PDA

View Full Version : Ladies, if you had your own mag...

esplendido
04-08-2009, 12:48 AM
....what would the content look like? Assume it would cover Fbbing, fitness, figure, and (yuck) bikini.

tammyp
04-08-2009, 05:59 AM
i think it would be a cross between old MD and oxygen.. hardcore but not so much that a non comp would get it.

workouts, contests, nutrtion, and some girly stuff( but not too much) recipes. interviews. and a beefcake centerfold!

Mr X
04-08-2009, 06:39 AM
....what would the content look like? Assume it would cover Fbbing, fitness, figure, and (yuck) bikini.

you Sir are crazy !

fitbody
04-08-2009, 09:11 AM
1/4 bodybuilding, 1/4 figure, 1/4 fitness, 1/4 bikini
even seven

fitbody
04-08-2009, 09:14 AM
....and (yuck) bikini.

i'm not against bikini
something for everyone
i got a 19 yr old front desk girl at the gym i work at who asked me about STERIODS THE OTHER DAY
she a stick girl
beautiful but super thin
she told me a month or so ago she wants to compete next yr in figure
when i read the night before last bikini is going to be implemented here in canada at the nationals in aug
yesterday when i went to work i told her
and she's gonna do it
rather see her do that than crank
and try to change her into something she's not
dawn

fitbody
04-08-2009, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=tammyp;166011]i think it would be a cross between old MD and oxygen.. hardcore but not so much that a non comp would get it.

it amazes me that Oxygen has about only 4 pages at the back of the mag of competition pics and of course none bodybuilding

now a mag that was good thatz unfortunately no longer in print in WOMENS PHYSIQUE WORLD !!!!!!!

GirlyMuscle
04-08-2009, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=tammyp;166011]i think it would be a cross between old MD and oxygen.. hardcore but not so much that a non comp would get it.

it amazes me that Oxygen has about only 4 pages at the back of the mag of competition pics and of course none bodybuilding

now a mag that was good thatz unfortunately no longer in print in WOMENS PHYSIQUE WORLD !!!!!!!I miss that magazine.

MsGuns
04-08-2009, 01:30 PM
even seven

contest info & results for all federations...
featured competitor for each division
articles
ads
Q & A section
contest to be featured on the front and back cover...

sassy69
04-08-2009, 01:46 PM
This is a really interesting question .. from a business case standpoint, you need a reasonably sized target audience to even make it worth your while for the cost of printing, distribution, advertising, etc. For the things I'd be interested in, I suspect this would not be a widely appealing product. Therefore I'd put it on the internet where the pockets of interested audience are more easily accessed because they are not geographically concentrated enough to justify distribution of a physical product. Further, w/ the online model, you have the abilty to leverage rich media as well as very interactive content. One thing I love about the physique world is that the pros are very accessible to the fans and the amateurs. This creates the opportunity for some very "personal" interaction between those audiences, as well as letting the amateurs themselves become 'celebrities' of a sort w/ online posting of activities, videos, etc.

I am ambivalent about what to do about bikini because there's so little about it that ties back to the rest of the categories... so I'm not sure how you appeal to all those audiences under the same umbrella. Unless Bikini and even figure had more to them than just modeling turns that would give us something more to talk about in terms of what they "are".

I think maybe a Beginner section might be the way to attract the newbs and a place to help dispell so many of the fitness & health myths & mysteries that sabotage the everyday girl and drive them towards BS & unsafe products for quicky fixes.

tammyp
04-08-2009, 03:15 PM
does anyome remember WE? womens exercise ? it was a round for like a year.

sweetjane57
04-09-2009, 01:22 AM
[quote=tammyp;166011]

Oxygen is the very reason I picked up a weight. I would have NEVER even knew/heard/seen about this sport had it not been for a copy my sis just happened to leave on the table. I picked it up one day and my life changed. That was the OLD OXYGEN though. NOW, it is geared more for the average "bikini" type. The same workouts, different models. The same diet/nutrition advice. The coverage has lessened. They do not have BB coverage. I stopped subscribing a few years ago.

sweetjane57
04-09-2009, 01:23 AM
articles
ads
Q & A section

even seven

workouts, contests, nutrtion, and some girly stuff( but not too much) recipes. interviews. and a beefcake centerfold!

good input:)

esplendido
04-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Something is in the works. It will be web based. And it will focus soley on women in BBing, fitness, figure, and bikini. It's going to be innovative in many ways. It's in the development stage right now....so input from YOU is important.

Skeptic
04-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Something is in the works. It will be web based. And it will focus soley on women in BBing, fitness, figure, and bikini. It's going to be innovative in many ways. It's in the development stage right now....so input from YOU is important.

Web based = win! Print is dead as a smelt.

Andersen
04-09-2009, 04:58 PM
I thought websites for this stuff was already being done?
I've always heard the women want print coverage and info.
Cause apparently the web only stuff isn't enough.

I say things are what they are for a reason.
The women's sports are destined to say as popular as they are , and no more so.
Which might not seem like much in the grand scheme but it is very important
to those who have interest in it.

Sledge
04-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Web based = win! Print is dead as a smelt.

You may be right but I still prefer print. Even web based magazines I print out and bind.

And lets face it the web is so full of crap because anyone can do it. A paper magazine has to make money so has to keep content current and interesting or it folds.

Skeptic
04-09-2009, 08:06 PM
And lets face it the web is so full of crap because anyone can do it. A paper magazine has to make money so has to keep content current and interesting or it folds.

A paper magazine will be forced to have endless ads from companies we know are lying aboot their new scientific breakthroughs.

SallyAnne
04-09-2009, 08:19 PM
i think it would be a cross between old MD and oxygen.. hardcore but not so much that a non comp would get it.

agreed.

fitbody
04-09-2009, 08:46 PM
articles
ads
Q & A section

:beerbang: yep yep yep
of 1/4 bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini

fitbody
04-09-2009, 08:50 PM
You may be right but I still prefer print. Even web based magazines I print out and bind.

:beerbang: wit ya on this totally !!!!!!!!
give me something i can hold !!!!!!
nothing takes the place of a hardcopy
and now i f___ed !!!
i won't buy MD anymore
oxygen is lame
there's not one good mag out there left
arrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhh
when is God gonna drop the dough on me ????

esplendido
04-09-2009, 09:56 PM
What if, like MD, it had a downloadable version that you could print out?

MsGuns
04-09-2009, 09:57 PM
:beerbang: yep yep yep
of 1/4 bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini

I could work w/ ya..smile

MsGuns
04-09-2009, 09:58 PM

i wanna be in it...smile

Sledge
04-09-2009, 10:11 PM
The magazines I buy each month

Hardcore Aussie Muscle
Renew
Ozbike
Ozbiker Nation
Earth Garden
Live to Ride
Owner Builder
Heavy Duty
the occasional US bike mag if something on the cover looks interesting.

Used to get MD $14 here

All up I spend about $100au a month on magazines I reckon. I spend nothing on web based stuff. I realy only visit 3 websites regularly in total. unless I'm looking for something specific and they are mostly one ofs

esplendido
04-09-2009, 11:20 PM
All good, but I'm asking the ladies, and last I saw, you've been pawning yourself off as a man recently;)

The magazines I buy each month

Hardcore Aussie Muscle
Renew
Ozbike
Ozbiker Nation
Earth Garden
Live to Ride
Owner Builder
Heavy Duty
the occasional US bike mag if something on the cover looks interesting.

Used to get MD $14 here

All up I spend about $100au a month on magazines I reckon. I spend nothing on web based stuff. I realy only visit 3 websites regularly in total. unless I'm looking for something specific and they are mostly one ofs

esplendido
04-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Beside contest coverage of most organizations, including nattie, having the usual diet/workout articles and regular competitor profile, there could be a regular Q&A with a gyno doc, fashion and makeup articles, classified section to buy, sell, trade posing suits, live video Q&A with top pro's, am's and officials, etc.

It will try to be a voice for female physique competitors as well as a home for any female weight training advocate. Of course there will be a forum. And the site will try to find ways to promote and sponsor female physique athletes.

The brainstorming continues, and the people behind it have 17 successful years of continued web info success.

MsGuns
04-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Beside contest coverage of most organizations, including nattie, having the usual diet/workout articles and regular competitor profile, there could be a regular Q&A with a gyno doc, fashion and makeup articles, classified section to buy, sell, trade posing suits, live video Q&A with top pro's, am's and officials, etc.

It will try to be a voice for female physique competitors as well as a home for any female weight training advocate. Of course there will be a forum. And the site will try to find ways to promote and sponsor female physique athletes.

The brainstorming continues, and the people behind it have 17 successful years of continued web info success.

Sounds good...Im game for sure

AnglicanBeachParty
04-11-2009, 08:42 AM
A paper magazine will be forced to have endless ads from companies we know are lying aboot their new scientific breakthroughs.

Women's Physique World had a very long and successful run without any such ads.