PDA

View Full Version : Training over 40

Sherm332
02-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Hi all, new here and new to bodybuilding(sort of) I was always into powerlifting, but as I got older my joints just arent holding up. any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated.

little info on me. I will be 43 in August

I am 248 lbs. been doing a cyclic ketogenic diet for a month now lost about 15 lbs.

was thinking about using D-Asparic acid to help increase test levels, my docotor says my levels are not low enough to warrant HRT and I dont really want to go that route anyway.

EggSuckingLeech
03-02-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm 43.

Since you were into powerlifting, I would suggest you looking into the DC Training style of lifting. Initially I feared this would not help my joints (also a problem) but I found that if you follow it correctly, the lower volume of DC training actually helps even tho you always lift as heavy as you can. I did have problems with the extreme stretching part of the protocol hurting certain joints so I had to back off that portion. But I suggest you give that a shot.

I also value cardio work and what it does for my health. It also keeps my BF in check since I have a tendency to fatten up rather easily. In short, I lift MWF and I do cardio Tues/Thurs/Sat.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you want more specific details on what works for me.