PDA

View Full Version : 2012 New Beginning

mariame
01-09-2012, 11:24 AM
My first post of the year!! After a 5 month break from competing, I am ready to take action! I definitely enjoyed the time off to set my priorities straight, spend quality time with family, and regain focus as to WHY I started competing and what this is all for!

I started training last Tuesday--and boy was I ready! I am aiming to compete end of March or beginning of April in local shows to warm up before Nationals. My goal is to get to my contest weight at the begining of March because I will be on vacation for a week! This will allow some time for damage control before the show! I definitely will be posting frequently as I continue my journey.

I am excited to be back..my main goal is to live a happy, healthy lifestyle and be the best I can be :)

BALANCE IS KEY!
:yep:
<3

The Prodigy
01-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Welcome aboard! What shows have you done in the past? I look forward to following your journey!

KrisLynn
01-09-2012, 01:41 PM
5 month break sounds Fantastic...but once you get bitten by liftin, you ALWAYS return !!!
Enjoy getting back at it Girly!! ;)

mariame
01-10-2012, 11:49 AM
I started competing in 2010...These are the shows I've done!
April 2010-Midwest Novice-2nd Place Bikini Short
May 2010-Battl of the Bodies-1&Overall
June 2010-OK Championships-1st&Overall (qualified)
October 2010- National Bikini Championship-4th Place Class E

March 2011-Arnold Ameteur-8th Place Class E
July 2011-Nationals-New Jersey-15th Class E

mariame
01-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Well another week has flown by!! Training has been intense! It is AMAZING how much results I am seeing by NOT stressing! Usually, it takes me a solid 3 weeks to drop below a certain weight. Even if I am pushing hard, eating strict, and doing cardio for hours! Because I am not stressed about a certain show date, my body has dropped and changed completely in just 9 days! It is unbelievable! When you are stressed, (which I am the Queen of), your cortisol levels rise. This in turn, causes you to hold on to fat-especially that lovely waistline.

Soo I know I've heard it a million times--but now I HAVE PROOF!! When you chill out, take a step back, and ENJOY your training and do it FOR YOU--YOU GET RESULTS FAST!

Last night was an intesne Leg workout and cardio session, so I decided to do something different with my last meal to reward my husband and I. I tried making HEALTHY chicken parmesan---with a lot of tweeks to make it "competitor friendly":yep: It was AMAZING! I will be putting it on my website (mariamdillard.com)..who says contest prep has to be boring??!!

I hope everyone pushes hard through the rest of the week! Your almost there!

<3Mar