PDA

View Full Version : Metamorpho​sis: From Figure to Physique..​. This Chick Is On A Mission

foxieroxie007
12-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Howdy folks. I'm a huge lurker on this site, and I figure what better way to introduce myself, mingle with others, and track my journey all at the same time than just starting a journal. I see many familiar names here, so hi to those whom I've seen before. But for those whom I've never come across, here's a bit about me. :flowers:

My name is Roxie, I'm a born and raised Brooklyn girl living in a California world lol. I currectly reside in Los Angeles, love it. I started out in figure last year (2010). Had a pretty good run locally (Tournament of Champions - my 1st show - 2nd place, Eastern USA 3rd, Cali State 1st and 2nd overall to fabulous IFBB Pro Candice Lewis, Team U - DNP, Tournament of Champs 1st and Overall, Nats 15th out of 46). But as you can see Nationally I'm not doing too well because this girl's muscles are pretty round and full... I was really proud of what I brought to the stage all year and changed things dramatically as far as my look was concerned for each show. My worst was Team U, worked with a coach and had someone help me with posing. Neither was the wise decision for me, so I'm back to training on my own where I feel I thrive better on anyways. So after seeing physique and watching some friends turn pro, and realizing my body was better suited for that division, I decided to jump ship immediately after Nats. So now, my whole focus is on hopefully qualifying for WPD on the National level and to just have fun.

I'm actually so happy to be making the switch. Training for figure started really pissing me off. Training increasingly became a matter of how much smaller can I get. My favorite looks this year were the Cals and Nats. In the beginning my training was a mix of functional training, strength training, had power through work on the track and Oly lifts. By the end, I was doing super high volumes (full body circuits of 300, 500, and 1000 reps for the entire circuit), no cardio - the high vol circuits took care of that, and dieting to strip muscle. I hated it and really questioned what my next step should be. So I just said F it at one point mid prep for Nats, and just let my body do what it do. But after I realized what had to be done. It was a no brainer... Move into physique. Now my training is back to where it was, and I finally feel free again to TRAIN. I feel amazing being able to workout and not worry about getting too big. I can eat and diet for optimal health AND aesthetic gains/improvements again and THAT is so freeing.

So as it stands, my current stats are 5'7, 145 lbs, off season currently. And I'm actually in NYC right now and don't have my scale. I was about 143.2 when I left LA, but with all the eating, I wouldn't be surprised if I was in fact up to 145 which was my goal anyway. I start prepping next week for my season which begins with the NPC Amateur Grand Prix immediately followed by the Emerald Cup. I hope to do Jr. Nats, but I guess we'll have to see if I'm good enough this year to qualify. Whatever the case, hell I'm ready to rock this ish. Before leaving LA, I took some photos just because I'm sorta obsessed with progress photos and I track everything in my training. I've been trying to practice mandatories so here are a few pics of me so far.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Dec192011_1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Dec192011_2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Dec192011_3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Dec192011_5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Dec192011_4.jpg

I'm still figuring out what looks best on me. I need to keep working on the posing cause I look crazy I know lol. And i have other variations I have been working on over the last week that I will shoot and share for critique. I also was playing around in the gym some time last week and working on a possible posing routine for prejudging if needed - for the national level, I don't think I have to have one for local/state/etc. No music, added a little bit of "me", it's in no way set, I was just f'ckn around and came up with this in about 10 mins.

Egdlo2uO54E

Sometimes I like it, sometimes I hate it, but lol I try to keep objective when dealing with myself, so I'm not judging myself only trying to tweak and improve and grow. My night routine is done. I love that one! But I won't show that one til a little later.

So anyways, my journal will probably be just me logging training, posting pics and vids, and sharing thoughts about my progress unbiased and unfiltered. I really just want to be able to document this whole huge change for me, and hopefully share with others who are doing the same. Right now, I'm so excited to start my prep. Next week can't come soon enough.

So anyways, that's me. I'm looking forward to being more active over here, I really enjoy reading the RX forums, and like I said, it's def high time I start coming out of the shell a bit. :yep:

Oh below are some pics from me on stage at various points this season.
(first 2 - California State, 2nd 2 - Tournament of Champions, 3rd 3 - Nationals)

KrisLynn
12-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Roxie, I was chillen backstage at the Cali show, right next to your go getter behind. My first show, scared the crap out of me and you Miss Thang were so impressive. You had your game face on and were in da zone!! I respected it BIG time!!

You girl are meant to be in this and I am stoked your taken it to the next level!! I'll keep an eye out for ya and your debut!!

KICKAZZ Sista! ;)

katertot
12-29-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm in :) I've seen some of your YouTube videos. You are fabulous!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

foxieroxie007
12-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Roxie, I was chillen backstage at the Cali show, right next to your go getter behind. My first show, scared the crap out of me and you Miss Thang were so impressive. You had your game face on and were in da zone!! I respected it BIG time!!

You girl are meant to be in this and I am stoked your taken it to the next level!! I'll keep an eye out for ya and your debut!!

KICKAZZ Sista! ;)

LOL hey girl, fancy seeing you here. Thanks much :flowers:. That was a fun show, I love Jon's shows. That was a good one for a first so congrats on that! I'm a little nervous and excited at the same time about all of this. But oh well, time to pull that ball cap down real low and dig in.

The Prodigy
12-29-2011, 01:00 PM
I am here for the journey! Can't wait to see you transform!:yep:

foxieroxie007
12-29-2011, 02:18 PM
:yep: thanks a bunch Gail. :)

Totally off topic, I love that little crazy lookin smiley, lol. :yep:

KBigz81
12-29-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm in! Can't wait to see the transformation!

mcstrick
12-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Hi Roxie, I met ya on fb and seen your workout videos you have posted. I like the trx workout...I just got a trx and I love it. great to see you here.I just started my journal also. Good luck on your transformation to the physique division in 2012. I'm doing the Cal and West Coast Classic..I may see ya at Nationals after that. take care:yep:

foxieroxie007
01-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Hi Roxie, I met ya on fb and seen your workout videos you have posted. I like the trx workout...I just got a trx and I love it. great to see you here.I just started my journal also. Good luck on your transformation to the physique division in 2012. I'm doing the Cal and West Coast Classic..I may see ya at Nationals after that. take care:yep:

Hey girl! Nice to see ya here! Happy New Year! I absolutely love my TRX. Definitely going to be a part of my training this year.

I'm sure we will def see each other at some point on the stage! ;)

I'm in :) I've seen some of your YouTube videos. You are fabulous!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much girl! I seemed to miss your post! Thanks for checking out my crazy videos lol.

I'm in! Can't wait to see the transformation!

Thanks! And welcome aboard!

foxieroxie007
01-01-2012, 04:55 PM
It's that time of year again folks. Prep time!

NYC was amazing. Went home, chilled with fam, ATE LIKE A FREAKIN PIG! Chinese food (twice), Thai food, pizza, hot chocolate (VENTI) galore, Trinidadian Roti, home holiday cooking. Then before I left, the fam and I went to Red Lobster and I had a bazillion cheddar bay biscuits (:drool3:), and the ULTIMATE FEAST platter!! I killed all of my cravings. ALL OF THEM. And I apparently walked away unscathed...

As of this morning I am 143.6 lbs. :)

I hit the gym twice. Just did weights, no cardio.

Ok so here we go, enough of the boringness of what my life is outside of the gym. Let's get to the nitty gritty. Here's where the starting numbers are:

143.6 lbs
B - 37.75
W - 27.5
N - 28.5
H - 37
Bt - 38

Hey whattayaknow! I have an hourglass figure. 10in difference btw my bust/waist/hips.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Jan1_2012_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Jan1_2012_FDB_BDB.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Jan1_2012_FC_ST.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Jan1_2012_AT.jpg

I'm working on my diet today, so I'll be officially starting it up tomorrow full swing. I will also post my workouts as well. I'm about 14w 6d out from my first show. I like to diet slowly and give myself time to drop in. Plus this will give me plenty of time to be ready about 2-3 weeks out from the show, so then it's a matter of sailing in. Very excited. And ready to rock this year! I've got a lot of work ahead, but I'm determined to just do my best and stay focused. Each year I feel like I grow more and more as a competitor. And for the first time in a long while, I feel like I'm on the right path. It's certainly a good place to be in.

Still working on the posing. My right shoulder keeps creeping higher then the left... Ugh!

shankuan
01-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Welcome to Rx girl! All the best for your prep. I'll be following.

foxieroxie007
01-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks girl. I'm excited to get things up and poppin! :lift:

BeccaStaggs
01-01-2012, 06:03 PM
I can't promise I will follow faithfully, (seeing as how I dint keep up with any journals like I should) but I thought I would .POP in and say hi. :flowers:
I'm so glad not to be dieting... Lol. I had roti for Christmas too! Glad you were able to go home and enjoy the family time and good eats.
Sent from my Android HD using Tapatalk

foxieroxie007
01-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Beccaaaa! :hmn: Heya chick, no worries, we're up on it on SC anyways. I dig this place so I figure, eh why not start actually contributing instead of being a leech lol.

Welcome! Lucky bitch, you can have MORE BREAD when you feel like it, lol. I posted on Lauren's wall about how when I was at Red Lobster this weekend and requested about 4 baskets of bread (cause I ate a majority of it myself hehe).

The Prodigy
01-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Looking good girl! Excited to see your transformation and journey to the stage!

Sunnyday
01-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Hey Roxie! Great to have you here! Looking forward to seeing some killer WOs! Subscribed!! :D

Bronwyn
01-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Looking great. I see WP is a great class as so many girls are heading to that now :)
And you are blessed with the V shape. :) Good luck.

foxieroxie007
01-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Looking good girl! Excited to see your transformation and journey to the stage!

Thanks Gail, lol I swear I feel sometimes like I'm just taking a shot in the dark and hoping I hit the mark lol. I think my trepedations will subside once the first pro show hits! lol

Hey Roxie! Great to have you here! Looking forward to seeing some killer WOs! Subscribed!! :D

Thanks chica! LOL, one thing I love about prepping is being able to step it up and shock my damn self in the gym! Wouldn't have it any other way.

Looking great. I see WP is a great class as so many girls are heading to that now :)
And you are blessed with the V shape. :) Good luck.

I know, I absolutely LOVE this new division. When I look at the competitors they have the type of bodies that I aspire to, and what got me excited about the sport back in the mid/late 90s.

That V taper came after about 2 years of just really building and pounding the back/shoulders. I really lacked in those areas when I first started training for the stage. So thanks girl for noticing! The work has paid off!

----------------

Wow I'm suprised how anxious and excited I am to hit the gym today and start dieting! :excited: I mean who gets HAPPY to be dieting. I'm just excited to see what's hiding beneath my fluff. I had my last forbidden meal yesterday. Shrimp spicey noodles, beef green curry w/ rice, and a spring roll. Loooove Thai food! :drool: Alas, no more of that for a little while.

So I woke up at like 5am, and started randomly cleaning my bedroom. And then I watched crime scene docu-dramas that I'm so obsessed with on the ID channel. So now I'm about to hit the gym in a few hours. My food is all cooked and ready to go! I cooked and stored everything for the week last night. I like to designate Sundays as my day to do all of that. I need to really get a new cooler to store my foods in for the day. I have a nice one, but it's a little on the big side as I use it for traveling. I'll just hop on by Walmart or Target today and pick one up.

So as for my diet, I'm going to carb cycle as I prefer to keep carbs in especially since I prefer higher intensity crazy athletic workouts. I start on the lower side earlier in the week (@ 90g), then I have a super low day (@50g), I refeed Thurs (@300g), then Fri-Sun I taper down a bit but keep it relatively constant (@120-130g). For the most part, protein stays constant @ 1xBW, some days I will have just a little more (like on the super low carb days), and fats vary to keep calories up so for now it's a little on the moderate side. On most days it's btw 50-60g depending on the pro/carbs, and on my refeed day I prefer to keep the fats super low so it's about 29g. I'll adjust the amount as I see how my body responds.

Supps are:
Gaspari Myofusion
Gaspari SuperPump Max (I love this PWO, keeps the energy up)
1200mg Fish Oil - I take about 6g/day
Multi-Vitamin
B-Complex - I've always taken B vitamins because I just feel more energized during my day and for the host of other benefits from them
Gaspari SizeOn Precontest (on my refeed days and the 2-3 days after that)
I'm natty in case you were wondering.

I'm being pretty moderate because I don't like making crazy sudden changes, I want to have energy to train my ass off (I'd rather eat more and be able to train harder - hence create a greater deficit from training), and I will just adjust as my body responds. I'm running roughly about a 20% deficit calorically from maintenance. Training is 5 days. First 2 days depletion workouts (high volume - moderate weights - minimal rest), 3rd day is rest w/ 40 mins SS cardio, Thurs/Fri/Sat heavy/low volume and power, Sunday rest. I have one day of HIIT cardio PWO for 20 mins. So that's just one hour of cardio/week. :awesome: I'm going to get back in the hills with my SS cardio and run. I miss running, and the break from it was needed. The trails are calling me.

So that's the plan for weeks 1 and 2.

I'll post up my workout later today!

Sunnyday
01-02-2012, 02:20 PM
^Niiiiiccccce! Just reading this got me super motivated! ;)

mcstrick
01-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Thanks Gail, lol I swear I feel sometimes like I'm just taking a shot in the dark and hoping I hit the mark lol. I think my trepedations will subside once the first pro show hits! lol

Thanks chica! LOL, one thing I love about prepping is being able to step it up and shock my damn self in the gym! Wouldn't have it any other way.

I know, I absolutely LOVE this new division. When I look at the competitors they have the type of bodies that I aspire to, and what got me excited about the sport back in the mid/late 90s.

That V taper came after about 2 years of just really building and pounding the back/shoulders. I really lacked in those areas when I first started training for the stage. So thanks girl for noticing! The work has paid off!

----------------

Wow I'm suprised how anxious and excited I am to hit the gym today and start dieting! :excited: I mean who gets HAPPY to be dieting. I'm just excited to see what's hiding beneath my fluff. I had my last forbidden meal yesterday. Shrimp spicey noodles, beef green curry w/ rice, and a spring roll. Loooove Thai food! :drool: Alas, no more of that for a little while.

So I woke up at like 5am, and started randomly cleaning my bedroom. And then I watched crime scene docu-dramas that I'm so obsessed with on the ID channel. So now I'm about to hit the gym in a few hours. My food is all cooked and ready to go! I cooked and stored everything for the week last night. I like to designate Sundays as my day to do all of that. I need to really get a new cooler to store my foods in for the day. I have a nice one, but it's a little on the big side as I use it for traveling. I'll just hop on by Walmart or Target today and pick one up.

So as for my diet, I'm going to carb cycle as I prefer to keep carbs in especially since I prefer higher intensity crazy athletic workouts. I start on the lower side earlier in the week (@ 90g), then I have a super low day (@50g), I refeed Thurs (@300g), then Fri-Sun I taper down a bit but keep it relatively constant (@120-130g). For the most part, protein stays constant @ 1xBW, some days I will have just a little more (like on the super low carb days), and fats vary to keep calories up so for now it's a little on the moderate side. On most days it's btw 50-60g depending on the pro/carbs, and on my refeed day I prefer to keep the fats super low so it's about 29g. I'll adjust the amount as I see how my body responds.

Supps are:
Gaspari Myofusion
Gaspari SuperPump Max (I love this PWO, keeps the energy up)
1200mg Fish Oil - I take about 6g/day
Multi-Vitamin
B-Complex - I've always taken B vitamins because I just feel more energized during my day and for the host of other benefits from them
Gaspari SizeOn Precontest (on my refeed days and the 2-3 days after that)
I'm natty in case you were wondering.

I'm being pretty moderate because I don't like making crazy sudden changes, I want to have energy to train my ass off (I'd rather eat more and be able to train harder - hence create a greater deficit from training), and I will just adjust as my body responds. I'm running roughly about a 20% deficit calorically from maintenance. Training is 5 days. First 2 days depletion workouts (high volume - moderate weights - minimal rest), 3rd day is rest w/ 40 mins SS cardio, Thurs/Fri/Sat heavy/low volume and power, Sunday rest. I have one day of HIIT cardio PWO for 20 mins. So that's just one hour of cardio/week. :awesome: I'm going to get back in the hills with my SS cardio and run. I miss running, and the break from it was needed. The trails are calling me.

So that's the plan for weeks 1 and 2.

I'll post up my workout later today!

Wow, your motivation inspires me:yep:! I'm working on getting that v taper...trying to go as hard as I can working lats and shoulders. Your progress pics look great..will be following your progress...

katt981
01-02-2012, 05:06 PM
subscribed! :yep: Love Love Gaspari Super Pump... but after about a week of taking it, it doesn't love me back :no: so I have to go back to the old standby No Xplode...

We go to the Emerald every year as spectators, it's the closest 'good' competition to home.

You like LA? My daughter lives there and I just go to visit, but i could TOTALLY live there. Love it!

foxieroxie007
01-04-2012, 12:46 AM
^Niiiiiccccce! Just reading this got me super motivated! ;)

Yesss girl, I hope you KILLED your workout!

Wow, your motivation inspires me:yep:! I'm working on getting that v taper...trying to go as hard as I can working lats and shoulders. Your progress pics look great..will be following your progress...

Thanks so much! Yeah I've been pounding the hell out of my back/shoulders for some time now. So they've really filled out. What I started to realize as I've gotten into WPD mode is that now I really need to bring some size to my tri's and bi's. I really didn't focus on arms too much because in figure you really don't need to, but WPD is a whole different ball game. I need to have some SICK bicep peaks, and poppin tri's. So now that's the next frontier!

subscribed! :yep: Love Love Gaspari Super Pump... but after about a week of taking it, it doesn't love me back :no: so I have to go back to the old standby No Xplode...

We go to the Emerald every year as spectators, it's the closest 'good' competition to home.

You like LA? My daughter lives there and I just go to visit, but i could TOTALLY live there. Love it!

Yeah Super Pump is my stuff! I don't use it all the time. Just on days where I feel I need an extra boost. That's normally on days where I am depleting carbs, especially as I get mid week and I'm DYING . I like to throw in some extra BCAA as well in there and have that pre-WO and during.

I'm pretty much set on hitting the Emerald Cup! I decided that I wanted to do it last year for 2012, but as figure. But since the plan changed, I'm so happy that they will be having WPD and I want to be a part of that.

I absolutely LOVE LA! It definitely feels like home now.

----------------

Been a busy lady over here! So my worked yesterday KICKED MY ASS! MA.JOR.LY! Total body circuit, high volume, minimal rest, what I call a "hustle workout." Basically my goal is depletion, yeah, I think mission accomplished. Here's what went down:

Total Body Delpetion Circuit Day One
5 mins warm up on cardio machine (low intensity) followed by some dynamic stretches and foam rolling.

So the following was 25 reps each, 3 sets. No rest btw exercises if I could stand it, 20-30 secs if I couldn't. 2-3 mins btw actual circuits (I normally cut it down though once I start getting acclimated, but again "taking it 'easy'". LOL.

Cable Squat Row - 30#
DB Push Press - 20# (dropped to 15#)
Lateral Hops Over Bench - BW
SB Chest Press - 20#
Renegade Rows - 15#
RDL to Toes - Oly Bar

The weights are crap light for now due to the volume. But trust me, it was KILLER. Tempo was about 2/0/1/0. So I wasn't just banging out the sets. By the time I got to the last rep of each of the sets I was D-O-N-E! Buuuurrrrnnn! It took about 40 mins to complete, and I was DRENCHED! F'KN LOVE THAT!

Today was depletion day two, total body, what I call a "Vanilla" workout. Your traditional stength stuff, nothin fancy. Just burning up glycogen.

Total Body - Depletion Workout 2 "Vanilla"

Flat DB Chest Press
S1 - 15# 25r
S2 - 20# 25r
S3 and 4 - 20# 20 r
--freakin burned like hell--

Seated Cable Row
S1 - 50# 25r
S2 - 60# 20r
S3 and 4 - 70# 20r

Oly Bar Squat
S1 45# 25r
S2 55# 25r
S3 65# 20r
S4 75# 20r

Seated Lat Pull Down
S1 - 50# 25r
S2 - Super wide grip - 50# 25r
S3 - 60# 20r

Seated BB Military Press
3s x 25r 25#
-- Burned like HELL --

DB Bi Curl
S1 10# 20r
S2 15# 15r

Rope Tri Ext
S1 40# 25r
S2 40# 20r
--- Burned like HELL --

DB Lateral Raise
S1 - 10# 20r
S2 - 10# 15r
-- Shoulders crapped out... Burned like HELL ---

Monster PUMP! I mean I feel really damn embarassed posting all these light weights, but hey look it is what it is. Gotta drop that ego so my body can do what it do.

After this workout, I spent about 15 mins on the treadmill doing wind sprints on an incline. So I did about 30s at speeds of 8.0-9.0 uphill to about 7% grade incline. Fun times.

----

Feeling great.

This evening I went back to the gym simply out of bordem and to meet with some friends for a bit. I ended up doing some unplanned stuff. Hit some new PR's.

RDL
Singles (3 Sets) - 245# - PR
Tripes (2 sets) - 225#
6 reps (2 sets) - 185#

Lat Pull Down
Doubles (2 sets) 135# - PR

LOVE rockin it in the gym. Love it when guys look at you like "Say what now!? Daaaamn" when you lift a weight as heavy as some of them. How amazing is it to be a chick who is strong as a mofo.

Rest day tomorrow! Scheduled for an outdoor run in the hills. Tomorrow it's going to be in the 70's, perfect day for an outdoor trek.

KrisLynn
01-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Girl your journal is full of... UMPH!! Mine is just.... blah.... but not much changes, etc my emotions... and thats not always good to document!! LOL...

LIVE IT, LOVE IT, OWN IT GIRL!!! Keep Kickin Azz... with Vanilla on it!! ;)

Bronwyn
01-04-2012, 10:10 AM
90teis - that is exactly my time too - I loved FBB back than the most. I would like to see WP become a reborn of those times :) and I think many girls hope so too - I see many people see that times as the absolute top of the sport.

BTW: nice PRs - deadlifts are nice Nr.!

Sunnyday
01-04-2012, 02:25 PM

Thanks so much! Yeah I've been pounding the hell out of my back/shoulders for some time now. So they've really filled out. What I started to realize as I've gotten into WPD mode is that now I really need to bring some size to my tri's and bi's. I really didn't focus on arms too much because in figure you really don't need to, but WPD is a whole different ball game. I need to have some SICK bicep peaks, and poppin tri's. So now that's the next frontier!

Yeah Super Pump is my stuff! I don't use it all the time. Just on days where I feel I need an extra boost. That's normally on days where I am depleting carbs, especially as I get mid week and I'm DYING . I like to throw in some extra BCAA as well in there and have that pre-WO and during.

I'm pretty much set on hitting the Emerald Cup! I decided that I wanted to do it last year for 2012, but as figure. But since the plan changed, I'm so happy that they will be having WPD and I want to be a part of that.

----------------

Been a busy lady over here! So my worked yesterday KICKED MY ASS! MA.JOR.LY! Total body circuit, high volume, minimal rest, what I call a "hustle workout." Basically my goal is depletion, yeah, I think mission accomplished. Here's what went down:

5 mins warm up on cardio machine (low intensity) followed by some dynamic stretches and foam rolling.

So the following was 25 reps each, 3 sets. No rest btw exercises if I could stand it, 20-30 secs if I couldn't. 2-3 mins btw actual circuits (I normally cut it down though once I start getting acclimated, but again "taking it 'easy'". LOL.

Cable Squat Row - 30#
SB Chest Press - 20#
Renegade Rows - 15#
RDL to Toes - Oly Bar

The weights are crap light for now due to the volume. But trust me, it was KILLER. Tempo was about 2/0/1/0. So I wasn't just banging out the sets. By the time I got to the last rep of each of the sets I was D-O-N-E! Buuuurrrrnnn! It took about 40 mins to complete, and I was DRENCHED! F'KN LOVE THAT!

Today was depletion day two, total body, what I call a "Vanilla" workout. Your traditional stength stuff, nothin fancy. Just burning up glycogen.

Flat DB Chest Press
S1 - 15# 25r
S2 - 20# 25r
S3 and 4 - 20# 20 r

Seated Cable Row
S1 - 50# 25r
S2 - 60# 20r
S3 and 4 - 70# 20r

Oly Bar Squat
S1 45# 25r
S2 55# 25r
S3 65# 20r
S4 75# 20r

Seated Lat Pull Down
S1 - 50# 25r
S3 - 60# 20r

Seated BB Military Press
3s x 25r 25#
-- Burned like HELL --

DB Bi Curl
S1 10# 20r
S2 15# 15r

Rope Tri Ext
S1 40# 25r
S2 40# 20r
--- Burned like HELL --

DB Lateral Raise
S1 - 10# 20r
S2 - 10# 15r

Monster PUMP! I mean I feel really damn embarassed posting all these light weights, but hey look it is what it is. Gotta drop that ego so my body can do what it do.

After this workout, I spent about 15 mins on the treadmill doing wind sprints on an incline. So I did about 30s at speeds of 8.0-9.0 uphill to about 7% grade incline. Fun times.

----

Feeling great.

This evening I went back to the gym simply out of bordem and to meet with some friends for a bit. I ended up doing some unplanned stuff. Hit some new PR's.

RDL
Tripes (2 sets) - 225#
6 reps (2 sets) - 185#

Lat Pull Down

LOVE rockin it in the gym. Love it when guys look at you like "Say what now!? Daaaamn" when you lift a weight as heavy as some of them. How amazing is it to be a chick who is strong as a mofo.

Rest day tomorrow! Scheduled for an outdoor run in the hills. Tomorrow it's going to be in the 70's, perfect day for an outdoor trek.

^That there is one butt-kicking pair of WOs, girl! Repped!! I'm mega-impressed and inspired by that! You got me totally fired up to kill it in the gym tomorrow! Keep it up!!

stephaniewilles
01-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Ok Lady!!! Wow, impressive stuff here!!

Great reading!!!:yep:

Keep up with that great amount of energy and motivation!!! What a great feeling!!

foxieroxie007
01-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Thanks y'all! My body is responding very well, and so damn quickly.

I have a nice refeed day tomorrow as well as a heavy lifting day. I'll try to post up some clips tomorrow.

Today was rest, recovery, a little sauna/jacuzzi spoiling and lots of stretching. Ready to hit it hard though.

More or less ready to hit that refeed. :drool: :yep:

TGandsey
01-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Hey there just wanted to let you know I'm following your journal!! I plan on competing at the emerald cup as well in figure!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

foxieroxie007
01-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Hey there just wanted to let you know I'm following your journal!! I plan on competing at the emerald cup as well in figure!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Awesome! Hopefully we'll see each other. I've already purchased my plane ticket.

------

Ok mid-day check in. As of this morning... 3lbs down! :yep: 140.6. I was a little shocked and happy of course, didn't expect it to be as much. Nice. Refeed is in FULL effect.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
Sushi
Pasta
Fat Free Fro-Yo (Chocolate Fudge Brownie - Ben & Jerry's)

This is a WELCOMED event as yesterday I was so damn hungry I was ready to eat my fist! :drool:

Well needless to say, I'm a little watery even right now... So we'll be counting down the days to see how the refeed went. Here are a few shots:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Jan5_12-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Jan5_12-3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Jan5_12-1.jpg

I'm off to the gym in about an hour to POUND THE HELL OUT OF MY BACK AND CHEST! I'll be hitting some rack pulls, which I love. The other day from the single DLs I got a nice BLISTER under a callous! lol I've arrived! I went gloveless, but I shall have my gloves today. And I bought a pair of lifting hooks too. An impulse buy, let's see how this works.

Sunnyday
01-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Progress pics look great! Congrats on the initial drop on the scale...those are always so motivating.

KrisLynn
01-05-2012, 08:35 PM
KNUCKLEBUMP Girl, keep killin it !!! ;)

mcstrick
01-06-2012, 01:09 AM

----------------

Cable Squat Row - 30#
SB Chest Press - 20#
Renegade Rows - 15#
RDL to Toes - Oly Bar

Flat DB Chest Press
S1 - 15# 25r
S2 - 20# 25r
S3 and 4 - 20# 20 r

Seated Cable Row
S1 - 50# 25r
S2 - 60# 20r
S3 and 4 - 70# 20r

Oly Bar Squat
S1 45# 25r
S2 55# 25r
S3 65# 20r
S4 75# 20r

Seated Lat Pull Down
S1 - 50# 25r
S3 - 60# 20r

Seated BB Military Press
3s x 25r 25#
-- Burned like HELL --

DB Bi Curl
S1 10# 20r
S2 15# 15r

Rope Tri Ext
S1 40# 25r
S2 40# 20r
--- Burned like HELL --

DB Lateral Raise
S1 - 10# 20r
S2 - 10# 15r

----

Feeling great.

RDL
Tripes (2 sets) - 225#
6 reps (2 sets) - 185#

Lat Pull Down

Hey there, my coach gave me a similar circuit workout..I had to finish in 45 minutes and had 0 - 15 sec rest in between sets. the weights were light and reps were high..at first I thought this was going to be too easy ..but even with light weights, the number of reps plus no rest in between kicked my butt for real..now I'm back on heavy weights and isolation. got a horrible cough and feeling under the weather so I'm hoping to get back to full strength soon..

foxieroxie007
01-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Progress pics look great! Congrats on the initial drop on the scale...those are always so motivating.

Yep yep, stayin par for the course!

KNUCKLEBUMP Girl, keep killin it !!! ;)

:headbang:

Hey there, my coach gave me a similar circuit workout..I had to finish in 45 minutes and had 0 - 15 sec rest in between sets. the weights were light and reps were high..at first I thought this was going to be too easy ..but even with light weights, the number of reps plus no rest in between kicked my butt for real..now I'm back on heavy weights and isolation. got a horrible cough and feeling under the weather so I'm hoping to get back to full strength soon..

Yeah I do both types of training during the week. Start off with the high volume stuff, then by end of the week heavy/low volume and power training. Either way, as long as it's kickin my ass I'm totally happy!

-----------

Oooook! So, I went MIA for a few days because it got really busy in my neck of the woods, and pretty much I've been just conking out around 9pm only to wake the next morning at either 5 or 6am. And it's always so funny because I'll get in bed, slip under the covers, and totally have the intention of watching whatever program is on tv that I like. But within a few minutes, I'M KNOCKED OUT! And I don't even remember falling asleep, I get pass out. lol I guess my body needed it. But I'm feeling good as of late.

So the last time I left off, I was talking about my refeed day. I began the day at 140.6 lbs, I ended it at 142 lbs by Friday AM. I had a glass of wine on Friday night with a friend as we ranted about some drama plus I still keep carbs a little higher on Friday (drop it to half of Thursdays intake), so I was around 142.6 on Saturday. Sunday AM, back down to 142. So it's slowly dropping off. Nice! I'm nice and full today, and my abs are starting to come back in, legs are coming in too. I'll do some progress photos tomorrow.

Anyways as for my refeed selection...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/foodporn.jpg

I like to get a mix of good stuff and junky stuff. Helps in killing of the cravings, satisfies the sweet tooth, and makes this process not so crazy that it feels like death. So for me, most of the carbs I choose will be good stuff (for a refeed) like white rice, mashed potatoes (no butter), white pasta. Then I like to also have my pancakes or sugary cereal, those pancakes of course would have some syrup on it (love pure maple syrup actually), and gotta have either fat free ice cream or frozen yogurt. And some way or another rice crispy treats or my new fav Cocoa Pebbles Treats will find their way into the mix too but to a smaller degree. And I also love having Sushi on my refeed days as well! Uuuggh I freakin LOVE sushi.

So for this week's selection, this is what my refeed carbs were:

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/cinnatost.jpg

Spaghetti w/ Tomato Based Pasta Sauce
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/pastachick.jpg

Sushi! - (Rice wrapped with Tuna Sashimi, topped w/ Spicy Shrimp - but I asked the chef to skip the mayo they use to make the spicy sauce) They huge rolls, I had 2 of them!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/donutroll.jpg

Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Fro Yo
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/bjfroyo.jpg

I was so stuffed by the end of the day, but it felt amazing. I normally like to push my workouts to the evening on my refeed days, just a personal preference. Plus the eye candy at the gym is so much hotter at night. :rdstrongman:

My work that day is always heavy! So here's what went down in the jungle:

Rack Pulls (freakin LOVE!)
3 Warm Up Sets
S1 - 185# x 6r
S2 - 205# x 6r
S3 - 225# Triples
S4 and S5 - 245# Doubles (lost grip on 2nd round)
S6 - 245# Single - FRIED AFTER THIS! But new PR for my rack
**Used hooks as my grip still needs some work for these heavier lifts. I take anywhere between 3-5 mins between sets with the heavier lifts, so this normall takes me a while.

Incline Bench Press
2 Warm Up Sets
S1 - 65# 12r
S2 - 75# 10r
S3 and 4 - 80# 6r
New PR for me - I'm just now starting to really focus on going into the lower rep range for chest now that it's a bigger factor as far as size and shape is concerned with WPD (side chest pose). Before I'd go heavy, but not in the super low rep ranges, so just factoring in some new things to see how my body responds.

Assisted Pull Ups
S1 and 2 - 78# of my own BW x 8r - Wide Grip
S3 and 4 - 78# of my own BW x 10r - Narrow Grip (palms facing each other)

Machine Chest Fly
S1 - 40# 12r
S2 - 45# 10r
S3 - 50# - 8r

Friday skipped my workout because I was just having a really bad day. It KILLED my mood and my attempt to workout was an EPIC fail.
Yesterday did a workout set up called Chippers (some call it Ladders). It was a power day, and I wanted one of the guys at the gym where I train my clients (and do my own power based workouts at) to check my form on my Olympic Lifts and just make sure I was doing certain things right. He's an awesome strength and conditioning coach, pretty bad ass actually and has my respect. So we went over those things and worked the oly bars, then we put together a workout. All power based with some Oly lifts mixed in using various modalities. So some things were barbell, some sandbag, some med ball, some kettlebell. We also threw in some TRX and bodyweight stuff.

The workout starts with an exercise done for 100r. Now it doesn't have to be in a row, but you get in as many as you can until you can't do anymore, stop for a min to recover, then dive right in and finish till you hit 100r. Then the next exercise, same thing, but this time 90r. Then the next 80, then 70, then so on and so forth until you get down to the last exercise that's peformed for 10r. As you go lower in reps, the exercise gets progressively harder as you do the most difficult exercise w/ the least reps. It took about an hour to complete but it was freakin KILLER! I was drenched with sweat, I fell out on the floor, and I picked my face up as I realized how that workout totally owned my ass. Some of the things we mixed in were:

Push Ups (100 r)
KB Swings (90r)
Med Ball Front Squats (80r)
Med Ball OH High wall throws (70r)
Med Ball Cleans (60r)
TRX Full Body Rows (50r)
Sandbag Cleans (40r)
Jumping Pull Ups (30r)
Barbell Push Press (no squat) (20r)
Sandbag Snatch + Burpee (10r)

We wanted to put the Oly lifts in there as the base of our program as sort of a multi modality drill for me. It was insane. But hey, I love training like this! Who the hell needs cardio when this is SO MUCH more fun and effective, right!!

Today is pampering, going to do a nice jacuzzi soak, steam room, sauna, and just chill. Tomorrow starts this cycle all over again.

foxieroxie007
01-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Switching up the game this week folks. Kicking up the intensity. Here's the plan, Mon - Wed in the AM, full on fuctional/atheletic/speed/power/endurance total body circuit, in the PM one body part per day heavy/tension workout. Thursday is off, Friday is one workout, strength (heavy tension), Sat is power training via Oly lifts, track sprints (one gym I go to has a straight away track indoors), and plyos. I don't really hit cardio too much unless needed so the AM circuits are pretty much cardio for me. I let the diet do what it do to get the fat off. I don't have much to worry about anyways, so it's all good in the hood. Anyway. Here is this morning's kick ass event:

jP4_qTvXfdk?hd=1

KB Snatch
weight increases w/ each set

**PR 16kg :yep:

S1 – 20r
S2 – 15r
S3 – 12r
S4 – 10r

KB Cleans

**PR - 30kg:yep:

S1 – 20r
S2 – 15r
S3 – 12r
S4 – 10r

Piston Reverse Lunges to SL balance

S1 – 20r
S2 – 15r
S3 – 12r
S4 – 10r

Ply Box Jumps
(box height increases w/ each set)

S1 – 12r
S2 – 10r
S3 – 8r
S4 – 6r

Side to Side Plank Touches

S1 – 20r S2 – 15r
S3 – 12r
S4 – 10r

Cable Squat Row – Explosive/Speed

S1 – 20r
S2 – 15r
S3 – 12r
S4 – 10r

Sunnyday
01-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Wow!! Great stuff!

foxieroxie007
01-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Wow!! Great stuff!

Thanks chica

---------

Round Two at the gym
Focus on Back as planned:

Rack Pulls
6 sets
Worked up to a new PR of 250# TRIPLE!! (FCUK YEAH!!)

RDL
5 Sets
Worked up to a new PR of 250# SINGLE!! Did that for 2 sets (FCUK YEAH!!)

Cable Lat Pull Down
100# 8r
115# 6r
120# Triple 2sets

Oly Bar T Row w/ V Grip Handle
90# 8r
100# 8r
110# 6r

Seated Single Arm Cable Row
2 sets
35# x 12r

Ha those boys at the gym all seem to gather around when I'm hitting my deads. I think they're in awe that here is this chick kicking ass deadlifting as much weight as some of them weigh. And just killin it.

I love being the strongest bitch in the gym! Love it!

Tonight's post workout is brought to you by Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion Chocolate blended with Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Fro Yo!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/myofusion.jpg
Freakin love my reindeer chalice.

FitGems
01-10-2012, 01:16 AM
Nice progress thus far. Keep it up! :)

Bronwyn
01-10-2012, 03:45 AM
Food porn! :D I love spaghetti and sushi and cant wait till offseason again :D
Ben and Jerry΄s is pretty expensive here in Europe LOL but those protein must taste great with it :D :P

Sunnyday
01-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Awesome back day! Sometimes it bums me out that I can't do some of these exercises due to my back issues, but at least I can live vicariously through peeps like you who do! :)

foxieroxie007
01-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks a bunch guys. Pardon late response. Been so damn crazy over here as of late.

Ok folks so I'm kinda sick as a dawg today. I have my period and the cramps are freakin ripping my uterus apart. I mean all this pain and I don't even know if I'll EVER have children, why OH why!!!? :mad: And I'm holding water like a bitch. But anyways, today was my day to work on posing. So girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. It was my TOM EVERY DAMN SHOW last year. So if it happens again this year, the show must still go on.
It's been about a week and a half since starting. Already my upper body is coming in. Losing from top to bottom as expected. Legs are holding water, glutes, abs hold just fuckin fat, let's be honest lol. But all and all, I look good for 13 weeks out, so just gotta stay par for the course and keep it going. I'm getting more comfortable with my posing. Still tweaking. Totally different lines when you ain't got no heels on.

GsaDRKn4U_Y?hd=1

Today is my off day, no training. Yesterday was a full body circuit in the AM, some crazy shit I designed and called it a "Skittle" circuit. Starts at 15 reps, bunch of crazy full body shit, power moves etc, and you do 4 rounds. But round two is 12r, 3 10r, 4 is 8r. You're dying by the end but you get to "taste the rainbow" of working in various rep ranges. Killer, I'll post it when I'm not moody because of mother nature. My PM workout was heavy chest. Had this crazy monster pump in my upper body. LOL, maybe I should pump before I do my posing videos and pics. Eh next time.

Andersen
01-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Hope you feel better soon Roxie. You're still doing wonderful though.

Awesome workouts, steady nutrition and beautiful posing.

Future superstar for sure.

Just curious, what flavor you're sweet tooth enjoys the most?

foxieroxie007
01-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Feeling MUCH better today! Although today was my refeed day and although it seems like so much fun, eating on those days can be such a chore! lol

I really appreciate your compliments Anderson! The flavor I enjoy most is actually not from a sweet tooth. Instead I am obsessed with SUSHI!!

-----------------

So I switched the game around. Today was my refeed as scheduled. That went the same however I've switched my workout around so that on Thursdays I'm hitting my weakest spots. So that means on refeed days I'm hitting shoulders, biceps, and triceps. For the longest time since back has been my focus in really bringing up, that workout fell on my refeeds. So let's see how these guns get up over the next few weeks.

Bronwyn
01-13-2012, 03:27 AM
haha - I am a sushi maniac too :D Unfortunatelly I am able to eat a LOT of it in sushi all you can eat point - so I stopped to use it as a refeed day two weeks ago - cant wait to another offseason to return back there! :D yummy

shankuan
01-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Girl, I've been MIA for a bit but I see you are certainly TEARING.IT.UP! Looking good in here!

Suzanne
01-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Jusr got caught up on your entire journal. Love the intensity!!! i really look forward to following along and checking out the videos - i htink they really bring the journals to life. Get insight more into the person. Cereal is one of my favs of refeeds! Looking good, nice shape keep pushing hard!

foxieroxie007
01-17-2012, 08:00 PM
haha - I am a sushi maniac too :D Unfortunatelly I am able to eat a LOT of it in sushi all you can eat point - so I stopped to use it as a refeed day two weeks ago - cant wait to another offseason to return back there! :D yummy

LOL I know I have to be sure to stop at two rolls then bolt the hell on out of there! lol

Girl, I've been MIA for a bit but I see you are certainly TEARING.IT.UP! Looking good in here!

LOL thanks chica!

Jusr got caught up on your entire journal. Love the intensity!!! i really look forward to following along and checking out the videos - i htink they really bring the journals to life. Get insight more into the person. Cereal is one of my favs of refeeds! Looking good, nice shape keep pushing hard!

Thanks much Suzanne. I've been a big fan of yours since day 1.

--------------------------

Oookeyyy. So things have been good in this neck of the woods. I had fallen off the path a little bit last week, but I'm happy to say that I'm definitely back in it 100% now to the point where my whole outlook on just about everything has changed. There is this unbelieveable focus that I know I've NEVER had before. I can't explain it but I see my body as this well tuned machine. I train in a way that makes me feel superhuman, I eat to nourish and replenish my body. My thoughts about my diet and training are not about cutting myself down or losing weight. Instead it's about molding and carving an amazing specimen, an elite physique that so few get the privilege to attain. Taking on the thought of positive change is such an empowering thing, a mindset that puts you on a whole nother level. For me, at the end of the day it's not about the other women who I may stand on stage next to. It's not about the competition because my competition is ME, and me at my best is great quality. It's about when the moment comes that I step on stage, will I have given my all. Will I have done my best. Will I have taken every step to feed and nourish my body, mind, and spirit in a way that allows me to CONFIDENTLY AND PROUDLY stand on display for the world to see, and pick apart. Will I have the audicity to do so with a smile and challenge onlookers to find my flaws.... At the end of the day, that's what it's about, and I absolutely LOVE that challenge.

Today's workout for me was amazing. I'm on a training cycle where I'm doing double training sessions 2x/week (Mon/Tues). The AM workout is nothing but metabolic circuits. High volume, crazy intensity, heart pounding, make you vomit training. This is my form of "cardio" - fuck a bunch of a cardio machine. For me this is where it's at. I hit the following circuit:

Timed Sets: 45 secs work, 15 rest - 4 rounds - 2 to mins rest btw actual full cirucuits.
Oly Bar Shoulder Press
Frontal Chops w/ Lunge & Rotation
Oly Bar Full Body Twist
Mountain Climber
Walk Outs to Toes

The game is to beat your reps for each round. Weight is on the moderate side, not too light/too heavy, move w/ speed and power but keep form.

xjG4MgAgQa0?hd=1

Finished of w/ 10 mins of Cardio on the Stepmill for shits and giggles.
Entire workout, just about under an hour.
PM workout... Heavy Chest and Tri's.

After this week, I will have a deloading week to allow my body a little break, then back to the business the following. I'm doing 2wks on, 1wk off, with this programming sequence for now. My training days are 4 days w/ 3 days off to rest.

So far things are looking good. I took a pic for my progress for this training cycle and I love how much I've already started noticing change.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Jan1to17_2012_FDB_BDB.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Jan17_2012_BDB2.jpg
Staying par for the course.

foxieroxie007
01-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Yeah that workout above....

SORE AS A MUTHA!

And I wouldn't have it any other way.... My morning weight has me down 1.6 lbs since last week. Noooice!

Thankfully, today is all about R-E-S-T. I think I may head into the gym to do sauna/steam/jacuzzi.

David Lees
01-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Wow, that's quite a change for 16 days, nice work!

Sunnyday
01-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Yeah that workout above....

SORE AS A MUTHA!

And I wouldn't have it any other way.... My morning weight has me down 1.6 lbs since last week. Noooice!

Thankfully, today is all about R-E-S-T. I think I may head into the gym to do sauna/steam/jacuzzi.

Gurrrrlll....you EARNED some rest after that WO. HOLY, HOLY, HOLY!!!! So proud of ya for pulling that off...DANG! I love coming in here and catching some of the energy you've got. I'm totally wired heading to the gym after reading your "adventures". Great progress in such a short amount of time, too. All that hard work is paying off. Keep up the great work! XO!!

foxieroxie007
01-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys! I've been MIA because I've been kicking my own ass in the gym. Diet has been spot on, a few slips here and there, but the broad picture has me on track. In any case, I started stoning my suit as of late! It's not done yet but here's a sneak peek at what I've got so far.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/2012physiquepink1.jpg

Anyways I figure it would be a good time to mark this date with a progress photo. I'm happy to finally see my abs starting to make it's debut. Thanks rectus abdominis for coming out and playing. Noice!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Jan22_2012.jpg

My body responds very quickly to training, so it blows my mind how quickly everything is changing. Makes you wanna get up and do a happy dance lol. I'm leaner now than I was just even what seems like a week ago. I have stepped up my training so that's a major factor.

So anyways, I'm being silly. This progress follows the double session training cycle that I set up like this:

Mon:
AM - Metabolic Cirucit
PM - Back

Tues:
AM Metabolic Circuit
PM - Chest

Wed - OFF

Thurs - Refeed
Shoulders and Bi's Tri's

Fri - OFF

Sat - Power/Oly lifts

Sun 0FF

So this week is a week of scaling back, then next week I'll be back on that plan. So 2 weeks on, a week off.

Sun/Mon/Tues
Metabolic Circuit

Wed - Off

Thurs - Back/Bi's
Fri - Chest/Tri's
Sat - Shoulders

Sun - OFF

Wed I may do some cardio (run outdoors/hills). That will be fun. I feel like going for a run and it's supposed to be like in the high/mid 70s this week. The hills will be an inviting program change.

So anyways, HERE WE GO MOFO'S. 11 weeks to make this baby pop! I'm ready to OWN the gym this week.

Dre23
01-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Keep up the great work Roxie! Looking forward to seeing your finished "product". ;)

Bronwyn
01-23-2012, 04:33 AM
Roxie you are very skilled girl - dont want to hear me when I was stoning my own suits this year.... when "oh s*it" was almost a polit phrase :D LOL. And I did not created any sophisticated ornament.

I had pretty crazy times with the glue... do you girls in US use classical glue and putting chrystals on it (by hand) or do you use "hot fix" ?

BTW: how are the rules in WP? You may use stoned suit for both prejudging and finals?

As I know in US bodybuilding they told me to have plain suit - in Europe nobody cares... Girls here overally use less stoned suits, but they use stoned suits for both semifinals and finals in bodybuilding and in Figure here they have the "black suit only" round and two rounds in stoned suits than...

I always like to discover new things :)

Sunnyday
01-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Beautiful work on your suit, Roxie! And congrats on the abs making their appearance. :)

KrisLynn
01-23-2012, 03:04 PM
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAYYYYYY- UM!!!! Your body has made crazy changes since I last checked on ya woman... your V tap and Quads are def gonna bring out the Jelly in others!!

U GO HOT STUFF... Keep workin it!!

FYI- Didnt have but a sec to give your journal a rough run thru... I HOPE ALL IN LIFE IS FABULOUS!!
I'll be back when I time allows it !! ROCK ON!!!

foxieroxie007
01-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Keep up the great work Roxie! Looking forward to seeing your finished "product". ;)

Hey man wassup, thanks! I peeped your journal as well. Following along!

Roxie you are very skilled girl - dont want to hear me when I was stoning my own suits this year.... when "oh s*it" was almost a polit phrase :D LOL. And I did not created any sophisticated ornament.

I had pretty crazy times with the glue... do you girls in US use classical glue and putting chrystals on it (by hand) or do you use "hot fix" ?

BTW: how are the rules in WP? You may use stoned suit for both prejudging and finals?

As I know in US bodybuilding they told me to have plain suit - in Europe nobody cares... Girls here overally use less stoned suits, but they use stoned suits for both semifinals and finals in bodybuilding and in Figure here they have the "black suit only" round and two rounds in stoned suits than...

I always like to discover new things :)

Yeah we can wear stoned suits for prejudging and finals. So that certainly makes it easier lol. For my stones I do it all by hand, one at a time. I prefer it to using the Hotfix just because if you don't get that glue hot enough you'll have stones popping off all over the place. I work pretty quickly so it's no worries.

Beautiful work on your suit, Roxie! And congrats on the abs making their appearance. :)

Lol thanks! Feels good to have them back again lol.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAYYYYYY- UM!!!! Your body has made crazy changes since I last checked on ya woman... your V tap and Quads are def gonna bring out the Jelly in others!!

U GO HOT STUFF... Keep workin it!!

FYI- Didnt have but a sec to give your journal a rough run thru... I HOPE ALL IN LIFE IS FABULOUS!!
I'll be back when I time allows it !! ROCK ON!!!

LOL thanks chica. I'm doing well all over. Just keeping focused and grinding it out. Thanks for the V taper and quad compliment. I have been working SO MUCH on bringing up my back over the last year or so. I've gained a great deal of size which was important for me to be able to balance out my upper/lower body. I also had to change my leg program as well. So glad to see it's paying off for sure! lol

Bronwyn
01-24-2012, 04:00 AM
Yeah we can wear stoned suits for prejudging and finals. So that certainly makes it easier lol. For my stones I do it all by hand, one at a time. I prefer it to using the Hotfix just because if you don't get that glue hot enough you'll have stones popping off all over the place. I work pretty quickly so it's no worries.

So you are skilled a lot!

Here I had the same problem with the glue - they sold me some special textile glue, but stones popping off after a while. So after the second competition both suits I had are useless.
Many girls here prefere hotfix because of that. I never tried it - anyway thanks for the info. I will stay with the glue too - just will choose some better one :)

foxieroxie007
01-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Yeah the glue you want to use is E600. You can buy it online. Mostly all of the suit designers I'd spoken to before taking on this adventure last year told me to go with that so I have and it's great! The stones just about never come off, maybe one or two if I didn't use enough, but it's an easy fit to just pop it back on. I'd rather go with the E600 glue than the Hotfix just because as I had mentioned, if you dont get it hot enough it will fall off at some point. And I can just see my luck would have it that they'd all come off! lol. The suits I have, I've worn one for 2 shows, one for 4 shows. Washed them in between every show, and have taken them off and on literally at least a hundred times to do progress photos. No problems with the stones falling off or anything.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/suitf1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/suit3.jpg

Stoned that one last year and it's still good to wear for another round. Wore it 4 shows, just retiring it for now because I'm tired of looking at it lol!

Sunnyday
01-24-2012, 04:38 PM
That suit is GORGEOUS!

foxieroxie007
01-25-2012, 04:03 AM
Why thank ya chica, lol. I've retired that one for now, wore it so damn much! lol Looking forward to the new ones this year.

Bronwyn
01-26-2012, 03:32 AM
Yes, sometimes we need something new - I for example LOVE my black suit with blue crackles, but I had it on 5 shows, so that is why I still have it but do not wear it - I like the blue one suit as well - you did great work on it as well. Maybe more than the pink one - but I overally like blue-turqoise colours of suits because it suits better to my type :D :D

foxieroxie007
01-26-2012, 05:42 PM
LOL yeah the pink one isn't done yet. It'll end up having about 1000 stones on it by the time I'm done. And that's not an exaggeration! lol

foxieroxie007
01-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Ok today was yet another refeed day! I woke up today at 141 lbs this morning. :yep: Nicely depleted and ready for CAAAAARRRRBBBBSS!! I've been feeling super energized this week, my body is really thanking me for taking a little break. I feel ready to tackle next week's high intensity once again. It's starting to feel too easy lol. The good thing is that I find myself really enjoying this prep. And that is one thing that is the most important thing to me. I feel balanced, my mind is clear and focused. My life right now, as for many of us, is so wrapped around being in the gym and training, and just closely watching my body as it evolves over the the next few weeks. Everyday I see something new. A new curve in my shoulders, a new vein peeking through the tight skin wrapped around it, new tighter definition around parts that just a few weeks ago seemed covered by a layer of fluff. I actually looked at myself yesterday in the mirror and said, wow, I REALLY LOVE.MY.BODY. That in and of itself is an amazing feeling. To admire what you see, not in a narcissistic kind of way, but in a way that you appreciate how far you've come. That is such an EMPOWERING feeling. I love my body, and the fact that I have the priveledge to push it to its limits is an honor and blessing for me. And I'm ready to begin the climb to the absolute apex of what my potential can truly be.

Anyways, enough sentimental shit. Let's get down and dirty! Today was my refeed. I decided today to get a little "edgy" -- lol :p -- with my food choices. Having dropped about 3.6 lbs of scale weight in less than a full two weeks is a great deal, so I knew that I wouldn't throw everything off balance, especially if I keep my macros under control. Typically my refeeds are pretty "clean" as in I normally like to keep the fat as low as possible. So I'll normally hit about 20-25g, sometimes 30 or so for the entire day. But my carbs will be up to like 300/350g for the day, and protein about .8xBW. It takes about 3 to 4 days for me to completely flush out the excess water, and I walk away a few lbs lighter as well. But today I broke norm by adding some new choices in there. Carbs got up to about 325g, fats about 45-50, protein about .9/1xBW - guestimates because I couldn't measure the sushi exactly, but going by what the serving size is, I don't think it's too far off. So here's how the menu and training day shaped up:

Pancakes w/ Syrup (no high fructose corn syrup added) and Egg Whites
Gym: Crushed the HELL out of my shoulders and biceps!
PWO: Protein Shake then SUSHI!
2 Hrs later: Fat Free Vanilla Ice Cream Cone and a Brown Sugar Low Fat Pop Tart
Dinner: 2 In and Out Burgers (no cheese or sauce, just ketchup and mustard)

The dirties were the burgers. They're actually thin patties, the macros break down to 310 cals, 10g Fat, 41g Carbs, 16g Protein. The only thing on it besides the patty (which is real beef by the way unlike McDonald's :puke: - I'm suspecting 85% lean) is a slice of tomato, onion, ketchup and mustard. So yeah I dogged two of those babies! So good! And one of my sushi rolls was a little dirty, it was a lobster tempura roll. The tempura is actually pretty thin in the roll, and they put about a small slither of avocado in it. Nothing major. I had one last week for my refeed and I was just fine.
My refeeds are about 12 hours. I started at 7am. And as of right now... 8pm, I'm D-O-N-E! Now time to drink the rest of this water and get my 2nd dose of creatine in. Whew, eating is like my JOB on these days. :rolleyes:

For your viewing pleasure:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/donutjan.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/lobsterjan.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/burgerjan.jpg

GirlyMuscle
01-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Hey Roxie! I just wanted to say I LOVE your youtube Channel. I've been obsessed with watching your videos. :) Your posing is so fluid and sexy/cute.

foxieroxie007
01-27-2012, 02:33 PM
LOL thanks so much girl! I swear I put up those videos for my own entertainment, but I'm so glad that others follow along on my crazy path as well! Thanks for the posing compliments. I'm CONSTANTLY working on that!

----------------------

Ok post refeed morning is here! I'm 142.6 lbs, so a scale gain of about 1.6 lbs. I never get super retention or spilling from my refeeds. But then again I usually keep to a more moderate approach so that helps to keep things in check.

I'm contemplating what's going to go down with my training this weekend. I normally take Friday off and train power/Oly lifts on Saturday. BUT this weekend is the LA Fit Expo soooooooo I know I'm going to head over there. I dunno, maybe I'll just go after I train. Yeah, that's what I'll do!

stephaniewilles
01-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Hey lady!!!! I just love your suits!!! :)

So I'm wondering...... are you using refeed as a term for cheat meal? I read it alot in these journals but never heard anyone say it in real life lol!!!!
I know people use them to replace glycogen levels but wondering what the concept is for you during your prep? I usually don't have a cheat unless I'm ahead of schedule and from past experience wont do it the week of the show.....hahaha!!

Anyways curiosity has got me on why many competitors do this?

Have a great weekend at the Expo!!!

foxieroxie007
01-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Hey girl, thanks for stopping in. Refeeds and cheats are not one in the same at all, you're right. I don't do cheats, I only do planned refeeds after a phase (usually about a week) of depletion by way of training and diet. I train with that specific protocol in mind, and the type of workouts I do are really taxing on the body and get me fully depleted by Wed, spot on. The reasons why I do it has to do with how the body responds metabolically and hormonally to the training and prolonged diet. Basically the system downregulates itself and the refeeds present an opportunity to restart everything (in simple terms) and keep the metabolism going. There are a host of hormones that are responsible for metabolic function that gets "reset" (I'm using simple terms here) with refeeding provided you do it properly. Carbs are the main catalyst for this upregulation which is why the goal is to keep fats relatively low and carbs SUPER high. The greatest outcome of this kind of plan is the ability to diet longer and healthier, I tend to keep muscle very well as I lean down, and it gets me very lean, very quickly. Great thing is that I feel a lot fuller as far as size is concerned too, even after weeks and weeks of dieting. Rebounds post show aren't an issue either.

I do keep carbs in all the way up to the show. In fact, depending on how I'm looking, I like to have a huge refeed days before, taper carbs to the show, adjust training accordingly and just let my body do its work. By that time in any case it will be used to this kind of approach from the weeks I spent getting lean on it. So it's much more predictable on how many carbs I may need and how long it may take for me to remove any excess spilling.

I normallly keep my refeeds clean as a whistle, but I decided to have a little more fun this week with the burgers. And it's a keeper! I'm back down to 141.6 this AM, 2 days post refeed. I was this weight Wednesday morning before the refeed, 141 refeed morning. Still holding that last bit of water from it, but I think by the time all is said and done I'll have a new low.

Bronwyn
01-30-2012, 03:34 AM
1000 gems :D holly molly I thought I have a lot of them when I added around 200 to my last suit :D
BTW: Another journal with refeed day! Sushi - OMG :D Gimme that!

stephaniewilles
01-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Hey girl, thanks for stopping in. Refeeds and cheats are not one in the same at all, you're right. I don't do cheats, I only do planned refeeds after a phase (usually about a week) of depletion by way of training and diet. I train with that specific protocol in mind, and the type of workouts I do are really taxing on the body and get me fully depleted by Wed, spot on. The reasons why I do it has to do with how the body responds metabolically and hormonally to the training and prolonged diet. Basically the system downregulates itself and the refeeds present an opportunity to restart everything (in simple terms) and keep the metabolism going. There are a host of hormones that are responsible for metabolic function that gets "reset" (I'm using simple terms here) with refeeding provided you do it properly. Carbs are the main catalyst for this upregulation which is why the goal is to keep fats relatively low and carbs SUPER high. The greatest outcome of this kind of plan is the ability to diet longer and healthier, I tend to keep muscle very well as I lean down, and it gets me very lean, very quickly. Great thing is that I feel a lot fuller as far as size is concerned too, even after weeks and weeks of dieting. Rebounds post show aren't an issue either.

I do keep carbs in all the way up to the show. In fact, depending on how I'm looking, I like to have a huge refeed days before, taper carbs to the show, adjust training accordingly and just let my body do its work. By that time in any case it will be used to this kind of approach from the weeks I spent getting lean on it. So it's much more predictable on how many carbs I may need and how long it may take for me to remove any excess spilling.

I normallly keep my refeeds clean as a whistle, but I decided to have a little more fun this week with the burgers. And it's a keeper! I'm back down to 141.6 this AM, 2 days post refeed. I was this weight Wednesday morning before the refeed, 141 refeed morning. Still holding that last bit of water from it, but I think by the time all is said and done I'll have a new low.

Awhh... I see!! It all makes sense. I have never done that. My workouts aren't taxing but they are hard. I take my time, lift, rest and repeat. No high intensity stuff really, well except my leg days that I just started. Those are crazy. Tuesday before nationals I added carbs cause i was hard and striated. After the flight and additional food, I looked horrible, spilled over.

Sounds like you'll hit that new low quick!! :)

foxieroxie007
01-30-2012, 07:11 PM
1000 gems :D holly molly I thought I have a lot of them when I added around 200 to my last suit :D
BTW: Another journal with refeed day! Sushi - OMG :D Gimme that!

LOL

Awhh... I see!! It all makes sense. I have never done that. My workouts aren't taxing but they are hard. I take my time, lift, rest and repeat. No high intensity stuff really, well except my leg days that I just started. Those are crazy. Tuesday before nationals I added carbs cause i was hard and striated. After the flight and additional food, I looked horrible, spilled over.

Sounds like you'll hit that new low quick!! :)

Yeah that happened to me at Team U, puff city. But I got it down by Nationals, less stress too so that helped. I did my own peaking for Nats so it was also in my own hands too, so much easier for me. But yeah LOOOVE my carb ups.

-------------------

Ok this morning.... You ready for this...

140.4!!

Yes!

Feeling good today. A little tired because yesterday I changed up the program quite a bit. I mixed in some isometric sets into my power program yesterday. That kind of stuff is so taxing to the CNS, and I feel it today. It's like muscularly I'm feeling pretty good, but just a little tired and I have this weird buzzing energy running through my body. I don't know how to discribe it. Feels like electricty lol. But in a good way. Like buzzed lol. Ok fuck it, forget it.

Anyways, this is what I did for my workout (see video below)

Power Endurance Sets
Hang Snatch (up to 60#) 5x5
Hang Clean (up to 60#) 5x5

Isometric Circuit

A. 185# Iso Squat
Hold for 30 Secs
Rest for 10 Secs
Repeat 3x BACK TO BACK no rest is one set

B. Bodyweight Iso Push up
Hold for 15 Secs
Rest for 10 Secs

C. Jump Squat (full body extension)
8r repeated 3x
10 secs rest
Repeat 3x BACK TO BACK is one set

D. Close Grip Back Row (cable standing)
Hold for 30 Secs
Rest for 10 Secs

Did that 3 times, then 15 mins PWO HIIT Sprints on Treadmill
:puke:

Loved that shit!

http://youtu.be/GRy2HsXnP0Y

GirlyMuscle
01-30-2012, 07:30 PM
What size stones do you use? I'd love to do my own suit but was always confused when looking at stone sizes.

Sunnyday
01-30-2012, 09:10 PM
Heyhey! Congrats on the new low! And that latest WO?! DANG, that looked cool! :cool:

Bronwyn
02-01-2012, 06:10 AM
Good vid. I love jump-squats I vary legs - jumping legs inside (to narrow stand) and out (to wide stand)

foxieroxie007
02-01-2012, 11:57 AM
What size stones do you use? I'd love to do my own suit but was always confused when looking at stone sizes.

Hey girl. Yeah I usually do a mix depending on the design and effect I'm trying to create. So I use 12, 16, 22, and 30. It just depends on the design. My current suit has 16s and 30s mostly. I'm also using some sequins as I did last time as well.

Heyhey! Congrats on the new low! And that latest WO?! DANG, that looked cool! :cool:

Thanks it nearly killed me!

Good vid. I love jump-squats I vary legs - jumping legs inside (to narrow stand) and out (to wide stand)

Yeah girl, variety is the slice of life.

------------

Ok that workout Sunday (the one in the video above) is not a joke. It completely freakin KILLED my ass. Like to the point where I was still feeling like I had my ass handed to me THREE DAYS LATER! Monday I hit my planned 2x/day split. Met con circuit in the AM, heavy back and bi's at night. Yesterday, did a full body straight set high volume moderate weight type of workout, and was supposed to head back at night to do my heavy chest/tris. I couldn't. I was just done! So I rested.

I moved my refeed to today because I can just feel that my body needs it. I had my first meal so far, low fat whole grain waffles w/ syrup (no high fructose corn syrup) and some eggs (2 whites and a whole). I'm heading to the gym in a bit to train. I'll take in some BCAA powder and Gatorade prior to the workout and during. On deck is chest and tri's. My back is still sore from that workout the other day. I feel so OWNED by this week. I'm looking good, body is getting tighter each day. I love my shape, I feel and look strong but curvy. It's weird to look at my body and say WOW hell yeah, that's me bitches! Round shoulders, wide lats, full legs, great butt. POW! Yes! lol

Anyways. I think I'm going to refeed with a bit more carbs than I normally do. I usually end up hitting around 300g or so for my refeeds, but with the intensity of my workouts, I think I actually need to bump it up a bit higher.

stephaniewilles
02-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Super cool video!!!!

Boom, Boom....POW!!!!:hot:

Sunnyday
02-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Yep, definitely sounds like you need to bump up the refeeds with the intensity of those recent WOs. Whew! There was a time back in my 20s when I like to think I could have kept up. But at 44, I'm half dead on the couch just reading them!

foxieroxie007
02-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Before.....

Jan 30th 2012
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/jan30back.jpg

Today, after my refeed and drinking a ton of water.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/preggers.jpg

At least now I feel like brand new and my energy is restored lol.

I have one more meal left. The last one is a Skinny Cow ice cream cup. Let's see if I can fit anything else into my belly lol.

foxieroxie007
02-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Post Refeed Morning, I delivered! Freshly fed full muscles! :yep:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Postrefeed1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Postrefeed3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Postrefeed2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Postrefeed4.jpg

Never mind my colorful doorag on my head lol. :p Girl's gotta wrap that hair up at night so it doesn't go into a dry poof by morning.

A little watery but not too bad, I never poof up that much post refeed. Yesterday I hit about 400g carbs. I do much better with higher carbs on my refeeds due to the amounts of volume and training intensity that's the norm in my world.

I finished off last night with two huge burgers. Made them myself w/ 5oz (2.5 oz each burger) of extra lean beef, 2 pototo bread buns (toasted), ketchup, spicy brown mustard, sweet relish, lettuce, and tomato. And a Skinny Cow Caramel Cone Ice Cream Cup. Then I passed out in a carb induced coma lol.

Now ready to head to the gym today to do some damage to the shoulders, abs, and bi's! Yeeeeaaah!

10.5 weeks out baby!

shankuan
02-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Before.....

Today, after my refeed and drinking a ton of water.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/preggers.jpg

At least now I feel like brand new and my energy is restored lol.

I have one more meal left. The last one is a Skinny Cow ice cream cup. Let's see if I can fit anything else into my belly lol.

yep...refeed was clearly gooood! I can sooo feel ya on the refeed preggers belly! Do you find after having high gi carbs on a refeed to have water (and u crave it cause of how thirsty you get) you get pain with that bloat? I try as much as possible to avoid water during the refeed window because of how painfully bloated my stomach gets from it.

Post Refeed Morning, I delivered! Freshly fed full muscles! :yep:

Never mind my colorful doorag on my head lol. :p Girl's gotta wrap that hair up at night so it doesn't go into a dry poof by morning.

A little watery but not too bad, I never poof up that much post refeed. Yesterday I hit about 400g carbs. I do much better with higher carbs on my refeeds due to the amounts of volume and training intensity that's the norm in my world.

I finished off last night with two huge burgers. Made them myself w/ 5oz (2.5 oz each burger) of extra lean beef, 2 pototo bread buns (toasted), ketchup, spicy brown mustard, sweet relish, lettuce, and tomato. And a Skinny Cow Caramel Cone Ice Cream Cup. Then I passed out in a carb induced coma lol.

Now ready to head to the gym today to do some damage to the shoulders, abs, and bi's! Yeeeeaaah!

10.5 weeks out baby!

Things are shaping up nicely, nice work girlie! Refeed does serve a purpose especially when its controlled. Yours looked like a good one! And to wake up with dry and full muscles means it served its purpose. Do you feel super hungry after a refeed? almost like you hadn't spent the previous 12hrs eating a ton?!

Sunnyday
02-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Great post-refeed changes, girl! 10.5 weeks out, you gotta be so proud of your progress! :D

foxieroxie007
02-02-2012, 07:32 PM
yep...refeed was clearly gooood! I can sooo feel ya on the refeed preggers belly! Do you find after having high gi carbs on a refeed to have water (and u crave it cause of how thirsty you get) you get pain with that bloat? I try as much as possible to avoid water during the refeed window because of how painfully bloated my stomach gets from it.

Things are shaping up nicely, nice work girlie! Refeed does serve a purpose especially when its controlled. Yours looked like a good one! And to wake up with dry and full muscles means it served its purpose. Do you feel super hungry after a refeed? almost like you hadn't spent the previous 12hrs eating a ton?!

No I don't find it that hard w/ the water. I usually don't get in my full gallon that I try to drink daily just because I'm constantly eating. I don't always get super bloated to the point where it hurts. Just to the point where I'm a beached whale lol. I don't wake up too hungry either. My body is weird. It's just like "ok, next."

Great post-refeed changes, girl! 10.5 weeks out, you gotta be so proud of your progress! :D

Thanks girl, I'm feeling good. I always have to remind myself to be patient because I always want MORE MORE MORE NOW NOW NOW! I mean, really I've been dieting for less than a full 4 weeks, lol. Saturday will make 4 full weeks lol. I'm excited to see where this body settles.

foxieroxie007
02-02-2012, 08:18 PM
So back to the grind today and I felt really great. I went into the gym today to train shoulders, bi's and abs! Got a nice pump going and still lifting pretty much heavy. I didn't follow a written plan today, I just kind of felt like going in and winging as I went along. Sometimes I want strict order, sometimes I don't. I finished off with some cardio. 30 mins SS for a change post workout.

Got home, and practiced my routine. I won't post the video but here are a few stills.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/RoutineStills1_10weeksOut.jpg

I'm glad I can actually move in a posing suit. I'm gonna make sure that that baby is CEMENTED DOWN to my body lol.

Bronwyn
02-03-2012, 04:02 AM
LOL to post-refeed pic :D I guess it is something very familiar to all of us :D

Sunnyday
02-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Great shots of your posing, Roxie! Love the side bend- back double bi. :)

foxieroxie007
02-09-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm around. Just grinding it out in the gym and the diet. When I start REALLY focusing I get really quiet lol. But anyways... Here's a peek at 9.5 weeks out. Don't mind my gut, had a huge bowl of Peanut Butter Cheerios and a Protein Shake post workout, AND it's refeed day lol. I was only 2 meals in so not too much bloat. ** turn it on HD to see it better**

http://youtu.be/prQdl9c4JbU?hd=1

GirlyMuscle
02-10-2012, 09:14 AM
I was just coming in here to post up that video! You look great!

I was just reading over your journal. I really like where your head is. I think I'll stick around and let some of that good mojo rub off on me. :)

foxieroxie007
02-11-2012, 04:09 AM
Thanks chica much appreciated! I'm so zoned into my program and I'm very excited to get this season up and going.

The Prodigy
02-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Almost there girl! Keep at it!

foxieroxie007
02-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Hey guys, I've been under the radar lately! A lot going on. Focusing on my business, prep, clients, and a possible sponsor that I may be working with. All good stuff. But I like to post especially when I have something to share. And today, I wanted to share my progress!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/8wksGrandPrix2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/8wksGrandPrix3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/8wksGrandPrix4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/8wksGrandPrix1.jpg

8 weeks and 2 days out, snapped just a few minutes ago. It's refeed day, so you know what that means! Time to fill up the gas tank.

Training is going well here's my split:

Mon - AM Metabolic Circuts + 15 mins HIIT post workout - PM Heavy Back/Bi's + 20 mins SS Cardio @ 150 BPM
Tues - AM Metabolic Circuts + 15 mins HIIT post workout - PM Heavy Chest/Abs + 20 mins SS Cardio @ 150 BPM
Wed - Legs High Volume & Plyos + 10 mins HIIT post workout
Thurs - REFEED - Heavy Shoulders - Bi's and Tri's
Fri - Off
Sat - Olympic Lifts/Total body power

Feeling great!

Sunnyday
02-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Lookin' awesome, Roxie! Great progress...keep at it!! Advance congrats on the possible sponsorship. :flowers:

Bronwyn
02-17-2012, 03:20 AM
Congrats to possible sponsor.

foxieroxie007
02-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Been busy as of late. Training has been plugging away. I'm hanging around 140 right now, but still getting leaner. So I'm happy. Adjusted the plan to pull a little fats for the next 2 week training/diet cycle seeing how my body responds. Leaned out quite a bit over the last week, even more detail in my back.

Kicking up cardio, doing about 20 mins ss 2x/week, 1 session of hit, and one 45 min ss. On my SS cardio I focus on keeping my HR btw 140-165 BPM depending on the exercise. Split has changed a little, hitting bi's and tri's 2x a week, shoulders get hit indirectly about 2x/wk with back and chest, then one dedicated shoulder workout 1x per week.

Here's the result - me at 7 weeks out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/Feb237weeksout.jpg

I took out my refeed and replaced it with a more moderate carb day just so that I can push things a little further this training cycle. Still feeling strong and rockin it out.

I've got a big project I'm launching in a few weeks, and it's requiring most of my attention - along with my prep. So I'll be in here not as often, but I'lll pop in here and there to let you guys know how everything is going.

Andersen
02-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Been busy as of late. Training has been plugging away. I'm hanging around 140 right now, but still getting leaner. So I'm happy. Adjusted the plan to pull a little fats for the next 2 week training/diet cycle seeing how my body responds. Leaned out quite a bit over the last week, even more detail in my back.

Kicking up cardio, doing about 20 mins ss 2x/week, 1 session of hit, and one 45 min ss. On my SS cardio I focus on keeping my HR btw 140-165 BPM depending on the exercise. Split has changed a little, hitting bi's and tri's 2x a week, shoulders get hit indirectly about 2x/wk with back and chest, then one dedicated shoulder workout 1x per week.

Here's the result - me at 7 weeks out.

I took out my refeed and replaced it with a more moderate carb day just so that I can push things a little further this training cycle. Still feeling strong and rockin it out.

I've got a big project I'm launching in a few weeks, and it's requiring most of my attention - along with my prep. So I'll be in here not as often, but I'lll pop in here and there to let you guys know how everything is going.

Congrats on those remarkable improvements.
And very beautiful working attire there.
Matches your sparkling personality.

The Prodigy
02-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Congratulations on Earning March Training Journal of the Month!

We truly think you are an amazing RX Girl and we appreciate all of your support, willingness to share and endless drive and motivation to be the best YOU! You are a contributor on the boards, you post pictures, workouts, videos and motivational posts to keep us all inspired! Keep up the incredible work and Keep KILLIN it in the gym! You now have your own photographic banner ad on the homepage of RX Girl! Hugs! G 115502

Sunnyday
02-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Congrats, Roxie!

:jump:

Andersen
02-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Congratulations Roxie.So I wonder was gaining muscle easy for you as in genetically gifted?

Bronwyn
03-01-2012, 03:14 AM
Congrats

Suzanne
03-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Looks like things are moving along very nicely!

katt981
03-02-2012, 07:47 AM
Congrats on JOTM!!

shankuan
03-02-2012, 10:52 AM
COngrats on JOTM foxie roxie!! Well deserved!

foxieroxie007
03-12-2012, 01:21 AM
HOLY COW!! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THIS HAPPENED! Thank you SO much!! Thank you guys for the congrats too! I'm so incredibly humbled and flattered.

Ok well let me get my azz back in here and start updating. I've been "dropping in"/digging deep and just getting into the home stretch with my prep. So let's get this baby poppin!

Let me start with this, I posted these two videos on Youtube one a progress video, and another that I have on my personal blog. I'll head back tomorrow to let you guys know what's new.

Here's me about 2 weeks ago, I'm leaner now though.

http://youtu.be/pGKX78XfBqU

Here's the video that's on my blog.

http://youtu.be/Dbed1MoSyhM

Suzanne
03-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Love your videos! Ireally really enoyed the one from your blog and will be sharing it on FB

foxieroxie007
03-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Thanks so much Suz! I really appreciate it. I enjoy doing them, keeps me focused on something other than tv lol.

----------------

Ok so here's what's been going on in my CRAZY world. I stepped away from journaling for a moment because I had to "get the mind right". I had a lot going on and a new project I was trying to launch, and I felt like I need to just really step back, breathe, focus, and get 'er done. Needless to say, that was the right thing for me to do in retrospect.

Prep wise, everything has been going alright. Very well in fact. I started my prep at about 16 weeks out. In actuality I don't need 16 weeks to prep for a show at all. Probably anywhere between 4, 6, and 8 weeks is far more than enough because I'm never really that far off from stage ready. Well 4 is a bit of a stretch, but if I were smaller in size and were still in figure, that would be plenty of time for MY physique given the current criteria. That's why I don't fit into figure anymore lol. So anyways, here I am at about just under 5 weeks out and I'm so ready to rock. Someone was saying, dang you can pretty much step on stage and do well right now. And as much as that MAY be true, I'm a perfectionist and have a little more tweaking to do. Here are a few pics below:

March 1st - holding quite a bit of water here it was right before my TOM - This was at 6 weeks out

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/March1-FDB.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/March1-FrontAbThigh.jpg

What interesting about this particular week is that I decided to start comparing myself to this many weeks out this year to last year around the same time frame from my first show of the season. Here's the progress I've made from last year to this year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/6weeksOutFigureandWPDComparison.jpg

Crazy! I'm telling you I'm some kind of genetic freak of nature, or simply too obsessed with KILLING and SLAYING the damn gym to get to the look I want.

And these were taken 2 Days Ago (March 10, 2012)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/absMar10-2012.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/deucesMar10-2012.jpg

So all and all I'm happy with the way my body is shaping up, I just hope that I meet the standard and criteria for what the judges are looking for. I'm really excited as well to officially announce that I will be competing at the Emerald Cup for the first time! Woohoo! Sooooo excited to do this show. Got everything squared away, all I need to do is submit my application to make it final. I always do that last in case anything happens. With about 6 weeks out, hotel/flight/car paid for already, it's pretty much a wrap. I'm IN.

Training wise, I've defintely switched things up a bit. Gone are my double workout days. Gone is my weekly refeed. Instead, I'm keeping everything moderate right now and letting the diet do the work for me. Training is all focused on keeping my metabolism up and muscle on. So my split and schedule as of late is looking like the following:

Mon - Metabolic Conditioning Circuit (30 mins) + Back (heavy strength - 4 exercises 3-4 sets, 6-12 reps, etc) + 40 mins cardio HR btw 135-165 BPM
Tues - Metabolic Conditioning Circuit (20-30 mins) + Chest (same protocol as back above) + 45-60 mins cardio HR btw 135-165 BPM
Wed - Legs (high volume and plyo/power) + 30m SS cardio HR btw 135-165 BPM
Thurs - Off
Friday - Shoulders + Core/Abs
Sat - Biceps and Triceps
Sun - Off

Been doing this now for the last 2 weeks or so and really been seeing some sweet progress. So I'll continue along with this for the next few weeks and just really monitor how my body is kicking in. I'm keeping carbs pretty moderate for now, I have a few days where I'm hitting around 120g/day, 2 low days where I'm around a lower end of 50-80g, and a nice high day where I'm hitting around 250g. I'm definitely well fed as I'm really trying to stay full and not get too lean because apparently, that's not flying at the moment for the division. It's really a tricky fine line one has to tread to get it right. Having that balance between seeing the shape and lines of each muscle WITHOUT striation is fun game to play lol. Well hell, batter up.... I'm READY!

foxieroxie007
03-15-2012, 03:48 PM
So here's the progress of my weeks of work. I'm now standing at 4 weeks (and about 2 days) out from the LA Grand Prix and my WPD debut.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/4WeeksOutFDBBDBMarch152012.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/4WeeksOutFAbTMarch152012.jpg

It's been a long road, but a good one. I prefer the approach of dieting slowly to allow my body to healthily settle into the look I'm trying to create, not stressing it out, just letting it do what it do. So this is in actuality about 10 weeks of dieting and training. I've had diet breaks, refeeds, training breaks, and all that stuff in between those 10 weeks, but overall, I'm really loving how it's now coming together.

The final weeks leading up to a show are the most exciting to me. It's like for a minute, when you still have weeks to go, things seem to slow down a bit, you go up and down all over the place at times scale wise. But at the end of the day, if you're consitent and on plan, doing what you should, it always comes together, and that I love. And those final weeks end up seeing changes so quickly again. So now I'm just in the position of carefully monitoring everything to be sure that I maintain that look of being lean and seperated WITHOUT getting striated. My shouders (as they always do) are a bit striated, lol. I'll have to down play my posing for side tricep and chest when I hit them. But other than that, nothing feels giggly or loose lol. Everything is tight, and I"m getting tiny, so tight and tiny is the name of the game.

Funny story, I was working out the other day at Gold's in Venice and I met Bronwyn (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?58074-Bronwyn-Tale-how-Eastern-European-chick-hit-the-gym-)&p=1629651#post1629651)! She had just competed here in LA, and is going to be headed this weekend to San Diego to compete in physique there. Her shape is SO beautiful! Her potential in the new division is amazing, and she's super cool so she gets 1 billion cool peeps points!

I've been really switching up the workouts as well. Which my body is really responding well to! Yesterday I decided to switch around my program to a nice long workout of heavy chest, a bit of heavy tri's, and high volume/moderate intensity legs. So higher reps, but not so light (or too heavy) w/ the weights. It was one of those workouts that I actually HAD TO take in some intraworkout carbs because it was long and kick ass. I finished off with cardio at the end, about 35 mins. The entire workout lasted 2h 35m. I went home at 2pm and went to bed, and didn't wake up again until like 9pm lol. Lights OUT :hypno:. But man do I feel INCREDIBLE today. It's an off day, so basically I'm just chillin at home doing some work that I need to finish up for my website (some blog posts), and I'm supposed to be catching up with a friend later today. But all and all, I'm happy and super focused. I'm so ready to step on stage and present what I feel is the best shape I've ever been in in my entire life. And the scary thing, is that I can't wait until my off season again to really work some more on bringing up things I want to bring up, so this is only the beginning of where I think I can take my physique. However, one step at a time Rox. One step at a time.

katt981
03-16-2012, 12:03 PM
You've made such great progress - You'll Rock that show! That's so awesome that you met Browyn! Keep pushing !!

foxieroxie007
03-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks so much Katt! Yeah Bronwyn is cool.

------------

So I know we've all be following the drama over at the STL show. I don't know, I'm kinda scared now. This division is kinda giving me a headache. I feel like I'm in line with the look, everyone hates the look of the division, I feel like maybe now I'm too muscular and not figure like enough anymore, I could never compete in figure again and expect to place, I stand a chance of getting too ripped, I could quite possibly be not ripped enough!!!

UUGGGH! CAAAA-RRRAAAAZZZY! Crazy!

So I guess I'm just going to have a huge case of the fcuk its and just keep doin what I'm doin. I'm going to tighten up just a little bit, but I'm going to attempt to not overshoot my conditioning.

I've already adjusted my training for the next week, and instead of doing bi-weekly updates like I normally do, I'm going to just go week by week for now. I've dropped cardio to 2 days a week, 30 mins post workout, metabolic circuits 2x/week followed by a few sets for heavy back on one day, and heavy chest the other. 2 high volume leg days to keep my legs in check since they are the most dominant part of my physique. I'm letting the diet take care of the rest.

This is LOOPY! I just want to be able to get on stage, enjoy, and not kill myself to fit in. I did that with figure. I was SO tiny at one point, and it wasn't fun anymore. Now I just want to celebrate my naturally muscular physique, do so on stage, and hopefully be rewarded. But right now... PSSSH! My head is in a tail spin! :hypno:

tankygirl
03-18-2012, 03:51 AM
Hang in there! this is just pre comp freaks which Ireckon everyone gets... am I too big, too small, too ripped... you have made fabulous changes and are looking GREAT!! Don't let your head mess up the fun you know you will have when you stage :) Can't wait to see the comp photos!!!

foxieroxie007
03-19-2012, 01:06 AM
Hang in there! this is just pre comp freaks which Ireckon everyone gets... am I too big, too small, too ripped... you have made fabulous changes and are looking GREAT!! Don't let your head mess up the fun you know you will have when you stage :) Can't wait to see the comp photos!!!

Thanks much chica! Yeah freak out moment is done, I'm ready to refocus and do what I do. Be me and relish in that!

---------

Today was very uneventful. A rest day. I switched up the diet a bit last week and I'm noticing I'm getting tighter already. I was reaching for something and my foot was off the floor and I got a glimpse of my thigh in the mirror... Seperation was very visible! Hellloooooo VMO.

tammyp
03-19-2012, 05:26 AM
i am so feeling ya girl...smh...

foxieroxie007
03-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Oooooooookie! So, listen, I KNOW that you probably look in here like "dis bitch... She don't even update her journal, so why the hell is it featured...." Yeah well, I know.

I kinda suck. But I'll tell ya, just because I'm not posting, doesn't mean that I ain't KILLIN THE SHYT SOMEWHERE, ok! OK!

So things are actually going pretty well. You know after my little freak fest a few posts back, I just have decided to throw caution to the wind and just do ME. Do ME. At the end of the day, well that's all I can do. I've done ALL of the work I can by the time the show has arrived. So that's when it's time to celebrate and to just enjoy the moment. Because it's fleeting. Like much of life. It comes and it goes. And at the day, no matter where I place, I always show up the best that I can. And when I share that moment with others by showing pics or videos or whatever, no one cares if I was first or last, but only that I look great. And that's really all that matters.

The last 2 days or so has been sort of a turn around for me. I'm feeling really good. I feel positive. And I feel like I'll present a look that is close as to what I'd like to see on stage for myself at this time. The trickiest thing with the division is the WANT to push a **LITTLE MORE** on that diet, on the training, just to come in tighter and leaner. But you've got to take a step back and realize it's not about that. The funniest thing is that I see one thing in the mirror (like oooh I feel like I wanna get a little tighter) and as soon as I take a pic and look at it I'm like HOLY FUCK! Maybe I should eat a freakin entire pizza because damn I'm pushing that lean look. But because of the way I diet, lol that damn pizza will likely have me drop another freakin 3 lbs! DAMN YOU IRONY!

So anyways, here's what we've got at 3 weeks out:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/3WEEKS-full.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/3WEEKS-Abs.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/3WEEKSSil1.jpg

The other day as I was working out, I started to get this amazing fire in me. I train at Gold's in Venice, The Mecca. There's something very magical about that place. Like when I look at the photos on the walls of the greatest of our sport staring back at me, it's like I feel the spirit of their energy fueling my own workouts. I feel inspired, empowered.... They just installed these 4 huge flat screens on the wall, and together the 4 make a giant screen that they've been playing the Olympia on.

But after that went off, I had looked up at the screen in the middle of my bicep curls and saw this video from Pumping Iron.

http://youtu.be/RQhpcb5a8QA

And for whatever reasons I was transfixed. And I started to well up with all this emotion that I had NO idea where it was coming from. But now in retrospect I do. I'm a dancer. A trained professional dancer with some of the top schools and dance companies in the world (and I actually don't exaggerate when I say that, I'm not talkin shit, but this isn't about my resume). And I've always acknowledged the connection of movement in our sport and how it plays with how to display the body in the best possible way. But it wasn't until I've immersed myself in being a WPD competitor that I TRULY have come to love this sport and the connection it allows me to have with my past, and a passion that is very real and important to me. Albeit, I am retired from dance now, but to have the chance to step on stage, celebrate my new passion for this division and the opportunity it gives for me to transform my body, and to just enjoy every moment of it, all that I can is that it's so incredibly.... Amazing.

Simply amazing.

katt981
03-23-2012, 11:32 AM
An oldie but goodie to watch for sure :) Looking good!

Bronwyn
03-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Hi Roxie!
I am finally back home in Europe and might log in, so sending you greetings. I think you will be better than I was in my debut, as you are more the type judges prefere! You will do good I bet.

Sending you pic of us two in Golds :)

foxieroxie007
03-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Hi Roxie!
I am finally back home in Europe and might log in, so sending you greetings. I think you will be better than I was in my debut, as you are more the type judges prefere! You will do good I bet.

Sending you pic of us two in Golds :)

Aw thanks Lada! It was great meeting you as well. We'll see what the judges say in 2 weeks and 6 days!!! Glad to hear you are home safe, I'm back to following along w/ your journey!

----------

TWO WEEKS SIX DAYS!!!

Time is tick, tick, ticking down. It's just crazy that my time to finally show off this work is near, I'm excited. I haven't really made any big adjustments to my meal plan in about 2 weeks, I'm going to change things up for this cycle though just a tad. Here's my breakdown:

Sat-Tuesday:
Approx. 1482 Cals – 138p/90-120g/50f

Wed and Thursday:
1412 Cals – 138p/80c/60f

Friday:
1588 cals - 134p/196c/33f

To be honest, I've been in and out with my diet over the last two weeks, so I haven't really stuck to it like gospel, I know I've had days where carbs were much higher, fat was higher, protein was probably about the same. And some of that just had to do with the fact that I needed a little diet break in there after going for as long as I have with my plan (been dieting slowly now for 12 weeks). So I took a few days off of dieting, had a bottle of wine in there, ate but not going overboard on clean foods just not measuring them. And it paid off for me (see pics above) lol. I took out my refeed for a training cycle (2 weeks for me), but added it back in last week. This last refeed day that I had (this past Thursday) I got to enjoy 2 glasses of shiraz at dinner and a huge slice of Banana Creme Cheesecake! Oh it was soooooooooo yummy! I likely won't be eating anymore cheesecake until after the show though :-(.

Training wise, things are good. I had a 2 weeks cycle where I revved up the cardio. So I had days where I did either 30 mins or 45 mins. I'd do this 3x a week. One week I did a day of 60 mins. So I'm roughly doing cardio about 2-3 times a week for 30-40 mins. This is all steady state work as dietarily the capacity for me to do sprints just isn't there. This coming week, I'll have one 30 min session post workout, and one 45 min session on a rest day later in the week (likely on Thursday before my high carb day). So that's 2 cardio workouts this week. However next week I may be pulling cardio altogether, I'll see how I look.

I've also changed my lifting a bit. Normally I like to hit metabolic circuits followed by a few sets for single body parts early in the week. So Mon I'd do my circuits and then train back, Tues circuits and then chest. Then workouts later on would be for single parts, so Shoulders/Abs, Bi's and Tri's. But what I've done this past week, and will continue for the next two leading into my peak is the following:

Monday:
MetCon Circuit + Back (Heavy)

Tuesday:
MetCon Circuit + Cardio (30 mins max)

Wed:
Legs (High Volume - I have big legs)

Thurs:
Off - 45 mins cardio

Friday:
Shoulders/Bi's/Tri's

Sat:
MetCon Circuit + Legs (high volume)

Sun:
Off

I really want to put in some extra work in my legs right now, just to etch out JUUUSST a little more detail. My legs have always been bigger as far as size, just natually so. I don't really have to train them that hard to have some good size/shape, but the refining is what I'm after. For me a few days of some higher volume (moderate weight/high rep) will do the trick. They've started responding well already, so I figure I may as well continue.

All and all, I feel good. I'm so so soooo ready to do this! The excitement builds everyday.

foxieroxie007
03-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Oh and I finished my suit finally! Just about 900 stones on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/2012physiquepink2.jpg

Bronwyn
03-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Oh and I finished my suit finally! Just about 900 stones on it.

Wow you are one crazy girl :D LOL I was going to be mad when I added like 200 gems on my suit - well I am a little bit imaptient always :)

KrisLynn
03-26-2012, 10:32 AM
WHOLLY SHIZZZ WOMAN... U are kickin ass!!!!! Well I wouldnt expect less.. but geez, your physique is def coming together... Girl u will be know hun.. the WPD will know Roxie!!! SRSLY... Im so happy for ya!!!!

And u got Suzy Homemaker skillz... woo wee!!! Gorgeous Suit ;)

KrisLynn
03-26-2012, 10:59 AM
BTW- When your ready to sell your suit, or any.. check out my site chica... IronDivaBuys.com

Spread word to ur fellow Diva's... this Shiz gets expensive ;) ;)

katt981
03-26-2012, 04:34 PM
That suit is gorgeous!! 2 weeks!! Getting sooooo close!! :excited:

foxieroxie007
03-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Wow you are one crazy girl :D LOL I was going to be mad when I added like 200 gems on my suit - well I am a little bit imaptient always :)

LOL, yeah I kinda am crazy. lol

WHOLLY SHIZZZ WOMAN... U are kickin ass!!!!! Well I wouldnt expect less.. but geez, your physique is def coming together... Girl u will be know hun.. the WPD will know Roxie!!! SRSLY... Im so happy for ya!!!!

And u got Suzy Homemaker skillz... woo wee!!! Gorgeous Suit ;)

Thanks chica. I hope to represent myself well, I feel good so that's good! And thanks for the heads up about your site. I've been keeping my suits that I stone. I plan to frame them with pics of me on stage in them. They're like my little pieces of art lol.

That suit is gorgeous!! 2 weeks!! Getting sooooo close!! :excited:

Thank chica I know!!!! Excited!

--------------

So March is coming to a close, and my show date drawing near. Everything is really going smoothly right now, I can't complain. My routine is ready, and it's really great, really entertaining, really fun, shows my body well. A nice mix of posing and just some smooth dance type transitions, not too much, this is a bodybuilding show after all.

I'm just basically now just watching the body closely. Making sure it's all falling into place. After this show (NPC Los Angeles Grand Prix) I've got the Emerald Cup coming up and I know that will be LOTS of fun. That's the week after. I'll be heading up to Washington on Thurs evening (about a 3 hour flight from LA) and on stage Saturday. Cannot wait!

At two and a half weeks out as of today... Things are coming together.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/March252012Back.jpg

Sunnyday
03-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Wow, girl! You've made some beautiful progress during this prep...with your body as well as that suit! It seems to me you have that look that the judges are after. I really like your idea of framing the suit with your show pics! You've inspired me to do that myself after I retire my suit. :)

The next 2.5 weeks are gonna just fly by, so if you're sporadic with checking in with us RX girls in order to stay in the ZONE, we totally understand. Hugs! :hugme:

Suzanne
03-28-2012, 02:20 AM
wow really nice suit! i would no way have the patience to stone a suit

Looking realy good, loved watching your progress and reading how you analyze and change your program throughout prep

foxieroxie007
04-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Wow, girl! You've made some beautiful progress during this prep...with your body as well as that suit! It seems to me you have that look that the judges are after. I really like your idea of framing the suit with your show pics! You've inspired me to do that myself after I retire my suit. :)

The next 2.5 weeks are gonna just fly by, so if you're sporadic with checking in with us RX girls in order to stay in the ZONE, we totally understand. Hugs! :hugme:

Hey girl thanks so much things are so CRAZY now, but in a good way!

wow really nice suit! i would no way have the patience to stone a suit

Looking realy good, loved watching your progress and reading how you analyze and change your program throughout prep

Suz you're the best, you've been a real inspiration to ME, so I'm so flattered by your words!

--------

Holy f-ck!!!!

My

Day

was....

AMAZEBALLS!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/lmapril.jpg

Today I ran into Lenda at the gym! We've corresponded via email and Facebook but I haven't actually MET her. Well today she was working out and I saw her so I introduced myself formally, and she gave me a big hug. Like it's so hard to describe the feeling when you meet someone who's been a true inspiration to you for years. That first face to face is always so cool. And get this, she told me I look FABULOUS. Woohoo I'm still on cloud nine. So anyway, that was my day. I'm hoping to get together with her in the next two weeks for some posing.

So that was my day. In addition to my workout, I got in some posing. So here I am in action w/ the quarter turns and mandatories. I even threw in a little bit of my routine for y'all to check out. Warning: Shit I'm pale (for a black girl).

http://youtu.be/IbBPdTDpsxU?hd=1

Today I stand at 139.8 lbs. I'm smack dead in the middle of my Time Of Month, but what I love about when I'm around showtime, my periods don't cause any kind of bloating or crazy ish. The cramping isn't even as bad as it normally is. My boobs do get bigger though! #winning! I digress. So by the time it ends I'll probably be down another lb or so. Here are a few shots of me taken yesterday (April 1st - at 13 days out). I take all of my photos in the brightest light as possible WITH full flash. Because if I can SEE separation in that light, I know on stage I will look the way I need to.

13 Days Out - Sunday

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/2weeksOut_LaGrandPrix1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/2weeksOut_LaGrandPrix2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/2weeksOut_LaGrandPrix4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/2weeksOut_LaGrandPrix5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/2weeksOut_LaGrandPrix3.jpg

So these photos were taken about 2 days post refeed, and one day after my planned Saturday DIET BREAK DAY! So basically Saturday I ate off plan but not overboard. Had a nice Five Guys burger and fries, had some tuna tar tar and a glass of shiraz, and then finished off the night with air popped popcorn. The rest of the day was clean and loosely on plan. I did that to just kind of reset my mental state before swinging into the rigors of the final 14 days. As of today I'm much tighter (as you can see in the video above).

Peaking - My Way

So here's my approach, now this is what I do, you ain't got to do it, nor agree with it, either way I don't really care. LOL. It's what I've found works for me and most of the clients I've dealt with. So let's dig in shall we.

The final two weeks of prep for me are all about the stage. It's always my goal to actually be show ready WEEKS in advance. Maybe with minor tweaks here and there, but before the final 2 weeks, in my opinion, you should be just about stage ready. Takes a lot of stress out of the equation, and allows me to simply focus on presentation in the final weeks. So I like to actually slightly run my peaking strategy starting at two weeks out. The beautiful thing is that it follows in exact suit to how I've been dieting up to this point. So my body is actually primed to take on what I'm throwing at it, and does so with ease and in a very predicatable fashion. I like to have very few variables to fuck with leading to the stage. So I leave sodium alone, I still season the hell out of my foods - hey I'm black we season E'RRRR THANG. I keep water HIGH. I normally drink a gallon a day. This prep yeah I'm not gonna lie, I barely got it all in and started wanting to down it all with Crystal Light. So I did just to get it in. I'm still here no diseases or death, so whatever. But the final two weeks all that crap is out. This week, the goal is to up water to 1.5 gallons through Thursday, then I drop to a gallon on Friday, then drink whenever the hell I'm thirsty by Sat. Actual peak week, same thing only it's 2 gallons through Thursday, about 1-1.5 Gallons Friday, then drink whenever I so please Sat. You'd be surprised how THIRSTY you get when you drink that much water. By the way, move into the bathroom, you'll be on the toilet most of the day. #winning!

Training is dramatically different though. Scott Abel has a great video where he talks about the difference between cosmetic peaking and metabolic peaking. Here for me is where that begins to ring so true. All prep, my focus is on optimizing my metabolism to elicit the changes I want to see physically. Of course that change is to maintain lean mass, lose as much fat as I can for the look I want, and still keep a good level of performance going in the gym. Of course at some point performance suffers a bit, but with the way that I diet it's not so bad. I mean last week I was still able to hit deads for reps at 250 lbs. This week, yeah probably NOT SO MUCH! So my training switches focus from my normally crazy off the wall RoxStar Can O' Whoop Ass programming, and becomes more of your traditional vanilla strength training... So the first few days, where I'm focusing on priming my body for my refeed later in the week, it's all straight sets, light/moderate weight, up to 25 reps, minimal rest, burns like a mutha type of stuff. Then later in the week, it's one heavy workout (on refeed day) and then I'm done. Cardio at this point, again not worried about fat loss, simply depleting. So I'll sneak in like 20 mins this week post workout for 2 days. Then 1 day on an active rest for like 30-40 mins right before the refeed day. That's all. But next week for my actual peak, I'll likely be doing away with all of that (cardio) and letting the diet and weights do the rest of the work.

See... LESS WORK = LESS STRESS = ME BEING CALM ON STAGE READY TO HAVE FUN!

Suit is DONE! ROUTINE IS DONE! I simply love my routine, and can't wait to hit it on stage. Anytime Roxie gets to ham it up, you KNOW she's gonna act a damn fool! LOVE IT!

Anyways, this is getting long and my attention span is really short when I'm on low resources. Here's today's rundown.

Meal 1:
Oats
3 Egg Whites + 2 Eggs
3 Fish Oil Caps
Coffee + Half and Half (sorry that DOES NOT go - it's only a little bit of HH)

Meal 2:
Chicken and Brown Rice

Meal 3:
1 Egg + Russet Potato

Meal 4:
Tilapia
2 Cups Veggies or Salad
Olive Oil

Meal 5:
Chicken Breast
2 Cups Veggies or Salad
3 Fish Oil

Training -
Total Body (no legs except calves), Straight Sets, 20-25 Reps, 4-2 sets (4 at the beginning for big compound moves, but most sets are 3 to 2 at the most). Cardio today - 20 mins PWO.

Hungry, thristy, but still ready to ROCK!

KrisLynn
04-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Doing a HAPPY DANCE for Ya Diva!! Im Excited your hitting the stage soon, with that Fantastabulouso Physique!! Go Get'em Girl!!

ROCK THAT STAGE... Only As U know how... Like a Pro!!! ;)

Bronwyn
04-05-2012, 07:09 AM
sounds as a good plan Foxie! I see you are not carbing up day before and in the day - but you crbing up prior and than dropping carbs? right?

foxieroxie007
04-09-2012, 04:11 PM
sounds as a good plan Foxie! I see you are not carbing up day before and in the day - but you crbing up prior and than dropping carbs? right?

I pretty much do my peak the same way I've been dieting up to this point. Only the carb up is more moderate, and then I follow that with 2 moderate carb days after. So Thursday for this particular peak my carbs will hit aroung 295g (2100 cals), and the following day I'm at 120g. Saturday mornning is my usual M1 and M2, oats/eggs/fish oil, chicken/sweet potato about an hour or so before stage. Then a peanut butter cup right before going out!! Yum!

---------

Ok so here we go, me at 5 days out!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/5DaysOutLAGrandPrix.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/5DaysOutLAGrandPrix2.jpg

I'm feeling ON TOP OF THE WORLD! So so good.

I met with Lenda Murray to work on some posing when I was at 2 weeks out. So I'm holding some water in the video, got rid of all of that. She's so amazing. Here's a link to the video she posted on her Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3686041999775

shankuan
04-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Looking GREAT girlie!!! Head down, and rock it out till show day! YOU GOT THIS! I've totally loved watching your journey, your positivity and your thirst for being the best at what you do! Love it!

Go knock 'em dead!

And ohhhhh I'd be BESIDE myself with glee getting to meet Lenda Murray!!!! I soooooo love that woman! Sweeeet you got her to give you tips and help you with posing!

Bronwyn
04-10-2012, 03:06 AM
Looking pretty good. If you will see Lenda, tell her greetings from me too... I missed her one day in the Golds, we wanted to meet there....
With the paleness - there is a pretty crazy light in the posing room there :D but that is what is a need to see how it will be on stage. :)

foxieroxie007
04-11-2012, 01:19 AM
Thanks much guys. I feel good. Nervous but in a good way, it's more of an excitement of finally doing this for real.

At this point, the work is done so I need to just focus on having fun, relaxing, and just enjoying every moment.

Sunnyday
04-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks much guys. I feel good. Nervous but in a good way, it's more of an excitement of finally doing this for real.

At this point, the work is done so I need to just focus on having fun, relaxing, and just enjoying every moment.

Time to land the plane, girl! So proud of you for all your hard work and perseverance! You've done all your homework, dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's...now it's time to go take your victory lap around the stage! Woo hoo!

foxieroxie007
04-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Thanks chica, the work is done. Now it's all about the fun!

-----

1 Day Out! And I cut my hair... Love love love it! However I will be rocking long hair on the stage still.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/1DayOut-LAGrandPrix.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/1DayOut-LAGrandPrix2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/1DayOut-LAGrandPrix3.jpg

Sunnyday
04-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Love the short hair and your complete look going into this show, Roxie! Sooo excited for you!

Bronwyn
04-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Great look Roxie and good luck! Enjoy your day

foxieroxie007
04-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Well.....

I WON THE OVERALL!!!!

I don't have any pics yet because I wasn't taking pics backstage. I was just in my zone and focusing on hitting the stage. Plus they took a TON of pics onstage that will be on Musclecontest.com, so I'll post them later today as they get uploaded. Here is a video of my routine though - my friend had the camera shaking and he cut off the first 5-10 secs or so, lol but I'll post the official video from the show in a few weeks as I ordered the DVD. Shot also was myself as well as the short class winner going up for the overall. It was such an incredible experience and I can't wait to hit the stage again.

http://youtu.be/olEHGkC9QnY?hd=1

And here's a pic of Lenda and I together.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/MeandLenda.jpg

Bronwyn
04-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Congrats, I told you are the type they want :D

Sunnyday
04-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Wow! Hyoooge congrats on your win!

Suzanne
04-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Congrats! Can't wait to go check out pics!

foxieroxie007
04-25-2012, 12:31 AM
So I went up and did the Emerald Cup....

Placed 2nd! Only 1 point between myself and the class winner! Seems like I'm on quite the roll.

What I know I need to do is come in leaner. So that's my focus for the national level. Team U and USAs here I come!

foxieroxie007
04-25-2012, 12:33 AM
Here are pics from the Grand Prix.

11945111945211945311945411945511945611945711945811 9459119460

Bronwyn
04-25-2012, 03:11 AM
Roxie good luck on nats. Looks like this is really your turn :)

katt981
04-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Dang!!! I wish I wouldn't have know that was you!!! I was there spectating, We were in the fourth row middle... what a group of competitors this year huh?? I thought you looked awesome, that competition was tough. I wasn't too hot on the gal in your class that had that choker on though, made her look ' rougher '... LOL You looked great though, good job!!

katt981
04-25-2012, 11:39 AM
here's the pic I took of the top 5

Sunnyday
04-25-2012, 10:05 PM
On a roll, girl! Keep that momentum all the way to nationals! Woo hoo!

Sunnyday
04-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Awesome job, Roxie! You are definitely on your way! Keep that momentum going!

foxieroxie007
05-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Wheeeew it's been a minute since I've been in here. Time to dust off the old pages again as I'm gearing up for the national level! Yay. First stop, Team U. I've changed my diet and training quite a bit since I'm coming off of two shows and I'm also trying to get leaner still. I'll tell you guys about it this weekend. In the meantime, here's a progress video where I'm doing some quarter turns, madatories, and the beginnings of a free posing routine that I'll tweak until showtime.

http://youtu.be/uD8OFgcR_YY?hd=1

foxieroxie007
05-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Things are moving along very well over here. Getting leaner and feeling really confident about bringing a better look to the stage.

Here are two videos I posted on my Youtube. First one is just a video blog talking about my diet, training and cardio for this current prep. Along with some progress videos from one week to the next of the changes I've made as I work to bring these legs in.

Second video is me crushing back in the gym!

http://youtu.be/Dn-yMsSE2zc

I'm loving my body and how it's coming along. I'm very excited to hit the stage with my new look. Hair, body, and all.

foxieroxie007
05-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Back training video

http://youtu.be/NKR3vzDsiUc

nsp
05-21-2012, 01:51 PM
When watching WPD it's pretty evident who's crossing over from figure vs who's crossing over from WBB by the posing, with the former FBBer's posing better because they've been do'n it all along. You on the other hand are an exception. It's refreshing to see an ex-figure girl with good posing. Nice job, you look beautiful.

foxieroxie007
05-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Thanks so much! The posing is actually my favorite aspect of the division. So I'm constantly working on it (pretty much daily) trying to always find the best ways to display my physique.

Bronwyn
05-22-2012, 03:17 AM
and it works Roxie, you really pose good :)

katt981
05-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Those body pulls are so hard for me, I keep plugging away at them, they are bound to get easier..LOL Great vid! :)

foxieroxie007
05-26-2012, 03:30 PM
SIX WEEKS OUT AS OF TODAY!!!!

I'm so excited. Things have been going VERY smoothly over here. Here is the latest progress video I shot earlier this week and posted on my FB page. My legs are coming in really well, and really that's what's been my focus for tying in my look for Team U.

http://youtu.be/SxfikhkZRaY?hd=1

What I've found has helped more than anything is just playing around with my cardio. And I think the yohimbine is doing wonders. I'm only doing about 40 mins of cardio 3-4 days a week. And it will likely stay the same for the next few weeks as I get closer to the show.

In fact this week, I took a little bit more of a diet break. I ate on plan for the most part but had some extra things here and there (sushi, peanut butter cup, granola bar, a slice of pizza, and a huge bucket of movie popcorn when I went to the movies yesterday). This was all over a course of a week. I did this mostly because I'm pretty damn much stage ready at 6 weeks out and so having the week off to just psychologically and physically relax is needed right now as I swing in the the final weeks leading into the show. It's actually my goal to be fully ready by 2 weeks out. So that gives me 4 weeks now to really pull in the reigns and kick this sh*t into high gear and ready myself for my peak.

I feel like I'm in a really great place right now. I'm simply biding time...

The Prodigy
05-28-2012, 01:29 PM
SIX WEEKS OUT AS OF TODAY!!!!

I'm so excited. Things have been going VERY smoothly over here. Here is the latest progress video I shot earlier this week and posted on my FB page. My legs are coming in really well, and really that's what's been my focus for tying in my look for Team U.

http://youtu.be/SxfikhkZRaY?hd=1

What I've found has helped more than anything is just playing around with my cardio. And I think the yohimbine is doing wonders. I'm only doing about 40 mins of cardio 3-4 days a week. And it will likely stay the same for the next few weeks as I get closer to the show.

In fact this week, I took a little bit more of a diet break. I ate on plan for the most part but had some extra things here and there (sushi, peanut butter cup, granola bar, a slice of pizza, and a huge bucket of movie popcorn when I went to the movies yesterday). This was all over a course of a week. I did this mostly because I'm pretty damn much stage ready at 6 weeks out and so having the week off to just psychologically and physically relax is needed right now as I swing in the the final weeks leading into the show. It's actually my goal to be fully ready by 2 weeks out. So that gives me 4 weeks now to really pull in the reigns and kick this sh*t into high gear and ready myself for my peak.

I feel like I'm in a really great place right now. I'm simply biding time...

Girl...you are lucky you are ready now! Enjoy the good eats....if your looking for me I will be starving myself to get shredded! ugh!

Bronwyn
05-29-2012, 06:21 AM
looking good Roxie, enjoy your lighter diet now...

foxieroxie007
06-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Girl...you are lucky you are ready now! Enjoy the good eats....if your looking for me I will be starving myself to get shredded! ugh!

LOL girl, I just saw this. I've been living under a ROCK for the last few weeks.

Ugh it's 4 weeks out... I'm now STARVING lol! Hunger in full effect.

foxieroxie007
06-12-2012, 01:10 AM
looking good Roxie, enjoy your lighter diet now...

Thanks chica. The party's over now!

-------------

uuuuuuuuuuuuggggh I just wrote this dang post with all my updates but for some reason my browser went crazy, froze, then restarted. I'm tired. I'll update tomorrow.

Bronwyn
06-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Thanks chica. The party's over now!

-------------

uuuuuuuuuuuuggggh I just wrote this dang post with all my updates but for some reason my browser went crazy, froze, then restarted. I'm tired. I'll update tomorrow.

Its close now Foxie! I bet you will come prepared and ready!

curvygirl
06-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Woot Woot Roxie! I found you on RX! So excited for your journey to Team U! Under 4 weeks right?!? WooHoooo! Cannot wait to hear more about your prep. Speaking of which could you tell me a little bit more about the Yohimbine you are using.? I am off season now & was using Lipo Ultra as my fat burner. It had a tad of Yohimbine in it and felt overall the product worked very well. Sounds like you are using it straight up. What do you like about it? What form is it? Liquid, capsule, tabs?
Much love & respect!

foxieroxie007
06-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Ok finally! I have a moment to sit and talk about what's been going on! Wheeew! To say things have been so incredibly BUSY for me is an understatement. But as of today, I finally got my entry form in, plane is booked, car is booked, things are all SET! I'm in this for real now!

I'm ready. I feel so strong, I feel like I'm where I need to be. Here are some photos from today at 2 weeks out (these were taken 1 day after my refeed so prob holding a bit of water):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/2weeksoutTeamU1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/2weeksoutTeamU2.jpg

I'm definitely MUCH tighter than my first two shows and I really can't wait to get up there and celebrate what I've been able to accomplish physically. This is my best look to date, and I did it all on my own. I'm just very happy about how this entire season has been going so far, so no matter what happens, I've put my best foot forward.

I posted on my website a little bit of my free posing routine that I've been playing around with. I'm MUCH leaner now than in this video which was shot at 4 weeks out:

http://youtu.be/IjQ1j8EKEfY

I really think that doing the routine is my most FAVORITE part of this division. I'm so happy that I've decided to make the switch. It feels amazing for my body and I feel like I'm really doing all of this "for real" now. I feel like I can finally say that yes, I build my body for perfection, thus I am a bodybuilder. It's a whole new ballgame now.

Diet wise, things are pretty much the same.

I'm still cycling carbs. I have fats in my plan my macros are the following:

Training Days:
Pro – 177g
Carbs – 118g
Fat – 44g

Non Training Days or Cardio Days:
Pro – 177g
Carbs – 79g
Fat – 61g

Refeed Day (weekly)
Pro – 135g
Carbs – 284 to 350g
Fats – 46g

I'm training with weights about 5x a week. I'm doing about 1hr and 20 mins of cardio PER WEEK (Mon 30mins outdoor run in the AM, Tues 15m HIIT, 20 mins SS post workout Friday, 15 mins HIIT Sat). I use yohimbine for my cardio on Monday, Tues, and Saturday. For your question CurvyGirl - I use Primaforce Yohimbine HCL. It's straight yohimbine, pill form. I take about 10-12.5mg before cardio (about 20 mins or so). And that's it. No other fat burners or anything, I just kind of let my diet do what it do. It's been great actually. I feel sometimes I can actually FEEL the fat being burned off by azz, lol. Certain areas always get tingly and hot to the touch (thighs, hips, butt area, sometimes my back, it's crazy). But it works well. I don't cycle it or anything, and again I only take it for cardio when I've got it scheduled.

All and all, I'm just really happy to be going home! I miss my family, and so it will be great to be back there and see them, and share this amazing experience with them.

So my focus right now.... Team U.

But I can't rest too much because the next stop on the train will be the USAs! I'm going for the gold baby!

curvygirl
06-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Woot Woot Roxie! You are looking faboo! Saw your post on FB too! Been missing your lovely self!

I could not agree more about the posing routine being the absolute best part of WPD! I love love love that you can bring real personal style, flair & flavor to the stage...especially if you can "move!" AND girl that is why I became an instant fan & follower! You smoked at the LA Grand Prix!

You have beautiful movement! The placement of your arms, toes pointed, fingers flared in just the right way, follow through on a move, etc! Must be that dance background! :D

Thank you for the info on the yohimbine and also sharing your diet macro nutrient counts. Even though I am well into my first official “off-season,” I am using this time to review what worked and what did not as far as diet, supplements and conditioning for my novice season. That way when I go to design my next contest prep I have an arsenal of information and “tools” to work with. ~ lol! I did indeed add the exact brand of yohimbine you mention above to my kit for next prep. I also think you are dead on as far as letting the diet do the work first in combination with training & cardio. And then only add those additional supplements as needed to tweak and refine for the “finishing” touches. It makes absolute sense.

I am very excited for you & hoping that Team U brings you great experiences both on & off the stage! Looking forward to hearing all about it & seeing lots of pics

Much respect & love!

foxieroxie007
06-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Woot Woot Roxie! You are looking faboo! Saw your post on FB too! Been missing your lovely self!

I could not agree more about the posing routine being the absolute best part of WPD! I love love love that you can bring real personal style, flair & flavor to the stage...especially if you can "move!" AND girl that is why I became an instant fan & follower! You smoked at the LA Grand Prix!

You have beautiful movement! The placement of your arms, toes pointed, fingers flared in just the right way, follow through on a move, etc! Must be that dance background! :D

Thank you for the info on the yohimbine and also sharing your diet macro nutrient counts. Even though I am well into my first official “off-season,” I am using this time to review what worked and what did not as far as diet, supplements and conditioning for my novice season. That way when I go to design my next contest prep I have an arsenal of information and “tools” to work with. ~ lol! I did indeed add the exact brand of yohimbine you mention above to my kit for next prep. I also think you are dead on as far as letting the diet do the work first in combination with training & cardio. And then only add those additional supplements as needed to tweak and refine for the “finishing” touches. It makes absolute sense.

I am very excited for you & hoping that Team U brings you great experiences both on & off the stage! Looking forward to hearing all about it & seeing lots of pics

Much respect & love!

Thanks chica! Yeah it's been an amazing ride. I wish that I could get in here more often to post but it gets crazy trying to get to the gym, take care of clients, take care of my plans, and getting ready for the show and now packing! LOL But I love the frenzy.

You're so welcomed about the info. Learning what to do and what not to do with consideration of what others have done is definitely one way to go about things. Even the most well versed have acquired the knowledge base they have. It's out there, you just got to look.

-----------

Things are sailing away. My period came this week, and it's always that YES! feeling when it comes on time around show time because nothing sucks more than having your period ON show day! Which happened to me EVERY DAMN SHOW last year lol. Thankfully my cycle culminates about a week before each show I plan on doing this year. Except for my weight being up a little, no big water retention.

Today was my refeed. Here's what went down:

M1: Big ass bowl of uncooked oats w/ ice cold almond milk topped with brown sugar splenda and full sugar Gingerbread syrup!

M2: 2 Smores Pop Tar...ts

M3: 1 IHop Belgian Waffle (no butter or toppings) with 2 regular syrup packages

M4: A crapton of sushi post workout #1 (HEAVY back and chest)

M5: 3 Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies and 1 Oatmal Raisin cookie - bakery fresh ones

Did some work on my computer, then I fell asleep for like an hour in a hard coma.

Now I'm about to hit the gym for strength workout #2 - heavy shoulders/bi's/tri's and abs.

No cardio today.

Post workout will be dinner, a bowl of spaghetti, tomato sauce, and extra lean ground beef.

I didn't count macros nor calories this time. I just ate. I knew what I was going to eat, and sort of planned that. But I simply ate until I felt full and went about my way. I feel great. At this point in my diet I'm so damn depleted that I don't retain much post refeed. I get fuller and more vascular as the day goes on, and within about 2 days all water is flushed. Especially if I keep water high in the days following the refeed. Here I am in the midst of my refeed taken about 30 mins ago lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/refeedJune282012.jpg

Yesterday I posted a pic where I put together a progression on my changes in conditioning over the last 10 weeks since the LA Grand Prix. This is the pic I posted. The last one in Gold was taken 2 days ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/10weeksApriltoJune.jpg

And look who shared my photo on Facebook!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/CoreyShare.jpg

That made my entire day! When I first decided to switch divisions I spent a lot of time watching videos on YouTube of Cory and Lenda. I watched their posing routines and how they performed them, the kind of poses they did, the fluidity in their movement. I studied pics of them on stage and from shoot and tried to at first copy what I saw, but what eventually became me finding what angles look best on MY frame. She (and Lenda as well) has been an real inspiration of mine since the late 80s when I first started watching bodybuilding shows on TV and seeing muscle mags. I didn't even know she knew I existed so to get her to comment on a photo of me was very flattering, even if it is something as small as Facebook. It's really funny how people can touch you and give you that little boost of confidence when they didn't intend to or even really give second thought about it. I feel really ready to just do my best, no matter what. Now, the control is out of my hands and the work is done. It's time to start to ENJOY this final leg of the race. I can see the final 200 meters ahead, and I'm putting the sprint into high gear!

Team Universe - 9 Days Out

Bronwyn
06-29-2012, 03:19 AM
WOW you are in touch with Lenda and Corey :) I am totaly jeallous (as those two are the the strong two motivation for me).
Good luck.
With the period I see what you mean, last three shows the same happen to me... :s yikes. I have a huge PMS including cramps and vomiting, so prep for a show is pretty difficult with it.

The Prodigy
07-10-2012, 01:13 AM
Hey girl! Whose doing your hair/makeup for USA's?

curvygirl
07-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Hey Mama!
Just stopping by to give some love & support! You looked fantastic at Team U! I was soooo cheering you on from my corner of the world.
Know you are refocusing for the next go! Stay strong & keep on killing it! You WILL achieve your dream!
Stay Foxie smart Roxie!
x0x0x

trishisfit
07-11-2012, 04:26 PM
You have a great base for physique! The great thing about switching over is that now you have the chance to reach your full potential & grow! I felt the same way when I competed in figure...just standing there on stage sucked! Best of luck to you!

michelle beck
07-11-2012, 08:43 PM
What up Roxie!?! I didn't know you had a journal here too! :p I wish I would have run into you at Team U. You looked great and I can't wait to see what you bring to the USA's. I know you are going to rock it on stage!

foxieroxie007
02-18-2013, 09:47 PM
*Cough* *Cough*

Ok sorry, that was the sound of me blowing the dust off of this old thing. Now I know, I've been missing in action for about 6 months, things got SO crazy last year with my blitz of competing that I really had to take a step back and just focus on the task at hand. However this time around I do hope to be a lot more consistent and focused when it comes to journaling here (as well as participating more in all of yours).

So what's been going on... Well it had been a whirlwind season to say the least. I had a very successful transition to the WPD. Looking back, holy crap I had no idea what to expect or really what my body was capable of. Team U was excellent. 4th place, missing that pro card by one placing. USA's, by the time I hit the stage my conditioning was off and I was holding water. I was DRY that morning, but by stage time, I missed the mark, placed 8th. I'm not one to take my own "failures" lightly, it fuels me to work harder. When I came in second call out, I marched off the stage right up to Kim Oddo. Shook the man's hand and said, ok I need to work with you. And then I became an Angel. Kim took me and beat my ass into serious conditioning. We hit up the NPC Sacramento where I won that show, then the next week we hit Nationals where I placed 6th. Not bad for Nationals, the line up was not too big but it was steep, probably the most competitive show for the entire season for me. We were happy, so our goal is to now kill the hell out of 2013 and I am READY!

Here's a little collage of what transpired for me look wise last season:

NPC Grand Prix (Los Angeles, CA) - Overall
Emerald Cup - 2nd Place Class C (1 point btw me and 1st place girl!)
Team U - 4th
USAs - 8th
Nats - 6th

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/FullYearFront_zps87376afa.jpg
Direct Link - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/FullYearFront_zps87376afa.jpg - bigger pic

Direct Link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/FullYearBack_zps988b072c.jpg - bigger pic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/FullYearBack_zps988b072c.jpg

So the task at hand since Nationals has been building SIZE. Nats was the smallest I've ever been in my life. Like wind could have blown my ass over and I would be on the floor. I was 126 lbs, and IMO too small. We had to deplete a lot because I was holding water like a mofo. Period started the DAY BEFORE prejudging, plus I caught this nasty cold I call "The Angels Hack" since all of us who went to the Sac Show before Nats (including Kim) got really sick! lol. I almost lost a lung. Anyways. Still though, I needed more size.

So I've been on a mission since then to build up my body, to eat, to grow, to rest, and get ready for this new year. I'm pretty pleased with where I am.

This was taken about 2 weeks ago.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/PhotoGrid_1360266038300_zps387319e5.jpg

I was around 157 lbs here.

For my off season I've been working on my own, doing my own programming and diet. But I send Kim photos monthly so he can tell me what needs to be done as far as filling out my frame. My training has been pretty intense the last few months. My split is as follows:

Mon - Back, biceps, hams
Tues - Chest, triceps, quads
Wed - Legs (power/strength) Glute/Ham Emphasis
Thurs - Shoulders
Fri - Biceps Triceps
Sat - Legs - Compound Motions - Mixed reps
Sun Off

No cardio. Calories were around 2600-2800/Day, 280-300g of carbs made up a lot of that. Supplement wise I had my normal stuff like multi, Vit C, Vit D, Super B Complex, Fish Oils, Creatine (5-10g/day), BCAA (5-10g/day around workouts). I also decided to include Halo For Her since I knew I had a short amount of time between my off season and prep, and that I only needed to put on a little bit of size. I did 1 cycle for 5 weeks and grew like a weed. My cycle ended like 3 weeks ago. Here's what that progress looks like. The first photo was the start of my Halo cycle and then the last taken the week of my diet clean up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/cocokisses/NovtoFeb-HaloOsta_zps672a5645.jpg

Since last week though, I started cleaning up the diet and added 15 mins of cardio for 3 days. As of Saturday I'm back on a fat loss plan. My calories are at 2100 right now, carbs are still high sitting around 205g/day. Starting this week I'll be doing 20 mins of cardio 4 days this week. I feel like I'm leaning out already, AND I'M HUNGRY! Good signs!

In any case, here we go! I'm about 17.5 weeks out now (a little more than that). I'll be taking myself all the way down to 12 weeks out then it's back on board with Kim. I prefer to come to him already ready to go without having to move heaven and earth to get ready so he can really help me tie things in without getting too crazy.

I'll stat logging my workouts tomorrow and details about my diet as well. Oh and I'll update my photo likely next week when my current meal plan cycle is due for an update.

17.5 weeks out - HERE WE GO!

Sunnyday
02-18-2013, 10:47 PM
Hey there, Stranger! Welcome back! :hugme:

PFEPerformance
02-19-2013, 01:14 PM
HELLOOOOOO there stranger - SOOO understand needing to take a step back and deal with the job(s) at hand.....!!! Sometimes/some days its all you can do to get in your work day, food, training, and pillow much less remember to hit your journal! LOL

Looking forward to your progress - HIGH FIVE for all your accomplishments so far!!

sce0027
02-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Hey there! You fit right into the physique world! Way to keep the progress going, looking forward to seeing future contest pics!

foxieroxie007
02-21-2013, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys for the welcome! I'm ready for the ride. I think this is going to be a very exciting year for me. I love this division, I'm so ready to get back in the game.

curvygirl
02-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Wooo Hoooo! Foxie Roxie is back in the house! Love you much girl!

What a whirlwind year 2012 was for you!!! I cannot imagine doing that many shows! And to be that tiny at your height! I was 125 for my second show last year and I am only 5'4" o_O Pretty sure I will be around 128 this year for the first show. So hard to hold onto
the muscle when natty & cutting!

I was curious about the Halo for Her. Is it a pro-hormone? What did you like about it? Side effects, good & bad? I wonder sometimes if I should bump things up a notch & try a product to help in the bulk cycle...but I do worry at my age about messing with already off kilter hormones :D

Boy Kim Oddo is something else! I do think if & when the time comes that I choose to hit the National stage, he would be my first choice as a prep coach for the homestretch into the competition. Better start saving my pennies now! :D

Well here you go! I have a feeling your 17.5 weeks are going to fly by and soon we will be cheering you as you hit the National stage again!

Keep on Killing It! You look amazing! Always an inspiration to me!
((((Big Cyber Hug))))
Elise (aka Curvy Girl)