PDA

View Full Version : Loaded Mashed Cauliflower Recipe

SinOrSlim
01-04-2012, 01:57 AM
http://sinorslim.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/loaded-mashed-potato-bake.jpg

Today’s SinOrSlim recipe is for a low carb version of loaded mashed potatoes using cauliflower instead of starchy potatoes that will cause an insulin spike and weight gain. Instead of my traditional step by step picture display, I have decided to try out a YouTube video. I’m fairly new to this video thing so please leave me your feedback on both the dish and the video! Hope you guys enjoy this delicious keto side dish as much as I did! =)

STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS LINK TO YOUTUBE VIDEO HERE: Low Carb Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe - YouTube

Ingredients:
8 oz Cauliflower
6 Slices Center Cut Bacon
2 Tbsp Whipped Chive Cream Cheese
2 Tbsp Sour Cream
2 Slices American Cheese
1 Tbsp Butter
Low Sodium Chicken Broth
Chives (Optional)

Directions:
1. Set oven to broil so it’s already warm when we melt the cheese later
2. Steam cauliflower and cook bacon slices
3. In a food processor combine steamed cauliflower, butter, cream cheese and sour cream
4. Add chicken broth little by little until your desired consistency is reached
5. Pour the mashed cauliflower mix into a greased baking pan and add in crumbled bacon pieces
6. Add the cheese slices to the top of the mashed cauliflower and bacon mix and broil for about 5 minutes or until cheese has browned
7. Let cool, serve on a plate and enjoy! (I decided to add some chives in the end as well)

FOR THE MACRO NUTRIENT BREAKDOWN AND OTHER LOW CARB AND KETO RECIPES CHECK OUT www.sinorslim.com !

Hit-Girl
01-04-2012, 02:00 AM
Sounds good, but at this point why not use potatoes? Shit it's not like anything else used would be called healthy.

SinOrSlim
01-04-2012, 02:27 AM
Potatoes defeats the "low carb" version of the recipe. Diets high in fat and protein and low in carbohydrates have actually been proven to be healthy and are associated with LOWERED risk of heart disease. I know it's surprising but there's actually an article on it under "diet tips" on my site. You should check it out! =)

SinOrSlim
01-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Here's the link to the article. Enjoy! =)

http://sinorslim.com/diet-tips/low-carb-diets-heart-disease-and-cholesterol/

georgeman22
08-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetable. Thanks for tell the use of it in more and healthy recipes. :)