PDA

View Full Version : Darielle Gaines' Journey to Being A Mom!

Darielle
01-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Hey RxMuscle Family! :hmn: After spending enough time reading and not enough time writing, I've decided to contribute to the RxGirl boards and start tracking my progress through my prep. I'm excited to share with you all what this bikini competitor does on a prep, as well as leading up to it. A little bit about myself: I began training when I was about 16 yrs old (Now, 25) during a difficult time in my life and training was able to mentally pull me into another state of mind. 4 years later, once realizing my passion was in fitness, I decide to become a certified personal trainer (NASM/NSCA). A few years after that, my desire to bring my training to the next level was so high that I literally would be asking anyone around me in the gym what else I could do to challenge myself. That's when I was introduced to the NPC, where I've fallen in love with competing and the lifestyle.

In 2009 I made the decision to compete, and loving the look of Figure, I aimed for a show in mid 2010 to compete in the division. 2 months out from the show, I realize I do not have the muscle fullness they look for in Figure and with a lot of hesitation, I switch to Bikini. I had the same preconceived views as most people did (and I'm sure still do) on bikini girls and that's what made me initially not want to compete in that category. But since the day I've made the switch, my training intensity has not gone down and I had just as many 'rough days' during prep. This is what has kept me going..aside from the fact that I know I've learned to have fun with it, each day is still a challenge, and that is what got me started in the first place. I still train heavy and prefer carbs and weight-lifting over cardio any day. Who knows, maybe I'll be journaling as a Figure competitor in the next couple years! ;)

So since I've competed, my show history has been:

Panama City Southern USA/Shannon Dey Classic 5/10 - 3rd
Southern States 6/10
All South 11/10 - 4th
Lake City Gateway Classic 5/11 - 2nd
Panama City Southern USA 5/11 2nd
Jr. USA's 5/11 - 6th
Jr. National's 6/11 - 3rd
Team Universe 7/11 - 8th

I'm pumped to get back on stage this year..especially after coming down off of a Horrible rebound since Team U. I will be doing things during my prep very differently this year, starting with a change in my coach..my boyfriend Aaron "Jewbacca" Singerman will be coaching me to my Pro Card and I have full confidence in him :jewbacca:! My plan for 2012 is NPC Pittsburgh in May and Jr USA'S 2 weeks later, competing to become as IFBB Pro.

Show prep will be in full action in less than 1 month, on Feb. 1st! My current diet consists of whole, clean proteins..a few meals of carbs and fats like avocado, PB and mac oil in the remaining. I allow myself little cheats throughout the week, but try to keep it to only 2 days/week. I still attempt to prepare my meats in bulk and measure out my macros, BUT, since Aaron told me I'll be starting prep in a month, I've kiiiinda lightened up a bit lol I don't eat anything close to junk food but I'm going to give myself a mental break for the next month and even lighten the cardio. I lost a lot of muscle at the end of my last prep, so I've been lifting as heavy as possible to regain my strength and fill the muscles back up. My split is currently:

Day 1- Legs
Day 2- Chest, tricep & abs
Day 3- Back & biceps
Day 4- Off
Day 5- Legs & abs
Day 6- Shoulders
Day 7- Off
Up until a few weeks ago, I had only 1 leg day and Arms (tri's and bi's) had it's own day.
Cardio is 30-45 minutes 4-5 days/week on Stairmaster or Arc Trainer.

I feel good about the gains I've made in the gym this off-season and ready to see the difference in how I look this year...I'll track some of my workouts and when prep hits, I'm sure I'll be hitting this thread up to keep myself sane on the tough days! Thank you guys for taking the time to read this and keep up with my journal..I hope for some good convo and feedback from everyone :)

The Prodigy
01-02-2012, 10:37 PM
YAHOO! Your here! Can't wait to follow along! Don't worry...your secrets are safe with me! LOL!:hmn:

Sunnyday
01-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Hey Darielle! Congrats on deciding to start a journal...great to have you here on the boards! Subscribed! :)

Darielle
01-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Lol Thanks Gail! Didn't take too much arm twisting! :D

Darielle
01-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Hey Darielle! Congrats on deciding to start a journal...great to have you here on the boards! Subscribed! :)

This will be a first, but I'm looking forward to tracking progress..thanks for reading!

Aaron Singerman
01-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Yay!!! I'm glad you have gotten more active on the boards, Babe! Together we are going to make this journal from an NPC Show prep to an IFBB Show Prep Journal!

sassy69
01-02-2012, 11:57 PM
New year, new you, as they say! Thx for sharing the journey w/ us Darielle!

stephaniewicked
01-03-2012, 04:48 AM
Awesome, girl!! So excited to follow your journey. I'm doing Jr USAs also!!

AussieMuscle
01-03-2012, 05:06 AM
I will be following along. Good luck for 2012..

Does Sir Jewbacca's diet consist of pop-tarts?

tammyp
01-03-2012, 05:25 AM
cool! im in!

Darielle
01-03-2012, 06:50 AM
I will be following along. Good luck for 2012..

Does Sir Jewbacca's diet consist of pop-tarts?

Lol, no...:( Only Oreo's.

Darielle
01-03-2012, 06:55 AM
Awesome, girl!! So excited to follow your journey. I'm doing Jr USAs also!!

Woop woop! :beerbang: (<~replace with water ;) )

BeccaStaggs
01-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Nice first post, lady!! Pretty much the same thing that happened to me. Nice to have you representing bikini!! Happy prepping and cheers to a great 2012!:flowers:

AussieMuscle
01-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Lol, no...:( Only Oreo's.

Oreo's are overrated..

If Jewbacca comes to Aussie, Tim Tams will blow his mind..

http://tizona.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/tumblr_licri1kglw1qbwpuuo1_500.jpg

VIKKI
01-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Great First blog Darielle. Looking forward to keeping up with your training this season. So nice to learn alittle bit more about you and your past :):)

Sandpig
01-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Awesome, I'm in too.

katt981
01-03-2012, 11:28 AM
In X2 ! :)

Darielle
01-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Here's a latest video of my shoulder workout, taken last week...on my 4th set, a little struggle on the way up but gettin it done!:lift:

4jQX0f1ikpk

The Big Sexy
01-03-2012, 02:01 PM
You are using AARON as your prep coach? Why not use PJ? :)

hehe *pipebomb*

The Big Sexy
01-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Sorry Aaron, I'm still salty at you for only having a 10 day beard challenge.

The Big Sexy
01-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Darielle - aren't you already qualified for nationals? Top 5 at a national level show gets a 2 year qual... and you also finished top 5 in shows in 2011... which would give you the next calendar year... so, you are technically qual'd through 2013... are you just doing the Pitt show to get some exposure or momentum going into Jr. USAs?

Darielle
01-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Lol, 2 weeks is the MAX, Mr Sexy! And I Was talking to PJ about him prepping me but since Aaron sees me everyday and he's good at show preps, I'm putting my full faith in him.

Darielle
01-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Darielle - aren't you already qualified for nationals? Top 5 at a national level show gets a 2 year qual... and you also finished top 5 in shows in 2011... which would give you the next calendar year... so, you are technically qual'd through 2013... are you just doing the Pitt show to get some exposure or momentum going into Jr. USAs?

Yep, exactly. Im qualified but I've never done a big NPC show so thought Pittsburgh would be a great show to do since its right before Jr USAs, build momentum!

Darielle
01-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Today was a good day bc I ate carbs, and lots of em! ;-) Won't be saying that very soon so making sure I enjoy each day. I trained chest/ triceps today:

Incline DB Press- 15,12,10,10. Last 2 working sets with 40lbs (my personal best so far for 10 reps...I've gone 45lb DB for 8 but only with a spot)

Cable high crossovers- 10,12,12,20 (final set was drop set)

Bodyweight dips- 12,12

Seated Machine Flies- 10,10,10

Machine (forgot which brand) Chest Press- 15,15,15

DB tricep kickbacks- 12,15,15 (final 2 are drop set 20lb to 15lb) superset with 15 bench dips (3 sets)

Overhead Rope Extension- 10,10,10

**i threw in 5 sets of abs at the end, nothing fancy just some crunch variations 25-30 reps each

I always love to lift heavy but I also generally like to throw in some high reps towards the end to feel a "burn out" in the muscle. Drop sets are also something I love incorporating in.

No cardio for me today! I probably would have done some after my workout but had to get back to work...once I begin prep, I'll be doing 30 min cardio 6 days/week 1st thing in the morning (to start). Not only did I Not do cardio, but for my post workout meal I got a Publix chicken wrap which I Never have and if anyone is from Florida and knows publix, they know how Bomb they are!
I almost feel like I'm going through a pre-contest bucket list of everything I want to eat before the diet begins! Funny how I wasn't thinking like that until a few days ago...oh well, it's the simple things right? ;-)

Darielle
01-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Video from me and Aaron's cruise to Mexico last month..just got it up on youtube..gym was wayyyy better than I expected!!

hIEU5aXBU08

The Prodigy
01-04-2012, 02:04 PM
I totally create a bucket list at 4 weeks out and make sure I get it all in! I thought I was the only one who did this! LOL!!!

How many days a week do you weight train?

Darielle
01-04-2012, 04:02 PM
No you're definitely not alone! ;-)

I'm training 5 days/week... Usually stick with 3 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 1 day off. But today I'm actually not feeling too well (felt a possible sinus infection earlier) so I'm taking today off and doing Back tomorrow.

I saw a girl who competes in bikini write on FB today that she doesn't train chest because she's a girl...THose are the girls giving us a bad name!! Sorry had to get that off my chest (no pun intended). :-)

Support IronMagLabs.com!

Ltl Leah
01-04-2012, 04:54 PM
I will be peeking in on your prep jounal as well! ;) See you at Jr. USA's also! Enjoy your carbies while you can!

stephaniewilles
01-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Oreo's are overrated..

If Jewbacca comes to Aussie, Tim Tams will blow his mind..

http://tizona.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/tumblr_licri1kglw1qbwpuuo1_500.jpg

I want some of these!!!!!:drool::drool::drool:

stephaniewilles
01-04-2012, 05:38 PM
No you're definitely not alone! ;-)

I'm training 5 days/week... Usually stick with 3 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 1 day off. But today I'm actually not feeling too well (felt a possible sinus infection earlier) so I'm taking today off and doing Back tomorrow.

I saw a girl who competes in bikini write on FB today that she doesn't train chest because she's a girl...THose are the girls giving us a bad name!! Sorry had to get that off my chest (no pun intended). :-)

Support IronMagLabs.com!

Very nice thread and videos lady!!! Enjoy the yummy eats!! :yep:
I'll be following along!

Darielle
01-04-2012, 08:30 PM
I want some of these!!!!!:drool::drool::drool:

AGREED! Maybe Aussie Muscle wants to make a cookie trade to get some of those over here!!

Darielle
01-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Very nice thread and videos lady!!! Enjoy the yummy eats!! :yep:
I'll be following along!

Thank you!:heythere: I like adding the videos for an extra touch...I'll be doing them along the way so my progress is seen better and ANY tips you guys have for tweaking an exercise to maybe work the muscle differently, I love to hear that!! :)

Darielle
01-04-2012, 08:36 PM
I will be peeking in on your prep jounal as well! ;) See you at Jr. USA's also! Enjoy your carbies while you can!

Awesome, I'll see you there..best of luck on your prep, girl!

Ltl Leah
01-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Awesome, I'll see you there..best of luck on your prep, girl!

Thank You! :) It starts here shortly... Kinda in the mode you stated earlier... not to be so strict on myself knowing we do have a long dieting road ahead of us! I see my coach Friday! Goin' on the last hurrah's here! LOL!

FitnBuf
01-04-2012, 10:53 PM
GREAT journal Darielle!! :)

Aaron Singerman
01-04-2012, 11:58 PM
QU06yLGg1hw

Darielle
01-05-2012, 07:14 AM
QU06yLGg1hw

TOOO skinny for this one...down to 105lb, last show of 2011. The result of overdieting and overtraining which I have thankfully learned from!

This year I'll be shooting for around 112lb, holding more muscle and looking fuller :flex:

AussieMuscle
01-05-2012, 03:28 PM
AGREED! Maybe Aussie Muscle wants to make a cookie trade to get some of those over here!!

While they do look good, I can guarantee you the taste is far better than any other biscuit/cookie in the world. everyone that comes from the US overdoses while they are here.

What's your proposed trade?

Darielle
01-05-2012, 07:51 PM
While they do look good, I can guarantee you the taste is far better than any other biscuit/cookie in the world. everyone that comes from the US overdoses while they are here.

What's your proposed trade?

Hmmm how do u feel about an unlimited supply of pretzel m&m's..now those are Damn good ;)

Darielle
01-05-2012, 09:55 PM
OK so this whole "food bucket list" thing isn't working so well, i feel way too guilty! lol I've literally been trying to force myself to want to eat some bad food but can't get myself to do it. Yesterday I got peanut butter m&m's from a vending machine and that was nearly enough sweet to satisfy me for a little while! I did do pretty bad yesterday and then last night was feeling like crap. This is more to get any cravings out of my system, but Im starting to think it doesnt work like that! There will always be cravings, even eating them now, I'll still have the same ones a week into dieting and 2 months into dieting. I actually am coming to the conclusion that the more I dont eat all the sugary stuff I Usually love, the less I'll even crave it during my prep...because I'm not even really craaaving it right now, more settling for it, like "ok i guess i'll eat that BC i won't be able to soon", even if I don't want it. Up until now, I've been eating clean so no reason to change it now..i just wont restrict myself if Aaron wants to go get ice cream or a friend wants to get dinner. Now's the time to enjoy it.
SO, needless to say, today I was kind of back on track...not eating "diet" food, but just healthier foods like greek yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit..and then good ol' fashioned chicken, rice and veggies for lunch:hungry:...felt like i was on vacation and returned home! For some reason though, the nights are the hardest for me, as far as finding a good dinner to eat. So, after spending an hour tonight trying to find something good and not making up my damn mind about what to eat, I got frustrated, caved and had a piece of lasagna I made for Aaron last night:drool::nono: OK, so i wasnt COMPLETELY good today, that's what I got Feb 1st for ;)

Trained Back & Biceps today:

2 sets of Pullups to failure (warm up)

Lat Pulldown- 4 sets of 15 (I've started to do lighter weight higher reps on pulldowns and save heavier weight for another exercise. For me personally, I don't feel like I get the full range of motion when I'm going too heavy on that, so I rather get the full contraction with weight I can do for 15 or even 20 sometimes)

Hammer Strength Seated Row- 12, 10, 10 (55lb each arm for 10)

1-arm bentover DB row- 15,12,10(40lb), 10(40lb)10(25lb)dropset

superset with
DB Hammer Curls- 12, 12, 10, 10

Rope Cable Pullover- 15, 15, 15
superset with
Rope High Pulls-12, 10, 10

Preacher Curls- 15,12,10,10

No cardio again...tomorrow's leg day and will thankfully have a training partner then. That always pushes me on leg days!
Thanks for reading, TGIF tomorrow! :excited:

AussieMuscle
01-06-2012, 04:27 AM
Hmmm how do u feel about an unlimited supply of pretzel m&m's..now those are Damn good ;)

Errr we got them here, they ain't that good. In fact they are my last choice for M&Ms. Peanut butter M&Ms are far far better..

Jewbacca might come to Australia in March anyway so perhaps he can get you many packets of Tim Tams. There is one trick though. You have to bite off each end of the biscuit and then use the remainder of the biscuit to drink milk through. It is known as the Tim Tam Slam! It is amazing..

BHzMfZ1FaqA

Darielle
01-06-2012, 07:26 AM
LOL. Faaancy, that puts oreo dipping to shame!

Darielle
01-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Never got a chance to record any of my training yesterday, me and Aaron went to go eat dinner when I was done working out.
I haven't trained with someone in a little while now..last time was last year while i was competing, i had a steady training partner, my good friend who competes in figure. And last night i trained with Isabel Norton, (Layne Norton, Pro Nat. BB's wife). It was awesome having someone there to push me, especially because we were training legs and thats when I need the biggest push. If anyone gets a chance to get to Tampa and is able to workout at one of the Powerhouse's, I Highly suggest it! Me and Aaron have usually gone to the nicer one downtown where pro's like Erin Stern, Ben Pakulski, Steve Namat and many others train...but I was able to go to the "other" Powerhouse where it is so old school that when you walk in the door you literally begin sweating...its awesome! A bunch of other Pro's (quite a few Pro female BB) and powerlifters train at this one. Needless to say, its the perfect atmosphere for a workout! :yep:

It IS hard to find a lot of girls that will train on the same intensity level, no matter what type of training you do. There are maybe only a handful of girls that I've actually used as training partners..mostly because I love going heavy, so I want someone to push me and be about the same level also. My other girlfriends, I end up training them in the workout and thats not what I want when I'm working out!
So the leg workout was:

Squats (Wide, below parallel, almost ATF): 5 sets 8-12 reps (135lb for 8, not great, need to improve here)

Straight leg deadlifts: 3 sets 12 reps

superset with
Single Leg Press (deep): 3 sets 12 reps

Leg Extensions (toes out): 3 sets of 10

superset with
Low Sissy Squats: 3 sets of 12

Lying Hamstring Curls: 3 sets of 10

Stationary Lunges: 3 sets of 10

superset with
Plyo Split Squats: 10 each side

Calf Raises on Leg Press: 3 sets of 15-20

*Picture at the end of the workout...If you're wondering why Isabel is wearing an old school cassette player, it's actually a mini EKG machine (just some tests, nothing serious). She had 10 stickies hooked up to her monitoring her heart rhythms (Dr's orders) for the day and this girl is SO hardcore that she still trained legs with me with wires hooked up. :cool: Isabel is Awesome and so is Layne!

Sunnyday
01-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Niiiice leg WO! Especially the supers.

I am with you on the training partners. Like you, I find I end up training the training partner rather than getting a mutually encouraging hardcore WO, so now I always fly solo. :)

Ltl Leah
01-07-2012, 09:10 PM
It IS hard to find a lot of girls that will train on the same intensity level, no matter what type of training you do. There are maybe only a handful of girls that I've actually used as training partners..mostly because I love going heavy, so I want someone to push me and be about the same level also.
So true! You want that extra push out of your comfort zone. Not someone depending on you to show them how to follow out the movement. Its best to train with a fellow competitior or regular gym buddy to make the time go by FASTER, not Forever... Blessed to have my twin sis as a trainer! She knows her stuff!!

jewelisa
01-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Just caught up ! Love your journal .... Looking forward to following along!

I am lucky to have a guy training partner !:yep: and he knows what I want so he pushes me / and sometimes pushes my buttons that get me fired up !! He said I actually glared at him the other day :p Oh and his new phrase is " what would Jack say ??? " oh and " if your happy with 2nd thats cool "

All the best !

Darielle
01-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Just caught up ! Love your journal .... Looking forward to following along!

I am lucky to have a guy training partner !:yep: and he knows what I want so he pushes me / and sometimes pushes my buttons that get me fired up !! He said I actually glared at him the other day :p Oh and his new phrase is " what would Jack say ??? " oh and " if your happy with 2nd thats cool "

All the best !

Lol! THATS the kind of verbal push I need to get fired up :lift2: Aaron's gonna start training me during my prep and I know he'll take care of that!! :)

Darielle
01-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Late shoulder workout yesterday, better late than never!

Overhead DB Press:
20lb x 15
25lb x 12
30lb x 12
35lb x 10
35 x 10

Standing BB press (Olympic bar, 45lb):
15 reps x 3 sets
Superset w/

DB Lateral Raises (15lb):
10 reps x 3 sets

Rear Delt reverse Fly machine:
55lb x 15
70lb x 10
70lb x 10
superset w/

Life Fitness Shoulder Press (Palms in):
20lb x 20
20lb x 20
20lb x 20 (buuurning by the last one!)

ABS:
20 reps x 5 sets Crunches

Ate sushi for dinner, yumm! :drool:

s2h
01-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Do you utilize pop-tarts in your prep??

Aaron Singerman
01-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Do you utilize pop-tarts in your prep??

No, I eat the box before she gets to them. I do it for her.

Sunnyday
01-08-2012, 09:35 PM
No, I eat the box before she gets to them. I do it for her.

Awww...now that's love!

Darielle
01-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Awww...now that's love!

yea he really sacrifices a lot for me, I know how much he HATEs finishing those boxes of cookies every night Lol

I can only imagine what life will be like when I'm actually prepping...he's gonna be eating a lottt of poptarts for me.
Me= 115lb
Aaron= 300lb

Darielle
01-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Check out my cooking video me and Aaron made for IronMagLabs... the infamous Protein Muffin, we like to make it fun too! Let me know what ya think :p

zBF4vjWsSlw

mcstrick
01-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Hi Darielle, great posts. I'll be following along to watch your progress. :yep:

Darielle
01-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Woah still getting used to this new black screen!:hypno:
Woke up today feeling less energy than normal, not sure if it was a case of the Mondays or what, but I needed to snap myself out of it! Once I was done with my morning clients, I decided cardio might be a cure for how I was feeling. So i hopped on the Stairmill and did 30 minutes, varying levels between 5-12. I do Not do well doing steady state, same intensity cardio, regardless if its high or low, I GOTTA switch it up. Thankfully, thats the best way to burn fat so I lucked out there ;) Sometimes I'll even have to switch machines half way through because my (self-diagnosed) ADD kicks in! Well, it DID make me feel somewhat better. I decided to get some rest between clients (didn't sleep too well last night) before hitting the gym to train. So I must say, the combination of cardio and a little rest, did it for me, because I came back to the gym tonight for a great leg workout. The workout itself didn't seem to include as many exercises as normal, but my legs were shaaaaking by the middle. I gotta give credit to PJ Braun (aka BraunFitness) for lending me this leg workout, and I always feel worn out by the 2nd exercise! high reps, lower weight, ~30-45 sec rests.

Sumo Squats (deep) with Barbell (posting video):

65lb x 20
70lb x 20
70lb x 20
70lb x 20
70lb x 20 (heels elevated on platform)

Single Leg Curl (Hammer Strength):

25lb (each leg) x 15
35lb x 15
35lb x 15

Straight Leg Romanian Deadlift:

80lb x 12
90lb x 12
90lb x 12

Adductor Machine:

110 x 15
120 x 15
120 x 15
120 x 15

Abductor Machine:

130 x 15
145 x 15
145 x 15
145 x 15

Calf Machine (1 leg at a time):

[[No rest during these sets, switched back and forth]]
40 x 15
40 x 12
40 x 10
40 x 8

110lb x 10
110lb x 8

Darielle
01-09-2012, 11:09 PM
This was my 3rd set of 20 deep sumo's. Didn't want to go too heavy since I wasn't taking too much rest!

CoT7Chvc0M0

mariame
01-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Can't wait to hear about your success!

Darielle
01-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Just finished (over)packing my suitcase full of winter clothes to head up to colllld New York for Dave's S.M.A.R.T training seminar with Aaron. We leave in the morning and I'm really looking forward to the 2 days learning from Dave and Chris (Aceto)! Being a Personal Trainer, keeping up with the latest findings on the best way to train and diet is extremely important for my career..and lets face it, not everyone remembers EVERYthing theyve learning so refreshers also help big time!
One thing I've learned to do is ask questions..whether it has to do with my job or competing, the worst thing anyone can do is think they know all the answers. There's always more to learn! So thankfully, I'm about to learn from the best this weekend! :yep:

This week, I've worked cardio back in 2 times already..both for only 30 minutes. I actually feel really good about how things are going, because I'm Not really trying to worry too much about how I eat, making it a point to mentally relax, and not doing much cardio..all while maintaining at a weight of 130lb. Definitly not my ideal weight as of right now, I would have liked going into my prep around 125, but this is where i started last year so I'm not too worried. The fact that I'm maintaining is significant because for MONTHS after my last show, I would put on 4lb in one day if I so much as SMELLED a cookie..so this is a good sign my metabolism is back up n running ;)
Yesterday for my chest/tricep workout:

Barbell Incline:

45lb x 15
65lb x 12
65lb x 12
75lb x 10

DB Frenchpress (tri's):

25lb x 15
25lb x 15
25lb x 15
[[each supersetted with]]

DB Incline Press (palms facing in):

25lb x 10 >>dropset 15lb x 10

High Cable Crossovers

15lb (each side) x 15
17.5lb x 12
20lb x 10

LifeFitness machine Chest press:

*forgot the weight i used :dunno:*
15 reps x 3 sets

Tricep Bar Pressdown:

25lb x 15
30lb x 12
30lb x 12

Skullcrushers:

30lb x 15
30lb x 15
30lb x 15

Did 30 minutes cardio today on Arc Trainer (FAVORITE machine)..hope everyone had a happy HUMPDAY! :nbanana:

The Prodigy
01-12-2012, 03:35 PM
I am SOOOO jealous you get to go to NY!!!!!! Have fun and please post some highlights of your weekend!!!!

Darielle
01-12-2012, 05:35 PM
I am SOOOO jealous you get to go to NY!!!!!! Have fun and please post some highlights of your weekend!!!!

Absolutely! On cardio right now with Nola..Dave's on a treadmill behind us and Aaron is finishing his workout...tonight we have the Heavy Muscle tv show at Rx headquarters, woo hoo! Will post up some pics and updates of the weekend :-)

Support IronMagLabs.com!

The Prodigy
01-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Absolutely! On cardio right now with Nola..Dave's on a treadmill behind us and Aaron is finishing his workout...tonight we have the Heavy Muscle tv show at Rx headquarters, woo hoo! Will post up some pics and updates of the weekend :-)

Support IronMagLabs.com!

Give everyone BIG hugs from me! Have fun at the studio!

The Prodigy
01-12-2012, 09:40 PM
http://www.rxmuscle.com/rxgirl/athlete-profiles/4868-spotlight-on-npc-bikini-competitor-darielle-rose-gaines.html

Darielle
01-12-2012, 10:46 PM
U beat me to it! ;-) Thanks Gail, honored to be chosen for a spotlight!! Hugs from RxMuscle headquarters 😃

Support IronMagLabs.com!

Darielle
01-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Preview of Heavy Muscle TV show...definitely check this out..funny dude showing exotic animals Plus ME singing...eek!! 😱

Support IronMagLabs.com!

Darielle
01-31-2012, 10:48 PM
Well, the quote I live by is "We make plans, and God laughs"..and boy has he been cracking up lately! I have been M.I.A on the forums for the past couple weeks because of my rollercoaster emotions with what my future holds.
I am proud to announce that me and Aaron will be expecting a little bundle of joy in September. Yep, I'm preggers! Nothing can describe the emotion that has been running through me the past 2 weeks and the joy it has also brought me! We had the first doctors appontment yesterday and was able to hear the heartbeat, at 8 1/2 weeks...absolutely amazing. Although plans have changed, that will not not stop me from working out...SO, i hope you all follow along as this pregnant chick trains! ;)

The Prodigy
01-31-2012, 11:06 PM
Mazol Tav! I am super excited for you guys! I will be following along on this journey and I hope you will post the baby and your progress throughout the next 7 months. I love being an aunt and I love children. They are truly little miracles and bring so much joy to your life!

Can we change the name of your journal to Darielle's Road to Being A Mommy?

Darielle
01-31-2012, 11:12 PM
Can we change the name of your journal to Darielle's Road to Being A Mommy?

YES!! Please! :) Thanks so much Gail..this is a very exciting time for us and there's nothing more that I would love then to share 7 months of updates and news with everyone! With Aaron being the daddy, you can expect LOTS of video footage too...1st episode already done at the doctors appointment lol ;)

tammyp
02-01-2012, 07:05 AM
wonderful news! happy for both of you!

AudreyFunk
02-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Amazing for you, God bless!!! You are going to be one lovely pregnant lady! Enjoy this time, every second!

Sunnyday
02-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Wow! Congrats, mama-to-be! :excited:

I have 3 of those little blessings and trained all the way to delivery with my last 2 (first I was on strict bedrest the last trimester). Feel free PM me any questions or just to vent. :) I think pregnancy is a lot like contest prep except you get a better trophy, LOL! Looking forward to following you on your journey.

KBigz81
02-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Congrats Darielle!!

Jodie
02-01-2012, 11:57 PM
I LOVE seeing preggers at the gym working out and doing cardio!

So happy and excited for you both.

Ltl Leah
02-02-2012, 07:05 AM
Congratulations! How are you feeling? :)

Darielle
02-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks girls!! I havent been feeling too great the past couple of weeks and its been hard to find the energy to get my butt to the gym everyday....morning sickness (or as they say in 'Sex in the City', "mourning sickness"), fatigue and now bad headaches have been kicking me in the ass. This is the first time in god knows how many years I've gotten out of my routine in the gym and it SUCKS! I hate Not having the energy to do anything and this is the first place Ive been able to vent about it! I know I'll start feeling better and get back to the swing of things but DAMNIT when?!
Has anyone else who has kids gone through this at the beginning of the pregnancy? I've heard things get a lot better during the 2nd trimester...thanks for listening, girls, this is definitely a feeling in my body ive never experienced on a daily basis!

The Prodigy
02-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Have you started reading the book "What To Expect When Your Expecting" yet?

I have bought this for SOOOO many of my friends I should have taken out stock in the book! I have 5 friends who have all had babies in the last year, and every one of them was dead tired! Your not alone!

Aaron Singerman
02-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Have you started reading the book "What To Expect When Your Expecting" yet?

I have bought this for SOOOO many of my friends I should have taken out stock in the book! I have 5 friends who have all had babies in the last year, and every one of them was dead tired! Your not alone!

She is just lazy! Lol... JUST KIDDING!

Sunnyday
02-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Thanks girls!! I havent been feeling too great the past couple of weeks and its been hard to find the energy to get my butt to the gym everyday....morning sickness (or as they say in 'Sex in the City', "mourning sickness"), fatigue and now bad headaches have been kicking me in the ass. This is the first time in god knows how many years I've gotten out of my routine in the gym and it SUCKS! I hate Not having the energy to do anything and this is the first place Ive been able to vent about it! I know I'll start feeling better and get back to the swing of things but DAMNIT when?!
Has anyone else who has kids gone through this at the beginning of the pregnancy? I've heard things get a lot better during the 2nd trimester...thanks for listening, girls, this is definitely a feeling in my body ive never experienced on a daily basis!

Oh yeah! The morning sickness and the fatigue will usually pass around 12-14 weeks. Then you will feel like you get a sudden, big burst of energy. Once you get that energy back, enjoy it while it lasts. The fatigue minus the morning sickness kicks in again around the end of the 3rd trimester and right before delivery you get another big burst of energy plus a big dose of nesting instinct. :)

P.S. The entire "What to Expect" series is a must-have for your library. "The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy" is another great one.

The Big Sexy
02-02-2012, 04:04 PM

If you are taking IGF-1 that will make you tried. I'd cut that out if you are using it. :)

Darielle
02-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the book ideas! me and Aaron will hit up some Barnes n Nobles later.... Keep the recommended books coming :-)

Support IronMagLabs.com!

Aaron Singerman
02-02-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm going to buy some of these books...

And Dari, listen to Lou... At least lower the dose, Huge.

Aaron Singerman
02-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the book ideas! me and Aaron will hit up some Barnes n Nobles later.... Keep the recommended books coming :-)

Support IronMagLabs.com!

Wow, babe! We posted at the same time! We have ESPN.

Sandpig
02-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Congrats on the baby.

Darielle
02-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Wow, babe! We posted at the same time! We have ESPN.

Lol, dummy! :-P

Support IronMagLabs.com!

Darielle
02-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Congrats on the baby.

Thank you! :-)

Support IronMagLabs.com!

Darielle
02-09-2012, 07:14 AM
A little baby entertainment brought to u by none other than Aaron Singerman ;)

YGUnJ3SC4Yc

The Prodigy
02-09-2012, 03:07 PM
How you feeling lady? You still training?

Darielle
02-10-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm starting to feel better...up until yesterday, everyday had been pretty tough. Constantly naucious and extremmely tired. BUT, yesterday I woke up feeling a whoooole lot better and not as sick. I haven't been as consistent weight training because of how I've been feeling but still trying to do some cardio even if it's only 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill at my house. EVERYthing i do puts me on my ass so i have to plan it so i have some time to lay down for a little if i need to, before heading to or back to work.
Yesterday I trained shoulders for the first time in a couple weeks! yes a COUPLE weeks! crazy to me! It felt great and I just have to push through as much as I can to stay consistent with my weight training. I know thats going to be the healthiest thing for me now. The doctor said i can still go as heavy as I have been, but I decided to bring the weight down a bit and do higher reps...right now is not a time im trying to add on size, more of a maintenance time for myself. Tomorrow I'll be hitting legs at Powerhouse so i'll be back to record that! ;)

Darielle
02-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Pleased to announce I got in a great leg workout this evening...i'm feeling great, no sickness (well, a little bit after the workout) and the energy to get my butt going! The only thing I was careful of, was making sure to take long enough rests to get my heart rate back down. I should not have my heart rate above 140bpm (which i was far from) and not let my body overheat (bad for the baby). I stuck with a rep range of 15-20 and supersetted but with 1 1/2 - 2min rests. My workout consisted of:

Leg Extensions to warm up, 3 sets: 60lb x 15

Incline Leg Press, 4 sets: only 70lb each side x 20 (trying to avoid too much pressure on my stomach, yes i may be a little paranoid right now ;) )

Straight dead lifts, 3 sets: 85lb x 15

superset with
Glute Kickbacks (on floor): 20 x 3 sets

Seated Hamstring curls, 3 sets: 70lb x 15

Leg Extensions, toes out: 90lb x 12
105lb x 12
115lb x 10
(i HAD to end off with something heavier..just didn't feel right if I didn't ;) )

Thats when Aaron grabbed me to go... I'd have to say it was a successful workout!

We ran into our buddy IFBB Pro Ben Pakulski prepping for Flex Pro and Arnold and IFBB Pro Erin Stern prepping for the Arnold and Australia Pro and I must say they are both looking lean and mean! Both looking great and looking forward to seeing how well they do!!

Until next time...... :byeb:

Darielle
02-11-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm wondering if any ladies out there can help me out with this question...

I just read today that women who are fit and active pre-pregnancy, can get away with getting their heartrate up higher than those who were not previously active. I was told by my Dr not get it above 140bpm so Ive been a little paranoid not to do anything tooo intense.

Can anyone out there who has gone through a pregnancy give me some pointers on what is generally ok and Not ok to do at this point. I am 10 weeks and am aware at 4 months I need to make some changes but do I need to keep my workouts pretty low-moderate intensity? Thanks girls (and guys, if you know) ! :)

Sunnyday
02-11-2012, 09:11 PM
This is a fun thing to google, Darielle. After I had problems with preterm labor with my first, I wanted to do everything to avoid problems with my future pregnancies. I found out that the "140 bpm" rule is only a general guideline developed by the ACOG with the generally sedentary, never-exercised-much woman in mind. I'll see if I can find the reference where the chairman is quoted saying they just picked a range out of the air because they were pressed to do so! I was floored!

I figured there's no way an elite, competitive athlete who does balls-to-the-wall training week after week would need to slow it down to a 140 bpm. It just didn't make sense to me. So I went to the triathlete websites and found out many (yes, MANY) female triathletes who were seasoned competitors still exercised in the 150-170 bpm range REGULARLY and they did it with their doctors' blessing. :) Makes sense because their bodies are used to going full-throttle like that every day they train. The articles I found said those ladies took it down a notch or two, but not to the point of that 140 bpm baloney.

So...with my next 2 pregnancies, I exercised nearly THE SAME as I did pre-pregnancy. My OB is head of high-risk OB at a prominent Baltimore hospital. She gave me the green light to exercise as much as I wanted to...with the caveat that I shouldn't do it to the point of exhaustion. She said just use common sense. I didn't go nuts, just took it down a notch up until around week 14 or 16, then when my energy started to come back, I did a little more. I think I kept my HR around 145-155 if that helps (and I had been a runner for 10 years). Into the 3rd trimester I just didn't feel balanced enough to keep doing the treadmill or the elliptical so I switched to swimming and swam 30-60 minutes per day up until the day I delivered babies 2 & 3. BTW, I never did have the same pre-term problems as I had with the first. In fact, compared to my first pregnancy, I gained far less weight, I had more energy, my moods were much better, I slept better, deliveries were a breeze, babies 2 & 3 were more alert at birth, AND I bounced back a LOT sooner post-pregnancy.

HTH! :flowers:

carrierapp
02-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Hi Darielle! I'm just joining in with you now. :) I hope your feeling a bit better today!:flowers:

Darielle
02-12-2012, 02:21 PM
This is a fun thing to google, Darielle. After I had problems with preterm labor with my first, I wanted to do everything to avoid problems with my future pregnancies. I found out that the "140 bpm" rule is only a general guideline developed by the ACOG with the generally sedentary, never-exercised-much woman in mind. I'll see if I can find the reference where the chairman is quoted saying they just picked a range out of the air because they were pressed to do so! I was floored!

I figured there's no way an elite, competitive athlete who does balls-to-the-wall training week after week would need to slow it down to a 140 bpm. It just didn't make sense to me. So I went to the triathlete websites and found out many (yes, MANY) female triathletes who were seasoned competitors still exercised in the 150-170 bpm range REGULARLY and they did it with their doctors' blessing. :) Makes sense because their bodies are used to going full-throttle like that every day they train. The articles I found said those ladies took it down a notch or two, but not to the point of that 140 bpm baloney.

So...with my next 2 pregnancies, I exercised nearly THE SAME as I did pre-pregnancy. My OB is head of high-risk OB at a prominent Baltimore hospital. She gave me the green light to exercise as much as I wanted to...with the caveat that I shouldn't do it to the point of exhaustion. She said just use common sense. I didn't go nuts, just took it down a notch up until around week 14 or 16, then when my energy started to come back, I did a little more. I think I kept my HR around 145-155 if that helps (and I had been a runner for 10 years). Into the 3rd trimester I just didn't feel balanced enough to keep doing the treadmill or the elliptical so I switched to swimming and swam 30-60 minutes per day up until the day I delivered babies 2 & 3. BTW, I never did have the same pre-term problems as I had with the first. In fact, compared to my first pregnancy, I gained far less weight, I had more energy, my moods were much better, I slept better, deliveries were a breeze, babies 2 & 3 were more alert at birth, AND I bounced back a LOT sooner post-pregnancy.

HTH! :flowers:

Thank you! That helped tremendously!! I've never been one to monitor my heart rate during a workout..i know how i feel during a certain workout and obviously with no "limit" i don't really think about it..but now becoming more aware, I've let myself slow down or back off certain things because I think it might be too much.
So your advice has definitely helped and put things into perspective as far as not feeling like I need to hold back constantly. :beerbang:

Sunnyday
02-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Glad I could help. :)

The Prodigy
02-14-2012, 03:36 PM
So what is the first book you and Aaron have read together about having a baby?

Will you follow Jewish customs and not have a baby shower until after the baby is born?

Darielle
02-15-2012, 09:16 PM
So what is the first book you and Aaron have read together about having a baby?

Will you follow Jewish customs and not have a baby shower until after the baby is born?

We have read 'Pregnancy & Birth', a book my mom sent to me...I just received a whole bag of baby books from a friend who just had a baby (Ben Pakulski's GF) so me and Aaron have Lots of reading to do! ;) Also gave me a crap load of maternity clothes! Eek! Got a sneak peak into what I'll be fitting into in 3-4 months! :dunno:Very VERY nice of her, saving me tons of $$!!

As far as the baby shower goes, I haven't made any plans to but I really would love to have one before the baby comes! Of course we will have a baby naming/bris once the baby is born so I will have to figure out how to go about doing both, if that's appropriate. It's tough because we have people in so many places that would want/need to be there..my family and a few of my close friends are 4 hours south of us in Boca Raton and Aaron's family and friends are in Houston, New Orleans, etc so I'm sure we will have to condense as much into one time! I suppose a baby shower can be just friends n fun ;)

My belly is definitely starting to expand! I've been rubbing cocoa butter everywhere non-stop!! It's still small but its there! I HAVE been getting back in the gym more consistently, getting back to focusing more on weight training again and not too much cardio. I've been feeling better and better and that makes training a Lot easier..or at least Easier to go harder! :yep:

Darielle
02-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Hi Darielle! I'm just joining in with you now. :) I hope your feeling a bit better today!:flowers:

Thanks for joining in the convo! ;)

Darielle
03-26-2012, 09:38 PM
So I've been a bit M.I.A lately from the boards and my journal!! :( Things in the gym kinda slowed down for me for a little while..nausea wasn't going away as fast as I'd hoped and fatigue was hitting pretty bad. Things started to get better and was even a lot better for the Arnold weekend but then suddenly nausea struck again, hard! I had ZERO appetite for anything and meat was making me feel sick! I had no idea what was going on so I called the doctor and asked them about this...recommended i start taking my prenatal vitamins at night and, VOILA no more nausea! :) Been feeling great ever since.....SO been hitting the gym again (thank god!).

This past week is the first week I've been real consistently back in with training and cardio. Even doing cardio post-workout was a struggle for me for a long time up until this week...my appetite has been getting (a little) back to normal, even able to eat more meat again (:D) and drastic improvement of my moods/hormones! Poor Aaron, has been dealing with some bitchiness lately...and he STILL wants to marry me, what a keeper! ;) But firmly believe that staying on a consistent workout regimen keeps hormones in check a little better right now!I'm currently 17 weeks and still just sporting a little pudge no full on preggo belly yet...ill be expecting that within the next month or 2! Here's my latest "progress pic", taken last Friday http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100128094390183&set=a.688060374903.2230280.57209276&type=3&theater

Next doctor appointment is on Wednesday and the following appt will be when we find out the sex!! :)
As far as my workouts go, the main adjustments I've made to them is no more laying on my belly or back and I've dropped the weight a bit, focusing on higher reps. And for my diet, I'm eating as clean as I possibly can but definitely having more carbs then I would normally...my body needs it right now and don't feel bad about it one bit! If I want a dessert, I have some, but I don't splurge and have it every day "just because i'm pregnant"...I will admit I'm enjoying this extra long off season, with the best trophy I could ever ask for at the end of it ;)

Hope everyone who's prepping & competing this season is kicking a*s and reaching goals!!

The Prodigy
03-26-2012, 10:26 PM
YAY! Glad things are going well! Aren't there certain food you have to avoid when pregnant? I want babysitting duty! I need my baby time to get it out of my system since I will never have my own! The most fun of having a baby is registering at Babies R Us!!! I have helped SO many friends register and I love the whole scanner gun wish list idea! Wish they had them when I had my Bat Mitzvah!

Keep posting! We all love following along!!!

Darielle
03-27-2012, 11:50 AM
YAY! Glad things are going well! Aren't there certain food you have to avoid when pregnant? I want babysitting duty! I need my baby time to get it out of my system since I will never have my own! The most fun of having a baby is registering at Babies R Us!!! I have helped SO many friends register and I love the whole scanner gun wish list idea! Wish they had them when I had my Bat Mitzvah!

Keep posting! We all love following along!!!

Yes there are tons of THINGS I have to avoid while pregnant but for food I stay away from soft cheeses (blue cheese, feta, goat, etc) and cold deli meat. One thing I've been craving and loving (bc I haven't eaten these in so long) are deli subs..I just have to heat the meat up and it kills any potential bacteria. I still try and keep it as 'healthy' as possible even though deli meat isnt the greatest, its actually probably the only way I'm getting any protein in these days because of my lack of appetite for most meats. Also, most fish is no-no right now! (no sushi :( ) They say in very small amounts and in certain larger fish are okay...but I don't even love fish that much that I'm feeling deprived so I'm just not eating it. The only thing I've eaten maybe 2 times since I've been pregnant is tuna but each time its bothered my stomach afterwards so I just say "no to fish!"! Caffeine is allowed up to 200mg/day and this was probably the #1 thing I thought I'd struggle the most with..but surprisingly (and i've been hearing this from other women too), I'm not craving coffee AT ALL and in fact I cant even get through a few sips without feeling a little sick. On top of THAT, i surprisingly didn't have any "withdrawl side effects" from cutting coffee cold turkey! Yes, the mornings are a little bit tougher for me now without it, but its still not tough enough to make me want to drink it. I feel really bad for my clients first thing in the morning bc it takes me a couple hours now to Really wake up, as much as i try to fake it! Thankfully, theyre very understanding and laugh at me for it ;)

And yes, Gail you can absolutely be the babysitter!! Practice away!! Lol! You can play mommy anytime you'd like ;)