PDA

View Full Version : WPD or BB (light or Middle)

lgcanski
12-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Hi Judges!

Background:

Novice first show was June 2011
-Height 5'2"
- 39 years young
-Wt. 135 offseason, 117 in these shots (middleweight)
-Endomorph with a brutally slow metabolism
-All Natty my whole life, No diuretics this show (felt I was still to heavy to even bother) it may have brought me under 114.5 (lightweight) but I feel my legs/glutes too fat to compete with the lightweights. Who are shredded!
-Compete in Canada (non tested shows)
-Keto diet 16 weeks (with no fat days 11 weeks out) and Fat Load
-These photos are between AM and PM shows, sorry about the lighting

Currently:
-26 weeks out (building right now) Working on shoulder caps, back width, thickness, Hamstrings, tighter glutes (that's gonna take awhile, actually, It's all going to take time ;-).

Goal:
-I just want to compete, show progress and be in contention...I am willing to go to some lengths, but definitely not to the lengths of a Heavyweight FBB (though I respect and admire them deeply).

My questions/dilemma:

I have made some changes to my training and "supplements" this year. I am trying to bring more size to my upperbody. I would really like to compete as a Lightweight BB. I feel I do not have the size to compete as a middleweight. I would definitely be shrinking into the lightweight class instead of growing into it. YOUR THOUGHTS and OPINIONS.

Secondly, the whole WPD. AM I BB or WPD? I will train as a BB because soo much needs to come up, however, I'm now wondering if I would have a better chance in WPD? I think my legs are too big and no Y shape. YOUR THOUGHTS and OPINIONS.

My body has/is changing since these pics, I've included one offseason photo (the rest are just too brutal) so please base your opinions from these pics from June: Please be brutally honest... Thanks so much for your time.

tammyp
12-21-2011, 06:49 AM
i think you could add a bit to your frame and still make LW. you werent lean enough at 117.legs and butt need to be tighter. you could add a few lbs to upper body to fill out and i think you would do great as a LW.

Jude2
01-01-2012, 10:25 PM
I agree with Tammy, Lw BB for the win at your height.

lgcanski
06-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Update: Tammy and jude2..thank you. Came in as a lightweight at 111 lbs this year... Dieted harder and longer this time. Won the LW class now off to Cdn. Nationals in 7 weeks as a LW. I was told blocky waist by a judge. Any suggestions for the next 7 weeks or things I can improve from a judges standpoint ???.
123537123538123539123540123541 123542123543

Jude2
07-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Just WOW. You made great improvements. Congrats on your win. Keep doing what you have been doing for the next 7 weeks. Thanks for the update, we enjoy peoples success.

tammyp
07-02-2012, 05:23 AM
agreed..and be careful you dont get too stringy...

holyintellect
09-12-2012, 07:24 PM
MY LORD...big changes there...congrats on that!