PDA

View Full Version : Mastersfreak63 gets stage ready with the "ADVANCED RECOVERY STACK" from FUSION..

mastersfreak63
04-20-2012, 01:04 PM
This log will cronicle my progress as I get stage ready with the "Advance Recovery Stack" from FUSION BODYBUIDLING.

At the moment I am still in GROW mode w/prep starting around the end of July- hitting the stage in OCT.

Advanced Muscle Recovery
http://fusionbodybuilding.com/stacks...uscle_Recovery

ZEUS, the worlds strongest natural test booster. The following link includes supplement facts, dosing info, and the science behind ZEUS.
http://fusionbodybuilding.com/zeus

PURPLE-K, the KING of creatine. Outstanding bioavailability..
http://fusionbodybuilding.com/purplek

AGENT-M BCAA Powder. Please read the details about the worlds most effective BCAA supplement. It well be worth your time.
For me personally AGENT-M has been a god send so to speak. Many BCAA's are so enriched with sucralose that it has a very syrupy taste and it does not settle well on my stomach.
AGENT-M is perfectly balanced.
http://fusionbodybuilding.com/agentm-powder

GLUTAMEND. Again, take the time to read the facts about GLUTAMEND, it is so much more than just simple glutamine.
http://fusionbodybuilding.com/glutamend

Gym God
04-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Add some pictures to this log.... BAM!

mastersfreak63
04-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Today is a recovery day for me, so no workout to log. Tomorrow is legs and I am really looking forward to hitting them again. Last week my workout was so intense I was sore for about 3 days. See if I can make that happen again :)

Gym God
04-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Today is a recovery day for me, so no workout to log. Tomorrow is legs and I am really looking forward to hitting them again. Last week my workout was so intense I was sore for about 3 days. See if I can make that happen again :)

LOL... perfect timing for this stack, then!

mastersfreak63
04-23-2012, 09:41 AM
SUMMARY:
Chest Day: I am back to high volume workouts for a few weeks and very happy about that. Got to the gym with an extreme focus and a goal to really "Train Past the Pain". I left the gym very pleased with how things went.

First meal this morning was about a 650 calorie shake, and a dose of ZEUS, another serving of ZEUS before bed

30 minutes prior to workout: Agent-M/Glutamend

15 prior: Purple-K/FUBAR

Post WO: Agent-M/Glutamend

HS Incline Chest
8 sets

Peck Deck
6 sets

Machine Press
6 sets

Incline DB Press
3 sets

mastersfreak63
04-23-2012, 07:11 PM
SUMMARY:
BACK DAY: If felt really good to get back to high volume, nothing beats that kind of pump, ( i know i've said that before :) ). My rep ranges were from 10-18+. Tomorrow is a leg day, can't wait.

First meal this morning was about a 650 calorie shake, and a dose of ZEUS, another serving of ZEUS before bed

30 minutes prior to workout: Agent-M/Glutamend

Post WO: Agent-M/Glutamend

RACK DEADS
6 sets

V-BAR PD's
5 sets

Seated Rows
5 sets

Straight Arm PD's
4 sets

Gym God
04-24-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm enjoying the color coding. Keeps things alive!

Has the FUBAR interupted your sleeping pattern at all, or is all good?

mastersfreak63
04-24-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm enjoying the color coding. Keeps things alive!

Has the FUBAR interupted your sleeping pattern at all, or is all good?

Not in the least. What I notice when using FUBAR is focus, drive and energy, and not being overly stimulated to where my heart rate goes through the roof duing high volume training..

mastersfreak63
04-24-2012, 08:11 PM
SUMMARY:
Tortuous leg day. I went to failure on most every set. I had such an insane pump after my alternating leg presses that it felt funny walking over to perform the standing leg curls.
My goal was to surpass last weeks leg workout, and the burn I got on the leg extensions was truly brutal. I had a nauseated feeling for about an hour after my workout was over. WICKED....
First meal this morning was about a 650 calorie shake, and a dose of ZEUS, another serving of ZEUS, before bed

30 minutes prior to workout: Agent-MGlutamend

Post WO: Agent-MGlutamend

ALter Leg Presses
8 sets

Standing Leg Curls
8 sets sets

Alter Leg Extensions
8 sets

Seated leg curl
6 sets

Free Motion Squats
4 sets

mastersfreak63
04-26-2012, 10:56 AM
SUMMARY:
ARMS/SHOULDERS in the books. Really solid high volume work. Rep ranges were from 12-20+ and many to failure. Getting that kind of pump is just a huge rush for me. ....

First meal this morning was about a 650 calorie shake, and a dose of ZEUS, another serving of ZEUS, before bed

Skull Crushers
8 sets

BB Curls
8 sets sets

Reverse Tricep PD
4 sets

Alter DB Curls
4 sets

Rope PD
2 sets to failure

Cable Curls
2 sets to failure

Seated Press
7 sets

Lateral Raises w/cable
4 sets

Revers Fly's
4 sets

mastersfreak63
04-27-2012, 12:34 PM
SUMMARY:
CHEST= DEMOLISHED....Wicked chest day, I did several sets with reps 25, 30 and higher. I had a very extreme pump which was my goal. I am not an overly strong person so I have to rely on high volume for growth, good thing it works :) ....

HS Incline Press
6 sets

Cable Cross Overs
5 sets sets

HS Chest Press
5 sets (30+ reps per set)

Peck Deck
5 sets (25+ reps per set)

mastersfreak63
04-28-2012, 10:19 PM
SUMMARY:
Today was kind of a maintenence day for me. I focused on ab's and calves. I work out each body part once a week except for calves which I hit twice and my ab's three times. I use to run triathlons so it takes a lot of work to get my calves to respond...

Standing Calf Raises
10 sets

Seated Calf
8 sets

Cybex Ab Crunch
8 sets

Standing Cybex Crunch
6 sets

Reverse Incline Leg Raises
3 sets

mastersfreak63
04-29-2012, 08:14 PM
SUMMARY:
BIG...BACK day. I had a routine in mind before I got to the gym, but changed my mind once I got started. I decided to make all of my movements compound exercises and see if I could still work the high volume I planned on...........YES!! Really solid, solid session...Another reason I changed my mind of because of what I ate this morning, not that is was bad but that I had a ton more calories than normal. My fiance made homemade blueberry pancakes....and yes I ate several on top of the shake I usually have...
:) ....

First meal this morning was about a 850 calorie shake, and a dose of ZEUS, another serving of ZEUS, before bed

RACK DEADS
7 sets (7th set was 25 reps)

T-BAR
5 sets (3x45lb plates)

BENT OVER ROWS
6 sets

LAT PD
6 sets

mastersfreak63
04-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Today is a recovery day for me and I am certainly feeling yesterdays back workout. My rhomboids and traps are very sore :).
I've really focused on properly recovering, and taking in the right nutrition and supplementation.

I have slightly raised my protein levels today as well as making sure I've taken the appropriate amount of BCAA's and Glutamine.
AGENT-M and GLUTAMEND have allowed me to recover faster than usual and get back in the gym to really hit it hard the next day.....
Tomorrow, LEGS!!!

Gym God
05-01-2012, 01:05 PM
You know you trained hard when your rhomboids and traps sore! Nice!

mastersfreak63
05-02-2012, 08:55 AM
SUMMARY:
LEGS and they wereDEMOLISED.I really killed this workout. I could have left the gym after squats and the seated leg curl and would have been completely happy about how things went.
It is workouts like this one that reinforce my belief in intra workout supplementation. I sincerely think having BCAA's mixed with glutamine helped me get through this one, and specifically that is was Agent-M and Glutamend. They are both much more than just simple BCAA and Glutamine solutions

First meal this morning was about a 850 calorie shake, and a dose of ZEUS, another serving of ZEUS, before bed

Free Motion Squats
7 sets

Seated Leg Curl
6 sets

Alter Leg Press
5 sets

Standing Leg Curl
5 sets

Alter Leg Extensions
8 sets

Standing Leg Curls yes, again
2 sets to failure

Gym God
05-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Strong session! What's your typical regimin for post-workout? PWO shake followed by a PWO meal... and what is it?

mastersfreak63
05-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Strong session! What's your typical regimin for post-workout? PWO shake followed by a PWO meal... and what is it?

Usually post WO is a mix of AGENT-M and GLUTAMEND, then I do follow that with about a 60g protein shake mixed w/peanut butter OR I'll have a couple of beef patties and some rice.

mastersfreak63
05-03-2012, 04:36 PM
SUMMARY:
ARMS....can you say wasted!!?? I literally had the best arm workout today ever! Many know that my goal from one workout to the next is to always surpass the previous one and today I did just that. Talk about "Training Past the Pain"....

SKULL CRUSHERS
6 sets

BB CURL
6 sets

Reverse Grip PD
5 sets

Alter Curl Cybex Machine
10 sets

Alter Rope PD
3 sets (40 plus reps each set)

Alter DB Curls
3 sets to failure

mastersfreak63
05-06-2012, 09:31 PM
SUMMARY:
MEGA BACK Day/Light Biceps....I've never performed more than 22 sets or so, but I went 30 sets on my back today. As much as I love high volume training I've decided to take it up another notch. It was a great feeling of accomplishment walking out of the gym today having done that many sets.

I have been using Agent-MGlutamend post workout but because of my decision to increase the volume of my workouts, I am using them during my workout.

Inta WO: Agent-MGlutamend

T-Bar Rows
8 sets

Lat PD
8 sets

Seated Row Dybex Machine
4 sets (sets 3&4 were drop sets)

Reverse Peck Deck
4 sets

Straight Arm PD
6 sets

Alter DB Curls
2 sets to failure

Gym God
05-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Dang! Strong volume in here!

mastersfreak63
05-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Dang! Strong volume in here!

Ha, and I'm just getting warmed up!! :)

mastersfreak63
05-07-2012, 01:54 PM
SUMMARY:
Crazy wicked CHEST day and another day of high volume, 25 sets :) . Hopefully if I continue to recovery well, and my body improves its condition I can continue to increase my sets. Today was just awesome..........

I have been using Agent-M Glutamend post workout but because of my decision to increase the volume of my workouts, I am using them during my workout.

HS Incline Press
9 sets

Cable CrossOvers
8 sets

HS Chest Press
4 sets

Peck Deck
4 sets

mastersfreak63
05-08-2012, 01:25 PM
SUMMARY:
Mind blowing leg day. Some how I just keep digging and pushing past the pain. 26 sets on my quads. Walking out of the gym was laughable. I do however wish I had eaten just a little more, but there is next week. :)

I have been using Agent-M Glutamend post workout but because of my decision to increase the volume of my workouts, I am using them during my workout.

Free Motion Squat
8 sets

Seated Leg Curl
8 sets

Leg Press
8 sets

Standing/Alter Leg Curl
8 sets

Leg Extension
8 sets

Walking DB Lunges
2 sets to failure

Gym God
05-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the updates Tony!

mastersfreak63
05-09-2012, 03:59 PM
SUMMARY:
DELTS/CALVES...another day of high volume training in the books. My delts are fried and my calves are swollen.

HS Seated Press
7 sets (7th set was 35 reps)

Upright Rows
6 sets (last two sets were SS w/DB Lateral Raises)

Lateral Raises w/cable
6 sets

Seated Calf
14 sets

Gym God
05-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Loving them high reps! Solid pump!

mastersfreak63
05-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Loving them high reps! Solid pump!

I know, I love doing them, and want to do more and more all the time... :)

mastersfreak63
05-10-2012, 10:43 PM
SUMMARY:
ARM day and it was total destruction. My arms were so swollen when I left the gym I could barely hold my phone to my ear for calls. Definitely "trained past the pain" today.
All sets were done with 15+ reps except the last couple of set done on the reverse tri pressdown. I topped out at 170lbs.
I only performed 2 movements on each muscle part but did 16 sets on my bi's and 18 on my tri's. WICKED, WICKED PUMP...

Reverse Tri PD
10 sets (set 9 was 170lbs and was a PR for me) ( set 10 was a double drop set that totalled 40 reps)

Preacher Bench Curls
8 sets

Alter Rope PD
8 sets

Cybex Alter Bi Curl
8 sets

mastersfreak63
05-13-2012, 09:30 PM
SUMMARY:
After 6 days in a row at the gym it was great to have a couple of days off to rest and recover. I usually only workout 2-3 days at a time then off a day, but my work schedule this past week dictated differently.
Tomorrow is CHEST and I cannot wait to get in the gym....

data4
05-14-2012, 07:43 AM
I was checking out the products you are using here and really like the profile of the Agent M. It looks like a great BCAA product.

Gym God
05-14-2012, 10:54 AM
I was checking out the products you are using here and really like the profile of the Agent M. It looks like a great BCAA product.

Thanks for the props data4. :)

The powders GLUTAMEND and AGENT-M are limited in the United States but they can be found at --> http://www.samedaysupplements.com/fusion-bodybuilding-m-287.html?osCsid=00n42per3h6h509trtoj991pa3

data4
05-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the props data4. :)

The powders GLUTAMEND and AGENT-M are limited in the United States but they can be found at --> http://www.samedaysupplements.com/fusion-bodybuilding-m-287.html?osCsid=00n42per3h6h509trtoj991pa3

Thanks man, I will def check this out!!

mastersfreak63
05-15-2012, 12:23 PM

Hi data4 and thanks for dropping in. Agent-M is the most complete BCCA product I've used and the science behind its development is off the charts.
The one things I've noticed most using it is my ability to recover faster in between workouts, and I also do not get as sore.
Let me know how it works for you....

mastersfreak63
05-15-2012, 12:23 PM
SUMMARY:
28 sets of CHEST yesterday and it rocked....I left the gym completely depleted of energy and with my tightest ever pump from a chest day. Today is BACK

HS Press
10 sets

HS Incline Press
8 sets

Cybex Machine Press
6 sets

Peck Deck
4 sets

Gym God
05-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks man, I will def check this out!!

Our pleasure!

mastersfreak63
05-16-2012, 09:03 PM
SUMMARY:
KILLER BACK DAY.......my focus today was lat centric so many of the movements were focus very specifically on my lats. I had some wicked killer burns on the Lat PD's....

Lat PD's
10 sets (last two sets were 30+ reps)

HS High Row
6 sets

Bent Over Rows
6 sets

Straight Arm PD's
8 sets

mastersfreak63
05-17-2012, 01:48 PM
SUMMARY:
Nasty LEG day. High volume was on the agenda again. So far I have really been pleased with my progress. I only did two movements per body part but went to failure on almost every set. The pump was insanely painful.

I think between the high volume work, solid nutrition, restful sleep and proper supplementation has allowed me to gained approx 9lbs of muscle over the last 7 weeks. Somehow that doesn't sound possible, but I weighed 181 when I started and as of this morning weighed 190lbs, yet I've also lean out a little as well.

Additionally I have to give props to using ZEUS and Purple-K. I truly feel like they have played a big role in my ability to power through these sessions.

15 prior: Purple-K FUBAR

Alter Leg Press
12 sets

Standing Leg Curl
10 sets

Leg Extensions
8 sets

Seated Leg Curl
8 sets

Gym God
05-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Looks like you have a great combination going on here with nutrition, rest, training and supplementation. :cool:

mastersfreak63
05-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Looks like you have a great combination going on here with nutrition, rest, training and supplementation. :cool:

Yes, rest and nutrition have to be optimal, but so does the supplementation. I am very confident that the combination of ZEUS and PURPLE-K have really contributed to my gains... :)

mastersfreak63
05-19-2012, 12:59 PM
SUMMARY:
ARMS! I had an unbelievable arm session today, my goal was once again to go beyond my previous workout. Only did 2 movements per body part but I cannot describe how swollen I was when we left the gym. Amazing arm day.
All reps were slow and very controlled....

Tricep PD
10 sets (set 10 was 40+ reps)

Machine Bicep Curl
10 sets

Alter Rope PD
8 sets (all to complete failure)

Alter Bicep Curl
8 sets (all to complete failure)

mastersfreak63
05-21-2012, 10:42 PM
SUMMARY:
KA-RAZY day in the gym. I could not decide weather to work my back or legs, and ended up performing an upper body day.
NOt a ton of volume, as I went heavier than normal.
Twas wicked....

T-BAR RoW
9 sets

V-Bar PD
3 sets

Machine Lat PD
3 sets

HS Incline Chest
3 sets

Cybex Press
3 sets

PEck Deck
3 sets

Machine Bicep Curl
5 sets

Reverse Grip PD
5 sets

Gym God
05-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the updates!

mastersfreak63
05-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Nothing beats the BB'ing life style my friend and I am loving it...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!

mastersfreak63
05-22-2012, 08:15 PM
SUMMARY:
Wicked, wicked leg day. I went both light and heavy on all movements. Nothing was left in the gym. The session was this morning and I still feel it everytime I stand....gotta love it!

Leg Press
8 sets (done to failure)

Seated Leg Curl
8 sets (done to failure)

Machine Leg Press
8 sets

Alternating Leg Curls
8 sets

Walking DB Lunges
2 sets

Gym God
05-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Nothing beats the BB'ing life style my friend and I am loving it...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!

Perfect!!!

mastersfreak63
05-23-2012, 11:14 PM
SUMMARY:
DELTS...rockin shoulder day in the gym, I started off with 11 sets of HS Shoulder Presses, the last set was 40 reps.
I have found in the last few weeks that I am having to increase my carb intake to power through those hyper volume sessions but you can't beat walking out of the gym with a skin tearing pump....

HS Seated Press
11 sets

Up Right Rows All double drop sets
3 sets

Lateral Raises w/Cable
3 sets

Reverse Peck Deck
6 sets

mastersfreak63
05-26-2012, 09:17 PM
SUMMARY:
BACK-CHEST
Work has been absolutely insane the last few days so I am logging my last two workouts.
Yesterdays chest work was not my usual volume, but it was very effective and I am very sore today.I went for maximum isolation and all work was done with machines.
Today was BACK, again not as much volume but I went heavy (for me).
My last two sets of RACK DEADS were 275lbs at 10 reps per set.

Cybex Incline Press
11 sets

Cybex Machine Press
5 sets

Peck Deck
5 sets

Rack Deads
6 sets

Lat PD's
5 sets

Seated Rows
3 sets

Straight Arm PD's
3 sets

Gym God
05-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks for catching up on the logs Tony. Posting every couple days is cool bro. :)

mastersfreak63
05-27-2012, 04:45 PM
SUMMARY:
Monstrous leg day. I usually alternate exercises going from quads, to hams and back but today I changed my approach for massive destruction.
My quads were so blown after the free motion squats is sucked walking to the other side of the gym to performed extensions.
Wicked day...........

Free Motion Squats
8 sets (sets 7 & 8 were 320lbs of 6 reps)

Alter Leg Extensions
8 sets (set 8 was 40 reps)

Alter Leg Press
5 sets (each set to failure)

Seated Leg Curls
6 sets (all to failure)

Standing Alter Leg Curls
5 sets

mastersfreak63
05-30-2012, 10:44 PM
SUMMARY:
NASTY arm day. I've changed my training approach up a little lately by adding 2-3 heavy sets into the mix. I am still attempting to maintain the high volume, but I think it is important to keep the muscles guessing. I love how swollen my arms get, the pumps are just painful and training past that pain is where the growth comes from.

Reverse Tricep PD
10 sets (sets 8 & 9 was 40 sets)

Skull Crushers
8 sets

Alter Rope PD's
5 sets (each set to failure)

Preacher Curls
8 sets

Machine Curls
8 sets

DB Curls
8 sets

mastersfreak63
06-01-2012, 12:31 AM
SUMMARY:
Back/Chest: heavy day. Wasn't what I had planned on but ended up having a freaking awesome workout.

Rack Deads
4 sets

Lat PD's
4 sets

Seated Rows
3 sets

Incline Press
4 sets

Peck Deck
6 sets

Cybex Machine Press
3 sets

mastersfreak63
06-03-2012, 12:28 PM
SUMMARY:
ARMS, forget the gunz, want cannons. Crazy- crazy arm day. One of my lagging body parts is arms, so I really punish them but at the same time I have to really train smart because of fascia issues. GREAT DAY..

Tricep PD
8 sets

Skull Crushers
8 sets

Preacher Curl
8 sets

Machine Curls
8 sets

Rope PD, alternating
6 sets

Bicp Curl, alternating
6 sets

Gym God
06-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Has the rest of your goods arrived Tony?

mastersfreak63
06-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss..

I need to post a photo of "SHUT EYE".

The rest I get from taking it and ZEUS at night combined is amazing....

mastersfreak63
06-06-2012, 11:30 PM
SUMMARY:
Ridiculous, crazy leg day. Yes I (we) are on vacation in Mexico but still ripping out the work. Today was LEGS..

Leg Press
10 sets

Leg Extensions
10 sets

Walking Lunges w/DB
3 sets

Seated Leg Curls
10 sets

SLD W/DB
6 sets

mastersfreak63
06-10-2012, 03:32 PM
SUMMARY:
CHEST day, I am finally back from vacation and back in a REAL gym, LOL. I really, really pushed the limits of pain today. It felt great..

HS Incline Press
12 sets

Cybex Machine Press
6 sets

Peck Deck
6 sets

mastersfreak63
06-11-2012, 03:45 PM
SUMMARY:
ARM BLAST........
I changed my approach a little today. My focus was on perfect form and a very focused mind/muscle connection. I increased my weight a tad and performed slow precise reps. The burns were wicked and the pumps intense.
ALSO, I am now at 194lbs. I've gained approx 12lbs over the last 10-12 weeks and my bodyfat has also dropped slightly.

Tricep PD
6 sets (drop set on set 6)

Machine Curls
8 sets

Reverse Tricep PD
6 sets

Alter Bicep Curls
8 sets

Alter Tricep PD w/rope
2 sets (both to failure)

Alter Bicep Machine Curls
3 sets (all to failure)

mastersfreak63
06-13-2012, 01:56 PM
SUMMARY:
Banging LEG (and calves) day, quad centric. Like yesterday I changed things up a bit. I dropped the volume some, but really focused on the mind/muscle connection, muscle contraction and slow reps. Extremely painful pumps.
I definitely needed the BCAA's today.

Free Motion Squats
6 sets (deep, full ROM)

Leg Extension
8 sets (pause squeeze at the top)

Alter Leg Press
4 sets

Standing Calf
6 sets

Seated Calf
6 sets

Gym God
06-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Nice job on the legs today Tony!

mastersfreak63
06-14-2012, 04:12 PM
It is crazy how sore they are. No doubt PURPLE-K and FUBAR enhanced my strength and increased my determination to plow through a leg workout like that, and having AGENT-M and GLUTAMEND really speeds up the recovery. I could not imagine working out with such volume without them both.

mastersfreak63
06-14-2012, 04:12 PM
SUMMARY:
KILLER-KILLER BACK day...
Again, I've dropped my set volume a little, but still focusing on heavier weights but still pushing higher reps. I've also really been focusing on very strict movements and improved range of motions to insure max muscle contraction.
My legs are still very sore from Tuesdays leg day. Gotta LOVE IT!

Rack Deads
6 sets

Lat PD's
5 sets

T-Bar Rows
3 sets (20+ reps per set)

Reverse Peck Deck w/vertical grip
3 sets (20+ reps per set)

Gym God
06-19-2012, 11:12 AM
You did receive a box of SHUT-EYE, didn't you Tony?