PDA

View Full Version : what veggies do you hate?

tammyp
04-13-2009, 08:09 AM
lima beans and beets here.

my favorites are cabbage, spagetti squash, asperagas and broccoli.

Blondell
04-13-2009, 08:13 AM
My dislikes rotate. LOL

I can eat asparagus for a week straight and then all of a sudden dislike it. I'm weird like that. ROFL!!!

Sistersteel
04-13-2009, 09:15 AM
I have never liked broccoli and never will. I dislike beans as well. I can live on asparagus and seaweed.

GirlyMuscle
04-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Veggies? Red beets. Any beets. Can't even attempt to put one in my mouth. My gag reflex will go off. Otherwise, I can't think of any I dislike.

stephaniewicked
04-13-2009, 09:58 AM
I can't stand carrots... unless they're cooked really well and are part of a soup/broth where the taste is disguised. Same with celery! I can't eat raw veggies at ALL. I tried radishes, turnips and beets a long time ago and wasn't a fan, but not sure how I'd feel about them these days. I wouldn't even know what to do with them, so it's unlikely I'll even find out... I don't care for green beans, but I'll eat them if I have to.

GirlyMuscle
04-13-2009, 10:12 AM
There's another one for me. Thanks, Stephanie. I like raw carrots, can't stand them cooked.

tight booty
04-13-2009, 10:13 AM
The only vege I hate is this type of cucumber. I cannot even swallow it, my gag reflex goes off. The werid thing is I remember going to my aunties for dinner when I was a little girl and she put it on my plate and I gagged at dinner. Twentyfive years later I go to her place for dinner again (in New Zealand) and she serves it up and I gagged and almost vomited. It's a kiwi cucumber because I can eat the aussie one....:confused:

GirlyMuscle
04-13-2009, 10:18 AM
My red beet thing comes from a high school crash diet where I had to eat hot dogs and red beets and nothing else. It's amazing, the stupid things we do before we find the enlightenment of this lifestyle.

tight booty
04-13-2009, 10:20 AM
I love beetroot, in fact I always have to have it in my fish burgers here.
And yes GM, it's amazing how bad experiences can turn you off a food for life.

thepump
04-13-2009, 10:36 AM
None.

gman
04-13-2009, 11:00 AM
My red beet thing comes from a high school crash diet where I had to eat hot dogs and red beets and nothing else. It's amazing, the stupid things we do before we find the enlightenment of this lifestyle.

You should have died from O/D'ing on red dye alone!

I hate beets as well, have never tasted another vegetable I didn't like though.

I am even one of the weirdos who like cooked carrots better than raw

Curt James
04-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Brussels sprouts, onions, and celery.

thepump
04-13-2009, 11:05 AM

cooked......

stephaniewicked
04-13-2009, 11:16 AM

I tried lots of stupid things, including the cabbage soup diet (I only made it to day 2, LOL). Funny how the only thing that worked was when I became educated about diet, nutrition and lifting... :rolleyes: Of course that isn't the answer most people want to hear though.

thepump
04-13-2009, 11:20 AM
I tried lots of stupid things, including the cabbage soup diet (I only made it to day 2, LOL). Funny how the only thing that worked was when I became educated about diet, nutrition and lifting... :rolleyes: Of course that isn't the answer most people want to hear though.

The answer most want to hear your dead on is not that.
Like a Q.A we dont like is how much can you lift? lol:eek:

Tatyana
04-13-2009, 11:21 AM

There isn't dye in beets, it is a naturally occurring pigment.

I love all veggies.

Have any of you had borscht? You would LOVE beets then.

I make this great raw beetroot and carrot salad that is also fantastic at converting the haters.

:)

GirlyMuscle
04-13-2009, 11:23 AM
You name the diet, I've tried it. I spent 20 yrs looking for the easy, fast way to lose weight. It was only giving up to the "eat right and exercise" mantra that made it happen.

tight booty
04-13-2009, 11:24 AM
There isn't dye in beets, it is a naturally occurring pigment.

I love all veggies.

Have any of you had borscht? You would LOVE beets then.

I make this great raw beetroot and carrot salad that is also fantastic at converting the haters.

:)
Omg, I love borscht and in fact I used to cook it all the time when I lived in a much cooler climate.

NPCfigure
04-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Lima Beans, Peas, brussel sprouts, artichoke, eggplant,tomato..

Love..spaghetti squash, celery,broccoli,cauliflower, spinach, salads, peppers, mushrooms, asparagus

stephaniewicked
04-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Oh yeah, mushrooms. I hate those... ick!

GM - I hear ya, but at least you finally found it. I'd much rather be on this side of the fence than how I used to be.

The best is when someone says they're "too busy" to get to the gym or they "can't" give up eating a certain food/snack/etc. I used to say that, but I now know it's a BS excuse because if you REALLY want to succeed, you make it work! :)

Heather Grace
04-13-2009, 12:20 PM
I usually enjoy veggies. However, the final week of asparagus can be tough!:(

Skeptic
04-13-2009, 02:11 PM
I love all veggies. All of them. Lots.

I just started a 12 week Keto. FUCK!

Ninja Loco
04-13-2009, 03:06 PM
I love my veggies. I dont broccoli or beets because of what they do to me, and I minimize the onion intake een though I like them. Never tried a lot of other veggies, though. Had an ex prepare me some asparagus in some sort of butter sauce and I could not get enough of them. But then again she could make old tire rubber taste good.

Angela123
04-13-2009, 05:49 PM
i seriously cant think of any i hate. i am not picky at all. all veggies are good! of course, asparagus got old when i used to train with mike davies. shit...one month he had me eating 30 stalks a day. talk about going broke.

DaveV
04-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Dislike; cauliflower, carrots, beats

Like: anything green, corn

Youngguns
04-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Brussel sprouts!

ripcurlgirl
04-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Lima Beans, Peas, brussel sprouts, artichoke, eggplant,tomato..

Love..spaghetti squash, celery,broccoli,cauliflower, spinach, salads, peppers, mushrooms, asparagus

I've been to that bird preserve in Kauai, random but true. I love all vegetables...even beets, cooked, raw, pickled.

tammyp
04-15-2009, 05:34 AM
my favorite veggie recipe is

cabbage, broccoli, carrots and mushrooms steamed with balsamic vinegar and a pack of splenda.

Mighty
04-19-2009, 02:30 PM
I hate the taste of peas. Gross

JackieRTP
04-19-2009, 03:04 PM
I hate celery, raw carrots, peas, beets.

Allifit
04-20-2009, 07:24 AM
Oh yeah, mushrooms. I hate those... :)

x2- mushrooms gross me out! I also am not a fan of lima beans or brussel sprouts. But I love asparagus, green beans, peas, broccoli, spinach.... yum yum yum. I also get in the mood for a really good salad sometimes... with tomato, onion, carrot, etc...

Skeptic
04-20-2009, 11:34 AM
x2- mushrooms gross me out! I also am not a fan of lima beans or brussel sprouts.

Then I'll take your portion.

Rico MacTaco
04-20-2009, 01:02 PM
i seriously cant think of any i hate. i am not picky at all. all veggies are good! of course, asparagus got old when i used to train with mike davies. shit...one month he had me eating 30 stalks a day. talk about going broke.

I love asparagus but at like $4 lb. you can go broke real fast. I quickly learned to love green beans and broccoli too!

Rico MacTaco
04-20-2009, 01:05 PM
I can't believe no one has said cauliflower. What a pointless veggie...Taste like feet!

Kitty Kat
04-20-2009, 01:23 PM
STRING BEANS.. yuck..
I'm hooked on asparagus, brussel sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, spinach and cucumbers.

Que_66
06-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Veggies:
I won't eat lima beans or butter beans.

Fruits:
Avocados make me instantly gag - no guacamole for me.
Cantaloupe.

All other veggies are fair game. :)

exit2010
06-09-2009, 11:23 AM
I hate most vegetables:

Lima beans, turnips, onions, peas, squash, cauliflower . . . yuck yuck yuck

MichaelWayne
06-09-2009, 12:38 PM
ASS-paragus. Have to blend it with a TBSP of EVOO and 2 TBSP of Franks RedHot to mask the taste. Just something about it gives me an instant gag reflex.

antonbrn
06-09-2009, 01:04 PM
cooked beets and kale
I had to eat them when I was little. I didn't like them then and still don't.

prettymuscles
06-09-2009, 01:36 PM
ASS-paragus. Have to blend it with a TBSP of EVOO and 2 TBSP of Franks RedHot to mask the taste. Just something about it gives me an instant gag reflex.

I love Franks Redhot, i put it on everything.. But I agree about the Asparagus i can only eat with my eggs if i really have to.. :)