PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Bodybuilding Competition Plans

Hammerfit
01-29-2012, 11:23 AM
To be able for all to follow our competition preps this year, list your planned events and how you plan to prepare.

Right now my only "for sure" is to defend my SteelWorld title in Mobile in May. We are 14 weeks out. Competition diet of carb cycling will begin in earnest on Feb 1. Weight is currently 234lb. My training will not alter at all. I believe to keep the increase in muscle I have obtained this offseason I need to keep lifting as heavy as possible while increasing volume even higher and including giant sets and multiple stair stepper cardio sessions.

Rick Prince
02-03-2012, 10:23 PM
If my conditioning is where it needs to be, I will do the following:
June 23 Flex Lewis Classic (http://www.flexlewisclassic.com/), Murfreesboro, TN
July 21 Masters Nationals (http://garyudit.com/event/2012-npc-teen-collegiate-and-masters-national-championships/), Pittsburgh, PA

If not, other possibilities are July 21 Rocket City (Huntsville, AL), Aug. 18 Heart of Dixie (Mobile, AL), Sept. 1 North Americans (Pittsburgh, PA), Oct. 20 Memphis Dexter Jackson Classic, Nov. 3 Kentucky Muscle (Louisville, KY)

Hammerfit
02-04-2012, 09:50 AM
If my conditioning is where it needs to be, I will do the following:
June 23 Flex Lewis Classic (http://www.flexlewisclassic.com/), Murfreesboro, TN
July 21 Masters Nationals (http://garyudit.com/event/2012-npc-teen-collegiate-and-masters-national-championships/), Pittsburgh, PA

If not, other possibilities are July 21 Rocket City (Huntsville, AL), Aug. 18 Heart of Dixie (Mobile, AL), Sept. 1 North Americans (Pittsburgh, PA), Oct. 20 Memphis Dexter Jackson Classic, Nov. 3 Kentucky Muscle (Louisville, KY)

If it turns out that you do HOD, I'll show up too! You know I need another 2nd place throphy. :)

masterschamp
02-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Definitely doing the State Championships Aug 18th in Orlando. If my condition allows it (moves quickly) I am stilll considering the Master's Nats in July. will probably be there even if not doing the show....(I go up to visist dad's grave every year and plan it for the same week in case I am doing the show so I will get to meet alot of you even if not as a competitor this time) More likely would be the NA in Pittsgurgh the first week in Sept. Also considering doing the Southeast USA in Orlando at the end of Sept and/or the All South Championships in St Augustine first week of November. Two shows sounds right....maybe 3 of the four.

Keith

Hammerfit
02-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Waffling on decision to go back to SteelWorld. (a) been there done that, what's the point? (b) maybe better idea is to extend the off season program couple more months to give this new high volume program a chance to bring up my quad sweep. If I can get that done I would be much more competitive on the national level, which is the goal after all. Stay tuned...talking maybe Power Shack Classic in Biloxi, awesome promoters who put on a pro style caliber event. Competed there 2 years ago and there were 7 good competitors in my class. Or maybe State Championships in August would be even better, if I can bring my game up high enough to stand with the likes of Keith.;)

Baldiewonkanobi
02-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Mike.....I would consider the Southern States. I am told that a good 50% of the judges are the same as the Masters National. This would let you know how you would fare in Pittsburgh. And....if you win your age/weight group at this show history shows you are a top 5 or better in Pittsburgh. And you still have time to enter.

http://www.npcsouthernclassic.com/

Baldie

The Thinker
02-16-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm doing the Border States in San Diego on 10/27 this year. For the first time I'm actually investing 9 months into growing in an extremely disciplined manner. In the past I've always gotten fat and lost a lot of my gains when I diet down for a show.

My longer term goal is to build a physique that I feel is competitive at the Masters Nationals. I just don't want to do that show to say I did it but rather I want to be in the mix. My guess as of now is that I'm two years away.

mrky03
02-17-2012, 01:46 PM
I haven't committed yet but there is a master's pro show August 18'th in Troy Alabama. I may do the NPC Ky Muscle in November.

Right now I'm eating clean and leaning out slowly. Using DY style HIT training.

Hammerfit
02-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Mike.....I would consider the Southern States. I am told that a good 50% of the judges are the same as the Masters National. This would let you know how you would fare in Pittsburgh. And....if you win your age/weight group at this show history shows you are a top 5 or better in Pittsburgh. And you still have time to enter.

http://www.npcsouthernclassic.com/

Baldie

good option bro. looking at southern states too July 13th Legs will determine when Im ready to start prep. Gonna stay close so prep will be on point.

Hammerfit
05-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Didn't realize I hadn't updated this thread. My prep is going good (aka cardio sux and my diet stinks) my goal is the Florida State and then possible the Southeastern in Sept. I will then if all goes well be in condition to take a shot at a record deadlift in a natl sanctioned power lifting meet in Nov. I am pushing my legs to the breaking point trying to get them to catch up to the upper body. Starting weight at prep was 243lbs, today weighed in at 231. I'm thinking target is around 220.

nigglet
05-23-2012, 08:20 AM
I am doing the show so

http://www.interbankforex.info/kv.gif

MuscleAddiction
05-26-2012, 10:29 AM
I am very new to this forum, and I will say it is very driven towards competing which I like. I have not stepped on stage since 2007 (had a little girl in 2006 and have been busy being dad and my career) but would like to get back on stage soon. I am now 41, and will be competing in the masters...sounds pretty cool at least, another way to say getting old lol! I look at some of your avatars and see some great physiques and realize I have my work cut out for me...but it will happen. I reside in NorCal, so the shows locally to me are San Jose Bodybuilding and Central Valley Classic Bodybuilding (both in July...too soon obviously), then San Francisco in October (possibility), and Sacramento in November...also a possibility. Got to get my head into it, and commit! I will check back in this forum to stay motivated from time to time...thanks!

Rick Prince
05-26-2012, 11:46 AM
I am very new to this forum, and I will say it is very driven towards competing which I like. I have not stepped on stage since 2007 (had a little girl in 2006 and have been busy being dad and my career) but would like to get back on stage soon. I am now 41, and will be competing in the masters...sounds pretty cool at least, another way to say getting old lol! I look at some of your avatars and see some great physiques and realize I have my work cut out for me...but it will happen. I reside in NorCal, so the shows locally to me are San Jose Bodybuilding and Central Valley Classic Bodybuilding (both in July...too soon obviously), then San Francisco in October (possibility), and Sacramento in November...also a possibility. Got to get my head into it, and commit! I will check back in this forum to stay motivated from time to time...thanks!

Welcome to the forum, Muscle Addict! You will find the members here to be as helpful and as encouraging, if not more, than ANY place online. Please, feel free to start your own thread and update us with your progress. All the best to you in your show prep.

punchyguy
05-27-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm entering my first show this fall ( Sandra Wickham Fall classic ) - 20 weeks out - went a little coo-coo with bulking and im sitting at 70 skin fold - started my diet yesterday - wish i never took my 30's off but unfortunately life took over dammit ! Trying to wrap my head around my best protein / carb intake this far out.

Punchy

bcapprentice
05-28-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm entering my first show this fall ( Sandra Wickham Fall classic ) - 20 weeks out - went a little coo-coo with bulking and im sitting at 70 skin fold - started my diet yesterday - wish i never took my 30's off but unfortunately life took over dammit ! Trying to wrap my head around my best protein / carb intake this far out.

Punchy

Good luck with your contest prep. I'm in Terrace

punchyguy
07-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Dropped from 240-225 started at a 70 skin fold and currently sitting at a 50 skin fold - Man there alot of talented experienced guys on this site ! Anyways any guidance would be appreciated -- now to figure out how to upload a current pic to the message !125118
Take care Fellas ! 18 weeks and counting for me ~!

Hammerfit
07-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Dropped from 240-225 started at a 70 skin fold and currently sitting at a 50 skin fold - Man there alot of talented experienced guys on this site ! Anyways any guidance would be appreciated -- now to figure out how to upload a current pic to the message !125118
Take care Fellas ! 18 weeks and counting for me ~!

Looking good! You've come to the right place for advice and motivation.....tons of talented experience here, keep us updated on your progress

Hammerfit
07-12-2012, 03:08 PM
I may have to switch my show from FL State to Heart of Dixie due to economic restraints. HOD is on same day, so doesn't effect prep. Although disappointed that I won't be able to make trip, I do need to go take care of this show. I totally screwed it up last year and need to redeem myself.

Maybe things will change and I can make the Orlando trip but it's not looking good.

Hammerfit
08-10-2012, 02:01 PM
I may have to switch my show from FL State to Heart of Dixie due to economic restraints. HOD is on same day, so doesn't effect prep. Although disappointed that I won't be able to make trip, I do need to go take care of this show. I totally screwed it up last year and need to redeem myself.

Maybe things will change and I can make the Orlando trip but it's not looking good.

Money still a big problem! Now setting sites on SE USA Sept 29th. Hopefully the PT well pick up some and I can get my financial backing lined up. I'm ready and can hold.

KevinCouch
08-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Competition plan has been put on hold until 2013. Family and personal issues too important. I am growing and staying very lean and considering jumping up to lightheavyweight in next year's Masters Nats (over 40s). I know this is the the largest and deepest class in the show but I want to look my personal best and at over 200 pounds right now and very lean (Avi pic) I've outgrown the middles.