PDA

View Full Version : Contest diet support thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

tammyp
04-10-2009, 07:42 AM
having a hard time focusing? need a kick in the ass? misery loves company here!

GirlyMuscle
04-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Cool idea, Tammy. I'm sure I'll pop in to say hi once my diet starts. Maybe I'll camp here all summer!

Wendy
04-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Thank you so much for this thread Tammy! I am going to live in here for the next 13 weeks!

Skeptic
04-10-2009, 04:21 PM
This thread needs to be man-friendly. We ache too!

LANCE SPENCER
04-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Thank you so much for this thread Tammy! I am going to live in here for the next 13 weeks!
me too...

ripcurlgirl
04-10-2009, 09:34 PM
I'll tell you, the last 2 are getting hard! I forgot what else I was gonna say... :)

Blondell
04-10-2009, 09:39 PM
I'll tell you, the last 2 are getting hard! I forgot what else I was gonna say... :)
Last 2 weeks?? Hang in there. Not much longer and you'll have your goal accomplished. ;)

cheddar cheese
04-10-2009, 09:40 PM
15 weeks to go for me, and I'm surrounded by chocolate Easter treats :ban:

Blondell
04-10-2009, 09:41 PM
15 weeks will be over b/f you know it! Once you get in a good groove, the weeks seem to disappear somewhere! LOL

GirlyMuscle
04-11-2009, 01:36 AM
This thread needs to be man-friendly. We ache too!You're always welcome to post within a girlie thread. We like boys.

tammyp
04-11-2009, 05:42 AM
my hardest time is the last 2. i am usually ready early, so im ansy, hungry and sick of all of it. being cold and sore tail bone from hard chairs. i also get tired of looking at myself. that is why another set of eyes is so important.

if anyone reads my posts at this point in prep, you would say WHAT A BEOTCH! i try to treat myself to little things at this point ...like a new mag, bubble bath etc...

Wendy
04-11-2009, 06:06 AM
I am usually ok with diet and prepping but have struggled the last two times. Last fall I ran into family health issues and then a fractured hand and withdrew but this spring I couldn't stick with the diet....mind games, lack of focus, not to mention missing my trainer ( he moved to another country)

I am currently 13 weeks out and pulling it together.....again:o

chicken breast
04-11-2009, 02:47 PM
having a hard time focusing? need a kick in the ass? misery loves company here!

I don't have a hard time focusing. I may be too over-focused! And I don't need a kick in the ass. It's more like I feel like kicking someone's ass. I'm 14 weeks out and already getting bitchy! I do my cardio irritated. I get hyper-critical of everyone and everything. I don't want to talk to anyone. Does anyone else go thru this? Or am I just a horrible person?

Wendy
04-11-2009, 03:39 PM
I don't have a hard time focusing. I may be too over-focused! And I don't need a kick in the ass. It's more like I feel like kicking someone's ass. I'm 14 weeks out and already getting bitchy! I do my cardio irritated. I get hyper-critical of everyone and everything. I don't want to talk to anyone. Does anyone else go thru this? Or am I just a horrible person?

lol, I should be more like this!

Fit_5"3
04-11-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm 5 weeks out and am completely starting to go nuts!
Each week I've had visible progression. This past week, nada. I feel like I am just getting fat. My bf% is 12.5 and I have 5 weeks left so I don't know why I can't get myself under control.
I keep comparing myself to others and I get so flippin discouraged! I need to not do that, but how the hell do you stop yourself????

Suzanne
04-11-2009, 08:48 PM
I am 6 weeks in to a 16 week prep and this has been great so far :)

This is my 11th show and this by far is the most progress I have made in 6 week time period. It usually takes me twice as long to drop what i have. And my food/carbs are high :D

MashkaNY
04-12-2009, 01:08 PM
i'm 2 weeks out and im starting to finally admit im damn hungry!!!!

before i knew it was either anxiety or avoiding responsibility.. but now... damn! im seriously hungry!!!! lolll this is so weird

and cold all the time too :(

Blondell
04-13-2009, 10:55 AM
i'm 2 weeks out and im starting to finally admit im damn hungry!!!!

before i knew it was either anxiety or avoiding responsibility.. but now... damn! im seriously hungry!!!! lolll this is so weird

and cold all the time too :(
:grouphug:

SallyAnne
04-13-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm 5 weeks out and am completely starting to go nuts!
Each week I've had visible progression. This past week, nada. I feel like I am just getting fat. My bf% is 12.5 and I have 5 weeks left so I don't know why I can't get myself under control.
I keep comparing myself to others and I get so flippin discouraged! I need to not do that, but how the hell do you stop yourself????

STOP! lol Take a good look at all your progress pictures and see how far you've come. DON'T get discouraged. 5 weeks is enough time to get where you need to be. We're here to help you through it - that's why Tammy put this thread up. :love:

GirlyMuscle
04-13-2009, 11:12 AM
my hardest time is the last 2. i am usually ready early, so im ansy, hungry and sick of all of it. being cold and sore tail bone from hard chairs. i also get tired of looking at myself. that is why another set of eyes is so important.

if anyone reads my posts at this point in prep, you would say WHAT A BEOTCH! i try to treat myself to little things at this point ...like a new mag, bubble bath etc...I remember your past prep. :rolleyes: So now we know. Don't worry...we'll take good care of you.

LuckyDog
04-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks you guys for this thread. I lurk more then anything and really appreciate this board for its no B.S. attitude.

I'm 8 weeks out - deep into that nasty "grind" stage where you aren't loving what you see in the mirror yet, concerned with being ready on time, and due to a screwed up off season I have no room for error if I am going to be ready on time.

Today I had a nasty run in with a jar of nut butter and some other sundries in my pantry. I didn't do a lot of damage to my macros I just don't like this flakey behavior knowing if I don't get stable and back to the grind this could just be the begining.

Just venting - I know the answer - don't do it and make sure I'm managing my macros across my day to keep me as stable as possible - but UGH!!!

Wendy
04-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks you guys for this thread. I lurk more then anything and really appreciate this board for its no B.S. attitude.

I'm 8 weeks out - deep into that nasty "grind" stage where you aren't loving what you see in the mirror yet, concerned with being ready on time, and due to a screwed up off season I have no room for error if I am going to be ready on time.

Today I had a nasty run in with a jar of nut butter and some other sundries in my pantry. I didn't do a lot of damage to my macros I just don't like this flakey behavior knowing if I don't get stable and back to the grind this could just be the begining.

Just venting - I know the answer - don't do it and make sure I'm managing my macros across my day to keep me as stable as possible - but UGH!!!

I found myself in the jar several times so now they are at my next door neighbors house until after my next competition. He thought I was crazy bringing over 10 jars of various nut butters!:o

LuckyDog
04-13-2009, 09:15 PM
I found myself in the jar several times so now they are at my next door neighbors house until after my next competition. He thought I was crazy bringing over 10 jars of various nut butters!:o

Okay that is fantastic!!! Hubby got reamed for having bagels and pop tarts in the pantry (he is doing UD2.0 and had carb up foods left) - this could have been FAR uglier!!!

It is fascinating to me that we can have moments where we are tough in control and focused and in a split second be poised over a jar with a spoon.

aprilmichelle
04-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Tammy, thanks for starting this thread! I just started my contest prep with Dave. If anyone is currently doing his diet or has done it in the past, they know what I'm getting myself into! LOL This will be my second show under Dave's guidance...he's the BEST but I start getting bitchy early on...usually around 10 weeks out :p I have to stop putting on so much weight in the off season...damn pizza!

Bob Smith Jr.
04-13-2009, 09:33 PM
first go at with dave's diet also. The first 4-5 days were literally some of the hardest days ever to get through, but after that it gets easier. I still have hunger pains and cravings, but general energy and mood is good and workouts have not suffered at all, if anything they're better with keto than with carbs!

aprilmichelle
04-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Duncan,

My husband and I both did Dave's diet last show and we looked the best we ever had for a show. It was the most difficult prep I ever had though...

Good Luck!

Wendy
04-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Duncan,

My husband and I both did Dave's diet last show and we looked the best we ever had for a show. It was the most difficult prep I ever had though...

Good Luck!

I attempted it with my last prep and found myself binging on the nut butters, nuts etc so I had to take them out all together. I have always carb cycled in the past and never cheated or binged on my diet while prepping. I guess it's just not for everyone.....I did love the diet though and found it easy to prepare my food etc just couldn't stick with it. :mad:

Anyone else find this?

tammyp
04-14-2009, 08:29 AM
what is it with nut butter and binging? it is sooo common with us competitors!

i dont think i could do daves diet because it is a trigger food for me, as well as nuts in general.

GirlyMuscle
04-14-2009, 08:46 AM
I'll be doing Dave's diet starting May 30th. I've already planned to replace nut butters and nuts with other things...mac nut oil, guacamole.

Wendy
04-14-2009, 09:56 AM
I'll be doing Dave's diet starting May 30th. I've already planned to replace nut butters and nuts with other things...mac nut oil, guacamole.

That's what I ended up doing GM and I found myself actually drinking my mac nut oil:eek: Ya, I know, I have a bit of a problem:o.

I now know that fats (other then my capsules) are huge triggers when I am dieting. It's crazy that I don't crave it when I am doing a carb cycle.

Angela123
04-14-2009, 10:31 AM
i also had to replace nuts and pb with mac oil. but id get up in the middle of the night and drink the mac oil. pathetic. so i switched to olive oil. tasty still but not as tasty as mac oil. but i ended up hiding that in my sister's room at night time tho...just in case when i got up (i dont sleep st8t through, i get up at least 2times a night) i felt an urge to drink that too.

chicken breast
04-14-2009, 10:35 AM
This is my third year with Dave. But staying far away from peanuts and peanut butter. They have been my downfall. I replaced them last year mid way thru the prep with oils and walnuts. It made dieting so much easier. Doing the same this year.

Wendy
04-14-2009, 11:20 AM
i also had to replace nuts and pb with mac oil. but id get up in the middle of the night and drink the mac oil. pathetic. so i switched to olive oil. tasty still but not as tasty as mac oil. but i ended up hiding that in my sister's room at night time tho...just in case when i got up (i dont sleep st8t through, i get up at least 2times a night) i felt an urge to drink that too.

OMG! Are you my twin lol!

GirlyMuscle
04-14-2009, 11:29 AM
No worries with me drinking mac nut oil. I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one with the nuts and nut butters problem. I thought I was just being weak. There must be a physiological reason we all do this.

aprilmichelle
04-14-2009, 12:42 PM
GirlyMuscle, which show will you be prepping for??

GirlyMuscle
04-14-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm not sure. I wanted to do the NPC Mountain Valley Classic in my hometown of Reading PA. That way all of family and the friends I have here can be there. It's been held for four years I believe and it's a national qualifier, not that it matters. It's been held in the end of Oct or beginning of Nov. I called the promoter to find out the date since it hasn't been posted and told me he's not sure he's running it this year. He'll know after the Lehigh Classic which is held in May. If he does hold the Mountain Valley...that will be my first show.

If not, I need to find a November show. I would prefer it be in driving distance so my family can still attend. I'm looking at an NPC show held in Norfolk VA.....Virginia State and Washington DC Championships (something like that) held on November 7th. I think there was a NY show put on my Bev and Steve in November last year.

I'm open to suggestions.

Wendy
04-14-2009, 01:33 PM
No worries with me drinking mac nut oil. I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one with the nuts and nut butters problem. I thought I was just being weak. There must be a physiological reason we all do this.

I know, I couldn't believe how many girls I talked to that had the same problem during prep. I think it has something to do with our hormones ( I prefer to think that then think that I am just too weak:))

Stay strong GM and good luck with your prep!

Suzanne
04-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Some thoughts on my prep so far

I am so happy with the way this prep has been going. There have been no changes to the diet since i started 6.5 weeks ago and i have had two refeeds. I am progressing at a rate that has NEVER happened; I have lost more in the last 6.5 weeks then i have in all the other preps the entire 12 weeks! I feel great!!! Sure i have had some tired days and some days where i wasn't quite feeling it in the gym but hell i have those offseason. I am hungry but i welcome it that it means my metabolism is still burning through all the food!! (and I have lots of it and lots of carbs :) )

I can't thank Jeremy enough for having me take last year off. We got my metabolism working got my caloric intake way up and my cardio way down. And going through the hard time from jan-june last year when we were trying to find out why my body was not responding gave me time to really think about why I do this. I no longer WO and eat clean because i am afraid i will gain weight back. I do it because i am a bodybuilder. I am over the scale causing me stress. I can now not be bothered when the number goes up It is just a tool that helps determine how my body is responding. I look way better now at 136lbs then i did at 125 when i had less muscle. I LOVE what i do! I think going into prep with this outlook has made a world of difference. I don't dread the cardio. It is part of the tools that will get me freaky shredded. I have had zero issues with the diet (even though i was worried after 15 months of huge weekly cheats and much more fun food that it would be hard)

I am really enjoying and experiencing this prep. I know harder days are coming and i welcome the challenge.

I will bring the best me physically and mentally to stage this year!!!

stephaniewicked
04-14-2009, 03:00 PM
GM - you're near Lancaster? I used to go there all the time when I was younger! :) Almost moved there, in fact, but then the parents decided to make us go to the Poconos instead... Anyway, I digress... why don't you check out a Jersey show??

ripcurlgirl
04-14-2009, 10:37 PM

if anyone reads my posts at this point in prep, you would say WHAT A BEOTCH! i try to treat myself to little things at this point ...like a new mag, bubble bath etc...

I laughed at your comment about sore tail bone...I took my yoga mat to work and I lay down in my office at lunch time, but it hurts! I do the same thing with non-food treats, lipstick. I'm hanging in there. And when I want to dive into the pb, I think about my competators who are staying on track.

GirlyMuscle
04-14-2009, 10:47 PM
GM - you're near Lancaster? I used to go there all the time when I was younger! :) Almost moved there, in fact, but then the parents decided to make us go to the Poconos instead... Anyway, I digress... why don't you check out a Jersey show??I am 45 minutes from Lancaster. I would totally do a Jersey show. Where would I find info?

LuckyDog
04-15-2009, 11:00 AM
I am 45 minutes from Lancaster. I would totally do a Jersey show. Where would I find info?

http://www.npcnewjersey.com/

Here ya go.

stephaniewicked
04-15-2009, 11:07 AM
I am 45 minutes from Lancaster. I would totally do a Jersey show. Where would I find info?

Let me know if you do!! I haven't decided if I'm going to do any fall shows yet (I'll know more after this first one is out of the way), but my bf competes so I'll probably be at them anyhow! :)

chicken breast
04-15-2009, 02:27 PM

What a relief! I am not alone. I thought I was weak too, having lost it with pb so many times. The urge for oil and nuts gets overwhelming during my prep.

Sistersteel
04-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Just dropping by to show some love and support for you hard working ladies!

SS

HeavyDutyGuy
04-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Lol, all the nut butter bingers! I've done the same thing. I believe its due to being in ketosis, and craving the fats- nut butter is loaded with them and hence very satisfying. I'm 13+ weeks out, no binges as I am determined to be SHREDDED this time. I'm doing whatever it takes. Yesterday was soo depleted from brutal leg workout the night before and then morning cardio, that I was dragging all day. It sucked, but I want to make top 5 at the Masters this year.

Wendy
04-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Lol, all the nut butter bingers! I've done the same thing. I believe its due to being in ketosis, and craving the fats- nut butter is loaded with them and hence very satisfying. I'm 13+ weeks out, no binges as I am determined to be SHREDDED this time. I'm doing whatever it takes. Yesterday was soo depleted from brutal leg workout the night before and then morning cardio, that I was dragging all day. It sucked, but I want to make top 5 at the Masters this year.

It's nice to know that guys aren't immune to this craziness - so we can say it is "prep" related!

SadFatty
04-15-2009, 04:25 PM
I will come into this thread! I want to do a bikini contest in October and have just started eating clean foods! I hate them but being in shape tastes better than anything to me.

I have had no sugar for a few days....just diet pop and fruit. I had some headaches but am now getting used to being sugar free!

HeavyDutyGuy
04-15-2009, 04:30 PM
It's nice to know that guys aren't immune to this craziness - so we can say it is "prep" related!

Oh, for sure! Mike Mentzer used to binge on butter- not nut butter, straight out of the package. Guys aren't immune.

Wendy
04-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Well, I guess I am not THAT bad then - I can't even imagine being so crazy I would bite into a hunk of butter.....but then again....:p

Fit_5"3
04-16-2009, 02:14 AM
STOP! lol Take a good look at all your progress pictures and see how far you've come. DON'T get discouraged. 5 weeks is enough time to get where you need to be. We're here to help you through it - that's why Tammy put this thread up. :love:

Thanks, SallyAnne. I'm glad I've kept progress pics as long as I have. You are right. Even since July of last year my physique has changed SO much.
I also am trying to remember what an old coach old me:
"It's a marathon, not a sprint."

I'll be here the next 4.5 fo sho! Thanks! :wavey:

KBigz81
04-16-2009, 03:12 AM
I feel so much better now. I just payed for Dave's last week prep consultation. I've been on his keto diet for 6 weeks and had no clue on how to do the fat load. With 2 1/2 weeks to go I don't want to be screwing up what I've worked my butt of for. Next show I'm paying him for the entire prep!

HeavyDutyGuy
04-16-2009, 04:13 AM
I feel so much better now. I just payed for Dave's last week prep consultation. I've been on his keto diet for 6 weeks and had no clue on how to do the fat load. With 2 1/2 weeks to go I don't want to be screwing up what I've worked my butt of for. Next show I'm paying him for the entire prep!

Fat load? Why ?

Bob Smith Jr.
04-16-2009, 05:40 AM
...he doesn't carb up women....

klh_2342
04-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Hey everyone. I am very new to the forums....
Well Monday I am starting a 17 week contest prep....im not actually doing the contest but my husband is doing the europa in august and i am doing the prep with him.
I have competed in figure before, but this time i am just doing it to get my ass back in shape...so i am gonna need all the encourgement possible...i think im in the right place....i will be following dave's diet....my main problem is giving up my gum!!!hah..its my fav..but i really am focused and ready to do this...we'll see how it goes!

tammyp
04-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Hey everyone. I am very new to the forums....
Well Monday I am starting a 17 week contest prep....im not actually doing the contest but my husband is doing the europa in august and i am doing the prep with him.
I have competed in figure before, but this time i am just doing it to get my ass back in shape...so i am gonna need all the encourgement possible...i think im in the right place....i will be following dave's diet....my main problem is giving up my gum!!!hah..its my fav..but i really am focused and ready to do this...we'll see how it goes!

contest prep with out the contest! your a supportive wife! welcome to rxm!:beerbang:

pumpiron_rj
04-17-2009, 06:31 PM
contest prep with out the contest! your a supportive wife! welcome to rxm!:beerbang:

Yes she is! I couldn't do it without her love & support everyday...... she is my backbone, thank you babe!:kiss: TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAMWORK!!!!

klh_2342
04-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Hi tammyp....yeah i have done that twice now without the contest...i have done one..but i love the lifestyle so i figure why not plus it makes it easier for him...

love ya too babe!!

KBigz81
04-18-2009, 06:31 AM
I'm 2 weeks out, and my food cravings are going nuts!! I think alot of it is stress. I'm on Dave's keto diet and I'm dreaming about carbs. Anyone else have that problem? I mean its everynight for me.
My husband is also getting sick of my prep since I'm doing 3 hours of cardio and that takes away time from him. I know its tough on a relationship, but he's asking me to never do a show again. I told him I would have to think about it, and he called me selfish. Not sure what to do..Anyone else run into this problem??

Bob Smith Jr.
04-18-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm 2 weeks out, and my food cravings are going nuts!! I think alot of it is stress. I'm on Dave's keto diet and I'm dreaming about carbs. Anyone else have that problem? I mean its everynight for me.
My husband is also getting sick of my prep since I'm doing 3 hours of cardio and that takes away time from him. I know its tough on a relationship, but he's asking me to never do a show again. I told him I would have to think about it, and he called me selfish. Not sure what to do..Anyone else run into this problem??

are u drinking diet soda at all? that might help with the cravings...as far as your hubby, i dont really know what to say, i'm glad i'm not in a relationship atm, and when I do, I don't think I could date someone who doesn't compete or at least live the lifestyle......sorrry.

tammyp
04-18-2009, 08:49 AM
on the flip side, its selfish to ask you to give up something you love. 3 hours of cardio? fawk, no way could i ever!

KBigz81
04-18-2009, 08:29 PM
I started prep 16 weeks out and the trainer I was working w/started me out w/1.5.-2 hours cardio a day and high protein high carb med fat diet. He had me eating more carbs than I do in the offseason. Needless to say I only lost 2lbs in 8 weeks! And looked like crap, so when I finally came acrossed Dave's keto diet I've drop 12 lbs since then! But I'm still behind so...yes 3 hours of cardio a day blows! But its what has to be done. I won't be coming in shredded like I had planned but I'm coming in leaner than my last show.

MashkaNY
04-18-2009, 08:32 PM
wow your legs!!!

chicken breast
04-20-2009, 10:15 PM
you look great!

purplehaze
04-21-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm on Dave's keto diet and my competition is on saturday. Its been a great ride, but I dont get the protein and fats until THURSDAY! ahhh!!!!
diet cream soda seems to do the trick for me. that is heaven in a can.

klh_2342
04-23-2009, 10:55 PM
SO day 1 started today! :excited:
I am so ready to get back into shape. Today was pretty easy.....just gotta get use to no gum...ahhhh..
i have never been so focused and cant wait to see my body change!!
If i can just get through the two weeks before my first cheat meal than it shouldnt be a problem...

NPCfigure
04-24-2009, 08:32 PM
I started my diet 5 days ago, I am 11 weeks out tomorrow....so far so good...cant believe I have not eatten chocolate since then...and have no cravings............YET!

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
05-02-2009, 04:59 PM
3 weeks out from Culver City show. Only eating Tilapia as my protein source. Hungary every 20 f**king mins!!!!!!!
Bikini would be easier if I were 20 but it's amazing how hard it is with every detail when you're in your 30s.
Someone pass me a beer please. lol

05-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Peanut butter and splenda or Mac nut butter is my refuge baby!!!!!

tammyp
05-02-2009, 05:07 PM
i started my 16 week diet today. no PB:(

and i hear ya with the tilapia....its all i eat towards the end and i am always hungry and super grumpy. me likem me cow.

stephaniewicked
05-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Hell yeah, cow is what's up!!

No pb??? :eek: Well, that's no fun... :( I'm sure it will pay off for you though. I need to get off the PB myself. It's like a drug.

Nadia Nardi
05-02-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm not a huge fan of PB, but holy hell, once I start dieting...I crave the stuff every day...then again, I crave IT and everything else under the sun....
I'm sittin here at 2 weeks out from the NY Pro and I'm definitely feeling the desperation...the show is so close yet so far away....

Kitty Kat
05-03-2009, 12:38 PM
I started prep 16 weeks out and the trainer I was working w/started me out w/1.5.-2 hours cardio a day and high protein high carb med fat diet. He had me eating more carbs than I do in the offseason. Needless to say I only lost 2lbs in 8 weeks! And looked like crap, so when I finally came acrossed Dave's keto diet I've drop 12 lbs since then! But I'm still behind so...yes 3 hours of cardio a day blows! But its what has to be done. I won't be coming in shredded like I had planned but I'm coming in leaner than my last show.

Dam Girl,
you are looking amazing..
:bowdown:

KBigz81
05-03-2009, 12:46 PM
WOO HOO! I won my class and overall last night and I'm now an NGA Pro!! It was at the NGA Heart of America Classic in Washington,IL.

tammyp
05-03-2009, 12:55 PM
WOO HOO! I won my class and overall last night and I'm now an NGA Pro!! It was at the NGA Heart of America Classic in Washington,IL.

congrats girl!

tammyp
05-03-2009, 12:56 PM
3 weeks out from Culver City show. Only eating Tilapia as my protein source. Hungary every 20 f**king mins!!!!!!!
Bikini would be easier if I were 20 but it's amazing how hard it is with every detail when you're in your 30s.
Someone pass me a beer please. lol

you should do a journal. you need to show everyone bikini has to work hard too!:popcorn:

SallyAnne
05-03-2009, 01:00 PM

Title changed to reflect your new pro status. Congratulations!

Kitty Kat
05-03-2009, 01:15 PM

Awesome girl..
Big congrats on your overall win:beerbang:

stephaniewicked
05-03-2009, 01:34 PM
woo hoo! I won my class and overall last night and i'm now an nga pro!! It was at the nga heart of america classic in washington,il.

congratulations!!!! :)

you should do a journal. You need to show everyone bikini has to work hard too!:popcorn:

agreed.

05-03-2009, 02:10 PM
you should do a journal. you need to show everyone bikini has to work hard too!:popcorn:

I know, so many People bash on me, and I don't say anything. Let the ignorant be ignorant. Bottom line, woman's bodybuilding and fitness didn't accept woman's figure when that sport started. Now woman's figure doesn't really accept bikini. It's funny, my husband put it best. Everyone needs to be a freshman in school.

On another note. It works out best for me that not a lot of girls know that it takes work, because those of us that do work at it, are the ones that look the best on stage. I love when girls in their 20s get up on stage like it's a local bar bikini contest. Better for me, cuz I've done the homework and still use some attributes that show figure respect for the sport hence the dip when saying goodbye.

I really hope that people will realize that it isn't easy to have a bikini body for the NPC and soon IFBB all the time. Woman fluctuate with weight and hormones that keeping yourself tone and trim and dieted is work. It may not be as much work as body building and figure, but dammit it isn't a walk in the park. Especially once you hit 30. lol.

AllieCos
05-03-2009, 02:18 PM
I started my prep two weeks ago at 12 wks out. Today is 10 wks out for me and I've lost 10 lbs...ya - I got too far gone. Haven't competed since 2006 Nat'ls and am trying to requalify now. Took me this long to get my contest head back. Anyone know what I mean?
Anyeay - I love this thread! Very comforting to know I'm not the only one who can't have the PB andnuts - HUGE TRIGGERS for me! I'm better without!

SallyAnne
05-03-2009, 03:06 PM
I started my prep two weeks ago at 12 wks out. Today is 10 wks out for me and I've lost 10 lbs...ya - I got too far gone. Haven't competed since 2006 Nat'ls and am trying to requalify now. Took me this long to get my contest head back. Anyone know what I mean?
Anyeay - I love this thread! Very comforting to know I'm not the only one who can't have the PB andnuts - HUGE TRIGGERS for me! I'm better without!

I do. I took a year off and it was hard for me to get my head back in the game.

Angela123
05-03-2009, 03:09 PM

OMG..congrats! I'm in Bloomington btw!

Angela123
05-03-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm reading all of the posts by you ladies and its making me want to diet lol! Even though I read the cries for hunger and complaints of fish...I envy ya'll! There is something aboutt contest prepping...it stinks but damn it...I like it! Plus...I look damn good too.

Kitty Kat
05-03-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm reading all of the posts by you ladies and its making me want to diet lol! Even though I read the cries for hunger and complaints of fish...I envy ya'll! There is something aboutt contest prepping...it stinks but damn it...I like it! Plus...I look damn good too.

Ondrea, you are so dam funny..
you know, I can relate to you on that :D

tammyp
05-03-2009, 04:11 PM
I know, so many People bash on me, and I don't say anything. Let the ignorant be ignorant. Bottom line, woman's bodybuilding and fitness didn't accept woman's figure when that sport started. Now woman's figure doesn't really accept bikini. It's funny, my husband put it best. Everyone needs to be a freshman in school.

On another note. It works out best for me that not a lot of girls know that it takes work, because those of us that do work at it, are the ones that look the best on stage. I love when girls in their 20s get up on stage like it's a local bar bikini contest. Better for me, cuz I've done the homework and still use some attributes that show figure respect for the sport hence the dip when saying goodbye.

I really hope that people will realize that it isn't easy to have a bikini body for the NPC and soon IFBB all the time. Woman fluctuate with weight and hormones that keeping yourself tone and trim and dieted is work. It may not be as much work as body building and figure, but dammit it isn't a walk in the park. Especially once you hit 30. lol.

great post! i like your attitude, and your right....it is like being a freshman. youll be a great role model for the pros:)

~gymdiva~
05-03-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm actually jealous of the people who can do all tilapia...I can only eat fresh caught which is hard as hell to find...and even harder to find not from an asian country! sounds odd I know but fresh, frozen at sea stuff I can eat...farm raised from ANY country? forettaaboutit...hahahaha...I miss eating it...I had the perfect mrs. dash for it...pffft :p

as for me and dieting, I had a pro/fat day yesterday and today I have been going out of my mind wanting food...this is going to be a looooong 20wks...

2hot4u
05-04-2009, 08:36 AM
gymdiva, are you working with dave? you mentioned prot/fat days.

Bob Smith Jr.
05-04-2009, 08:42 AM
congrats!

KBigz81
05-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks all! I absolutley love the support on this forum! You guys are awesome!

GirlyMuscle
05-04-2009, 11:00 AM
gymdiva, are you working with dave? you mentioned prot/fat days.I'm thinking she's working with Colette.

~gymdiva~
05-04-2009, 11:24 AM
gymdiva, are you working with dave? you mentioned prot/fat days.

I'm thinking she's working with Colette.

yep I'm with Colette...so the diet is pretty much the same...not completely but close...

05-04-2009, 01:56 PM
great post! i like your attitude, and your right....it is like being a freshman. youll be a great role model for the pros:)

it's funny because I am so used to the diet that when I go to eat stuff like Pizza, it doesn't sit well. I'd rather have oatmeal with raisins and honey. LOL

Wendy
05-04-2009, 09:04 PM
it's funny because I am so used to the diet that when I go to eat stuff like Pizza, it doesn't sit well. I'd rather have oatmeal with raisins and honey. LOL

Isn't it funny that we consider things like oatmeal and raisins "treats" I love my oats!

KBigz81
05-05-2009, 05:58 AM
After my contest I couldn't wait to have a bowl of oatmeal with some raisins and pumpkin in it.

Nadia Nardi
05-05-2009, 06:57 PM
After my contest I couldn't wait to have a bowl of oatmeal with some raisins and pumpkin in it.

Ha! That sounds like 'gourmet' food right about now...mmmmm....there is something remarkable about the combo of oats, pumpkin & raisins....

KBigz81
05-05-2009, 07:20 PM
oh I love pumpkin in my oats...and it doesn't take much either. After coming off of my contest diet which was Dave's keto diet. I'm not real sure on how to add the carbs back in. I was thinking of adding 30 carbs a day each week. I want to stay on his diet but w/carbs to add some mass. Anyone know how that works for women??

Nadia Nardi
05-06-2009, 03:36 PM
I do believe that adding them back in gradually would be wise...from that point, progressively increasing your carbs each week would work well too. Now, don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure that Dave would advocate adding in 25-30g carbs/meal so, I suppose you could work back up to that.

KBigz81
05-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Ok thanks. Being that this was my 3rd show, I'm trying to be smarter about the post contest rebound. My last 2 shows I had real bad post contest blues from gaining too much weight. I've learned my lesson! I ate what I wanted Sund and part of Monday and went back on Dave's diet. You know I thought I would be craving carbs real bad after the show, but I feel I can go w/o them for some reason.

05-07-2009, 05:40 AM
Isn't it funny that we consider things like oatmeal and raisins "treats" I love my oats!

Hell, I love the honey!!!!!!!!!!

Kitty Kat
05-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Ok thanks. Being that this was my 3rd show, I'm trying to be smarter about the post contest rebound. My last 2 shows I had real bad post contest blues from gaining too much weight. I've learned my lesson! I ate what I wanted Sund and part of Monday and went back on Dave's diet. You know I thought I would be craving carbs real bad after the show, but I feel I can go w/o them for some reason.

You know, I happen to do the same in the offseason after working with dave. It's pretty good not having carb attacks during the week:popcorn:

RDFinders
05-07-2009, 09:52 PM
i craved the strangest - raisin bran cereal with ice cold soy milk! not sure what the crave will be this time around as i just started getting in gear.

Terracotta101
05-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Here's a great story about lack of focus....I was at the gas station today and pre-paid for my gas, then went back to my car and drove off without pumping the gas. I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE! Fortunetly I realized it as soon as I pulled out and turned right back around. I felt like a complete moron! I'm surprised I can remember to put my pants on in the morning :/

Terracotta101
05-14-2009, 11:52 PM
My friend and I call these moments "carb moments" :confused: :stupid:

KBigz81
05-15-2009, 12:09 AM
I'm with ya there! Last years contest prep, last couple of weeks I was pulling only protein days...no added fats or carbs and I felt like I was in another world. Everything was moving in slow motion. lol I could barely function at work..and I'm a dispatcher so not a good mix. I had to call in sick a few days during that prep.

GeminiJedi
05-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Oh man! I could not have found this thread at a better time! I'm just over 7.5 weeks out and it's starting to get hard....As much as I'm trying I'm having a hard time convincing myself that my broccoli tastes just as good as waffle fries ;)

shankuan
05-27-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm 3 weeks out and ready to tear my locks out. Other than the usual sweets (i have a sweet tooth) i crave, which this time around is not as bad as last year, those peanuts are driving me nuts!!! I am still allowed peanuts, but finding myself sometimes tempted to eat d WHOLE damn tub!!! i have to measure out the EXACT amt in a little glad container for d whole day I'm at work, versus taking the whole jar to work and measuring it there!

I'm at this point tired, crankly, and funny enough, horny as hell! I have this conversation/debate each morning i wake up and have to do my cardio...."do you want to look GREAT on stage or just ordinary. if its ordinary, then go right back to sleep and get to cardio later, if GREAT is what your going for then GET YOUR SORRY ASS outta bed NOW!". It works sometimes, on those days i'm really dragging ass...i honestly have no idea what gets me out of bed so frickin early.

My swearing has gone up again due largely to being annoyed at EVERYBODY especially during feeding time. That's why i time my meals so that i end up in the lunch room waaaaay ahead of the crowd, so i am not harassed with the smell of nasty chinese food, or greasy fried chicken from either KFC or the restaurants around this area.

I was fine for majority of this prep, far more so than last year but this past week has seen my turn into a complete nightmare. I'm not really craving foods, except that my birthday lands in the middle of the nxt 2 weeks, so NO BLACK FOREST CAKE!!!

Other than all that...i'm peachy!

Glad i could vent cause i think my boyfriend is tired of me bitching now. He's a sweetie and understands but i've pretty much abused him terribly. For that i'm gonna have to makeup SERIOUSLY after this comp.

GeminiJedi
05-28-2009, 01:02 AM
I'm 3 weeks out and ready to tear my locks out. Other than the usual sweets (i have a sweet tooth) i crave, which this time around is not as bad as last year, those peanuts are driving me nuts!!! I am still allowed peanuts, but finding myself sometimes tempted to eat d WHOLE damn tub!!! i have to measure out the EXACT amt in a little glad container for d whole day I'm at work, versus taking the whole jar to work and measuring it there!

I'm at this point tired, crankly, and funny enough, horny as hell! I have this conversation/debate each morning i wake up and have to do my cardio...."do you want to look GREAT on stage or just ordinary. if its ordinary, then go right back to sleep and get to cardio later, if GREAT is what your going for then GET YOUR SORRY ASS outta bed NOW!". It works sometimes, on those days i'm really dragging ass...i honestly have no idea what gets me out of bed so frickin early.

My swearing has gone up again due largely to being annoyed at EVERYBODY especially during feeding time. That's why i time my meals so that i end up in the lunch room waaaaay ahead of the crowd, so i am not harassed with the smell of nasty chinese food, or greasy fried chicken from either KFC or the restaurants around this area.

I was fine for majority of this prep, far more so than last year but this past week has seen my turn into a complete nightmare. I'm not really craving foods, except that my birthday lands in the middle of the nxt 2 weeks, so NO BLACK FOREST CAKE!!!

Other than all that...i'm peachy!

Glad i could vent cause i think my boyfriend is tired of me bitching now. He's a sweetie and understands but i've pretty much abused him terribly. For that i'm gonna have to makeup SERIOUSLY after this comp.

I hear ya! This week was the toughest. You're on the home stretch now! And just think--your birthday present to yourself is a better physique than last year :D Double the pleasure when you get your black forest cake after comp :)

HeavyDutyGuy
05-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Anyone else not getting cravings? (Except when its shoved at you on TV). I'm hungry, tired and ennervated, but not craving much. (After 11 weeks of keto, and 15 weeks of total dieting.) 7 more weeks of this to go.

Miss Muscle
06-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Well I have found my home for the next 19 weeks :)

I just started prep for the Tri-State show October 10th in Erie, PA.

shankuan
06-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Holy crap, i recently switched to eating fish only cause i really could NOT eat another piece of chicken (it seems not to sit very well in my stomach anymore...) and MAAAAAAAANNNNN am I ever hungry!

i've pretty much kept the cravings under control for majority of this prep (show is June 20th) but darn it if I aint starting to behave like a crackhead new to rehab... twitches and voices in my head and stuff!! lololol!!

And to think i'm even considering another show later this year!!

tammyp
06-30-2009, 08:08 AM
those brownie blizzard ads are getting to me..i dont even really like choc ice cream..but damn those look good. i seem to crave whatever is on tv ads the most..last year it was cheesy bread..and i never had it. guess when i can, i dont care:)

stephaniewicked
06-30-2009, 08:25 AM
I was the same way with the Frosty ads that Wendy's has been showing... it was driving me crazy the last couple of weeks, then I didn't even want it when we made a Wendy's pit stop Saturday night.

Tam - if you're ready early like George thinks you will be, will that allow you flexibility as far as maybe having a cheat meal or snack or two prior to the show?

LisaRD23
06-30-2009, 09:35 AM
I've been reading articles on post-competition blues and how hard it is for some girls to get back on track after enjoying our post-competition food fest.

Granted, I do have another comp lined up in two weeks so I had no choice but to get back on track Monday morning, but really by Sunday night I couldn't even imagine going into the next week eating crap, and I didn't even eat that much crap! I couldn't...my stomach wouldn't expand enough to get it all in:p

tammyp
06-30-2009, 05:48 PM
I was the same way with the Frosty ads that Wendy's has been showing... it was driving me crazy the last couple of weeks, then I didn't even want it when we made a Wendy's pit stop Saturday night.

Tam - if you're ready early like George thinks you will be, will that allow you flexibility as far as maybe having a cheat meal or snack or two prior to the show?

he could have me ready, but we dont be that early. i never got cheat meals til last prep and there were only 2, so well see!

2hot4u
06-30-2009, 05:50 PM
i can't stand ONE MORE PIZZA COMMERCIAL!!! mannnnn it is killing me!!!

MsGuns
06-30-2009, 06:09 PM
hang in there gurls....
Why is that TV land knows when to play THOSE commericals?
lol lol lol

cheddar cheese
06-30-2009, 06:14 PM
i can't stand ONE MORE PIZZA COMMERCIAL!!! mannnnn it is killing me!!!

tell me about it!!! :ban: every single commercial has food in it :mad: 3 weeks to go and I'm pissy as hell! My legs and ass aren't coming in at all I'm so frustrated.

LisaRD23
07-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Uh...yeah...those DQ Blizzard commercials really have to stop.

Jennie Verdi Hendricks
07-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Uh...yeah...those DQ Blizzard commercials really have to stop.

Tell me about it...esp. the ones w/the girl scout cookies!!!

SallyAnne
07-06-2009, 10:55 PM
The old ladies in my gym watch food network while they do cardio. wtf?

LisaRD23
07-07-2009, 09:33 AM

probally looking for recipe ideas...you know you could eat as much as you want and not get fat as long as you do your cardio....:rolleyes:

At my gym the front desk people are sitting there eating Burger King, make me want to choke a chick.

ripcurlgirl
07-08-2009, 10:18 PM

There was a gal like that where I used to work she'd be on the elliptical for an hour plus watching it. She consistently was about 12% body fat...she eventually became a pastry chef. Go figure?

GirlyMuscle
07-08-2009, 10:19 PM
The old ladies in my gym watch food network while they do cardio. wtf?I did that last year when I worked at Planet Fitness. I won't be doing that this year.

sbfigure
07-08-2009, 10:59 PM

omgggggg my old morning cardio partner... also dieting for a show... use to watch that our entire hour of cardio.. i would want to shoot myself by the time i was done.

tho sometimes i do find myself stopping at that channel now and then.. i guess im a glutton for punishment.

GeminiJedi
07-16-2009, 12:59 PM
I love, love, love FN when dieting! Not that I want to eat much of it...I do have a bunch of recipes to try after show, though--gotta be able to dip a finger in and make sure it tastes ok before I give it away.

stephaniewicked
07-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Food Network is my FAVORITE! It doesn't bother me one bit... I get inspiration from watching it... it doesn't tempt me that much. Now if I *smell* something I want or I have it in close proximity, *that's* when I can't stand it... especially when dieting and there's 30 pizza pies in the kitchen at work while everyone stuffs their faces.

figurebre
07-16-2009, 01:18 PM
I do it too.....Its torture, but I love watching people eat and look SO HAPPY! lol

stephaniewicked
07-16-2009, 01:23 PM
I *wish* we had the FN on our gym tv's... I'd be so happy! LOL. Instead I just switch between the music video stations to keep me pumped.

Suzanne
07-16-2009, 01:45 PM

i LOVE food network I made recipes for cookies and stuff for after comp and we get ideas for cheat meal place form diner, drive in and dives

figurebre
07-16-2009, 02:02 PM
suzanne is psycho though, she BAKES while dieting lol its super yummy too. She should be the next food network star

Tami Bellon
07-24-2009, 12:44 AM
I'm 5 weeks out and need to get my lower half to come in and I'll be good. I can handle most of the food commericals, but the one that REALLY gets me is the Resee's pb cups. I have to look away....sigh......

BrownBear
07-24-2009, 12:58 AM
anyone know where the guy version of this thread is? brownbear is trudgin through the first week just gettin the "shit fat" off lol

muscles_1976
07-24-2009, 02:34 PM
I too am addicted to food network........but I love to cook and bake. I prefer cheats at home so I can cook fun stuff! chicken, beef and salmon........get old after awhile lol

Suzanne
07-24-2009, 02:42 PM
suzanne is psycho though, she BAKES while dieting lol its super yummy too. She should be the next food network star

and i share!

I baked 2 weeks out form jr nats
oroe fudge
reeses pb cup fudge
jumbo triple chip cookies (milk, semi sweet, white)

for nationasl in addition to above
oatmeal cookies
pb cookies soem dipped in choc
i covered my own oreos in chocolate
brownies with symphany bars in the middle

and not a drop touches my lips even when i drop hot fudge on hand and burning i will not lick it i wait til i get to something ican wipe it on

i am having some of my oreo fudge tomorrow

Lilr24
07-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Before I started competing I ate sooo clean! Was only 10% bodyfat...so i was pretty lean going into my diet. Half way through my diet, i was craving everything in sight!!! All i wanted was sweets and everything I couldn't have! It was crazy...i had no problem eating clean before. My competition was in may, now it is july, and I'll start another 12 week diet at the end of aug, and i'm so scared I won't be able to get back on it!!!! It seems like i have no will power anymore! The month after my show, i felt like i lost my mind and was eating to the point of missery!!!

RDFinders
07-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Before I started competing I ate sooo clean! Was only 10% bodyfat...so i was pretty lean going into my diet. Half way through my diet, i was craving everything in sight!!! All i wanted was sweets and everything I couldn't have! It was crazy...i had no problem eating clean before. My competition was in may, now it is july, and I'll start another 12 week diet at the end of aug, and i'm so scared I won't be able to get back on it!!!! It seems like i have no will power anymore! The month after my show, i felt like i lost my mind and was eating to the point of missery!!!
join the club. i have been soft dieting for a while now and life seems to be getting in the way emotionally with work, family, etc. some big changes are coming up and i am struggling with keep trucking or wait. as this is a hobby, i still train to be my best, but at the same time, it is just a hobby. so i have given myself till sunday to make to real decision b/c i don't want regret in my heart. come sunday - 14 weeks out, so i think i will be good to go.:D

Lilr24
07-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Oh I hear ya! I am 21, I go to college full time and work at a hospital full time, 3 12's a week. While training i was getting up at 4:30 for a session of cardio, working 12 hours then going back to the gym for weights and more cardio!!! By show time I was soooo ready for it to be over. I qualified for Jr's but decided my head just wasn't in it, because I was just sooo drained! I'm really pumped for this next show...but day to day it changes with the constant temptation of food. I have so much going on, at times I wonder if I should wait to do a show when things slow down. But I LOVE being lean in comp. shape...so i'm itching to get on stage again! I'm 16 weeks out...trying Dave's diet for a month...then gonna decide wether I want to stick to his, or the one i used in my first show. Lost 4lbs in one day..water i'm sure

DCtraininggirl
07-30-2009, 12:40 AM
:bowdown::bowdown:Wow you guys, I'm really seeing into how much you suffer!! I'm really over weight and just trying to lose some fat and dieting kills me too, but I don't know how you guys do it for weeks until the competition! My hat is off to you all!!!:bowdown:

Lilr24
08-05-2009, 11:44 AM
1 Corinthians 10:13 NIV
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Philippians 4:13 NIV
I can do everything through him who gives me strength

Walk in His ways, so that you may prosper in all that you do!

Isaiah 40:31 NIV
but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on the wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9)

debbiebramwell
08-05-2009, 12:15 PM
woohoo sounds fun to watch!:p

SallyAnne
08-05-2009, 01:22 PM
i LOVE food network I made recipes for cookies and stuff for after comp and we get ideas for cheat meal place form diner, drive in and dives

I can't do it while I'm dieting. It makes me hungry for stuff I can't have. It's like torture. lol

SallyAnne
08-05-2009, 01:23 PM
and i share!

I baked 2 weeks out form jr nats
oroe fudge
reeses pb cup fudge
jumbo triple chip cookies (milk, semi sweet, white)

for nationasl in addition to above
oatmeal cookies
pb cookies soem dipped in choc
i covered my own oreos in chocolate
brownies with symphany bars in the middle

and not a drop touches my lips even when i drop hot fudge on hand and burning i will not lick it i wait til i get to something ican wipe it on

i am having some of my oreo fudge tomorrow

Are you bringing cookies for nationals? :) I'll be following you around like a puppy. lol

GirlyMuscle
08-05-2009, 01:26 PM
For the first time since I started dieting almost 16 weeks ago, I am having a hard day. It's been 10 days since my last cheat meal. I'm having one tonight. I think I waited too long. I'm really tired, no energy, no desire to do anything, cranky as hell and I'm really craving right now. Now I know why the cheat meal is once a week.

Ok..thats enough....I'm too tired to bitch...

Oh...and there's no possibility I'll stray off plan today...

Discipline
08-05-2009, 01:34 PM
1 Corinthians 10:13 NIV
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Philippians 4:13 NIV
I can do everything through him who gives me strength

Walk in His ways, so that you may prosper in all that you do!

Isaiah 40:31 NIV
but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on the wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9)

This is great....my mother and I were just talking about this verse (2 Timothy 1:7) during lunch. I was telling her again that this wasn't only about finally losing the weight but gaining discipline. I've been in the gym since I was 16 but could never get my diet in control. When I realized this year that food was my BIGGEST temptation is when I brought it to the Lord. I was explaining this to her because she's trying to quit smoking and she's been 3 days without it (from our initial talk) since including him. =)

SallyAnne
08-05-2009, 01:37 PM
For the first time since I started dieting almost 16 weeks ago, I am having a hard day. It's been 10 days since my last cheat meal. I'm having one tonight. I think I waited too long. I'm really tired, no energy, no desire to do anything, cranky as hell and I'm really craving right now. Now I know why the cheat meal is once a week.

Hang tough, Girly. That cheat meal is just around the corner.

You should try the zero stim from ALRI. I'm telling you - it kills your appetite. ...and I think you're right about the cheat meal every 7 days. I honestly don't think I could wait that long even if I wanted to. I can feel myself getting run down by the end of the week and I need that meal to raise my energy levels.

debbiebramwell
08-05-2009, 01:45 PM

Yaay you get a cheat meal tonight;) hang in there! take naps if you can..drink some yummy diet soda(helps me) and remember that amazing contest body you will have and being in the best shape of your life....if you need anything let me know(dont we have a sykpe date?):D

Discipline
08-05-2009, 01:50 PM

I know how you feel, the first couple days were really good but these last 3 days have been hard. Energy wise, I have none. I always lift heavy and do cardio immediately after but I feel like my body is crying out for rest, just weak all the time. I took yesterday off and slept all afternoon intil this morning. I'm sure the 5-6 hours of sleep doesn't help so I'll start doing cardio in the morning and get to the gym earlier to lift. I'm waiting two weeks for my cheat meal, sunday couldn't get here sooner.

Tami Bellon
08-08-2009, 04:48 PM

How did it go? Feeling better? ;)

little d
08-09-2009, 08:46 PM
This is so unreal!! I thought I was the only one that couldn't get enough of the food network channel! I just finished the Masters Nationals and I watched the FN everyday! I bought lots of cooking magazines and cook books, then I looked up recipes online! I made lots of new recipes and that is hard cause I couldn't taste them to see if it was good... my family loved them! I just liked watching them eat it... it made me feel good in my zombie state!

Stay the course,you do what you have to to get the job done! It is so worth it in the end! You feel good you did. I was on the keto diet. When the prejudging was over...I just cried.. It finally was over. I felt like I was just released from a concentration camp ( I looked like that too)... it was very overwhelming something I never experienced before... getting back to the main stream of normalcy was and is very hard... and that was 4 weeks ago. You are an elite group of athletes! You go !!!!!

GirlyMuscle
08-09-2009, 09:23 PM
How did it go? Feeling better? ;)

I got through it. I actually felt better after my cheat meal. I mean immediately after. Did you ever eat carbs and feel like a heroine addict? I can actually feel a sense of "ahhhhh" as soon as I eat some carbs.

So that was last Wednesday. It's now Sunday night. I should be back in ketosis by now and I think I am. Didn't even feel like having my last meal ( I did). Now...to start planning my next cheat....

angeliquecosta
08-10-2009, 12:05 AM
This thread is fabulous! I really thought I was going crazy with my massive PB cravings all of a sudden...now I know I am not the ONLY one! Thank goodness!!!! I'm hungry all the time though, even after I eat. What do you ladies do to stave off the hunger feelings? Diet soda works? I only drink water & green tea but might give it a try if it means I'm not so darn hungryyyyy!!!

Lann1011
08-11-2009, 01:38 AM
I am starting Dave's diet in two weeks, and am scared about all the cravings and hunger.. I hate diet soda, but I have a feeling I will learn to love it very soon.. ha ha

Kitty Kat
08-15-2009, 10:58 PM
I am starting Dave's diet in two weeks, and am scared about all the cravings and hunger.. I hate diet soda, but I have a feeling I will learn to love it very soon.. ha ha

Hey Lann... Try some crystal light, or real lemon juice with stevia and tons of Ice... keep it strong

andreag
08-23-2009, 04:18 PM
anyone on the keto diet...when you have your cheat meal do you ever get a headache or just feel weird in the head lol. seriously i felt like shit lastnight after i ate. headache and couldnt sleep at night. woke up sweatin my ass off too. maybe it was the carb overload :dunno: haha

debbiebramwell
08-23-2009, 05:03 PM
anyone on the keto diet...when you have your cheat meal do you ever get a headache or just feel weird in the head lol. seriously i felt like shit lastnight after i ate. headache and couldnt sleep at night. woke up sweatin my ass off too. maybe it was the carb overload :dunno: haha
hmm no...I slept good after my meal..sweating is normal....no headaches or feeling weird...hmmm ask dave

Darnelle B
08-23-2009, 10:57 PM
HI i'm dying.lol

i want oreos and and taco bell or someshit like that.lol

craving out the ass.lol

but i must stay strong. my first contest prep ever. so i will be here with you ladies.lol

SallyAnne
08-24-2009, 12:08 AM
HI i'm dying.lol

i want oreos and and taco bell or someshit like that.lol

craving out the ass.lol

but i must stay strong. my first contest prep ever. so i will be here with you ladies.lol

STAY STRONG! ;)

Save those oreos and taco bell for your designated cheat meal! You'll hate yourself after if you eat them when you're not supposed to.

kptraining
08-28-2009, 06:37 AM
Hang tough, Girly. That cheat meal is just around the corner.

You should try the zero stim from ALRI. I'm telling you - it kills your appetite. ...and I think you're right about the cheat meal every 7 days. I honestly don't think I could wait that long even if I wanted to. I can feel myself getting run down by the end of the week and I need that meal to raise my energy levels.
In need of an appetite suppressant that works!!! What else have you tried? Do or can you take Zero Stim in conjunction with another fat burner? (I'm taking Lipo right now and not sure if I should just sub this out, or add to it....)

SallyAnne
08-28-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm taking Zero Stim and Hyperdrive together. When Poison comes out next week, I think I'll be switching to that. (Also made by ALRI) I tried it at the USA's and it was awesome.

kptraining
08-28-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm taking Zero Stim and Hyperdrive together. When Poison comes out next week, I think I'll be switching to that. (Also made by ALRI) I tried it at the USA's and it was awesome.
Thanks for your help:)

Lin
09-02-2009, 03:53 AM
argh having meltdown, been on keto diet for 6wks, had cheat meal as normal then went to a theme park the next day with children and lost it on the way home and had another :dunno:. I know it's not the end of the world, but it's really messed with my mind this wk :hypno:

xx

SallyAnne
09-02-2009, 10:27 AM
argh having meltdown, been on keto diet for 6wks, had cheat meal as normal then went to a theme park the next day with children and lost it on the way home and had another :dunno:. I know it's not the end of the world, but it's really messed with my mind this wk :hypno:

xx

Don't stress about it - just pick yourself back up and keep moving forward. I think sometimes the stress/guilt over the cheat is worse than the cheat itself.

:hmn:

Lin
09-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Don't stress about it - just pick yourself back up and keep moving forward. I think sometimes the stress/guilt over the cheat is worse than the cheat itself.

:hmn:

Thanx SallyAnne, I've been so bloody moody with everybody because I feel so guilty, but whats worse than the guilt is I feel so crap, really lethergic, obviously was the overdose of carbs, and really have struggled to get up this morning :)
x

LuckyDog
09-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Lin - unfortunately I think a lot of us can relate to the guilt when we undermine our own efforts. SallyAnne is so dead on, you get back to it and just keep going and its the long term consistency that makes or breaks us not our momentary lapses. Dig back in and getter done!! Trust me I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lin
09-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Lin - unfortunately I think a lot of us can relate to the guilt when we undermine our own efforts. SallyAnne is so dead on, you get back to it and just keep going and its the long term consistency that makes or breaks us not our momentary lapses. Dig back in and getter done!! Trust me I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no worse critic than yourself!!
Cooking fish as we speak, no point like you say in letting 1 lapse ruin the last 6 wks.
Thank you for your replies xxx

Gypsie
09-03-2009, 01:20 AM
OMG! I'm so glad I found this post. I'm weeks into a 12 week prep for my first figure competition. Initially I had a hard time eating all the food on my diet. My biggest indescretion was occaisionally missing my final meal of the night because I was stuffed. My coach switched it up about two weeks ago and I was doing okay with the change until recently. Now I'm scraping every damn morsel. I have been making good progress and I was doing okay with my diet until yesterday. I'm not sure what happened, but something just freakin snapped in my head.

Yesterday I went to my local health food store and got 2 ounces of chocolate. Good quality chocolate I might add. Not the smartest move and it certainly does not help me reach my goals, but I felt an eery sense of calmness afterwards. Now this might not have been so bad, but then I had the nerve to go to See's Candy and had 2 truffles! Then to top it all off, I went to another local health food store just before my workout and got some poppy & garlic sesame sticks. I don't even then I properly chewed all of them. WTF! :dunno: I was like a addict looking for my next fix. Today was better although I did inhale a package of Tic Tac's and went through a pack of gum in one day. Things that I never used to even touch before. Awwww...I feel a little better now that I have confessed. Tomorrow will be a better day. My mantra to myself, "Suck it up and adapt sister because it ain't gonna get any easier".

tammyp
09-03-2009, 07:59 AM
welcome gypsie! well help you through....im a gum addict myself so i totally understand!

LauraW
09-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Hi Ladies,

Just wondering what you all do for cheat meals during your contest prep. I always feel bad, physically and guilty after my cheat meals. How much and what are good cheat meals? I am on a diet like Daves. Thanks.

Lilr24
09-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Hello ladies....anyone read the book "Fasting"? I've heard its great! I think i'm gonna pick it up. 10 weeks out....this time around seems easier?

SallyAnne
09-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Hi Ladies,

Just wondering what you all do for cheat meals during your contest prep. I always feel bad, physically and guilty after my cheat meals. How much and what are good cheat meals? I am on a diet like Daves. Thanks.

I've been finding that my eyes are bigger than my stomach when it comes to cheat meals. I buy all this crap and then don't eat 1/2 of it and wind up giving it to my mom so it's not in my house. She says I'm making her fat. :)

So - I just eat until I'm full and don't worry about it - one meal, though. Not all day.

MsGuns
09-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Can yall find me a sugardaddy?

This prep for some reason has been the hardest...

My teaching and coaching schedule is messing up my prep.

sandi_stuart
09-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Yes. Cheat meals made me feel druuuuuuuuuuunk on keto.

Let me know how it goes. I'm always up for a new brand of 'crack':yep:

I'm hungry. And I just ate.
I don't really have anything useful/intelligent to add here.
My brain is on 'sleep' mode until tomorrow am's carbs.

musclemilf
09-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Can yall find me a sugardaddy?

This prep for some reason has been the hardest...

My teaching and coaching schedule is messing up my prep.

I hear ya!!! I'm in zombie land right now lol. eat, train, work, eat, train, work, rinse, lather, repeat......

you know where to find me if you want to chat

Lilr24
09-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Soooo, I'm a CNA at a hospital and guess what I got to do today?! Well when patients can't feed themselves...i get to be the one to do it, So, i lift the lid to their plate this a.m and immediately start drooling over their b's and g's, pancakes, eggs and bacon. I have to cut it all up, pour the syrup on it, salt and pepper everything then sit there for a half hour and FEED THEM THE FOOD!!!!!! Yeah....talk about torture!!! It smelled sooooo good lol

LuckyDog
09-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Hello ladies....anyone read the book "Fasting"? I've heard its great! I think i'm gonna pick it up. 10 weeks out....this time around seems easier?

I just looked for it on Amazon - who is the author? Bunch with that name (not shocking I guess)

I'm with you guys - 2 weeks out and barely functioning - I go from starving, to starving, to numb, to starving - rinse and repeat. Sadly I always feel like as a bber if I feel like crap I'm close and things are working:yep:

Gunz - I sooooooo hear ya!! This whole year has been like this - its been a test of strength and commitment every step - you have it no problem - a little work/life balance and you are good to go!

I think you are competing the same day as my last show - just under 9 weeks?

Lilr24
09-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Jentezen Franklin is the author to "Fasting"

~gymdiva~
09-14-2009, 10:52 PM
I thought of all my dieting gals when I saw this:

9YfvBbxE1vU

Gypsie
09-19-2009, 02:25 AM
I thought of all my dieting gals when I saw this:

9YfvBbxE1vU

Ha ha ha ha! I love it. I get in that mood quite often.

figgy
10-04-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm going on week 5 of Dave's diet. So far...so good! I'm just not fond of my 90mins of cardio at 4am. lol.

I have a few questions though. I looove coffee. Was checking out the different coffee flavors at the grocery store and Foldgers makes flavored coffees....like cinnamon swirl, vanilla, ect. There was no nutrition label, but can we have that on Dave's diet? Also, can we have cinnamon on his diet too?

Lilr24
10-16-2009, 01:07 PM
5 Weeks left and feel like i'm losing my mind! I went on a binge the other day...and now feel ridiculous! I feel like i have no self control and want to eat everything in site. Its only when i'm at work tho! Ahhhhhhh

Amber-Leigh
11-18-2009, 07:51 AM
Can I just say that I'm not competing until June 2010. But I have a hard time following my diet right now only because I am eating a lot! And I have a mental block with eating more, since I have a history of continue dieting. Uggg

ripcurlgirl
11-26-2009, 11:58 AM
I am back after an off season gain/bulk cycle. It was hard on me mentally to take the fat with the muscle. By the end the only thing that fit me in my closet was my birthday suit! 2 weeks into my diet and I'm seeing lots of changes already. This is a great thread, and I'll be here with the rest of you dieting through the winter.

flick161
12-28-2009, 01:53 PM
This is a fantastic thread. I never actually thought anyone else binged on their diets... In the UK no-one talks about it, except me, then I feel sooooo stoopid as I feel like I'm the only one!

I've just taken a year out (for sanity and to grow) and I keep wondering whether I can still do the whole dieting thing next year - I think taking the year out has given me a chance to reset my mind.

I'll certainly be checking in with you guys in March when I start dieting!

mattie o
01-15-2010, 01:10 PM
hi, im miserable and need some company. my name is mattie, and this is my first competition. i began my prep 2 weeks ago, and its going well, except that i havent lost any weight in 6 days, and im starting to freak out.

the contest is in 11 weeks...i have about 15 lbs to go. i literally dont know what else i can do, im working my balls off and am a nazi about my diet.

anyway, hi!

KBigz81
01-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Are you looking better in the mirror?

sassy69
01-15-2010, 05:01 PM
hi, im miserable and need some company. my name is mattie, and this is my first competition. i began my prep 2 weeks ago, and its going well, except that i havent lost any weight in 6 days, and im starting to freak out.

the contest is in 11 weeks...i have about 15 lbs to go. i literally dont know what else i can do, im working my balls off and am a nazi about my diet.

anyway, hi!

Throw your scale out the window, be consistent with and trust in your diet & training, monitor how you feel / sleep / recover (i.e. make sure you're getting enough good quality sleep and arent' always stressed because you're too far out in your prep to have issues now as it will only get worse as you approach your show date). One of the biggest challenges of contest prep is maintaining an even keel throughout the prep - its hard to not have ups & downs in your day and get freaked out about your progress because you can't know for sure how it will all come together on show day. The best you can do is keep your eye on the goal, have faith in your prep, dont' let yourself second guess what you are doing. Measure your progress by how you look, how your clothes fit and if you do it regularly , the general trend in bodyfat measurements (not the absolute measuremetns - e.g. you measured 15% today and you think you should be 12% by now -- it matters more that you are showing a consistent trend downward in bodyfat vs the day to day measures). And throw your scale out the window.

The worst thing you can do is mindfuck yourself because you don't see teh scale moving at some assumed linear rate. Your body composition and the general trend towards lower bodyfat and higher muscle mass are your only goals. Weight tends to drop in chunks instead of linearly. Further, you will be dropping a certain amount of weight in just water as you get into your final weeks. Unless you're tryign to make a weight class, "weight" is sorta not really the most important way to judge progress or to set your goals. And even in your first show, if you don't make the weight you want, it doesn't matter. The goal is to bring the best package you can in the time you have, and present it int he best way possible.

Sledge
01-15-2010, 09:27 PM

anyway, hi!

Just dropped by to say I LOVE your avatar. I think all the women here should have an Avi like that. I guess I'm a hamstring fan huh.

Oh yeah and good luck with your prep. Sassy is right.

mattie o
01-15-2010, 10:20 PM
wow, thanks everyone! i do feel a bit better...

kbigz81: not really, i dont think :( i think the 4 lbs ive lost in 2 weeks was just water.

sassy: thats just what i needed to hear! your right, all i can do is just keep on keeping on, and if something doesnt work, well theres only one way to find out: trial and error, especially since this is my first show. no use stressing out and getting anxious. itll just make me (and my poor husband) miserable. i did order a caliper so i can start measuring body fat %.

sledge: thanks! those are my pride and joy ;) that was several months ago too, hmm, i wonder what theyre looking like now..??

thanks again everyone!

sassy69
01-15-2010, 10:40 PM
wow, thanks everyone! i do feel a bit better...

kbigz81: not really, i dont think :( i think the 4 lbs ive lost in 2 weeks was just water.

sassy: thats just what i needed to hear! your right, all i can do is just keep on keeping on, and if something doesnt work, well theres only one way to find out: trial and error, especially since this is my first show. no use stressing out and getting anxious. itll just make me (and my poor husband) miserable. i did order a caliper so i can start measuring body fat %.

sledge: thanks! those are my pride and joy ;) that was several months ago too, hmm, i wonder what theyre looking like now..??

thanks again everyone!

If ya got da hammies, flaunt 'em!

Competition prep is all about, and ONLY about how you look when you are scheduled to go on stage on the day of your target show. No other day matters. It doesn't matter if you feel fat or think you're looking squishy any day before then. Its important to just keep looking forward and not get hung up on where you're coming from. Mind you, this is not an easy thing to do in itself - something I can tell you about your first show, is that you will learn more about yourself than you ever thought you knew, and how you deal w/ the stresses that come w/ this process. My "behavior management" was an education. For ex, I did my first show at age 35 and was a miserable wreck for most of my prep because I was so obsessed with it. I'm normally a fairly quiet "nice girl from the midwest". On the "low carb day" of my second week of my carb rotation (whole new experience ...!) and I was sitting in a meeting w/ my boss. In this meeting she was getting really nitpicky about the price we were going to set on one of my products (I'm a tech product mgr), and the meeting was starting to run into the 3 hr point since my last meal. I was carb crashing and I went off on her. Just unloaded, out of no where. She had no idea what hit her. I found out months later from a co-worker, that she had commented that that is the only time she's ever seen me get worked up and she still had never figured out why I went ballistic. .. And that is the terrifying power of a "low carb day". Be afraid! Be very afraid! I've since learned how to manage the effects of the extremes of the diet & training so that it doesn't make other people miserable when I decide to compete. But the beauty is that once you get thru all of these first time experiences, you realize that you can survive it and you can then spend your time evaluating your progress and finetuning your plan.

Something else I try to occupy myself with when I do start feeling stress about my progress, is to practice posing. It gives you something else to focus on besides your fears & insecurities. Videotape yourself, watch other competitors on youtube, etc.

tammyp
01-16-2010, 11:18 AM
mattie,
my last show, i started diet at 12 weeks out, didnt lose a lb til 8 weeks out. and was ready 2 weeks early. trust it, and itll happen. do you have a coach or are you doing it on your own?

flick161
01-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Hey Mattie!
Don't freak out, have you got someone who trusts you to take a look at you?
Sometimes the scales don't move, it happens. The more stressed you get, the less likely you'll be to lose... :hmn:

I'm having a hard time, am off-season atm but have cleaned things RIGHT up. Yesterday I had a scheduled cheat (first in 9 days), went out for Turkish with a bunch of peeps I didn't know so well... They got Meze so I joined them, but it wasn't a real full-on cheat because of this. I should feel pleased with myself, but instead I feel really cheated that I didn't do it how I wanted to, now I'm contemplating another cheat... :confused:

mattie o
01-17-2010, 03:08 PM
mattie,
my last show, i started diet at 12 weeks out, didnt lose a lb til 8 weeks out. and was ready 2 weeks early. trust it, and itll happen. do you have a coach or are you doing it on your own?

hey tammy! i dont have a coach per se...my husband has done a competition before, so he sorta helping me along :)

yesterday i went to a competition workshop, but it was more geared towards figure fitness and bikini...i definately want to do bodybuilding! how do i know which suit i can wear? i understant the ones for bbing are different from the figure/bikini ones?? i did learn some good info about the show, tanning, etc...and i won a free entry into the Oregon State NPC show in July! i guess im doin 2 shows! :) he he

had my first refeed, split it between last night and this morning. i sure slept good! :)

all in all, feeling less stressed out, thanks again everyone for you kind words. and your right, flick, the more stress, the less fat lost! (cortisol, hello!!!)

AVBG
01-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Trust what you're doing mattie.. If your system/protocol is sound and your application is consistent.. The FAT will come off.

Sassy is 100% with her advice!

sassy69
01-17-2010, 04:29 PM
hey tammy! i dont have a coach per se...my husband has done a competition before, so he sorta helping me along :)

yesterday i went to a competition workshop, but it was more geared towards figure fitness and bikini...i definately want to do bodybuilding! how do i know which suit i can wear? i understant the ones for bbing are different from the figure/bikini ones?? i did learn some good info about the show, tanning, etc...and i won a free entry into the Oregon State NPC show in July! i guess im doin 2 shows! :) he he

had my first refeed, split it between last night and this morning. i sure slept good! :)

all in all, feeling less stressed out, thanks again everyone for you kind words. and your right, flick, the more stress, the less fat lost! (cortisol, hello!!!)

For BB you need:

1) Pre-Judge:
Plain suit - no decoration. Additionally, no jewelry, etc except basics like a wedding ring. Anecdotally, darker colors are more common. This also helps if you get tanning stuff on them - doesn't show as much.
(it should probably outline this in the requirements / application form from your show's promoter)

2) Night show:
This can be fancier - here's where you could conceivably wear the same type suit as a figure competitor. Doesn't hav to be as decorated up, or could even be the same suit as you wear in the morning. Depends on how much you want to spend on suits.

mattie o
01-17-2010, 07:37 PM
For BB you need:

1) Pre-Judge:
Plain suit - no decoration. Additionally, no jewelry, etc except basics like a wedding ring. Anecdotally, darker colors are more common. This also helps if you get tanning stuff on them - doesn't show as much.
(it should probably outline this in the requirements / application form from your show's promoter)

2) Night show:
This can be fancier - here's where you could conceivably wear the same type suit as a figure competitor. Doesn't hav to be as decorated up, or could even be the same suit as you wear in the morning. Depends on how much you want to spend on suits.

cool, thanks sass. i dont have much to spend on suits, so thats good news.

what kinds of refeeds do you ladies do usually?

mattie o
01-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Also wondering...do u ladies tend to weigh a bit more after a refeed??? I just weighed in at 6 lbs. More thani did Saturday morning, wtf??? Is that ok?

Suzanne
01-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Also wondering...do u ladies tend to weigh a bit more after a refeed??? I just weighed in at 6 lbs. More thani did Saturday morning, wtf??? Is that ok?

of course you do :)

your glycogen is refilled (muscles fill out)
you usually hold water after refeed

but the following week weight has usually dropped lower then before the refeed

and weight is not the only indicator of getting leaner for jr nats 2007 the scale only changed 3lbs but i was significantly leaner

sassy69
01-18-2010, 12:24 PM

Repeat .. RULE #1 of competition prep - throw out your scale!!!!!!!!

You can check it as a number - but remember that that number can only represent the sum total of your bones, your bodyfat, your lean muscle mass and WATER. Any time you see dramatic changes in weight over a very short period of time, ITS WATER. Look at what you ate or any break in the consistency of your training / cardio / sleep and you might see it reflected in the amount of water you hare holding / dumping.

mattie o
01-18-2010, 02:06 PM
*sigh*...i know. i think deep down we all know i knew the answer to this question, but you know when your tired, hungry, sore, etc, its sorta nice for other peeps to confirm... ;) but 7 lbs does seem excessive...hmm.

the other thing i probably wasnt thinking about was that i tend to have a problem with being regular...so that might be a factor as well.

good news is, i did chest and back this morning at 5 am, and it was a GREAT lift! woot!

sassy69
01-18-2010, 02:37 PM
*sigh*...i know. i think deep down we all know i knew the answer to this question, but you know when your tired, hungry, sore, etc, its sorta nice for other peeps to confirm... ;) but 7 lbs does seem excessive...hmm.

the other thing i probably wasnt thinking about was that i tend to have a problem with being regular...so that might be a factor as well.

good news is, i did chest and back this morning at 5 am, and it was a GREAT lift! woot!

You might try including a cap-form colon cleanse w/ your daily supps or a good fiber powder. I would suggest that you take note of how your body responds to the different phases of your prep. Now that you've gone thru 1 refeed and you see a 7lb gain (water), next watch how the scale changes over the next 3-4 days as you go back to the lower cal / carb cycle of your diet - the water will get assimilated back into your system and you should see the scale drop back to where it was roughly before you did the carb up. Then you should see another bump up of about 7 lb when you do the next one. If it happens to coincide w/ "that time of the month" it might be alittle more dramatic due to the estrogen component.

But yes, anywhere from 5-10 lb swing in water weight is not that uncommon.

I would also change your view of carb up days from "OMG the scale went up 7 lb" to "I just uber-fueled! Let's use put this to use in the gym for an incredibly intense workout session!" You should notice some killer lifts in the gym after a good refeed! Every part of a diet has a purpose, so it helps to embrace that purpose instead of "feeling bad" about it. Sure it takes a little mental reworking to dissociate yourself from "fear of gaining weight" and focus on what you are trying to accomplish. That will always override previous perceptions of "how your body is" at any given moment because the only moment that matters is that day on stage. Everything else is just a phase you are passign thru to get there. And those phases all have their own schedule - as I said above - you cant' expect a linear drop in weight - its more important to look at the different phases of your program, and you can acknowledge the micro-level changes (e.g. daily weight change in response to your body's degree of water retention at that moment due to diet change, sleep, stress, etc) but pay attention to the overall trends in how you look, how your clothes fit, how you feel, strength in the gym... and then maybe consider the "importance" of whatever the scale reads. Its so far down the list of "measures of progress" do NOT let it mindfuck you.

flick161
01-19-2010, 06:34 AM
Don't worry about holding water after a re-feed, it'll be gone in 2-3 days :)
Also, if you haven;t got much to spend on suits, consider getting one second-hand, or if you want something to keep you occupied in the evenings whilst you're hungry, you could try blinging one up yourself for the evening show

Competing - such a brain frazz...:dunno:

amy13
01-20-2010, 05:05 PM
just saying "hi" and so happy to find this thread... been living on the keto thread for the past few weeks... but like being with you girls :)

I'm on week 4 of the keto cut... been an experience so far. Sticking with it - glad to hear my scale is not the only one not moving LoL
I look and feel better - clothes much looser but the damn scale is same if not 1 lb heavier since 2 weeks ago! I threw it away already - don't worry - ran over it a few times... set it on fire!!!

stl50
01-20-2010, 07:38 PM
just saying "hi" and so happy to find this thread... been living on the keto thread for the past few weeks... but like being with you girls :)

I'm on week 4 of the keto cut... been an experience so far. Sticking with it - glad to hear my scale is not the only one not moving LoL
I look and feel better - clothes much looser but the damn scale is same if not 1 lb heavier since 2 weeks ago! I threw it away already - don't worry - ran over it a few times... set it on fire!!!

Good for you, the scale is a TOTAL mindfuck!!

The first time I did keto I was sooooo obsesive, like weighing myself every day, sometimes twice a day. I think this was because I had no idea how to diet correctly for my body, and thought the lbs lost was the reward for all my hard work (at that time it was the starvation and endless high intensity cardio...needless to say it wasted away my muscle).

After I finished 16 weeks I was completely blown away at the transformation (fat loss and muscle retention) of my body...

I know that keto isn't for everyone, but it worked wonders for me and helped me understand my body and it's strengths & weaknesses.

sexymilf
01-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Love this diet thread! My situtation is a bit different and I hope there is someone that may have some good advice...I am going to be doing my first comp in Sept. I just had my third baby this past August. I am a nursing mom and I started the keto Jan. 1st. I have noticed a bit of a dip in my milk production the past couple of weeks. I did nurse my two other kids as well so I know that this isn't the norm for me but I am wondering if I should just experiment with the diet since I have a some time before Sept? Maybe add oatmeal 3 days a week at first to see if it makes a difference? Anyone have any experience with this?

Suzanne
01-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Love this diet thread! My situtation is a bit different and I hope there is someone that may have some good advice...I am going to be doing my first comp in Sept. I just had my third baby this past August. I am a nursing mom and I started the keto Jan. 1st. I have noticed a bit of a dip in my milk production the past couple of weeks. I did nurse my two other kids as well so I know that this isn't the norm for me but I am wondering if I should just experiment with the diet since I have a some time before Sept? Maybe add oatmeal 3 days a week at first to see if it makes a difference? Anyone have any experience with this?

i don't think keto is the best choice for a nursing mom
i dont' not feel any overly restrictive nutrition should be used when pregnant or nursing

s2h
01-23-2010, 11:16 AM
I agree w/Suzanne the keto is not good for nursing women and you are not geting a full spectrum of nutrients to your baby do to the lack of carbs.Either do keto and botttle feed or breast feed and get on a normal well balanced diet!

musclemilf
01-23-2010, 11:50 AM
i don't think keto is the best choice for a nursing mom
i dont' not feel any overly restrictive nutrition should be used when pregnant or nursing

^^^^agreed 100% You need a certain amount of calories and nutrients for your milk supply. You have 8 months, which is long ways down the road. Are you planning on weaning your baby anytime soon?

sexymilf
01-23-2010, 01:02 PM
I think you are right. it has only been a few weeks so I think my milk supply should be fine once I resume a normal diet. I was hoping to get a jumpstart on this lingering pregnancy weight but hopefully the continued cardio and training (along with nursing) will really get things moving. Thanks again!

sexymilf
01-23-2010, 01:08 PM
^^^^agreed 100% You need a certain amount of calories and nutrients for your milk supply. You have 8 months, which is long ways down the road. Are you planning on weaning your baby anytime soon?

No not weaning anytime soon. You are absolutely right about the nutrients. I just thought about trying to get this stubborn pregnancy weight off a bit faster but certainly not at the expense of my son's growth! Well i have only been on keto for a few weeks so I know my supply will build back up once I add those carbs again! Thanks for the reality check!

flick161
01-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Soooo, today went to posing club - I feel AMAZING! :yep:

First proper posing practise of 2010 and all of us talking about diet and things that work/don't work - I'm really excited to start putting it all into practise!

mattie o
01-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Hi girls, just checkin in! Things are going well...starting to really see a change in the mirror. :)

Had my first posing class today...please tell me that this was hard for you guys when you first tried it...I SUCKED! Hehe, its hard...I left the class fighting back tears, but its ok, it just drives me to work harder. The trainer told me I should maybe wait and do the next show that comes along, give myself a bit more time...but I am DETERMINED to do the march 27 one, and I have to start somewhere, rigjt?

Any posing tips, lay em on me! Yikes! I was sweatin...I have lots of work to do! :)

Hope everyone is doing well...its sure nice to have all you new pals :)

mattie o
01-24-2010, 10:30 PM
But seriously, HOW DO YOU FLEX YOUR FUCKING LATS?! daaaaaaaaaaaaah!

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Posing tips? Practice, practice and more practice. We all felt the way you do when we started. If I don't practice for a couple of weeks I feel rusty at it when I do start up again. If you have access to a video camera, tape yourself, watch it and correct your mistakes. It takes time to learn.

If you have access to a coach...like from the class...investing in posing lessons would be what I'd do. I learned with a posing coach. It helps tremendously.

Are you doing figure or bodybuilding? I forget.

Suzanne
01-25-2010, 12:29 AM

took me FOREVER

kept being told "just open your back"

well turns out there was nothing to open! now that i have muscle i can open my back

i think if you are actually trying to "flex" your lats you are probably squeezing your shoulder blades together and actually closing your back you actually want to move your shoulder blades outward

mattie o
01-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Posing tips? Practice, practice and more practice. We all felt the way you do when we started. If I don't practice for a couple of weeks I feel rusty at it when I do start up again. If you have access to a video camera, tape yourself, watch it and correct your mistakes. It takes time to learn.

If you have access to a coach...like from the class...investing in posing lessons would be what I'd do. I learned with a posing coach. It helps tremendously.

Are you doing figure or bodybuilding? I forget.

bodybuilding. yup, i think ill try and get as many lessons in as i can...the bummer is, i have to drive an hour to them. but hey, even if i go to a handful of them, learn the basics, and then can practice on my own...thats better than nothin! toward the end of the class, i sorta started to get a "feel" for it. and in the gym this morning, i thought i'd try and flex my lats...and BOOM! there they were! yay.

thanks for your support ladies! :)

mattie o
01-25-2010, 09:38 PM
took me FOREVER

kept being told "just open your back"

well turns out there was nothing to open! now that i have muscle i can open my back

i think if you are actually trying to "flex" your lats you are probably squeezing your shoulder blades together and actually closing your back you actually want to move your shoulder blades outward

makes total sense! thanks very much :) glad im not the only one who thought "this'll take me for-friggin-ever!"

flick161
01-26-2010, 04:05 PM
I was aching EVERYWHERE!!! I've just had a year out and despite doing the odd pose at home, this is the first time in 18 months... It reminded me how much more I gotta practise! I always do it once/twice a week, after workout and cardio when I'm DEAD!

Lat spread: The only way I can do it is to put my arms out slightly, shrug up and then push down and that's how I get my back to spread out.

To squeeze your lats, stand in stance and get someone to put their hands/arms inside yours and get them to push out, you have to keep their arms in place by pushing in. Get used to that sensation and that's what you're looking for!

sassy69
01-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Lat spreads are an art form. Took me sooo many years to figure them out & still working on them. These in particular I find there's a lot to be said for "visualizing" which muscles you need to engage & how they should feel. And because its your back, unless you have a video camera all the time or a great mirror set up, you can't see the damn thing while you do it - so its even more dependent upon feeling.

essmonet03
01-27-2010, 12:17 PM

I know I had that same issue when I first started out... even though I am a figure girl. It does get frustrating. But practice and have someone that you know guide you through it. You will be sore doing it but once you get it down its well worth it. Because then you are able to see how much work you put in for them... very rewarding! :yep:

mattie o
01-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks everyone! I've been practicing, staring to get the hang of the lats. I have another class this Sunday.

Scott ordered me a suit that he found on clearance online...wow. I can't wait till these little love handles go away!

lilfitgirl
01-28-2010, 11:36 AM
so im on my first contest prep diet, its an adjustment, but i make it work.

im just curious if anyone else gets this feeling...
ive been on for almost 6 weeks now and now i feel tired all day but then when i go to bed i have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep
i lay in bed wat feels like forever until i fall asleep and then will wake up wide awake in the middle of the night and be awake for a good 45 min. then of course im tired all over agian the next morning???

sassy69
01-28-2010, 11:45 AM
What type diet are you using & are you getting enough calories?

The problem w/ where you're at is that you're stressing your body to the point that its affecting the quality of your recovery. Bad recovery = cortisol = impact to fat loss.

Have you tried any OTC sleep aids like Nytol or any of that? Are you distracted when you try to sleep like your brain won't settle down? Sometimes just taking 1 aspirin will relax things so you can finally drift off & fall asleep. 25 mg/ night Pramipexole also works (chek the Chem Profiles forum for description).

lilfitgirl
01-28-2010, 12:06 PM
im usin a basic eat every 3 hours diet with eggs, oatmeal and grapefruit in the morning followed by meals of chicken, greens and almonds the rest of the day - protein shake post workout...carb refeed every 3rd nite

and yes my mind is always busy (full time college student who works and is training lol)

ive honestly thaught about some low level sleep aides, but i dont know how they would affect me

sassy69
01-28-2010, 01:44 PM
im usin a basic eat every 3 hours diet with eggs, oatmeal and grapefruit in the morning followed by meals of chicken, greens and almonds the rest of the day - protein shake post workout...carb refeed every 3rd nite

and yes my mind is always busy (full time college student who works and is training lol)

ive honestly thaught about some low level sleep aides, but i dont know how they would affect me

Try the aspirin first - just 1 aspirin. Nothing aggressive. It just gets you to relax a little and sort out the chaos in your mind.

I've used Nytol w/ no issues at all. Its like taking an Excedrin PM - the diphenhydromine HCl is the "sleep" component. It doesn't leave you all messed up in the morning like Nyquil, Benadryl, etc that have alcohol in them. Try it on a weekend night so you have no concerns about waking up all fuzzy. You shouldn't tho.

musclemilf
01-28-2010, 02:30 PM
You might want to try 500mgs of magnesium as a relaxation/sleep aid. Make sure you get the kind that doesn't give you the trots. I highly recommend Jigsaw Healths brand Magnesium SRT.

Melissa
01-28-2010, 02:37 PM

There's always good ol' melatonin, which you can get in pretty much any health food store. And it's pretty inexpensive.

amy13
01-28-2010, 05:22 PM
There's always good ol' melatonin, which you can get in pretty much any health food store. And it's pretty inexpensive.

I second the melatonin - really does work. Maybe your fiber before bed too - help you feel full and settled? I do my "oatmeal" - phusk, a tad wheat bran and stevia warmed up.

sassy69
01-28-2010, 05:25 PM

A hitch w/ melatonin is finding the dose that works best for you. I need to stay at around 1 mg or less. More than that (it comes in units of like 1 mg, 3 mg, 5 mg) I zone out for an hour or two, and then start having some pretty wild ass psychadelic dreams, and then spend the rest of the night staring at the ceiling.

lilfitgirl
01-28-2010, 07:39 PM
A hitch w/ melatonin is finding the dose that works best for you. I need to stay at around 1 mg or less. More than that (it comes in units of like 1 mg, 3 mg, 5 mg) I zone out for an hour or two, and then start having some pretty wild ass psychadelic dreams, and then spend the rest of the night staring at the ceiling.

haha well ive been havin the seriously weird dreams lately and i do the same thing wake up from them and then stair at the ceiling for an hour b4 i can fall back asleep, but thats without drugs hahaha

Melissa
01-28-2010, 08:24 PM

Very true, though I've never experienced the crazy dreams from melatonin that so many people say they get. I tend to need a bulldozer to put me out when I'm dieting, so melatonin eventually becomes useless for me.

Suzanne
01-28-2010, 09:08 PM
I am using melatonin again this time no crazy dreams

flick161
01-31-2010, 04:34 AM
Started diet tyesterday WOOP GO!!! :yep:

sassy69
01-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Started diet tyesterday WOOP GO!!! :yep:
Let the fun begin!

flick161
02-02-2010, 07:20 AM
I've had nightmares (2 to 3 a night) everyday since I've started prep! :confused:No idea why - no melatonin, no supps really - how annoying is that!

flick161
02-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Have had the worst tummy pains since 3am this morning! They kept me awake all night! :mad: Did manage to train today, am thinking I'm either blocked up or it's trapped wind - either way it's flippin annoying me!!! :angry:

02-04-2010, 06:31 PM
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh I hate cutting for photoshoots................I hate tilapia.........

02-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Have had the worst tummy pains since 3am this morning! They kept me awake all night! :mad: Did manage to train today, am thinking I'm either blocked up or it's trapped wind - either way it's flippin annoying me!!! :angry:

Could be IBS.....

flick161
02-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Think my system just got blocked up going from tuna to Turkey this week... All's fine now :)

Am pretty hungry today :drool:

SarahBarrick
02-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Hey y'all. I'm sittin' at 5 weeks out from the West Texas Classic now. Everything seems fine, but I'm getting to that mental hysteria that I seem to always get this close. hah! Thought this thread looked pretty cool, since motivation and a kick in the ass is always appreciated. hehe

sassy69
02-21-2010, 04:16 PM
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh I hate cutting for photoshoots................I hate tilapia.........

The results are worth it mama! Lookin HAWT!

fitness_girl
02-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Additional useful diet tips for figure competition can be found at

www.modelsobserver.com/training.html (http://www.modelsobserver.com/training.html) (competition diet (http://www.modelsobserver.com/training.html), written by IFBB Pro Jennifer Searles)

and

www.modelsobserver.com/Jenny.html (http://www.modelsobserver.com/Jenny.html) (Ms. Figure Olympia (http://www.modelsobserver.com/Jenny.html) interview)

~gymdiva~
02-26-2010, 11:19 PM
I reached a different place in a prep diet yesterday while doing cardio....I was trying to find a focal point while doing my uphill trek and focused on my ipod....then I had to stop as I realized I was getting hungry from staring at the word "MENU"....true story :hypno:

sassy69
02-27-2010, 03:47 AM
I reached a different place in a prep diet yesterday while doing cardio....I was trying to find a focal point while doing my uphill trek and focused on my ipod....then I had to stop as I realized I was getting hungry from staring at the word "MENU"....true story :hypno:

Yikes!

I've had a few moments when I was keto'ing last year, esp that stretch between the USAs & the NAs... they kept showing pizza everywhere. The commericals, commercials for that damn Diners, Dives, etc where they were going to a real NY pizza parlor, etc. That was brutal

I'm still finding hoodia really works for me. I'm running w/ that.

Amber-Leigh
02-27-2010, 07:28 AM
Hey Ladies,

What do you do when you have little slip ups in the diet? For example I am so dedicted then it gets close to the end of the day and I am craving PB like it's no ones business (it's not in my diet right now). And I end up having a tbsp of it!

Not a big deal but it still makes me feel like a failure for the day?

sassy69
02-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Hey Ladies,

What do you do when you have little slip ups in the diet? For example I am so dedicted then it gets close to the end of the day and I am craving PB like it's no ones business (it's not in my diet right now). And I end up having a tbsp of it!

Not a big deal but it still makes me feel like a failure for the day?

That's all? Hon, that ain't nothing. There are at least 3 jars of PB I literally threw off the deck of my house in Atlanta while I was dieting for show in 2005. That's what it took to get it away from me.

My question is are you craving or are you hungry? I also think if you're craving PB, you might be low on fats in your diet.

Other alternatives are some protein mix, sugar-free jello, etc.

Frankly no one dies if you "slip' a little. But take a look at what you're doing & see what is the real source of the urge & figure out a way to deal w/ it.

Otherwise just drink lots of water & keep your hands occupied so you're not fixating on the thought of a cheat.

~gymdiva~
02-28-2010, 10:22 PM
I just always remind myself that my competition is not slipping up....if I have to I'll take a benadryl or tylenol pm and go to bed....well, if it's at the end of the day ;)

~gymdiva~
02-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Yikes!

I've had a few moments when I was keto'ing last year, esp that stretch between the USAs & the NAs... they kept showing pizza everywhere. The commericals, commercials for that damn Diners, Dives, etc where they were going to a real NY pizza parlor, etc. That was brutal

I'm still finding hoodia really works for me. I'm running w/ that.

I actually started laughing friday while on the stepmill b/c an Eattman's (or however it's spelled) truck went by with a giant pic of two chocolate doughnuts! there's a tease for you!

although it's a bigger tease to see the Sonic in the same parking lot....just teasing me with tater tots....

LiaVT
03-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi Ladies, I'm 8 weeks out today from my show. It's so funny reading the past posts about pb and the crazy addiction we all have to it, I'm not alone. I've been finding myself cheating once a week, on pb usually, the I feel horible the next day, like I cheated on my boyfriend or something.

It always happens at night too, I eat perfect all day, then it hits and I want to binge. It has been better this prep over the past 8 weeks than my prep last fall when it happened a lot more. Last night was bad though, it happened again, except I started with SF Jello, ended up eating all six in the package trying to prevent eating other calorie dense foods, then I had a small supreme protein bar, from a sample package. That was already way off the diet, then I ate 2 more of those and ate with my finger out of the pb jar. AHHHH!

I thought this seemed like the right place to "confess my sins", I'm trying not to stress about it, last week I got really down on myself. Move on, keep working hard

LiaVT
03-07-2010, 12:53 PM
On another note, I see that a lot of you are doing Dave's keto diet. Have any of you had trouble getting fully depleted when starting the diet for fat loss to really kick in? I started off on keto, and then my weight was fluctuating a lot, my coach said I wasn't depleting fast enough, so now I am low carb, high intensity cardio to deplete my stores. Just wondering if this is common with a lot of other women dieting on keto.