PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find what I need for WPD

Bronwyn
04-02-2012, 06:02 AM
I just made my first WPD debut, anyway I ended up 5th and 8th - always at the end of the field. And according which girls (bodytypes) were ahead of me - I realized it was not only my soft conditioning which I think sucks and was no way good - but also my size, or maybe better said - the width, as I do not think I was more muscular than others.

I want to notice I take mainly the second show as a model one case - as this was bigger, more girls, more various bodytypes. I want to just notice on competitions I was, judges prefered ripped and partially hard girls over the softies (what I was). I ended up 8th out of 9, I beated this one girl, however some (3) judges placed me last place here - and her put over me. Especially from this judging I think the size is a problem too....

Here is a picture of me on stage and the lineup, I post also the video of comparisons as I think on video all is more visible than from pics.

Info about the video - blonde girl was 3rd, ripped woman ended up 6th, dark blue suit girl ended up last and the tall one was the only one competitor from B class... rated separatelly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRJqokVbJn8

Questions to you judges on RX board:

1. What do you think was BIGGER fault here - was it my not good conditioning (I know about ) or a size?

2. What can I do when I can not reduce my width as it is bone-given (especially hips+shoulders width, waist was 23,4" here)?

3. Do you think with better conditioning I am able to make, what is aprox. 5-10 lbs lighter (133-135 lbs this competition on 5´3,75" frame - so I am able to downsize more to 125 lbs aprox.), I would fit to the class and may do well?

tammyp
04-03-2012, 05:32 AM
your conditioning is the bigger issue with your placement IMO. i think if you dropped 8-10 you wont look as thick. but dropping a touch of size in your legs and back wouldnt hurt you either.

Bronwyn
04-03-2012, 07:03 AM
your conditioning is the bigger issue with your placement IMO. i think if you dropped 8-10 you wont look as thick. but dropping a touch of size in your legs and back wouldnt hurt you either.

thanks a lot Tammy. I am right now building my offseason plan - so I decided not to train legs at all (they grow me just from walking). I do not want to lost back size a lot, because of my extremally wide big butt. Anyway I thought also about different posing - I noticed several girls stood there not so spreaded to sides....

tammyp
04-03-2012, 05:11 PM
i hear ya...i down sized alot this year...it doenst come off where you want it to~lol

Bronwyn
04-04-2012, 03:41 AM
i hear ya...i down sized alot this year...it doenst come off where you want it to~lol

Yes, I see, I already put down 2" almost from thighs. They always overpowered my upper body - even when I did bodybuilding.... :) I will add maybe some plyo only to keep the structure and cuts. And I think that heavy cardio easily will keep me the size I need :)

Quadsweep
04-11-2012, 08:38 PM
I think Tammy is spot on here. By being leaner which you needed to be, it would also help with the thickness issues as well. It will take a while before we NPC judges settel into what this is supposed to be...and by then it will change anyway!

Jeff

Bronwyn
04-12-2012, 07:12 AM
I think Tammy is spot on here. By being leaner which you needed to be, it would also help with the thickness issues as well. It will take a while before we NPC judges settel into what this is supposed to be...and by then it will change anyway!

Jeff

Yes I see. That is what I think too and I still see WPD as very promising class. I think it needs now 1-2 years to let it run :)
What I was affraid the most was the width of my bones, as I know I am really very wide naturally and always looked huge on figure standards.

This was me last year and I hope to be able to get back to this

I was 11 lbs lighter there - unfortunatelly from some reason my waist was thicker now during the precontest - I had to do something wrong in training (I am natural so I blame only training from that).

Dan Kennedy
04-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Shape is definitely there. You just need to trim off the fat. I think you should try to work towards the conditioning in the last set of pics you posted up.