PDA

View Full Version : Team Skip chili recipe

mrky03
01-21-2012, 03:37 PM
TEAM SKIP chili recipe
I have put off posting this recipe because I was going to do a video blog but I eventually thought that it would be far more practical to just post this in text so that it can be printed for anyone that wanted to use it.

The story:
In coming back to the gym after an almost 3 month lay off for my back, I was choking down my food and hating life. Of course, that is quite typical for me because I usually don't care what my food tastes like, I just get it down. This year has been different and I was dying for a change that could have eating my meals be a lot quicker and enjoyable.

I have been looking to incorporate beans into my diet for some time because of the fiber content, protein content and very low GI carbs so I started wondering if I could find a chili recipe that would work as I defat into 2012 after my layoff and possibly come up with something that I could actually use if I were going to prep for a show.

I found it and DAYUM is it good. You can use this for a contest prep, to just get lean or in the off season.

I highly recommend that you make every meal individually. I understand it would be so much easier to make a big pot of it at once but let's be honest here, if you can't measure accurately what your macros are for each meal, you are going to struggle to get lean. Don't be lazy, just make the damned meals individually and then you know EXACTLY what your macros are and whether each meal is where it should be.

Recipe:

Brown X amount of 96% ground beef in a pot. I am having whole foods trim my beef and grind it for me because they can actually get it leaner than 4%. This is just an option to get it leaner. 4% will work just fine.

Once the beef is browned, add:

1 cup water.

1/2 cup REAL salsa that you can get in almost any deli in almost any major grocery store. It should have NO added sugar and just be chopped up tomatoes, onions, spices, etc.. I don't even use one with added tomato juice and no tomato paste. JUST chopped vegetables and spices.

1/2 cup black or other variety of beans.
The beans should not be canned and should soak overnight and then be boiled for an hour and drained or cooked in a crock pot and then drained. I prefer to do this once or twice a week and store the beans in the fridge to add to my chili throughout the week.
Clearly, keeping them separate will allow you to control the carb amounts per meal. I ONLY count the carbs in the beans for the chili. Each 1/4 cup is roughly 10-12g of carbs.

1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. celery salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. Mrs Dash southwest chipotle spice
1 packet splenda

Mix all while simmering for 1 minute and serve or put into containers to store in the fridge.

I am currently using 8oz of lean ground beef in mine along with 1/2 to 1/4 cup beans depending on whether it is a training day or non-training day and how late it is in the day relative to my training.

If you don't like it, there is something wrong with you. I could eat this for every meal for the next year if I had to and absolutely love it.

Clearly, if you find something else to add to it to make it even better, post it up. Let me know how you like it.

Skip

Follow me on Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Follow me on Facebook: TEAM SKIP

contact me at: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend (http://www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend)

GENESIS
01-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Skip La Cour is a great trainer!

mrky03
01-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Skip La Cour is a great trainer!

I agree but this recipe is from a different Skip! He's over on intensemuscle.com

lilbigman1
10-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Gonna give this a try with ground beef and then with ground chicken or turkey.

AVBG
10-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Gonna try this too!

mrky03
10-31-2012, 08:47 AM
Yes, this recipe is great! I eat it a couple of times a week.