PDA

View Full Version : Last Man Posing trois en nombre

Pages : [1] 2

Baldiewonkanobi
02-09-2012, 10:27 AM
This is the start of my new thread. I am looking at a fresh start....another reinvention of self. My quest to compete in the Nationals is on target sans packing on the weight. My pec assault to balance that freaking divot in my left pec from the rupture is going slow but progressing. I am taking baby steps with a new Lady in my life. So far too good to be true. We are hiking in Sedona today and I will take pics.

Just looked again at my past pics. Typically I am very unsatisfied. Came in dehydrated both times losing pressious muscle fullness. Guessing that I will only do water depletion and mega mega carb loading like never before. Nothing else but spray on that tan. Gotta suck all the water into the muscles and maintain overall body weight on stage. My only chance. Gotta show something the others dont have.....muscle mass. At 6'+ thats difficult but doable. My goal to high rep 225 declines despite the pec rupture is on target. 6 X 195 yesterday. My incliens are much stronger. I can incliene fly the 70s with ease. Working up to 8 plates on the hack, 3 on the reverse hack. Leg pressing 800 X 10. Freaking ecto legs. At least they will be the best cut on stage.

Baldie

mrky03
02-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Great numbers Baldie! Bring it!

HeavyDutyGuy
02-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Don't forget the "outers" as Gironda used to say. Flare!

cook
02-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Good luck Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
02-09-2012, 09:28 PM
114650Dialing in my focus. With QUALITY days off like today gym hours will be more productive. Walked appox. 8 miles on up/down rocky trails today. And.....leg day tomorrow. Yipes. Well I did have the Sedona scenery and that 5'7" beauty walking in front of me. Uh huh. Yeah.

Baldie

Hammerfit
02-10-2012, 04:26 PM
114650Dialing in my focus. With QUALITY days off like today gym hours will be more productive. Walked appox. 8 miles on up/down rocky trails today. And.....leg day tomorrow. Yipes. Well I did have the Sedona scenery and that 5'7" beauty walking in front of me. Uh huh. Yeah.

Baldie

Wow, is that a real pic? That's breath taking, I can only imagine how beautiful that must be. Have to get out west one day

Baldiewonkanobi
02-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Mike I can get way off topic about the scenery around Sedona. It clenses the body. My new lady is in tune with the waves of energy emitted from these monoliths. She is also in tune with the crystal forms that are produced within these and other mountains. I must say being there with her yesterday was quite the experience. Yes you can feel the magnetic forces. No denial.

I passed on leg day this morning and did arms instead. I had a few calf cramps last night as a result of the hiking. If I can rally real early I will do legs Sat. before we drive to Tucson's Gem Show. She makes stunning center pieces utilizing candles, rocks and gem stones.

BTW that walk nailed me and I lost 3 lbs.

Baldie

mrky03
02-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Beautiful scenery Baldie, can't keep a good man down!

Hammerfit
02-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Three head shots w 40 cal this morning...

Baldiewonkanobi
02-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Tnx Mike....worked.

Ended up training at Jennifer's club. A upscale yoga, Pilates, PX90 kinda place in Scottsdale. They had a room full of machines where I did circuit training. Had a good WO because the angles were so different. Worked their squat machine to the 400 max. Cant diss the machine....rather good.

Spent the day in Tucson at the gem show. She sure knows her minerals. Came back with 50 pounds of beautiful crystals/rocks. Even one awesome chunk of caramel and white crystals that sits in my living room.

We are discussing how her yoga and other specialties will help my development (faces stretching).

This story is only in the developmental stages. Wish I had a peek at the next chapter.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
02-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Sounds like a great opportunity to learn new things and grow outside the box!!

Baldiewonkanobi
02-13-2012, 09:59 AM
I still need to work on hydration. My skin is looking geezer like. Perhaps MORE carbs to suck up the water and fill me out. Eating a bowl of brown rice as I type with a 1/2 pound xtra lean burger patty on top. Also drinking a carb infused creatine load prior to every WO. Back day today. Think I will do several Hammer angles and one arm rows.

Took Jennifer on a very short ride on the chopper. Baby steps for her. Fine with me. While I was cleaning the beast before she showed up at my home I noticed that I must have a candy apple red jones. Car/chopper. Thus the new avitar.

Baldie

Hammerfit
02-13-2012, 10:27 AM
I still need to work on hydration. My skin is looking geezer like. Perhaps MORE carbs to suck up the water and fill me out. Eating a bowl of brown rice as I type with a 1/2 pound xtra lean burger patty on top. Also drinking a carb infused creatine load prior to every WO. Back day today. Think I will do several Hammer angles and one arm rows.

Took Jennifer on a very short ride on the chopper. Baby steps for her. Fine with me. While I was cleaning the beast before she showed up at my home I noticed that I must have a candy apple red jones. Car/chopper. Thus the new avitar.

Baldie

Cool color combo for sure

mrky03
02-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Beautiful chopper, did you have it built for you?

Baldiewonkanobi
02-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Called a Beast. 50 were built by the Scottsdale Harley dealer. 49 were exported to Australia and New Zeland. Sweet smooth rider. Harley twin OH cam engine punched out, blueprinted and balanced. Harley Soft Tail suspension. Balance custom. Because of the economy I offered them 1/2 and they took it.

Baldie

mrky03
02-14-2012, 06:15 AM
Sweet deal. We make the drive belts for Harley where I work.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Today I hit pec really hard. Inline Hammers, decline bench press and incline cable flys. 10 sets each. Fried those chesticles.

Later Jennifer came over and put me thru an intro to Yoga, That was awsome. Loved it. I know I will stretch the facia big time. Also will help with my posing.

What a girl :hugme:

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
02-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Woke with sore calfs....the stretching....yipes. Lucky it was arm day at MetroFlex. Weight a vascular 207. Gotta eat gotta eat. Well my lady did it again and hauled my butt up the side of another mountain. Then she proclaimed "this was an easy trail". Thanx Jennifer. But what a deal, beautiful lady, beautiful desert scenery and cardio. Today we will visit her gym and I will play with those interesting machines and dumbells while she does her Yoga.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
02-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Whoa.... major changes on the way. Jennifer and I have decided enough of Arafreakinzona. We are seriously looking at property in the foothills of Reno tomorrow. We will flip some homes here to make it work. I have just penned my first Bodybuilding article in 20 years. As soon as I get some backup pics I will send it of to one of the majors I use to publish in. We are working on a business plan to incorporate her background as a liscensed Therapist combining traditional with Shamanic teachings. She will complete her Doctorate this year. We will combine this with my 44 years as a sales leader in my industry and nearly 60 years of weight training. Together we will formulate a motivational/wellness lecture which we seek to present to corporate National sales meetings/conventions. Also in the works would be our version of what Frank Zane and wife do with exclusive clients in week long programs.

Stay tuned.

Hey I weighed 211 this morning. I can visualize 220 in 90 days.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
02-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Drop dead beautiful area. Glad we came here. We learned that the housing market here has not stopped falling. Bad time to buy. Since there is zero pressure gives us time to pin point the best investment. Arizona will have to do for the time being. I finished my first article and it was tweaked a bit with Jennifer's editing skills. My body needs these two days off of training.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
02-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Wow ya never know. Found a fantastic home steal in an area known as Scottsdale on Steroids.....Fountain Hills. More on that later.

I am so freaking busy GOOD BUSY but still squeezing in quality training. Keeping the weight on is the trick. 208 lean yesterday. Arizona is awakening for spring time which means the desert trees sprew forth POLLEN. Last year I freaking suffered with terminal post nasal drip and crusty red eyes. I am seeing an Allergist in a week. Jennifer keeps me focused to the multiple tasks at hand not forsaking Bodybuilding. There she is a solid partner.

I must NOT diet for this years show. Again double the carbs the last 10 days or so and start to dry out.....holding my body weight. I MUST go in full muscle bellies and 30-40 pounds bigger than the next largest man on stage. This keeps me youthfull and I will stand out. I can not show up like a fit geezer. Let the others deal with that. After all this is a Bodybuilding show. I trust the judges will remember that and not award the Pro Card on one body part alone such as killer abbs. I know that I have an Ecto curse but I do show muscle earned by HEAVY weight lifting and a diligent diet.

Baldie

Hammerfit
02-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Wow ya never know. Found a fantastic home steal in an area known as Scottsdale on Steroids.....Fountain Hills. More on that later.

I am so freaking busy GOOD BUSY but still squeezing in quality training. Keeping the weight on is the trick. 208 lean yesterday. Arizona is awakening for spring time which means the desert trees sprew forth POLLEN. Last year I freaking suffered with terminal post nasal drip and crusty red eyes. I am seeing an Allergist in a week. Jennifer keeps me focused to the multiple tasks at hand not forsaking Bodybuilding. There she is a solid partner.

I must NOT diet for this years show. Again double the carbs the last 10 days or so and start to dry out.....holding my body weight. I MUST go in full muscle bellies and 30-40 pounds bigger than the next largest man on stage. This keeps me youthfull and I will stand out. I can not show up like a fit geezer. Let the others deal with that. After all this is a Bodybuilding show. I trust the judges will remember that and not award the Pro Card on one body part alone such as killer abbs. I know that I have an Ecto curse but I do show muscle earned by HEAVY weight lifting and a diligent diet.

Baldie

Good plan..stay true to what you want and let the chips fall where they may

Rick Prince
03-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Man do I ever understand the stressing of the CNS. I have upped the intensity of my WOs and shortened the time to 45 min. Only Sundays off. What I am doing is working with my lady on relaxation and visualization techniques along with entry level Yoga. She is a master Yoga and a lisc. Thereapist trained in both the traditional and Shamanic arenas.

I see the stress as excess Cortisol. For that I am taking the natural approach and have added Holy Basil, 3gm vit C and L-Glutamine to my posy WO suppliments. We need Cortisol but as heavy weight lifters we normally produce way too much.

Baldie
Baldie, thanks for the tip on managing cortisol output. I will definitely add holy basil and additional vitamin C PWO.
It is good to see you are doing better and enjoying life.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Stress eats muscle! Manage that cortisol and life won't kill your progress. My 2 cents.

AnglicanBeachParty
03-01-2012, 06:17 AM
Later Jennifer came over and put me thru an intro to Yoga, That was awsome. Loved it. I know I will stretch the facia big time. Also will help with my posing.

What a girl :hugme:

Baldie

That's great! My wife does this for me. I just forget to ask often enough.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-01-2012, 11:13 AM
115521 Unscheduled day off today. Going to get my old butt buried on a hiking trail later today. It will be in the low 80s. So I eat eat and then eat again today.

Saw this pic of Toney Freeman and his torn pec. That it exactly what I am dealing with. He does not hide it. I tend to want to. Will the judges deduct....fruck me....who knows.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
03-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks to my Higher Power and Jennifer who projects protection thru her positive connections and prayer I was saved from a certain death 4 nights ago. I was dropping her off at her home when we heard a scraping in my right front wheel/brake. That eased a bit and we got to her house. I tried to get the Auto Club to tow me to the closest Ford dealer but they lost my records?? Long story short I told Jennifer I would drive the 2 miles to the Freeway and if I had any difficulties I would call. She said she would pray for my safety.

I hit all the lights save one on the way to the Freeway. 100 yards before the onramp the light turned red and I allpied the brakes. The right front locked solid and lurched me to the right out into the desert at 30mph. I limped and drug the locked up side to a nearby restaurant parking lot. Placed the fob on a tire and called Jennifer. The next day Ford picked up the car and found that a caliper bolt had sheared and lodged onto the brake pad. He told me at 65 mph had I hit the brakes on the Freeway the car would have spun then flipped. I was covered by warranty.

Story not over. The technician noticed that my tires had "Arizona" heat rot and bubbles. YIPES. I am driving to L.A. this Thursday. I would for sure had a high speed blow out. New tires no warranty.

Did I play the lottery? No. Said a quiet prayer of thanks and super hugged Jennifer.

I did not finish back day yesterday when Ford called about the tires.....20 inch high performance low profiles. Can we say $1300 incl. 4 way allignment....car is AWD. Got a reprive later when the company I consult for said they will pay me for an xtra month. Phew!!

Today finish back and hit some light delts.

Baldie

Hammerfit
03-06-2012, 11:14 AM
wow glad ur ok I feel your pain I got to replace replace tires on M.....uggggh

freebirdmac
03-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Wow Baldy! You do have an angel on your shoulder!

There's a thread on bb.com, OV35 misc (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142928461) where folks have never seen Smith leg presses. Had to mention your name in my 3rd post :)

masterschamp
03-08-2012, 05:34 AM
Holy $%#@ !!!, Bill ! Just glad to hear you are OK!

Keith

mrky03
03-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Wow, my life is so boring compared to yours! Glad to hear it turned out ok!

Baldiewonkanobi
03-12-2012, 11:08 AM
30 years ago I was diagnosed with early Emphasima and 30% lung function loss. I was tested last week. Now below 50%. My natural HRC count does aid me with oxygen. Doc says I have adapted. I must consider a rapid weight change and shrink. Continue weight training but at a much smaller package. Start on life extending meds. Increase cardio. Take up Yoga for breathing control. Jennifer must be an Angel. She had me hiking (big one today) and had started my Yoga. She says I do huff and puff even going up stairs. She somehow knew and instinctivly applied her magic.

We visited LA over the weekend and family and friends fell in love with her.

So less HRT, no creatine, cut protein from 300g to 200g or less. The Nationals look doubtful not not 100% out yet.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
03-12-2012, 06:48 PM
30 years ago I was diagnosed with early Emphasima and 30% lung function loss. I was tested last week. Now below 50%. My natural HRC count does aid me with oxygen. Doc says I have adapted. I must consider a rapid weight change and shrink. Continue weight training but at a much smaller package. Start on life extending meds. Increase cardio. Take up Yoga for breathing control. Jennifer must be an Angel. She had me hiking (big one today) and had started my Yoga. She says I do huff and puff even going up stairs. She somehow knew and instinctivly applied her magic.

We visited LA over the weekend and family and friends fell in love with her.

So less HRT, no creatine, cut protein from 300g to 200g or less. The Nationals look doubtful not not 100% out yet.

BaldieWell that just sucks Donkey balls! I can't believe the every down for an up you have been having! I think your lucky to be with this new lady, and my intuition is telling me take whatever she has to teach you and incorporate it. My gut feeling is she is the yang to your yin, or however that is supposed to go. Bringing balance to the force?

Baldiewonkanobi
03-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Well that just sucks Donkey balls! I can't believe the every down for an up you have been having! I think your lucky to be with this new lady, and my intuition is telling me take whatever she has to teach you and incorporate it. My gut feeling is she is the yang to your yin, or however that is supposed to go. Bringing balance to the force?

Yes James Jennifer is the ONE. My highly critical daughter in law E mailed me last night that they really enjoyed her and she is 'lovely'. 180 reaction from my GF from last year.

After a one hour kick ass back routine we hiked in the hills for several hours yesterday and my breathing seemed fine. I was able to breathe thru my nose 95% of the time without huffing and puffing....go figure? My oxygen on that finger monitor is 97-100. I must have adapted.

I do have a load of ups and downs. Good grief. Now my life has meaning and zest. Competing is no longer a benchmark. It does NOT define me. Looking/feeling 55 or younger does.

Baldie

Hammerfit
03-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Yes James Jennifer is the ONE. My highly critical daughter in law E mailed me last night that they really enjoyed her and she is 'lovely'. 180 reaction from my GF from last year.

After a one hour kick ass back routine we hiked in the hills for several hours yesterday and my breathing seemed fine. I was able to breathe thru my nose 95% of the time without huffing and puffing....go figure? My oxygen on that finger monitor is 97-100. I must have adapted.

I do have a load of ups and downs. Good grief. Now my life has meaning and zest. Competing is no longer a benchmark. It does NOT define me. Looking/feeling 55 or younger does.

Baldie

Prob the most profound statement Ive heard you say......It does NOT define me. Looking/feeling 55 or younger does.

freebirdmac
03-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Baldy, I've been looking at black seed oil. It might be worth a shot http://blackcumin.blogspot.com/2011/08/nigella-sativa-asthma.html

mrky03
03-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Prob the most profound statement Ive heard you say......It does NOT define me. Looking/feeling 55 or younger does.

Exactly! Contests come and go, happiness and a full life is what counts.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Thanx my peeps. Good grief I really laid it to Medicare the past 24 hours. Dermatologist clear. Allergy/lung Doc....new meds. Allergic to several things and making the adjustments. Internist also hit me upside the head...my blood test says 1.cut down protein 2. cut HRT in half 3. hydrate more 4. drop body weight to 185ish.

Did a high rep leg WO today with minimal rest time. 5 days of fewer meals, more water, dropped 'suppliments' and used a LOT less HRT...... and, cut protein way down and I weighed 199. 185 here I come. And it will come FAST.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
03-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Aw come on!!! Eating like a PX 90er and high repping lighter weights. Chit....what if my new set point is around 200?

New motto Keeping it Real.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
03-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Would 200 be unhealthy ? It's not like you are overweight., not short. Doesn't seem bad..

mrky03
03-16-2012, 01:58 PM
You look lean and mean to Baldie! Why does your doctor think you would better off at 185? Btw the new avi is hilarious!

Baldiewonkanobi
03-18-2012, 01:43 PM
For sure I have dropped my HRT and protein in half. Getting a fresh blood test in 3 weeks. It has been sugested to me that if I can get RBC, Hemo, creatnine, and BUN back around normal in just 30 days then why not go for the gold one more time THEN do my weight drop/suppliment correction. The 185 is an abritary number getting my lung capacity to body weight into a better ratio.
I feel fantastic with the new steroid 2 stage puffer and powerful nasal spray. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and no generics.
Food so far today (non training) Breakfast with Carb Girl (Jennifer) coffee, Englih muffin with almond butter, vanilla frosted cup cake, and a 40g Labrada protein drink. Now for 2 eggs plus 4 whites scrambled with a sprinkling of cheddar.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
03-18-2012, 01:49 PM
I keep wondering if they are taking the difference between fat and muscle into account. Muscle is far more capillaries and actually aids in cardiopulmonary function by acting like a distal heart pump in a sense..

Baldiewonkanobi
03-27-2012, 03:39 PM
HELP i'm shrinking. 195 nakie this morning. Strength is also down. My protein is now 15-200 daily instead of 300. Sugars are up but WTF not making me fat. HRT is in half but libido is still raging. I will have my blood test around the 15th. If all is well that only means that I was too high on protein, too low on water and over on my HRT. Then I will consider being 'bad' for 90 days and get weight back up for the July 4th Over 60 Mr. Muscle Beach and 10% still thinking about Pittsburgh. Money is now an issue with move in costs on new home hitting in June.

My plate is full and I love it. Not a boring moment. My lady is a blessing.

Baldie

mastersfreak63
03-27-2012, 04:45 PM
HELP i'm shrinking. 195 nakie this morning. Strength is also down. My protein is now 15-200 daily instead of 300. Sugars are up but WTF not making me fat. HRT is in half but libido is still raging. I will have my blood test around the 15th. If all is well that only means that I was too high on protein, too low on water and over on my HRT. Then I will consider being 'bad' for 90 days and get weight back up for the July 4th Over 60 Mr. Muscle Beach and 10% still thinking about Pittsburgh. Money is now an issue with move in costs on new home hitting in June.

My plate is full and I love it. Not a boring moment. My lady is a blessing.

Baldie

Good to hear things are busy but also great. When did you cut your HRT back??

Baldiewonkanobi
03-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Good to hear things are busy but also great. When did you cut your HRT back??

2 weeks ago. I am still 50% over the weekly 100mg bantered about here in RX and other sites. However blood tested I start at girlie 200 on the 350-850 scale.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
04-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Fighting the virus from hell along with Jennifer. Never the less we train. I am back at Golds Peoria mostly due to the fact that I was spending almost $170 a month xtra just to drive to MetroFlex. The new $19 mo. Golds membership lets me train at their Scottsdale facility near Jennifers Yoga palace. I did 10 sets of leg press, 5 sets ham curls and 10 sets of extreem 175 degree incline pec on the Smith at Scottsdale yesterday and 10 sets of seated push downs (tri/pec), 10 sets of rack pulls on Smith, 5 sets each of rear delt and rhomboid pulls on the ropes at Peoria noon today. Weight nakie 197. Still 10 pounds over last years stage weight and I am stage ready if I want. Just need Jan Tana and suit. Next week I will redo my blood test and if OK I will up my HRT, add creatine and up protein for the Muscle Beach show.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
04-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Sad day today. Bob Kennedy, Editor MuscleMag International, is in his final hours after fighting lung cancer (non smoker).

Baldie

mastersfreak63
04-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Sad day today. Bob Kennedy, Editor MuscleMag International, is in his final hours after fighting lung cancer (non smoker).

Baldie

It is very sad news. He was a pioneer in the bodybuilding publishing industry..

HeavyDutyGuy
04-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Baldie, didn't you write some articles for him? This is sad, he seems like one of the sports good guys.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Hi James....I refered to that in the Central Forum.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
04-17-2012, 11:14 AM
I am taking my Bodybuilding down a notch further by ending competition training all together. Now in the gym training and overall Bodybuilders diet will remain close to the same.

Jennifer and I were approved last night on an incredible offer we made on a short sale of a very large home right on the edge of open desert and mountains north of Phoenix. The next few months will be busy moving in and setting up a home. Then soon thereafter we will have a surprise in store for family and friends.

Baldie

masterschamp
04-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Sounds like you are happy....good luck to both of you, Bill.

Keith

HeavyDutyGuy
04-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Sounds like you are happy....good luck to both of you, Bill.

Keith x2!.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Did a ten set leg press with calf presses at end of ea set. 20x300, 15x400, 15x500, 10x600, 6x700, 10x600, 8x500, 7x400, 15x300, 10x300 xtra wide, finished 10x300 feet together. Last two sets consecutive. Done and out the door.

Met with painters today. Tic toc.

Friend Ryan Foxx placed 2nd SHW over the weekend at Emerald Cup. Check him out. He is 40 and doing Master 2013. LOOKOUT.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
05-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Still showing up to the gym. Arthritis RAGING but fuck it!! After proper warm up I can go for PBs. Doing 2 maybe 3 exercises per body part....twice every 7-8 days. Sets are running 10 per with a PB attempt and closing 15-20 burn out final set. I still keep my protein at 200 (down from 300) and eat carbs like a teenager. Body weight 206 and rising. I think a year off from comp will grow me and fill in that pec tear divot to lets hope to Toney Freemans rerpair.

Baldie

Hammerfit
05-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Still showing up to the gym. Arthritis RAGING but fuck it!! After proper warm up I can go for PBs. Doing 2 maybe 3 exercises per body part....twice every 7-8 days. Sets are running 10 per with a PB attempt and closing 15-20 burn out final set. I still keep my protein at 200 (down from 300) and eat carbs like a teenager. Body weight 206 and rising. I think a year off from comp will grow me and fill in that pec tear divot to lets hope to Toney Freemans rerpair.

Baldie

Glad to see ya hanging in there and that your health is good. Always inspiring hearing from ya.

masterschamp
05-11-2012, 04:32 PM

Baldie

I think that's a good strategy, Bill.

Keith

HeavyDutyGuy
05-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Sounds reasonable. What about the health issue? Is that resolving somewhat then?

Baldiewonkanobi
05-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanx....

Got 4 wheels per side X 6 on the Hammer High Lat Pulldown = small tear in the rib muscle.

Ice and Aleve time. Sunday off for sure.

Baldie

masterschamp
05-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Thanx....

Got 4 wheels per side X 6 on the Hammer High Lat Pulldown = small tear in the rib muscle.

Ice and Aleve time. Sunday off for sure.

Baldie

Hell Bill, I thought ice and Aleve were parts of our regular diet!

Keith

Baldiewonkanobi
05-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Taking another day off. Rib area healing up nice. Now its the freaking lat/neck tie ins that are inflamed. This will take longer. Figure leg day tomorrow followed by an arm day and that will give me 4 days off the upper lat/delt/pec/trap areas.

My weight is now 208....hmmmmm? Still crazylean and vascular. I am doing very heavy weights which were NOT part of my plan. I seem to mentally check out once inside the gym. I am NOT 42....I'm F'en 72 and the recovery is the chitz. My arms and legs have grown....everything has grown.

I'm a mess....

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
05-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Taking another day off. Rib area healing up nice. Now its the freaking lat/neck tie ins that are inflamed. This will take longer. Figure leg day tomorrow followed by an arm day and that will give me 4 days off the upper lat/delt/pec/trap areas.

My weight is now 208....hmmmmm? Still crazylean and vascular. I am doing very heavy weights which were NOT part of my plan. I seem to mentally check out once inside the gym. I am NOT 42....I'm F'en 72 and the recovery is the chitz. My arms and legs have grown....everything has grown.

I'm a mess....

Baldie
Sounds like youre growing-hardcore!

Baldiewonkanobi
06-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Woke this morning in our new digs. I moved, packed, unpacked up and down stairs from 5am until 11pm. I look out at the Sonoran mountains and Sagurao cactus. Daunting task ahead getting home put to bed. Jennifer is amazing with impecable taste for furnishing placement and un bridled energy.

My training is in limbo getting in 4 days a week maintenance for now. Diet not quite a BB diet and I have for the first time an inch of fat. Everyone who has seen our home is amazed...Jennifer collected amazing furniture and articacts over the years.

Baldie

AnglicanBeachParty
06-09-2012, 11:25 PM
It's great to see you update, Baldie!

Baldiewonkanobi
06-19-2012, 04:05 PM
New home flooded on 8th day. Ice maker broke and poured out all night. Monster damage. 8 days of moving now moved OUT. Carpets, floorboards, kick plates dry wall, paint, furniture damage.....on and on. I picked up a skin infection on head and face from the gym according to my Doc. Start anti Bs today. Looks like I have both small pox and acne. YUCK.

Missed some training....duh. Gonna hit light legs this evening on way to pharmacy.

F me Baldie

swingslammer
06-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Damn...when it rains it pours......or else your ice maker breaks! Good luck with everything.

HeavyDutyGuy
06-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Rotten luck! Sadly light workers are still stuck with malfunctioning fridges and things of that ilk. Good thing you were able to save most of your stuff.

Baldiewonkanobi
06-20-2012, 11:22 AM
I will carry a packet of anti bacterial wipes in my gym pants. Shaving my head opens me for these infections. Happened once a year ago. Ahhhhh the price of being sexy.

House smells like the high school locker room after football.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
07-06-2012, 05:14 PM
I visited with Troy Alves for the first time in weeks. He is spot on for the Dallas Pro show.

He says my upper body is perfect. The pec is filling in. I am 209 all upper body. Troy is talking me back into the squat rack for the first time in about 4 years. If I bring up my legs to match my upper body I "will be hard to beat in 2013 at the Nationals." We shall see how my COPD likes squats.....hmmmmm. Time will tell.

Baldie

mrky03
07-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Baldie, you are amazing! Stay young! :)

Hammerfit
07-06-2012, 08:15 PM
I visited with Troy Alves for the first time in weeks. He is spot on for the Dallas Pro show.

He says my upper body is perfect. The pec is filling in. I am 209 all upper body. Troy is talking me back into the squat rack for the first time in about 4 years. If I bring up my legs to match my upper body I "will be hard to beat in 2013 at the Nationals." We shall see how my COPD likes squats.....hmmmmm. Time will tell.

Baldie

I concure w Troy......just squat baby!

Baldiewonkanobi
07-07-2012, 12:09 PM
I hear ya, I hear ya......

Squat day tomorrow. Painful thought for a 72 year old 6'1" ecto with 3 meniscus surgeries. I know, baby steps. Thinking of a squat/lunge day then a leg press/ham curl/leg ext day 3-4 days later....ea. week. I will up the protein and cals a bit and put creatine back in my diet.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
07-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Good things are happening all around. My love Jennifer could not make my life any more comfortable, exciting and full of hope. My health is damn good. The COPD does not bother me one iota as long as I take the meds. The daily Cialis works wonders at shrinking the prostate and night trips are now few and far between. "We" love the side effects. I am filling in the upper pec over the rupture site. I have upped the protein a tad and introed creatine back into my mix. My physique has improved vastly over the past year when I lost a ton of size due to my ruptured pec.. I am anxious to see this years Over 70 Pro Card winner. If the NPC would gather up all the best Over 70s in one day with no prep and place them on stage I would win every time. My chity ass contest prep and injuries are my downfall. Otherwise, walking around at 210ish and shirt (or shorts) off in the gym I am hard to beat if I must say so.

Baldie

masterschamp
07-19-2012, 06:24 AM
Good things are happening all around. My love Jennifer could not make my life any more comfortable, exciting and full of hope. My health is damn good. The COPD does not bother me one iota as long as I take the meds. The daily Cialis works wonders at shrinking the prostate and night trips are now few and far between. "We" love the side effects. I am filling in the upper pec over the rupture site. I have upped the protein a tad and introed creatine back into my mix. My physique has improved vastly over the past year when I lost a ton of size due to my ruptured pec.. I am anxious to see this years Over 70 Pro Card winner. If the NPC would gather up all the best Over 70s in one day with no prep and place them on stage I would win every time. My chity ass contest prep and injuries are my downfall. Otherwise, walking around at 210ish and shirt (or shorts) off in the gym I am hard to beat if I must say so.

Baldie

Everything sounds encouraging, Bill...........hopefully I'll get to meet you at the Master's Nationals next year.

Keith

Baldiewonkanobi
07-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Thats my goal Keith. My best look ever was when I won the Mr. Muscle Beach and took 2nd in the Mr. California. Each time I was non commital one week out, big and full bellied. All I did was watch my fluids. All my other runs at the Mr. America, USA, and Universe Masters were way too thought out and ended in dehydrated non wins. My NPC Masters Nationals were first show dehydrated. I was some 10 pounds bigger the 2nd night and concensus said if I looked like that on Friday I would have won. Amazing what 2 bowls of pasta and a half dozen near beers will do. The second show some back stage spies reported up front that I used Dream Tan...a political NO NO. That with both dehydration AGAIN and a ruptured pec spelled disaster.

One would think I would know better. I have competed in 3 dozen shows and judged some 3 dozen. I have trained a Mr. USA Joe Antouri and Mr. World runner up.

I am gonna do it right or not at all. I should be 220+ New Years. If I can live in that skin for 6 months I should compete at 210 IF I keep hydrated. That should make up for my 6' ecto frame standing next to 5'6" 170 pound geezers.

Time for breakfast. (second breakfast)

Baldie

masterschamp
07-19-2012, 12:12 PM
In any case, Bill, we can do some beer(carb) loading after the show next year.......who knows we all might decide to do the NA after that! :)

HeavyDutyGuy
07-19-2012, 04:12 PM
How's the emphesma? (I'm lost) , did I miss something? Hopefully you can do that show, looks like we might have a few of us there. The other guys better enjoy their run this time out, because next time the RX gang will be taking it!

Baldiewonkanobi
07-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Emphesema and COPD same thing really.

I have suspected that the scale at Golds $cott$dale was light. The clientel is rather upscale and uptight. I trained last night at Golds Peoria, my base camp, where I have been weighing for the past 18 months. 212. Mo betta. Mo betta that is if I really want to go for it one more time. Otherwise its a hellava lot easier with my age and limited lungs to drop weight.

Sad word from son of my X GF a lot of you met one year ago today in Pittsburgh. Liver disease. For those of you who do not check in here regularly...she hid very well her closet drinking until she fell apart at a luau in Maui last August.

Speaking of Pittsburgh...first time in 4 years I am not either in the audience or on stage.

2013?

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
07-22-2012, 09:24 AM
I am wound up this morning. 2 days with a gall bladder burning like a BBQ charcoal now gone (stone must have passed thru), body rested from 2 days off, worry about my dimple from my left pec tear has no longer become an issue. My pecs are almost back to my 1985 size. Fuck the dimple...I at least have pecs. Our new Over 70 Pro won without any pecs. GOOD GRIEF. My friend Peter Finch could have had the Pro Card....dayum. Sorry my brother you gotta show up. My 6 year old grand daughter has bigger pecs than our new Pro. And it looks like legs are no longer a requirement in this class. That gives me more desire to hit the chit outta legs. "if" I show up in Pittsburgh in 2013 I will look like I belong in a Bodybuilding show.

Baldie

Mac
07-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Glad you're over the gall bladder situation. The new over 70 Pro, while I commend him for being on stage, is in a sad state for being labelled a Pro.

You too could have taken the 1st place trophy and made it as Pro based on what I saw in 2010 at the Masters.

Hammerfit
07-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Glad you're over the gall bladder situation. The new over 70 Pro, while I commend him for being on stage, is in a sad state for being labelled a Pro.

You too could have taken the 1st place trophy and made it as Pro based on what I saw in 2010 at the Masters.

I agree with Steve. Although I certainly don't want to take anything away from the winner of the over 70 but you would have walked away with that card hands down! Use it as fuel to be prepared for 2013.

Down4whatever
07-23-2012, 09:18 AM

I agree with Steve. Although I certainly don't want to take anything away from the winner of the over 70 but you would have walked away with that card hands down! Use it as fuel to be prepared for 2013.

I agree too Baldie!

What's the old saying? You never know who's gonna show up?.....well sometimes nobody shows up. Food for thought

Baldiewonkanobi
07-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Had a great phone conversation yesterday with the last true National Over 70 champ Peter Finch. He does justice to the term Bodybuilder. Yes its great to see the geezers tan up and limp on stage BUT come on peeps (JUDGES) this is a THE National Bodybuilding contest. NOT a feel good fitty fit contest. Down some real protein not tofu men, push some heavy iron around, eat sleep walk train and screw like a freaking BODYBUILDER.

With some good fortune we just might see Peter and Baldie bring some badly needed muscle (and attitude) to Pittsburgh in 2013.

Baldie

AnglicanBeachParty
07-30-2012, 06:00 AM
With some good fortune we just might see Peter and Baldie bring some badly needed muscle (and attitude) to Pittsburgh in 2013.

Baldie

Would LOVE to see this!!

masterschamp
07-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Do it!

Keith

koruverde
08-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Hope To dominate in 2013...even over Baldie!! (lol)... Just couldn't make it this year!

Baldiewonkanobi
08-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Would love to jump on this with bravado but feeling pfucking 72 this morning. BP up first time in a month. Had to take my meds. Picked up a skin infection at gym (shaved head invites this.....aaarg). Alergic to the antibiotic. That gall bladder attack last month past but needs Doc to evaluate. My chronic inflamed traps at the neck connection for past 3 months worse. Soooo seeing my Doc today.

I will put in a moderate back routine here in about an hour.

I have noticed that when slightly dehydrated and weight under 205 my skin gets that geez look. I call it turkey skin. I will NOT allow this.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
08-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Need to do the hat thing- baseball cap or those skull cap-beanie things. And to the other thing- stay hydrated- did the70s guys dry out for cuts?

Baldiewonkanobi
08-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Cuts James....you jest.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
08-06-2012, 04:45 PM
No jesting. I don't recall hearing much about it- but I was a newbie- a naive teen at the time.

HeavyDutyGuy
08-06-2012, 04:49 PM
I meant guys IN the 1970s- 80s even.

Baldiewonkanobi
08-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Taking 2 days off to heal. For the first time since I finished rehab on the torn pec I have pain in that pec while doing any push movements. Flys no problem. Same side elbow has a twinge of the tennis elbow pain. My weight is between 207-210 and more vascular than ever. Even in my quads. I am pounding the calories. I go to sleep looking pregnant and wake up show ready.

My arthritis is flaming. Neck/traps are Fing SORE. Taking meds. The for chits gym infection I picked up on my bald head is 90% cured. $295 topical antibiotic foam. I wear a beanie now even in the 118 Arizona heat.

Since this thread is looking like an annual physical......let me once again inform all you seniors who visit here....daily half dose Cialis shrinks the prostate and assures that your stecker pecks out when needed. Also take HRT if needed. T is the answer to most of our ills. Any Hyaluronic Acid formulated by Biotec will cool your joints.
Thats all you get.....

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
08-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Thought you might like to see how lean I am at 210 and how I have brought up my legs at age 72.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
08-20-2012, 12:44 PM
....studies out of Italy's University of Rome show both
improvement in T/E ratio and Testosterone in saliva after heavy exercise indicating increased NO with daily Cialis use.

A Master's mieacle drug? First wood then shrink enlarged prostate then this....sign me up.

Baldie

Mac
08-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Cialis improves the T/E ratio because of its anti-estrogenic effect, which is why your prostate issue diminishes.

Baldiewonkanobi
08-21-2012, 11:10 PM
I like...212 this morning.

Baldie

ayezer
08-22-2012, 08:06 AM
if works sounds good

Hammerfit
08-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Thought you might like to see how lean I am at 210 and how I have brought up my legs at age 72.

Baldie

awesome Bill, I love it when we can dispell the myth that you cant add muscle over 50

Baldiewonkanobi
08-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks Mike. If I can resolve the constant trap/neck pain I will really crank it up for 2013 Pittsburgh. Many things could be in play...arthritis, rare side effect to Cialis, and possible gout in the neck. I know I have arthristis....seen the xrays. In fact Doc cant believe I lift. I have gout in toes and knuckles and wrists which I can cool down with Allopurinol, and I have cut Cialis in half. I have upped appropriate suppliments and added a few xtra days off. If Deca didn't cause limp dick and adult acne that would be a consideration. I know it works with joint/muscle pain when I took it 25 years ago. Would also add 10 pounds stage weight by next July. Oh well.

Baldie

Hammerfit
08-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks Mike. If I can resolve the constant trap/neck pain I will really crank it up for 2013 Pittsburgh. Many things could be in play...arthritis, rare side effect to Cialis, and possible gout in the neck. I know I have arthristis....seen the xrays. In fact Doc cant believe I lift. I have gout in toes and knuckles and wrists which I can cool down with Allopurinol, and I have cut Cialis in half. I have upped appropriate suppliments and added a few xtra days off. If Deca didn't cause limp dick and adult acne that would be a consideration. I know it works with joint/muscle pain when I took it 25 years ago. Would also add 10 pounds stage weight by next July. Oh well.

Baldie

yeah I dont think the anabolic is worth the sides Ive been living w arthritis all my adult life, I use mobic and large doseage of joint supplements as well as large doses of fish and flax oils Honestly I think the oils are the most helpful even though that is not there intended useage per sa

we just have to say, fuck it and lift heavy as possible for as much TUT as possible

HeavyDutyGuy
08-22-2012, 12:00 PM
If you're taking Cialis, Deca might not be bad, if you're also on some kind of test for HRT. If it wasn't for horses, ive heard Eq also helps. Though my horses shoulder still hurts.

Baldiewonkanobi
08-22-2012, 04:02 PM
James Eq is 'softer' than Deca. Its major sides are high RBC. I have natural HRBC along with the T kicker. I give blood every 6 weeks. The good thing for me with HRBC is I have COPD. My RBCs carry xtra oxygen.....a very good thing.

Baldie

mrky03
08-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Damit Baldie you have brought up those wheels! Squats?

ayezer
08-25-2012, 02:43 PM
yes good work!!!

Baldiewonkanobi
08-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Tnx. I do hacks, reverse hacks, leg press to 800#, one leg press on the lunge machine, ham machine and extensions. Thinking of getting back to squats but in the Smith for safety.

Baldie

AnglicanBeachParty
08-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Nice work on the legs, Baldie!

Baldiewonkanobi
08-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Back to squats. Goal by New Years 225 X 20 bench squats to be sure butt is all the way down.

Day 1. 225 X 6. 6th set. 5 warm up sets.

For me....this is a BIG DEAL. Said I would never do them again.

I will call this squat day. On regular leg day I will continue Leg press, reverse hacks, extensions and ham curls.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
08-27-2012, 06:55 PM
SQUATS of any kind are good. I suck at front squats-hurts too much having the bat there, but I like the idea of back squats one session, and front squats the next. Or squat workout one leg day, and Hacks, leg extensions and leg curls the next alA Tom Platz. Sounds like you're on a similar mission. Remember Peter has legs...

Down4whatever
08-27-2012, 07:02 PM
WOW....impressive B!!

You're really bringing those legs up nicely! Wish I could say the same for me. Sometimes I wonder if I just wasn't built to have good legs.

masterschamp
08-28-2012, 06:54 AM
Awesome job, Bill! legs are looking good, bro

Keith

Hammerfit
08-28-2012, 10:42 AM
SQUAT, SQUAT, wraps the knees and squat some more!

Baldiewonkanobi
08-28-2012, 12:22 PM
I stopped squating after I tore my pec.Jan. 2011. I could not get my left shoulder/arm back far enough to hold the bar. I can do that now with a little twinge. Troy Alves observed my upper body belonging on a 220 pound man. I weigh 211 right now with a little water in the lower back....maybe 5 pounds overall. Net 205. I won't be gaining 15 pounds on my pins/glutes no matter what at my age but 10 over the next 11 months is doable. If I can stand 210 on stage conditioned that will be 23 pounds larger than the last show.

I also found that the deep breathing helped with my COPD. A LOT!!!

Baldie

bryantone
08-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Impressive wheels at any age.

Baldiewonkanobi
08-30-2012, 10:54 AM
My arthritis in my neck is flaming....OUCH. Thought I had squat bar low enough on my traps...apparantly not. Actin is a front line inflamation reducer/pain reliever. Hard to find outside of the lab. There are some herbal Actin 'like' remedies which I believe to be total BS. I am looking at Osta Gain (RX sponsor) peptide TB-500.

Hey.....some positive financial news.

I hope that the rising Arizona economy and housing market spreads next year to all 50 states. I hear Texas is starting up also. I want my bros. and sis and their families in here to prosper. Our highways and streets are now buzzing with concrete trucks, dumps and lumber trucks. New projects are starting up all over the Phoenix Valley. Right next door to me (like 1' away) 390 new homes are going up @ $110 sq. ft.

Baldie

gman
08-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Me too, Baldie...I put 60k down on my house 5 years ago, and right now it's still 30-40k upside down. This was a 325k house, not a big mansion!

Baldiewonkanobi
09-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Squat day #2 in the book. Because the Smith bar is lighter than the Oly bar I always add and xtra 30 lbs. to start. Again, goal is 20 X 225 by New Year.

135 X 12
185 X 12
205 X 10
225 X 8.......up 2 reps
245 X 6
135 X 12 warmdown

All to 1" below parallel and hold 1001 on bench before push up.

Seated calf work.

My arthritis in neck/traps hurts on a scale of is an 8 on a 10 max. Right shoulder a 6. No NASAIDs due to weak kydneys. Tylanol 650s. Thats it. I have added double MSM/glucosamine/condroitin , my usual 4 x Hyaluronic Acid, now Extract of Olive Leaf and Red Cherry skin Extract. I am doing a series of zero chest/back/delts to let those joints chill. So its legs, arms, off, legs, arms, off, legs, arms, for next 9 days. I have a series of Peptides for arthritis on the way and will also introduce a minimal 100 mg. per week of D%&*. Not enough for much bulking but enough to cool the joints. Pain today is a 5 in neck/traps and 2 in shoulder. YES

Don't y'all just love Bodybuilding?

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
09-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Hydrotherapy helps too if you can do 20 min showers and have access to a jacuzzi. I used to do that in Ca. D$@" should help too.

masterschamp
09-04-2012, 05:13 AM
Bill.......you are one tough S.O.B. !!!!!!!

Keith

gman
09-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Way to keep fighting, Bill

Baldiewonkanobi
09-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Forgot to add that I also have started Boswilla for joint mobility.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
09-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Boswilla? - a small country in Africa???

freebirdmac
09-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Legs look damn good for any age!

Baldiewonkanobi
09-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Tnx Birdie. Still outta cinc with upper body. Today was reverse hacks deeeeep. Then quickly on to machine ham pulls. Mofo!! Then some slomo leg ext. holding at top. 5 sets of calf presses to failure. Done. My energy was high and neck pain minimal. I will stay with leg/arms only for another week. The handfull of nutritional anti inflamatories and the inj. Actin peptides into the trap/neck connection might be working.

Baldie

gman
09-07-2012, 06:36 AM
Sounds like it is working, Bill...glad to hear!

Baldiewonkanobi
09-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Mixed reviews on squats today.
135 X 13
185 X 13
205 X 10
225 x 8 no improvement
245 X 4 down 4 reps ?

Neck/traps still a bit sore. Skin infection 99% gone. One more round of legs/arms/rest then back to adding back in upper body.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
09-11-2012, 12:57 PM
OK that was different doing legs/ams/rest X 3 rounds. Now I will change it up a bit.
Day 1. upper body
chest X 2 exercises 4 sets ea
back X 2 exercices 4 sets ea
delts X 2 exercises 4 sets ea
Day 2. squats/calf
Day 3. arms
Day 4. rest
Day 5. misc. legs/calf
Day 6. arms
Day 7. rest

Repeat

Lets see if I can work this for 6 weeks. Maintain upper body and grow arms/legs.

Weight 211...6 week goal 215.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
09-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Odd that I am posting my WOs.
Misc. leg/calf day
Incline leg press.
4 plates X 20 warm up.
6 X 20
8 X 20
10 X 10
12 X 10
14 X 6
10 X 15
8 X 20
6 X to cry for your mommy failure

All super setted with calf presses on same machine.

That's all folks.

Baldie

Looking for a breakthru on squat day........

gman
09-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Damn Bill, that's some serious volume

Baldiewonkanobi
09-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Odd squat day. My neck/trap pain was at 50%. I took round 3 of my peptides and headed for the gym. I use the velcro neck pad bar due to my pain but alas...the two at Golds were stolen. So it was metal against my sore geezer traps. Some slight meniscus pain just below the knee caps. I need to double my Hyaluronic Acid. Soooo I had to adjust and experiment:
135 X 15
185 X 10
225 X 8
285 X 4
135 X 15
then front squats for farts and giggles:
3 sets of 135 X 6

Then did 3 sets of 15 rear delt/trap flies because IF I have trapezius myralgia (who the fuck knows really) then its daily light weight hitting the traps.

All in all I was OK with training.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
09-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Are you doing free bar or Smith? Don't forget the towel around the bar trick :)

Hammerfit
09-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Are you doing free bar or Smith? Don't forget the towel around the bar trick :)

Towel is a good "old school" trick for sure. Also try squatting in a thick hoddie or sweatshirt, helps pad the traps just enough
Glad to see you squatting none the less....most would use that as an excuse not to!

Baldiewonkanobi
09-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Tnx Mike. I will keep a towel in my bag. I use to for that reason. I'm like a lizzard...I don't sweat so I forget the towel.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
09-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Did some moderate back/delt/pec today. I will continue to concentrate on legs and arms and keeping upper body static. Better on my traps which are holding at the somewhat better stage.

What I liked about today was the great peeps in my gym. Lee, recovering from prostate surgery and roaring back to 235, Adonis, 280 and starting to look menacing, and Troy close to pulling the trigger for the Masters Olympia in Miami. All serious Bodybuilders with a smile, full of compliments and ready to jump in when asked. Great men all.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
09-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Drum roll ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

​Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
09-18-2012, 04:31 PM
215 is mas bueno! 220 anyone ?

masterschamp
09-20-2012, 12:06 PM
You're doing GREAT, Bill...........maybe next year we can have all the slots filled for the Nats in July.......Rx guys in every class.

Baldiewonkanobi
09-21-2012, 03:48 PM
The only way I will compete is that I must be stage ready weeks out. I will not put Jennifer thru my crazies. I can not and will not go thru crunch time ever again. Right now I am vascular and rock hard. Body fat is very low. I carry water on lower back....easily remedied.

My traps were inflamed again today but got thru a great upper body blast never the less.

Baldie

Mac
09-21-2012, 07:41 PM
The only way I will compete is that I must be stage ready weeks out. I will not put Jennifer thru my crazies. I can not and will not go thru crunch time ever again. Right now I am vascular and rock hard. Body fat is very low. I carry water on lower back....easily remedied.

My traps were inflamed again today but got thru a great upper body blast never the less.

Baldie

Hit the BB stage for what, the subjectivity of the judges that day?
The politics of East Coast boy vs. West Coast?
Why not just stay/improve slowly like you are now and not worry about hitting the stage?

Every day you're at some stage of life. If you make it to the BB stage, that's great.

just sayin

Baldiewonkanobi
09-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Agree....this is now my 2nd year with no contest flier taped to the frige door. For now a great feeling. I still must resolve my trap pain.

Baldie

Hammerfit
09-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Hit the BB stage for what, the subjectivity of the judges that day?
The politics of East Coast boy vs. West Coast?
Why not just stay/improve slowly like you are now and not worry about hitting the stage?

Every day you're at some stage of life. If you make it to the BB stage, that's great.

just sayin

Im struggling with this also....its hard to put all this effort into a very subjective sport. You must love what you do or dont do it. I actually enjoy contest prep, pushing myself to extreme conditioning. I just need to shut out the outer world the last few weeks.

HeavyDutyGuy
09-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Contests are great as markers or milestones of personal achievement. Unless you're winning Mr Olympia they suck as an end all and be all.

Baldiewonkanobi
09-23-2012, 12:09 PM
I will never forget 2011 when the obvious winner in the Nationals Over 70 was Peter Finch. Then later we see a video of a "top" NPC official along with one of Peter's competition talking about their old work out partnering days. About as bad as when I over heard the head judge tell the others at the Masters Mr. America in Philly "The guy in red (me) is from California".

Peter has balls and the physique to back them up. He will be back in 2013.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
09-24-2012, 04:06 PM
2010 was kind of the same thing. He didn't get as shafted, but the judging was half asleep- IMO.

Baldiewonkanobi
09-24-2012, 05:33 PM
James, in 2010 Peter won...edging out one amazing physique (ME).

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
09-24-2012, 07:01 PM
James, in 2010 Peter won...edging out one amazing physique (ME).

Baldie

I know. He didn't get shafted in that division. Didn't he do the over 60s as well. He deserved it, but thought that most of the judging that year was off.

Baldiewonkanobi
09-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Absolutely feeling MAJOR SHITTY today. Traps inflamed. Gonna mega load some Malic Acid. Hands and hips have some arthritis. Did some Fast and Furious arms yesterday. 5 sets overheads for tris...up to 120#. 5 sets of one arm Hammers for bis....up to 90#. Big pump and outta gym after some tall tales with Alves, Lee and Adonis. Gotta get a pic of this group. Went for 1 hour walk thru the desert last evening just before sunset with Jennifer. I should carry a hand gun for rattlers and Javelina. Never seen one yet but they are out there. Not wild pigs like I thought. They are mini FAST desert Hippos. Mean and travel in groups. Saw the worlds largest Jack Rabbit. His ear tips were waist high. Size of a small hunting dog.

Baldie

koruverde
09-28-2012, 03:14 PM
I will never forget 2011 when the obvious winner in the Nationals Over 70 was Peter Finch. Then later we see a video of a "top" NPC official along with one of Peter's competition talking about their old work out partnering days. About as bad as when I over heard the head judge tell the others at the Masters Mr. America in Philly "The guy in red (me) is from California".

Peter has balls and the physique to back them up. He will be back in 2013.

Baldie

You bet your ass I'll be back in 2013 with a package that'll rival what the boys in Vegas are about to show off this weekend!!! Well...maybe not QUITE as jacked but what happened in Pitts this summer was an affront to masters BB and I ain't gonna let that happen again...gettin up on stage takes some moxie, but bring a BODYBUILDER'S BODY with you...or don't!! I will be insane in 2013..and can't wait!!! And my buddy Baldie will have to deal!!!

Baldiewonkanobi
09-28-2012, 03:19 PM
2 weeks from today I marry Jennifer Elizabeth here at our home in Peoria, Az.

What a blessing she is in my life. A beautiful lady with a sweet soul, an amazing mind, wit, and physical body. She brings years of study into all things mystical into our lives. She is completing her Phd in Positive Psychology while I am deep into completing my novel about the only man to escape Islas Tres Marias, Mexico's Alcaraz.

Baldie

masterschamp
10-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Happy for you on all fronts, Bill....

Mac
10-01-2012, 05:16 PM
2 weeks from today I marry Jennifer Elizabeth here at our home in Peoria, Az.

What a blessing she is in my life. A beautiful lady with a sweet soul, an amazing mind, wit, and physical body. She brings years of study into all things mystical into our lives. She is completing her Phd in Positive Psychology while I am deep into completing my novel about the only man to escape Islas Tres Marias, Mexico's Alcaraz.

Baldie

Congratulations Bill and Jennifer.

Are you reading or writing a novel?

Baldiewonkanobi
10-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Writing the novel. If I must say so its rather good. NYT Best Seller...why not?

Baldie

Hammerfit
10-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Are you getting enough complex carbs? I can regulate my bodyweight up or down by adjusting carb intake. Seems the more mature we get the more carb sensitive we are.

Try and stay within 10 lbs of what you estimate your stage weight to keep the skin aclimated(sp) and tight

I got off HRT about 9 weeks ago and so far hasnt made much difference at all. I think since my dose is so small it's not going to be a factor. I do keep Yohimbe Bark in my supps and that seems to keep things lively

DUKE56
10-02-2012, 09:43 AM
I read about "inflamed traps", does that feel like a pulled trap muscle? I went to the chiropracter thinking I needed my neck adjusted. He xrays my neck and says I have arthritus in my neck with bone spurs, etc. It feels like a pulled muscle. Like I have a crick in my neck. Sorry didn't mean to try to take over the thread I just had that question.

Baldiewonkanobi
10-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Thanx all...

I am making an appointment with a Sports Med MD this morning. He takes Medicare. They are agressive with all aspects of treatment.

The best wqay I can describe my pain is that it's like having the achy flu in the traps and neck 24/7. Pain runs from a 2 to an 8. Turning to the left is sore.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
10-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Well congratulations!!

Mac
10-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Foam roll that upper back and neck! Amazing results for me on my lower. Problems seemed to come from tight muscles going into spasm. Now I do it 3 times a week for maintenance and have had ZERO problems.

Loosens those tight muscles so the rest can relax.

You'll thank me, like i thanked the one who turned me on to it.

koruverde
10-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Foam roll that upper back and neck! Amazing results for me on my lower. Problems seemed to come from tight muscles going into spasm. Now I do it 3 times a week for maintenance and have had ZERO problems.

Loosens those tight muscles so the rest can relax.

You'll thank me, like i thanked the one who turned me on to it.

I'm trying the foam roller thing and it really does help!

koruverde
10-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Really happy for you...and Jennifer! It's time! God Bless!

Baldiewonkanobi
10-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Thanx.

I now notice a slight tremor in my hands index and middle fingers. Pinched nerve in the neck?? I checked out Parkinsons and only have 2 of the 10 signs so OK there. Jennifer says she noticed that some time ago. Me, only last few days. The Sports Med MD I see on the 15th specializes in neck and spine problems. Anxious to get the diagnosis. The imparement is now a constant 4. Was moving from a 2 to 8 on pain scale.

I am hitting shoulders and back here in a few. Will start with a dumbell pull over/upright row super set. Took off 2 days for rest. Should be interesting.

Baldie

Mac
10-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Thanx.

I now notice a slight tremor in my hands index and middle fingers. Pinched nerve in the neck?? I checked out Parkinsons and only have 2 of the 10 signs so OK there. Jennifer says she noticed that some time ago. Me, only last few days. The Sports Med MD I see on the 15th specializes in neck and spine problems. Anxious to get the diagnosis. The imparement is now a constant 4. Was moving from a 2 to 8 on pain scale.

I am hitting shoulders and back here in a few. Will start with a dumbell pull over/upright row super set. Took off 2 days for rest. Should be interesting.

Baldie

I have had tremors in my fingers of my right had since I was a kid. Doctors say it is a form of dystonia. The same hand suffers from writer's cramp to where it becomes unusable. After 10 minutes or so it goes away. Thankfully I can hang on to the iron, but pounding nails with a hammer, forgettabout it after a few minutes.

Baldiewonkanobi
10-06-2012, 03:33 PM
WO went fantastic. Heavy weights with no pain. The blood flushed in the trap area has eased the pain.

All is well in Arizona.

Baldie

axioma
10-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Nice.

Baldiewonkanobi
10-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Monday was squat day but I did not want a bar anywhere near my traps. So.....front squats. Warmed up with ham curls, leg ext., and calf. Then it was 5 sets of 135# front squats to bench (to be sure I got all the way down) X 6 ea. My half gone COPD lungs were screaming....loved it!!

This morning will be a day off. Traps/neck are 50% better today.

Been watching backyard/outdoor fireplace, drip irrigation, and granite topping go in. Lawns are an eco no no in Arizona. Old homes, a few parks and golf courses have grass. I read where if So Cal home owners got rid of lawns and put in drip systems (they are desert also) that both Lake Powell and Lake Mead woud be overflowing instead of half empty.

Baldie

Hammerfit
10-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Monday was squat day but I did not want a bar anywhere near my traps. So.....front squats. Warmed up with ham curls, leg ext., and calf. Then it was 5 sets of 135# front squats to bench (to be sure I got all the way down) X 6 ea. My half gone COPD lungs were screaming....loved it!!

This morning will be a day off. Traps/neck are 50% better today.

Been watching backyard/outdoor fireplace, drip irrigation, and granite topping go in. Lawns are an eco no no in Arizona. Old homes, a few parks and golf courses have grass. I read where if So Cal home owners got rid of lawns and put in drip systems (they are desert also) that both Lake Powell and Lake Mead woud be overflowing instead of half empty.

Baldie

love them front squats!

masterschamp
10-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Sounds like the trap issue is resolving...good news!

Baldiewonkanobi
10-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Yes a steady 50% better. When it hits its weird. Like having the flu in shoulders, traps and neck. Still gonna see whats up with sports med MD on Monday.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
10-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Man what 2 days off will do. Had a fantastic back day. Weighted chins, V bar pulls, rack pulls. and pull overs. 5 sets each with last set to failure.

Got home and found in the mail that my insurance company ponied up and settled with me in full plus some for our flood loss. WHAT A DAY. That little cc at the bottom of my letter to sue their ass if they did not settle worked. BTW it was to a fictitious attorney.

Baldie

Mac
10-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Man what 2 days off will do. Had a fantastic back day. Weighted chins, V bar pulls, rack pulls. and pull overs. 5 sets each with last set to failure.

Got home and found in the mail that my insurance company ponied up and settled with me in full plus some for our flood loss. WHAT A DAY. That little cc at the bottom of my letter to sue their ass if they did not settle worked. BTW it was to a fictitious attorney.

Baldie

A sign that you're on the right path.

New wife. More money. Great day in the gym, what the fuck more can you ask for, eh?

HeavyDutyGuy
10-18-2012, 02:33 PM

Baldie
Awesome. Congrats on everything!

Baldiewonkanobi
10-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Took a 3 day hiiatis. Combo of things. Jennifer took a bad fall badly spraining an ankle while we were looking for our new pup who panicked slipping his leash and hi tailed it into the dark desert. He was not eaten by coyotes or bit by a rattle snake and was at our doorstep in the morning. A miracle. My arthritis went nutz....flu like. Shoulders and hips. Well Jennifer can now hobble, dog has settled with better choke chain, and I will hit the weights later.

Lordie.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
11-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Yipes......2 weeks since my last post. Lets see. Got flu shot. 2 days later BP went off the wall. ER room. Flu like symptoms. Finaly BP settled down. Skin started to itch. Saturday full blown shingles. Sunday was well......you can guess. Called Doc 1st thing Monday and got meds. 2 horse pills. Took one at noon....second at bed time. Already 50% better. Also taking L-Lysine.

I can tell my RBC is high....red skin. Will donate Red Cross this Sun. I got a nice call from them thanking me for the one gallon of blood donated since I moved to Az 27 months ago.

Please donate if you can.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
11-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Jeeez. RX should have a special sponsorship for most medical issues overcome! And we should all donate. I gotta get a new ID - doggie teeth mark in the "t" in my name- wouldn't accept.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-14-2012, 04:35 PM
SHINGLES back round 2. I need a freeking time out already.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
11-16-2012, 05:00 PM
DAY 3 on Valcyclovere. 50% of my body is rash and welts. They STING and ITCH. No BB for a while....maybe Monday.

Baldie

Mac
11-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Add that on top of itching to get back in the gym. Dang Bill.

Hope you shed those things quickly.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Still laid out....I have not weighed but guess I have lost 10 pounds in last 2 weeks. I have no idea when I can return to gym. My skin looks like SHIT. Have a slight flu like feeling now for weeks. Geezer turkey skin. At 72 the slightest weight loss leaves behind ugga bugga tissue thin droopy skin. Depressing. I will try to donate at Red Cross tomorrow. I do that every 6 weeks. That checks my natural HRBC count. Test also pushes it higher. Should also lower my histamines which may solve my Shingles dilema. I have cut HRT back to bare ass minimal....just enough along with half dose Cialis to keep little Baldie in the game. I have kept myself new born baby shaved for some 30 years. I am now fuzzy but 18 years younger wife digs it.

Could this be the big swing Harry Pearl (Bill's bigger brother) told me about? "You never ever see big old coggers....only thin fit ones. One day Bill you will need to trim down to about 185 and do cardio and light lifting". I last saw Harry at age 76. Weighed 170 (250+ when he trained with brother Bill). He had just returned from a round trip cycle to Santa Barbara (200 miles).

I have been blessed with 60 years of Bodybuilding. Competed in 30+ contests. Judged another 3 dozen. National Chairman AAU Physique. Won a few nice titles, took 2nd in Mr. L.A., Mr. Calif, Mr. America and NPC Nationals. Never won the BIG one but what the fuck....did OK. I have published BB and nutritional articles in 5 languages. Picked up MS in Nutrition along the way. I have met many great men in our BB world.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
11-20-2012, 10:54 AM
5 languages? I'd be thrilled to publish in one!

Hammerfit
11-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Still laid out....I have not weighed but guess I have lost 10 pounds in last 2 weeks. I have no idea when I can return to gym. My skin looks like SHIT. Have a slight flu like feeling now for weeks. Geezer turkey skin. At 72 the slightest weight loss leaves behind ugga bugga tissue thin droopy skin. Depressing. I will try to donate at Red Cross tomorrow. I do that every 6 weeks. That checks my natural HRBC count. Test also pushes it higher. Should also lower my histamines which may solve my Shingles dilema. I have cut HRT back to bare ass minimal....just enough along with half dose Cialis to keep little Baldie in the game. I have kept myself new born baby shaved for some 30 years. I am now fuzzy but 18 years younger wife digs it.

Could this be the big swing Harry Pearl (Bill's bigger brother) told me about? "You never ever see big old coggers....only thin fit ones. One day Bill you will need to trim down to about 185 and do cardio and light lifting". I last saw Harry at age 76. Weighed 170 (250+ when he trained with brother Bill). He had just returned from a round trip cycle to Santa Barbara (200 miles).

I have been blessed with 60 years of Bodybuilding. Competed in 30+ contests. Judged another 3 dozen. National Chairman AAU Physique. Won a few nice titles, took 2nd in Mr. L.A., Mr. Calif, Mr. America and NPC Nationals. Never won the BIG one but what the fuck....did OK. I have published BB and nutritional articles in 5 languages. Picked up MS in Nutrition along the way. I have met many great men in our BB world.

Baldie

Get well my friend

Baldiewonkanobi
11-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Now 48 hours on the dreaded nasty Prednisone. Welts and pain 90% gone. Still some red rash. Looking to train tomorrow very light. A friend dropped by last night and was agast what 11 days of being sick did to my physique. Slight ponch belly and drooping skin on now deflated arms. Ugga Bugga.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
11-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Chit. Well don't give up yet. Retool. You're expert at that!

Mac
11-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Damn, Bill. I really don't want to get any older. fffffffukkkkk

mrky03
11-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Hang in there Baldie, you always do. You inspire all of us here!

Baldiewonkanobi
11-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Woke today and was head to toe inflamed. Eyes looked like pee holes in the snow. Arthritis and red skin were outta control. No shingles. Took my Prednisone, Tylenol 650, and all of my suppliments with 2 cups coffee and a protein bar. After a looooong hot shower feel 99%. Alas. We do live better with chemicles. Just finished a turkey/avacado sand on oatmeal bread....mmmmmm.

Tomorrow I give blood which will cool off my RRBCs and lower my red itchy skin causing histamines. I will feel GREAT I know it. Gym will now not resume until Monday. That's 2 weeks. Good grief.

Baldie

masterschamp
11-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Always something, Bill....that's the biggest lesson in life that I have learned.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Timidly did a complete circuit training today. Mainly 2 sets ea body part on the Hammer equipment. Felt GREAT to be back in 'church' after some 2 weeks itching scratching and flu like.

Will do a circuit for about six days, rest one then do a few weeks of push/pull. Next year will start over with one body part per day...God willing.

Baldie

Hammerfit
11-27-2012, 09:07 AM
Timidly did a complete circuit training today. Mainly 2 sets ea body part on the Hammer equipment. Felt GREAT to be back in 'church' after some 2 weeks itching scratching and flu like.

Will do a circuit for about six days, rest one then do a few weeks of push/pull. Next year will start over with one body part per day...God willing.

Baldie

Glad to c ya back at it.....getting blood flowing again is the ticket

HeavyDutyGuy
11-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Glad to c ya back at it.....getting blood flowing again is the ticketYOU guys are obsessed with blood. It's like Twilight. Hope they don't make you get that shingles vaccine.

mrky03
11-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Way to go Baldie! I love your attitude! You never give up!

koruverde
11-27-2012, 09:12 PM

Baldie

Def getting the shingles vaccine after reading about that seige!!! Gawd amighty Baldie...enuf already!!! Take care!

Baldiewonkanobi
11-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Thanx friends. And Peter you ARE the man for the next Over 70 Pro Card. I am officially RETIRED from competition. I will be at best happily a gentleman Bodybuilder.

I have been posting in the Central section and John Hansen repeated 20 years later his Natural Mr. Universe win. Amazing feat. In the thread he showed the Ironman Mag results from 20 years ago. And there I was 2nd in the Over 50 Natural Universe. I forgot. I had taken no AAS for about 3 years and continued to age 55 when I crashed and diagnosed with Andropause resulting in HRT which I continue to this day.

So lets add ANOTHER freakin 2nd place to my competition history.

2nd place Mr. L.A. Masters, Mr. So Cal Masters, Mr. Cal Masters, Mr. America Over 40, Mr. Natural Universe Over 50, Mr. Muscle Beach Open, and NPC Masters National Over 70.

ENOUGH.

Baldie

DUKE56
11-29-2012, 12:53 PM
No offense, but that's a pretty darn good record IMHO.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks. My firsts are few and far between. Mr. San Francisco Over 50, Mr. Muscle Beach Masters, Mr. Muscle Beach Over 50.

I rest my case.

Baldie

DUKE56
11-30-2012, 10:10 AM
Sir, that is a record that anyone would be proud of. The only time I have won a first place there were just two of us competiting. It was in in powerlifting, the other was a 5th place and there were 5 of us competiting. I don't really like winning that way but when they hand you the trophy, what do ya do?
Just reading some of the things you have been able to do and people you have gotten to meet, is incredible. Your a very fortunate man.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Got in circuit #3. Everything 2 sets 15 reps.

Lying ham string curls.
Leg extensions.
Calf raises.
Upright rows on Smith.
Hammer bench press.
Hammer narrow pull downs.
Seated side delt flies.
Smith curl machine.
Seated over head tri machine.
30 jacknife crunches.
15 side crunches ea side.

This morning I go to Allergist. After Shingles my Histamines are rampid. My clothes leave welts where they rub. I carry in a cardboard box and my arms are inflamed where box touches skin.
I carried some yard clippings to trash and same thing on arms. Going on a month of skin misery.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
12-01-2012, 10:38 AM
On the TV show Dexter, the main character has a sister Deborah. My favprite Deborah line is:

"FUCKITY FUCK FUCK"

Went to the allergist yesterday. My skin was on fire with welts everywhere. My eyes were burning, skin was vivid red head to toe. She says I do NOT have Shingles. I have a run away allergy/histamine responce to an allergic reaction to this years Flu Shot. I can never again have a flu shot. She triple dosed my Prednisone. (95% cleared already this morning). She instructed me NO TRAINING AT ALL FOR TWO MORE WEEKS. I can take my 2 mile walks and thats it until I get my health back. My BP was 140/82 which for me is OK. (Had a BP pill in me at the time). No half dose Cialis for a while. I take it mainly for shrinking prostate anyway. We shall test little Baldie later.

Good/bad? news. She tested my COPD. Of the 4 markers I improved in 2 and slightly dimished in 2. A visit with pulmanologist and change in meds like taking Spiriva could fix the latter 2.

Baldie, your resident sidelines cheerleader

Hammerfit
12-01-2012, 02:50 PM
On the TV show Dexter, the main character has a sister Deborah. My favprite Deborah line is:

"FUCKITY FUCK FUCK"

Went to the allergist yesterday. My skin was on fire with welts everywhere. My eyes were burning, skin was vivid red head to toe. She says I do NOT have Shingles. I have a run away allergy/histamine responce to an allergic reaction to this years Flu Shot. I can never again have a flu shot. She triple dosed my Prednisone. (95% cleared already this morning). She instructed me NO TRAINING AT ALL FOR TWO MORE WEEKS. I can take my 2 mile walks and thats it until I get my health back. My BP was 140/82 which for me is OK. (Had a BP pill in me at the time). No half dose Cialis for a while. I take it mainly for shrinking prostate anyway. We shall test little Baldie later.

Good/bad? news. She tested my COPD. Of the 4 markers I improved in 2 and slightly dimished in 2. A visit with pulmanologist and change in meds like taking Spiriva could fix the latter 2.

Baldie, your resident sidelines cheerleader

I love Dexter! Sounds like you are making improvements in health...good news the glass is always half full

swingslammer
12-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Hey Baldie, I am ONLY 47 but have been lifting 33 years straight. I was squatting the other day and my knees were hurting pretty bad and as this song came on I just repeated names in my head as I did my sets......Baldie....Hammerfit.....MrKY03.....Kevin Couch....Heavyduty.....mactech....Baldie...Hammerf it....ect, got me through the pain and my sets, Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgYczUH-QWQ

Mac
12-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Hey Baldie, I am ONLY 47 but have been lifting 33 years straight. I was squatting the other day and my knees were hurting pretty bad and as this song came on I just repeated names in my head as I did my sets......Baldie....Hammerfit.....MrKY03.....Kevin Couch....Heavyduty.....mactech....Baldie...Hammerf it....ect, got me through the pain and my sets, Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgYczUH-QWQ

LOL - you sure you're avatar title is still correct?

swingslammer
12-01-2012, 03:46 PM
It is from an old board, I just decided to resurrect it. It did say " Used to be an asshole, now just annoying" that was too long to fit on here.

Curt messaged me trying to figure out if I did it or someone else stuck me with it.....it was me.

HeavyDutyGuy
12-01-2012, 11:09 PM
How the hell did they misdiagnose that?? Az doctors! Glad you got it straightened out now.

mrky03
12-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Baldie, at the very least hopefully this resolves your condition. Dam,I hope things straighten themselves out after all this!

rcp1936
12-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Be DAMN glad it wasn't the shingles
You would have been on heavy duty pain medication if it was the shingles and the Valtrex didn't catch it in time

In addition the pain can be cronic for senior citizens

By sister in law died from the effects of constant pain because she couldn't take pain medication and not realizing she had shingles never went on Valtrex until it was too late
The real pain sets in after they scab up in about 2 weeks
She suffered for over 2 years before she finally wore out

I am also allergic to the FLU shots and when I had one way back in 58 I ended up in the ER

I also had shingles in 2001 when I was 65 --Wasn't on Valtrex but some other med that didn't do diddly and ended up having to go on Percocet for the pain
Luckily it finally left
Had the start of them again 5 years later but got on Valtrex right from day one and it knocked them right out
I keep Valtrex on hand in case the symptoms again show up

They make jokes about them but those that have had them don't laugh

Baldiewonkanobi
12-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Had great visit with my Internist today. Went over my COPD, BP and freaking allegies. He doubled my BP/diuretic meds. No training still for another week. My weight is 201. And dropping. Atrofied....yipes. I walk 3-5 miles a day with Jennifer. Doc said..."Bill...you are 72, have high PB, COPD, kidneys maginaly OK for now. Work on life extension, NOT Bodybuilding. Do cadio and circuit training".

Today we went into the Arizona mountains for the second time this week with Aidan our 5 month old Labradoodle for an hour. Great hike.

Baldie

TonyElTigre
12-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Wow man your doing great. I really like your progress so far I really think
you can do it. Keep your goals in front of you and keep lifting often and
heavy. What's your next big goal? What's your diet like so far?

Baldiewonkanobi
12-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Now that I am no longer a competitor I can say what I will about the sucky regional and sponsor based biased judging. Its worse in most cases than ice skating was 15 years ago. Half of the judges are metrosexual geek wannabees. The other half seem to know their chit. When lucky we get a balance to the latter. Can't always count on that. I have so many antecdotal stories about unfair judging. Once I did the Mr. America Masters at the Ft. Lee Army base in Va. I took my usual 'from California' 2-5th. Can't remember. But what I do remember that the inlisted men were allowed in for free. After the show I had 95% of that crowd surrounding me. "You were fucked man" was the montra. Yes, I was yet again. Looking back I must have blown $25K on competing out of state.

Watching Troy Alves prep himself thru utter pain and agony to once again get fucked by the judges at the Masters Olympia and place behind several Mountain Gorilla bellied Neanderthals just kills me. He was clearly 3-4th, not out of the running.

Don't you just love competition. I use to.

Baldie

masterschamp
12-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Makes you wonder why we keep getting back on that stage, Bill!

Keith

Hammerfit
12-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Now that I am no longer a competitor I can say what I will about the sucky regional and sponsor based biased judging. Its worse in most cases than ice skating was 15 years ago. Half of the judges are metrosexual geek wannabees. The other half seem to know their chit. When lucky we get a balance to the latter. Can't always count on that. I have so many antecdotal stories about unfair judging. Once I did the Mr. America Masters at the Ft. Lee Army base in Va. I took my usual 'from California' 2-5th. Can't remember. But what I do remember that the inlisted men were allowed in for free. After the show I had 95% of that crowd surrounding me. "You were fucked man" was the montra. Yes, I was yet again. Looking back I must have blown $25K on competing out of state.

Watching Troy Alves prep himself thru utter pain and agony to once again get fucked by the judges at the Masters Olympia and place behind several Mountain Gorilla bellied Neanderthals just kills me. He was clearly 3-4th, not out of the running.

Don't you just love competition. I use to.

Baldie

i think everyone is wondering why troy keeps getting screwed wtf?

Baldiewonkanobi
12-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Yesterday I started back to the gym after a not so good Doc's visit. For one healthy looking cogger I have a lot of functions nailed by age and abuse. I did a sissy circuit. I have laid out a 4 day per week regimine. A day 1/3 and day 2/4 total body circuit. Two sets each with high reps each body part. Bim bam and outta the gym. I will walk 2-5 miles a day and hike in the hills when I can. Both protein and HRT cut in half. Body weigh now under 200.

Baldie

mrky03
12-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Hang in there Baldie! You're doing the most you can to help yourself!

Baldiewonkanobi
12-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Yesterday got in a 5 mi walk and another quick circuit at the gym. Felt great until I got stomach flu last night. Possible bad roast chicken at COSTCO. Our dog also barfed. Dog and I did the Pepto thing. Woke this am chitty. Sloooooowly recouped and we walked mountain trails today for 75 min. Tomorrow another candy ass
circuit. My protein is about 100 these days. Use to be 300. HRT 100, about same as the rub on gel.

I want to rage against NPC/IFBB judges (a few notable exceptions) but can't settle on the Forum.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
12-17-2012, 12:03 AM
Damn, you just dont get much of break with all the health issues! Have you tried the Juice plus that Dave used to recommend? Laura Binetti also pushes it and dhe says she never gets sick anymore. As for the judges, why not here?

Hammerfit
12-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Yesterday got in a 5 mi walk and another quick circuit at the gym. Felt great until I got stomach flu last night. Possible bad roast chicken at COSTCO. Our dog also barfed. Dog and I did the Pepto thing. Woke this am chitty. Sloooooowly recouped and we walked mountain trails today for 75 min. Tomorrow another candy ass
circuit. My protein is about 100 these days. Use to be 300. HRT 100, about same as the rub on gel.

I want to rage against NPC/IFBB judges (a few notable exceptions) but can't settle on the Forum.

Baldie

I would like to hear your thoughts on judging. I think if we voice our opinions in a well thought out format someone will listen. Sometimes (and I'm guilty of this) we want to voice our concerns over a less than expected placing in a contest right after the event has concluded. The result is that is mostly emotion driven and lacks facts, causes and effects.

I'm not defending or supporting the process of the way our sport is currently judged. I just will say it must be difficult to get a panel of individuals to agree on something so subjective as bodybuilding.

I follow Troy on FB and his comments after the Masters was professional and positive. I would love to know how he really feels and see how it relates to his public comments.

In any event, we can not be silent publically about this and just complain about it among ourselves if we expect to see change.

As members of the NPC our voices need to be heard to effect change. We just need to step back from the heat of the moment, reflect and give an honest, unbiased opinion.

Mac
12-17-2012, 09:56 PM

In any event, we can not be silent publically about this and just complain about it among ourselves if we expect to see change.

As members of the NPC our voices need to be heard to effect change. We just need to step back from the heat of the moment, reflect and give an honest, unbiased opinion.

You'll be heard, when the money coming from your pockets is greater than amount of the ones whose pockets it is coming out of now.

Baldiewonkanobi
12-20-2012, 10:03 AM
$$ Yes Mac its about the money. No longer do promoters tollereate just breaking even for the love of the sport. Jon Lindsay's Excalibur show in Culver Vity, Ca. must net him $250K with all hundreds of Bikini and Fitness girls. I sat with Jon years ago and he was praying to break even with a mens only format.

Yesterday was a "fit" day. 6 mile hike in the beautiful Sonoran Mountains after a hard rain the night before. Circuit trained at a fast pace at Golds....then a 2 mile walk last night. No COPD issues.....amazing.

Quite different than my old ball busting 6 reps at max days. Weight 198 and holding due to high carb intake.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
12-23-2012, 06:25 PM
2 days off. Last night ate 2 oz. Filet-on-the -Bone, sweet potato casserole (brown sugar and butter), a near beer and choc moose desert. Weight today at gym down another 3 pounds. 195. I smell the 180s in about a month. My tired body and dimished lung capacity will love the less work.

6', 180 and super fit with 6 pack at age 72 should be enough.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
12-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Oh well.....found a pre pec tear pic taken about 30 days prior to tear. Oct 2010. I'm a good 20 pounds lighter today and pec to say the least is fugly.

Merry Christmas all.......

Baldie

Rick Prince
12-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Oh well.....found a pre pec tear pic taken about 30 days prior to tear. Oct 2010. I'm a good 20 pounds lighter today and pec to say the least is fugly.

Merry Christmas all.......

Baldie
Outstanding physique, Bill.
Merry Christmas!

swingslammer
12-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Baddies thread is the best place to say MERRY CHRISTMAS to all the old guys.........because they all make it through here eventually! Merry Christmas Baldie.......thanks for having this spot on the web.

swingslammer
12-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Damn auto correct......I typed "Baldie" above........not baddie!

Baldiewonkanobi
12-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Baddie is good. Hope you all had a great holiday filled with family and future.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
12-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Outstanding physique, Bill.
Merry Christmas!

You too Rick. Thanx....that was at age 71 at 215. Thats the size I wanted to take to the Nationals in 2013.....alas, not to be. My friend Peter would have been surprised. My guess is that I will indeed be in the 180s by Feb. Healthier for my COPD thats for sure.

Missed my silly circuit for 2 days straight. Back at it today.

Baldie

mrky03
12-26-2012, 03:24 PM
You look fantastic in the pic Baldie. You are doing the smart thing taking care of yourself right now. Merry Christmas!

koruverde
12-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Hey Baldie...Merry Christmas a little late...sorry to c u go from comp as I'll miss ur always positive support.
Still at it with a vengence...still want to be "THE LEDGEND"...trying to get some sponsorship interest and publicity. I'm the artist however, NOT the business end of it guy. Throwing some feelers out tho..any suggestions?? All welcome!
All the best to all our guys in 2013...perseverance and will are what make it at this age..hard work...very hard to keep up with the youngsters...but I'm not relenting! Not totally sure Pitts in July..is it worth it???
Our paths will cross again Baldie...be well my friend!

You too Rick. Thanx....that was at age 71 at 215. Thats the size I wanted to take to the Nationals in 2013.....alas, not to be. My friend Peter would have been surprised. My guess is that I will indeed be in the 180s by Feb. Healthier for my COPD thats for sure.

Missed my silly circuit for 2 days straight. Back at it today.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
12-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Humbled.

Did our second big hike at Thunderbird Reserve. A huge park here in Peoria, Az. Trails everywhere thru 3 low lying volcanic mountains covered with giant Saguarao cactus and a dozen other varieties. Also Scrub desert oak and Palo Vede trees. BEAUTIFUL. The trail we choose is 4 1/2 miles around with a 1250' climb in the middle. A great test for my COPD. I do fine??? Here is what gets me. We keep a good pace. OK? We are passed by fat men with man boobs, sweaty heavy women...some running? Every day house wives, office type men, high school cross country runners, a shaved down shorts and shoes only bodybuilder prepping for a show he said, (it was 47degrees), people with tiny dogs moving like fast rats, mountain bikers (death defiers in this terrain) and horse back riders. WHATS UP WITH THIS?

Happy New Year

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
12-31-2012, 12:10 PM
You get what you train for. Doubtful any of them (except the bodybuilder) could bench 250 or squat 225 for 20 reps.

mrky03
12-31-2012, 01:01 PM
You're doing fine Baldie. Hard to stop being competitive isn't it!

swingslammer
12-31-2012, 01:48 PM
I lived in Sierra Vista for awhile......I love hking in the desert for some reason? I live in Hawaii now and we hike alot but I still liked the desert better as far as the hiking goes.....no beach though?

Love Bizbee and Tombstone, great place to just walk and walk and take stuff in. Happy New Year.

masterschamp
01-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Bill......was out in Arizona in 77-78??? Remember riding my motorcycle between two hills just outside of phoenix that they used to call "Molly's tits"!!

Keith

Baldiewonkanobi
01-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Arizona has been both good to me and good for me.

Jennifer, Aidan the Labradoodle,and I did the 4 1/2 miles around (and up 1250' rise in the middle) Thunderbird park this afternoon. We could see all the way south to Tucson and north to snow capped Flagstaff. Its a great hike. Glorious. We will do it again on Wed and Fri. Together with our flatland walking we cover 20-25 miles a week. Great for my COPD.

Still not back at the gym.....longest layoff in 32 years.

Baldie

Hammerfit
01-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Arizona has been both good to me and good for me.

Jennifer, Aidan the Labradoodle,and I did the 4 1/2 miles around (and up 1250' rise in the middle) Thunderbird park this afternoon. We could see all the way south to Tucson and north to snow capped Flagstaff. Its a great hike. Glorious. We will do it again on Wed and Fri. Together with our flatland walking we cover 20-25 miles a week. Great for my COPD.

Still not back at the gym.....longest layoff in 32 years.

Baldie

Break from gym may do you some good. Sounds like those hikes are awesome. Throw up some pics sometimes.

ToddinWC
01-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Baldie,

Holy fuck how did I just stumble across this tread!!?? Incredible inspiration throughout it's entirety...

A few questions if you don't mind elaborating on...

What injuries have you experienced during your career, and how did you deal with time off? How did you retain mass whilst taking periods off of weights?

What type of AAS compounds did you take and which were your favorite?

Baldiewonkanobi
01-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Pic for Mike et al. Wife Jennifer and 6 mo. Labradoodle Aidan atop the 1250' vertcal rise at Thunderbird Park. 4 1/2 mi. all together. We do it 3 x week. Mountains in farthest distance are Flagstaff area. Our home is in the top LH corner of pic.

My injuries include torn RC. Swam for 90 days at the Y. Returned to gym healed. Broke tibia/fibia/talus. Took off a week then did upper body only 6 days a week. At age 65. Cast came off in record time and squatting within 90 days. 3 meniscus surgeries. Did upper body while healing. Aneurism in colon Dec. 2010 really set me back. Crashed 3 times in the ER. Back training 3 weeks. If a lower body part was hurt worked upper and visa versi.

From 1983-90 did Test Cyp, Eq, Deca, Var just about non stop. Cold turkey. 93 to 2010 HRT level Test plus a little Eq 30 days out from a show. Since on half dose HRT. Thats it. Fav was Eq. Problem is the very high RBC.

Baldie

Click on pic doubles size......

Hammerfit
01-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Pic for Mike et al. Wife Jennifer and 6 mo. Labradoodle Aidan atop the 1250' vertcal rise at Thunderbird Park. 4 1/2 mi. all together. We do it 3 x week. Mountains in farthest distance are Flagstaff area. Our home is in the top LH corner of pic.

My injuries include torn RC. Swam for 90 days at the Y. Returned to gym healed. Broke tibia/fibia/talus. Took off a week then did upper body only 6 days a week. At age 65. Cast came off in record time and squatting within 90 days. 3 meniscus surgeries. Did upper body while healing. Aneurism in colon Dec. 2010 really set me back. Crashed 3 times in the ER. Back training 3 weeks. If a lower body part was hurt worked upper and visa versi.

From 1983-90 did Test Cyp, Eq, Deca, Var just about non stop. Cold turkey. 93 to 2010 HRT level Test plus a little Eq 30 days out from a show. Since on half dose HRT. Thats it. Fav was Eq. Problem is the very high RBC.

Baldie

Click on pic doubles size......

Beautiful country....thanx

masterschamp
01-14-2013, 09:28 AM
That pic is awesome, Bill!

Keith

Baldiewonkanobi
01-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Looks like home training plus long hikes for a while. No more Bodybuilding. Got my medicine ball and a perfect spot in yard for step ups.

I will always be a Bodybuilder at heart. 60 plus years of weight lifting, great memories and 3 dozen trophies. Can't beat that!!!

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
01-16-2013, 09:40 PM
This feels like someone put my dog down. But you've done it all, so might as well enjoy retirement.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-25-2013, 03:52 PM
GREAT NEWS

I have been tested every way to Sunday over my "COPD". Asthma, Emphasema, lung cancer...? CT scan showed "broken glass appearance". Not good in most cases. As I mentioned I have dropped a load of size, stopped bodybuilding, cut HRT in half, started medicine ball home training and hike our mountains.

Pulmonary Doc walked into the exam room at noon today and said..."good, good, good". Nothing life threatening. Severe asthma controllable with puffers and meds. I am not a candidate for dragging a bottle behind me.

Now to get Jennifer thru her big time back surgery on the 6th and the Mortimers are home free. Yeah, fucking yeah.

BTW join me on the Central Forum, Trivia. We have some bright bulbs on this site.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
01-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Good news overall I guess. Back surgery? Yikes! Best wishes!

Baldiewonkanobi
02-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Wife under the knife as I type. Big Fen surgery. 2 Surgeons and a Neurologist. Reconstructing her back from front and rear. YIPES!!

My candy ass home WOs going OK. Needless to say our big mountain hikes are on hold for a while. My body is changing rapidly. Fit geezer is the new look.

Looks like we might have hit a home run and picked up a Fannie Mae forclosure in the mountains. 7,000' elevation in the big pines. Cool summers ahead.

Baldie

Hammerfit
02-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Wife under the knife as I type. Big Fen surgery. 2 Surgeons and a Neurologist. Reconstructing her back from front and rear. YIPES!!

My candy ass home WOs going OK. Needless to say our big mountain hikes are on hold for a while. My body is changing rapidly. Fit geezer is the new look.

Looks like we might have hit a home run and picked up a Fannie Mae forclosure in the mountains. 7,000' elevation in the big pines. Cool summers ahead.

Baldie

Good Luck on the surgery!

Baldiewonkanobi
02-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Thanx.

Surgery went well. Bigger deal that Jennifer thought. 3 4" incisions. One under navel and two along Lumbar area. 'Worst discs I have seen in over 1,000 surgeries." Never the less repairs were completed.

Our offer on the summer home was accepted. Looking forward to some long high elevation hikes in the forest. Folks don't realize that 30% of Arizona is forested like Colorado. We have dozens of mountains over 10,000' elevation. Arizona Snow Bowl has 60" snow with more expected this weekend. This will mean our winters in the desert will average 65-80 degrees and summers in the mountains the same.

How "cool" is that? And for so little money its shameful. Both homes were forclosures.

Baldie

Mac
02-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Awesome stuff Bill. Can I rent your home in winter?

HeavyDutyGuy
02-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Good deal! So shrewd to do that.

Hammerfit
02-24-2013, 07:26 PM
please contribute to intro thread

Baldiewonkanobi
03-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Jennifer recovering great. I havn't done a single push up or sit up in weeks. Never the less life is great. Mountain home was cancelled. Our inspector found ​MOLD. Having fun in the RX cenral section these days and playing Mr. Trivia.

Baldie

Mac
03-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Jennifer recovering great. I havn't done a single push up or sit up in weeks. Never the less life is great. Mountain home was cancelled. Our inspector found ​MOLD. Having fun in the RX cenral section these days and playing Mr. Trivia.

Baldie

You stumped me on several of those trivia questions!

Baldiewonkanobi
03-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Looking at another mountain get away. This time in the White Mountains overnear the New Mexico border. Even better deals. Small town of 4100 at 7,000' elevation. Lots of creeks, ponds and little lakes. Great hiking trails. My only form of exercise these days. If we get the place we want its only a block from a trailhead to this nearby lake...

Baldie

mrky03
03-25-2013, 10:16 AM
That is beautiful Baldie! Hope you get it.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-25-2013, 12:46 PM
People have no idea how beautiful Arizona is. We drove thru 2 hours of this before we hit the Ponerosa pine forest.

Baldie