PDA

View Full Version : what do you think?

fightingfit
01-02-2012, 12:58 AM
hey folks, im new here, have been a amateur boxer for the past 7 years, but have done myself an injury and may not step in the ring again, i have been interested in bodybuilding for sometime and thought maybe i could head down that road if i cannot box again. I have alot of work today, i have an okay base from alot of strength training but am carryign at least 20% bodyfat..i read alot about genetics and good structure and i dont know where i sit in regards to this..id consider competing in probably bikini for a start then work my way into figure..from these pictures do you think i have any chance of building off this structure..please be honest !

juiceinator3000
01-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Definitely have a good base. Start hitting the weights, pay your dues like you did with boxing and I see good things in your future. You have a cute beach body, but to compete definitely gonna have to put on some muscle.

fightingfit
01-02-2012, 01:20 AM
Thank you, what sort of time frame should i be looking at for competing..i have been weight training only for about 4-5 months....havent been the strictest diet wise, but am getting on top of that now that holiday season is going byebyes. and what areas specifically should i be concentrating on?

juiceinator3000
01-02-2012, 01:29 AM
I don't know what you wanna compete in exactly, figure, bikini, woman's physique, or bodybuilding, but definitely delts and back could use some prioritizing it looks like to me. If you're looking to compete in bodybuilding, I'm going to forewarn you that you have a ways to go. I think you can be ready to do some warmup show in women's physique by the end of the year if you really put the time and focus in. Bodybuilding takes years, and I think personally especially in the npc you're not going to want to go that route with the amount of drugs needed to compete. Physique division is gonna grow big in the next few years, work on putting as much muscle on that upper body as you can. Looks like you have an easy time building legs from a quick glance, but if you're done with boxing, gonna need to grow those a little too because when you diet down they're gonna get tiny. Btw I always wanted to box :) and I woulda had an awesome trainer for free, just never had the time.

fightingfit
01-02-2012, 01:36 AM
Id start in bikini division i think and move into figure in a few years.Its hard because the categories are different over here, i dont think they actually have a "bikini" division, and i think it might take me a good year or two to be big enough for figure..im not interested in bb category, as id rather not put anything unnatural in the tank...and again, the availability of that sort of stuff over here is not easy (new zealand)
Ashamably( i may have made that word up) i only started working my legs about 5 months ago, very under-rated in boxing...not only did they shape up quickly, my boxing game increased ten fold...and i hope im not done with boxing..i have fractured my back however..can still lift though thank fuck. So what is my next step, i feel i have alot of bodyfat hiding my gains..but how to lose fat and still gain, this sport has more science involved than boxing :/

juiceinator3000
01-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Shit I just saw you're in new Zealand. Well that changes things lol. Anyway first off steroids are everywhere :) lol. And yea I think a solid 1-2 years will put you into the figure category. And building muscle while keeping body fat levels is always a challenge, I would say you're not outrageous and definitely 18-20% bf from your pics, so that's pretty accurate. For now I would structure my diet and train my ass off. I don't think the BF is hiding gains so much, I think you need more muscle. Fuck bikini, I say skip that category. And that was the reason my friend wanted to train me, he said my legs were strong as shit and my arms are freakishly long for my height. What's your current diet like? Eating 6 meals a day? And current training?

fightingfit
01-02-2012, 01:58 AM
Yes little old NZ, there are not alot of opportunities to compete over here unfortunately. Prob easier to get a pro card though, less competition :P hmm i will keep training and see where i end up, i have made quite signigicant gains i feel in the few months i have been lifting. I lift 4-5 days a week, one or two body parts per day, typical bb split i guess. Cardio 3-5 times a week, am very limited to what i can do cardio wise with fractured back. Eat 5-7 times a day, probably a bit high carbo, need to restructure diet now that im not fighting, dont need so much carbs for energy! But def need to knuckle down on the diet, i eat protein with nearly every meal in ways of lean meats, shake before and after w/o..plenty of veges..

juiceinator3000
01-02-2012, 02:06 AM
Just keep doing what you're doing. I'm gonna send you a link, the girls here can help you out too. Maybe you can start a training log and jot your workouts and get advice from a female perspective too.
Women's Bodybuilding, Figure, Fitness & Bikini - RX Muscle Forums
Women's Training Journals - RX Muscle Forums

fightingfit
01-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Thank you for your replies and advice, very much appreciated :)

juiceinator3000
01-02-2012, 02:12 AM
No problem Hun. Always here to help :)

GarlicChicken
01-02-2012, 02:42 AM
If you're looking to do figure I would say concentrate on bringing up overall muscle with special attention to delts and arms. Your legs look like they already have a decent amount of muscle, but you're gonna have to diet down to see where they are really at. You've got a great base, and you obviously have the drive to get the training done since you're a boxer. Just gotta get the diet thing down, its a pain. I am no expert though, so hopefully one of the judges will comment soon on the thread you started in the physique critique section. Be warned they tend to be a little slow in response it seems, they are probably not on that much. I would also like to echo juice's idea to skip bikini. Go straight for figure or physique. You've got a good base and you're a good looking girl, no need to short change yourself in my opinion. I would also suggest hiring a good diet coach if you have the resources to do so. I can't wait until I have the money to do so lol. Hope this helps.

Nice tats by the way ;) I like your style lol

GarlicChicken
01-02-2012, 02:47 AM
I just saw your training journal thread and the pics in it...you've already got some good mass built in your arms, so I would really concentrate on shoulders and legs, while continuing to train everything else. With your build you should do well.

fightingfit
01-02-2012, 02:57 AM
Thanks GarlicChicken! I have had a successful local BB draw me up a food plan..which i should probably get back on track with :P the holiday season has been a bit of a blow out food wise..and my gym has been closed an awful lot so am suffering, all shall be back to normal within the next week or so however.
I do have alot of motivation and discipline training wise, its my diet that lets me down, though i dont eat terribly..just my portion sizes need a wee tweek.
Thanks for your feedback...i was hoping to compete at some stage this year, obviously much later down the track but i dont think id be big enough to compete in figure this year..?

GarlicChicken
01-02-2012, 03:27 AM
Thanks GarlicChicken! I have had a successful local BB draw me up a food plan..which i should probably get back on track with :P the holiday season has been a bit of a blow out food wise..and my gym has been closed an awful lot so am suffering, all shall be back to normal within the next week or so however.
I do have alot of motivation and discipline training wise, its my diet that lets me down, though i dont eat terribly..just my portion sizes need a wee tweek.
Thanks for your feedback...i was hoping to compete at some stage this year, obviously much later down the track but i dont think id be big enough to compete in figure this year..?

Oh I feel you on the holidays...mine were a wreck lol. Between finals, holidays, stress, and new years partying I've done a number on myself lol.

I'm not sure about competing in figure this soon, I am no expert on the matter. I think you can always compete, especially at a local show. If you feel like doing bikini this year, then I say go with what your heart desires. Get the experience, that way you'll know if competing for you or not. I'm personally pretty content just being a gym rat lol. Although I might do a small show in the next year or two.

78up
01-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Def hit the wheels hard. If your back allows Squat low(for your booty and quads), dead lifts, and hit the leg press varying feet placement to hit your quads from every angle. If your back doesn't allow you to dead lift and squat def concentrate on the leg press.

Looks like your arms are in great shape. ^^^^These guys can help you out a lot. Lots of seasoned peeps here willing to help!

Nice pics. I'm sure you will do well!

juiceinator3000
01-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Def hit the wheels hard. Squat low(for your booty and quads), dead lifts, and hit the leg press varying feet placement to hit your quads from every angle.

Looks like your arms are in great shape. ^^^^These guys can help you out a lot. Lots of seasoned peeps here willing to help!

Nice pics. I'm sure you will do well!

I'd advise against your first couple exercises in her current predicament. But yea, she needs to size up the legs and she knows it.

78up
01-02-2012, 09:21 PM
I'd advise against your first couple exercises in her current predicament. But yea, she needs to size up the legs and she knows it.

Yeah I reread her post and edited my post. Prolly not a gpod idea to squat and dead lift with a hurt back!

juiceinator3000
01-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Yeah I reread her post and edited my post. Prolly not a gpod idea to squat and dead lift with a hurt back!

Yah. Like to see her do some big things, but her injury seems pretty serious right now. Plenty of exercises for legs that don't stress the spine or back.

fightingfit
01-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Heeey, thanks guys, i am able to squat, i always squat low, love the burn, only able to squat about 75/80lbs currently with back issue, deadlifts are no good however! i press about 220 comfortably currently..so everything but deads..it doesnt so much hurt my back i injury, it just causes the lower muscles surrounding to go into spasm and i get stuck half way down..feed back from physique post from a jude, start in bikini..and that i have a good small waist :)

juiceinator3000
01-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Try front squats. I wouldn't load any weight on that back till it heals up. Or hit machines and end with squats.

fightingfit
01-03-2012, 12:10 AM
should i be able to go heavier with front squats, i have only ever done them light during a crossfit type training...and have always warmed up with squats lol..happy to change things up though, whatever gets me the progress !

juiceinator3000
01-03-2012, 12:24 AM
should i be able to go heavier with front squats, i have only ever done them light during a crossfit type training...and have always warmed up with squats lol..happy to change things up though, whatever gets me the progress !

No they take a while to build strength but it should take pressure off ur back