PDA

View Full Version : More Protein shakes than food?

JasonA
04-13-2009, 12:38 PM
What would be the problem with having 4 shakes and only 2 meals contest prep. If all the protein is pure and unsweetened why is that any worse than piece of chicken or fish. Has any one done more shakes than food for a prep?

raging pitbull
04-13-2009, 02:30 PM
the rate of digestion is different in whole foods. shakes are just as good. i eat 5 meals a day. 3 meals are shakes- and 2 meals are whole foods.

Frosty
04-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Good luck with hunger.

Although going down to just shakes right at the end of your prep can help reduce the size of your waist and create a better illusion of size.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-13-2009, 02:55 PM
You need to EAT! Sure, in a pinch or on a super busy day you can get away with it. Just not everyday.. Really, 3 small protein meals aren't THAT HARD to take in. Plan your day ahead.

JasonA
04-13-2009, 02:56 PM
I have to do a few shakes because of work and just no time to eat food. Sometimes the thought of eating just makes me want to barf and I don't end up eating enough. At least with the shakes I know I am getting the protein and fat I need. I have been mixing beef isolate and whey isolate and egg. Hopefully that will cover the food needs plus I add macadamia nut oil and sometimes almond butter.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Do what YOU need to. You have to make it work, cause you are the one doing it. I've been in the same boat. Ok here's a 'secret' drink I was using- 2 cups water, 1 cup low fat or skim milk, 4 scoops whey protein, 1 tbs peanut butter, 2 cups oatmeal. Put in a blender, liquify it and drink in 2 or 3 servings. Provides about 125 gram protein, some 'good' carbs and healthy fats.

Moose88
04-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Calories are calories...

If you have a hard time eating like I do protein shakes with oats and peanut butter/olive oil can be great.

No way I could take in 4k calories of whole food. With shakes its not a problem and I grow VERY well with them.

AVBG
04-30-2009, 10:23 PM
you'll be hungry and risk blowing your prep by binging..keep full by solid food.

vboissiere
05-04-2009, 12:30 AM
I live on protein shakes. But, when I do have a few days to be settled and eat solid meals, there is something different. But, you gotta do what you gotta do.

bodimajestik
11-03-2009, 04:00 AM
Hey I train people for competition and out of 5...4 of my students have won the show....here is the plan for u.....you are totally doing it wrong...protein shakes are an addition to the food not the replacement....I can understand if you eat only two times like when there are only 4-5 days left for the show....u have to eat at least 4-5 meals till you are 2 weeks out from the show...by the last week u should be eating only 3 small meals and rest should be protein shakes...from 3 days out only have 1-2 glasses of zero carb protein shakes plus eat 2 very small meals to keep your energy up. Remember we have to consume optimum carbs and protein by last 3 days. We don't have to consume too many carbs and protein to avoid the bloating,also we need to consume some so that we dnt look flat...so that mucles appear round and full just like in the off season....Idea here is to look like a body builder with full round muscles and not a cover magazine or Fitness model who are ripped and flat......message me or add me for more suggestions....u can add me on facebook...name is Vishal Bhalla