AGAIN!

Big Tav
02-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Anssi, it's great to have you here to help bring more clarity to issues like this. Welcome!

Dave brings all the clarity we need!!!

WSTRAINER
02-12-2009, 08:08 PM

Anssi, i'm glad your here :). I always enjoy your work. Thank you

Frosty
02-12-2009, 09:01 PM

I agree with the muscle hydration thing and muscle loss. That is something I don't see discussed a lot.

If you go on a very low carb diet and train, you will lose muscle glycogen and the water that goes with it. So muscles do indeed "shrink." Is this technically muscle loss? Technically yes, but it's not muscle fiber size loss, just loss in sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, which can be regained within weeks if you add back in some PWO carbs and do more reps.

THUNDERGOD
02-12-2009, 09:29 PM
John said it best, there are over 200 athletes that can testify to how well the diet works and my wife is one of them.

THANK YOU DAVE PALUMBO!!!!!!!

chucksm00th
02-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Its funny how when someone works for you they are great and when they dont they arent credible anymore...MD will bash Dave only for the reason they are jealous of his success. FUCK MD

I will testify Daves diet works amazing...just check out my profile avatar I was Rippped to shredds

Frosty
02-17-2009, 02:16 PM
I will testify Daves diet works amazing...just check out my profile avatar I was Rippped to shredds

<---- Same here. Thanks to the Palumbo Diet.