PDA

View Full Version : about 18 weeks out....

snobum
12-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Ok, dropped over 100 pounds a couple year ago and have been working at doing a show since late summer of this year. Hope is to do one in mid April. Have about 7 wks left on my bulk. My current weight is about 153. I would like to compete in the bantam weight class and maybe masters 40 or novice. Age will be 42 on April 25th, height 5'7". These are my most current photos from about a week ago.

Scoobysnacks
12-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Congrats on losing 100 lbs thats great.

You said this is a bulking phase? You are only about 10 lbs above contest weight which is fine, but Im surprised given your past weight gain that you havent put on more muscle during your bulk??? Are afraid to eat enough?

In any event, 5'7" is very tall for bantam. My critique I guess is you need size everywhere.

For the moment your posing can at least be improved Id start there if you are dead set on competing soon.

Ss

snobum
12-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Congrats on losing 100 lbs thats great.

You said this is a bulking phase? You are only about 10 lbs above contest weight which is fine, but Im surprised given your past weight gain that you havent put on more muscle during your bulk??? Are afraid to eat enough?

In any event, 5'7" is very tall for bantam. My critique I guess is you need size everywhere.

For the moment your posing can at least be improved Id start there if you are dead set on competing soon.

Ss

Thanks for the input. Been overweight my whole lie until now so I do have a tendency to gain weight but not in muscle. I was around 142+/- prior to September. I went from eating around 2000 cal to 3000 now. I try to keep my breakdowns to under 20% total fat and protein at about 250+gr per day. I eat clean (eggs, oats, chicken, fish, salmon, broccoli, wild rice, etc but I do avoid red meat. No alcohol, no sweets or junk food. I'm also a realist and if I'm not ready by Spring I will hold off until I am. I have made some good gains over the last few months though. Hopefully, I put some more size on over the next 7 weeks before I start cutting.

tammyp
12-19-2011, 05:02 PM
agree w SS. you have come along way...good for you!

Scoobysnacks
12-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the input. Been overweight my whole lie until now so I do have a tendency to gain weight but not in muscle. I was around 142+/- prior to September. I went from eating around 2000 cal to 3000 now. I try to keep my breakdowns to under 20% total fat and protein at about 250+gr per day. I eat clean (eggs, oats, chicken, fish, salmon, broccoli, wild rice, etc but I do avoid red meat. No alcohol, no sweets or junk food. I'm also a realist and if I'm not ready by Spring I will hold off until I am. I have made some good gains over the last few months though. Hopefully, I put some more size on over the next 7 weeks before I start cutting.

3000 cals at your weight should be plenty to grow especially given your affinity to put on fat, so just stick with it. Adding muscle takes time. You wont change much in 7 week just FYI so if you want to compete do so, but you do need more muscle to be competitive.

Jude2
01-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Congrats on your weight loss. Can't see your pics.

snobum
01-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Congrats on your weight loss. Can't see your pics.

Looks like they vanished.....I'll post again. I agree with the others in that I need more size. I showed these to someone else that was pretty big in the bodybuilding world and was told I need larger lats and outer quads. I have put a little more size on in the last few weeks and still have another 4 weeks to build beforeI start cutting so I'm hoping.....