PDA

View Full Version : A tribute to Jesse Marunde...

thepump
04-12-2009, 02:15 PM
With the anniversary of his death coming up in July, let's post our thoughts and memories of one of the Stongmans' best...Jesse Marunde (Sept. 14, 1979 - July 25, 2007).

Truly a great inspiration to the Strongman sport, with so many accomplishments in a short time and lost at such a young age due to a genetic heart defect, hypertrophic cardiomypathy, a leading cause of sudden cardiac death in young athletes

Jesse Marunde quickly became an icon for his unigue personalty, raw brut strength, and humble interviews which laid a new foundation for the sport and pushed it to new heights, especially toward main stream. Jesse Marunde was looked upon and was spoke of in many interviews as the next to take the Strongman title for the USA, which hasn't been done in many years. I, as well as, many others pay tribute to him and his family. Sending my warmest regards...Jesse Marunde will truly be missed, but his name will forever be carved in the minds of those he inspired.

I wish his family and all the members of this board a warm filled holiday. The story of Jesse Marunde strongly states the old philosiphy - cherish the ones you love and live everyday like it's your last, for no one truly knows how short life can be.

This is the only site I have found for any other information on Jesse Marunde.
www.marunde-muscle.com (http://www.marunde-muscle.com)

robert da strongman
04-12-2009, 02:54 PM
wow long time till july....

tjoe
04-12-2009, 03:18 PM
I didn't know him all that well as I just started getting into the sport when he passed. I did see him a couple times at the Mohegan Super Series events and he seemed like a great guy.

robert da strongman
04-12-2009, 03:20 PM
in general all strongmen are nice guys.

jesse was the closest to getting the title.

johnny perry was another class act that went too soon

thepump
04-12-2009, 03:43 PM
in general all strongmen are nice guys.

jesse was the closest to getting the title.

johnny perry was another class act that went too soon

I didn't know him all that well as I just started getting into the sport when he passed. I did see him a couple times at the Mohegan Super Series events and he seemed like a great guy.

Yea, in general they are pretty nice guys. I was hoping that Jesse was going to take it. And, yes, another taken too early, Johnny Perry RIP.

I got to meet Jesse at the Arnold classic just before he passed away. Got an autographed picture with him, one of the most laid back cats I had the privilege to meet.

GatorPump
04-12-2009, 04:55 PM
As I said in the other thread about the baseball player that got killed in a hit and run, no one knows when there time will come and to live life to the fullest. I think it's great that Jesse Marunde got to accomplish so much before he passed away. I read once tha it's not what you take with you, but what you left behind and it appears that he left behind quite a bit of inspiration.

robert da strongman
04-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Johnny was huge

BigJD69
04-13-2009, 03:24 AM
How did he die?

thepump
04-13-2009, 10:21 AM
How did he die?
due to a genetic heart defect, hypertrophic cardiomypathy, a leading cause of sudden cardiac death in young athletes