PDA

View Full Version : Mjays training journal..

fightingfit
01-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Hi guys, need somewhere to track progress and some people to help with accountability and some ass whooping. Im 23 years old and have fractured my back which has squashed another dream of mine in the boxing world..i have been fighting for 4 seasons and after 2011 ranked 3rd nationally in my weight division..i fought for the national title with a fractured back (unknown at time) and am now very damaged..anyway, enough of the sob story, i have always had an interest in weight training and have followed many competitors on facebook, since lifting weights is about the only thing i can do right now i thought i might give myself a new goal, to compete someday..so this is my journey to the stage..and this is where im at right now..i have along way to go..im not sure what category i will be shooting for, im in New Zealand and categories are a bit diff..maybe bikini(or whatever is similiar) and work into figure..and hopefully oneday i will be back in the ring.

juiceinator3000
01-02-2012, 02:25 AM
Good luck with the back injury :) and btw I know inba and nabba hold shows in NZ

AussieMuscle
01-02-2012, 07:22 AM
Howdy Kiwi. Good luck getting on track. Post here and post often..

fightingfit
01-03-2012, 12:12 AM
hello neighbour :P im hitting the gym tomorrow with a friend, i am out of town but am making her take me to her gym, its a bodybuilders gym and im excited to see whats in there, sucks over here, the gym is shut alot over the christmas and new years period :/

katt981
01-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Good luck! Will be following along! :)

Sunnyday
01-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Welcome! Some great info here and also tons of support.

I compete in figure. Been dealing with a nasty case of scoliosis my entire life. My husband retired from the Army after a near-death parachuting accident in which he fractured 5 vertebrae (and still walks!). We're no strangers to rehabbing back injuries and finding work-arounds to keep active. :) I'll be following along.

fightingfit
01-06-2012, 02:43 AM
Thanks Sunnyday, back injuries are really not ideal, the only training i sometimes really struggle with is legs. Any recommendations..im currently doing hamcurls..leg ext..leg press..squats..split squats...im wondering how much impact these might be putting on my back..

In other news made a wee gain this week, pressed 352lbs on wednesday...up nearly 100lbs from last best. was 8 reps.going for 440 by the time my birthday rolls round..(june)

Also been really struggling with eating these last few weeks..this holiday season and lack of routine is really not ideal. Was my first day today of competely clean eating..im sitting at 122.5lbs currently.

Its weird focusing on diet so much in a healthy manner, i spent 7 years of my teens battling anorexia... this lifestyle is so much more rewarding.