I'm currently using this 5 day split

M Legs
T Arms
W Shoulders
Th rest
F Back
Sa Chest
Su rest

5 days a week is the right amount for me - but I wish I could rotate through the muscle groups over days of the week, like I did on my old 4 day split. Previously arms were mixed into back and shoulder days. Since they are a weak point on me, they need their own day. Shoulders are not great either. Legs are a strong point. Rest is about proprotional.

To go back to 4, I figure I'd add legs to 2 other workouts (back + hams; arms and quads) but it seems wierd not to have a leg day.

For 6, I suppose I could add another arm or maybe arm+shoulder day. Do one heavy/low volume and the other lighter/high volume.

any suggestions?

Strikerrjones
04-09-2009, 01:08 AM
Right now I'm doing this:

Monday: Back
Tuesday: Shoulders and Triceps
Wednesday: Off/Cardio
Thursday: Legs
Friday: Chest and Biceps

ChunkyThunder
04-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Mine is:

Legs
Chest
Back and Bi's
Shoulders and Tri's
Off
Start over

But I'm gonna move it around soon so I can do chest and bi's and back and tri's. I just started back in the gym so this seemed the easiest after a long layoff. I will probably give it another month, then switch it up.

Anthony
04-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks guys - you're both more of less doing what I previously had. I'm guessing arms are not a weak point on either of you.

If arms were going to have their own day, do you have a reccomendation on how to split up another body part?

ChunkyThunder
04-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Legs
Chest
Back
Shoulders
Arms
off
off
Stick the days off where you need them, but at least one of them after arm day so they can recover by the time you hit chest again