PDA

View Full Version : Cook`s journal

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

cook
04-19-2012, 02:39 PM
OK maybe not the catchiest name for a journal but it should get the job done.
My goal here is to get my fat ass in shape.I am giving myself 10 weeks and then on June 30 I will get my son to take some pictures of me and I will post them.No matter what.
I am 53 years old.
About 5-10...I was 5-11 I think I lost an inch along the way.
I weigh 222 today.I know that doesn`t sound real heavy but I have a lot of fat on my lower abs and chest I need to lose.
I will also be changing some things about my training.I have been training at the same gym since 1998 at 5:30 am.Well they are closing next week and I will be doing my training at home.I have enough equipment that I should be able to work everything just fine.I don`t have a line of Hammmer equipment but I should be fine.
A bigger change for me will be not training so early.
I plan to train
Sat. 8:30 am quads
Sun.8;30 am chest
Mon 8:30 am back
Wed night about 8 shoulders
Thur.night about 8 arms
I am off work Sat Sun and Mon. so I can train and then relax for most of the day.
I welcome comments or any advice from anyone who would like to chime in.I have been lifting weights since 1977 but by no means do I think I know it all.I appreciate any advice whatever your level of expertese or if you think I`m being a pussy voice your opinion.

Dre23
04-19-2012, 03:06 PM
About to go to the gym, but wanted to check in with my support for my boy Cook.

It's time to get in gear, and if anyone can do it, it is this man!

cook
04-19-2012, 03:09 PM
About to go to the gym, but wanted to check in with my support for my boy Cook.

It's time to get in gear, and if anyone can do it, it is this man!

I got the big man on my side I`m good to go...thanks Dre

Hoss06
04-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Sub

Hoss06
04-19-2012, 03:35 PM
What about hamstrings? Cardio? What's your current diet like? Aprx starting point bf% wise?

lastson
04-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Ten weeks.. the count down has begun..

Too bad about the gym closing, that just sucks... But since I train at home too, it will be interesting to see how you work around not having a price of equipment...

Good luck and let's get working...

last

cook
04-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Sub

Allright Hoss,I especially appreciate you joining in and if Bushy can I will have some diet questions for you two.The first one is....I have been training early in the morning on an empty stomach for maybe 20 years.I think on my 8:30am days I will get up and eat something at about 6:30.The question is what to eat.I was thinking oatmeal and ?????maybe egg whites maybe a scoop of peanut butter what are your thoughts on this?

cook
04-19-2012, 03:50 PM
What about hamstrings? Cardio? What's your current diet like? Aprx starting point bf% wise?

Hams I will work after shoulders.I have a standing leg curl machine and some stiff legs DLs I thInk.Cardio I will do Tue-Fri at 6:30 am maybe 30 minute walk and then Sat,Sun,Mon after weights.Diet has been eating 250-300 protein and keeping calories between 2000-2500.That in effect keeps the carbs pretty low.I just need more consistancy.Bodyfat is????I don`t know pretty high.I will get my son to take a few pics Saturday and if they are not too embarassing maybe we can guesstimate.

cook
04-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Ten weeks.. the count down has begun..

Too bad about the gym closing, that just sucks... But since I train at home too, it will be interesting to see how you work around not having a price of equipment...

Good luck and let's get working...

last

Thanks Last I need all the help I can get.I will be ok training at home.I have done it for extended periods before.I started off training as a powerlifter so for years squats and deadlifts were the core of my training.Because of an injury to my knee I haven`t squatted in a year.Well I did about 6 months ago because I thought my knee was well and it turned out it wasn`t.I have a leg extension bench and I will be doing front squats as well as walking lunges so I should be able to get a good leg workout.Thanks for joining in.

Hoss06
04-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Allright Hoss,I especially appreciate you joining in and if Bushy can I will have some diet questions for you two.The first one is....I have been training early in the morning on an empty stomach for maybe 20 years.I think on my 8:30am days I will get up and eat something at about 6:30.The question is what to eat.I was thinking oatmeal and ?????maybe egg whites maybe a scoop of peanut butter what are your thoughts on this?

Carbs/protein/fat every meal.
Why not do 1 cup oats
3 egg whites
1 whole?
Thats 17pro 42c 6fat
Or
1 cup oats
3 egg whites
1 whole egg
1 scoop protein
1 tbsp pb
41p 50c 15far

cook
04-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Carbs/protein/fat every meal.
Why not do 1 cup oats
3 egg whites
1 whole?
Thats 17pro 42c 6fat
Or
1 cup oats
3 egg whites
1 whole egg
1 scoop protein
1 tbsp pb
41p 50c 15far

Thanks Hoss I will try both of those.I know weight training on an empty stomach is a big no-no but I have got so used to it I will have to adjust to having something in my gut other than coffee.

Hoss06
04-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Hams I will work after shoulders.I have a standing leg curl machine and some stiff legs DLs I thInk.Cardio I will do Tue-Fri at 6:30 am maybe 30 minute walk and then Sat,Sun,Mon after weights.Diet has been eating 250-300 protein and keeping calories between 2000-2500.That in effect keeps the carbs pretty low.I just need more consistancy.Bodyfat is????I don`t know pretty high.I will get my son to take a few pics Saturday and if they are not too embarassing maybe we can guesstimate.

Embarrassing or not we all need a starting point man. Remember I started off at about 5'7 215lbs...

Hoss06
04-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks Hoss I will try both of those.I know weight training on an empty stomach is a big no-no but I have got so used to it I will have to adjust to having something in my gut other than coffee.

Some seem to enjoy it and "say" they haven't seen any muscle loss. Personally, I prefer to have a few meals in me to keep my strength higher.

bushmaster
04-20-2012, 06:21 AM
In for the ride. Another good meal pre workout as stated the oatmeal, add some protein powder and 2tbsp of Almond butter or PB and mix together. Very delicious and nutritious. It's my pwo meal but I use Cream of Wheat.

s2h
04-20-2012, 07:44 AM
Im a day late and a dollar short in this thread...lol....sounds like a plan cook....im here for ya if you need anytbing...now i have 3 journals to visit....keeps me motivated...

cook
04-20-2012, 07:57 AM
In for the ride. Another good meal pre workout as stated the oatmeal, add some protein powder and 2tbsp of Almond butter or PB and mix together. Very delicious and nutritious. It's my pwo meal but I use Cream of Wheat.
Thanks BM I will try that.I will be starting the split I posted next Saturday with legs so I may blow beets the first time I work them with something in my stomach but if it gives me better workouts and everyone does it so there must be something to it.
Today I worked shoulders and hams.Still at commercial gym.
I did smith machine shoulder presses
135x10
185x10
225x11
185x6
135x14
the last three sets were done in drop set fashion
I know it was on a smith machine so the weights are actually lower than posted but I don`t know whart else to call it.
Lateral raises 30,35,40 x10
front raises with barbell 45x10.65x10
Barbell shrugs 315x12 for 3 sets
Leg curls
70x15
130x12
110x15
standing leg curls ss with seated leg curls
standing 55x12
seated ?plate had an 8 on it
anyway 3 sets non stop back and fourth
then 30 minutes on the treadmill and then furiously slammed down a protein shake and went to work.
Workout felt good and I followed my diet perfectly yesterday so I feel a lot better today.Thanks for stopping by guys you don`t know how much your support and knowledge is appreciated.Anyone who reads this and wants to comment please do and of course should any hot chicks want to comment I will agree with everything you say.

cook
04-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Im a day late and a dollar short in this thread...lol....sounds like a plan cook....im here for ya if you need anytbing...now i have 3 journals to visit....keeps me motivated...

I was hoping you would find time to stop in.

s2h
04-20-2012, 08:11 AM
I was hoping you would find time to stop in.i wouldnt miss it...im in for the longhaul....can call it "cooking for abs"....

Hoss06
04-20-2012, 03:40 PM
You're off to a good start Cook. Keep at it!

cook
04-20-2012, 03:45 PM
You're off to a good start Cook. Keep at it!

Thanks Hoss.I had all good meals yesterday had a good workout this morning and have had 3 good meals today.So far so good

bushmaster
04-20-2012, 06:24 PM
There you go one day at a time. I always find diet to be the hardest to adhere to. I am running into that daily right now too. So easy to just eat what everyone else is eating but then you have to pay the consequence of looking like them.

lastson
04-20-2012, 06:42 PM
So easy to just eat what everyone else is eating but then you have to pay the consequence of looking like them.

Very true... I always think back to being at the local county fair last summer and seeing this huge, ripped guy in a tank with his family... And telling my brother that's what I wanted to look like.. and bus response was then you better stop eating the fried dough... You don't see him eating anything like that...

Ofcourse he was right...

last

Hoss06
04-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Two top annoying questions
"can't you just be normal today?"
"can't you skip the gym?"
To me, my eating makes me not average. I do this to not be average. This is a lifestyle. Who wants to be average?

lastson
04-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Two top annoying questions
"can't you just be normal today?"
"can't you skip the gym?"
To me, my eating makes me not average. I do this to not be average. This is a lifestyle. Who wants to be average?

Lol... I've been told the same things by my wife... She has now moved up to, You look too skinny , you look anorexic..

But your right who wants to be average...

Sorry cook for derailing your thread

last

Hoss06
04-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Mines used to it and supports me :)

Back on topic. How's the diet today Cook?

s2h
04-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Whats up cook???...we need updates????

Hoss06
04-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Wake up COOK!

Hoss06
04-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Update Cook, update.

cook
04-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Here I am,couldn`t get to a few minutes to sit down yeaterday.Had a good quad workout Sat.Today is a day off.
An idea of what my workout looked like.
leg extensions
50x15
100x15
150x15 these were light warmups
230 X 17 reps all were good reps with a pause and the 17th rep was just short of complete
with no rest I did 3 drop sets at 150,100 and then 80 these reps were getting a little sloppy.i did each weight till failure.
went straight to a hack squat machine about 6 feet away and did a set of 12 with 220 lbs.It was a weight stack
straight back with no rest to the leg extension and repped out with 100 and then 50 lbs.After a few reps I was barely able to rep 50 and was breathing pretty hard.I was hoping no one would walk in at this moment.
Straight back to the hack and did 9 reps with 200 failed on number 10
I then walked about 40 feet to the dumbell rack and picked uo a pair of 40s and did a set of walking lunges for 20 steps.
Finally this giant set was over.I tell you I was breathing so hard and I didn`t measure my heartbeat but it was so fast it had to be maxed out.I sat down and it hurt to sit so I stood up and it hurt to stand.I started wondering if the guy at the desk knew CPR.
Finally after about five minutes I did one more set of walking lunges for 20 steps.
Then I got on the treadmill for 30 minutes.Actually felt pretty good once I recovered a hit.
I stuck to my diet all day yesterday and so far today.I got my son to take a few pictures I will put them here Tuesday when I get on my work computor.I`m not really a comp expert but I know how to do it from that computor.
Thanks for stopping by everyone and I look forward to your feedback.

Hoss06
04-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Dropsets FTW

cook
04-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Lol... I've been told the same things by my wife... She has now moved up to, You look too skinny , you look anorexic..

But your right who wants to be average...

Sorry cook for derailing your thread

lastNo derail.Thanks for stopping by.I need all the help I can get

cook
04-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Mines used to it and supports me :)

Back on topic. How's the diet today Cook?
This is what will make me or break me.And I and I got no intention of breaking.My workouts have been good I`ve got to be consistant on the diet.Of course we all know that`s the hardest part of this game.WhenI used to powerliftI don`t remember ever even thinking about what I ate.Of course I didn`t have abs then either.
I`ve had oatmeal and egg whites today for breakfast and just fininshed two grilled chicken breats and a plain salad.yummy

Hoss06
04-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Are u calculating your macros?

cook
04-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Are u calculating your macros?

Yes I am keeping track of protein and calories.Trying to get 250 to 300 grams of protein and between 2000-2500 calories.When I hit these two the carbs tend to be pretty low.I also throw in a day or two with zero carbs.Basically eating just chicken and steak those days.

lastson
04-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Damn cook, that giant set would have killed me.... Nice work..

last

s2h
04-22-2012, 08:14 PM
That giant set made me tired reading it....nice work cook....cooking.for abs is on a roll...

Hoss06
04-23-2012, 10:02 PM
How was training cook?

s2h
04-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Hows it coming along cook??..seeing any changes??

lastson
04-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Feeling any difference with getting a meal in before your workouts ?

last

cook
04-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Good morning guys.Weighed this morning and lost 2 lbs.So 220 fully clothed.
Worked chest yesterday and then put in about 10 hours working on my barn.Have to get it ready as that is where I will be training starting next week.For a while anyway I will see how it goes.I drove about 250 nails and then smashed my thumb on the very last one.I let out a "SON OF A BITCH" that I bet s2h heard all the way to Houston.
Anyway chest workout was pretty simple.
Incline db press 20x15
40x10
80x10
100x11 this was a maximum effort
Some kind of off brand hammer looking chest machine
45 plate on each sidex10
45 and 25 x 10 for 2 sets this machine is very hard the second half of the rep.
Dumbell incline flyes 40,50 and 60 x 10 reps each
Did 30 minutes on the treadmill and went to work at home.
More importantly I followed my diet all day
Had a protein drink right after I trained
2 chicken breasts and salad about 11 am
Another protein drink about 2
2 cans of tuna fish mixed with mustard and pickles at 5
Actually came up short on protein and calories but was so busy all day I didn`t get to really plan my meals.Went to bed hungry but didn`t indulge.

cook
04-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Feeling any difference with getting a meal in before your workouts ?

last

Last I havent started that yet.I am still training at 5:30 am for one more week.Starting this Saturday I will be training a little later and I will be eating early on those days.I allready have my oatmeal and peanut butter in the kitchen ready for it.I hope it helps.

bushmaster
04-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Glad to hear you didn't indulge. Night time is the hardest for
me. That's why after my 9pm meal I try and be in bed no later than 10.

cook
04-24-2012, 08:06 AM
That giant set made me tired reading it....nice work cook....cooking.for abs is on a roll...

I was breathing pretty hard at the end of it.I cant handle a lot of weight training like that but for what I am trying to do I think this will work.Plus my workout only lasted about 15 minutes.I was up and on the treadmill in record time.

cook
04-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Glad to hear you didn't indulge. Night time is the hardest for
me. That's why after my 9pm meal I try and be in bed no later than 10.
Thanks Bushy,I was so tired from the physical work that I went to sleep pretty early so that made it easier.

cook
04-24-2012, 09:00 AM
119410 ok here is what we have to work with

cook
04-24-2012, 09:05 AM
more

cook
04-24-2012, 09:11 AM
one more,as you can see I have a lot of fat to lose

Hoss06
04-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Wide back and great biceps. Well
Get u there cook. One day at a time. Great physiques werent built overnight

Dre23
04-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Sorry been AWOL buddy!

Just caught up on all the posts that I had missed. Looks like training is going well, but of course as with most of us, it'll be your diet that needs that daily/hourly CONSISTENCY.

You look good in the pic above! Very "Golden Era-ish", lol. Def a good foundation from all those years of training. Now we just gotta chisel you down. Have a great day Cook and keep up the good work.

cook
04-24-2012, 10:03 AM
119410 ok here is what we have to work withGolden era huh,does that mean old?

Hoss06
04-24-2012, 11:03 AM
BD hit the nail on the head. Consistency is key

cook
04-24-2012, 11:20 AM
BD hit the nail on the head. Consistency is key

Yes I have to every day hit my diet.I dieted for a while earlier in the year but then I added a cheat day that turned into a cheat week.No more of that bullshit.

Hoss06
04-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Eat for long term goals, not short term satisfaction

cook
04-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Eat for long term goals, not short term satisfaction
Thanks Hoss

bushmaster
04-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Golden era huh,does that mean old?
I think he's referring to the hair. You have a big back and arms. Stick to that diet and you will really look amazing. How about this? You going to let a young lad like myself beat you? I don't think you will.

cook
04-24-2012, 01:06 PM
I think he's referring to the hair. You have a big back and arms. Stick to that diet and you will really look amazing. How about this? You going to let a young lad like myself beat you? I don't think you will.

You know.I competed in powerlifting years ago.Never bodybuilding although I love the look and that is the look I`m striving for but until Saturday I have never took my shirt off and flexed for a picture.So my son has his camera ready and he says hit a pose.On the first picture on the other page I was thinking of a pose I saw Dave Draper do once.Now Dave Draper and myself have nothing in common except we`re both old but that is my golden era pose.
Just ate some baked chicken for lunch.mmmm

cook
04-24-2012, 02:30 PM
119417 oh here is one more.

cook
04-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Morning guys,hit a good back workout this morning.Nothing too fancy I did pulldowns for 3 sets then underhand rows with 225 x10 then imediately would do overhand rows for 8 reps.Did 2 supersets of those.Then did chest supported Tbar rows superseted with 2 dumbell rows.3 supersets each.Then 3 sets of shrugs with 315 for 12 reps each.
Had a kid interupt me 3 or 4 times with questions and it kind of messed up my momentum but he seemed to be genuinely interested in learning and this is my last week at this gym.I don`t want him to leave thinking I`m a jerk so I spent a few minutes with him and even showed him how to do one exercise.I guess it`s a compliment that he thought I knew something about it.
I ate supper last night and had only had 1600 calories and 200 grams of protein for the day so about 8 oclock I made a bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of chocalate protein and 2 spoons of peanut butter like a couple of you suggested.Man this tasted great you guys are geniuses.This is what I will eat for breakfast before I train starting Saturday.Have a great day all.

Hoss06
04-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Eating a bowl of oats at 8p at night? Did u train late?

Try a scoop of protein and a tbsp of pb w/ enough water to mix and stir for desired amount.
Let it chill in the fridge for a few or nuke it. Protein sludge is great!

cook
04-25-2012, 09:45 AM
Eating a bowl of oats at 8p at night? Did u train late?

Try a scoop of protein and a tbsp of pb w/ enough water to mix and stir for desired amount.
Let it chill in the fridge for a few or nuke it. Protein sludge is great!

No I trained at 5:30 this morning.I guess I shouldn`t eat the oatmeal at night I was experimenting to see how it tasted and I was low on calories for the day.Starting Saturday I will be eating it befors training in the morning.Protein sludge huh?sounds tasty Thanks for stopping by Hoss

Hoss06
04-25-2012, 09:55 AM
I may be wrong here, if I am someone please correct me, but I would limit my carbs no later then 6p for your goal.

Have a great training day Cook! We're here for u Man!!

cook
04-25-2012, 10:03 AM
I may be wrong here, if I am someone please correct me, but I would limit my carbs no later then 6p for your goal.

Have a great training day Cook! We're here for u Man!!

Thanks for that info Hoss,I will do just that.It makes sense.I dieted three years ago by eating 1500 calories or less every day.Did not go over this one time.I also was running three miles a day and on some days six miles.Well I lost 40 lbs. but I told the story before about the lady who asked me if I had quit lifting weights.I lost a lot of weight but had no muscle afterwards.Looking back on it there were some days I didn`t even get a hundred grams of protein.I was just watching the scale.So I appreciate the diet advice from you and the other guys very much.How is your training going?

Hoss06
04-25-2012, 10:19 AM
1500 calories is nothing with your activity levels.

Training is going strong. I've been reading up on fasted workouts in regards to it not having an effect on your strength an endurance levels so I've been putting it to the test this week only consuming BCAA's prior to training. So far I've only noticed a small decrease in strength but endurance is still there.
If you get bored on your workouts I'm sure anyone of us will help you out. Stay dedicated man

cook
04-25-2012, 10:37 AM
1500 calories is nothing with your activity levels.

Training is going strong. I've been reading up on fasted workouts in regards to it not having an effect on your strength an endurance levels so I've been putting it to the test this week only consuming BCAA's prior to training. So far I've only noticed a small decrease in strength but endurance is still there.
If you get bored on your workouts I'm sure anyone of us will help you out. Stay dedicated man

Thanks Hoss I know you guys are here for me as I am here for all of you too.
Honestly I never get bored of my workouts.I first hit the gym my senior year in high school and for 34 years now there has been some kind of training going on.I have had rough stretches through the years like everyone else but hitting the weights always seemed to make things better.Now on the subject of diet it`s a completely differeht thing.I have had stretches of good dieting mixed in with longer stretches of very bad diets through the years.That has to change.

Hoss06
04-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Yes it does

s2h
04-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Plenty to work with cook...would def consider increasing your cals..just the.content of the meals could be diff....like hoss said...try 6 meals ed and exclude starchy carbs from the last 2 meals...

cook
04-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Plenty to work with cook...would def consider increasing your cals..just the.content of the meals could be diff....like hoss said...try 6 meals ed and exclude starchy carbs from the last 2 meals...

I have been eating between 2000 and 2500.Probably 2300 most days.You think I should increase on that?

Hoss06
04-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Ex meals:
2 rice cakes
1 tbsp pb
Protein shake (2 scoops)

Chicken/rice

Lean beef/sweet potato/spinach

Hard Boiled egg whites
1 tbsp pb
Apple

Protein shake
1tbsp pb
Banana

Just some ex man. Hope it helps

lastson
04-25-2012, 02:52 PM
119417 oh here is one more.

You definitely got one hell of a base to work with.. Back is wide and great arms.. Your going to be posting pics next to Bush and Hoss in no time..

cook
04-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Ex meals:
2 rice cakes
1 tbsp pb
Protein shake (2 scoops)

Chicken/rice

Lean beef/sweet potato/spinach

Hard Boiled egg whites
1 tbsp pb
Apple

Protein shake
1tbsp pb
Banana

Just some ex man. Hope it helps
Yes it helps.To give you an example of what I have eaten today

6:30 am protein drink 270 cal 52 pro
9:00 oatmeal protein and pb 475 cal 40 pro
12:00 grilled chicken 500 cal 80 pro

I plan to eat
2"30 protein drink 270 cal 52pro
6:00 chicken 500 80
8:30 maybe 1scoop protein with 2tb pb 325 pro34

this would give me a total of 2340 cals and 338 protein
what do you guys think?

cook
04-25-2012, 03:00 PM
You definitely got one hell of a base to work with.. Back is wide and great arms.. Your going to be posting pics next to Bush and Hoss in no time..

thanks last,I wont ever be as lean as those two monsters but I`m going to give it my best shot

Hoss06
04-25-2012, 03:04 PM
I have been eating between 2000 and 2500.Probably 2300 most days.You think I should increase on that?

Unless your carb cycling I think your calories should be consistent day in and day out. 500cals less a day x 5 days=2500 cals=1lb

Hoss06
04-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Yes it helps.To give you an example of what I have eaten today

6:30 am protein drink 270 cal 52 pro
9:00 oatmeal protein and pb 475 cal 40 pro
12:00 grilled chicken 500 cal 80 pro

I plan to eat
2"30 protein drink 270 cal 52pro
6:00 chicken 500 80
8:30 maybe 1scoop protein with 2tb pb 325 pro34

this would give me a total of 2340 cals and 338 protein
what do you guys think?

Ur fats and carbs seem really low. Why so much protein? Why not lower the protein and up the carbs/fats?

Hoss06
04-25-2012, 03:07 PM
thanks last,I wont ever be as lean as those two monsters but I`m going to give it my best shot

Haha thank you, but BM is the beast-not me.

cook
04-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Ur fats and carbs seem really low. Why so much protein? Why not lower the protein and up the carbs/fats?

OK I usually have a green vegetable with the chicken also although that is next to nothing.Up the carbs huh
I guess I get carbophobia (is that a word?) I could add in some rice early in the day I guess

s2h
04-26-2012, 05:49 AM
Might need a little more...maybe not....its more about the.content and timing of the meals....you like myself are up for a longtime each day....i would def not have less then 6 meals....and time the carbs diff...

s2h
04-26-2012, 06:04 AM
Without knowing your full schedule(wake/sleep/train times)and supp program along with other info its tuff to make a exact diet....but take a look at this for some ideas...

Meal 1: (pre wo) 1/2 cup instant oatmeal
1/2 cup mixed berries
2 scoops whey isolate

Pwo:2 scoops whey isolate

Meal 2:6oz lean turkey/chicken
1/2 cup brown rice or potato
1/2 cup asparagus

Meal 3:2 scoops whey isolate
15 almonds or cashews (no salt)

Meal 4:8 oz lean turkey/chicken
1 cup asparagus(1 tps olive oil)

Meal 5:2 scoops whey isolate
15 almonds

Meal 6:8oz white fish(tilapia...cod...)
Large green salad(romaine...no iceberg)2 tps olive oil

Try that out....i will think you will see big returns...

lastson
04-26-2012, 06:04 AM
Might need a little more...maybe not....its more about the.content and timing of the meals....you like myself are up for a longtime each day....i would def not have less then 6 meals....and time the carbs diff...

I agree timing and meal composition is huge... I was starving doing my own diet at 1750 cals.. but working with Jason and running Keto I'm no where near as bad... Fat spread out pretty even over 6 meals, the first few meals are spead out a little more and then I add the veggies to later meals to help keep me full...

You'll get it dialed in and once you do the BF will just melt off..

last

s2h
04-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Btw...went ahead and stuck cooks.journal with it picking up steam....nice to hit all 3 of team dre guys one after another...

cook
04-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Without knowing your full schedule(wake/sleep/train times)and supp program along with other info its tuff to make a exact diet....but take a look at this for some ideas...

Meal 1: (pre wo) 1/2 cup instant oatmeal
1/2 cup mixed berries
2 scoops whey isolate

Pwo:2 scoops whey isolate

Meal 2:6oz lean turkey/chicken
1/2 cup brown rice or potato
1/2 cup asparagus

Meal 3:2 scoops whey isolate
15 almonds or cashews (no salt)

Meal 4:8 oz lean turkey/chicken
1 cup asparagus(1 tps olive oil)

Meal 5:2 scoops whey isolate
15 almonds

Meal 6:8oz white fish(tilapia...cod...)
Large green salad(romaine...no iceberg)2 tps olive oil

Try that out....i will think you will see big returns...

Thanks a lot Scott,this looks like a very doable program.Yes like you I am up very early in the morning.I see the complex carbs are eaten early.I like that.
As I stated before I have been training at 5:30 am on an empty stomach.Starting this Saturday I will be training at 8:30 am but I will be up by 6 so I can get that first meal and have time for it to digest a bit.Thanks again.

cook
04-26-2012, 07:51 AM
I agree timing and meal composition is huge... I was starving doing my own diet at 1750 cals.. but working with Jason and running Keto I'm no where near as bad... Fat spread out pretty even over 6 meals, the first few meals are spead out a little more and then I add the veggies to later meals to help keep me full...

You'll get it dialed in and once you do the BF will just melt off..

last

Thanks Last this is good info.I think the key for me is...and this is something I tell my son to do and then I get in a hurry and don`t do it...but to plan ahead

cook
04-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Worked shoulders and hams today.Gym was dead as can be.This is their last week open and it looks like everyone is gone allready.Oh well more weights for me.
I did smith machine shoulder presses up to 225 x 10...lost a rep here
185x6
135x15 drop sets
Lateral raises 30,35 and 49 x10
rear laterals 45,50,50 x 10

front raises 45x10
65x10
shrugs on a nautilus machine 3 sets x 12 not sure of the weight.it was the whole stack but it didn`t feel too heavy
then I hit hams with lying leg curls,standing and seated

Dre23
04-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Nice training Cook! Keep it up.

And yeah, follow Scott's diet program...he knows his stuff and will get your metabolism on fire again and have you dropping that fat AND likely putting on a few pounds of muscle. Have a great day buddy!

cook
04-26-2012, 08:05 AM
Nice training Cook! Keep it up.

And yeah, follow Scott's diet program...he knows his stuff and will get your metabolism on fire again and have you dropping that fat AND likely putting on a few pounds of muscle. Have a great day buddy!

Thanks Dre I`m honored to have you checking in on me.

s2h
04-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Thanks a lot Scott,this looks like a very doable program.Yes like you I am up very early in the morning.I see the complex carbs are eaten early.I like that.
As I stated before I have been training at 5:30 am on an empty stomach.Starting this Saturday I will be training at 8:30 am but I will be up by 6 so I can get that first meal and have time for it to digest a bit.Thanks again.NP..just trying to help out were i can...8-10 weeks and you will be a diff person..keep us posted..

Hoss06
04-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Keep going strong Cook!

Dre23
04-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Thanks Dre I`m honored to have you checking in on me.

Lol, thanks Cook. It is my pleasure to be able to offer support to you however I can.

cook
04-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Keep going strong Cook!

Thanks Hoss,you know it`s weird,when I get up in the morning and I followed my diet perfectly the day before I probably don`t look any different but I feel a real sense of accomplishment.Do you guys feel like that when you`ve hit everything right?

Hoss06
04-26-2012, 09:17 AM
You bet we do. Knowing that your THAT much closer to your goals is always a great feeling!

Dre23
04-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks Hoss,you know it`s weird,when I get up in the morning and I followed my diet perfectly the day before I probably don`t look any different but I feel a real sense of accomplishment.Do you guys feel like that when you`ve hit everything right?

You bet we do. Knowing that your THAT much closer to your goals is always a great feeling!

EXACTLY what Hoss said! Eating well, even when you don't see the immediate results still makes you feel good and like you accomplished something.

And you may not see/notice the results of all your hard work externally, but trust and believe that things are changing on the inside that will soon manifest themselves on the outside. And then one day you'll see yourself and realize that you are slowly transforming into a new person.

lastson
04-26-2012, 08:18 PM

Yep, and being consistent gets you there faster..

Congrats on the Sticky

Hoss06
04-26-2012, 10:12 PM
A sticky huh? I think you have some great fans following this ;)

s2h
04-27-2012, 05:17 AM
Whats the word cook??...its friday....well for most of you...i have to work all weekend...yeah!!!!!

cook
04-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Whats the word cook??...its friday....well for most of you...i have to work all weekend...yeah!!!!!

It is certainly Friday for me.I am off Sat. Sun and Mon.
Had a good arm workout this morning.This was my last workout at the gym I have been at since 1998.I will work quads at home tomorrow morning.It`s a change but I think I will get some good workouts.I have enough equipment and I can train whenever I want to and do whatever I want to.
I ate real well yesterday and I swear I already feel tighter fromlast week.
yesterdays meals were
6:30 2 scoops whey
8:30 oatmeal 1scoop whey 1 tbs. pb
12:00 grilled chicken,rice
3:00 2 scoops whey
6:00 grilled chicken,green salad a lttle olive oil on it
8:30 2 tbs. pb
Starting tomorrow morning I will eat the oatmeal befora training and the whey after.I will also go to the grocery store and get some almonds to add to a couple of meals.
Anyway so far so good.I hope everyone is off to a good day.

cook
04-27-2012, 08:15 AM
A sticky huh? I think you have some great fans following this ;)

Some great people adding content.
Last: thanks hopefully I can show enough improvement that it makes it worthwhile for people to view.

cook
04-27-2012, 08:48 AM
In the post where s2h posted a sample diet he mentioned he didn`t know what supplements I was taking so it occured to me I haven`t talked much about that.
I am on 200mgs.test cyp a week.Doctor prescribed.
Other than that all I take is a multivitamin.
I have never been a big believer in supplements but I also know things have changed through the years.I remember things called smilax and dibencocide and chromium picolinate back in the early 80`s.They were supposed to give you steroid like gains and the only people gaining were the people selling them.
Anyway I am open to suggestions if anyone has a favorite supplement that they have used.

s2h
04-27-2012, 10:51 AM
In the post where s2h posted a sample diet he mentioned he didn`t know what supplements I was taking so it occured to me I haven`t talked much about that.
I am on 200mgs.test cyp a week.Doctor prescribed.
Other than that all I take is a multivitamin.
I have never been a big believer in supplements but I also know things have changed through the years.I remember things called smilax and dibencocide and chromium picolinate back in the early 80`s.They were supposed to give you steroid like gains and the only people gaining were the people selling them.
Anyway I am open to suggestions if anyone has a favorite supplement that they have used.
Lmao...yeah im with you on the otc way of thinking....i def remember those days when everything was supposed to make you huge and ripped....multi is good...i take a few things ed...some of them are free so thats why i use them...not gonna lie...but i wouldnt take em if i didnt think there was some value to em..

Iforce heart health(its not free)
Iml advanced.cycle support
adex. 5mg eod
watson cyp 200mg ew
250ius hcg e3d
Iml anabolic matrix 2 caps ed
Gummy bear multi vitamins 4 ed(serious i do like the gummy bear ones)

I would say for you cook adex would be sometbing you def need to be on with a 200mg ew cyp dose...if your not on a ai that could def present a problem with fat loss...and a heart healthy oil or mix cap would be good.....are you on adex or aromasin?

cook
04-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Yes I take a small amont of adex.My doctor actually prescribes me 100 mg test but I bumped it up a little.I had bloodwork done while on the 100 mg and estrogen was fine.When I went up to 200 I started taking a small amont of adex.I will actually be going back down to 100 mg around the first of June so when I do bloodwork at the end of June I will be in the "normal" range.

s2h
04-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Yes I take a small amont of adex.My doctor actually prescribes me 100 mg test but I bumped it up a little.I had bloodwork done while on the 100 mg and estrogen was fine.When I went up to 200 I started taking a small amont of adex.I will actually be going back down to 100 mg around the first of June so when I do bloodwork at the end of June I will be in the "normal" range.ok..sounds good...

cook
04-27-2012, 11:21 AM
ok..sounds good...

Thanks S, I honestly believe this battle will be won or lost with my diet.

Hoss06
04-27-2012, 05:17 PM
It is certainly Friday for me.I am off Sat. Sun and Mon.
Had a good arm workout this morning.This was my last workout at the gym I have been at since 1998.I will work quads at home tomorrow morning.It`s a change but I think I will get some good workouts.I have enough equipment and I can train whenever I want to and do whatever I want to.
I ate real well yesterday and I swear I already feel tighter fromlast week.
yesterdays meals were
6:30 2 scoops whey
8:30 oatmeal 1scoop whey 1 tbs. pb
12:00 grilled chicken,rice
3:00 2 scoops whey
6:00 grilled chicken,green salad a lttle olive oil on it
8:30 2 tbs. pb
Starting tomorrow morning I will eat the oatmeal befora training and the whey after.I will also go to the grocery store and get some almonds to add to a couple of meals.
Anyway so far so good.I hope everyone is off to a good day.

Why no casein before bed?

cook
04-27-2012, 05:20 PM

what is the purpose of casein before bed,is it a slow digesting protein?

Hoss06
04-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Lmao...yeah im with you on the otc way of thinking....i def remember those days when everything was supposed to make you huge and ripped....multi is good...i take a few things ed...some of them are free so thats why i use them...not gonna lie...but i wouldnt take em if i didnt think there was some value to em..

Iforce heart health(its not free)
Iml advanced.cycle support
adex. 5mg eod
watson cyp 200mg ew
250ius hcg e3d
Iml anabolic matrix 2 caps ed
Gummy bear multi vitamins 4 ed(serious i do like the gummy bear ones)

I would say for you cook adex would be sometbing you def need to be on with a 200mg ew cyp dose...if your not on a ai that could def present a problem with fat loss...and a heart healthy oil or mix cap would be good.....are you on adex or aromasin?

How does adex assist with fat loss?

Hoss06
04-27-2012, 05:22 PM
what is the purpose of casein before bed,is it a slow digesting protein?

Correct

cook
04-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Correct
I will look into adding it,thanks

GottaGetLean
04-27-2012, 05:27 PM
How does adex assist with fat loss?

Keeps estrogen under control, high estrogen makes it harder to get rid of fat and very easy to put on fat.

Hoss06
04-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Ah that makes sense.

s2h
04-28-2012, 05:46 AM
How does adex assist with fat loss?e2 control....estrogen equals fat...

s2h
04-28-2012, 06:04 AM
Btw cook...i hope your pb isnt skippy!!

bushmaster
04-28-2012, 07:26 AM
I do not agree with Casein protein, I think it's a waste of money. Why waste money on another protein thats slow digesting when you can use whey and add fat too it to slow the GI load? Not trying to argue but casein to me is dumb.

Keeps estrogen under control, high estrogen makes it harder to get rid of fat and very easy to put on fat.
Agreed that's why everyone in the fitness industry takes either an AI or SERM. Females more SERMS to keep it at normal levels but stop it from binding to the E2 receptors.

I agree but from time to time it isn't that bad for you. Almond Butter is a much better choice all around.

Hoss06
04-28-2012, 10:50 AM
I do not agree with Casein protein, I think it's a waste of money. Why waste money on another protein thats slow digesting when you can use whey and add fat too it to slow the GI load? Not trying to argue but casein to me is dumb.

Agreed that's why everyone in the fitness industry takes either an AI or SERM. Females more SERMS to keep it at normal levels but stop it from binding to the E2 receptors.

I agree but from time to time it isn't that bad for you. Almond Butter is a much better choice all around.

Or egg whites with a tbsp pb? I always have a shake with a tbsp pb. To each their own.
For PB- I use Adams Natural. Skippy is crap, IMO

cook
04-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Smuckers natural
Hey guys I found a few minutes to sit down,
Worked leg this morning at home
Did leg extensions on a plate loaded machine
worked up to 3 45`s and a 25 and then did three drop sets
front squats 135x10
185x10
225x10
225x10 again I thought I was going to do 275.I haven`t done these in a year or so and used to do 315 x10 but 225 felt pretty heavy.I will have to work my way back uo.
I then did 3 sets of walking lunges with 40 lb. dbs
Felt pretty good and sticking to the diet
Thanks for checking in guys.

Hoss06
04-28-2012, 01:27 PM
My quads are still sore from yesterday's workout. I LOVE it

s2h
04-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Smuckers natural
Hey guys I found a few minutes to sit down,
Worked leg this morning at home
Did leg extensions on a plate loaded machine
worked up to 3 45`s and a 25 and then did three drop sets
front squats 135x10
185x10
225x10
225x10 again I thought I was going to do 275.I haven`t done these in a year or so and used to do 315 x10 but 225 felt pretty heavy.I will have to work my way back uo.
I then did 3 sets of walking lunges with 40 lb. dbs
Felt pretty good and sticking to the diet
Thanks for checking in guys.225 front squat is very respectable...and 315 is alot of wieght.....those pwl days served you well...i really like lunges...many dismiss them as a chick exercise...but they are a def one of the best all around legg moves out there....btw i did some sissy squats the other day and some guy asked me wtf i was doing(i know him)...kinda a forgotten move...

cook
04-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Hey guys happy Sunday
Worked chest this morning.Did incline barbell presses for the first time in a long while
weights were 135x10
185x10
225x8
275x3 this was not enough reps,will have to lower this weight
incline db press 40x10
80x10
100x8
incline flyes 40x10
60x10
60x8
felt real good,legs are still a little sore from yesterday
All meals have been good
I swear I eat that oatmeal and whey and I feel like I will never be hungry again but about 2 hours later I start getting hungry
S2h yes those walking lunges I think are a great exercise.I feel a real pump in my quads and until you do them you have no idea how winded you get.
Thanks for checking in guys

s2h
04-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Moving some nice wieght there cook...sounds like your metabolism is kicking in since your going from stuffed to hungery in 2 hours...thats really a good sign...gotta love those lunges...i used to go hide in the aerobics room and do em cause no guys ever do them...lol...now i just go a lunging all over the place...step back lunges are also good espc for your glute/ham tie in and if you dont have alot of room...keep it going...abs are right around the corner...

Hoss06
04-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Good work Cook!

cook
04-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Thanks S. and Hoss I`m about to go for a 30 minute walk will check in later

bushmaster
04-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Good chest workout, can't wait till I can move those kind of numbers again.

lastson
04-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Nice workout Cook.. moving some nice weight..

last

lastson
05-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Just checking in to see how your training is going...

I thought of you running stairs this am when I was dieing on my attempt at a 3mile beach run... I have no idea how you did stairs...

last

s2h
05-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Just checking in to see how your training is going...

I thought of you running stairs this am when I was dieing on my attempt at a 3mile beach run... I have no idea how you did stairs...

lasthey last take a walk on the beach in the heavy sand or in the water up to your ankles...thats a serious calorie burner...btw..i sent your addy out for your osta rx prize..will let ya know when it starts to track..

cook
05-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Thanks Last:I hope there are some bikini clad honeys on the beach to help keep you going.No training today except did a 30 minute walk allready and I will hit the bleachers at noon if nothing crazy work wise comes up.
I worked back at home yesterday and did pulldowns,rows,dumbell rows and shrugs.Weights were pretty light I wanted to get some reps in.I am going to be working back every Monday and then should be able to rest most of the day so I want to add a couple more execises and really work it hard with short rest breaks.I am eating oatmeal and whey and peanut butter as I type this.Haven`t deviated from the diet.
Thanks for checking in guys and have a great day.

cook
05-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Allright just got back from the stadium.Ran a dozen bleachers then stopped at a cafe on the way back and got two grilled chicken breasts and a salad.

Dre23
05-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Good job Cook! Killing them bleachers and killing the diet! That's the way to do it.

lastson
05-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Thanks Last:I hope there are some bikini clad honeys on the beach to help keep you going.

Sadly no there are none.. apperently "family " beaches only have women that are pregnant or look like they are... But I feel much better about myself after walking down the beach... :D

Way to kill those bleachers..
last

cook
05-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Sadly no there are none.. apperently "family " beaches only have women that are pregnant or look like they are... But I feel much better about myself after walking down the beach... :D

Way to kill those bleachers..
last

haha oh well it`s still nice to be at the beach.I haven`t been able to get there in some time.

Hoss06
05-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Awesome cook! Way to stay at it!

cook
05-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Awesome cook! Way to stay at it!

Hey Hoss thanks for stopping by.

lastson
05-01-2012, 04:30 PM
hey last take a walk on the beach in the heavy sand or in the water up to your ankles...thats a serious calorie burner...btw..i sent your addy out for your osta rx prize..will let ya know when it starts to track..

I've been chasing a 20 month old, so picture Rocky trying to catch that chicken... Lol

Pretty Damn excited about the Ostra rx hopefully I can provide you with a good log...

last

cook
05-02-2012, 08:16 AM
OK I will be working shoulders tonight and will report on it tomorrow.This will be the first time I have worked out at night in probably 20 years.If you`ve been following you know I have been getting up at 4am and starting training about 5:15.Well my whole split has changed and on Wed and Thursday I will be hitting it at about 7:30 pm.Now for several years I have been going to bed around 9 so I could be up at 4.Well last night I was up till 10:30 just doing general bullshit things and then when I came to bed my wife thought something was wrong because my routine had changed.I just told her sometimes you gotta shake things up.
Anyway I did take a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood here at work and now I`m about to chow on some oatmeal and whey.
I have to get all my meals perfect today and I intend to.

Hoss06
05-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Make it happen Cook, that's all there is to it

cook
05-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Make it happen Cook, that's all there is to it

That`s right,how is your training going?

s2h
05-02-2012, 10:59 AM
I've been chasing a 20 month old, so picture Rocky trying to catch that chicken... Lol

Pretty Damn excited about the Ostra rx hopefully I can provide you with a good log...

lastthe eye of lasts tiger.....chasing youngins around...lol...

s2h
05-02-2012, 11:04 AM
OK I will be working shoulders tonight and will report on it tomorrow.This will be the first time I have worked out at night in probably 20 years.If you`ve been following you know I have been getting up at 4am and starting training about 5:15.Well my whole split has changed and on Wed and Thursday I will be hitting it at about 7:30 pm.Now for several years I have been going to bed around 9 so I could be up at 4.Well last night I was up till 10:30 just doing general bullshit things and then when I came to bed my wife thought something was wrong because my routine had changed.I just told her sometimes you gotta shake things up.
Anyway I did take a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood here at work and now I`m about to chow on some oatmeal and whey.
I have to get all my meals perfect today and I intend to.cook i think were related...i do the same stuff at.the same time ed....when i first started back practicing my golf game my wife asked me if i was having an affair cause my routine changed....lol...i told her i was playing with my balls...def think you will feel some diff things training at nite...strength prob will go up a lil at first....and much fuller harder pumps also...just a guess...keep us posted cook your doing awesome....

cook
05-02-2012, 11:09 AM
cook i think were related...i do the same stuff at.the same time ed....when i first started back practicing my golf game my wife asked me if i was having an affair cause my routine changed....lol...i told her i was playing with my balls...def think you will feel some diff things training at nite...strength prob will go up a lil at first....and much fuller harder pumps also...just a guess...keep us posted cook your doing awesome....

Yeah I think most people who train like we all do become real creatures of habit.I am going to be doing shoulders tonight and arms tomorrow night so these are not workouts that take a whole lot out of me.Like legs or back I will be doing back and legs on weekend mornings just not as early as I have been during the week.

cook
05-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Allright just finished a half chicken from a place called the EL POLO REGIO. chicken cooked on a charcole grill.Damn it tasted so good the more I ate the hungrier I got.How weird is that?

Hoss06
05-02-2012, 05:12 PM
That`s right,how is your training going?

Not bad. Cals increased last week and still at 8% or so. Thanks for asking

seanmech
05-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Found you mate , Smashing thread , I'm along for the ride , keep it up

cook
05-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Found you mate , Smashing thread , I'm along for the ride , keep it up

Cool everyone is welcome

s2h
05-03-2012, 04:56 AM
Hows the wieght coming?..are you gonna try and come down for the branch warren show in july?..dre is gonna fly in...would be cool...i also talked to bencher the other day...hes gonna come down...had some personsl stuff happen and is gonna start posting again...will be looking for abs in july!!!!

cook
05-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Hows the wieght coming?..are you gonna try and come down for the branch warren show in july?..dre is gonna fly in...would be cool...i also talked to bencher the other day...hes gonna come down...had some personsl stuff happen and is gonna start posting again...will be looking for abs in july!!!!

Haven`t weighed since the gym closed.It never occured to me before but I need to get a set of scales.I don`t really need to know what I weigh right now it kind of messes with my head anyway.I can tell things are going in the right direction.I haven`t deviated from the diet since I started this journal and I can see some differences and my clothes are fitting much looser.I wear an old leather lifting belt that is older than most of the people on this board and I am down to a hole that probably thought he would never get used again.So....I gotta say so far so good.
I worked shoulders last night about 7:30
db presses 25x15
40x 10
60x 10
60x12 I was thinking about going to the 80s on this last set but I haven`t done these in awhile and it felt a little awkward.I was also trying to go at a rapid pace.I will do them next week/
lateral raises 25x10
40x10 2sets
rear laterals 40x10
60x10 2sets
front raises w/barbell45x10
65x10
shrugs315x12 3 sets
leg curls 1 leg at a time 25x15 3sets
stiff leg deads 225 x 15 haven`t done these in some time so went easy
Diet was on point all day and I feel great this morning
Thanks for checking in guys

cook
05-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Oh and s2h keep me up to date on this get together in July.I would love to get down there if possible.

Hoss06
05-03-2012, 10:08 AM
How was ur strength/energy with the new training time?

cook
05-03-2012, 10:14 AM
How was ur strength/energy with the new training time?

Felt good except I started too soon after eating.I should have waited another 30 minutes.Had that full feeling in my stomach

Hoss06
05-03-2012, 10:43 AM
I did fasted training at 4AM last week...only a slight decrease in strength if you ever want to try it.

cook
05-03-2012, 10:48 AM
I did fasted training at 4AM last week...only a slight decrease in strength if you ever want to try it.

Well that`s the way I have been training for years early in the morning but I thought I would try something different.I think I got so used to training on an empty stomach that it will take a little time for me to get used to training with some food in my stomach.

s2h
05-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Will keep ya posted cook....so how old is that belt??

cook
05-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Will keep ya posted cook....so how old is that belt??

I got it in the very early 80s.It`s 30 or 31 years old.

cook
05-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Allright just had 3 pieces of grilled chicken.My wife said I eat so much chicken I will soon start laying eggs......that would be sweet...think of the money I would save

s2h
05-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Lol....i have moments with chicken....sometimes i like it sometimes not....my wife makes it 3-4 times ew...but i refuse to eat tilipia.....the last show i did...my diet guy had me eat tilipia 4 times ed...for 16 weeks...i hate that stuff...

cook
05-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Lol....i have moments with chicken....sometimes i like it sometimes not....my wife makes it 3-4 times ew...but i refuse to eat tilipia.....the last show i did...my diet guy had me eat tilipia 4 times ed...for 16 weeks...i hate that stuff...

yeah that would be too much fish for me.
I worked arms last night.Started with close grip benches,
weights were 135x10
185x10
225x10
ez curl bar tricep extensions
110x10 2 sets
pushdowns on lat machine
70lbs x10 3 sets with 10 sec rests
curls 45x12
105 x12
db curls 25x10
40s x12
straight bar curls lying face down on incline bench
55x10 3 sets 10 sec rests
then worked some forearms and called it a night
arms feel good this morning
diet yesterday was good
6:30 oatmeal
9 protein drink
12 grilled chicken
2 lowfat cottage cheese...I don`t eat this often but I had to go on the road and this is all I could find other than a cheeseburger or some shit
6:00 baked chicken and spinach
8:30 more chicken and a scoop of pb
no training today just cardio
just gotta stick to the diet and keep on rolling along
have a great day guys

cook
05-04-2012, 02:07 PM
So right before lunch today this customer shows up at work and he`s an old friend and he wants to lose some weight he tells me.He`s about 5-6 and must be about 230 and way overweight.I asked him what he eats during a normal day and he tells me."Oh for breakfast I eat oatmeal with egg whites for lunch I have grilled chicken and salad and for dinner I have grilled tilapia and green vegetables"....Well this guy is probably 35 percent bodyfat and I know he ain`t eating no grilled tilapia so I asked him now honestly how many times have you eaten in a day what you just told me.He said well to tell you the truth that is what I plan to eat but every day instead he gets hungry and ends up eating mexican food or cheeseburgers.I told him yeah that is what I thought.I told him to come up with a diet he could actually stick to and stick to it.

seanmech
05-04-2012, 03:22 PM
weights were 135x10
185x10
225x10
110x10 2 sets
pushdowns on lat machine
curls 45x12
105 x12
db curls 25x10
40s x12
diet yesterday was good
9 protein drink
12 grilled chicken
2 lowfat cottage cheese...I don`t eat this often but I had to go on the road and this is all I could find other than a cheeseburger or some shit
have a great day guys

Good day there cook!

cook
05-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Good day there cook!

Hey thanks for checking in Sean,yeah one day at a time

Hoss06
05-04-2012, 05:49 PM
weights were 135x10
185x10
225x10
110x10 2 sets
pushdowns on lat machine
curls 45x12
105 x12
db curls 25x10
40s x12
diet yesterday was good
9 protein drink
12 grilled chicken
have a great day guys

So 6AM was oats...no protein other then the trace protein?
9AM-only protein?
12-no carbs?
2-little to no carbs
6 and 830-same....

Why so low on carbs and fats? Im just curious and I would hate for u to be so low on energy at the beginning of a diet...then chancing muscle loss if u r low without higher protein...just my .02

Hoss06
05-04-2012, 05:53 PM
So right before lunch today this customer shows up at work and he`s an old friend and he wants to lose some weight he tells me.He`s about 5-6 and must be about 230 and way overweight.I asked him what he eats during a normal day and he tells me."Oh for breakfast I eat oatmeal with egg whites for lunch I have grilled chicken and salad and for dinner I have grilled tilapia and green vegetables"....Well this guy is probably 35 percent bodyfat and I know he ain`t eating no grilled tilapia so I asked him now honestly how many times have you eaten in a day what you just told me.He said well to tell you the truth that is what I plan to eat but every day instead he gets hungry and ends up eating mexican food or cheeseburgers.I told him yeah that is what I thought.I told him to come up with a diet he could actually stick to and stick to it.

If you don't eat according to your goals, don't expect to reach them.
This is why I prep my meals for the week on a weekend day. It only takes a couple of hours and I know Im set for the week on food, so there Is no excuse to be off of it.

cook
05-04-2012, 06:01 PM
So 6AM was oats...no protein other then the trace protein?
9AM-only protein?
12-no carbs?
2-little to no carbs
6 and 830-same....

Why so low on carbs and fats? Im just curious and I would hate for u to be so low on energy at the beginning of a diet...then chancing muscle loss if u r low without higher protein...just my .02
Yesterday morning yes it was oats only.But only because I was out of whey.I ran to the store afterwards and got another jug.I find I lose weight faster on low carbs and I am trying to keep them low especially late.It`s a little difficult to get a real accurate measurement on the fat in all the chicken I`m eating.
Do you think I should add more carbs?

Hoss06
05-04-2012, 07:39 PM
I would....be consistent though. Dont bounce ur macros around too much!

s2h
05-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Yesterday morning yes it was oats only.But only because I was out of whey.I ran to the store afterwards and got another jug.I find I lose weight faster on low carbs and I am trying to keep them low especially late.It`s a little difficult to get a real accurate measurement on the fat in all the chicken I`m eating.
Do you think I should add more carbs?low carbs is fine...actually being fine on low carbs is even better....so i wont add any carbs with what your working to accomplish...but i would add in healthy fat...your going to start to run low on energy soon on that diet and muscle is the bodies fastest fuel source...so you will lose wieght but the wrong kind...with your whey islote shakes add in 12-15 almonds..with your meal 3 meal and on either put a romaine salad with 2 tps olive oil...or in the meals with veggies add the same olive oil...with that kind of diet its a must you have fats to fuel your body...or your going 1 step forward and 2 steps back....

bushmaster
05-06-2012, 08:14 AM
low carbs is fine...actually being fine on low carbs is even better....so i wont add any carbs with what your working to accomplish...but i would add in healthy fat...your going to start to run low on energy soon on that diet and muscle is the bodies fastest fuel source...so you will lose wieght but the wrong kind...with your whey islote shakes add in 12-15 almonds..with your meal 3 meal and on either put a romaine salad with 2 tps olive oil...or in the meals with veggies add the same olive oil...with that kind of diet its a must you have fats to fuel your body...or your going 1 step forward and 2 steps back....
Amen! Fat is your friend and essential on low carb. I see this mistake all too often with people wanting to lose. Very good advice here.

lastson
05-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Amen! Fat is your friend and essential on low carb. I see this mistake all too often with people wanting to lose. Very good advice here.

Completely agree with S2H and BM.. when I started keto, I wasn't doing.the best job of spreading my fats evenly thru my meals and would really crash later in the day.. energy levels are much better now that I've learned to spread them out...

last

cook
05-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Ok guys I made a few adjustments on the diet per your advices.
yesterdays looked like
1st meal oatmeal,2 scoops whey
2nd meal steak,rice
3rd protein drink,10almonds
4th grilled ground sirloin patty,rice green beans
5th exactly same as 4th
6th protein drink 10 almonds
adding fat intentionally is a lttle strage feeling for me but if it will keep my energy up good.I will neede it.
worked quads yesterday and then chest this morning
about the same as last week everything felt pretty good
I went up to the high school track yesterday afternoon and for 30 minutes ran the straihts and walked the curves on the quarter mile track.It was about 95 degrees and very humid.I got quiet a good sweat going.
Thanks for chiming in guys and also on the diet advice don`t hesitate if you see something I am doing you don`t think will work.I didn`t start this thread just to hear how great I am.
Thanks guys and have an awesome Sunday

s2h
05-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Nice training cook....gotta love those bleachers and high school track.....making the most out of your tax dollars....diet looks much improved....hang with us on this...i.know to many the fat word brings fear....i think your going to be amazes at your energy levels and more so fat loss.....

Hoss06
05-06-2012, 04:55 PM
If others agree, try adding some natural pb for the fats too. I'm a PB addict I use it (or avacado) as a fat source when possible.

lastson
05-06-2012, 06:06 PM
If others agree, try adding some natural pb for the fats too. I'm a PB addict I use it (or avacado) as a fat source when possible.

I love using peanut and almond butter in my shakes

last

Hoss06
05-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Any meal that calls for a shake and PB I automatically make sludge.

s2h
05-07-2012, 04:52 AM
Pb and avacados do make good fat sources......just gotta be carefull not to eat the whole jar...i had this figure girl that couldnt lose wieght....and i couldnt figure outt why not.....then her roomate snitched on her...her i tps of pb was a entire jar every nite...lol....

Hoss06
05-07-2012, 07:51 AM
LOL! PB is an addiction

lastson
05-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Any meal that calls for a shake and PB I automatically make sludge.

I need to try that... My new thing is PB2 powdered peanut butter in my shakes... Same taste with less fat (when I need less)

Pb and avacados do make good fat sources......just gotta be carefull not to eat the whole jar...i had this figure girl that couldnt lose wieght....and i couldnt figure outt why not.....then her roomate snitched on her...her i tps of pb was a entire jar every nite...lol....

I could easily eat a jar, with some cut up apples... Heaven

last

bushmaster
05-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Almond Butter is much healthier and it's my vice. I could eat jars of it in a sitting. I'd be happy eating pretzels dipped in it. I love avocado a well. I am a firm believer everyone needs to change foods often as every food offer different nutrients.

D-NUTZ
05-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Almond Butter is much healthier and it's my vice. I could eat jars of it in a sitting. I'd be happy eating pretzels dipped in it. I love avocado a well. I am a firm believer everyone needs to change foods often as every food offer different nutrients.

Almond butter is healthier? Whys that?

Everything looks good Cook!

cook
05-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Morning guys,on the subject of fats yes I agree on the peanut butter.I have a scoop after a couple of my meals.I don`t know what it is about pb when dieting but damn does it taste good.Like the gal s2h was talking about I too could eat the whole jar.
Today is a day off of the weights and I do need it.I`m pretty sore after hitting it hard Sat,Sun and Mon.Worked back yesterday.Did 3 warmup sats of pulldowns and then a heavy set for 12 reps.
then did underhand rows SS with overhand
225x10 then overhand x8 for two sets
db rows 80x10
100x10 2sets
added rack deads this week
225x10
315x10
405x6 bar just below the knee
shrugs 315x12 3 sets
worked some calves and then finished with some abs
diet went good all day.I was really hungry all day but didn`t stray from it
meal one was oatmeal and protein powder
meal 2 2 beef patties ,green salad and rice
meal 3 protein drink and scoop pb
meal 4 8 ounce steak spinach
meal 5 same as 4
meal 6 protein drink and scoop pb
been two weeks since I started this diet.Seems longer but I`m just getting into the groove.Honestley I am not having any bad cravings for any junk.My grandson was over on Saturday and he was eating pop tarts and I really wasn`t tempted.I haven`t weighed but things are fitting a lot looser.Strength is still pretty good.
Thanks for checking in guys and thanks for all the suggestions.You don`t know how much it is appreciated.

Hoss06
05-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Obviously the mirror is a great tool and I recommend it, but 2 weeks on dying to see what your new weight might be....

cook
05-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Obviously the mirror is a great tool and I recommend it, but 2 weeks on dying to see what your new weight might be....

Yeah all these years it never occured to me to get a set of scales because there always was one at the gym.I will go and get a set so I can see how the weight is going.

s2h
05-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Looking good cook...moving some solid wieght.....curious to hear your scale results...

bushmaster
05-08-2012, 12:40 PM

Micronutrients!! Almond Butter contains 40% daily need for Vitamin E, 25% magnesium, 8% iron and calcium.

bushmaster
05-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Cook your diet looks much better but why so low on fats and calories? I cut on about 1,000 more calories than that. For me I would of started with calories much higher and just made the changes to eating healthy. Then lower slowly. What happens if you stall out? Just going to keep going lower or more cardio? Don't take any of this the wrong way but you look to have a good amount of size to eat that little unless your thyroid is shot.

lastson
05-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Micronutrients!! Almond Butter contains 40% daily need for Vitamin E, 25% magnesium, 8% iron and calcium.

That is good to know... and Almond butter is delicious....

Things are looking good Cook, Once you get the diet down ( which looks like you have ) I'm sure the fat will start melting off..

Last

cook
05-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Cook your diet looks much better but why so low on fats and calories? I cut on about 1,000 more calories than that. For me I would of started with calories much higher and just made the changes to eating healthy. Then lower slowly. What happens if you stall out? Just going to keep going lower or more cardio? Don't take any of this the wrong way but you look to have a good amount of size to eat that little unless your thyroid is shot.

OK what I ate yesterday I figured to be about 2800 cals.Protein was right about 300 grams.Hard to tell exactly on the fat but I had two tablespoons peanut butter along with red meat 3 times.I guess without having an exact count that seemed to be a lot of fat?Do you think I would need more cals.?
I assume my thyroid is fine.And I am not the least bit offended.Keep it coming.

bushmaster
05-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Ok cause above PB says a scoop. 2 tbsp is good. Maybe add in some fish oils to your pwo to stop inflammation and add a tbsp of macnut oil (or extra vigin olive oil) to meals 2,4,5.

cook
05-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Ok cause above PB says a scoop. 2 tbsp is good. Maybe add in some fish oils to your pwo to stop inflammation and add a tbsp of macnut oil (or extra vigin olive oil) to meals 2,4,5.
Will do,thanks a lot

bushmaster
05-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Will do,thanks a lot
No problemo! You shouldn't be starving while just starting. With the additions you can slowly pull away foods as you plateau. I would keep carbs to breakfast, pre and pwo. Once fat loss stalls pull pwo carbs. Next pull the pre then next bkfast. Of course then you'll be full blown keto and can incorporate a refeed meal (or two) of clean High GI carbs.

Dre23
05-08-2012, 02:11 PM

^^^THIS.

But also, peanuts are NOT nuts...they are legumes, which can cause a cascade of problems since it is one of the most mucus causing foods that one can consume. Also, many people have peanut allergies that can range from mild to severe.

And lastly, the clear differentiating factor between the two: almond butter has 50% more monounsaturated fat and 25% less saturated fat.

bushmaster
05-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Dre I think your wrong. I believe the fat content of mono's and saturated is the same.

D-NUTZ
05-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Interesting...I never new that. Cool, thats BM.

lastson
05-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Morning Cook... Now that your eating before training, have you noticed any difference ? I tried it while on vacation and just felt like a rock in my stomach... But I was thinking about trying a scoop of whey to see that was any better...

Have a good day

last

cook
05-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Morning Cook... Now that your eating before training, have you noticed any difference ? I tried it while on vacation and just felt like a rock in my stomach... But I was thinking about trying a scoop of whey to see that was any better...

Have a good day

last

I kinda feel the same way.I have been on weekends getting up and eating about 6:30 and then training about 8:30.Saturday morning in particular is rough because that is leg day.I am doing pretty high rep sets and I tend to push them till I`m almost sick at the stomach (why do we do this again? ) anyway oatmeal seems to really stick with me a long time.I may also try just a whey shake and then eat the oatmeal and whey after training.

cook
05-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Yesterday was an off day.I didn`t even do cardio.I am reluctant to give in to age on anything and to be honest I have probably overdone it before even when younger but I think I need at least one day a week where I do nothing but rest and eat properly.Now I like everyone else have that little voice in my head saying hey fatass better do some cardio but with lifting 5 days a week and cardio 6 days and sometimes I throw in extra sessions I have to force myself to take a full day off once a week.Will be hitting shoulders,hams and abs tonight so have to hit all my meals properly and get ready.Thanks for checking in guys

bushmaster
05-09-2012, 08:36 AM
If the oatmeal sty with you for a while use Cream of Wheat instead. Faster absorbing.

cook
05-09-2012, 08:59 AM
If the oatmeal sty with you for a while use Cream of Wheat instead. Faster absorbing.

I will try that,thanks

lastson
05-09-2012, 09:09 AM

That's a good idea, didn't know it digested faster...

When I tried it I used a P28 bagel 25gpro / 25g carbs.. so Damn tasty but I only weighted 45 mins..

Cook, I'm not 100% sure, but I would think you would want to keep the carbs in, I was thinking about whey only because I'm running keto... Just not sure how it would effect my cardio since I do it after training

last

cook
05-09-2012, 09:12 AM
That's a good idea, didn't know it digested faster...

When I tried it I used a P28 bagel 25gpro / 25g carbs.. so Damn tasty but I only weighted 45 mins..

Cook, I'm not 100% sure, but I would think you would want to keep the carbs in, I was thinking about whey only because I'm running keto... Just not sure how it would effect my cardio since I do it after training

last

Yeah I will try to keep them in.Of course if I throw them up they aren`t going to be helping much but I`ll try BM `s suggestion

s2h
05-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I will try that,thanks
Cream of rice works well also.....alot of stores dont carry it...will be in the asian section most of the time..

Hoss06
05-09-2012, 10:45 AM

This. My only prob with it is, u get more oats in a serving then cream of wheat..

seanmech
05-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Yesterday was an off day.I didn`t even do cardio.I am reluctant to give in to age on anything and to be honest I have probably overdone it before even when younger but I think I need at least one day a week where I do nothing but rest and eat properly.Now I like everyone else have that little voice in my head saying hey fatass better do some cardio but with lifting 5 days a week and cardio 6 days and sometimes I throw in extra sessions I have to force myself to take a full day off once a week.Will be hitting shoulders,hams and abs tonight so have to hit all my meals properly and get ready.Thanks for checking in guys

Sounds fine to me Cook, your sticking at it bro :)

cook
05-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Sounds fine to me Cook, your sticking at it bro :)

Thanks Sean,thanks for checking in

s2h
05-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Morning guys....some good diet advice by bm with the fats added in...gotta have em...i think.you will get used to training with food in your stomach as time goes on....i eat in the parking lot of the gym sometimes before i go in...keep it going cook your doing well...and your willingness to listen is a huge assest....

lastson
05-10-2012, 06:31 AM
Morning Cook, just checking in.. Hope the training goes well today..

Wish I was able to eat carbs , because now I'm craving coco wheats..

last

cook
05-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Morning guys,Had a good day yesterday.Trained shoulders and hams last night.
db shoulders presses 25x10
40x10
60x10
80x8
laterals 25x10
40x10 2sets
rear laterals 40x10
60 x10 2 sets
6 way lateral raises I think this is what yall call them 15lbs x 2sets
db shrugs 100s x 15 reps with a hard squeeze at top 3 sets
1 leg curls 4 sets each leg 25 lbs first two sets were 20 reps then 15 on last two then 5 sets calf raises and then some rope pulldowns for abs
went at a rapid pace and felt good
meals yesterday were
#1 oatmeal and protein
#2 grilled chkn rice and avacodo
#3 chkn and small amount of rice
#4 chkn green salad with olive oil and a couple of grilled shrimp
#5 grilled beef patty 6 oz.
#6 protein powder mixed with pb (Hoss`s protein sludge)
washed down with a diet dr. pepper
woke up this morning feeling lean.need to go weigh
thanks for checking in guys and thanks for all the suggestions

cook
05-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Morning guys....some good diet advice by bm with the fats added in...gotta have em...i think.you will get used to training with food in your stomach as time goes on....i eat in the parking lot of the gym sometimes before i go in...keep it going cook your doing well...and your willingness to listen is a huge assest....
Thanks S. I trained last night about 30 minutes after eating without much problem.It was shoulders not legs or back but yeah I think I will eventually get used to it.

Hoss06
05-10-2012, 09:46 AM
How was the sludge?

cook
05-10-2012, 10:04 AM
How was the sludge?

mmmmmmmmm

Hoss06
05-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Boom

lastson
05-11-2012, 07:03 AM
Morning Cook, I know you like to step away from the CPU over the weekends, I'm sure you have much better things to do than hangout on Rx.. But have a good weekend and keep sticking to that diet.. Shredded abs in no time..

Last

Dre23
05-11-2012, 07:31 AM
morning cook. just checking in brotha. keep up the good work. victory is at hand!

cook
05-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Morning Cook, I know you like to step away from the CPU over the weekends, I'm sure you have much better things to do than hangout on Rx.. But have a good weekend and keep sticking to that diet.. Shredded abs in no time..

Last

Yeah Grandpa duty gets me on weekends.Thanks for the good thoughts.

cook
05-11-2012, 08:08 AM
morning cook. just checking in brotha. keep up the good work. victory is at hand!

Big Dre thanks man.I know we are getting kind of spread out on here with all the different journals.I know you guys have got my back and I am there for you too.
I worked arms last night.
Did curls 2 warmups with empty bar
105x12
db curls 25x10
40x12
curls face down on the end of incline bench
55x10 3 sets
cable curls 45 lb. plate x10 3 sets
tricep pushdowns 3 sets 45lb. 65 and 75
skullcrushers 110lbs x 10 2 sets
rope pushdowns 45 x 10 3 sets
db kickbacks 25 in each hand 3x10
4 sets forearm work wrist curls and reverse wrist curls
got a lot of volume in and only took about 40 minutes
I`m three weeks in on the diet now.Feels pretty good with a few adjustments I have made.Have`nt been starving except a couple of nights when I didn`t get all the meals in.Adding more fat seems to keep me from these terrible cravings.Truth is I don`t feel an overwelming desire for pizza or Ice cream or any of that.So I have to say it`s going pretty good.I did 30 minutes cardio this morning and I will probably hit the bleachers at lunch.Thanks for the support guys

Dre23
05-11-2012, 11:13 AM
No prob Cook. I don't post in you guys' journals as much as I want to, but you have had my back from the beginning, so I've got to show my love and be there for you guys for support as much as I can.

Hoss06
05-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Cook: I'm the same way my friend. The fats help curb the sweet tooth. Have a great weekend my friend.

cook
05-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Cook: I'm the same way my friend. The fats help curb the sweet tooth. Have a great weekend my friend.

Thanks buddy the same to you

bushmaster
05-11-2012, 12:38 PM

Wish anything made my hunger go away. Even at 4100calories I am ravenous. The only day I feel truely full is the one cheat meal I have on saturday nights.

bushmaster
05-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Big Dre thanks man.I know we are getting kind of spread out on here with all the different journals.I know you guys have got my back and I am there for you too.
105x12
db curls 25x10
40x12
55x10 3 sets
I`m three weeks in on the diet now.Feels pretty good with a few adjustments I have made.Have`nt been starving except a couple of nights when I didn`t get all the meals in.Adding more fat seems to keep me from these terrible cravings.Truth is I don`t feel an overwelming desire for pizza or Ice cream or any of that.So I have to say it`s going pretty good.I did 30 minutes cardio this morning and I will probably hit the bleachers at lunch.Thanks for the support guys

Glad you took our advice, it will only help you lose more in the long run. We got your back and won't let you fail!

cook
05-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Glad you took our advice, it will only help you lose more in the long run. We got your back and won't let you fail!

And you don`t know how much I appreciate it.And that`s the way it should be.All us guys pulling for each other to succeed.It`s still amazing to me that I can sit here in Texas and talk training to guys from all over the country or around the world even and it`s almost like we are all training partners.Sharing Ideas and experiences and figuring out what works and what doesn`t.OK end of rant.

seanmech
05-11-2012, 02:19 PM
105x12
db curls 25x10
40x12
55x10 3 sets

Great workout cook , keep at it buddy :)

s2h
05-11-2012, 06:41 PM
I have everyones back...i wish there was a way to have revolving journals...kinda like the ads behind homeplate at a baseball game...every inning they switch......last....bm....cook....dre...sometimes i get side tracked and forget ine and i feel bad and get back in the board.....

Hoss06
05-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Lol I constantly check on these journals. It's like a p/t job making sure we hold ourselves accountable. It's all good though :)

lastson
05-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Lol I constantly check on these journals. It's like a p/t job making sure we hold ourselves accountable. It's all good though :)

I do the same thing.. its an addiction..

Have a good weekend Cook , enjoy the grandchildren..

s2h
05-13-2012, 05:47 AM
Wish anything made my hunger go away. Even at 4100calories I am ravenous. The only day I feel truely full is the one cheat meal I have on saturday nights.your just a diff animal..lol..you have the meatbolism of a 15 yr old boy going thru puberty...drag racer...

s2h
05-13-2012, 05:49 AM
Lol I constantly check on these journals. It's like a p/t job making sure we hold ourselves accountable. It's all good though :)yepper..my morning has the same routine...awake...coffee..shit..rx muscle training logs..and the last 2 might be at the same time..where ya at cook???

Dre23
05-13-2012, 06:16 AM
Hey Cook!
Hope you're killing it this weekend brother!

bushmaster
05-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Hope your feeling ok Cook and sticking to that diet!

lastson
05-13-2012, 08:21 AM
Same here... Don't let that grandson trick you into a cheat.. those little buggers are sneaky that way... Hope you had a great weekend..

last

bushmaster
05-14-2012, 07:44 AM
Paging Cook! Are you there? Put the cookies down and back on that diet!!

seanmech
05-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Cook you ok bro!? Kicking ass today mate

s2h
05-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Oh cook...where art thou??????....

Hoss06
05-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Cook!!!!

s2h
05-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Im googling cook and dfw to see if he maybe went on a killing spree ir something......

cook
05-15-2012, 08:19 AM
Im googling cook and dfw to see if he maybe went on a killing spree ir something......

Here I am.Thanks for checking on me guys.I couldn`t get on all weekend but I didn`t miss a beat diet or training wise.
Sat. 5-12 quads
leg ext. worked up to a heavy set and did 17 reps and then two drop sets
front squat 135x10
185x10
225x12
lunges with 40 lb. dbs. 3sets x 20
Sunday hit chest
incline bench 135x10
185x10
225x11
incline db 80x10
100x10
100x8
then I did something a little different flat benches with 185 plus 40 lbs. of chains
did 2 sets first set 10 reps second only got 8
flyes 40x10
60x10
60x8
hit back monday lat pulldowns 4 sets
underhand rows 225 x 10 ss with overhand x8 2 sets
db rows 80x 10
100x10 2 sets
rack deads just below knees 225x10
315x10
405x8
shrugs 315 x12 for 3 sets
everything felt pretty good and stuck to the diet all weekend (in spite of the grandson)
Just got back from a little morning cardio
weighed Sunday morning before eating and was 211 so down from 224 in 3 weeks.
Still feel pretty strong.
Thanks for checking in guys and for having my back.
Knowing I have to report all this is plenty of motivation when I am watching TV Saturday night and everyone else is eating a big bowl of ice cream.Thanks a lot guys.

cook
05-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Oh and how many constitutes a spree?

s2h
05-15-2012, 09:58 AM
More then 2 would have to be killed...lol..i actually almost purchased a blood hound to try and track you....glad you stuck firm to diet and training...pretty dramatic wieght loss...got the water and crap off looks like...shouls look to settle in at 2 lbs ish ee or so...dont want to drop to much of the wrong kind of wieght...fyi..im doing cardio right now and some dude is legg pressing and just screaming...i think hes gonna bust a nut...

cook
05-15-2012, 10:03 AM
More then 2 would have to be killed...lol..i actually almost purchased a blood hound to try and track you....glad you stuck firm to diet and training...pretty dramatic wieght loss...got the water and crap off looks like...shouls look to settle in at 2 lbs ish ee or so...dont want to drop to much of the wrong kind of wieght...fyi..im doing cardio right now and some dude is legg pressing and just screaming...i think hes gonna bust a nut...

haha yeah love the screamers.Yeah I figured I lost a lot of water weight.I told yall about three years ago when I lost a lot of weight and way too much muscle.Of course I wasn`t eating nearly enough protein.I will have to monitor this closely.

Hoss06
05-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Agree with S2H. Glad to see the water crap is going and progress is happening.

lastson
05-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Welcome back Cook, as you can see your presence was missed... Good to hear your still pounding away and not letting that ice cream crash the diet.. Keep consistent and the results have to come, there is no other option.

Last

cook
05-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Hoss and Last thanks for checking in on old man Cook.I just polished off about 10 oz. grilled chicken with a small order of rice and a scoop of guacamole I got from a cute lttle chica down the street.

seanmech
05-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Great work cook you been smashing it

seanmech
05-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Ps thats for stoping by and giving your support means alot mate

s2h
05-15-2012, 05:53 PM
I love guac...i could eat guac on just about anytbing....as cook knows its part of the territory we live in...nothin beats a lil taco stand on the side of the road....beef fajita on corn for this gringo...

cook
05-16-2012, 08:08 AM
I love guac...i could eat guac on just about anytbing....as cook knows its part of the territory we live in...nothin beats a lil taco stand on the side of the road....beef fajita on corn for this gringo...

Yes I work on the northside of Ft. Worth and there is a taqueria on the corner of every block up here.

cook
05-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Just got back from morning cardio.Shoulders tonight so nothing too exciting to report.I thought I would take a minute to talk about how I started weight training.I played football in high school and I know that is were a lot of kids start but I was on the last few years of coaches not encouraging it.I actually was through with football my senior year and was kinda wandering around when the first Rocky movie came out.After watching Stallone (who was unknown at this time) training it got me fired up and I knew I wanted to do something competitive.I just didn`t know what,so I was in a Walden bookstore kinda going through some books and I remember looking up and seeing Ed Corney on the cover of Pumping Iron.This was early 1977 so the movie had not come out yet.I bought the book and read about Arnold and Franco and was hooked.The problem was there were almost no gyms and the book pumping iron even though it was about bodybuilding it really didn`t tell you how to do it.Well I found a guy who went to my school but was about 5 years older who powerlifted out of a home gym.I went over and he had me do a max in the squat.Well I was 205 lbs. allready but not very solid and I do a deep squat with 300lbs.He says "hey thats pretty good" and that was all I needed to hear.The problem was I was not able to train with him so I finally found a Bally`s gym that was mostly machines and carpet.I read somewhere in PI that Arnold did 30 sets for chest so I started doing 30 sets for every bodypart.I also found an article in Penthouse about bodybuilding and some guy was eating nothing but tuna and water so I went on a similar diet.In about 4 months I diet down to 165lbs and I wasn`t squatting because all they had were machines whenI wandered into a real gym called the Arington Athletic Club.There were some really big guys there and when I squatted for them I can`t remember how much but nowhere near the 300 I originally did.They said dude you gotta start eating.So with some proper guidance I was able to put on some size and strength.It actually came fast because I was so depleted that when I started eatin I just blew up. Anyway I`ve been hooked every since.

bushmaster
05-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Just got back from morning cardio.Shoulders tonight so nothing too exciting to report.I thought I would take a minute to talk about how I started weight training.I played football in high school and I know that is were a lot of kids start but I was on the last few years of coaches not encouraging it.I actually was through with football my senior year and was kinda wandering around when the first Rocky movie came out.After watching Stallone (who was unknown at this time) training it got me fired up and I knew I wanted to do something competitive.I just didn`t know what,so I was in a Walden bookstore kinda going through some books and I remember looking up and seeing Ed Corney on the cover of Pumping Iron.This was early 1977 so the movie had not come out yet.I bought the book and read about Arnold and Franco and was hooked.The problem was there were almost no gyms and the book pumping iron even though it was about bodybuilding it really didn`t tell you how to do it.Well I found a guy who went to my school but was about 5 years older who powerlifted out of a home gym.I went over and he had me do a max in the squat.Well I was 205 lbs. allready but not very solid and I do a deep squat with 300lbs.He says "hey thats pretty good" and that was all I needed to hear.The problem was I was not able to train with him so I finally found a Bally`s gym that was mostly machines and carpet.I read somewhere in PI that Arnold did 30 sets for chest so I started doing 30 sets for every bodypart.I also found an article in Penthouse about bodybuilding and some guy was eating nothing but tuna and water so I went on a similar diet.In about 4 months I diet down to 165lbs and I wasn`t squatting because all they had were machines whenI wandered into a real gym called the Arington Athletic Club.There were some really big guys there and when I squatted for them I can`t remember how much but nowhere near the 300 I originally did.They said dude you gotta start eating.So with some proper guidance I was able to put on some size and strength.It actually came fast because I was so depleted that when I started eatin I just blew up. Anyway I`ve been hooked every since.

Good stuff. I can't imagine bodybuilding before the interwebz. Now all information is readily availabe within seconds.

cook
05-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Good stuff. I can't imagine bodybuilding before the interwebz. Now all information is readily availabe within seconds.
Yeah I could have used google back then.How did you become interested in this?

bushmaster
05-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Yeah I could have used google back then.How did you become interested in this?

Magazines as a kid. I was always ok at every sport I played but never had good guidance in the offseasons. With bodybuildig it's year round whether putting on size or cutting. That keeps me interested all the time. I also love the fact your only competing against yourself because you never know who wil show up on that given day. I served 5yrs in the military and of those 27months in Iraq. I got out and did another 12 months overseas (6 in Iraq, 6 in Afghanistan) as a contractor. I have aways liked discipline and without structure in my day I fall apart. Bodybuilding just fits into my personality.

cook
05-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Magazines as a kid. I was always ok at every sport I played but never had good guidance in the offseasons. With bodybuildig it's year round whether putting on size or cutting. That keeps me interested all the time. I also love the fact your only competing against yourself because you never know who wil show up on that given day. I served 5yrs in the military and of those 27months in Iraq. I got out and did another 12 months overseas (6 in Iraq, 6 in Afghanistan) as a contractor. I have aways liked discipline and without structure in my day I fall apart. Bodybuilding just fits into my personality.

Yeah I`m much the same.It gives me that little something to look forward to each day.That anticipation of improvement I guess.

Hoss06
05-16-2012, 10:04 AM
I could not imagine the way BB was without any sources such as magazines, web, etc back then.
Sometimes, during cardio, I think "I'd go insane without music to keep me going" ...back then they didn't have iPods, MP3, etc.

lastson
05-16-2012, 10:08 AM

Good story, I like that part about how you were looing in Penthouse for bodybuilding information... very interesting lol

I kinda started the same way, I was a 105 pound freshman wanting to be a CB and I was told that I had a good shot at starting, but just didn't have the size.. So our HS had just started a power lifting team, which I think ws just a way to get around the HS football training limitations.. So anyways at 105 I was one of the smallest guys on the team and usually only had a few guys in my weight class, so did pretty well.. and started gaining weight and was hooked... I just wish college, beer and then a family didn't get in the way.. lol

cook
05-16-2012, 10:22 AM
I could not imagine the way BB was without any sources such as magazines, web, etc back then.
Sometimes, during cardio, I think "I'd go insane without music to keep me going" ...back then they didn't have iPods, MP3, etc.
I later found out there were magazines like Muscular Development and Muscle builder but you had to go to newstands and bookstores to find them.They didn`t have them at your convenience stores and grocery stores like they do now.After I got started I used to buy a couple of these every month and it was funny but after the Mr. Olympia or Universe contests it might take you 6 months to find out who won.That`s how long it took to get it in the magazines and they sure as Hell weren`t talking about it on TV

s2h
05-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Lol...pretty cool old school stories....i will never forget the time i dropped a 45lb plate on my blue blinky pager...maybe a few of yall remember those...but only cook would have been around when i would wear my members only jacket to warm up in at 6th period pwl team practice....i was fresh with my parted down the middle...feathered back mullet....

cook
05-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Lol...pretty cool old school stories....i will never forget the time i dropped a 45lb plate on my blue blinky pager...maybe a few of yall remember those...but only cook would have been around when i would wear my members only jacket to warm up in at 6th period pwl team practice....i was fresh with my parted down the middle...feathered back mullet....
aaahhhh yes I remember well

lastson
05-16-2012, 12:24 PM
I'll never forget the conversation I had with my father wondering why I had pictures of "men in their underware" on my walls.. good times

last