PDA

View Full Version : Joe D low growth hormone situation possible causes and explanations

hydroweighed4.0%bf
03-22-2012, 01:00 PM
JOE d - if you are not producing or releasing growth hormone, then it would be an issue with your anterior pituitary gland or your hypothalamus however, a quick check of the secondary glands which the anterior pituitary stimulates would indicate proper functioning. the anterior pituitary is responsible fro adrenocorticotropic hormone and thyroid stimulating hormone and follicular stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone. you should get your thyroid gland, and adrenal gland tests done to see if those secondary glands are working so get ur thyroxine and triiodothyronine for ur thyroid and get your cortisol and aldosterone levels checked for proper adrenal functioning. If ur thyroid and adrenal tests come back normal then you might be having an issue with the negative feedback loop involved in stimulating the hypothalamus to stimulate the anterior pituitary gland. somatostatin (growth hormone inhibiting hormone) inhibits the release of GH and TSH. So, you should get that checked as well to determine whether or not you are actually have an issue with ur anterior pituitary's ability to produce GH or if the anterior pituitary is somehow being inhibited from releasing GH by somatostatin. If your labs presented with low GH levels and higher somatostatin levels this could be indicative of an issue with the hypothalamus. As the hypothalamus is responsible for many endocrine functions, it would be something that you would need to report to an endocrinologist. A poorly functioning hypothalamus puts you at risk for problems with hunger, thirst, blood pressure, electrolyte imbalances, and cardiovascular problems as well as altered circadian rhythms which can have an impact on immune system functioning putting you at an increased risk for acquistion of infection both viral and bacterial in origin. I would like to know the results of these tests if and when you decide to get them done or if you have already had them done.

hydroweighed4.0%bf
03-22-2012, 01:07 PM
I know that i have read previously where you had indicated that you are on a script for testosterone replacement therapy as a result of long term external androgen use, so get ur LH and FSH levels checked would not be useful at this point for anterior pituitary functioning. Also, what exactly where ur serum plasma levels of GH if and when you had them checked? And if you did have those specifically checked, then I'm sure you would have had your Igf-1 levels checked as well. And it would be helpful to know those as well. I would like to see if I could help you in getting your gh levels back to normal with or without the use of peptides.

joe d
03-22-2012, 07:20 PM
I know that i have read previously where you had indicated that you are on a script for testosterone replacement therapy as a result of long term external androgen use, so get ur LH and FSH levels checked would not be useful at this point for anterior pituitary functioning. Also, what exactly where ur serum plasma levels of GH if and when you had them checked? And if you did have those specifically checked, then I'm sure you would have had your Igf-1 levels checked as well. And it would be helpful to know those as well. I would like to see if I could help you in getting your gh levels back to normal with or without the use of peptides.

gh < 0.1 ng/ml
igf-1 105 ng/ml

joe d
03-22-2012, 07:37 PM
thyroid is also crap along with all pituitary hormones. also i do have cardio vascular issues, blood circulation issues, immune system issues, high bp, zero energy, moments of delerium, hot flashes, and i am also diabetic. 1 big freaking mess with no medical insurance so the loads of testing is out lol. as of now im on test 200mg ew, hcg 500iu 2x per week, and adex .5mg 3x per week. im about ready to start t3 and t4 for the thyroid issues. i am on lisinopril for the bp. i do not use insulin but i eat a very low carb diet rich in lean proteins, veggies, and nuts. most of the carbs i do get are from the veggies and small servings of fruit and berries throughout the day.

things are about to get real shitty starting tomorrow as i start working out in the heat while on antibiotics for my cellulitis ive been fighting with for 6 months now haha.

so theres the long list i have for you to go by. i may have left some things out haha

s2h
03-22-2012, 07:53 PM
And i thought i had issues....btw...hows the trt treating you?..

joe d
03-22-2012, 07:56 PM
And i thought i had issues....btw...hows the trt treating you?..

yea its pretty shitty lol but its not all bad. trt is going well. big improvement.

hydroweighed4.0%bf
03-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Joe D, the symptoms you are describing are indicative of a possible pituitary adenoma. I don't know if this may have already been brought up by the physician who is prescribing your androgen therapy but if not, I would definitely not skip out on taking the necessary precautions in your situation. Altered thyroid and adrenal functioning are potentially life threatening. Altered gonadotropin excretion can be treated with external androgen therapy and is usually not life threatening. Specifically, the fact that you said you had hypertension, fatigue, diabetes mellitus, and hot flashes, along with GH levels that low are all specific symptoms that are usually present in the case of a pituitary adenoma. I may be completely wrong as I do not have all your HX and obviously cannot do an assessment and get your lab work but if you have not had this ruled out by your personal physician than I would recommend, you take a precautionary measure and do so. this goes way beyond just getting your GH levels back to normal, if all those other issues are going on. And without further quantitative data, there is no way to give any recommendations without the risk of possibly exacerbating an underlying undiagnosed condition.

joe d
03-23-2012, 06:44 AM
i do not think it is a tumor. this has been going on for a couple years now with no change.

ill look into an mri soon. first i have to get rid of this staph crap and this fight alone is breaking the bank.

nsp
03-23-2012, 11:01 AM
And i thought i had issues....

Yea man, now all of a sudden my inverted nipples don't seem so bad after all.

joe d
03-23-2012, 11:21 AM
ahhh it aint all that bad. thats just my list of negatives for the op who was/is looking to help me out. theres plenty of good also.

to the op are you a medical professional?

hydroweighed4.0%bf
03-23-2012, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE=to the op are you a medical professional?[/QUOTE]

I have 1.5 years left of supervised rotations before I can practice independently. so for the sake of my licensing, i want to state explicitly that i am not claiming to be a medical professional. I am only stating my opinion on your particular situation purely for informational purposes b/c I have a vested self interest in preventative medicine and anti-aging medicine. Nothing I have said is in anyway shape form or fashion in attempt on my part to diagnose or treat but only to offer my opinion with the hope to, in a good Samaritan fashion, help you make the best personal decision for yourself based on how you deem fit.

joe d
03-23-2012, 07:45 PM
I have 1.5 years left of supervised rotations before I can practice independently. so for the sake of my licensing, i want to state explicitly that i am not claiming to be a medical professional. I am only stating my opinion on your particular situation purely for informational purposes b/c I have a vested self interest in preventative medicine and anti-aging medicine. Nothing I have said is in anyway shape form or fashion in attempt on my part to diagnose or treat but only to offer my opinion with the hope to, in a good Samaritan fashion, help you make the best personal decision for yourself based on how you deem fit.
haha all bases covered. cool i was just wondering because you seemed to be very well educated. thanks again for your concern/interest. glad to hear your near the end. i have a cousin that just finished up a couple years ago. she is a surgeon.