PDA

View Full Version : GlutesNBoots Training and Food Journal

GlutesnBoots
02-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Morning ladies. I am going to start my online training journal today. I am doing this to allow others to comment offer suggestions, and for myself. It's one way of being held accountable. I will not be lifting how much weight I lift, as I never keep track on paper how much I do at any given workout, i use instinct and what I lifted the during the prior workout. Okay. Last night was legs. I did giant sets. Followed by 10 minutes of hard HIIT cardio, then 30 minutes of hard walking on an incline.
i will be performing more Giant Sets now, as I am trying to get a bit smaller now. I am a figure competitor, 45 years old, with a fake hip and two bad knees. :) But I placed in three divisions at my first show and am looking to compete again this year when my messed up hormones ( I am trying biodenticals right now, on the fence about them), get themselves working well again. Okay, so here is my "plan" in a glance (weekly). My weight is 145-148, 5'7' BF is relatively low, but want it lower. Show weight 138? Also, my cardio is usually 35 minutes AM and 30-40 minutes PM. I toss in HIIT occasionally.

Monday: Legs, Calves
Wednesday:Cardio Only Day AM and PM
Thursday: Shoulders, Rear Delts, Calves
Friday: Chest, Triceps, Abs

Daily Diet at a Glance: Water, 3 quarts plus a day. 3 large coffee's, 1 diet Coke Zero if I want it, but usually don't.

Meal 1: 1/3 cups oats with 1 T flaxseed, 1 scoop Lean Dessert Protein powder sometimes 1/2 cup blueberries
Meal 2: 1 cup vegetables, 4 ounce chicken breast
Meal 3: 4 ounce yam, or 1/3 cup brown rice or 3 rice cakes, 4 ounces of chicken breast
Meal 4: 1 1/2 scoop whey protein, 10 almonds
Meal 5: 5 ounces fish, large mixed green salad with balsamic or Walden Farms dressing, 10 almonds or 2 ounces avocado, 1 cup veggie
Meal6: 1 T flax oil, 1 scoop whey protein powder

Supplements: Milk Thistle, Green Food Powder, Omega's, digestives, chromium, evening primrose, Oxydrene, CellFood DNA, multi-vitamin, Smart Cleanse when needed for constipation. ALpha-lipoic acid, Uva Ursi, for water retention when I need it. Vitamin C crystals added to water, tyrosine powder and L-Carntine powder added to am water, Evogen pre-workout powder. Joint supplement.

Okay, so that is my workout life at a glance. Time to eat breakfast and do cardio. I don't do fasted cardio, not enough science to say whether it burns more fat or not. Plus I am hungry when I get up!

The Prodigy
02-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Welcome to RX Girl! Tell us more about you! What show will you be doing this year? What is your past competition history?

AudreyFunk
02-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Yeay! A new journal! What show are you doing??

GlutesnBoots
02-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Thank you for the welcome!
I did the Emerald Cup WAY back in 1996. BB. No figure back then. Placed 5th (last). I was all natural, the other gals were much bigger, leaner, but I didn't care, it was the experience and being able to say I did it! Recently, I did a show in CA this past year. Placed in three divisions. So got three shiny trophies :) I don't like to write too much about myself on the internet. I work as a writer for a supplement company. OK. Am struggling with wonky hormones at the moment, so haven't picked a show yet this year. But like to stay lean and refuse to bulk up. Figure is leaning towards a softer look, so I really need to tone down my physique as I am more mesomorph and tend to really pack it on in all the wrong places, like my traps. :P

Here was my workout last night

Assisted Lat Pulldowns 15, 12, 10, 15
Cable Rows 15, 12, 10, 15
High cable rows 15, 12, 12, 15
Overhead Pulldowns 15, 12, 10, 15
Hyperextensions 3 sets 15

Biceps
Standing bar curls 15, 12, 10, 8
Hammer Curls 15, 12, 10, 15
Preacher Curls 15, 12, 10, 15 (did these single arm with dumbbell)

Abs
Hanging Raises 3 sets of 15
Side to side using 10 pound plate 3 sets of 40
Weighted Crunches on Bosu Ball 3 sets of 45

Cardio 35 minutes on the "Stairs of Death" the StepMill

Diet was exactly what I wrote above, I eat basically the same things day in and day out. Its easier, I am used to it, and it works. Oh, I did add two small pieces of pastrami to my pm meal, we ordered from a deli in NYC for the SuperBowl, and the corned beef and pastrami are legendary! I had to have a few pieces, so I skipped my fat in place of the pastrami.

Tonight is Shoulders and Rear Delts, maybe throw in Tri's and Calves.

I can't walk right this morning, as my leg workout kicked my ass on Monday! I tend to get DOMS two days after workout. Will walk on treadmill this morning for 40 minutes, steady state.

So yesterday was back, biceps, abs. With my pinched nerve in the lats, I was really, really careful to watch my form, stretch my pecs, lats between sets. I didn't push the weight like I usually do, and picked 4 different exercises and performed giant sets.

Suzanne
02-08-2012, 11:14 AM
At first glace from some who is 48 and has had off season that my body did not want to respond right here are my thoughts

Less protein powder more real food
Get the cardio way lower. I am 10lbs lower this off season doing no cardio - 20 min twice a week than i was the last 2 off season where i did 45 min 6 days a week
If your body still feels it is in diet mode it will not balance out and will fight you the entire time

The Prodigy
02-08-2012, 01:33 PM
You write for a supplement company? Why don't you write for RX Girl?

Sunnyday
02-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Hey, girl! Welcome! Following along.