PDA

View Full Version : Coming out of retirement! LOL!

RealLilSwole
03-30-2012, 04:49 AM
Hey all! Well I'm back. Been MIA for a while. Lots have went on since I've been on here. Kind of lost my focus, honestly thought I was done with competing. Well the competition bug bit me and here we are. Not a lot of state level fbb shows out there to requaliy for nationals so 3 weeks ago I began prep for the Bev Francis show in nyc. I'm doing this prep a little differently. This will be the first prep that I'm not going to worry over the scale. Hopefully we can save that for nationals, lol. Watching the mirror this time although I still report my weight to my coach Jason Theobold every morning.

I will elaborate what in all has happened over this past year in some of my following posts. But for now, have a blessed day!

juiceinator3000
03-30-2012, 07:09 AM
Wow coming all the way from Kentucky! I'll be at PJ good luck :)

RealLilSwole
03-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Wow coming all the way from Kentucky! I'll be at PJ good luck :)

Thanks! But I'm coming from maryland. I'm up here for work.

swingslammer
03-30-2012, 09:50 PM
So you are doing the traveling Nurse thing still? Remember if you do not have the dogs anymore you can always come and visit Hawaii.....it is NICE here. Good luck with your prep.

The Prodigy
03-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Welcome back girl! Maryland??? Did you move! I want the 411 lady! Hugs!!!

RealLilSwole
03-31-2012, 09:42 AM
So you are doing the traveling Nurse thing still? Remember if you do not have the dogs anymore you can always come and visit Hawaii.....it is NICE here. Good luck with your prep.

Yea I started in August. Was in Hartford Connecticut for 18 weeks. Then I came to elkton Maryland. It's ok here but I loved Hartford. I wish Hawaii!! But I still have my pooches!

RealLilSwole
03-31-2012, 10:14 AM
Welcome back girl! Maryland??? Did you move! I want the 411 lady! Hugs!!!

Thanks! Hugs back to you girl. I am travel nursing now. Just in Maryland for a job. My home still Kentucky.

IslandGirl
04-01-2012, 03:00 AM
Welcome back to the stage!!! Best of luck on your prep.

I'll probably be in Maryland in Oct! Hope to see you!

RealLilSwole
04-02-2012, 04:38 AM
Welcome back to the stage!!! Best of luck on your prep.

I'll probably be in Maryland in Oct! Hope to see you!

I would love to see you but I hope I get out of here by then, lol. Its a small hospital and I miss the action of a level one trauma center.

RealLilSwole
04-02-2012, 11:31 AM
I had a good weekend. Weight was at a new low. It wasn't budgeing there for a moment, but like I said I am no going to worry. Got an appointment with IFBB Pro Fred Smalls this evening to discuss some personal training and posing. I need someone to push me on back and my glute ham tie in.....hell I need to find my glute ham tie in......hahahaha!

RealLilSwole
04-03-2012, 11:15 AM
I saw Fred Smalls last night. I am very excited to get some training by him. I haven't had a personal trainer in years! I really need someone pushing me right now. I can be quite lazy in the gym. LOL! Especially on back and legs. Waiting on Jason to send me my diet changes. My weight keeps going up and down, up and down. GRRR!! But I'm really trying not to worry. HA!

Either way, I am excited to see what happens for my first show. I think I got a good team. Jason Theobald for my nutrition and Fred for posing and some training! And of course my sweet husband!! He is my number one cheerleader. Heck, if it wasn't for him, I probably would of called it quits on competing!! LOL!! Especially with me travel nursing now. Its cool going to different cites, different restaurants, good wine! lol...... WINE - exactly why I am in the situation I'm in now.....wine = FAT bootie, no PHAT bootie. lol

OK, back to surgery for me. HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

Andersen
04-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Glad you are back Christina.

Just curious is your hair still short, or is it long again?

Kim McGuire
04-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Hey girlie! I'm pretty sure you no longer have to requalify for fbb. I'll double check but our state chairman said at the Governors meeting it was announced that fbb don't have to qualify for nationals any more. >>>>>brb

RealLilSwole
04-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Glad you are back Christina.

Just curious is your hair still short, or is it long again?

Its short. LOL! The long hair was paid for....lol. Extentions.

RealLilSwole
04-10-2012, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE=kim ferrell;1643160]Hey girlie! I'm pretty sure you no longer have to requalify for fbb. I'll double check but our state chairman said at the Governors meeting it was announced that fbb don't have to qualify for nationals any more. >>>>>brb[/QUOTE
Hey did you find anything out? I heard that you don't have to place at the state show, but at least done a state NPC before going on to Nationals.

RealLilSwole
04-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Weight is back up. GRRRRR. Getting BF done tonight by Fred to see if we are progressing. I look leaner but even though I say I'm not worrying about the scale, it's still in the back of my mind. I honestly think I am just gaining some of the muscle back that I lost from not training so hard the last few months. But who knows. Will know more later. Will post what I find out later on. Have a great one!!

The Prodigy
04-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Don't get frustrated with the scale...could be gas, water, constipation, muscle...a million things...follow that mirror!

IslandGirl
04-12-2012, 03:55 AM
I would love to see you but I hope I get out of here by then, lol. Its a small hospital and I miss the action of a level one trauma center.

Oh ok. I missed that you were there for work. Well...maybe, jus maybe I'll see you. If not, then hopefully Nats!

Hey did you find anything out? I heard that you don't have to place at the state show, but at least done a state NPC before going on to Nationals.

This is what I heard too. You still have to compete at a NQ show, but no matter placing you qualify to go on to a National show.

Kim McGuire
04-12-2012, 01:24 PM
The npc hasn't updated their site for awhile with qualification requirements. From what i remember, you just have to have competed at some time in the NPC. I'll see our chairman saturday, we have a show to judge, so I'll get clarification. You might want to call the npc office as well.

Suzanne
04-12-2012, 02:11 PM
You will have to compete in a NQ sicne you haven't been on stage in awhile but placing does not matter

Sunnyday
04-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Hey, girl! Cannot believe I missed your thread! I live in North East and train in Elkton! Glad to be following along through your prep!

RealLilSwole
04-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Hey, girl! Cannot believe I missed your thread! I live in North East and train in Elkton! Glad to be following along through your prep!

Thats awesome!!! Where do you train? Maybe we could train together sometime!

RealLilSwole
04-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Well I got my BF done this week. According to the callipers I dropped 3.5 pounds of fat and gained it back in leam body mass. So I'll take it. Probably why not much of a drop in weight.

Fred is def a great trainer. He is pushing me hard, makes me push a lot of weight....(Ive became quite lazy,lol) But already seeing improvements in my physique. So I am happy with that for now.

Sunnyday
04-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Congrats on the bf loss and muscle gain! I've heard nothing but great things about Fred from peeps in the area.

I train in the mornings at the Y in Elkton. Only place in the area that has childcare and is close enough to my kids' schools to get it all done and still have a life with my family. Plus it is budget friendly. You're welcome to join me any time, just PM me. I'm guessing it is just a few minutes from the hospital where you're working at - given that there is only one SMALL hospital around here, LOL! I caution you that it is not hardcore like what you are probably used to, but it is where I must be. However, they just got in a brand-spanking new leg press that is quite nice. I got to take on a test drive yesterday and today I am walking like an old lady, LOL!

The Prodigy
04-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Have you picked a NQ show to do? In KENTUCKY maybe?

I need to escape and come see my Kentucky peeps! I miss you guys!

RealLilSwole
04-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Have you picked a NQ show to do? In KENTUCKY maybe?

I need to escape and come see my Kentucky peeps! I miss you guys!

Ahhh we miss you too!!! But I am in Maryland working right now. I am doing the Bev Francis in New York City June 2nd. My body is finally starting to drop fat. I am holding my weight at 135. I think I am going to FINALLY be a bigger girl this year. lol. But I guess we will see.

RealLilSwole
04-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Well my hubby has been gone for a week and a half and he will be gone for another week and a half. So 3 weeks total he is in Minneapolis for training for his job! I miss him so much! So I just been busting my ass at the gym for this show...taking my anxiety out there. I am starting to come together though. People starting to notice I am getting leaner. So I feel good about that. Was starting to worry. My bootie still behind but that is always last thing to go. UGH! I am really excited about getting on stage again. Its been too long!!!!!!!!

RealLilSwole
04-20-2012, 08:39 AM
I was down another 2 pounds today. So now I am sitting at 133.2. I am getting really excited for my cheat meal on Saturday!!!!!! LOL!. I have training tonight with Fred Smalls. We working shoulders and biceps. He has been killing me but he is exactly what I needed for training!!

Z33ACV2
04-20-2012, 08:51 AM
I was down another 2 pounds today. So now I am sitting at 133.2. I am getting really excited for my cheat meal on Saturday!!!!!! LOL!. I have training tonight with Fred Smalls. We working shoulders and biceps. He has been killing me but he is exactly what I needed for training!!

That's great to hear. :)

Sunnyday
04-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Congrats on the 2-lb drop!

RealLilSwole
04-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Congrats on the 2-lb drop!

Thanks Girl!!

RealLilSwole
04-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Well, I got my butt kicked last night by Fred. We worked shoulders and biceps. He is so mean....lol. KIDDING! My shoulders and chest were so vascular during my workout. My butt is still lagging....grrrr. But that is the normal. On the good note, I was down another pound today. So that puts me at 132.4 for the week. Looking forward to my cheat meal!! Looking like I am going to be a loner tonight. My hubby is still out of town. I invitied one of the nurses I work with to go with me, but she is doing family stuff today. One thing about travel nursing that sucks......is that all my friends are 9 hours away. So I will be by myself tonight. :( LOL.

I am on call today til 7pm. I am here at the hospital now. Got called in for a hand fracture. Hopefully there will be no more call today.

Til LATER!

Sunnyday
04-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Hey girl! PM me ANY time you are a loner and you are welcome to come hang with me!

swingslammer
04-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Hey Christina, I am in the Army and had to total up all the time I have been away from my wife for some paperwork. In 13 years of being married I have been apart from her and the family a little under 4 years total....the longest time? We saw each other 6 weeks total over a 2 year and 2 month span. I did pick this job though? When I am home I get to see alot of her and the kids though.....sometimes too much for her liking I think?

Glad to hear things are going well with your workouts though, See you, Cal

RealLilSwole
04-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Hey girl! PM me ANY time you are a loner and you are welcome to come hang with me!

Aww thanks girl! That is sweet!!!

RealLilSwole
04-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. I don't get on Rxmuscle.com on my home computer anymore because the last time I did, I got a terrible trojan virus that destroyed my computer. So now I am using my hubby's computer and it is government issued so I CAN NOT RISK a virus on there. So I only use computer at work to come on here.

Anyway. Things are still going well. Had two great workout sessions with Fred Smalls this week and one with Michelle Brent on Sunday. I LOVE HER! Thinking about going back to Connecticut just to train with her some more before Nationals. She is so sweet and so encourgaging. Getting leaner.....just wish my legs would start coming in a little more. Grrrr. Plus I still got a bootie. Weight has been around 131 - 132.

Well til next time! PS....my hubby comes home tomorrow. He has been gone three weeks for training for his job. I "expect" some Extra cardio this weekend. hehehehe

Andersen
04-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. I don't get on Rxmuscle.com on my home computer anymore because the last time I did, I got a terrible trojan virus that destroyed my computer. So now I am using my hubby's computer and it is government issued so I CAN NOT RISK a virus on there. So I only use computer at work to come on here.

Anyway. Things are still going well. Had two great workout sessions with Fred Smalls this week and one with Michelle Brent on Sunday. I LOVE HER! Thinking about going back to Connecticut just to train with her some more before Nationals. She is so sweet and so encourgaging. Getting leaner.....just wish my legs would start coming in a little more. Grrrr. Plus I still got a bootie. Weight has been around 131 - 132.

Well til next time! PS....my hubby comes home tomorrow. He has been gone three weeks for training for his job. I "expect" some Extra cardio this weekend. hehehehe

Stay focused with that peddle to the metal Christina.
The payoff will come soon enough. Kill it on the cardio too.

Kim McGuire
04-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Hey girl, found out what Tracy and Suzanne said are correct, you no longer have to 'qualify' per se but yes, you have to do a NQ show prior to nationals. Getting back on stage before nationals will make you feel better anyway. It did me last year after not having competed for almost 2 years. Just like riding a bike!!! Hope you're doing well !!;)

RealLilSwole
05-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Been a crazy week at work. Weight has been up and down. GRRRR. Jason is probably going to cut my calories and add more cardio. I am up to 1 hour and 40 minutes now. SUCKS> I hate cardio. I can't believe I am 4 weeks out but I think I look at least 8 weeks out. But thats what I get for trying to get ready in 12 weeks rather than my 16 week normal. GRRRRRRR.

RealLilSwole
05-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Weight back down today. SHEW. 4 weeks to go. Getting kind of nervous. Time to get my music and things together.

Andersen
06-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Weight back down today. SHEW. 4 weeks to go. Getting kind of nervous. Time to get my music and things together.

Congrats Christina on your 2012 Atlantic States overall victory.

swingslammer
06-12-2012, 05:22 PM
I saw that on here....you looked good. So did it reignite the fires or make you think twice about competing again?