PDA

View Full Version : Audrey Presson Presses ON!

Pages : [1] 2

AudreyFunk
01-30-2012, 01:23 PM
I have never posted on a forum so bear with my potential to sound wonky! I am a 31 year young Navy wife and Mother of an amazing 8 year old. I jumped on stage for the first time last year for the new Womens Physique Division at NPC Jr Nationals. Despite the worst posing (severely under prepared for that) ever I placed 9th out of 25. Not to shabby but this year I want to of course do better.

I had a good off season built more muscle, and fought the gym burn out after my comp. Gained the 15 lbs over my stage weight but def leaner going into this contest prep than last time. My legs still need a lot of work and I am busting rear. Been on a clean diet no cheats no booze for almost three weeks now in attempt to start my diet down in March with a head start. Hoping that more time and a gradual leaning will be less brutal to my system and I will spare more muscle.

I have a facebook fan page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Audrey-Funk-NPC-Physique-Competitor/340846502602470 if you want to check out a couple videos and pics. I am doing a shoot at the Arnold this year again with the AMAZING Dan Ray so Ill have more updated pics in a bit.

I am hoping to use this forum to keep my forward momentum when the going gets tough. Things that competitors deal with like losing all your friends lol and late night food cravings and all the wonderful stuff I am about to go through again. In all reality I am in love with this, have been since I decided to compete a little over a year ago, I tried living on the other side after my comp and it def did not make me as happy as I am now when I feel like I have things squared away and a clear set goal in my future.

Thank you for reading my post have a friggin beastly day!

weezer
01-30-2012, 01:50 PM
and you said you did'nt want to sound wonky.......you sound great; if your 1st post is this good , looking forward to following your journey.....NICE

KrisLynn
01-30-2012, 02:29 PM
I love hitten a newbies thread up and get another boost of Energy!!!
Keep rockin it girl!! Your gonna doing Kickaszz things!!

And Welcome ;)

Suzanne
01-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the journals! Jr Nats is a great show

Good luck this year

Suzanne
01-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Love Animal House! Hit it a few times when we lived in the Chicago area!

and Dan Ray is the best!

The Prodigy
01-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Okay...let me stop peeing in my pants from the name of this thread......

You rock lady! SOO glad you are here! I will be there to watch you conquer it at the IL State! Suzanne and I used to hang out at Animal House on the weekends and then hit up various restaurants from the Dives/Diners/Drive-ins show.

Suzanne...where was the place with the KILLLER mac and cheese?

I will be up in Wisconsin for a ton of shows this year! Can't wait! Looks like I may be guest posing as well!

foxieroxie007
01-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Welcome welcome! I'm planning on Jr. Nats too, rock it out girl!

AudreyFunk
01-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Thank you so much!

AudreyFunk
01-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Funk yeah I love giving a boost of energy! Thank you for reading!

AudreyFunk
01-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Yes Animal House was Awesome one of a kind! I definitely want to rock out there again. The equipment was so well maintained and that means so much to me! And Dan is the best you are right. He noticed me before I was even stage broken in lol. I hope to do Jr Nats again it was so fun and this time I want to look less like I am blowing out air/barfing while I pose. Oh how I know nothing :)

AudreyFunk
01-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Glad I brought a little pants peeing into your day, I prefer to piddle in my pants but to each their own! Mmmmm killer mac n cheese, not till the summer.....I dont know if I will conquer but I definitely will be bringing my OCD 120% to the stage. I really appreciate your support. I appreciate every one so far that has shown kindness and generosity, its everything in my book and I am thankful!

AudreyFunk
01-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Phew what an evening. I love the riding high feeling, wished it lasted the whole time till stage ha! Had a spectacular surprise jump in with a person that I never worked out with before. Now that my husband is pushing a new division soon I will be ridin solo, this forces me to reach out and ask people to spot me and be more conversational, I kinda liked that tonight. Ended with a fast mofo stairmill climb to dirty reggaetone, hey no one knows what Im listening to! I came home to find that my organization www.figuresupport.com has started redoing my fan page and I almost cried out of sheer happiness and appreciation. This was a good day. Now to finish my gallon, eat, and piddle like a million times through the night. Thank you all for reading, going to bed stoked!

AudreyFunk
01-31-2012, 03:25 PM
So I have a training question. I have been purposely neglecting my core as in direct ab work in an effort to atrophy my middle. It was so friggin thick last season I looked weird, def took away from the rest of my body, found out there is such thing as too much core muscle, I mean the walls of my obliques were thick like wood paneling! Have been using a belt on and off too. Now when is it ok to start doing ab work again before my show? I can see my eight pack now, especially first thing in the morning, I just want them raised a little more but without adding to my over dominant mid section. Man I was built to pull a plow, would have made a good farmer wife like a 100 years ago, forget the oxen marry me, aesthetically on stage not so much. Any advice is appreciated and well received!

AudreyFunk
01-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Ok what a friggin night! Heavy rack deads followed by a workout that I just kept adding onto. Its like this new energy has come upon me, gosh I hope I can hang onto it longer than I did last diet! I mean after almost two hours of destroying my back I danced to reggaeton on the stairmill in my own little world for 20 min!!!! The spirit of buff Jesus is in me :)

Bronwyn
02-01-2012, 05:36 AM
Great fanpage. How you added new apps such as invitation :) I have the old one pattern on facebook and I do not like it :D
To ab question I have now the same problem, from some reason I have thicker waist. My fiancé found somewhere that odl bodybuilders added pullovers AFTER ab work to keep their midsection flat... so right now I am trying it... but I really dont know. I also heared that sometimes taking a belt may cause thick waist too - especially when there is an inner pressure TO the belt (against it). I used the belt the whole offseason now...

AudreyFunk
02-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Great fanpage. How you added new apps such as invitation :) I have the old one pattern on facebook and I do not like it :D
To ab question I have now the same problem, from some reason I have thicker waist. My fiancé found somewhere that odl bodybuilders added pullovers AFTER ab work to keep their midsection flat... so right now I am trying it... but I really dont know. I also heared that sometimes taking a belt may cause thick waist too - especially when there is an inner pressure TO the belt (against it). I used the belt the whole offseason now...

Thank you for the compliments on my fan page! I am a member of an organization that does promotion for female competitors www.figuresupport.com. They are family orientated and faith based so you dont have to worry about the darker side of this sport. They manage my fan page and promote me, check it out! It is very very affordable and a good networking opportunity, I just love love love being a member. As far as the flatter tummy, I wonder why pullovers, and what kind, like standing with a straight bar on the cables, or hammer strength machine? I need to get them to pop again without risking getting my waist thicker!!! Right now just trying to make the legs and lats bigger so my proportions are better if I cant get the waist smaller, lol, oh man!

AudreyFunk
02-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Trained with a new chick tonight. Shes like one of those women that looks like they naturally are born to compete, like 5'8'' muscular as hell from just recreational working out and naturally low body fat, or maybe shes just a way good eater either was it was pretty cool. To work out with another woman that lifts like me is rare. Of course I have my Sheri (beavis) but we live like a damn hour away from eachother! I say another good night! I got some networking cards ordered for the Arnold, they are animal print, I'm not ashamed. I figured if I am going to do this right and actually meet people this time might as well carry a calling card? Diet is on point for over three weeks, no real urge to cheat, planned a cheat for Valentines (sushi) and thats it till May 12! Energy is ok but I feel PMS looming because my boobs looked great today, lol. Just a regular day :)

Bronwyn
02-02-2012, 03:30 AM
Thanks for info.
I do classical pullovers over the flat bench with dumbell in both arms - with pelvis below the bench level to stretch the core area the most....

AudreyFunk
02-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks for info.
I do classical pullovers over the flat bench with dumbell in both arms - with pelvis below the bench level to stretch the core area the most....

Nice Now I have something new to try! Thank you!!!!

Sunnyday
02-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Welcome, Audrey! Love your journal already!

I competed last year for the first time also (in figure). I noticed the same thing about my abs. I took off from training them after my show, but because of back problems I started up again little by little. I started with strictly planks. Right now I am alternating direct and indirect core work...just enough to keep my back problems in check. Planks one day followed by an upper-lower superset the next, then a day or two off. No direct oblique work. My abs look good now, definitely not bulky...they have definitely come down a lot. I predict the posing practice will take care of the obliques without hitting them directly. If I feel things need to come up more, my plan is to do some additional direct work closer to my show.
:)

Bronwyn
02-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Nice Now I have something new to try! Thank you!!!!

I have a video somewhere in my training log, where I taped it... It is here (I do not embed it here as it is your journal...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eatQO1NnQV0

To Sunny - yes planks are great for training the core without the direct impact on wider waist after. I do some too... but to be honest not so offten :)

AudreyFunk
02-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Welcome, Audrey! Love your journal already!

I competed last year for the first time also (in figure). I noticed the same thing about my abs. I took off from training them after my show, but because of back problems I started up again little by little. I started with strictly planks. Right now I am alternating direct and indirect core work...just enough to keep my back problems in check. Planks one day followed by an upper-lower superset the next, then a day or two off. No direct oblique work. My abs look good now, definitely not bulky...they have definitely come down a lot. I predict the posing practice will take care of the obliques without hitting them directly. If I feel things need to come up more, my plan is to do some additional direct work closer to my show.
:)

PLANKS! Love them. My husband is a special forces boot camp instructor and he has a picture of me doing a plate loaded plank that he shows off. Then tells recruits that his wife can do them better, lol. I def would mind starting those up again. My show is May 12 so ill prob start in April bringing the abs out as to not have wood paneling for a core :) By large I just try to think of my core every movement I do when I am liftng. And the eight pack is still there thank god! Seriously thank you lady for your response!

AudreyFunk
02-03-2012, 11:50 AM
I have a video somewhere in my training log, where I taped it... It is here (I do not embed it here as it is your journal...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eatQO1NnQV0

To Sunny - yes planks are great for training the core without the direct impact on wider waist after. I do some too... but to be honest not so offten :)

Nice! I know those and rather enjoy them! Think Ill be doing a little of that and planks! Loved your posing video, u r definitely covering the smooth transitions!!

The Prodigy
02-03-2012, 03:06 PM
I don't do abs..I only do core.....

But I always am looking for new core exercises...............

AudreyFunk
02-03-2012, 03:34 PM
I don't do abs..I only do core.....

But I always am looking for new core exercises...............

Any core exercises you can throw my way would be greatly funkin appreciated!

AudreyFunk
02-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Off training question for the lady's, how do you handle puffy under eyes? Every cream I use seems to irritate further. Ever since I went on and off prednisone for my lower back spasms (stopped 10 days ago) I have puffy under eyes upon waking, and when they go down its just wrinkly!! I am 31 and don't need any extra lines than I already have put on my face!

Jenni Whip
02-03-2012, 04:14 PM
:D I'm not real big on forum either but can appreciate what you are talking about. I look forward to following your journey and will create a little place of my own where maybe those who are interested can follow me too. I don't get puffy under my eyes but have natural dark circles if you will, lol! Keep working and training hard! Love the "Thank you for reading my post have a friggin beastly day!" Too!!

Jenni Whip

Sunnyday
02-03-2012, 11:10 PM
For the puffy eyes & under eye wrinkles I use Dermalogica AGE Smart Multivitamin PowerFirm. Made a big difference for me, have yet to find anything I like better. I'm 44 and you wouldn't guess it.

http://www.dermaskincare.com/dermalogica/viewItem.html?idProduct=124

The Prodigy
02-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Any core exercises you can throw my way would be greatly funkin appreciated!

How about this?

sit ups on SB x 20
lying leg riase x 15
med ball slams x 15
spider mans x 12 each side
low to high cable chops x 10-12 each side
SB knee ins x 12-15
high to low cable chops x 12 each side
plank rotations x 15-20 each side

AudreyFunk
02-04-2012, 06:56 PM
How about this?

sit ups on SB x 20
lying leg riase x 15
med ball slams x 15
spider mans x 12 each side
low to high cable chops x 10-12 each side
SB knee ins x 12-15
high to low cable chops x 12 each side
plank rotations x 15-20 each side

Holy cow jumpin up and down like christmas! Def gonna incorportate those in my hammy ass days because that is where my abs used to get trained after. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!

AudreyFunk
02-04-2012, 06:57 PM
For the puffy eyes & under eye wrinkles I use Dermalogica AGE Smart Multivitamin PowerFirm. Made a big difference for me, have yet to find anything I like better. I'm 44 and you wouldn't guess it.

http://www.dermaskincare.com/dermalogica/viewItem.html?idProduct=124

I love Dermalogica face wash and spot treatment, def going to give it a try because I look deformed right now :( Thank YOU!!

AudreyFunk
02-04-2012, 06:58 PM
:D I'm not real big on forum either but can appreciate what you are talking about. I look forward to following your journey and will create a little place of my own where maybe those who are interested can follow me too. I don't get puffy under my eyes but have natural dark circles if you will, lol! Keep working and training hard! Love the "Thank you for reading my post have a friggin beastly day!" Too!!

Jenni Whip

Fist Bump!! Have an awesome weekend!!

AudreyFunk
02-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Soooo sorry I have been absent! My fam needed Audrey Time!!! Took my daughter Coralie to Shedds today!! Man what an awesome place!! So we go to the cafeteria and of course I have four meals packed already with me. While waiting on my spouse and her to return with their all good things fried I sat there with my tuna and romaine and waited. Noticing that people were staring at me, prob judging like I have a disorder or too good for the food, but when my husband sat down he noted how ripped I looked in a sea of normal people, I thought it was funny. I still wanted to drink katchup for some reason but stuck with the plan. Girls have a great night I got to go do taxes.....

sheri.koepsel
02-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Okay...let me stop peeing in my pants from the name of this thread......

You rock lady! SOO glad you are here! I will be there to watch you conquer it at the IL State! Suzanne and I used to hang out at Animal House on the weekends and then hit up various restaurants from the Dives/Diners/Drive-ins show.

Suzanne...where was the place with the KILLLER mac and cheese?

I will be up in Wisconsin for a ton of shows this year! Can't wait! Looks like I may be guest posing as well!
WHEN/WHERE will you be guest posing here in cheese-town, gail???

The Prodigy
02-05-2012, 10:25 AM
WHEN/WHERE will you be guest posing here in cheese-town, gail???

The Wisconsin State in May!

AudreyFunk
02-05-2012, 07:13 PM
The Wisconsin State in May!

OOooooh maybe Ill do that one too lol, so many shows but one body :(
Itll be pretty nifty to see u guest posing!
Sheri I take it we r going together??

The Prodigy
02-05-2012, 08:13 PM
I will be at the Fox Cities, The Wisconsin State and The Tomasini's show!

So all the NPC Wisconsin shows will have RX Muscle coverage!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you win I get to interview you!

Bronwyn
02-06-2012, 07:37 AM
With the eyes - once I read some advice somewhere to put a tablespoon to the freezer and than slightly press it on the puffy area. Off course use some sheets under to not stick the spoon to the skin LOL...cooling it helps a little bit too

AudreyFunk
02-06-2012, 12:25 PM
I will be at the Fox Cities, The Wisconsin State and The Tomasini's show!

So all the NPC Wisconsin shows will have RX Muscle coverage!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you win I get to interview you!

Well this girl is Funkin driving 300% to get right there :) never won b4 so I want to know what it feels like lol!!

AudreyFunk
02-06-2012, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=Bronwyn;1614712]With the eyes - once I read some advice somewhere to put a tablespoon to the freezer and than slightly press it on the puffy area. Off course use some sheets under to not stick the spoon to the skin LOL...cooling it helps a little bit too[/QUOTE

That does sound like a good idea!

Suzanne
02-07-2012, 12:25 AM
These reason for the pullovers to help flatten stomach is with all the crunches to build abs they stay tight so just like other parts of the body they need to be stretched out and even massaged. I had my abs dug by Derik on Fri he said they were super tight puller me forward and causing a pooch. Once he dug them out I was flatter and able to lift chest higher in fornt pose

AudreyFunk
02-07-2012, 09:14 AM
These reason for the pullovers to help flatten stomach is with all the crunches to build abs they stay tight so just like other parts of the body they need to be stretched out and even massaged. I had my abs dug by Derik on Fri he said they were super tight puller me forward and causing a pooch. Once he dug them out I was flatter and able to lift chest higher in fornt pose

Friggin thats exactly what I need! Doing back today so those will def be in play at the end!! Will let U know how it fares. Do you go super heavy or med weight??

AudreyFunk
02-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Ladies ever get that HIGH ON LIFE feeling when you are dieting down and scared the world just may come crashing down around you at any given moment?? Just sharing. I feel great and I don't trust it lol!!!

Bronwyn
02-08-2012, 03:26 AM
haha exactly my thoughts sometimes :D LOL - till I die I wanna to have sushi once more at least :D

AudreyFunk
02-08-2012, 08:47 AM
haha exactly my thoughts sometimes :D LOL - till I die I wanna to have sushi once more at least :D

I cream, all flavors.....then cake hahaha, all flavors.....

AudreyFunk
02-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Yet another night waking up at 4:30 and brain fired up like I am solving all problems at once!!! Ambien CR not effective on the first night. I think my brain is getting too muscular as well LMAO, on the up side I feel like I still have energy! Hams/glutes/calves/abs tonight gonna push through even if I am tired. What is the girl that will be standing next to me on stage training like today??

Sunnyday
02-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Yet another night waking up at 4:30 and brain fired up like I am solving all problems at once!!! Ambien CR not effective on the first night. I think my brain is getting too muscular as well LMAO, on the up side I feel like I still have energy! Hams/glutes/calves/abs tonight gonna push through even if I am tired. What is the girl that will be standing next to me on stage training like today??

Thinkin' like a champion!! :yep: Kill it tonight, girl!!

AudreyFunk
02-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Aaaaaand the crash came. My home life took a BIG nose dive yesterday, serves me right for going Ahhhhh things are finally going smooth and good, I can RELAX, lol. So hard when a just repaired foundation of trust gets thrown to the shitter for nothing! But I lost my cool for 5 minutes, said my piece, went to the gym and banged out an AMAZING delt sesh. Followed by intense stair climb. Came home did not let my little heart get the best of me, sunk myself into my daughter then studying all that I love, Suzanne's leg video for instance, if you haven't checked it out please do this lady is intense http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Cto7UsI9n4Q
Went to bed at the appropriate time and by the miracles of Ambien CR slept. (even though I suspect I sleep eat baking chocolate sometimes on that shit)
I think now the best way of getting my point across without damaging my training by having a thermogenic aided panic attack is saying NOTHING. Sometimes it just aint worth it. Cant argue with stupid.

Sunnyday
02-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Ugh! Just when you think you can kick back, somebody jumps up and kicks you in the teeth! Sorry you have to go through that, Audrey. :( I am still trying to learn to say NOTHING...LOL! One of these days I'll remember my own advice.
Props for turning your focus to constructive things...like your daughter and Suzanne's leg vid. Gotta agree those are my first and second choices too. :) Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Suzanne's WOs are DA BOMB! Makes me wish I could just up and train at her gym just to have some of that intensity rub off on me, ya know?! Scroll back through her thread to a few months ago (right before her last comp) and you will find one leg vid where she does a dropset on leg press from 20 plates! It is off the chart cool!!

AudreyFunk
02-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Ugh! Just when you think you can kick back, somebody jumps up and kicks you in the teeth! Sorry you have to go through that, Audrey. :( I am still trying to learn to say NOTHING...LOL! One of these days I'll remember my own advice.
Props for turning your focus to constructive things...like your daughter and Suzanne's leg vid. Gotta agree those are my first and second choices too. :) Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Suzanne's WOs are DA BOMB! Makes me wish I could just up and train at her gym just to have some of that intensity rub off on me, ya know?! Scroll back through her thread to a few months ago (right before her last comp) and you will find one leg vid where she does a dropset on leg press from 20 plates! It is off the chart cool!!

The Meathead in me is looking now!

AudreyFunk
02-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Today I got to do posing with my new posing coach. It was awesome and hard and damn was I clueless on what to do. I am such a tomboy and I just want to represent feminine muscle and bam, this is the perfect match, I feel like shell put some diva in me finally! Barbie Beast here I come :) But on the other hand I gotta be able to practice. This is throwing a new dynamic in for time and how to so well see how I find my groove with that any suggestions are welcome :)

AudreyFunk
02-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Today I will allow myself to be a hater, loll, but with humor of course. So for venereal disease day (cuz someone in this world got more than they bargained for) or obligatory sex with unattractive spouse day, I emotionally bludgeoned myself on the stairmill, 50lbs in a mofo backpack. I have no ass genetically and have been spending the better part of my total gym life trying to achieve a bumper butt. Plus making my "booty pop" as posing coach says prob is less intensely hard when there is actually a booty to pop. Tonight I will wear red, fart on people that are bragging about their romantic husbands, and do a heavy ass back night complete with core training ideas courtesy of Suz n Gail! Heart ya ladies!

The Prodigy
02-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Just remember that farts spread just as fast as vdiseases! So instead of hating on men who 99% of the time think with the wrong head....love yourself SOOO much that no one else has to!

Sunnyday
02-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Just remember that farts spread just as fast as vdiseases! So instead of hating on men who 99% of the time think with the wrong head....love yourself SOOO much that no one else has to!

^Gail, I'd rep you for this but the powers that be tell me I need to share the love. Sweet post!

Audrey, props for taking something negative and turning it into a kick-ass training session in the gym!

AudreyFunk
02-14-2012, 09:59 PM

I did lol with a trip to ULTA 335 rack deads and dying my daughter a red strand of hair for the first time :) Hope you had a good day too :)

AudreyFunk
02-14-2012, 10:04 PM
^Gail, I'd rep you for this but the powers that be tell me I need to share the love. Sweet post!

Audrey, props for taking something negative and turning it into a kick-ass training session in the gym!

It was sooooooo kick ass. I was ALLLLLLIIIVVVVEEE lol. I am am married to a very unromantic man so its hard, his looks make up for it to me lol, but to my sheer suprise he handed me a card today, the first card EVER and i mean even when we were dating! So I was pretty satisfied with that gesture. I just like hating on a gooey holiday, too many opportunities to crack inappropriate jokes :) or all holidays for that manner haha HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!

Bronwyn
02-15-2012, 03:28 AM
Nice with the card... BTW: is he rather a down to earth? Sometimes it is a bigger plus than romantic guy, who can not solve day-by-day problems :)

AudreyFunk
02-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Nice with the card... BTW: is he rather a down to earth? Sometimes it is a bigger plus than romantic guy, who can not solve day-by-day problems :)

That is why I am ok with no romance haha. He can fix anything/kill anything/cook anything - perfect animal husband haha but highly allergic to romance. I was so touched that he tried. I keep reminding myself that the romantic ones have a hard time keeping their pants on around everything.

Sunnyday
02-15-2012, 01:59 PM
that is why i am ok with no romance haha. He can fix anything/kill anything/cook anything - perfect animal husband haha but highly allergic to romance. I was so touched that he tried. I keep reminding myself that the romantic ones have a hard time keeping their pants on around everything.

truth!!

AudreyFunk
02-16-2012, 03:13 PM
New sleep medication prescribed today, potential side effect, sleep eating and cooking.......why cant it be sleep sexing?

katt981
02-16-2012, 03:27 PM
LOL - that's a good one! Sleep eating?? - not so good....

Suzanne
02-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Sleep eating does not sound like a good side affect lol my mom used to take ambien hate that shit she ended up in the hospital twice cuz she would wake up and forget she already took it.

I am so glad you guys like the videos! I really love watchign people train get psyched off the intensity and learn new things.

We lived in Chicago well Buffalo Grove for 5 years and never went to Shedd's just kept putting it off never really thinking we would suddenly move to hell.

HAving a posing coach will really help. I am so stiff and have to do borign routine or i look stupid certainly can't do teh dancy girly ones

AudreyFunk
02-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Sleep eating does not sound like a good side affect lol my mom used to take ambien hate that shit she ended up in the hospital twice cuz she would wake up and forget she already took it.

I am so glad you guys like the videos! I really love watchign people train get psyched off the intensity and learn new things.

We lived in Chicago well Buffalo Grove for 5 years and never went to Shedd's just kept putting it off never really thinking we would suddenly move to hell.

I think North Chicago is hell, that is where I live lol. I think this is my fourth or fifth prescription I've tried! Oh the stories of me on Ambien...... not flattering, on ambien and especially on ambien cr. I just cant seem to stay asleep lately and its affecting me pretty bad, I hide it well. I LOVED SHEDDS, one of the most interesting places I've been to, I was used to Sea World because I am from north of Orlando. La'Drissa Rules but I am having trouble on my own practicing. Like am I doing it right I don't know, you've been there lol, or not. I think I def need to get a routine, but pretty blank right now.
HAving a posing coach will really help. I am so stiff and have to do borign routine or i look stupid certainly can't do teh dancy girly ones
I think North Chicago is hell, that is where I live lol. I think this is my fourth or fifth prescription I've tried! Oh the stories of me on Ambien...... not flattering, on ambien and especially on ambien cr. I just cant seem to stay asleep lately and its affecting me pretty bad, I hide it well. I LOVED SHEDDS, one of the most interesting places I've been to, I was used to Sea World because I am from north of Orlando. La'Drissa Rules but I am having trouble on my own practicing. Like am I doing it right I don't know, you've been there lol, or not. I think I def need to get a routine, but pretty blank right now.

Sunnyday
02-16-2012, 10:52 PM
A sleeping med with sleep sexing side effects gets my vote! :yep:

The Prodigy
02-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Glad you like LaDrissa! Come to my neck of the woods and train! If you want to pose with another Physique Pro I can recommend someone to you!

AudreyFunk
02-17-2012, 03:18 PM
A sleeping med with sleep sexing side effects gets my vote! :yep:

That is why I lock my unused sleep meds away from hubby. He blacks out n goes alpha male, FOREVER...........not always a blessing...

Glad you like LaDrissa! Come to my neck of the woods and train! If you want to pose with another Physique Pro I can recommend someone to you!

Gail I can travel to different gyms monday and friday nights and sunday mornings! I love to train, Im like the eager lab lol. I need someone to practice posing with so very bad. I videotaped La'Drissas session but alone practicing seems like I am practicing the wrong moves if you get what I am trying to say. Like how do I know if my booty is popping (love the way she says that) if I cant see the said popping booty.....and am I practicing it wrong.....how did you start posing and getting good at it?

AudreyFunk
02-17-2012, 03:24 PM
HOLY HELL Rozerem is not for me. Spent the night up with a true anxiety attack and its residual effects. My heart would not stop pounding. And today I feel like there is a cloud over my head, I cant concentrate and I feel down knowing I have nothing to be down about! Im am usually this energetic odd wonky perky person, now I just feel stoned. The doc at the VA cant seem to put together that I don't think just do all day (mom train school train mom wife wife eat eat eat plan for next day), I have the metabolism of a jackrabbit right now because of contest prep, and I cant get my brain to shut off at night, its not depression so I refuse to go on an antidepressant, but the variety of no sleep and sleep meds that dont work is going to give me the blues! Hoping some soulful gym time tonight will help.

Sunnyday
02-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Buh. :( So sorry you have to go through that, Audrey! I am a complete grouch when I don't sleep. Didn't get much last night myself but thankfully not for the same reason as yours. Hope you find something that works soon.

AudreyFunk
02-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Buh. :( So sorry you have to go through that, Audrey! I am a complete grouch when I don't sleep. Didn't get much last night myself but thankfully not for the same reason as yours. Hope you find something that works soon.

Dear Jesus me too! Or I might go feral and end up on the 11:00 news!

carrierapp
02-17-2012, 05:50 PM
That is why I am ok with no romance haha. He can fix anything/kill anything/cook anything - perfect animal husband haha but highly allergic to romance. I was so touched that he tried. I keep reminding myself that the romantic ones have a hard time keeping their pants on around everything.

My bf got me heart balloons, chocolates(as a weight for the balloons), and then went and got us a sweet portable electric blender/shaker and some of my favorite protein and 2 Supreme Protein bars(Hello PB and J! I love you! LOL!) I was honestly more excited about the blender/shaker bottles and protein than the balloons and chocolates(though the chocolates were a close 2nd) :P

I've got a friend who has been having trouble sleeping for the past 10 years. I can't imagine that. The sleep meds shes been prescribed either 1)keep her awake after shes been asleep for an hour or 2, or 2)if she doesn't take them, she doesn't sleep at all. 10 years of that? Wow. Shes seeing a sleep specialist now, and I wish I could offer you more insight or relay something I've learned from her but it seems like a mystery. She has the same issues as you do, only she doesn't compete, which is probably best. I know it MUST be very trying for you at times, especially with prep. *hugs*

AudreyFunk
02-17-2012, 10:03 PM
My bf got me heart balloons, chocolates(as a weight for the balloons), and then went and got us a sweet portable electric blender/shaker and some of my favorite protein and 2 Supreme Protein bars(Hello PB and J! I love you! LOL!) I was honestly more excited about the blender/shaker bottles and protein than the balloons and chocolates(though the chocolates were a close 2nd) :P

I've got a friend who has been having trouble sleeping for the past 10 years. I can't imagine that. The sleep meds shes been prescribed either 1)keep her awake after shes been asleep for an hour or 2, or 2)if she doesn't take them, she doesn't sleep at all. 10 years of that? Wow. Shes seeing a sleep specialist now, and I wish I could offer you more insight or relay something I've learned from her but it seems like a mystery. She has the same issues as you do, only she doesn't compete, which is probably best. I know it MUST be very trying for you at times, especially with prep. *hugs*

Oh dear I hope it doesn't last for ten years! Its been a little over two of on and off episodes, this one being the worst and the only one really I truly needed prescription meds for. So fingers crossed I can solve this issue! It seems I can function on this level but I never seem to feel rested because my mind never shuts off for more than a couple hours lol! Thanks for the kind words though!

AudreyFunk
02-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Ambien CR and Flexaril, slept like a baby for once! Had I think to be my last cheat with my daughter today, omlette and 9grain pancakes with figs and walnuts, I know the 12 weeks will blow by fast, I ready for this. Hoping I look good for the shoot in 2 weeks at the Arnold, Dan Ray is the best and I owe my first set of awesome pics to him! I hope all the ladies r having a funktastic saturday! I think Im going to go finally do nothing and sit :)

The Prodigy
02-18-2012, 10:35 PM
That is why I lock my unused sleep meds away from hubby. He blacks out n goes alpha male, FOREVER...........not always a blessing...

Gail I can travel to different gyms monday and friday nights and sunday mornings! I love to train, Im like the eager lab lol. I need someone to practice posing with so very bad. I videotaped La'Drissas session but alone practicing seems like I am practicing the wrong moves if you get what I am trying to say. Like how do I know if my booty is popping (love the way she says that) if I cant see the said popping booty.....and am I practicing it wrong.....how did you start posing and getting good at it?

I still have a posing coach! He is also my trainer so I am blessed! We have another IFBB Women's Physique pro I can get you in contact with who lives in IL as well. You have to find "your own way" of posing. Something that makes you comfortable!

AudreyFunk
02-19-2012, 04:56 PM
I still have a posing coach! He is also my trainer so I am blessed! We have another IFBB Women's Physique pro I can get you in contact with who lives in IL as well. You have to find "your own way" of posing. Something that makes you comfortable!

I got great feedback from La'Drissa which gave me more confidence to dig deeper when I am practicing on my own. Need to find a way to smile that is pretty and less hard, smiling practice! I think I am starting as you say to come into my own style, gotta let my Funk flag fly! Def more motivation to get to the gym a little earlier each day to hijack the big mirror room! Once again thank you for hooking me up with La'Drissa. Who is the other Il state pro?? I am curious! I def cant afford any more coaching or training bc I just started with a nanny to not let the pre contest schedule effect my daughters life :( hands tied for now, not to mention having to replace my ipod that got stolen this week boo....

Alwayslovlee
02-19-2012, 06:35 PM
I love La Drissa she so positive and gives great advice.

The Prodigy
02-20-2012, 11:24 AM
I got great feedback from La'Drissa which gave me more confidence to dig deeper when I am practicing on my own. Need to find a way to smile that is pretty and less hard, smiling practice! I think I am starting as you say to come into my own style, gotta let my Funk flag fly! Def more motivation to get to the gym a little earlier each day to hijack the big mirror room! Once again thank you for hooking me up with La'Drissa. Who is the other Il state pro?? I am curious! I def cant afford any more coaching or training bc I just started with a nanny to not let the pre contest schedule effect my daughters life :( hands tied for now, not to mention having to replace my ipod that got stolen this week boo....

Which new IPOD did you buy? I have had mine since 2007 and I always thought about which one I would buy if I had to get another! I am glad you are not letting your contest prep affect your daughter! It is hard to not let it affect outside entities! I still struggle with this every year!

AudreyFunk
02-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Which new IPOD did you buy? I have had mine since 2007 and I always thought about which one I would buy if I had to get another! I am glad you are not letting your contest prep affect your daughter! It is hard to not let it affect outside entities! I still struggle with this every year!

I got the ipod touch, its tiny and clips on and works like an iphone sort of. Found them new and used on amazon from $80 and up, selling my iphone 4 if anyone you know is interested, we upgraded to the 4s and I have the 4 just sitting here. Thankfully the husband is with a new division of crybabies (as he puts it) as I am single for the next 8 weeks lol! So I can be as tired and grumpy or tunnel vision or whatever and he wont complain! Daughter that is harder but I think the addition of a nanny 3x a week will help a LOT! Plus it frees me up to travel to different gyms (hint hint)!

I love La Drissa she so positive and gives great advice.

I love her! Only 2 sessions in and I feel great under her guidance, best investment in my prep!

Sunnyday
02-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Finding a great posing coach you click with is key IMO.

AudreyFunk
02-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Finding a great posing coach you click with is key IMO.

I agree totally, I think right trainer too, I have two trainers and a posing coach and only the posing coach lives in this state. Lol I think I am at an age where I just know what I can get along with and learn from and what I just cant or wont for that matter. Not to say my first coach wasn't bad, too long a drive through rush hour Chicago traffic too often lol! I do miss someone pushing me in the gym, I never get that anymore, all my gym partners at my home gym I beat up and the girls wont come near me :( I must smell. One girl rocks but she lives an hour away as well. I miss the intensity :(

Sunnyday
02-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Mama, I feel your pain on the trainer and training partner things. I had a great trainer, but just couldn't afford to have him PLUS diet coach PLUS posing coach for prep, so I had to make some hard choices. I don't necessarily need the push as much as I'd like a reliable bber to tell me when enough is enough so I don't overdo it, and also yell at me when my form gets poor. As for training partners, aside from some ultra-cool triathletes who prefer to do their own thing, the peeps in my gym are either cardio queens or those who like to lift with the idea of not breaking a sweat so they have enough energy to gossip. Not down with sissy weights, gossip, or cardio, so...sigh...I have no choice but to fly solo when it comes to training. Love that I can rely on you peeps and my coaches to give me the encouragement when I need it to push myself but I sure would love to have a reliable spot for those heavy lifts and having someone who "gets it" to rejoice with me in person when I hit a PR...y'know?!!

Speaking of training partners, how's Sheri doing these days? That video of the two of you killing legs was awesome. :)

The Prodigy
02-21-2012, 01:33 PM
If you want to come down and train with me and my training partner you are welcome to! Mondays, Tuesdays or Fridays(starting in March). Other than those days I am with my trainer....

AudreyFunk
02-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Mama, I feel your pain on the trainer and training partner things. I had a great trainer, but just couldn't afford to have him PLUS diet coach PLUS posing coach for prep, so I had to make some hard choices. I don't necessarily need the push as much as I'd like a reliable bber to tell me when enough is enough so I don't overdo it, and also yell at me when my form gets poor. As for training partners, aside from some ultra-cool triathletes who prefer to do their own thing, the peeps in my gym are either cardio queens or those who like to lift with the idea of not breaking a sweat so they have enough energy to gossip. Not down with sissy weights, gossip, or cardio, so...sigh...I have no choice but to fly solo when it comes to training. Love that I can rely on you peeps and my coaches to give me the encouragement when I need it to push myself but I sure would love to have a reliable spot for those heavy lifts and having someone who "gets it" to rejoice with me in person when I hit a PR...y'know?!!

Speaking of training partners, how's Sheri doing these days? That video of the two of you killing legs was awesome. :)

Sheri is doing good. Her head is in the game and I think she is finding her own groove to the stage this time, lol. I love her to death. We r planning on making a shoulder video this thursday ;) stay tuned! I hear ya on the general gym population lol, SAME HERE, I call them fluff faries!

If you want to come down and train with me and my training partner you are welcome to! Mondays, Tuesdays or Fridays(starting in March). Other than those days I am with my trainer....
What do you train on Mondays and Fridays?? I am definitely interested in a change of pace! You are awesome thank you!

AudreyFunk
02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Soooooooooo bad night had home drama that usually robs me of any little restful sleep I get to begin with! On top of that the belts in my car shredded on the way home from cardio this morning. lmbo oh jeez!! All I can do is throw my hands in the air and go oh well. Nothing will deter me away from training though, nothing, I am on point for 12 weeks out, lean and ripped with strength still, I will not throw in any towel.

Sunnyday
02-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Sheri is doing good. Her head is in the game and I think she is finding her own groove to the stage this time, lol. I love her to death. We r planning on making a shoulder video this thursday ;) stay tuned! I hear ya on the general gym population lol, SAME HERE, I call them fluff faries!

What do you train on Mondays and Fridays?? I am definitely interested in a change of pace! You are awesome thank you!

:jump:

Oh yeah!! Vids please of all of the above!!

AudreyFunk
02-21-2012, 11:08 PM
I have never posted a work out so here is my first post. Epic back day, a little under caloried but strong.

Posing Practice:15min

Rack Deads
12x225
10X275
8x295
6x315
4x325

Pull Ups overhand slightly wide (weighted)
5x10
5x25
4x25
without weight 10

Underhand bent BB rows
8x135
8x145
6x155
6x155

Underhand Cable rows
15x110
15x120
15x130

Straight Arm bent pulldowns
20x90x3

DB Pullovers
10x50x3

Abs 30 min
Cardio 20 min

Im exhausted

Bronwyn
02-22-2012, 03:48 AM
hang in there girl. Crazy rack pulls weight yay!

I never had that problem with sleeping except high carb days... but I never solved it. I simply think when my body do not need it - OK - when the need will come, I will sleep. The only one pain in the ass is what to do when you are fresh in the night (I used to cook and do cardio back in that days... LOL).

Anyway with the eating during sleeping - I remember back in time I had really living nightmares, that I go to the fridge and there is a plenty of food and I am just few weeks precontest and can not stop myself to eat..... Each morning I woke up sweaty and I run to the fridge if it was really only a dream....

The Prodigy
02-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Right now what my schedule is is not what it will be after my PLing meet in 3 weeks. Not sure when you are looking to come down!

AudreyFunk
02-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Right now what my schedule is is not what it will be after my PLing meet in 3 weeks. Not sure when you are looking to come down!

I can come friday or monday those are the evenings that I have a nanny. :)

hang in there girl. Crazy rack pulls weight yay!

I never had that problem with sleeping except high carb days... but I never solved it. I simply think when my body do not need it - OK - when the need will come, I will sleep. The only one pain in the ass is what to do when you are fresh in the night (I used to cook and do cardio back in that days... LOL).

Anyway with the eating during sleeping - I remember back in time I had really living nightmares, that I go to the fridge and there is a plenty of food and I am just few weeks precontest and can not stop myself to eat..... Each morning I woke up sweaty and I run to the fridge if it was really only a dream....

Oh lordy you made me laugh so hard! well imagine you go to the fridge and it looks like a drunk rat went through it, yes thats me. Doc prescribed a combo of Ambien CR and Flexaril to see if that wont knock me out cold. Its like tranquilizing a Rhino! I wouldnt mind not sleeping if it didnt make me suffer so much when awake. I turn into a zombie. Couple time I hallucinated, not good. I am a hyper person, my brain wont shut off. Great for this lifestyle and that only haha!

Sunnyday
02-22-2012, 09:03 PM
LOL at tranquilizing a rhino! :lmao:

Crazy strong training, girl! Yeah, I'd say you killed it DEAD! I can't imagine anybody could pull that off and NOT be exhausted!!

AudreyFunk
02-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Today was hams and glutes n calves: (its all a blur I cant feel from the waist down)

7 sets 15 reps lying ham curls going up in weight I dont remember where I started ended at 80

One leg presses
15x90
15x110
15x130
15x140

Pre weight BB Step ups
10each legx70x3

Good Mornings BB
20x55
20x65
20x75

One leg cable kick backs pausing at top 2 sec
20 each legx35
20x40
20x45

Standing calf raises
12x200-toes in
12x210-toes out
12z220-toes straight
12x230-toes straight

Repeat same thing on seated calf raises

10 min med pace stair climb with 2 10lb ankle weights
10min med pace setp ups on stairclimber with above weights in backpack

yep cant feel my ass.

katt981
02-23-2012, 11:29 AM
wow - ankle weights then weights in the backpack?? Sounds BRUTAL - but, I'll have to try it...LOL

AudreyFunk
02-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Girls the week has been rough lol, one car family still, and we now have potentially a new 12 year old daughter on the way that ive only met once (llloooonnngg story), big stuff. Plus the perpetual no sleeping but hey I think I may have found the combo that'll take this yeti, Ambien CR and muscle relaxer (flexaril) I am not a fan of drugs but a whole night sleep undisturbed was achieved and all under a fair amount of mental stress. Puked after fasted cardio this morning, something I have never done, but still made it to train tonight:

Seated static Presses:
8x115
8x125
8X135
8X135

Seated Lateral raises Thumb pointing to ground:
12x15
12x15
12x20
12x20

Incline bench per set BB raises:
30x12
30x12
40x12
40x12

Kneeling overhead cable crossovers:
12x35
12x40
12x45
12x50

Cardio Fast pace stairmill 2o min

Bronwyn
02-24-2012, 04:26 AM
Oh lordy you made me laugh so hard! well imagine you go to the fridge and it looks like a drunk rat went through it, yes thats me. Doc prescribed a combo of Ambien CR and Flexaril to see if that wont knock me out cold. Its like tranquilizing a Rhino! I wouldnt mind not sleeping if it didnt make me suffer so much when awake. I turn into a zombie. Couple time I hallucinated, not good. I am a hyper person, my brain wont shut off. Great for this lifestyle and that only haha!

LOL with this too.
What about good old melatonine - that helped me not to sleep at all - but to regenerate during short sleep only, it helps with better recovery after only few hours of sleep....
Some people here told that they can not sleep when having no carbs in their diet.... as leptine levels in the brain goes low. I am opposite case - when I am on zero carbs (keto) I sleep with no problems, when I take some carbs - I am all night "fresh"... so what is your case - sensitive to too low or too high carbs maybe?

The Prodigy
02-24-2012, 12:38 PM
If it weren't for Somolyze I would NEVER sleep!

Sunnyday
02-24-2012, 02:26 PM
I swear by ZMA myself. Thankfully I haven't needed to go the prescription route.

AudreyFunk
02-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Ladies I am dropping in quick. I have had no time to sit at my computer, been definitely and clearly burning the candle at both ends. Finalizing buying a car today, no more 1 car family, and getting the last shit done to go to the arnold. Im so lean that 2 more weeks I could go on stage and I am EXHAUSTED and not thinking straight. Hearts and Hugs!

Sunnyday
02-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Congrats on the 2nd car, mama! And have some SERIOUSLY well-earned fun at the Arnold! :hugme:

AudreyFunk
03-06-2012, 08:58 AM
The Arnold was amazing. The shoot, though almost didnt happen! You guys know I prepped for this shoot like a show so when sat morning the shoot got moved then cancelled due to the all over madness of the weekend I was more than sad lol, but as a miracle happens the next day we shot, and I mean last minute, I was not dried out, I had definitely eaten and to me my hair and makeup was not as on point as ocd as I wante it to be but the pics turned out pretty cool! I got to meet Flex Lewis and we had more than one interaction, I think he took a little liking to the Audrey Funk, even had lunch with him and his personal team after my shoot, hard to play it cool when my little heart was pounding the whole time. All in all I say this weekend was a success. My trainer told me I need to soften for a bit or I will come in too hard for my show so thats a blessing lol! Off to start another training day in the line of days to the stage!

The Prodigy
03-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Glad you got to shoot! What a relief! Can't wait to see the pics. I always need 3 days to recover from the Arnold!

Sunnyday
03-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Yay! Glad you got to shoot after all! Can't wait to see some of them. :)

Suzanne
03-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Sounds like a great time! Post up some pics!

AudreyFunk
03-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Ok...Life has resumed a semi normal pace....now I can have time to get on here again! Gosh it took me a week after the Arnold shoot to get my life back together. Dieted already 9 weeks, 9 more to go.....

3/10/12
Fasted abs/Cardio 30min

Hams/Glutes
6 sets lying curls 15reps increasing a plate till 80

Sumo DB squats (stick that ass out)
60lbsx20
70lbsx20
80lbsx20
90lbsx20

One Leg press
90lbsx12each leg
110lbsx12each leg
130lbsx12each leg
140lbsx12each leg

Good Mornings reverse stance on Hack (no idea of short name)
50x12
50x12
50x12
70x12

DB Stiff leg deads feet on pennys
50x12
55x12
60x12
70x12

Walking Lunges
60lb preset
10 steps each leg
3 sets
goooooooo deeeeeeep n loooooooooong lol

Calves
Seated and donkey
all sets toes in / straight / out 4 sets 10 reps each position 30 reps

Abs

Cardio Climb first with weighted ankles 10lbs each leg
then with weighted backpack 50lbs

My ass hurts. Im on a heatpad (really really focused on form made a big diff)

Sunnyday
03-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Killa leg day, girl! Inspiring to say the least! :)

alainaravens
03-12-2012, 10:33 AM
I have that feeling right about now I feel ontop of the world with my mind but my body given once taste of a weakness would break lol sushi and ice cream r my favorites

Suzanne
03-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Nice leg WO. I like doing those on the hacksquat.

AudreyFunk
03-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Hey hey ladies! Oh Damn I am burned out! 12 weeks of being on a diet, 8 weeks out big step up time. Im a little discouraged because of the results of the last Physique pro show. Girls that had no prep were winning?? I killed myself since Jr Nats last year to put on size, killing myself with dieting to come down. now I gotta do what??? I am confused and discouraged. This is my solution so far, come up on cardio go down on weight stay in the 15 rep range minimal rest. I just dont know wtf I am doing, my trainer seems to have an idea but he is swamped with other clients and I feel bad whining to him or afraid to ask the million questions I have. I feel SO FARKING FRUSTRATED. I have no work out partner and things are just weird. I feel like I know what I need to do but am afraid I will put in all the time and work only to come home empty handed.

AudreyFunk
03-19-2012, 02:17 PM
116814 Dan Ray

Sunnyday
03-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Love the pic, girl! I can't imagine what you physique ladies are going through with judging all over the map...UGH!! I think you have the right idea - pick a direction and just go with it.

AudreyFunk
03-23-2012, 01:41 PM
So I have to soften but get leaner......not as easy as it sounds. But after my miniature tantrum I am settled to be the best I can be in WPD. I think I am really going to enjoy coming down to a more feminine size although I didn't think I was big to begin with, I just have beastly lifting habits. Things are comin in nicely, the routine is choreographed by me :) and I am on track to stand n stage for Fox Cities April 28 then IL State May 12 depending on those we will see what I do after!!! . Had a few online psychopaths this week, one managed to get ahold of my personal number, that was really scary! Im tired but motivated. I am so so so so sorry I am not keeping up with you ladies as much as when I wasn't in hardcore 5 week out mode :( I seriously network and reply to emails on the shitter to save time. My husband is getting back to back divisions so single mom without the possibility of dating or smooching for another 10 weeks :( boo hoo! Thank you all who follow and support me I really take it seriously the time we devote to be competitors and at the same time women!!

Sunnyday
03-23-2012, 09:29 PM
No need to apologize for being in "the zone" at this point in your prep! I get that way too when I get closer to a show, as do many others here. We know you'll pop in and update us when you're up to it. ;)

My husband will be on business travel next month, so I'll be right there playing single parent with you...to THREE of them buggers!

AudreyFunk
03-24-2012, 10:49 PM
No need to apologize for being in "the zone" at this point in your prep! I get that way too when I get closer to a show, as do many others here. We know you'll pop in and update us when you're up to it. ;)

My husband will be on business travel next month, so I'll be right there playing single parent with you...to THREE of them buggers!

Wow thank you! I lose friendship easily because people take this personal when all I am doing is training with horse blinders lol!! I am so very tired. The candle is again lit brightly at both ends but I must say there is this thing that is in me that just goes and gets it done. I mean I dont even wanna talk shop when Im not in the gym lol or on here of course! Its the right feeling for this close, even a little soon, Id rather lean early and soften than lean in time. Id feel more comfortable with that! Its the people I am surrounded by and communicate with daily that push me, make me feel stronger, because if I were in this alone id have given up! I think at this point I should be focusing on cardio and just adding the finishing touches to higher reps in the smaller extremeties. Im excited, and tired, and very alone at home but I knew this was coming!

Bronwyn
03-27-2012, 03:32 AM
Hi Audrey. good luck. I know these feelings - I have them close to contest too and I bet many of us close the last days. With WPD - I have my debut over. I came there soft, less conditioned as I had no time for proper long diet (my diets are 30+ weeks long, this year I did only 15 weeks...) anyway I placed always somewhere in the crowd... conditioning did a huge part but also I was considered I am too wide. So now I am also thinking hard what to do next.... As in front of me were girls who were really hard and almost bodybuilding conditioning, same as girls soft as me - anyway all of them were mainly NARROW. Some wider girls do not flex that much to look smaller - as I noticed at home from videos. so this is what I observed....

AudreyFunk
03-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Hi Audrey. good luck. I know these feelings - I have them close to contest too and I bet many of us close the last days. With WPD - I have my debut over. I came there soft, less conditioned as I had no time for proper long diet (my diets are 30+ weeks long, this year I did only 15 weeks...) anyway I placed always somewhere in the crowd... conditioning did a huge part but also I was considered I am too wide. So now I am also thinking hard what to do next.... As in front of me were girls who were really hard and almost bodybuilding conditioning, same as girls soft as me - anyway all of them were mainly NARROW. Some wider girls do not flex that much to look smaller - as I noticed at home from videos. so this is what I observed....

Its confusing the heck out of me what they want. I am coming in soft but very lean. Posing is a big ???? what should it look like!?! Hahaha but I am bringing in a beautiful body to the stage, this is so much sexier than last year when I was just ripped and lean. There is a lot of feminine to my look my butt is cuter. Last year I just looked dried up and old haha! When you say wide you mean the back or the waist? I have no hips my shape is straight so a tiny waist look is hard for me even at below 10% body fat. Did the changing of the carbs work well for you this year? I have been full of carbs but higher cardio and it has given me this lean and soft look, I start carb cycling this week 2 low 1 high till the stage so I don't know what I will look like next week! Thank you so much for reading and keeping track of me! I know how busy we are. I am headed towards a little bit of an emotional meltdown haha

Bronwyn
03-29-2012, 02:55 AM
Wide I meant the overall look... bone structure (in my case in all - I have wider hips but also shoulders) I was bloated but I had a lot of problems before the first show (stomache bug + PMS) and I only dried it before the second show. Posing is OK - as for me I was used to it from NABBA - anyway I noticed some girls DO NOT POSE their lats in front and rear basic stand. They are not trying to be wide anyway - they just stand with their hands aside the torso....I did not noticed it and posed as I was used to.
In San Diego, what was bigger show, girls in finals were ripped as FBB!!! No way soft... I would say - amateurs were HARDER THAN PROS (?) :confused:

The Prodigy
03-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Are you doing physique at the Illinois State?

Who is helping you with posing?

AudreyFunk
03-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Are you doing physique at the Illinois State?

Who is helping you with posing?

Hey Gail! You hooked me up with La'Drissa! I see her again this Sunday :)

The Prodigy
03-30-2012, 12:58 AM
Hey Gail! You hooked me up with La'Drissa! I see her again this Sunday :)

I didn't know the IL State would have Physique this year!

The Prodigy
04-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Congratulations on Earning April Training Journal of the Month!

We truly think you are an amazing RX Girl and we appreciate all of your support, willingness to share and endless drive and motivation to be the best YOU! You are a contributor on the boards, you post pictures, workouts, motivational posts and comment in others journals to keep us all inspired! Keep up the incredible work and Keep KILLIN it in the gym! You now have your own photographic banner ad on the homepage of RX Girl! Hugs!

Sunnyday
04-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Yeah!!

:jump:

Congrats, Audrey! Well deserved!!

Bronwyn
04-02-2012, 06:28 AM
Great, congrats and keep it up! I cant wait now how your competition will turn around :)

katt981
04-02-2012, 10:52 PM
congrats! JOTM!! ;)

Suzanne
04-04-2012, 01:32 AM
I know the wp is very frustrating. The way I look at competing is not what do they want but what kind of body do I want year round. For me I like my size (which I don't consider big at all) so I will brign my best ME to stage if that wins a trohy or pro card it does if not I knwo that I did not sacrefice what i like to make someone else happy. Even female bodybuidlign can be hard sometimes they go soft others hard somtimes they go with sturcture and potential even thoguh the person could clearly have been WAY more conditioned. Go for what make you happy the look YOU liek the training YOU like. Trophy's are just.

Congrats on journal of the month

AudreyFunk
04-05-2012, 02:41 PM
congratulations on earning april training journal of the month!

we truly think you are an amazing rx girl and we appreciate all of your support, willingness to share and endless drive and motivation to be the best you! You are a contributor on the boards, you post pictures, workouts, motivational posts and comment in others journals to keep us all inspired! Keep up the incredible work and keep killin it in the gym! you now have your own photographic banner ad on the homepage of rx girl! Hugs!

holy cow i just saw this im so bad!!! Yeay!!!

AudreyFunk
04-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Holy cow I am so honored! I have been underwater for days and I get to the surface and find out I am RX training journal of the month! Spring break sick kids and very unreliable hubby has mad me nuts! 3 weeks to go to Fox Cities on April 28! I am dialing in maybe harder than what had been rewarded on the pro level but I have time to soften, and man the low low low energy is reflecting it lol. I have to literally go to another place on the 45 minute stair climbes twice a day! Golly I am so very honored and feel so very guilty that I was not on here sooner! The time constraints of being wife and mom first then giving my 100% to training has left the internet in the expendable zone for the moment. But alas I have free time and its like CHRISTMAS! Thank you all for supporting me I couldnt be more honored!

AudreyFunk
04-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Had a wonderful Easter! Enjoyed my daughter and had a wonderful cheat Easter breakfast! The Easter Bunny was super good to her this year, living vicariously lol!!
M energy is good, I feel good. Still wondering what Ill look like at the end! Starting the wind down today, low low carbs till I carb up during peak week! Im still lifting like I do regularly because truthfully its what makes me happy and until the criteria clears itself up in this division ill just stay with what I know best, SHEBEAST!

The Prodigy
04-09-2012, 11:52 PM
I love your attitude! It is contagious!

Bronwyn
04-10-2012, 03:01 AM
Good way, stay with doing what is the best for you. the wider and bigger and better we will be there - the better the standards finally will be :)

AudreyFunk
04-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Aw u girls are fantastic! I have to remember during prep to remind myself of why I do this to begin with! The love of the lifting, the love of the art of sculpting and molding ones body! Even if I do not do well on stage I feel good as a person :) as an athlete. It is a lifestyle not a life, I have to still be capable of being the best mom and wife I can be!! I am very grateful for you ladies and my opportunity to freely express how I feel on here! Now if I could just get this darn NASM certification finished lol!!!!!!!!!

AudreyFunk
04-14-2012, 12:34 PM
I am so humbled by training these days.
If it were not for my partner I would not be pushing as hard, it is nice to have the support this year in the gym as well as all the support from my trainer and figure support outside the gym.
The hardest part this year is finding the balance between training and life. I have my daughter and my studies and keeping up with the 200% of the household duties. I have to remind myself to feel my feelings on the inside on a minute by minute basis.
But I am grateful to even be able to participate in a sport! Humbled by the effort I am putting in. Thanking the Lord for the people in my life.
Going to travel to a different gym today, maybe the change of surroundings will provise a little more fire under my arse :)

Sunnyday
04-14-2012, 03:45 PM
I hear you on being humbled by training...and balancing training with life as a mom and wife to me is the ultimate challenge. If it weren't for my family depending on me to get in and out of the gym within a set amount of time and still be at my best for them plus a coach who expects me to give everything I do my 100% best effort, I'm sure I wouldn't push myself as hard either.

If you need ideas on the balancing of household duties, check out flylady.net. The Flylady is awesome in taking your household duties and creating a weekly and monthly split, much like we split our training for the week. Her methods have helped me tremendously so that I get tons done without getting overwhelmed with what I don't get done.

Hope you had a great day of training in the different gym!

Bronwyn
04-16-2012, 05:01 AM
Girls I admire you all having kids and family and household.. and doing the sport. I have only my 8hrs job + my man and I have to admit that close to competitions I am not able to do single important decision. Off course we all have to... as we do not live in bubbles. But for example I gave up cleaning etc. so always after competitions I have weekends when repairing all I neglected during my prep.

Audrey - new gym or changing something, visit some event etc. always keeps me moving forward. Good idea!

The Prodigy
04-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Balance is key! You should read Allison Moyer's newest article on maintaining balance! VERY well written!

AudreyFunk
04-24-2012, 01:36 PM
5 days to go!! I am mid carb deplete I feel dry and awful but I still have a lot more energy in the gym. Thanks to being able to stop the double 45 min step mill sessions on Saturday as well as all fat burners so I get some real sleep! My life is a mess these days, makes me enjoy the control of the contest prep. I think this year it was more about controlling the emotions than the hunger. My life is about change, again, and what the hell bring it on! Ill still compete no matter how people may think it is ridiculous, its my second love to my daughter, and friggin life is short either we do what we love and love doing it no matter what the benefits or just live by the naysayers standards, which one I want is clear. I am grateful and happy to be able to walk on stage Saturday, thank you GOD for all he has blessed me with as far as positive people and influences in my life. Such a wonderful team I have had this year!
So gonna hit a little back and bis today enjoy more posing practice, watch my daughter's taekwondo, stick to the plan!

Bronwyn
04-25-2012, 03:13 AM
wow peaking is here! Enjoy that week! Cant wait to see pics from the show :)

Sunnyday
04-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Peak week...woot-woot! Start your engines and get ready to funkin' kill it! :D

The Prodigy
04-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Congrats on your first place finish girl! SOOOO nice to hang with you! Looking forward to touching boobies again! lol!!!

AudreyFunk
04-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Congrats on your first place finish girl! SOOOO nice to hang with you! Looking forward to touching boobies again! lol!!!
Bwhahahaha thank you! Def Ill touch boobs anytime lol. Let me know where to find the interview although I think it is me all stumbling over myself haha

Sunnyday
04-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Hyooge congrats, Audrey! :hugme:

katt981
04-30-2012, 10:19 AM
CONGRATULATIONS! That's so AWESOME! :)

AudreyFunk
04-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Thank you so much ladies! It was such a pleasure competing this weekend but back to the grind. I think either I have the flu or its just the enormous amount of terrible food I consumed in 24 hours. My stomach officially hates me. 30 min of cardio this morning and I am done. Going to sleep the rest of the day and try to get some peace lol. Life does not stop but I am pushing it to resume tomorrow. Resumed diet today and truthfully I am happy. The food made my heart pound and feel awful. June 15 is right around the corner and this is no time to be getting off seasony! Thank you ladies so much for your support this prep. It really has been such a pleasure and source of relief being on this forum. Thank you!

Suzanne
04-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Congrats!!! Any pics?

AudreyFunk
05-01-2012, 12:42 PM

Bronwyn
05-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Congrats Audrey

AudreyFunk
05-02-2012, 08:59 AM
I have never had to stay lean between shows being that this is only my second season. I am a little over 6 weeks till Jr Nationals any advice from my ladies??

katt981
05-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Great pic! One of these days maybe I'll get to meet some of the peeps on here :) That would be cool. 6 weeks? Where is your next show?

AudreyFunk
05-07-2012, 02:00 PM
My next show is Junior Nationals on the 15 and 16 of June. I was going to do IL state but I decided on an earlier show to try to nationally qualify and I got it :) it is just the 20+ weeks of deting once I get there that is the exhausting part! When do you plan to compete??

katt981
05-07-2012, 02:42 PM
i have to start a savings plan 1st :) LOL We've gone to shows the last three weekends in a row, and it's so motivating, but I don't really know where I would 'fit'... I do have a gal that could probably help me figure that out (for a price).... and I would want to be sure I have enough time to bring my BEST package that I possibly can... still mulling it over. But you guys will be the first to know :)

The Prodigy
05-07-2012, 06:39 PM
My next show is Junior Nationals on the 15 and 16 of June. I was going to do IL state but I decided on an earlier show to try to nationally qualify and I got it :) it is just the 20+ weeks of deting once I get there that is the exhausting part! When do you plan to compete??

I will be there yelling fo yo arce! You going to the show on Sat?

Sunnyday
05-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Hmmm....time to change the title of this thread to Ms. Funk U 2012 road to Jr. Nationals?!

The Prodigy
05-08-2012, 06:35 PM
hmmm....time to change the title of this thread to ms. Funk u 2012 road to jr. Nationals?!

done!!

AudreyFunk
05-09-2012, 02:42 PM
LMAO GAIL YOU ROCK!!!! YOU REALLY ROCK!!! Did you ever find that interview?? I had a nightmare that I dropped an F bomb on it and some people we know were mad at me....I want to go to the show so bad Saturday night! I am definitely trying to fennagle a sitter because my eight year old is "uncomfortable" around men in speedos. And Katt I know some people that definitely can help you out. Are we friends on FB if not find me and PM me and Ill do what I can to hook u up right!

So I am exhausted ladies. My personal life has become a personal kind of hell no details need to be revealed as of yet but lets just say that the sense of control I have with the diet and the balllz to the wall training with my partner are the nest things in my life right now besides my little Coralie and her awesome 8 year old personality.

Today is back, I want to smash the FARK out of some rack deads, feel powerful and smile at the fact I passed 365lbs partially dieted! I truthfully dont know how to train any different and WPD is evolving in a manner that suits the training I love so far I think???? I also got a care package from ON today from the most Awesome Jay Jacobsen who I had the pleasure of meeting at the ON/ABB new product meeting at the Arnold this year. He really has quite an inspiring journey story. I just love the people I keep meeting! I know there are buttmunches everywhere in life but seriously God is working in my life in such a positive manner bringing me to some very special people and it is really getting me through the tuff stuff that is not in the gym. Ill let you girls know if I passed the 365 mark or not ;)

Bronwyn
05-10-2012, 06:11 AM
365 lbs is pretty strong.
I hope your personal life will be better soon...

katt981
05-10-2012, 10:58 AM
365... holy sheet! :) I saw the pic of the care package on FB... all I can say is 'SAAWEET!'

AudreyFunk
05-10-2012, 12:48 PM
I did not get to do rack deads. My training partner decided to hurt himself being foolish the day before so my workout was limited to what he can do. I feel awful that I was annoyed tho, hes walked me through so much recently and I was pretty annoyed that I couldn't go about my workout like I wanted to. I think it feels like its the last thing I can control. Then I started getting hearburn mid training and it was like every rep made it rise higher until I puked. It was an awful training day. Those have to happen to enjoy the epic ones I guess.

Personal life will be hell until I am able to safely do something about it. After a certain time frame I will open up more and share my journey and my story but for now I'm gonna keep it off the interweb because god knows who is reading not to insult my BEAuIFUL ladies on here!!

Today is Arms.....any suggestions to spruce it up?? Im thinking spider curlzzzz!

The Prodigy
05-10-2012, 01:39 PM
LMAO GAIL YOU ROCK!!!! YOU REALLY ROCK!!! Did you ever find that interview?? I had a nightmare that I dropped an F bomb on it and some people we know were mad at me....I want to go to the show so bad Saturday night! I am definitely trying to fennagle a sitter because my eight year old is "uncomfortable" around men in speedos. And Katt I know some people that definitely can help you out. Are we friends on FB if not find me and PM me and Ill do what I can to hook u up right!

So I am exhausted ladies. My personal life has become a personal kind of hell no details need to be revealed as of yet but lets just say that the sense of control I have with the diet and the balllz to the wall training with my partner are the nest things in my life right now besides my little Coralie and her awesome 8 year old personality.

Today is back, I want to smash the FARK out of some rack deads, feel powerful and smile at the fact I passed 365lbs partially dieted! I truthfully dont know how to train any different and WPD is evolving in a manner that suits the training I love so far I think???? I also got a care package from ON today from the most Awesome Jay Jacobsen who I had the pleasure of meeting at the ON/ABB new product meeting at the Arnold this year. He really has quite an inspiring journey story. I just love the people I keep meeting! I know there are buttmunches everywhere in life but seriously God is working in my life in such a positive manner bringing me to some very special people and it is really getting me through the tuff stuff that is not in the gym. Ill let you girls know if I passed the 365 mark or not ;)

All of the women's interviews were put into one LONG interview. It's posted! Where is my ON care package?

AudreyFunk
05-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Gail if it were up to me Id send you a care package, but Im not sharing this one lol! Im so poor I dont know how to afford the entry into Jr Nats, was thinking of taking up stripping.....joke...Im too muscular ;)

AudreyFunk
05-10-2012, 03:00 PM
All of the women's interviews were put into one LONG interview. It's posted! Where is my ON care package?

I checked the video its all one video minus me, just fitness, figure, bodybuilding and the crying bikini girl (cute)

AudreyFunk
05-11-2012, 02:42 PM
http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/5583-fit-and-focused-with-alison-moyer-park-your-mind-in-a-positive-spot-get-the-body-you-want.html

I Love Love Love this article.

Life does not stop for fucking prep or your body goals, it will go up and down and side to side and all the way around. I have allowed myself to sink a little towards the inside of the pitty pot, well no, I win at life, life does not win over me and I am stubborn to make that happen every day whether it be that last spoonful of awful whatever or dragging my ass through a leg day when all I want is rest. Thank you RX girl.

AudreyFunk
05-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Today is a down day. My energy is so very low. I have heartburn that wont go away and I truthfully think my colon will never forgive me for this extended season. I know I have to do what I have to do and I know the end is near but this is just a low day in a series of days that will go up and down. Today is chest, so not a heavy day at least, legs yesterday was a verson of torture I rather not revisit for a long long time. And all self inflicted. Its so funny how some days in prep you lose heart and focus and just want to go to bed pull the covers over your head and tell yourself "enough"

AudreyFunk
05-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Today was still a zero energy day but I must say I feel very accomplished with my performance. I spit out fasted cardio, Im practicing meditating while doing stairmill, not working well but am finding forcing myself to relax and not think this is excruciating is helping a little. The evening lifting was well inspired by my partners and they kept me on my toes and laughing. The night eating I think continues so I am making appointment with the VA to finally get me on something that I wont sleepwalk and do all sorts of things (even though the sleep laundry folding is a bonus) But I am going to home depot in the meantime for chains and locks, I dont care what it takes at this point!! Go ahead laugh I am....

katt981
05-17-2012, 11:56 AM
sleep eating?? I could TOTALLY see myself doing that. LOL Yeah Girl, lock up that refrigerator :O)

Sunnyday
05-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Ooooh! Sleep eating...every competitor's nightmare!! :hypno:

Hope the locks help. I could just see myself sleep-picking the locks.

AudreyFunk
05-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Went to Home Depot today got chains got locks drilled hoowhatchacallits to cabinet and 20 feet of chain to wrap around the fridge and freezer. we r good to go! I think Ill give the key to my daughter and have her hide it till morning. Maybe ill post a pic lol.

katt981
05-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Really? You really did that??? If so that's freaking hilarious! But anything to help right?? LOL

AudreyFunk
05-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Sooooooo, I had a talk with my trainer this morning, Luis Santa god bless his soul is so patient with me, lol! I knew I trained hard and heavy for Fox Cities I knew I came in hard, buuuuuuut like a kid I wanted to get away with it and I did, but I was reminded that it probably wont work for me Nationally. I love Juilana's physique, unfortunately I am creole/Slovenian not Brazillian lol, damn these infernal Brazillians and their butts, lol, kidding butt (haha) what I would give! So I need to soften and lighten and tighten not just diet and come in hard I need to find how Audrey curves, I get it now. But that does not mean that I have to just do it on the treadmill all boring. I am going to learn my body all over again! So I drop the weights way lighter than when I probably started, but slow full range of motion getting to know every fiber in a new way is an exhilarating feeling I found out. And tomorrow I am going to revisit my 10 yr romance with swimming, after all I still have my speedo, cap, and goggles! This is a new challenge at a pivotal point in my last leg of spring. I have option 1 - bitch complain pout n do it bc I am stubborn or embrace this new challenge. Im ready for this lets go!

Bronwyn
05-22-2012, 03:24 AM
Eating while sleeping was always my nightmare as once I was close to happen to me too :) but never happen in real.
you have Slovenian roots :) hell so you know what slovenian butt and legs means :D :D

AudreyFunk
05-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Sorry I havent been on here ladies, kinda went through the most horrific week of my life. Living out of a suitcase at this point and kinda on the run till tomorrow then some more after I STILL DO JR NATS. In this time of turmoil I have realized that if I can stick through this now I can become stronger, plus its the last consistency in my life at this point. I have found who my real and fake friends are and have seen God in so many ways. This shall pass, I wont give up, I will rise above the circumstances no matter how I place. And certain things I will never take for granted, like a stove.
Trainig has been brutal and only had to take the one day off (I call it D Day) My prep has gone from classic BB prep to more of a conditioning game as far as the different types of cardio and cross training and swimming I am doing. The tired I feel is like the tired I had after hours of swim practice in high school! I run again, backwards and forwards, holy heck :) less than 3 weeks to go.

AudreyFunk
05-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Eating while sleeping was always my nightmare as once I was close to happen to me too :) but never happen in real.
you have Slovenian roots :) hell so you know what slovenian butt and legs means :D :D

mine r strong but small :( had to kill myself to earn an ass ;)

Bronwyn
05-29-2012, 04:11 AM
mine r strong but small :( had to kill myself to earn an ass ;)

You have a plus in WP. Mine are huge in all ways :) In the gym guys used to call me "pony" as I was short and huge butt and legs always LOL
Cant figure out now, how to downsize them more :D

The Prodigy
05-30-2012, 03:49 PM
What is going on with you lady? I am worried about your whereabouts!

Sunnyday
05-30-2012, 05:01 PM

X2!

katt981
05-31-2012, 10:23 AM
If I lived closer you could def crash at my house - I have extra room :)

AudreyFunk
06-01-2012, 06:15 PM

Hey girls. Well after a week of on the run from place to place I managed to book a cost efficient hotel room that allows pets (3 yappy chihuahuas and 1 hamster) and has a stove and a full fridge. Not luxury by any means but it is just enough to get me through to get to Jr Nats in hopefully a good condition. Yesterday I took my daughter to the airport too to hand her over to one of her grandparents and it was so hard to let my little one go after all that we went through together. Usually I am just like, take her!, but this time I didnt want to let my little trooper go. So for now I can keep my little bit of belongings in one place and breathe a little. I am just so friggin warped emotionally I hope my body does not reflect it. Still dont know what I am pulling together as far as hair and makeup for the show, Ive never done a two day event. I dont know what I will do with my yappers either, Im trying to make it to the show and do well and not let the abusive psychopath win this too, its so hard, its all I got though that I can still call just Audreys.

The Prodigy
06-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Why don't you hire someone to do your hair, makeup and tan and take the stress off yourself?

AudreyFunk
06-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Gail I was blessed! Muscle Legion's Bill Dison is sponsoring my makeup and tan! Such a relif OMG. Amazing how when you are down and not able to offer things and need others when the real good people and true friends come out. People that I thought had my back completely abandoned me and people who I barely knew stepped up and helped me. Ill never forget this experience and what it has taught me.
As far as the prep goes ladies you know the final week b4 peek week. Crazy, tired, just wanting it to be over! My female is in heat so my life is really annoying sometimes in this little hotel room. Trying to figure out other ways to pass the time. I can only sit and fantasize about Channing Tatum for so long ya know! But back to the body. I feel I am so soft but coming in how I think the judges want the physique to look. Exploring the Juliana way of the rear double bi, I like it, now I got to figure out a way to add my own flare. I love that about this sport. We sculpt and cardio and diet but the real fun I think is in the presentation and posing. Yeah posing sucks sometimes but I like to figure out ways to look cuter, waist smaller, smile softer, thank god for the teachings of La Drissa!!!! I know my body is ready for a break tho. Waking up all puffy in the face is getting old for me!

Sunnyday
06-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Hang in there, Audrey. You've done all your homework and now you're in the home stretch! Stay focused...you've got this!

Congrats on getting your tan and makeup sponsored! I know exactly how stressful all that can get. Stuck doing my own hair and makeup for my show this time around and I am stressing big time! I am all thumbs when it comes to that stuff!

AudreyFunk
06-07-2012, 01:02 AM
Hang in there, Audrey. You've done all your homework and now you're in the home stretch! Stay focused...you've got this!

Congrats on getting your tan and makeup sponsored! I know exactly how stressful all that can get. Stuck doing my own hair and makeup for my show this time around and I am stressing big time! I am all thumbs when it comes to that stuff!

OMG I always look like I was playing with mommys makeup when I "try" to make it look professionally done lol. I cant go shopping alone either, I have like the worst taste. I literally always need another female to scold most of my decisions or guide me! Hence why I love my gym look lol!! And thank you on the congrats and encouragement. This has just been the most trying time of my adult life, oh yeah plus 20 weeks of prep lol. But like u said, home stretch :)

Bronwyn
06-07-2012, 03:30 AM
so close - we all know how it is Audrey!!But in few days you will shine on stage!
BTW: congrats to makeup and tan sponsorship - it is great. I always do all myself - my budget is hell tight and also here in Europe nobody does that for competitors, we have to help each other here. Having someone who help you is so stress relieving :) (anyway thanks God my friend is a visage maker and learned me my style of makeup, so for me - morning makup is something as precontest ritual :) and guess who is learning new competitors how to do a makeup? LOL - with my offseason look it is LOL LOL :D)

The Prodigy
06-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Gail I was blessed! Muscle Legion's Bill Dison is sponsoring my makeup and tan! Such a relif OMG. Amazing how when you are down and not able to offer things and need others when the real good people and true friends come out. People that I thought had my back completely abandoned me and people who I barely knew stepped up and helped me. Ill never forget this experience and what it has taught me.
As far as the prep goes ladies you know the final week b4 peek week. Crazy, tired, just wanting it to be over! My female is in heat so my life is really annoying sometimes in this little hotel room. Trying to figure out other ways to pass the time. I can only sit and fantasize about Channing Tatum for so long ya know! But back to the body. I feel I am so soft but coming in how I think the judges want the physique to look. Exploring the Juliana way of the rear double bi, I like it, now I got to figure out a way to add my own flare. I love that about this sport. We sculpt and cardio and diet but the real fun I think is in the presentation and posing. Yeah posing sucks sometimes but I like to figure out ways to look cuter, waist smaller, smile softer, thank god for the teachings of La Drissa!!!! I know my body is ready for a break tho. Waking up all puffy in the face is getting old for me!

I LOVE Bill and Dani!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will be fine and I will be there cheering you on! I would KILL for your metabolism!!!

AudreyFunk
06-07-2012, 04:11 PM
I LOVE Bill and Dani!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will be fine and I will be there cheering you on! I would KILL for your metabolism!!!

My metabolism does 2 hrs of mixed cardio a day plus swimming drills at 10:00 at night :(

Actually...I would die for this....still...you have NOOOOOO idea what I am going thru!

AudreyFunk
06-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Sooooo tonight was a great lifting session. Back, I am still going at about 70% and that is fine for me I mean after all I am in the home stretch of a grand total of 21 weeks of dieting by the end of this. My swim session was a NIGHTMARE though. The cramps were up there with what I remember from labor (did it all natural like an idiot). Cardio stopps monday thank god!
Other than training I feel pretty good. I think I am starting to heal from this nightmare. Makes me untrusting though, waiting for something even more horrific to happen! But on the bright side I feel like a gypsy warrior and damn Im pretty happy with that!

Sunnyday
06-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Gypsy warrior she-beast....LOVE IT!!!

You are soooo close! Just a few more torture sessions and then you get to party!

AudreyFunk
06-09-2012, 01:22 AM
Gypsy warrior she-beast....LOVE IT!!!

You are soooo close! Just a few more torture sessions and then you get to party!

I will party a little bit. Most of the party is done in me I just want to sleep and be peaceful and lift and not do a lot of cardio lol. I want to stay in one location, with a couch.....I miss couch, and DVR lol on the upside I have a laptop I borrowed so I get to get on here and visit more often lol.
Today training was pretty hard. There were a lot of "dear jesus" moments. I look good in my eyes, which is never usually. I start my carb deplete tomorrow, I think the carb up should be higher than my last show, fuller, softer like I am now I guess. I am so peeled I can see all the veins in my tummy lol, loving my derriere, why does it take this much work to have it damn!!!
Ok so I kinda have a BIG announcement.
Flex magazine and Flex online is coming to my gym to interview me monday and film my workout. I am confused on how I feel. Disbelif? What an honor. Especially now something good like that?? It cant be real, lol.
So I gotta figure out an outfit, hair up or down, I suck at my own makeup so going minimal. Oh Jesus will I say something stupid?? I think Ill use the no cardio last leg day and force myself to go to a mall.

curvygirl
06-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Yay yay Audrey! Congrats on Flex! Perfect timing for Jr. Nats :D ~ Think you are really something for holding on & giving it your all! Just a few more days...Have a feeling some wonderful life changing things are coming your way! <3 Much love & peace!

Sunnyday
06-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Wowza, woman! Hyooge congrats on the Flex Mag thing! That is so awesome! I think anyone in their right mind would be in disbelief. Go ahead and pinch yourself, 'cuz it's really real! You've done your homework and now you're being recognized for it! Woo hoo!

Bronwyn
06-11-2012, 03:48 AM
Wow cool with the FLEX magazine! Thats great :) Dont be stressed - be excited ! :) PS: and do not forget to post a link if it is not forbidden here to post other BB related sites :)

curvygirl
06-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Hey Girl! Let us know how the FLEX session goes! Excited to see you train! AND have a great "peak week!" Peace mama!

AudreyFunk
06-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Thanks for all the congrats girls. Im sorry the whirlwind of a life has kept me away from posting on here but I am sitting admist the baggage exodus and wanted to get on the laptop b4 tomorrow crazy starts! The interview was good. The gentleman was very kind and professional and it went QUICK! Not much to say Ill let u guys know when it comes out. Well I am dry as heck and just want to go to bed but Thank you all for the continued support and encouragement. It really means a lot to me to have this as an outlet. Hopefully I have great news next time you hear from me :)

Bronwyn
06-14-2012, 04:06 AM
Enjoy it all Audrey!

Sunnyday
06-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Funkin' kill it, Audrey! :D

AudreyFunk
06-15-2012, 01:47 PM
I look bloated in the middle I think in the video but my carbs were low and I was drinking 2 gallons of water at that point but here is my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsyo6-qFVZY&list=UUUM6zbp9UYFAYQenev-YDyw&index=2&feature=plcp
Sooooo it is almost show time. I am calm but crazy, poop issues etc, worrying that I am too soft that my waist isnt tiny enough. The usual suspects. But Ill just go through the motions and do my best!

curvygirl
06-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Woot woot! Just watched your video Audrey! In beast mode you were! Man those partial deads were very impressive!

On the show front...just breath! You looked gorgeous at Fox Cities & you are going to look gorgeous tonight! So excited for you!
And cheering very loudly from the little big city in Michigan! Rock the Stage with your Funkin' Style! x0x0x

The Prodigy
06-16-2012, 12:36 AM
You looked great up there lady! Keep on keeping on...,

Sunnyday
06-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Hey Audrey. Been glued to my iPad following the Jr. Nats play by play. Congrats on your placing! So proud of you! You looked awesome! Hugs!

The Prodigy
06-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Time to change this thread title!

Bronwyn
06-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Congrats to your placings!

AudreyFunk
06-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Thank you so much ladies for your show of support! I was so happy with 3rd place at my second National Competition, to have overcome and gotten to that stage in 98% of the condition I wanted was a BLESSING. I know what I have to do for Nationals but now I need time off to just train and rest to my schedule. I think this physique division is rewarding a more athletic vs traditional competitive structures. So I will still lift just more running swimming and getting active in different ways to train my body to friggin get on that stage in November and show them my best again :)

katt981
06-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Congrats!!!!

The Prodigy
06-18-2012, 10:15 PM
What should we change your thread name to?

curvygirl
06-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Oooh Wheeee! Congratulations Audrey! You looked fantastic on Saturday! Sounds like you have a solid plan for the summer! I miss my cardio kick boxing and dance classes! I really think they go a long way in creating a well rounded healthy body! Look forward to hearing more! And to seeing you on the stage in November! Peace Mama!

AudreyFunk
06-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Hey ladies!! Sorry but been a gypsy and river rat for the past few days. I went all weekend to a cattle farm out in TN by the Cherokee river in Newberry. Stayed in a cabin in the middle of the woods on the river and just sat and felt no movement, peace, mud and dirt on my feet hair all wild no makeup, feral Audrey. The family that owned the cabin fed me good too, all farm fresh organic grown food, the beef was out of this world it tasted soooo good. I feel healthy happy and cleansed. Nothing but nature in me now. Who I was before all the nightmare of the past three years started. Im gettin back to me, back to the spirit and trusting the plan for my life. Thought a lot about who I am what I want and who I want to be. Amazing how being away from the rat race will clear your head and remind you of whats really important. I was able to let go of a lot of pent up anger and fear, just let it go, the more I let go the less these things are involved in the fiber of who I am.
Body and training wise I got back in the saddle immediately last week mon-thurs lifting and some cardio. This week same, maybe a little more cardio to help get some of the water weight off. Hopefully I can stay lean all summer, but the gypsy life is hard with nutrition someimes. The family that I am at right at the moment is perfect tho, they eat just like me, matter of fact they r the ones who taught me how to eat for this lifestyle in the first place! I am more and more at peace every day and looking forward to my training with gusto!

The Prodigy
06-25-2012, 12:35 PM
We need to change your thread name...what do you want me to change it to?

AudreyFunk
06-25-2012, 04:51 PM

I was never good at these things....hmmmm.....something to do with being a gypsy lol? Ima think on it?

katt981
06-25-2012, 10:28 PM
You're time in the mountains is like my time of hunting elk.... We pitch a tent and haul our gear 3 miles in on a closed road. No one is back there for the 10 days we are there.... it's sooooo quiet and so peaceful and so serene. You just sit back at the end of the day and breathe... so nice! Glad you had that time.. does a body good! :)

Bronwyn
06-26-2012, 03:18 AM
It is great and I see what you mean. When I was younger I grew up in the village, being all days long on the horse farm, riding horses without saddle in nearby woods and plains and always felt so free when I run on the horse across the woods. There was a cave above the lake in the woods - we as older kids had a fireplace and sleeping bags in. Those are mine most beautifull childhood memories. Till nowadays I miss it a lot and I was so happy when I discovered there is a nice wood nearby the place I live with nice walks....

AudreyFunk
06-29-2012, 09:30 PM

Audrey Presson Presses ON!

AudreyFunk
06-29-2012, 09:34 PM
I am enjoying training and life so much more these days. I have fallen into a groove. I have become fascinated with running :) My training has been amazing, my off season diet on point. Allowed myself to step on the scale since Jr Nationals, 5 lbs gained :) So I think I am decelerating nicely! Training has taken on a whole new light in my eyes! I train from a place inside me that I didnt know existed. Now I did fall down stairs last night bc I was a KLUTZ but I still trained today, still did my cardio :) Nothing but Nature and Rest and Love and my Spirit inside me and I FEEL AMAZING!

AudreyFunk
07-01-2012, 10:45 AM
I think I may try to take up hunting then! Seriously there are things I wanted to do in life and hunting is one of them, and learning to line dance finally (seeing that I don't drink anymore maybe Ill catch on this time). I love the connection with myself when there is nothing more than the wind in the trees to yammer in my ear!

AudreyFunk
07-01-2012, 10:47 AM
It is great and I see what you mean. When I was younger I grew up in the village, being all days long on the horse farm, riding horses without saddle in nearby woods and plains and always felt so free when I run on the horse across the woods. There was a cave above the lake in the woods - we as older kids had a fireplace and sleeping bags in. Those are mine most beautifull childhood memories. Till nowadays I miss it a lot and I was so happy when I discovered there is a nice wood nearby the place I live with nice walks....
I love the sound of that. Makes me remember how magical my childhood was. These days it is becoming harder and harder to forge a connection with nature with todays children. I plan on taking my little girl out to yellowstone when I am financially capable or at least to Tennessee where I was. Every child should have a little woods in their growing up.

curvygirl
07-02-2012, 03:14 PM
There she is!
It has been fun seeing all the pics on FB. I love the pic of you snoozing with your snuggle baby. :D
It's the little things and moments like that are so happy. I am pleased you are having a good summer so far!

You also make me wanna lace up my running shoes and hit the road again. I have not run since last summer. My original coach took it off the menu because she thought
I would lose too much muscle. I do miss the clarity that comes with running...and the high too.

ACK! I have put on 10 pounds since my last show in May! I really miss my "freaky" inner self!
But she will be back in the spring! However, my strength is back up & growing and I feel good, solid when I train.
The gain has leveled off so I may be at my "happy" weight. But man I am tempted to shed just a couple pounds
because I love feeling/looking a little tighter. Hello running! :D

Keep Pressing On Mama! You surely inspire a bunch of us to do the same!
Much love & respect!

AudreyFunk
07-03-2012, 10:15 AM
There she is!
It has been fun seeing all the pics on FB. I love the pic of you snoozing with your snuggle baby. :D
It's the little things and moments like that are so happy. I am pleased you are having a good summer so far!

You also make me wanna lace up my running shoes and hit the road again. I have not run since last summer. My original coach took it off the menu because she thought
I would lose too much muscle. I do miss the clarity that comes with running...and the high too.

ACK! I have put on 10 pounds since my last show in May! I really miss my "freaky" inner self!
But she will be back in the spring! However, my strength is back up & growing and I feel good, solid when I train.
The gain has leveled off so I may be at my "happy" weight. But man I am tempted to shed just a couple pounds
because I love feeling/looking a little tighter. Hello running! :D

Keep Pressing On Mama! You surely inspire a bunch of us to do the same!
Much love & respect!

You do that lady! We are physique athletes not bodybuilders. We dont need the mass to win we need conditioning and a firm package! I dont do the running every day but I love it and its keeping the lbs off for sure. I still enjoy food and cheat food but Im definitely not obessed with weight as of now or have developed an eating disorder like some women in this sport which is easy to fall down that slippery slope of drugs and food problems. I know I am supposed to be softer not striated and as women we need that little bit of body fat to function on the hormonal level. So 10 lbs is actually really normal. I definitely would not let go and stuff my face at this point without some intense training as the end, but I do allow myself treats. I learned that keeping show ready is not an option lol. Too many problems, too low energy, and it is terrible for the digestive tract. Women say ooooh I keep at 10% body fat year round, um no, when I dip below 13 or so I can only stay there for a couple weeks or I go coo coo in the head and I literally feel like I am killing myself lol. So enjoy those 10lbs enjoy a run or a swim or a climb! I Make sure to keep that cardio interesting and a part of my daily routine because I know I am a bigger girl naturally and if I want to stay lean I gotta put in work!

curvygirl
07-03-2012, 10:35 AM
We are physique athletes not bodybuilders...

Right on! I confess I am loving the fact the Olympics are right around the corner! Because it is so much fun to watch these awesome athletes & their amazing feats of strength, speed, endurance, etc. AND I LOVE their look! Whether gymnast or sprinter or beach volleyball player...they all look so healthy, strong, happy! If I had to select a physique to fashion and create for myself, that would be it!

...I am a bigger girl naturally and if I want to stay lean I gotta put in work!
Me too! Ever since the start of the journey, I realize I will always have to remain mindful of what I put in my mouth and always stay engaged and active physically. I never want to be obese again!

Rock on Mama! She-Beast Gypsy Warrior Woman! Have a fantastic 4th of July!

Peace!

PFEPerformance
07-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Have been following along and so impressed by your strength, dedication, motivation, and endurance when things around you seemed to be creating such HUGE obstacles! I think one of the things we gain in our training is additional mental focus and strength and you have it in spades!

You also have great balance post-show in finding that winding down place and allowing your mind, body, and spirit to re-charge and relax a bit! So many of us in this sport struggle (myself very much) with finding that! I find it hard at times to "allow" myself to shift gears downward and not push-push-push and go-go-go....then hitting a wall and crashing ......... Bravo to you for having yourself wrapped around this and doing it very well!!

Keep up the awesome work girl! You ROCK!!!

The Prodigy
07-04-2012, 05:53 AM
Have been following along and so impressed by your strength, dedication, motivation, and endurance when things around you seemed to be creating such HUGE obstacles! I think one of the things we gain in our training is additional mental focus and strength and you have it in spades!

You also have great balance post-show in finding that winding down place and allowing your mind, body, and spirit to re-charge and relax a bit! So many of us in this sport struggle (myself very much) with finding that! I find it hard at times to "allow" myself to shift gears downward and not push-push-push and go-go-go....then hitting a wall and crashing ......... Bravo to you for having yourself wrapped around this and doing it very well!!

Keep up the awesome work girl! You ROCK!!!

X2..you are one STRONG lil girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AudreyFunk
07-05-2012, 04:08 PM
X2..you are one STRONG lil girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) WoW
I hopped on here to peek b4 packing the last of my things tetris style once again to hit the road for a grueling 4 days. Your comments =) your feedback is strengthening and inspiring as well. To know I have people I dont even know personally be inspired is so humbling. Thank you!!!!
The shift down of gears on my body has worked fabulous. I am settling at 8 lbs over stage weight for the past couple days and I think this is my "homeostasis" weight. Unfortunately now I have a patience and strength and endurance testing 4 days ahead of me. Meals already packed in the cooler, ill just have faith and put one foot in front of the other till I get to FL with my family and reunited with my daughter the 9th. I cant wait to see her. I had to say goodbye to my little brave girl two weeks out from jr nats so she could do her summer with bio daddy. Its been too long and I feel like a different woman, I cant wait to be the mother I wanted to be for years. I am so very excited. Hopefully by the fall we are in a pattern, and BOTH in school. And I will be starting a very different prep for Nationals! Although the eager lab puppy in me will have already sorta started by then. HUGS to my ladies.....Ill post back soon!

Sunnyday
07-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Stopping by to send you love and cyber hugs! Like you said, keep having faith and putting one food in front of the other!

curvygirl
07-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Safe journey Gypsy Warrior Woman! I wish you a wonderful reunion with your wee one! Much love & respect!

Bronwyn
07-16-2012, 03:14 AM
I am curious about the new prep for nationals :) enjoy a little rest now :)

AudreyFunk
07-20-2012, 12:20 AM
I HAVE A COMPUTER AGAIN! It may be an "older" laptop, but to me its the coolest thing ever! I tried the tap talk then realized I have apple ID issues that needed sorting under present circumstances.

Update: I am happily settled in my parents house in my hometown as of now! Gearing up for this new journey in life. I have had to cut back on a lot but thanks to last minute revelations I did come out with a gym memebership! Currently am looking at having two jobs come sept 1st but more determined than ever to make Nationals AND move into something I can rent and call my own for the first time in forever. I am so looking forward to the peaceful atmosphere my home will have, and maybe one day a tacky animal print couch that I was never allowed to even like :)

Training is PHENOMINAL! I do a bit of everything. I still lift hard and heavy but I am involving myself in more and more! I love to run and cross train at the same time! I love TRX!!!! I just am having so much fun training and focusing on the shape not the Bulk of conditioning. At my stage weight currently but softer with more feminine lines. Really happy with how I have tweaked little things in my diet and still enjoying planned fun! As soon as I got home it was like this urge to do everything and people at the gym are so nice and welcoming. I just couldnt be happier.

Now that I have this computer up and semi running efficiently I will be on here more :)

I hope all of you are doing well and I look forward to reading up on some of you!!!

AudreyFunk
07-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Holy cow I finally did it! I now can do this through my iPhone (go ahead laugh)!
Training has been amazing. Lots of cardio to keep lean for shoots but loving the soft yet firm feminine lines! I seriously have never felt better!
So starting Sept 1 I will be a personal trainer at a private studio :) I am overjoyed at the amazing opportunity that had befallen me. Little apprehensive but if I can make $$ and start earning my independence that will be worth the world to me. My very own life one day :)
Now that I have this no excuses I will read up on u ladies I have followed b4!
Goodnight!

Bronwyn
07-25-2012, 04:50 AM
Nice you having new job. Good luck in getting clients now.

The Prodigy
07-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Holy cow I finally did it! I now can do this through my iPhone (go ahead laugh)!
Training has been amazing. Lots of cardio to keep lean for shoots but loving the soft yet firm feminine lines! I seriously have never felt better!
So starting Sept 1 I will be a personal trainer at a private studio :) I am overjoyed at the amazing opportunity that had befallen me. Little apprehensive but if I can make $$ and start earning my independence that will be worth the world to me. My very own life one day :)
Goodnight!

Let me know if you want some help with promoting yourself..marketing..etc...

AudreyFunk
07-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Thank you do much Gail! I have no idea what I'm doing just doing it when I get there lol once I feel it out I would be so very grateful for a little promotion :) muah!

PFEPerformance
07-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Goodnight!

Congrats BIG TIME!!! Nothing better than making a living at what you LOVE doing!! The move is already serving you well! Onward and Upward girl - GO GET EM!!!!

AudreyFunk
07-29-2012, 12:49 PM
I think my body is actually coming back to completely normal! I am below stage weight but soft and full and firm! My waist is slim and tiny! I digest things normally and have enjoyed eating some cheats within reason with no weight gain! Stuck with a constant cardio regimen about an hour and a half a day with mixed types. Started the day after jr nationals and still doing it up until today with days off here and there. I still train like a beast with the weights bc i CAN!!! Ladies just don't mess with what god gave you learn to work with it! Listen to no one but yourself and someone that CAN BE TRUSTED with your body. If u gonna hate on me bc I am coming out n sayin this well bless your heart but I think that quality of life should always come first.

Bronwyn
07-30-2012, 03:22 AM
Great for you Audrey. My goal is to get to this state - however I never got there..... sometimes I think it is not given to me with the thyroid problems I have....

The Prodigy
07-30-2012, 08:40 AM
I think my body is actually coming back to completely normal! I am below stage weight but soft and full and firm! My waist is slim and tiny! I digest things normally and have enjoyed eating some cheats within reason with no weight gain! Stuck with a constant cardio regimen about an hour and a half a day with mixed types. Started the day after jr nationals and still doing it up until today with days off here and there. I still train like a beast with the weights bc i CAN!!! Ladies just don't mess with what god gave you learn to work with it! Listen to no one but yourself and someone that CAN BE TRUSTED with your body. If u gonna hate on me bc I am coming out n sayin this well bless your heart but I think that quality of life should always come first.

Some of us learn this the hard way! We push it to the extremes in every aspect and then have to backtrack for years......

AudreyFunk
07-30-2012, 10:40 AM
I am so sorry girls. I did not mean in any way to gloat or be too proud. I was just so excited to feel real Audrey again. I empathize to what you have gone through and I pray that your bodies start responding. I think more young women competitors should be made aware of the dangers that they face in the name of going to extremes. I am afraid also that being this way will make me bomb nationals but I have faith in my heart that I am doing the right thing. And sometimes doing the right thing does not make u win what u want but it gives you what you deserve, just have to leave it open to interpretation.

This morning was a 6am all out leg extravaganza! 6 sets of front squats, wide leg press, tilted smith hack squats, DB romanians with toes on dimes, and finishing with leg extensions the ones with the pause at the top! I go back tonight for hopefully an insightful yet painful TRX core blast! Diet is on point and I really can't say much bad about the results. I truly hope you ladies have an amazing Monday it's the start of a whole new week of doing things right!!

AudreyFunk
07-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Training good, body good, moral and confidence - pretty low today. Oh well that's why tomorrow exists.

AudreyFunk
08-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Moral is better today even though I am pretty nervous about meeting with my lawyer tomorrow. I truly just want out of anything that connects me to where I was before. So I am praying for a lot of peace and grace.
Today is my cardio only day. Ran 4 miles this morning felt good. I love marine corps cadence I've been running to it since 2008 and it still motivates me every time. Brings the crazy out for times when I feel like I want to stop and catch my breath.
Worked out with a new partner yesterday. He is from the Czech Republic, pretty nifty dude. Not many people live the lifestyle like I do. Round here there is not a lot of social activity that does not include partying so someone else that understands the no drinking and bringing your own food everywhere is very pleasant.
I decided to officially submit my application to the local golds on top of starting at the private studio in September. I am really really really really eager to live on my own. For a lot of reasons.
I hope all you ladies r having a good humpy day [=

PFEPerformance
08-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Better days girl! Glad you are in a better mental place today.

Quote: I truly just want out of anything that connects me to where I was before. So I am praying for a lot of peace and grace.

COMPLETELY understand what you are saying on a very sincere and personal level - just be SURE to not cheat yourself out of anything you or your little one may have coming! I get it, believe me, and the wanting to just move forward and wash yourself CLEAN of some horrific things..... but in the haste to do this.... just be sure your attny protects what rights you have coming and FIGHTS for you! Sign off too quickly or out of emotional need to cleanse, you could cheat yourself out of potential things you have coming. NONE of my business and I certainly am not trying to nose in - simply sharing an error I made and reaching out to you with sincere understanding and empathy!

Take Care!

AudreyFunk
08-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Thank you. I feel this inside and have expressed it to no one. My biggest fear is having my life twisted and dragged through the mud. Years ago I was in a custody battle with my first husband (we r past that and perfectly good friends now) but I will never forget the sheer awfulness that took place. For us I need to be strong. He should be responsible for what took place. I truly hope this lawyer will be the fighter I am not. Thank you so very much for reaching out this is sincerely touching.

The Prodigy
08-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Better days girl! Glad you are in a better mental place today.

Quote: I truly just want out of anything that connects me to where I was before. So I am praying for a lot of peace and grace.

COMPLETELY understand what you are saying on a very sincere and personal level - just be SURE to not cheat yourself out of anything you or your little one may have coming! I get it, believe me, and the wanting to just move forward and wash yourself CLEAN of some horrific things..... but in the haste to do this.... just be sure your attny protects what rights you have coming and FIGHTS for you! Sign off too quickly or out of emotional need to cleanse, you could cheat yourself out of potential things you have coming. NONE of my business and I certainly am not trying to nose in - simply sharing an error I made and reaching out to you with sincere understanding and empathy!

Take Care!

This XXX 7......, I was in a similar case once...the need to cleanse SCREWED me out of a LOT of money I deserved and TODAY 4 years later I still financially struggle because of it!

AudreyFunk
08-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Thank you ladies. Today is the big appointment and I hope my ducks are in a row. I will know more about my rights after the meeting. It's different for military spouses I guess.
Last night was horrific tho. I have a parent that makes everything about themselves and does not respect emotional boundaries. I was pushed to a breaking point. Those times feel like poison in my body.
Training still went on :)
Back day
-heavy angry rack deads
-pull ups 4 sets of 10
-reverse grip heavy bb rows
-single arm seated rows
-lat pull downs
-DB pull overs

I have crappy gloves but boxed the heavy bag till my knuckles practically bled then hauled ass up the stairs for 30 min.
Anxiety is still there but manageable after this session. I believe I'll do something more tonight rather than sit and let the cortisol wreak havoc on all my work.
I really thank you ladies for reading and caring. This year had been, well, a nightmare. But I keep faith in something bigger even if 15 seconds of every minute of every day is reminding myself to do so.

The Prodigy
08-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Thank you ladies. Today is the big appointment and I hope my ducks are in a row. I will know more about my rights after the meeting. It's different for military spouses I guess.
Last night was horrific tho. I have a parent that makes everything about themselves and does not respect emotional boundaries. I was pushed to a breaking point. Those times feel like poison in my body.
Back day
-heavy angry rack deads
-pull ups 4 sets of 10
-single arm seated rows
-lat pull downs
-DB pull overs

I have crappy gloves but boxed the heavy bag till my knuckles practically bled then hauled ass up the stairs for 30 min.
Anxiety is still there but manageable after this session. I believe I'll do something more tonight rather than sit and let the cortisol wreak havoc on all my work.
I really thank you ladies for reading and caring. This year had been, well, a nightmare. But I keep faith in something bigger even if 15 seconds of every minute of every day is reminding myself to do so.

Remember Gails Half Way house is always open for weekend getaways! If you need an escape!

AudreyFunk
08-02-2012, 12:35 PM
You made me smile big too bad I'm all the way down I'm FL now :[

athleticvanessa
08-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Remember Gails Half Way house is always open for weekend getaways! If you need an escape!

I might have to come visit the next time Im home!

athleticvanessa
08-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Back day
-heavy angry rack deads
-pull ups 4 sets of 10
-single arm seated rows
-lat pull downs
-DB pull overs

Prayers and kisses sent your way Audrey! You got this!

curvygirl
08-02-2012, 04:04 PM
You are such an inspiration! A fighter and a lover and a mother and a woman!

And to think my sad sorry ass was going to skip the gym this evening...No Way! Not Now!
Especially because it is my back day too.

I hope the appointment with your lawyer went well...sending angels >*<

No hatin' on you! You got all love from me girl...simply because you are keeping it real! You were beautiful as stage ready Audrey
and you are beautiful as the Audrey you are now. What matters most is that you are happy, healthy and you are giving your daughter such a
wonderful roll model.

We just gotta keep on keeping on!
Much love & respect mama!

AudreyFunk
08-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Thank you wonderful beautiful amazing ladies for your support and kind words and prayers.
Lawyer went mehhh. I have basically no chance at nothing due to #1 jurisdiction issues and #2 length of marriage. Throw the match in the trash can and walk away pretty much. Bastards walk away with the new girlfriend and owing none of the debt I incurred leaving il. At least I am not being abused and treated like I was and cheated on etc.........he is a skinny mean old mr. He can have whatever makes his black heart happy I'm moving on.
Due to the lousy lawyer session I up and ran 6 miles upon returning home. I am exhausted and feel like an unwanted guest here bc there is tension. I don't care if I have to remind myself 15 out of every 60 seconds of every day that there r better times ahead. I will not lose focus or hope or dive to the bottom of a bottle. I know what makes me happy I know my worth I know who I am inside. Tomorrow I will destroy another training day! Tomorrow I will not lose to anxiety or low morale. I can keep going there is still fight in me and by golly a lotta love in my heart to give my daughter the future she deserves!

curvygirl
08-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Here is a ((((((BIG ASS HUG)))))) !!!

I am feeling you, although for very different reasons and life experiences, I can so relate!

Whether you know it or not, I believe every time you share your will and strength to keep getting on
up and fighting, you help someone like me!

You are strong and free to fight another day! And Karma is a bitch!
We may never get to witness the comeuppance, but believe me everyone pays
the price for doing someone else so very wrong! And this too I believe...there are brighter days ahead!

Keep your head and heart high! And keep on killing it in the chamber!

PFEPerformance
08-06-2012, 03:51 PM
There is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Better Revenge than you moving on and BEING COMPLETELY/TOTALLY HAPPY !! No more than I know and can deduce from what you chose to share - I KNOW this person all to well....done that/been there........ the rocky roads are ahead, maybe even a Mountain or Two some days/weeks, etc.... But girl, keep THAT attitude, keep your boxing gloves on, your feet on the ground and you WILL get through this!! You will look back at some point and as his worthless ass remains - A WORTHLESS ASS - you will be happy, on your own, completely self sufficient, loving and caring for your daughter and he will be the SAME PERSON HE IS RIGHT NOW - and it will drive him bonkers that you are absolutely and completely thriving without him!!

HUGE HUGE HUG and YOU'VE GOT SISTERS ON HERE PUSHIN RIGHT ALONG WITH YOU!!

The Prodigy
08-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Thank you wonderful beautiful amazing ladies for your support and kind words and prayers.
Lawyer went mehhh. I have basically no chance at nothing due to #1 jurisdiction issues and #2 length of marriage. Throw the match in the trash can and walk away pretty much. Bastards walk away with the new girlfriend and owing none of the debt I incurred leaving il. At least I am not being abused and treated like I was and cheated on etc.........he is a skinny mean old mr. He can have whatever makes his black heart happy I'm moving on.
Due to the lousy lawyer session I up and ran 6 miles upon returning home. I am exhausted and feel like an unwanted guest here bc there is tension. I don't care if I have to remind myself 15 out of every 60 seconds of every day that there r better times ahead. I will not lose focus or hope or dive to the bottom of a bottle. I know what makes me happy I know my worth I know who I am inside. Tomorrow I will destroy another training day! Tomorrow I will not lose to anxiety or low morale. I can keep going there is still fight in me and by golly a lotta love in my heart to give my daughter the future she deserves!

Take it one day at a time...and try to find at least 3 or 4 things each day that make you smile or laugh! Hugs!!!

Sunnyday
08-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Take it one day at a time...and try to find at least 3 or 4 things each day that make you smile or laugh! Hugs!!!

^This!!!!! And props to you for doing the constructive thing with your stress by taking it out on the weights.

From someone who has been in similar shoes...Remind yourself just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Your RX girls are here for you.

AudreyFunk
08-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Here is a shot from one of this weekend's shoots! That's Peter my training partner and I believe soon to be business partner.
Things have been looking up since the ink dried on the papers last week. Even though my training has been thrown off due to back to back shoots and the Tampa pro I feel very confident going into prep for nationals. Today is heavy leg day definitely looking forward to this!

AudreyFunk
08-13-2012, 10:22 AM
^This!!!!! And props to you for doing the constructive thing with your stress by taking it out on the weights.

From someone who has been in similar shoes...Remind yourself just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Your RX girls are here for you.

Thank you so much seriously ladies that week was rough and having RX as an outlet definitely eased the feelings!

Sunnyday
08-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Awesome pic, Audrey! I'm not on FB so I hope you will post some more of these here. Prep for Nationals...woot woot!! Cyber hugs!

Bronwyn
08-14-2012, 03:39 AM
Gorgeous shot.... looks like a magazine frontpage. :)

PFEPerformance
08-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Gorgeous shot.... looks like a magazine frontpage. :)

X 2 Gorgeous!

AudreyFunk
08-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Here is another of the shoot =] thank you all ladies for the wonderful compliments!
I fainted after a workout yesterday it was super scary. I felt real sick after I drank my shake after legs and when I got out of the car woosh all I heard was the items I dropped and I was on the concrete! Scary stuff. Tonight is shoulders so I am hoping for a less sick and brutal end!