PDA

View Full Version : early morning workouts

orhochris
02-12-2009, 12:56 PM
baby's due in a couple months and I think early morning (prework) training is going to be my only option. I recently received wtf pumped and it says that you shouldn't eat within 40 minutes or so of taking it. am I better off waking up with a protein shake and some carbs first thing in the morning before the gym...

or should I have a protein/fat/carb meal before bed ( so I don't wake up as empty) and then down the wtf pumped first thing out of bed... then drink a protein shake before the workout starts when I arive?

thoughts? suggestions.

on non-lifting days I will be waking up early and doing fasted cardio before breakfast low intenstiy.

militantmuscle
02-12-2009, 01:01 PM
I'd do the meal the first thing when you wake up, make it something that can be consumed quickly, that way you can take the WTF Pump'd before your workout and still follow their recommendations.

Legend
02-12-2009, 03:27 PM
I'd do the meal the first thing when you wake up, make it something that can be consumed quickly, that way you can take the WTF Pump'd before your workout and still follow their recommendations.

Agreed.

becks
02-13-2009, 09:27 AM
I train first thing in the morning, usually within 30mins of waking and find any meal/shake effects my energy.

I usually get a pre-workout drink (NO Xplode, SupPump 250 etc...) with some BCAA's as soon as I wake, then sip on Scivations Xtend and creatine through out the workout. Post-workout I will eat my first meal and then continue with the rest of my meals for the day.

I feel that if your nutrition is in check through out the day/week, then you will be fine.

Try different things, whole food, shake, pre-workout drink, etc.... and see which works best for you.

musclegoddess65
02-13-2009, 09:30 AM
I train at 4 or 4:30 am... and I can't eat before I train... tried it, makes me sick...

I do try and make sure I have a good source of protien before going to sleep at night. By the time I get done, I'm starving... usually take in a shake, quick and easy to get in...

Jason Newman
02-13-2009, 03:02 PM
in the morning it depends on what ive got in the cupboard,
Personally like NO SHOTGUN had 20g protein and aminos
after that i would add extra aminos to something like superpump or your WTF, that wil cover you for the workout if its about 1hr,
if you're looking for more size gain and not fat loss i would add full protein to your WTF< never saw a difference when taking with or without food.
and then have your postworkout

Jason Newman
02-13-2009, 03:03 PM
also if you really need it get up early liek 2hrs before, then go back to sleep that way you're covered for your workout, depends on how your stomach feels

orhochris
02-13-2009, 04:09 PM
thats a thought... when I was dc training I would down a shake with pb befroe bed... then have another shake when I woek up in the middle of the night... that would pbrobalby cover my nutritional needs then do the energy drink/preworkout stuff when I wak and get to the gym... then standard postworkout nutrition when I leave...

thanks guys... good htoughts.

Sandpig
02-13-2009, 06:00 PM
I too train first thing in the morning. It's a pre-workout supp before, then during training it's carbs and aminos. Then a big breakfast ASAP when done.

Mouse
02-14-2009, 11:44 PM
I do most of my training very early in the morning and 30-60 minutes prior I have 2 scoops of whey, a packet of oatmeal and sometimes a banana or apple. I keep it pretty light as I don't like training on a full stomach. Afterward I'll have a PWS and then proper meals from there on in.

AmyLynn
02-15-2009, 12:54 PM
I train first thing in the morning, usually within 30mins of waking and find any meal/shake effects my energy.

I usually get a pre-workout drink (NO Xplode, SupPump 250 etc...) with some BCAA's as soon as I wake, then sip on Scivations Xtend and creatine through out the workout. Post-workout I will eat my first meal and then continue with the rest of my meals for the day.

I feel that if your nutrition is in check through out the day/week, then you will be fine.

Try different things, whole food, shake, pre-workout drink, etc.... and see which works best for you.

It looks like you are already getting in some pre-workout nutrition, the pre-workout drink has carbs and the BCAA's will give you protein.

happyandfatty
03-02-2009, 08:40 PM
have a banana and some yogurt w/granola before your workout, shake before and after your workout!!!