PDA

View Full Version : What supplements do you Add/Cut pre contest?

ianlauer
04-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Proteins, pre-workouts, fat burners etc..what do you add or cut the last couple weeks before a contest or photo shoot?

ksuhurdler
04-18-2012, 09:31 PM
When I first started competing at the end of 2011, I cut my creatine out because the judges said my look was too hard, and I needed to soften up quickly. This season, I've learned to balance my supplements, Hydration and nutrients to deliver a "Physique" physique without interrupting my training or supplement cycles. ~ Michael A

ksuhurdler
04-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Edit

flipmonk
04-19-2012, 04:08 AM
@ian, why don't you post your protocol in the threads you started? here and in the "drug of choice" thread

tammyp
04-19-2012, 05:26 AM
i am still learning the judge this division. i tend to go for a harder look and i know thats a no no. i do like it though, nice change.

AVBG
04-19-2012, 07:07 AM
Nothing! If it ain't broke don't fix it. Adding/removing supplements in the last week(s) has in the past set me in a tailspin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s2h
04-19-2012, 07:58 AM
i am still learning the judge this division. i tend to go for a harder look and i know thats a no no. i do like it though, nice change.i think thats pretty common for a bb to go for the harder look..i also like it better myself..be it MPD..figure or whatever..

s2h
04-19-2012, 07:59 AM
i have done the diet/supp plan for one MPD guy..and have seen a few others..dont see there approach to be much diff then a MW bb...still a fair amount of drugs and alot of the same protocals...

sexxxydre
04-19-2012, 10:22 AM
yes i was told i was too full and to hard for MP also to muscular???

tammyp
04-19-2012, 04:13 PM
post some pics~!

Conrad
04-19-2012, 08:13 PM
I am interested to see what is involved with the MP when compared to Mens BB.

ayezer
04-19-2012, 08:38 PM
yes interested as well

ianlauer
04-19-2012, 11:19 PM
I typically cut out any form of Creatine 3-4 days out from competition.

In the past I have cut Protein Powders; but, i will probably stay on mine up until the day before the show for my next competition.

I use CLA religiously as well as a multi-vitamin.
I bump up my Vit C the last 4 days before a show as well as my Dandelion Root.

BurnsTACP
05-08-2012, 10:28 PM
yes i was told i was too full and to hard for MP also to muscular???

A trainer I see occassionally has told me this a few times and is practically begging me to do bodybuillding instead. I don't understand though. Why would you want to look less appealing (in my eyes anyway). How exactly do you go about looking "softer"?

Chong Li
05-08-2012, 11:10 PM
tren i would think would be best

apex23
01-01-2013, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=ianlauer;1647612]I typically cut out any form of Creatine 3-4 days out from competition.

In the past I have cut Protein Powders; but, i will probably stay on mine up until the day before the show for my next competition.

I didn't think CLA was even used anymore.

Joshua H
01-09-2013, 09:58 PM
CLA (the right form that is)
R-ALA
VPX Meltdown (only research backed thermogenic I know of at present)

I only use these 3 when leaning out (or have in the past for contest dieting as bodybuilder) same logic for MPD now however.

David Lees
01-18-2013, 09:26 AM
I use the basic foundation supplements right up until day of pre-judging - multi-vitamins, fish oils, and joint health supplements. I also follow a fairly detailed water flushing regiment to dry out which consists of time-tested herbal and dietary supplements for the final 2 weeks of prep.

AndrewBuk
03-06-2013, 11:57 PM
I usually cut my creatine out sooner, and like Ian said, increase my vitamin C. I usually work on reducing any sweeteners that I might still be having closer to the show date. Dandelion root is a great natural supplement to add in the last week. I do find it best to reduce/cut powders the past week also, to prevent water retention.

Bdon
01-24-2014, 02:32 AM
How much CLA does it even work? I seen studies show it doesn't.

My friend wants to do physique what do you guys take? I am guessing a OTC diuretic like Ursi Uvi + Dandelion Root

Thermogenics with Y. HCL

[QUOTE=ianlauer;1647612]I typically cut out any form of Creatine 3-4 days out from competition.

I didn't think CLA was even used anymore.

Veaderko
03-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Leading into a contest I will cut creatine when I water deplete. I know some people have issues with water depletion but I find it works best for me.
As far as a diuretic goes, Hi-Def would be a good choice to help with water loss, along with some asparagus.
For a thermo, I tend to keep those in through the show, but I also plan to only be on them no more than 8 weeks.
Protein powders I will try to stay away from during peak week.
Otherwise from there it is just the basics, multivitamin, minerals, Udo's Oil, MCT Oil, and Vit C