PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins

stephaniewicked
04-12-2009, 03:08 PM
So it's not super high in protein, nor is it keto-friendly, but hopefully someone will appreciate me sharing this one, lol. I split one with the BF after I made them last night and had another half this morning. I'm waiting to have another one before my workout later and then hoping to give the rest away at work tomorrow because they are too good and too tempting for me to keep around at home!

1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour (oats)
1/4 cup Splenda
1/8 cup Splenda brown sugar (splenda)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (all natural)
1/4 cup egg substitute (egg whites)
2 tablespoons light butter, melted (light butter substitute)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup strawberry jam (SF jelly/jam)

Preheat oven to 400°.

Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, Splenda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine milk and next 4 ingredients (through vanilla); add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.

Line a 12-muffin tin with muffin/cupcake liners. Fill each cup half full with batter. Spoon 1 teaspoon jam into each cup. Spoon remaining batter on top to cover jam. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Let cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack. Yields: 12 servings
--

I substituted from the original recipe with the items in paranthesis to make it somewhat more diet-friendly. They're very light... awesome little snack!

Nutritional Info Per Muffin (very rough estimate - doesn't include splenda):
Cals - 117.3
Fat - 4.5g
Carbs - 15.8g
Protein - 4.7g

robert da strongman
04-12-2009, 03:18 PM
oh my those look good...

Csantamaria
04-12-2009, 03:26 PM
wow those look Great!

"Rodz"
04-12-2009, 04:18 PM
makin those for cheat day

hugemidget
04-12-2009, 04:19 PM
oh man, just something someone doing a keto diet does not need to see. :( Dayum those look good :)

GatorPump
04-12-2009, 05:01 PM
More recipes!!!! Those look great. Rxmuscle should put together a cookbook and sell it on the site. The name "Cooking with Rxmuscle" recipes of the members. That way I don't have to print out 10 pages. I only want 5% for the idea.

Bennny
04-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Those look awesome. I'm printing that up and making them tomorrow.

Jeepgcboy97
05-19-2009, 01:41 PM
So it's not super high in protein, nor is it keto-friendly, but hopefully someone will appreciate me sharing this one, lol. I split one with the BF after I made them last night and had another half this morning. I'm waiting to have another one before my workout later and then hoping to give the rest away at work tomorrow because they are too good and too tempting for me to keep around at home!

1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour (oats)
1/4 cup Splenda
1/8 cup Splenda brown sugar (splenda)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (all natural)
1/4 cup egg substitute (egg whites)
2 tablespoons light butter, melted (light butter substitute)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup strawberry jam (SF jelly/jam)

Preheat oven to 400°.

Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, Splenda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine milk and next 4 ingredients (through vanilla); add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.

Line a 12-muffin tin with muffin/cupcake liners. Fill each cup half full with batter. Spoon 1 teaspoon jam into each cup. Spoon remaining batter on top to cover jam. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Let cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack. Yields: 12 servings
--

I substituted from the original recipe with the items in paranthesis to make it somewhat more diet-friendly. They're very light... awesome little snack!

Nutritional Info Per Muffin (very rough estimate - doesn't include splenda):
Cals - 117.3
Fat - 4.5g
Carbs - 15.8g
Protein - 4.7g

I made these last week and they came out great. i put a little too much jelly in them but besides that, they certainly taste great. A+++

maybe next time i'll throw in some unflavored bcaa's to more protein..

i also used grape jelly instead.

stephaniewicked
05-27-2009, 02:43 PM
I made these last week and they came out great. i put a little too much jelly in them but besides that, they certainly taste great. A+++

maybe next time i'll throw in some unflavored bcaa's to more protein..

i also used grape jelly instead.

Have you ever cooked with that? How does it come out? I haven't been taking mine because I can't get past the awful taste. :(

BigJD69
05-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Looks tasty to me!

Peaceful28
05-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Those are yummy! :D

Jeepgcboy97
06-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Have you ever cooked with that? How does it come out? I haven't been taking mine because I can't get past the awful taste. :(

i havent used the bcaa's inside this recipe yet, but im sure you can cook with it...within the whole batter, im sure you can throw in a few tablespoons in there.