PDA

View Full Version : 2012 A New Journey...Me Against Myself

michelle beck
04-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Hey everyone, my name is Michelle Beck, NPC Figure Competitor from Fort Worth, TX and I have been a member of RxMuscle for a while now. Some of you may remember me from the Bros vs Pros 6 event in TX where I helped out and did the tire flip challenge. I debated about starting a journal this year and where to start one at, but I decided I wanted to start one here to hopefully get to know some more people that I maybe have not met yet.

Here is a little background on me; I did my first figure competition in 2002 and I had the intention back then to continue improving my physique and try to earn my pro card. Well, I was young and life got in the way of that dream. Even though I worked out off and on I stopped competing until 2009. I was training to get in shape for my wedding; when I saw my body respond to consistent diet and training, then the spark came back again and I wanted to compete. I started competing again in 2009 and this time around I am focused and have no plans of putting my dreams on hold.

For the past two years I have been competing at the NPC national level and have done very well and come close to turning pro. It has motivated me to push harder and at times (I will not lie) it has been very disheartening to be so close, but just not quite there. I am my biggest enemy so my toughest battle is the battle of my mind, staying positive, believing in myself and even with all that I know believing it is still possible for me to reach my goals and dreams! I plan on making my first show of 2012 the NPC Jr. Nationals. I did that show in 2010 and placed 3rd in my class so hopefully I can come in this year improved and win my class!

I have trained since 2008 with IFBB Pro Abdul Sharif and this year I started working on my posing with IFBB Pro Sheliahe Brown and I also train with her one day a week to work on some of my weak areas; which are slimming down my legs (I am puerto rican and hold all my weight in my lower half...this girls got some junk in the trunk :P) and we are also trying to make my shoulders bigger since that has always been a weak area of mine. I am 5'10" so balancing out everything can be kind of tricky, but I have been working hard and I am keeping an optomistic outlook for this year!

Contest History:

2002 NPC John Sherman Classic-11th Place
2009 Musclemania Fitness Texas show-1st Place Figure Tall/2nd Place Bikini Tall
2010 NPC Ronnie Coleman Classic-2nd Place Figure Class C
2010 NPC Jr. Nationals-3rd Place figure Class F
2010 NPC Jr. USA-3rd Place Figure Class F
2010 IFBB North Americans-11th Place Figure Class F
2011 NPC Team Universe-3rd Place Figure Class F
2011 NPC USA's-4th Place Figure Class F

Here are some my pics over the years...
http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab213/michellebeck/2002-1.jpg2002 NPC John Sherman Classic

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab213/michellebeck/Week15.jpg 2009 My Before Pic (A little chunky!)

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab213/michellebeck/rc2010173-1.jpg 2010 NPC Ronnie Coleman Classic

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab213/michellebeck/DSC_TeamU.jpg2011 NPC Team Universe

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab213/michellebeck/michellebeck-hardbosy.jpg 2011 Isaac Hinds Photo Shoot

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab213/michellebeck/DSC_6202.jpg 2011 Dan Ray Photo Shoot

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab213/michellebeck/7wks1.jpg This past weekend-7 weeks out

I will be posting updates on my diet and training leading up to my show and posting some pics along the way. You can also follow me on Facebook or my website www.michelle-beck.com (http://www.michelle-beck.com/). Thanks for following my journey! :)

"It's never too late to be who you might have been."-George Eliot

"So stick to the fight when you are hardest hit; it's when things seem worst that you musn't quit."

The Prodigy
04-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Welcome girl! Excited to follow along!

michelle beck
04-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Welcome girl! Excited to follow along!

Thanks Gail, happy to start a journal here!

So my average day in prep starts like this, I wake up every morning at 4am for fasted cardio, the go to work from 6am to 3pm and the I head to the gym for weight training, finishing any cardio I may have left, then abs and posing practice depending on the day.

I have a few gyms in the DFW area that I train at. The first one is LMRA which is a Rec center where I train with IFBB Pro Abdul Sharif. I started going there because it is own by the aeronautics company I work for and it is cheap.

The second gym I train at is Metroflex Gym in Fort Worth. I started going there during the summer of 2010 for a change of pace, because LMRA can be senior citizen central! I love Metroflex's atmosphere and the people there. It is like a big family and everyone, no matter what their goals trains hard!

Then I also go out to Stroud's Gym to train with Sheilahe Brown once a week, it is a great gym with a lot of competitors, but it is a good 30min drive for me and that is with out traffic. Needless to say I like a change of scenery!

Today after work I went to Metroflex Fort Worth and trained back. I am doing superset, keeping the rest breaks short and just conditioning at this point. I will post up some of my workouts, but not every day is too interesting! :) Haha...My diet is real fishy right now and I do not like seafood, but it seems to always lean me out, so I can deal with it for another 6 weeks or so! Time for me to zone out, get my stuff ready for tomorrow, try to go to sleep and do it all over again!

Bryan Hildebrand
04-30-2012, 10:59 PM
good to see you back.

sorry I didnt get any time to walk in dallas... coming back again this weekend to cover and compete at an event in arlington.

will follow you along.

michelle beck
05-01-2012, 02:53 PM
good to see you back.

sorry I didnt get any time to walk in dallas... coming back again this weekend to cover and compete at an event in arlington.

will follow you along.

Hey Bryan, glad I got to see you and SallyAnne at the Ronnie. I know you both were busy covering the show so I just wanted to say hello real quick.

Good luck this weekend at the Highland Games in Arlington! I have a busy weekend, but if I have time I may try to drive out there one day and watch some of the events. Thanks for following my journey! :)

michelle beck
05-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Yesterday I trained shoulders with my trainer at LMRA. I have been working hard to have even bigger caps on my shoulders and I have even had to stop training my bi's and tri's because they grow so much faster than my shoulders. Even though I am in prep I keep the weight moderately heavy while still trying to keep the pace for conditioning.

My trainer taped me doing a side lateral superset with behind the back upright rows. He hit stop in between the movements, so it taped in two clips below. I would really like to find a professional videographer to come film me for a week or so and get a bunch of my training clips meshed together with music. Training videos don't look as intense with it and the music at LMRA isn't going to cut it! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qva4g0n8iq8&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HChrs2MF2k&feature=plcp

Hopefully I will be able to tape more clips this year, but I have some older videos uploaded on my YouTube channel FitMichelle1.

I did my fasted cardio this morning and later today after work I will go back to LMRA to train legs. I have a feeling it is going to be an intense plyo style workout. I have been incorporating a lot more dynamic movements and plyos in my leg training since I hold most of my weight in my lower half. My thighs are already slimmer this year then they were last year 6.5 weeks out, but I know they still have a ways to go! My glutes are still pretty sore from my track workout on Sunday so this should be fun, but I will push through it! :) Hopefully I will get to catch up on some training journals soon, train hard everyone!

cook
05-02-2012, 01:18 PM
michelle, Good luck with your training.I don`t know you but I too am from Cowtown so just wanted to say hi.

michelle beck
05-02-2012, 09:47 PM
michelle, Good luck with your training.I don`t know you but I too am from Cowtown so just wanted to say hi.

Hey there, thank you so much! :) I live on the west side of funky town (lol); do you train in the area? Thanks for stopping by my journal and it is nice to meet you!

Today I went to LMRA again and trained legs with my trainer, we didn't do any plyo work like I was expecting, but we did focus on form and going "butt in the bucket" as my trainer likes to say! Here is what I did:

Squats superset with sissy squats-5x12/15 (butt in the bucket-being 5'10" with legs over half the length of my body that is a long way down and an even longer way back up! Haha)
HackSquats (one and a half)-5x8 (all the way down, half way up, back down then all the way up)
One leg seated leg press-3x20ea (the body is turned to the side)
Hamstring Curls-5x20
Standing Calves Raises-5x20

Tomorrow was supposed to be my cardio only day, but my trainer said he has a 5pm opening and he wants me to train, so I guess the short day I thought I was going to have tomorrow is another long day of 4am fasted cardio, work from 6am-3:30pm, then off to the gym for the rest of my cardio, abs and back training! My goal is to bring a better physique to the stage than I did last year, believe in myself, believe I can win my class and then the rest is out of my hands.

cook
05-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Hey there, thank you so much! :) I live on the west side of funky town (lol); do you train in the area? Thanks for stopping by my journal and it is nice to meet you!

Today I went to LMRA again and trained legs with my trainer, we didn't do any plyo work like I was expecting, but we did focus on form and going "butt in the bucket" as my trainer likes to say! Here is what I did:

Squats superset with sissy squats-5x12/15 (butt in the bucket-being 5'10" with legs over half the length of my body that is a long way down and an even longer way back up! Haha)
HackSquats (one and a half)-5x8 (all the way down, half way up, back down then all the way up)
One leg seated leg press-3x20ea (the body is turned to the side)
Hamstring Curls-5x20
Standing Calves Raises-5x20

Tomorrow was supposed to be my cardio only day, but my trainer said he has a 5pm opening and he wants me to train, so I guess the short day I thought I was going to have tomorrow is another long day of 4am fasted cardio, work from 6am-3:30pm, then off to the gym for the rest of my cardio, abs and back training! My goal is to bring a better physique to the stage than I did last year, believe in myself, believe I can win my class and then the rest is out of my hands.
Im south of town.Have been at the Burleson Athletic Club since 98 but they just closed this past week so I have built a home gym that I will be training at for a while anyway.I trained at LMRA many moons ago when it was still General Dynamics.Your training looks great.good luck

michelle beck
05-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Im south of town.Have been at the Burleson Athletic Club since 98 but they just closed this past week so I have built a home gym that I will be training at for a while anyway.I trained at LMRA many moons ago when it was still General Dynamics.Your training looks great.good luck

Ok, that is cool. I have a home gym also, so there is not excuses for me between all the places I go! Haha...Thank you for the well wishes, happy training!

michelle beck
05-07-2012, 08:48 PM
I was so exhausted this weekend, I didn't get online much to post. On Friday after I trained, I went to visit the high school my husband works at as the Head Athletic Trainer, because they were having a powerlifting meet. I was just going to watch and support, but the coaches wanted me to show the guys what a girl could do, so some how I got talked into deadlifting 6 weeks out to my show. I thought I was going to do just a max rep, but it was very unorganized and when I went to warm up with 175lbs for a few reps, the crowd started counting out loud and I look at my husband and he told me to keep going, so I guess I was going to rep it out...I ended up getting 26reps with 175lbs, I felt like I could have done better if I had chalk and had been mentally prepared for what I was going to do! Oh well, I had a good time.

Then Saturday morning I went to Stroud's Gym to train legs/total body with IFBB Pro Sheliahe Brown and she kicked my ass! I was already exhausted from the week of training, doing those "butt in the bucket" squats, then the 26 dead lifts the night before. Here is what we did:

4 Sets:
Hack Squats (15reps-135lbs)
Lunges with Medicine Ball (10ea)
High Throws with Medicine Ball (30)
Knee up/Twists with Medicine Ball for Abs (30)

4 sets:
Leg Press (50reps-225lbs)
Bear Crawls (Down One Length of the gym)
Pull Ups (8)
Hanging Leg Raises (20)

4 sets
Up and Over Bench Jumps (30 secs)
Jump Squats on Bench (20 secs)
Squat Pick up Ball and Throw downs (10 reps-25lbs)

I picked myself up enough on Sunday for a 6 mile jog outside, but I was drained all weekend long and my legs hurt so badly. I am dropping my cardio this week to 4x45min high intensity sessions, because I think my body has gotten used to doing my normal cardio and I am wearing myself out. I took progress pics this past Saturday and I am seeing changes in my body, but I still have a ways to go in a short amount of time. My ultimate goal since I first competed in 2002 is to become an IFBB Figure Pro, but I also am just trying to bring a physique to the stage that I can be happy with. Each prep is different due to the stressors in my outside life, but my goal is to just not quit or give up on myself. I put so much of myself into every prep, and in the end judges determine my fate as far as reaching pro status, so I am trying to learn the mentality to just be happy, no matter the outcome, as long as I am happy with the package I presented on stage.

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab213/michellebeck/538670_377394985640765_100001108014048_1041433_707 049455_n.jpg

katt981
05-07-2012, 11:40 PM
wow what a change from when you started to where you are now! That's so inspiring! Yup, It's all about bring YOUR best package to the stage! This forum really keeps me going and plugging away! :)

Sunnyday
05-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Inspiring thread! Following you along to Jr. Nationals. :)

michelle beck
05-09-2012, 10:57 AM
wow what a change from when you started to where you are now! That's so inspiring! Yup, It's all about bring YOUR best package to the stage! This forum really keeps me going and plugging away! :)

Thank you! :) Keep training hard.

Inspiring thread! Following you along to Jr. Nationals. :)

Thank you! :) It is nice to meet you, I have seen your journal and hopefully sometime this week I will be able to catch up on others journals and join along as well.

I am so ready for this work week to be over with! :( I work as a buyer at an aeronautics company, buying machine parts for some of the best fighter jets the military fly. It is either a boring or stressful job, there is no in between! Hopefully one day we will be able to telecommute from home!

So, yesterday I trained back and bi's at LMRA. I have started to scale back on my cardio, but I am in prep mode and when I get used to working to a certain level and doing a certain amount of training/cardio per day it is hard for me to scale back. I am like a robot! :p Luckily today is a shorter day for me, just high intensity interval cardio, abs and posing practice. I have a circuit cardio training routine that I do with running and lunges on the treadmill, jump roping and then the step mill; once all is said and done it is about 45min to an hour, depending on how long I warm up/cool down. I haven't been practicing my posing as much as previous years, but I am always working on tweaking things to make sure I am presenting myself the best way possible. This Saturday I am teaching three new figure competitors in my area that contacted me how to pose for some local shows they have coming up, so that should give me some time to practice more myself.

This Friday after work I am going to see my massage therapist Kurt Ray and get my traps worked on. I am starting to look like trapzilla!!! :eek:
http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab213/michellebeck/Trapzilla.jpg

I try to keep them out of my movements the best I can, but they love to grow, which isn't helpful for figure! I need the caps on my shoulders to grow instead, but I just have some freaky body parts and I am trying to balance everything out on this 5'10" body to make it as symmetrical as possible.

Sunnyday
05-09-2012, 02:24 PM
LOL @ "Trapzilla"!

Even though I am short I know how you feel...my traps are the same way! I stopped training mine directly months ago because they were growing out of control. And my shoulders are the same as yours too. Some days I just want to smack them into growing! Funny how some body parts grow so easily and others need to be beaten into submission. :dunno:

michelle beck
05-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Yesterday I trained legs at LMRA with my trainer, here is what I did:

Lunges around the gym-1x55lbs
Jump Squats on tire-15
Lunge and a half-down one length of the gym-2x55lbs
Wide Stance Squats-3x30x55lbs
Sissy Squats super set with Weighted Hamstring Presses-4x25/20e
Leg Extensions-4x25-110lbs, 2x15-65lbs (left leg only)
Hamstring Curls-4x25-80lbs

Today I will work my shoulders and chest, then go to see my massage therapist downtown to work on my traps! I have been doing some online shopping lately and I think today I am going to go use my gift card at Lululemon and get some new workout clothes. I also have to go to the bank and get a cashiers check so I can mail in my entry form to the Jr. Nationals!!! The deadline is the 25th, I am cutting it close. I feel oddly prepared, nervous and unorganized all at the same time for this show. Going on my sixth national level show you think I would have it all down by now! :hmn:

michelle beck
05-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Busy weekend! :) This is the first time I have had some time to sit down and get online. Friday I worked from home a bit, did my cardio and went to the bank to get my money order for the entry form for the Jr. Nationals (I always wait until the last minute), I guess I should get that in soon! Then I went down town to Larry North Fitness and got a massage from Kurt Ray, he is the best in the DFW area! I then went to LMRA and trained shoulders and chest with my coach IFBB Pro Abdul Sharif. Here is what I did:

Front Raises (straight bar thru the free motion cables)-5x15
Behind the Neck Shoulder Press (straight bar thru the free motion cables)-5x15
Incline Side Laterals-5x15
DB Rear Laterals-5x12
One Arm Cable Side Laterals-3x15
Flat Bench Chest Press-5x10
Incline DB Close rip Presses-4x12
Seated Flys (free motion machine)-4x12

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab213/michellebeck/photo-103.jpg

Saturday morning I had two posing sessions to teach. Both sessions I taught were women that are competing for the first time. I love being able to help others with posing and help them to have confidence in themselves. After that I trained back and also incorporated some plyo exercises to the circuit routine to keep it fast pace and keep my heart rate up. Here is what I did:

4 sets
Lat Pull Downs-15reps-110lbs
Close Grip T bar Rows-12reps-100lbs
Jump Squats on bench-20reps

4 sets
One Arm DB Row-12reps/ea-50lbs
Pullovers-12reps-55lbs
Up and Overs on the bench-30reps

4 sets
Assisted Pull Ups-10reps
Seated Free Motion Rows-12reps
Bear crawls (don the length of the gym)

4 sets
HyperExtensions-20reps
Hanging Leg Raises-25reps
Seated Twists-50 twists

Afterwards I finished cardio on the step mill. I celebrated Mother's Day with my mom on Saturday night. We watched a movie and I had my last cheat meal of prep. I have come a long way with my physique, but still have work to do in the next 5 weeks to hopefully come away with a win. There have been a lot of new competitors in my gyms that look to me for advice and help since I have been doing this for so long and I love helping others, but right now I need to help myself. I deserve to give myself my all the next 5 weeks and just bring the best I can to the stage, that is all I can do. I have brought my best before and it wasn't what the judges wanted so this time I am just going to do it for myself, to not let myself (the self that has been defeated) get the best of me.

Bronwyn
05-14-2012, 03:59 AM
Pretty nice thickness in those back. I see for figure is it a little bit contraproductive - but looks very good! :)

michelle beck
05-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Pretty nice thickness in those back. I see for figure is it a little bit contraproductive - but looks very good! :)

Thank you! :) In the past two years in figure I have been placing in the top 5 in almost all of the national level shows that I have done, so I will see how it goes this year at the Jr. Nationals and go from there. If the judges came back this year and said I needed to be in physique then I would consider doing it; I just have a hard time getting my legs small and lean enough for figure as it is and I know in physique they would want them more cut....I am fighting my genetics everyday! :p Haha

Yesterday I went to Stroud's Gym after work to train upper body (mostly back and shoulders) with Sheilahe Brown. When I was in the dressing room I heard one of the guys say to her that the amazon was here! LOL...I take it as a compliment, there are not many 5'10" figure commpetitors around here. She kicked my behind again in our workout and we also practiced a little posing afterwards. I have 4 weeks and about 4 days until I hit the stage for the first time this year and even though I had a rough start to my prep mentally, I am finishing it strong and giving this short amount of time I have my 100% effort not only for myself, but for everyone that has believed in me.

Today I will head to LMRA after work to train legs and I have a feeling my trainer is going to bring 10x32's back in the mix! ;) Time to cut these legs up as best I can!

Bronwyn
05-16-2012, 03:17 AM
Yes, why not to switch to WP when the possibility exists now - when the time will come ;)

michelle beck
05-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Yes, why not to switch to WP when the possibility exists now - when the time will come ;)

My entry has already been received for Jr. Nationals in figure, so we will see what happens there in about 4 weeks. ;) The good thing is my posing coach is IFBB Pro Sheilahe Brown, so if for any reason I don't fit in figure anymore, then I can have her help me pull something together for WPD before Team U or the USA's. I am still hopeful though for the Jr. Nationals.

Yesterday, I was so ready to get out of work and this disgusting bldg I work in! The people that clean our bldg are on strike so we have had to take care of our own trash for the past month, which I do not mind, except I share a cube with 3 other people and one of them left for a business trip and didn't throw out their trash! They had cooked veggies thrown in the bottom of it and we had a fruit flies all over the place, so gross! We took out her trash and made a fruit fly catcher, so it is better today, but I still think I would be happier if I telecommuted from home!

I trained legs at LMRA with my trainer, here is what I did:

Leg Extensions-5x25
Squats on the Smith Machine-4x25 (2 normal stance/2 wide stance)
Hamstring Curls-4x25
Lunges around the Gym with 25lbs bar
Backward lunges (down and back the length of the gym) with 25lbs bar
Side Lunges w/a twist-3x15ea with 25lbs bar
Modified Hamstring Press superset with Stiff Leg Deadlifts-3x20ea/15
Standing calve raises-5x25

Today is just my high intensity cardio, abs and posing practice day! :) Happy Wednesday everyone.

Sunnyday
05-16-2012, 03:09 PM
Nice leg day! Keep training hard! :)

michelle beck
05-17-2012, 08:49 PM
This week has been a little off from my normal routine since I trained with Sheilahe twice this week instead of once. So Monday I did upper body with Sheilahe, Tuesday I did legs with my trainer, Wednesday was high intensity cardio day, so today I worked upper body again (a mix of the upper body). Here is what I did:

Reverse Grip T Bar Rows superset with Lat Pull Downs-4x12/25
Machine Rows-4x10
Incline Chest Press-3x30 (High incline for 10, medium incline for 10, flat bench for 10)
Free Motion Cable Flys-3x20
(We actually worked bi's and tri's today-I rarely work them anymore because they grow faster than my shoulders)
(Giant set) Seated Half curls superset with standing curls superset with dips and superset with double arm kickbacks-3x22/12/25/15
Concentration curls superset with One Arm overhead press-3x15

I did 10min of lunges on a 15% incline afterwards and abs (a variation of hanging leg raises mostly).

Tomorrow I will go back to LMRA to try and work on these legs again with my trainer. I swear I am killing myself to try and get them small enough and lean enough, but bones are bones and my hips aen't gong to get any smaller and the way my legs are shaped aren't going to change either so I just have to keep pushing, high intensity, sprinting, tearing them up with reps, doing plyos and sticking to my diet 100%.

Saturday morning I go back out to Stroud's and IFBB Pro Debbie Fowler is going to meet me up there and we are going to do an upper body workout with Sheilahe. I have no doubt she will kick our behinds and hopefully I will remember to get a pic of us looking ragged in the AM after our training session to post here! http://www.siouxcountry.com/images/smilies/rofl.gif Haha

michelle beck
05-19-2012, 10:00 PM
This morning I woke up and did some fasted cardio at my house and then I went over to Stroud's Gym in Hurst to train with IFBB Pro Sheilahe Brown and Debbie Fowler. http://www.siouxcountry.com/images/smilies/smile.gif Sheilahe had us working upper body and we kept the pace intense. I am working with Sheilahe tomorrow, then Friday and Saturday of next week because my prep coach is going out of town next weekend

Something shifted in me today, I am not sure what it was exactly. I am seeing and believing in the changes in my body for myself and not just taking someone else's word. What ever the change was I am finally getting excited to get back on stage again and I feel like I have gained even more confidence in myself than I had at the beginning of this prep. 4 weeks to go....let's do this! http://www.siouxcountry.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

michelle beck
05-21-2012, 08:53 PM
This weekend I did my weekly progress pics and weigh in. My husband usually looks at my weight and texts it to my trainer because even though I know the number doesn't matter, sometimes I can let it get to my head. Well since I am 4 weeks out I told him to go ahead and tell me my weight and I was heavier than I thought! :confused: My body is changing so that is the important thing, but if I need to get down a little more, drop some water, while tightening the bckside, slimming the legs and keeping the shoulders full. Esier said than done since I lose weight in a top down fashion. I am just going to bring the best I can, have fun and hope for the best.

Today after work I went to Metroflex Gym Ft. Worth to train. I have been improving with Sheilahe's workouts so I incorporated her style today in the shoulder routine I did. If anyone has been to a Metroflex in TX during the summer, you will know how hot it gets in there! I was dripping sweat all over the place. Everytime I leave there I feel like I stepped into the shower with my clothes on! :p Haha...Here is what I did:

4x
DB (one arm at a time) Shoulder Press-12reps
Side Laterals/squatting against a wall-15reps
Big Boys-50reps
BB Front Raises and Press-12reps

3x
DB One Arm Side Laterals-15reps
DB Bent over rear laterals-15reps
Up and Overs on bench-50reps

3x
BB Side Laterals (3 angles)-10 reps ea
Jump Squats on Box-15reps
Hanging leg raises-25reps

Shoulder Pulses out to the side ladder-35lbsx10, 30lbsx12, 25lbsx16, 20lbsx20, 15lbsx30

Well onto another busy work week! Time for me to keep pushing hard and make some improvements over the next 3 weeks or so! ;)

Bronwyn
05-22-2012, 03:27 AM
good strategy with the weight :) but I am too curious :) However sometimes I realized in some stages of the diet I stand on the same weight but still changing and just looking at the weight just makes me nervous :D

katt981
05-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Hey Michelle - what are 'big boys?"

michelle beck
05-23-2012, 07:53 AM
good strategy with the weight :) but I am too curious :) However sometimes I realized in some stages of the diet I stand on the same weight but still changing and just looking at the weight just makes me nervous :D

It is so crazy how we can let a little number mess with our heads at times even though we do not have weight classes (well, except for FBB). Every year I have stepped on stage heavier and looking better because I have more muscle mass than when I came back to the stage in 2009. The problem with that is I compete in the tallest class, so I am 5'10" going against girls that are 5'7", coming in at 135lbs or so, when I am closer to 145-150lbs. I see the changes with my body so as long as I keep focused on what I see, then the number (especially at this point-3.5 weeks out) isn't going to affect my mindset. :)

Hey Michelle - what are 'big boys?"

Big Boys (at least that is what Sheilahe calls them)-The real name for the exercise is Plyo Step Ups-Find a platform usually about 1.5 to 2 feet high and alternate your legs back and forth in a bouncing motion. It is just another plyo movement to add in between weighted sets to keep the heart rate high. (Hope I explained that ok! :p)

michelle beck
05-23-2012, 08:04 AM
Yesterday at work was the longest and slowest day ever!!! Sometimes just sitting here for 9 hours a day in a building with no windows sucks the energy out of me! I went to LMRA and trained legs:

Leg Extensions-4x25
Reverse Lunges on Smith Machine w/platform (one leg at a time)-4x15ea
Wide Leg Squats on Smith Machine w/platform-4x12
Hamstring curls (knees off the bench at the top of the movement)-4x15
Leg Press (one leg/body turned to the side)-2x25ea
Stiff Leg Deadlifts (One leg crossed in front then switch to the other leg crossed in front)-4x12/12
Calves Raises-5x20

Today is just cardio, abs and posing practice. Thank goodness my work week is almost over since this is my Friday off work! ;)

katt981
05-23-2012, 12:55 PM
the Plyo Step ups.. I've never seen anyone do them in our gym before, will have to try that one :)

I get you on the long day - I have a desk job and although I don't have a direct window, the office next to me does and I can see just a sliver of daylight...LOL

Bronwyn
05-25-2012, 04:10 AM
It is so crazy how we can let a little number mess with our heads at times even though we do not have weight classes (well, except for FBB). Every year I have stepped on stage heavier and looking better because I have more muscle mass than when I came back to the stage in 2009. The problem with that is I compete in the tallest class, so I am 5'10" going against girls that are 5'7", coming in at 135lbs or so, when I am closer to 145-150lbs. I see the changes with my body so as long as I keep focused on what I see, then the number (especially at this point-3.5 weeks out) isn't going to affect my mindset. :)

I see, but I also know how tricky is the weight at tall people. And being tallest in the class is not bad at all - taller girls always looks more elegant in the class in comparison with the smaller girls :) and elegance is good in Figure. good luck.

michelle beck
05-25-2012, 08:13 PM
the Plyo Step ups.. I've never seen anyone do them in our gym before, will have to try that one :)

I get you on the long day - I have a desk job and although I don't have a direct window, the office next to me does and I can see just a sliver of daylight...LOL

Give it a try. I love added plyo movements in between weighted sets during prep to help me keep the heart rate up! :)

Work with no daylight is so depressing! :( I have to take several walks around my building everyday just to get some sunlight to make sure I am still alive! Haha

I see, but I also know how tricky is the weight at tall people. And being tallest in the class is not bad at all - taller girls always looks more elegant in the class in comparison with the smaller girls :) and elegance is good in Figure. good luck.

Thank you, I hope I can use my size and shape to my benefit on stage in 3 weeks!

Yesterday I trane back and chest with my trainer IFBB Pro Abdul Sharif at LMRA. Here is what I did:

Lat Pull Downs-5 mins (I was using 100lbs and about 3min in I had to drop to 90lbs)
One Arm DB Rows-4x15
Free Motion Rows-4x12 (holding and squeezing back for a sec)
Assisted Close Grip Pull Ups-4x12
Seated Incline Press superset with Seated Press-5x10/5
Seated Cable Flys-4x20

Today was my Friday off work so I have a long holiday weekend! I am so happy because I needed it! I got my cardio all done first thing this morning, then after I went to Stroud's Gym to train with Sheilahe. We worked legs and she kicked my behind again.

4x
Box Jumps-15
Shuffle down each side of the gym
Hamstring Curls-15 (raising legs off the bench at the top of the movement)

3x
Gluteator-30
Lunge w/leg lift-R leg down one side of the gym/left leg back
Big Boys (50 then 75 then 100)

3x
Wide leg stance stiff leg deadlifts-20
Up and Overs on bench-100
Walk around the gym

3x
Pushed Sheilahe's Toyota SUV down the alley out back of the gym and then jogged back until she drove around the building and had me do it again while she sat in the car with the music on! :p Haha

After my workout I went downtown and got another massage from Kurt. My nose started to bleed during it so I guess I am more dehydrated han I thought even though I drink about a gallon and a half of water a day. Well I am relaxed now and ready to push hard the next few weeks and bring the best I can to the stage.

michelle beck
05-25-2012, 08:20 PM
I should re-read my posts before I hit reply. A lot of typos ^^^ there! Haha

Well, I am 3 weeks out today. :)

michelle beck
05-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Well yesterday, 3 weeks out my weight was down a little, by one pound! :confused: Whatever, I am busting my ass in my training, the mental part has been rough this prep, so at this point I have an oh well attitude about the whole thing (even though I really do care). I always seem to get so let down when I care too much, so I am just doing the best I can do and that is what I am going to bring to the stage whether anyone else likes it or not. :) Yesterday I woke up and did some fasted cardio at my house and then I went to Stroud's Gym and trained with Debbie Fowler again! :)

5x
Rows using bodyweight on Smith Machine-12reps
One Arm DB Row-12reps
Cable Rows-12reps
Jump Squats on Bench-20reps

4x
Leg Kicks against pad-20 on each leg
Hamstring Curls on Exercise Ball-20reps
Hyperextensions-8 with 25lbs plate/8 without

4x
Shoulder Press-12reps
Gluteator-20reps
Eliptical (backwards w/resistance)-2 min first time then 1min each addtl time

Bear Crawls around the gym

Afterwards I went shopping with my mom and we spent some time together. I love hanging out with my mom. It is so funny how when I was younger I used to get so annoyed with her, but now that I am older, besides my husband she is my best friend.

Today I slept in until about 8:30am, then I went to the gym for some cardio and trained legs with my friend Jennifer. I don't think she was prepared for the pace I keep, haha...but she hung in there. Afterwards we did some lunges on the treadmill and then we practiced posing. She is competing in her first show later this year in August. She video taped me in one of my suits so I can go back review and tweak some things last minute. Well I am tired and going to rest now and try to enjoy my long weekend. ;)

The Prodigy
05-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Well yesterday, 3 weeks out my weight was down a little, by one pound! :confused: Whatever, I am busting my ass in my training, the mental part has been rough this prep, so at this point I have an oh well attitude about the whole thing (even though I really do care). I always seem to get so let down when I care too much, so I am just doing the best I can do and that is what I am going to bring to the stage whether anyone else likes it or not. :) Yesterday I woke up and did some fasted cardio at my house and then I went to Stroud's Gym and trained with Debbie Fowler again! :)

5x
Rows using bodyweight on Smith Machine-12reps
One Arm DB Row-12reps
Cable Rows-12reps
Jump Squats on Bench-20reps

4x
Leg Kicks against pad-20 on each leg
Hamstring Curls on Exercise Ball-20reps
Hyperextensions-8 with 25lbs plate/8 without

4x
Shoulder Press-12reps
Gluteator-20reps
Eliptical (backwards w/resistance)-2 min first time then 1min each addtl time

Bear Crawls around the gym

Afterwards I went shopping with my mom and we spent some time together. I love hanging out with my mom. It is so funny how when I was younger I used to get so annoyed with her, but now that I am older, besides my husband she is my best friend.

Today I slept in until about 8:30am, then I went to the gym for some cardio and trained legs with my friend Jennifer. I don't think she was prepared for the pace I keep, haha...but she hung in there. Afterwards we did some lunges on the treadmill and then we practiced posing. She is competing in her first show later this year in August. She video taped me in one of my suits so I can go back review and tweak some things last minute. Well I am tired and going to rest now and try to enjoy my long weekend. ;)

I hear yah on the "oh well" attitude~! I get so frustrated at the end that I have to let it go or I drive myself and everyone around me nuts!

Bronwyn
05-29-2012, 07:09 AM
according the pic you looks very good! 3 weeks is so close and if you are satisfied with what you did - than no stress about it (LOL tell this to my man who officially hated me, when before last competition I asked him how I look like and if my conditioning is good enough almost each 5 minutes :D)

michelle beck
05-29-2012, 09:51 AM
I hear yah on the "oh well" attitude~! I get so frustrated at the end that I have to let it go or I drive myself and everyone around me nuts!

It is hard for me to be that way as well because I care too much, but I think if we can not relax about things and allow the good things to come into our life, then we are in a constant state of resistance and then nothing good will come in until we allow it to. :)

according the pic you looks very good! 3 weeks is so close and if you are satisfied with what you did - than no stress about it (LOL tell this to my man who officially hated me, when before last competition I asked him how I look like and if my conditioning is good enough almost each 5 minutes :D)

LOL!!! :p I am working on releasing resistance over this whole process and just allowing the good things to come to me.

michelle beck
05-29-2012, 09:54 AM
LMRA was open yesterday, so I went to the gym to do a little cardio and get a fast pace shoulder and ab workout in, before I went to hang out with the family at the pool. Here is what I did:

4x
DB Shoulder Press-12
Side Laterals w/wall squat-12
BB Front Raises w/press-12
Jump Squats on bench-15

3x
DB one arm side laterals-15
DB rear laterals-12
Behind the back upright rows-12
Big boys-50

2x
BB One Arm Side Laterals-3 positions (front, quarter and side)
DB ladders of side pulses-30lbs, 25lbs, 20lbs, 15lbs (increasing the number of reps as the weight decreases)
Up and Overs on bench-50

5x
PVC twists-50 twists
Hanging leg raises-30reps

I have a short work week this week because I took a day off on Friday for a fun opportunity that is going to take place for me! :) Once I have finalized the details I will let everyone know. I am feeling good despite time running out before I get on stage and all of the craziness going on here at work. I am just staying optimistic and who knows what could happen in 2.5 weeks! I hope everyone trains hard and has a great week! ;)

Me yesterday at the Beck family pool!

michelle beck
05-30-2012, 07:45 AM
I am so tired right now!!! Last night was rough. I was already hot and had a stomach ache so I was having trouble falling asleep (mind you I only get maybe 5 to 6hrs a sleep a night as it is :banghead:), then around midnight my brother in law text us that he is probably going to have to put his Bull Mastiff, Buster down because he has a tumor on his heart and hypertension. This has been happening for a while now and the doctors tried to do what they could, but in the end it wasn't going to get better and he didn't want him to be in pain. :(

We all loved Buster so much, he was a big cuddle bear and I know this was an extremely hard decision for my brother in law. Needless to say I couldn't go back to sleep after that sad news, so around 1am or so I went upstairs and did a little over an hour of fasted cardio. I was hoping that would make me tired and want to get an hour or two of sleep in before I had to wake up for work, but nope, nothing! So I came into work at 5am today, I will leave at either 2:30pm or 3pm to go to the gym and hopefully call it an early night.

My eating has been off today since I have been awake over 24hrs straight now! :o Oh well, all I can do is try to get back on track with my meals, sometimes there are more important things in life than being 100% perfect. :rolleyes:

R.I.P-We love you Buster!

michelle beck
05-31-2012, 08:39 AM
I left work to go to the gym about 2:30pm yesterday and trained legs, did some cardio and then went home and was able to fall asleep by 9pm which is early for me. :) I feel much better today and the fact that people on FB said so many great things and showed an out pouring of love for Buster made me feel better, even though we will all miss his big gentle soul.

So I was a zombie yesterday, but here is what I did for legs.

4x
Leg Press-50reps-315lbs
Leg Extensions-25reps-100lbs
Step to the side lunges w/10lbs medicine ball-15ea
Jump Squats on bench-20reps

3x (went to the gym for this)
Lunge and a half-one side R leg/coming back L leg-50lbs
Wide Leg Squats-25rpes-30lbs DB
Big Boys on giant tire-50reps

4x
Hamstring curls-15reps-80lbs
Wide Leg Stiff leg deadlifts-15reps-95lbs
Up and Overs on Bench-50reps

Sled Calve Raises-100reps-200lbs

So I just realized in 15 days I will be stepping on stage, OH S#%T...:p...J/K, I feel confident that I will bring and present a good physique on stage! With all of the sad news I forgot to post that tomorrow DFW Reporting will be coming to LMRA to videotape some of my training and do an interview with me on how/why I compete. I am very excited for the opportunity! ;)

katt981
05-31-2012, 10:16 AM
15 days??? WOW - so close! So sorry about Buster :( Losing a dog is so hard because they are such a part of your family.

Sunnyday
05-31-2012, 01:56 PM
Show day will be here before you know it. Woot woot!

So sorry about Buster! It is so hard to lose a furry family member.

michelle beck
06-02-2012, 08:03 PM
15 days??? WOW - so close! So sorry about Buster :( Losing a dog is so hard because they are such a part of your family.

I know right...*gulp*! I am getting excited to get back on stage again. Thank you for the condolences. The whole family was sad from his loss. He was such a sweet giant.

Show day will be here before you know it. Woot woot!

So sorry about Buster! It is so hard to lose a furry family member.

Thank you so much. I know everything is picking up and getting so crazy!

The video shoot went great yesterday, even though I was a little nervous on the interview part, because they didn't go over with me prior to the interview what kind of questions they were going to ask. They wanted to keep it more casual, but with diet brain sometimes I have no idea what I am saying and my brain just rambles, so hopefully Chris knows how to edit it well! :p I also didn't know what they wanted to tape training wise. I mean I could have taken them through a whole bodypart workout, but I don't think they wanted to sit there and watch me workout for 45min to an hour. I really wanted them to capture the intensity of how I train on prep, but I think that will be hard to convey in just taping a few different exercises...oh well, I am sure it will turn out great! I should have the video link Monday and I will post it up!

AHHHHHHH.....I have been so busy lately! Yesterday was the DFW Reporting interview, cardio, training, errands with my mom. Then today I woke up and did some fasted cardio, then went out to Stroud's Gym to train legs with Sheilahe Brown and Debbie Fowler, posing practice, tanning, laundry, the list goes on. My body is coming along (took ya long enough :rolleyes:) and even though I am still going to be a little heavier than in the past I think it will come together in the end, just as it should. ;) Tomorrow I will be going to Midlothian to do a mock show that Sheilahe is hosting and I will practice in my suit. I have learned to control my nerves when it comes to stage time, so I am getting really excited to get back on stage and strut it! Haha :p I hope everyone has a great weekend!

michelle beck
06-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Hey everyone, I am getting ready to hit the national stage again and DFW Reporting did an interview with me on my life and competing this past weekend. :)Chris Ghanbari was the videographer and Angela Hamann was the producer, they were great to work with!

Thanks for watching and I look forward to seeing and meeting some of you ladies at shows later this year in person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo490L6r2DE

michelle beck
06-05-2012, 08:59 AM
I am 10 days out now, so it is time for the sauna pants to come out and try to pull some of this water out of my lower body. Let the last 10 days of h3ll begin!!! :p J/K...it is really not that bad. I think the last 10 days are a little easier because the cardio lessens even though the intensity stays high and everything is just about done, just last minute tweaks and I am just looking forward to the stage! ;)

Yesterday after work I went to Stroud's Gym to train with Sheilahe. We did a little back work and leg/plyo work. Here is what we did:

3x
Assisted Pull Ups-8
Up and Overs on bench-75

5x
Lat Pull downs-holding for a sec and squeezing at the bottom-12

4x
One Arm Cable Rows-holding for a sec and squeezing at the bottom-10
Hamstring Curls on exercise ball-15

3x
Reverse Lunge w/kick to a pad-12 on ea leg
Gluteator-20

3x
Hamstring Curls-1 regular/1 with legs off bench-10ea
Box Jumps with a Squat-15

2x
Pushed Sheilahe's SUV down the back alley in the TX heat!!!

This time around I am just letting go...

Bronwyn
06-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Looking great - I really want your abs :D mine are flat and appearing the day before the show :D

michelle beck
06-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Looking great - I really want your abs :D mine are flat and appearing the day before the show :D

Awe, thanks! We all have our trouble spots. Mine is the junk in the trunk, it always tightens up last! The videographer liked working with me so much that this past Friday he came out to Metroflex Gym-Ft. Worth to video some more footage of how I really train! The workout clips in the video above were more just to have something to edit in between the interview. Hopefully I will have the new video completed some time this week! :)

AAAAHHHHHH.....I have been slacking on my journal, well not really I have just been so busy that I haven't had time to update. Just 4 days out now to stepping on stage! I skipped the Jr. Nationals in 2011, but I did the show in 2010 and placed 3rd so I am hoping to come away this time with the win. I feel like this is my best look yet. Hopefully the judges agree.

I went to a mock show yesterday hosted by Sheilahe Brown and Greg Corriere from One2One Training and I got really good feedback, a few helpful tips and now I am excited to step on stage. I feel ready and confident with the physique I will be presenting. I am bigger this year, but just as tight as in the past if not better. Right now I am just tightening up the rear end which is always the last to come in on me. What can I say, I am 100% Puerto Rican and fighting my big bootay, thick hips and thighs genetics everyday! :p

"Be still, and know that I am God."-Psalm 46:10

“If you believe you can, you might. If you know you can, you will.” ― Steve Maraboli

michelle beck
06-13-2012, 04:08 PM
I have been so busy this last week of prep I haven't had a lot of time to update my journal. Monday was my last leg day before the show Friday! I went to Stroud's Gym after work and trained with Sheilahe. Here is what I did:

3x
Leg extensions-drop set-30reps
Jump squats on bench-25reps

3x
Gluteator-25reps
Hyperextensions-squeezing the glutes and hams at the top-15reps

3x
Hamstring Curls-30reps (15 with legs off the bench at the top/15 regular)

Lunges and a half-all around the gym

I feel like we did something else, but I am drawing a blank! :confused: Diet brain! Well I am taking Epsom Salt baths everyday to try and dry out my legs some more and from here on out it is just upper body pump workouts, sweating out some water during cardio, the rest is already done. I am confident with the package and presentation I am going to bring this Friday and I hope the judges like it as well!

On Tuesday I worked half a day and now I am on my vacation! I went to the gym to do a upper body pump workout and my cardio. Then today was my last workout with Sheilahe before the show. I am really happy with my look so far this time and I feel like it is my best physique to date. I will be headed to Chicago tomorrow and I am excited to be back on stage Friday!

The Prodigy
06-13-2012, 06:08 PM
I have been so busy this last week of prep I haven't had a lot of time to update my journal. Monday was my last leg day before the show Friday! I went to Stroud's Gym after work and trained with Sheilahe. Here is what I did:

3x
Leg extensions-drop set-30reps
Jump squats on bench-25reps

3x
Gluteator-25reps
Hyperextensions-squeezing the glutes and hams at the top-15reps

3x
Hamstring Curls-30reps (15 with legs off the bench at the top/15 regular)

Lunges and a half-all around the gym

I feel like we did something else, but I am drawing a blank! :confused: Diet brain! Well I am taking Epsom Salt baths everyday to try and dry out my legs some more and from here on out it is just upper body pump workouts, sweating out some water during cardio, the rest is already done. I am confident with the package and presentation I am going to bring this Friday and I hope the judges like it as well!

On Tuesday I worked half a day and now I am on my vacation! I went to the gym to do a upper body pump workout and my cardio. Then today was my last workout with Sheilahe before the show. I am really happy with my look so far this time and I feel like it is my best physique to date. I will be headed to Chicago tomorrow and I am excited to be back on stage Friday!

Make sure you find me at Jr. Nats and say hi!

michelle beck
06-19-2012, 08:32 AM
Make sure you find me at Jr. Nats and say hi!

Gail, I am sorry I missed you at the Jr. Nationals! :( I did meet up with Aaron and Dave and did a pre-contest interview with him. I am at the 12:35 mark. I hope to meet you at Team U!!! :)

http://www.rxmuscle.com/videos/c-interviews/5855-womens-competitor-interviews-2-days-prior-to-2012-npc-jr-nationals-part-2.html

Well, the outcome did not turn out as I hoped. I did place 5th in Figure Class F this past weekend at the NPC Jr. Nationals. I brought what I felt like was my best physique and presentation to the stage yet, but unfortunately the judges did not agree with me. I still feel blessed to be placing consistently in the top 5 at the national level, but I did work really hard this year with my trainers IFBB Pro Abdul Sharif and IFBB Pro Sheilahe Brown to bring a better figure to the stage and a more polished presentation, which I felt like I did. :confused: I gave it my all and that is all I can do.

After Friday's pre-judging I did a little soul searching to figure out whether to continue or not and after some red velvet cake and cheesecake :p, I have decided to work hard the next 3 weeks to try and improve myself even more and compete at the 2012 NPC Team Universe. My best placing was at that show last year when I placed 3rd, so I hope this year I can come back and place in the top two in my height class and turn pro. I still have hope...

"When you say a situation or a person is hopeless, you're slamming the door in the face of God."~Charles L. Allen

"Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark."~George Iles

The Prodigy
06-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Gail, I am sorry I missed you at the Jr. Nationals! :( I did meet up with Aaron and Dave and did a pre-contest interview with him. I am at the 12:35 mark. I hope to meet you at Team U!!! :)

http://www.rxmuscle.com/videos/c-interviews/5855-womens-competitor-interviews-2-days-prior-to-2012-npc-jr-nationals-part-2.html

Well, the outcome did not turn out as I hoped. I did place 5th in Figure Class F this past weekend at the NPC Jr. Nationals. I brought what I felt like was my best physique and presentation to the stage yet, but unfortunately the judges did not agree with me. I still feel blessed to be placing consistently in the top 5 at the national level, but I did work really hard this year with my trainers IFBB Pro Abdul Sharif and IFBB Pro Sheilahe Brown to bring a better figure to the stage and a more polished presentation, which I felt like I did. :confused: I gave it my all and that is all I can do.

After Friday's pre-judging I did a little soul searching to figure out whether to continue or not and after some red velvet cake and cheesecake :p, I have decided to work hard the next 3 weeks to try and improve myself even more and compete at the 2012 NPC Team Universe. My best placing was at that show last year when I placed 3rd, so I hope this year I can come back and place in the top two in my height class and turn pro. I still have hope...

"When you say a situation or a person is hopeless, you're slamming the door in the face of God."~Charles L. Allen

"Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark."~George Iles

Proud of you for not giving up! Can't wait to meet you at Team U!

michelle beck
06-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Proud of you for not giving up! Can't wait to meet you at Team U!

I look forward to it! I will keep an eye out for ya.

So here is the plan for the next 2.5 weeks. What is done is done and I am still very happy with what we created this year, but I am working with IFBB Pro Sheilahe Brown on my legs/glute/ham tie in and trying to slim and tighten them as much as I can in the next couple weeks. Yesterday Sheilahe had me pushing her SUV down the back alley again! :p I am doing the step mill and my incline lunges as usual and I am also adding 4 sets of 25 weighted kickbacks, 4x a week and I am working legs at least two to three times a week this wek and next, but keeping it high intensity and more plyo work than heavy weighted exercises.

As for the upper body I am working mostly with Abdul on lifting heavy with my shoulders and lats. My back has good muscle definition and density in the mid section for figure so I just want to work the lats a little more so I create even more wings. I am working hard and I am excited to see what happens in NJ. Hopefully they will favor a taller, bigger figure girl! :)

Here is what I did today:

Lat Pull down-5x20
Incline Pull Overs superset with Pull Overs-4x15/2
One Arm Cable Pull Downs-4x15
Straight Arm Around the world-3x20 (half way down for 10 then all the way down for 10)
One Arm Side Laterals-3x15 (non-stop)
W Shaped Presses-5x12

Weighted kick backs-4x25
30min high intensity cardio
15min lunges
Seated twists-5min
Posing-15min

Bronwyn
06-20-2012, 03:37 AM
congrats and good luck at team U contest. BTW: if you brought your best on stage, than you won. I said it even in my journal - the more I see judging and result on competition and various criteria, the more I have the feeling it is more "miss congeniality" time to time than a real contest ;)

curvygirl
06-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Hiya Michelle!
Congrats on competing at Jr. Nationals! :)

I still feel blessed to be placing consistently in the top 5 at the national level
Well despite your disappointment on placement you have a great perspective! Falls in line with that article by/about Kris Murrell (http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/5605-kris-murrell-the-finishing-touch.html) on competing, winning & losing.
I hope that Team U is a great experience for you!

And damn! Top 5 in a dense field of national level competitors is nothing to sneeze at! I am impressed fo sure! :D

Plus I confess a little envy that you work with Sheilahe Brown! She is fantastic! I'd love to hear more on how you are
working to "lean" your legs. Coz just like you I'm
fighting my big bootay, thick hips and thighs genetics everyday! :p

Do the "sauna" pants really work for you?

Keep on killing it girl! Peace!
Elise

michelle beck
06-21-2012, 02:11 PM
congrats and good luck at team U contest. BTW: if you brought your best on stage, than you won. I said it even in my journal - the more I see judging and result on competition and various criteria, the more I have the feeling it is more "miss congeniality" time to time than a real contest ;)

LOL!!! ;) Thanks Lada!

Hiya Michelle!
Congrats on competing at Jr. Nationals! :)

Well despite your disappointment on placement you have a great perspective! Falls in line with that article by/about Kris Murrell (http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/5605-kris-murrell-the-finishing-touch.html) on competing, winning & losing.
I hope that Team U is a great experience for you!

And damn! Top 5 in a dense field of national level competitors is nothing to sneeze at! I am impressed fo sure! :D

Plus I confess a little envy that you work with Sheilahe Brown! She is fantastic! I'd love to hear more on how you are
working to "lean" your legs. Coz just like you I'm

Do the "sauna" pants really work for you?

Keep on killing it girl! Peace!
Elise

Hi Elise, thank you so much! :) I have been placing in the top 5 at almost every national show I have done except one, so I expect more of myself especially when I brought what I felt like was my best look yet. Crazy mindset to have in a subjective sport I know, but I tend to always be my hardest critic.

Sheilahe is awesome and has really helped me slim down my legs and perfect my posing this year. We do not use super heavy weight, but we do a lot of plyo work, running, bear crawling, isolation movements, supersets and we keep the rest breaks short so I can keep my heart rate high and burn the calories/fat off these legs of mine. I use the sauna pants 10 days out to a show to help pull the water from my lower half and sweat it out. It is not anything that lasts, but it does temporarily help me to get a look for the stage. Hey, I will try any trick no matter how some people may feel about it. I already do the diet, training and cardio to try and fight my Puerto Rican genetics, so if I can get my legs to slim down and tighten up I will do it. :p

So yesterday I went to Stroud's Gym after work and Sheilahe Brown once again kicked my behind working legs. We did a more high intensity plyo day Monday so we kept it a tad bit heavier this time around while keeping the rest breaks short. Here is what we did:

Leg Extensions-5x15
Leg Press-5x15
Wide Leg plea Squats-5x20
Box Step Up Superset with Lunges-5x5/10
Box Jumps/Run Around Gym/Hamstring curls/Run around Gym-5x10/20
Gluteator-3x25

I am suprised she didn't have me push her SUV this time because she said we were going to do that every workout, but hey I wasn't going to remind her if she forgot! ;)

Also, yesterday my cousin and three of her friends are driving across country from GA to CA because she just graduated from Pharmacology school and got a job in CA. So they were coming through TX and stopped to stay overnight at my parents. Lacey is my only cousin on my dad's side of the family so I was so happy to see her! She is so beautiful, smart and thin (I wish I got some of those genetics! :mad:)!

First pic is myself and Lacey, then my pug Gracie and her Pomeranian Spartan.

Second pic is Myself, my mom (she is so tiny), my dad and Lacey.

michelle beck
06-24-2012, 08:49 PM
This weekend I haven't been online much. Friday I worked legs with my trainer at LMRA. Then on Saturday I slept in a bit and decided to make it my cardio only day, my body needed the rest. In fact I decided to take melatonin and I was out by 8:30pm Saturday night and woke up this morning about 8am. Since I usually do not get much sleep, it was nice to catch up on some of those hours. Then today I went to Metroflex Ft. Worth and did a little lat/shoulder and plyo workout. Here is what I did:

3x
Wide Grip Pull Ups-15
One Arm DB Shoulder Press-12ea
Pushed the sled-down and back one side of the gym

3x
Close Grip Pull Downs-12
Seated DB Side Laterals-12
Big Boys-50

3x
Seated Rows-15
DB Rear Laterals-15
Jump Squats on Bench-15

3x
Cable Pull Overs-20
One Arm Side Laterals w/free bar-12ea
Up and Overs on bench-25

Tomorrow after work I will go to Stroud's to work legs with Sheilahe. I have been managing to hold my weight some what steady. It tends to go into super drive before a contest and especially in between two of them and I have to make sure I keep looking full so I do not come out looking too stringy. I am keeping a positive attitude for Team U and I am ready to bring my best again to the stage! ;)

Bronwyn
06-26-2012, 03:29 AM
good luck soon.

darrtiss
06-27-2012, 02:04 AM
Hey Michelle! Saw you at Jr. Nats and you looked awesome!! Good luck at Team U! I'm sure you'll kill it!! You're workouts are awesome to read through and give me some great ideas =)

best of luck
xoxox

michelle beck
06-27-2012, 11:13 AM
good luck soon.

Thanks Lada! :)

Hey Michelle! Saw you at Jr. Nats and you looked awesome!! Good luck at Team U! I'm sure you'll kill it!! You're workouts are awesome to read through and give me some great ideas =)

best of luck
xoxox

Thank you so much! ;) I was personally very happy with what I presented on stage at Jr. Nationals and I am looking forward to bringing a slightly improved package to the stage at Team U and seeing where that takes me.

michelle beck
06-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Blah...I have been scattered brain lately and slacking on my journal! :o I can't believe I am 10 days out...AGAIN! Time for the sauna pants to make their apperance and sweat out some water weight in the lower half.

I got some review and feedback from the judges yesterday, very interesting conversations (that is all I will say about that for now). For the most part I know what I need to work on, it will always be my issue, but that is just my body shape and genetics, so I will continue to fight it the best I can. I was thankful for the reviews, but there is only so much I can do in the next 10 days, I keep reminding myself though, different day, different judges, you NEVER know what could happen! :)

Monday I went to Stroud's Gym after work and trained legs with Sheilahe. Since it has been a few days and my brain isn't getting a lot of food, I do not remember the whole routine, but there was a lot of leg extensions, hamstring curls, weight kick backs, lunges and plyos. We are training legs again today and after all of this my poor knees and legs need some rest, but I will push it until the show to get them looking the best I can.

Yesterday I trained with my other trainer at LMRA. We worked mostly on lats and the medial delt. Here is what we did:

Pull Downs-10x10
DB One Arm Rows-4x12
Incline DB Side Laterals-5x15
W Shaped Presses-5x12
Straight One Arm Cable Pull downs-(Freemotion machine)-3x15 (facing to the front), 3x15 (facing the side)
Behind the back Cable Side Laterals-5x12

Excited to see what changes the next 10 days will bring!

fitty_vent
06-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Hey Michelle! My name is Sarah Venturini and I also recently competed in Chicago at Jr. Nats. I was blessed to win my class and turn pro (still sinking in!), but I just want to encourage you to keep going and training hard! (Not that you need it, you seem so motivated and driven). I have enjoyed reading your training journal here (great workouts! and also so nice to know other competitor's have same thoughts, doubts and dreams) and also saw you compete in Chicago. Just wanted to say you looked fantastic! Your drive and pursuit are inspirational - never give up! You are so close... excited for you to do Team U. Good luck and best wishes!

michelle beck
07-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Hey Michelle! My name is Sarah Venturini and I also recently competed in Chicago at Jr. Nats. I was blessed to win my class and turn pro (still sinking in!), but I just want to encourage you to keep going and training hard! (Not that you need it, you seem so motivated and driven). I have enjoyed reading your training journal here (great workouts! and also so nice to know other competitor's have same thoughts, doubts and dreams) and also saw you compete in Chicago. Just wanted to say you looked fantastic! Your drive and pursuit are inspirational - never give up! You are so close... excited for you to do Team U. Good luck and best wishes!

Hey Sarah, congratulations on your win at Jr. Nationals you looked great as well and you have great symmetry, in fact I think you gave the overall a close run! Thanks so much for your well wishes, I am going on Natl show number 7 or 8 now so it can be hard to dust yourself off, pick yourself up and go for it again, but if there is one thing I have it is determination and perseverance and I will reach my goals. I have a good feeling about Team U, that was my best placing so far at the national level last year and if I can come in and take one of the top 2 spots in my class I will be extatic! ;) Hopefully one day I will meet you in person at a show and we will be able to grace the same IFBB pro stage soon.

michelle beck
07-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Soooo....I have been so busy lately getting ready to hit the stage again, I have been majorly slacking on my journal so I am going to try to keep it as short as I can while I post what I have been up to the past few days.

Last week on Wednesday I went to Stroud's Gym to train legs with Sheilahe. All I can say is my legs were spent between pushing them so hard this prep and doing the cardio to try and slim them down. Going from 4am to 10pm is starting to wear on me, but I only have a few more days until I hit the stage again and try to make this dream a reality.

Here is what I did yesterday:
5x
Leg Extensions-50
Hamstring Curls-30 (15 knees off the bench/15 regular)
Crunches with exercise ball in between the legs-15

4x
Wide Leg Squat w/DB-20
Knee up w/exercise ball down one side of the gym

4x
Reverse lunges on box superset w/one leg lunges-(L side/R side)-15/12

Then posing practice flexing the legs and squeezing the quads/hip flexors.

I received a critique back from one of the judges and they said in their opinion my suit color/cut did not flatter me. I got a lot of compliments from other people on my suit so I am not sure what to do about my next show. I do have other suits, but the reason why I got a suit with underwire is because last year they said my lats were not visible from my front post, especially when I flex (because trust me compared to many I do have lats and a back). So the underwire top helps to support them and pull them inward. I do not want something so small to hold me back, but like I said every judge has a different opinion, so what if I wear a different suit and then there are a whole other set of issues and judges that don't like it!?! I am going to have to do some thinking about this one.

On Thursday last week, I did shoulders, bis and tris and then on Friday I did legs and lats. I am basically doing a full body pump at this point except for my legs I am still killing those trying to get my glute/hamstring tie in to tighten up. Saturday I went to Metroflex Gym Fort Worth, sweat a ton of water weight and pushed the sled around. In fact my weight was dropping too low so my trainer told me to have a little cheat meal so I had a turkey and swiss cheese sandwich, minus the bread and then sweet potato fries! ;) Yum!

Then yesterday I went to a mock show in Flower Mound, TX hosted by Sheilahe Brown and got some posing practice in. I tried on some of the other suits I have and since one of the judges did not like the bra style top I am thinking about wearing a red or purple one I have. They both have pros and cons about them. I like the purple bottom, but the top is a little too small and I could have a slip if ya know what I mean. Plus I do not think it looks as good against my skin as the red one. The red one looks better against my skin and I like the top fit better, but I do not like the cut on the bottoms as much.

We will see what I end up doing, my mom is pretty handy with a needle and thread so maybe she can fix some things on them or I may even wear the one I did at Jr. Nationals again. Time will tell, but either way I am staying positive and focused on bringing an even better me to this show. The judges critiques are important to me, because no one is perfect and there are always things one can improve on. But sometimes in order to stay confident within yourself you have to block out other opinions as well, because in the end the only opinion that really matters is the one you have of yourself. So I am just going to have this attitude about the whole thing!
:)

michelle beck
07-02-2012, 10:00 AM
“God knows your value; He sees your potential. You may not understand everything you are going through right now. But hold your head up high, knowing that God is in control and he has a great plan and purpose for your life. Your dreams may not have turned out exactly as you’d hoped, but the bible says that God’s ways are better and higher than our ways, even when everybody else rejects you, remember, God stands before you with His arms open wide. He always accepts you. He always confirms your value. God sees your two good moves! You are His prized possession. No matter what you go through in life, no matter how many disappointments you suffer, your value in God’s eyes always remains the same. You will always be the apple of His eye. He will never give up on you, so don’t give up on yourself.”~Joel Osteen

curvygirl
07-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Just popping by to say "break a leg!" and rock the stage at Team U!

By the by I think the suit you wore for Jr. Nats is beautiful! In fact you look beautiful in all three!
I know suit fit is important at the level you are competing especially with the goal to achieve your pro status, but eh those pesky judges!
If I had to pick one, it would prolly be the red & see if Mom could adjust the bottom to your liking.

Keep on killing it for peak week! Wishing you a wonderful outcome this weekend!
Peace!

michelle beck
07-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Just popping by to say "break a leg!" and rock the stage at Team U!

By the by I think the suit you wore for Jr. Nats is beautiful! In fact you look beautiful in all three!
I know suit fit is important at the level you are competing especially with the goal to achieve your pro status, but eh those pesky judges!
If I had to pick one, it would prolly be the red & see if Mom could adjust the bottom to your liking.

Keep on killing it for peak week! Wishing you a wonderful outcome this weekend!
Peace!

Thanks so much Elise, I really appreciate it! ;)My mom is fixing the suits and once she makes the alterations I am going to decide 100% which is the right one for pre-judging. I hope training is going well, I plan on popping into others journals, but things have just been so crazy lately.

Yesterday I had my last leg day with Sheilahe at Stroud's Gym before Team U. I was on the stepmill waiting for her to get there and she texts me, "meet me out back pushing the SUV is first." :nuts: LOL...It wasn't that bad, I am so ready and I excited for this show I had plenty of energy for my last leg day. Here is what I did:

3x
Pushed the SUV down the entire alley/jog back

4x
(Stayed outside in TX heat) Knee Ups w/Medicine Ball 20 steps both ways
30sec stiff leg dead lift w/weighted bar

5x
Sprints down the alley/jog back

4x
Hyperextensions (straight leg/one leg off and squeezing at the top)-12ea
Weighted Lunge and a half-down and bak-one side of the gym

3x
Hamstring curls-legs raised up off the bench at the top-15
Jump Squats on bench-20

I am right on track and excited to head to Jersey on Thursday! I have even created an alter ego (LOL) Ivette Michelle, she is here, she is confident, she takes what she wants and she is in full effect and ready to hit the stage! ;)

Sunnyday
07-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Good luck this weekend! :)

michelle beck
07-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Good luck this weekend! :)

Thank you so much! This has been a whirlwind weekend, I am still in a daze, but it has been an amazing one for me! So happy I was able to meet Gail in person at the meeting before finals on Saturday!

Here is the video of Figure Class F from the finals from this past weekend (I am not sure what they were re-confirming, not sure I want to know...LOL) and where they announced me as a new IFBB Pro! http://www.siouxcountry.com/images/smilies/cool.gifhttp://www.siouxcountry.com/images/smilies/cool.gifhttp://www.siouxcountry.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGgw5K2H4_Y&list=UUFdtegnYLwScC0q3LMR7APw&index=1&feature=plcp

My husband also took a ton of pics that I will post once I go through them all. I feel very happy and blessed that I didn't give up on myself or my dream and now it is a reality! ;)

Sunnyday
07-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Big congrats, new IFBB Pro! I watched Dave's play-by-play. You looked awesome!

The Prodigy
07-09-2012, 10:16 PM
CONGRATS LADY!!!!!! SOOOOOOO wonderful to have the pleasure of meeting you!

Bronwyn
07-10-2012, 03:44 AM
Big congrats Michelle

michelle beck
07-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Big congrats, new IFBB Pro! I watched Dave's play-by-play. You looked awesome!

Thanks girl! :) I was happy with the way I looked, but I wish the leg definition I had worked so hard for showed more than it did on stage. I think my tan was a little too dark and the two coats without rinsing after the first coat just piled on top of my skin and washed out the cuts. Oh, well that is just me being ove critical, it still ended up as I hoped!

CONGRATS LADY!!!!!! SOOOOOOO wonderful to have the pleasure of meeting you!

Thanks Gail and a BIG congrats to you as well! ;) It was a great weekend for us both!

Big congrats Michelle

I have been so happy and overwhelmed by all of the congratulations since this past weekend. I thought nothing could bring me down, then I went back to work again and there is nothing that can slap the reality back into me faster or try to steal my joy more than that place where everything is your fault! Ugh....I am grateful because I have a job that pays well and has good benefits, the job every parent wants their child to have, the only problem is it doesn't make me happy. I used to have my CPT through NASM, but it expired way back in 2004 when I started working in corporate jobs and I have yet to renew it. I also have a BA in Public Relations and I love health and fitness, I just need to find a way to combine the two and integrate myself more into the industry. I guess it is time for me to start looking into other options where I can use my skills and fulfill my passions. If you have any ideas, feel free to mention them to me!

The Prodigy
07-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Thanks girl! :) I was happy with the way I looked, but I wish the leg definition I had worked so hard for showed more than it did on stage. I think my tan was a little too dark and the two coats without rinsing after the first coat just piled on top of my skin and washed out the cuts. Oh, well that is just me being ove critical, it still ended up as I hoped!

Thanks Gail and a BIG congrats to you as well! ;) It was a great weekend for us both!

I have been so happy and overwhelmed by all of the congratulations since this past weekend. I thought nothing could bring me down, then I went back to work again and there is nothing that can slap the reality back into me faster or try to steal my joy more than that place where everything is your fault! Ugh....I am grateful because I have a job that pays well and has good benefits, the job every parent wants their child to have, the only problem is it doesn't make me happy. I used to have my CPT through NASM, but it expired way back in 2004 when I started working in corporate jobs and I have yet to renew it. I also have a BA in Public Relations and I love health and fitness, I just need to find a way to combine the two and integrate myself more into the industry. I guess it is time for me to start looking into other options where I can use my skills and fulfill my passions. If you have any ideas, feel free to mention them to me!

OMG! I feel the same way about my real job! That is why I love RX Girl SO much!

Aly Veneno
07-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Oh I am so glad you have a training journal on here. I was checking out your amazing physique at team U, now i can learn your secrets! congrats girl you looked awesome!

michelle beck
07-15-2012, 01:06 PM
OMG! I feel the same way about my real job! That is why I love RX Girl SO much!

You are lucky you have this outlet Gail. My next goal is looking to find my place in this industry, not only as a pro competitor, but also behind the scenes in some capacity.

Oh I am so glad you have a training journal on here. I was checking out your amazing physique at team U, now i can learn your secrets! congrats girl you looked awesome!

Hey Aly, thank you so much! ;) I have taken a week off since Team U, but tomorrow I will be back on it and updating my journal more often.

michelle beck
07-15-2012, 01:09 PM
I have taken a forced week off the gym since last weekend, because my body needed the rest, but I have been doing cardio at my house because I also took a break from my diet and I didn't want to blow up this week which is easy for me to do because I put on weight very easily. :rolleyes: I didn't go too overboard, I ate half clean, half what I wanted to and I think I am up about 4lbs total with water. I am ready to get back to my normal routine tomorrow, back to lifting and back on a clean diet. I am going to lift 5 days a week and do cardio 5 to 6 days a week, maybe even go back to adding in some kickboxing like I used to do on Saturday mornings.

Here is what I am going to be eating (offseason plan until I decide what is next) and just monitor my body week to week and make adjustments if needed:

Meal #1-4 egg whites, 4 slices turkey bacon, 8oz oatmeal
Meal #2-30g protein shake, apple and 4tbsp of pb2
Meal #3-5oz chicken breast, 4oz sweet potato, 8oz vegetables
Meal #4-30g protein shake, 3 rice cakes w/Walden Farms Caramel Syrup
Meal #5-5oz Chicken Breast, Medium Salad (no dressing)

I am currently trying to decide what is next for me. That is the question everyone wants to know and it is one I am trying to figure out as well. Some think I should take a break before making my pro debut, others think just jump right in, I really don't know what I want to do. I worked three long, hard and consistent years to reach this goal, that moment was over in the blink of an eye and it seems what I do next is all that matters, but I want to make thought out decisions before just jumping right into anything, I tend to overanalyze. Right now in the meantime of trying to figure it out, I want to keep my weight and physique in check so I can be happy until I figure out what s next. I am trying to keep focused on what I want to do in the industry and what impact I want to make as a pro. I want to be a part of the industry in some way or another and I also want to help others in my area go after and reach their personal goals. I used to have my CPT through the NASM and I have been thinking of getting it renewed. I have a lot to think about, but I am looking forward to one day making my pro debut and figuring out what the next step of my journey will be! ;) Very exciting times ahaed!

michelle beck
07-17-2012, 09:43 AM
So I took a week off the gym after my pro card win at Team U. I still did cardio so my body wouldn't go into complete shock since I slacked on my diet all last week as well. After only lifting my butt off the couch to do cardio or my hand to my mouth to stuff it, I got back to my normal routine yesterday and I was so happy to lift again. :D I am so glad I took the break, because there were days during prep that I was dreading going to the gym to lift and that was just not me, I love to train hard and lift (I just don't love to diet :p).

I went to LMRA and trained with my coach IFBB Pro Abdul Sharif. We worked shoulders and a little bi's/tri's (I hardly ever work bi's/tri's because they grow faster than my shoulders).

Seated behind the neck presses (smith machine)-5x10-75lbs
DB one Arm Side Laterals superset with Scott Presses-5x8-35lbs/25lbs
Behind the back Cable Side Laterals (Freemotion)-4x12-15lbs
Seated Rear Laterals-5x12-30lbs
BB Curls Superset w/DB Tricep Press-5x10/12-65lbs/40lbs
Tricep Press Downs (on assisted pull up machine)-4x15

Everyone at the gym wants to know what I am going to do now, the Europa they ask??? Haha...My goodness, how about some rest please! :p They were not the ones doing the work and I know they just don't really understand what it takes to build a physique like I have over the past few years or what it takes to get stage ready.

It took me three years both on and off season, training like a beast to grow into my 5'10" frame, dieting with food I can't stand like seafood to get my body lean enough to compete with smaller girls in my height class, waking up every morning at 3:45am to do fasted cardio before work, working 9 hour days (in hell), going to the gym after work to weight train, doing more cardio if needed, ab work, practice my posing, driving 30min out to Hurst a couple days a week to see Sheilahe and push her SUV, the sacrifice of time away from other activities, the thousands of dollars I have spent in the pursuit of this goal and the pain, sweat and tears I have shed over the past few years, but with all of that said in the end I wouldn't change a thing because I reached my goal and I taught myself an amazing lesson of working hard for what you want, believing in myself and if I don't give up on myself or my dreams, eventually I will reach any goal I set out to accomplish! ;) But please people at the gym, let me rest a bit and enjoy this moment I worked so hard for! LOL

Sunnyday
07-17-2012, 02:57 PM
We who have competed and have put it all on the line to attain a dream goal understand where you're coming from. Rest is what your body needs right now. Enjoy life without prep for the time being. We're here for you. :) cyber hugs!

michelle beck
07-17-2012, 09:58 PM
We who have competed and have put it all on the line to attain a dream goal understand where you're coming from. Rest is what your body needs right now. Enjoy life without prep for the time being. We're here for you. :) cyber hugs!

Thanks girl! ;) I know that is the next natural question for people at my gym to ask me and don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for all of their support, but they just don't know how much goes into this. I want to enjoy this time, go after some other goals I have put on the back burner and continue to create something even better, so when I do make my pro debut, hopefully this amazon will make an impact! :p

Today I worked legs after almost two weeks of not working them, they are going to feel great in a couple days! :D My goal is to keep my legs down from here on out so when I decide to make my pro debut, I won't have to kill them as much as I did for this prep (Also make sure my tan doesn't get so dark with two coats laying over my skin, so when I do compete again the cuts I have worked so hard for actually show up on stage! :o)

The first way I am going to achieve this is by not gaining too much weight, because all of my weight goes directly to my hips, thighs and booty. That means I have to keep a clean diet, 6 days good, one day to eat what ever I want. The second way I am going to achieve this is by continuing to do a little bit lighter weight, higher reps, plyo work and doing my cardio to keep them slimmed down.

I went to LMRA again today and worked with Abdul. Here is what I did:

Leg Press-2x50-225lbs
Hack Squat superset with one leg squats-5x20/15ea-135lbs/bodyweight
Leg Extensions superset with Hamstring Curls-5x20/15-95lbs/80lbs
Step Up on bench down to squat-3x20ea-bodyweight
Standing Calve Raises (Freemotion)-3x20-140lbs
Seated Calve Raises-3x20-95lbs

I am looking forward to seeing my Metroflex Ft. Worth fam tomorrow! :cool: I haven't seen most of them since before I left to New Jersey. I know a lot of them will be competing in the NPC portion of the Europa in Dallas and I hope my pro card win will inspire them to push hard the next few weeks and help them to believe that anything is possible as long as they work hard and continue to believe in themselves!

Bronwyn
07-18-2012, 03:30 AM
You deserve the rest and you may tell people in the gym that you need to reconsider your goals and prepare really well, what CAN NOT be done overnight. And I guess they will understand ;)

Good luck with offseason goals.

michelle beck
07-19-2012, 10:28 AM
You deserve the rest and you may tell people in the gym that you need to reconsider your goals and prepare really well, what CAN NOT be done overnight. And I guess they will understand ;)

Good luck with offseason goals.

Thank you Lada! :) I am working on some improvements now and then I will decide if I want to make my pro debut later this year or next. I am excited to go out with my husband tomorrow on a real date and we are going to Texas De Brazil (not sure if they have anything like this where you are at?), the restuarant brings different cuts of meat around and you can basically stuff your face with protein! :p LOL

It was good to see my Metroflex Ft. Worth fam yesterday and I had a great workout, but man this TX heat is HOT!!! It can zap the energy out of you quick, but everyone there trains hard and the atmosphere is something you just can't get at many other gyms. I did a little cardio, shoulders and abs. Here are a few pics my man took.

Sunnyday
07-19-2012, 04:13 PM
It is so nice to live vicariously through peeps like you who can train at a REAL gym with other hardcore peeps! I am stuck at the local YMCA, more like a health club than a gym. More cardio queens than gym rats. I sent my coach a training vid and he asked me where was I working out- the supermarket...because I have to do walking lunges in the hallway past the vending machines...LOL!

I like that you've mapped out a game plan for your lower half and your diet. After my last show I did something similar because I knew it would be a year before I stepped on stage again and I didn't want to balloon out and have to kill myself dieting for the next prep. I eat clean 6.5 days and the last 0.5 is whatever I want. :) it has really worked well for me.

Bronwyn
07-20-2012, 03:35 AM
Sunny LOL with the supermarket :D :D
Michelle - the restaurant we have here is a bit similar I think, called Brazilian Ambiente - and they offer various meats on big needles and always cuts a piece into your plate right? :) We were there 4-5x here and I loved it, anyway since sushi/asian food all you can eat is here we rather go there (plus it is cheaper). However I loved the brazilian beef in parmasane cheese!! Yummy.

michelle beck
07-22-2012, 09:36 PM
It is so nice to live vicariously through peeps like you who can train at a REAL gym with other hardcore peeps! I am stuck at the local YMCA, more like a health club than a gym. More cardio queens than gym rats. I sent my coach a training vid and he asked me where was I working out- the supermarket...because I have to do walking lunges in the hallway past the vending machines...LOL!

I like that you've mapped out a game plan for your lower half and your diet. After my last show I did something similar because I knew it would be a year before I stepped on stage again and I didn't want to balloon out and have to kill myself dieting for the next prep. I eat clean 6.5 days and the last 0.5 is whatever I want. it has really worked well for me.

I train the majority of my time at LMRA where my trainer works, which is also like a YMCA, but the thing that matters most is that no matter where you are at or what atmosphere is around you, that you still push yourself to your limits, which by looking at your journal I know you do. But I do admit having a place like Metroflex Gym or Stroud's Gym to train at is pretty awesome too! ;)

Sunny LOL with the supermarket
Michelle - the restaurant we have here is a bit similar I think, called Brazilian Ambiente - and they offer various meats on big needles and always cuts a piece into your plate right? :) We were there 4-5x here and I loved it, anyway since sushi/asian food all you can eat is here we rather go there (plus it is cheaper). However I loved the brazilian beef in parmasane cheese!! Yummy.

Yes, that is the same thing. I am not into sushi or fish really (which makes my prep really fun :p), but any all you can eat place is alright with me! Haha

So Friday my husband and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary (which is really on June 20th, but I was in the midst of contest prep, so we didn't really get to do anything). We went to Texas de Brazil and had a little competition to see how much meat we could eat. My husband weighed 216lbs before we left the house and when he got back he weighed 221! :p I on the other hand decided not to step on the scale so I wouldn't go into a full blown depression! LOL

On Saturday morning I decided to go with a girlfriend to try a crossfit class for the first time ever. It was a good little workout, basically they just took us through a MET/WOD (1min on the row machine/1min push ups/1min goblet squats/1min inverted rows/1min jump rope x3). I had never done crossfit so I went in with an open mind, because I heard some of the people that do it are anti any other form of exercise. Most everyone there was cool, but there is always one! :rolleyes: My girlfriend and I were talking about gyms and training as we were walking out and one of the regulars jumped in our convo and said "Well the difference between this gym and other gyms is all my friends are here, everyone knows each others names and we don't spend time kissing our muscles in the mirror! :mad: I can't help but feel that was directed toward me. Well listen chick, I will kiss my muscles in the mirror, out lift and out work you EVERY time! Oh and I go to a gym, Metroflex Ft. Worth where everyone knows each others names! Ehh...what ever, I liked the class and I would go back for something different every once in a while.

Tomorrow starts a long work week for me...blah, but I am looking forward to going to the gym tomorrow! :) Have a great Sunday everyone.

Sunnyday
07-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Belated happy anniversary!

LOL at "kissing your muscles in the mirror"! The way I have busted my butt over the last two years to earn this bod I built up from the skinny fat thing I once was I'll kiss my muscles in the mirror too...and outlift all the women and some of the men while I'm at it. :)

The Prodigy
07-24-2012, 11:02 AM
I train the majority of my time at LMRA where my trainer works, which is also like a YMCA, but the thing that matters most is that no matter where you are at or what atmosphere is around you, that you still push yourself to your limits, which by looking at your journal I know you do. But I do admit having a place like Metroflex Gym or Stroud's Gym to train at is pretty awesome too! ;)

Yes, that is the same thing. I am not into sushi or fish really (which makes my prep really fun :p), but any all you can eat place is alright with me! Haha

So Friday my husband and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary (which is really on June 20th, but I was in the midst of contest prep, so we didn't really get to do anything). We went to Texas de Brazil and had a little competition to see how much meat we could eat. My husband weighed 216lbs before we left the house and when he got back he weighed 221! :p I on the other hand decided not to step on the scale so I wouldn't go into a full blown depression! LOL

On Saturday morning I decided to go with a girlfriend to try a crossfit class for the first time ever. It was a good little workout, basically they just took us through a MET/WOD (1min on the row machine/1min push ups/1min goblet squats/1min inverted rows/1min jump rope x3). I had never done crossfit so I went in with an open mind, because I heard some of the people that do it are anti any other form of exercise. Most everyone there was cool, but there is always one! :rolleyes: My girlfriend and I were talking about gyms and training as we were walking out and one of the regulars jumped in our convo and said "Well the difference between this gym and other gyms is all my friends are here, everyone knows each others names and we don't spend time kissing our muscles in the mirror! :mad: I can't help but feel that was directed toward me. Well listen chick, I will kiss my muscles in the mirror, out lift and out work you EVERY time! Oh and I go to a gym, Metroflex Ft. Worth where everyone knows each others names! Ehh...what ever, I liked the class and I would go back for something different every once in a while.

Tomorrow starts a long work week for me...blah, but I am looking forward to going to the gym tomorrow! :) Have a great Sunday everyone.

I don't think I will like crossfit..I hate plyos so I doubt I will like it! What are your thoughts on crossfit?

michelle beck
07-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Belated happy anniversary!

LOL at "kissing your muscles in the mirror"! The way I have busted my butt over the last two years to earn this bod I built up from the skinny fat thing I once was I'll kiss my muscles in the mirror too...and outlift all the women and some of the men while I'm at it. :)

Thank you! :P LOL....Yep, that girl doesn't kiss her muscles in the mirror...oh wait, that is because she has none!

I don't think I will like crossfit..I hate plyos so I doubt I will like it! What are your thoughts on crossfit?

Ehhh...I am on the fence about it. I do like adding in MET for burning body fat in contest prep and to keep cardio interesting, but a lot of the movements (esp the strength exercises) they have to use to get the high number of reps with in a set time looks like it could be a mess. I am going to give it another try one Saturday and see if it something I will add into my routine on a weekly basis.

michelle beck
07-24-2012, 12:49 PM
So yesterday after work I went to Metroflex Gym and met up with Fitdiva83 aka Jamilah from Siouxcountry! :) She is in town visitng friends in Dallas and she drove out to Fort Worth to come train with me. We are both trying to keep our bodies lean so we did a mix of back exercises and plyos. She has been doing more crossfit typw of workouts so we did a little MET at the end of our work out for cardio. Here is what we did:

3x
Assited Pull Ups-12
Cable Rows-12
Jump Squats-15

4x
Wide Grip Pull Downs-10/12
DB One Arm Rows-12ea
Sled Push/Pull Alternating and going heavier last two sets

3x
Close Grip Pull Downs-15
Cable Pull Overs-20
Up and Overs-25

Then we did some MET work....(20min or so)
Run half a mile/63kb swings/32 Ball Drops
Run half a mile/42KB swings/24 Ball Drops
Run half a mile/21kb swings/12 Ball Drops

If anyone has ever been to a Metroflex Gym in TX during the summer at 4pm, they know it is HOT in there and we were both dripping sweat all over that gym! :p Haha....We sweat, we don't glisten! But everyone else there sweats it out too, it is just how we do it at Metroflex. It was great to meet another friend from online in person and we had a brief chat after the workout as well!

cook
07-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Michelle,I posted early in your thread but don`t like to post in the womens section too much because...well it`s for women but I just wanted to say congratulations on getting your pro card.I know you must have worked hard for it.Making Ft. Worth proud and I hope you`re enjoying this heat.

michelle beck
07-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Michelle,I posted early in your thread but don`t like to post in the womens section too much because...well it`s for women but I just wanted to say congratulations on getting your pro card.I know you must have worked hard for it.Making Ft. Worth proud and I hope you`re enjoying this heat.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! :) I competed in my first figure competition in 2002 and I have worked/competed consistently the past 3 years straight toward the goal of becoming an IFBB Pro, so I am very happy. I am looking forward to making some more improvements and making my pro debut. This TX heat, especially when I go to Metroflex is killer! :p Have a great weekend!

michelle beck
07-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Tuesday I went to LMRA after work and trained shoulders and a little bi's (I hardly ever work bi's and tri's because they grow faster than my shoulders :rolleyes:). I am always working on growing my shoulders wider (especially the medial delts)! I was born with a smaller clavicle so all I can do is the best I can to try to grow them and create that illusion. Here is what I did:

Seated DB Shoulder Press-27.5lbsx6/30lbsx6/35lbsx6 (went up in increased weight, then rested for a sec and then went back down-2 sets)
BB Front Raises-45lbsx12-5 sets (reverse grip)
One Arm Side Laterals-20/25/27.5/30lbsx10/10/8/6-4 sets
Behind the Back Upright Rows (rear delts)-60lbsx12-5 sets
Freemotion Machine One Arm Side Laterals (behind the back)-20lbsx12-4 sets back to back no rest
Bicep Curls/Hammer Curls/Preacher Curls-75lbs/20lbs/25lbsx5/12/25-4 sets

I was pretty worn out Tuesday night, some times it doesn't hit me until the end of the day. I was laying in bed and my husband was talking to me, and as soon as he turned off the lights he said I told him that "I don't care and to stop talking" then he said he heard me breathing heavy so he knew I was out! :p LMAO...I don't even remember saying that. Needless to say yesterday was a cardio only day so I tried to get to sleep a little earlier and give my body a bit of rest. Now today is leg day and I am ready to cut these things up!

michelle beck
07-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Busy weekend, where did the time go!?! I didn't have time to come update my journal daily so here is a weekend re-cap. I ended up training legs on Friday after work with my trainer, IFBB Pro Abdul Sharif. Here is what we did:

Front Squats-5x12
Reverse Lunges on the Smith Machine-3x15ea
Close stance Squats on the Smith Machine-3x15
Leg Extensions-Left Leg only superset with both legs-10/10x5
Hamstring Curls-5x15
Step Ups on Bench-2x20
Standing Calve Raises-5x20

Then after my leg workout, on Friday's I always go over to my parents house to visit, chat and watch TV together. I didn't stay too long though because my mom has some kind of hives all over and I didn't want her to touch me or touch anything she touched! :p

Saturday morning I went to cardio kickboxing class! :) I used to teach the same class a long time ago, so it was good to go back, get a different form of cardio in and catch up with old friends that still go to the class that I have gone to on and off now since I was about 19 years old, wow, almost 13 years now!

Then after kickboxing I went to the gym to do a shoulder workout and then to do the weekly grocery shopping. I was able to rest for a couple hours then I had to get ready and go to Metroflex Ft. Worth, they were having their 2nd Annual N.A.S. Cowtown's Strongest Man Contest. A portion of the proceeds went to the Wounded Warriors Project. It was nice to go to the gym and chat with everyone, even though it was HOT in there at 6pm! (Below is a pic of me and Joseph Cortez aka Joezilla who is getting ready to compete in a few weeks at the Dallas Europa!)

Sunday was a bunch of cleaning and my cardio only day, but I was busy catching up on some things around the house I neglected during prep. Today is another HOT day in TX, so after work I was going to go to Metroflex, but we will see how I feel! :nuts: I love sweating, that is not the problem, the problem is how quickly this heat can zap your energy and I want to be able to get in and do everything I need to, especially since I am trying to make improvements for my eventual pro debut. I hope everyone has a great Monday!

michelle beck
08-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Well, I haven't been on much, because since I turned pro, I really haven't been doing anything too interesting lately besides training and working. I have been able to keep my weight down to about 7lbs from my contest weight which is always difficult for me because I pack on weight so easily. It is hard to go from your brain telling your body to eat every three hours to just eating healthy food when your body actually sends you hunger cues, especially when you have a boring job where you sit there for 9 hours a day. I always eat clean food, it is just the snacking on junk here and there throughout the day that can get me. I tend to rebel against a set diet in the off season, I always train like a beast, but I admit I don't like the dieting and eating foods I don't enjoy (like seafood), but I do like the way diet makes me look...ugghh, so I keep it to clean foods I do enjoy and add in fruit and higher portions of carbs. Some days are better than others, but I am learning to balance it out (no this is not my first off season, lol, I have done this many times, but it is still a work in progress for me) and I am working on keeping my weight down so I can come into my pro debut even better.

This quote is my new favorite, I have been working even more lately on my mindset and when the time is right...:)

"I am building a fire, and everyday I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match."-Mia Hamm

The Prodigy
08-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Well, I haven't been on much, because since I turned pro, I really haven't been doing anything too interesting lately besides training and working. I have been able to keep my weight down to about 7lbs from my contest weight which is always difficult for me because I pack on weight so easily. It is hard to go from your brain telling your body to eat every three hours to just eating healthy food when your body actually sends you hunger cues, especially when you have a boring job where you sit there for 9 hours a day. I always eat clean food, it is just the snacking on junk here and there throughout the day that can get me. I tend to rebel against a set diet in the off season, I always train like a beast, but I admit I don't like the dieting and eating foods I don't enjoy (like seafood), but I do like the way diet makes me look...ugghh, so I keep it to clean foods I do enjoy and add in fruit and higher portions of carbs. Some days are better than others, but I am learning to balance it out (no this is not my first off season, lol, I have done this many times, but it is still a work in progress for me) and I am working on keeping my weight down so I can come into my pro debut even better.

This quote is my new favorite, I have been working even more lately on my mindset and when the time is right...:)

"I am building a fire, and everyday I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match."-Mia Hamm

I LOVE the quote!! Just be happy your metabolism is holding up and allowing you to not have a plan in the offseason! I would give my left arm for that!! lol!!!

michelle beck
08-05-2012, 08:15 PM
I LOVE the quote!! Just be happy your metabolism is holding up and allowing you to not have a plan in the offseason! I would give my left arm for that!! lol!!!

Thanks Gail! I have a few friends that have experienced metabolic damage and it is very scary. I worry every off season that the weight may come on and won't stop packing on. The most I have ever been is about 20lbs or so over and even though right now I am still having to do my cardio and watch what I eat by counting my calories in the off season, I would much rather do that then have to try and drop all that weight....again! I am sorry you are going through it, I can't even imagine how difficult it is both physically and mentally.

michelle beck
08-05-2012, 08:17 PM
How cool is this!!! :D A friend just informed me that I made it on the BodySpace/Bodybuilding.com "We 'Mirin Vol. 10: 15 Awe-Inspiring Physiques."

The caption reads: "Get ready to wipe your jaw off the floor. This collection of limit-crushing, muscle-bearing, ripped BodySpace members will push you to train harder than ever."

I am number 13 on the link and that pic that they used is my offseason pic (ugghhh :rolleyes:), oh well if you click on the pic it will take you to my BodySpace page. That is where I originally started my journey and have met and kept many online friends that have followed me from the start! :) Here is the link:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/we-mirin-10-bodyspace-15-awe-inspiring-physiques.html

I have been getting a lot of friend request lately from BodySpace and I had been wondering why! :o LOL

Bronwyn
08-06-2012, 04:53 AM
Congrats ! - I also started on the bb.com page, but when they changed the design I do not like it there that much as it slows down my PC. However I started there as well and 2009 I was physique of the month December :)

michelle beck
08-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Congrats ! - I also started on the bb.com page, but when they changed the design I do not like it there that much as it slows down my PC. However I started there as well and 2009 I was physique of the month December :)

Thanks Lada! That is funny you say that because I always used to be on there as well, but when they did the new design I didn't like it as much either and it does the same to my computer, so I hardly ever go on there anymore. I hope you are doing well, I will have to stop by your journal and catch up as soon as I get time! :)

michelle beck
08-08-2012, 07:59 AM
So Monday morning...talk about getting my heart racing! I get woken up by the sound of an alarm in my house going off around 3am! My husband has the gun loaded and ready to go in about 2 secs (I have never seen him move that fast:p), I have the phone ready to call 911. Our first thought is someone is breaking into our house and then we realize that is not the house alarm going off it is our fire alarms! So we go check the entire house and nothing, no fire, everything is fine!

The alarms went off one more time so we had to disconnect them and I guess I am going to need to get someone to come check them out. Since I was up a little earlier than normal and my heart was pumping, I just started my AM cardio! :P Needless to say I was exhausted after I got off work, so I called it my cardio only day and tried to get to sleep early.

Yesterday after work I went to train with my trainer IFBB Pro Abdul Sharif. I worked shoulders and biceps.

Seated Shoulder Press (Smith Machine)-5x10
BB Upright Rows-4x12
One Arm DB Alternating Side Laterals superset w/normal DB side laterals-5x10/10
One Arm DB Rear Laterals-5x12
Incline Freemotion Curls-4x15
Easy Bar Curls-5x8

This weekend I will be going out to Jesse James Fitness in Flower Mound, TX to a mock show hosted by my posing coach IFBB Pro Sheilahe Brown. Since I just turned pro she wants me to be there to talk to the figure girls about my journey, answer questions and help them with posing tips. I am excited for the opportunity. I love to help out others and help them reach their goals as well.

michelle beck
08-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Sorry this post is going to be a little long, but I have been slacking a bit on my journaling! Last week on Thursday my trainer and I were working legs and we decided to have a little fun. A girlfriend of mine sent us a pic of someone doing a ridiculous exercise, so we decided to try it and taped it! :p I guess you would call it an upside down squat or leg press…IDK….but it was funny and we were going to see if anyone at the gym would try to copy this one.

You can check it out on my IFBB Pro page….

http://www.facebook.com/mobileprotection#!/pages/IFBB-Pro-Michelle-Beck/121297011237970

Saturday I went to the gym then went shopping for some outfits. I had to buy some black pants that fit because all of mine are still hanging off me! I got a nice compliment from one of the ladies at JCPenny. She said “I have no words, you are so fit, I am speechless, I can’t even do my job!” LOL….It felt nice to get a compliment, especially in the off season.

On Sunday I went out to Jesse James Fit in Flower Mound, TX to help out IFBB Pro Sheilahe Brown with a mock show. There are a lot of competitors getting ready for the Europa, The Heart of Texas and Texas State. They introduced me to all of the girls there for figure as one of the new IFBB Pro’s in TX and had me talk to them about my experience for a minute. Then we ran all of the girls through pre-judging and the quarter turns. I was sitting on the judging panel and I really enjoyed doing it and helping the girls with pointers. Judging may be something I look into doing in the future.

One of the girls from the mock show I helped out with yesterday asked me "what exactly does being a pro mean, do you get money or sponsorships?" I told her that there MAY BE opportunities for sponsorships, you MAY have a chance to win money on the pro stage one day, but I told her to me, being an IFBB Pro is more about what it means to me personally and all of the other stuff would just be a bonus.

In the end you still have to work for those opportunities to be available to you and they are not guaranteed. Competing whether it be at the local, national or pro level is an expensive hobby and if you are doing it for anything other than the fulfillment of reaching your own personal goal to be the best you, you can be and to prove to yourself that you will not quit on yourself or your dreams, then you are probably doing it with unreal expectations or for the wrong reasons. This is a journey, enjoy the experiences along the way, those are the things that really matter in the end.

I am excited to go to the Europa this weekend, I have been there the past three years in a row and this is the first year I will be attending as an IFBB Pro! I am also excited to go cheer on Debbie Fowler; I saw her yesterday and she look great!!! I set up a last minute off season photo shoot at the host hotel with one of my favs Dan Ray! ;)

curvygirl
08-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Hiya Michelle :)

LOL! Okay I shot over to FB and liked your page! :D AND that is the craziest leg press exercise I have seen! Though I do wish our gym had the set up with the flat foot plate to do presses while lying down on the floor.

I think you have a great philosophy regarding being a pro...too many seek that status purely for monetary reasons or the belief of monetary gain.

It sounds like you had a blast with the mock show & judging! It is fun to help other competitors out :D ~ I recently got to help a fellow physique competitor choreograph her posing routine and I loved it. AND this past Saturday she won her show! Yay Yay Yay! I hope to do more choreography & routines in the future.

Have a blast at the Europa! Looking forward to the shots you & Dan Ray come up with! Post your pics! x0x0x

Sunnyday
08-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Sigh...I am not on FB so I am having to take a guess at what you are doing and it sounds like a suicide squat. If that's what it is, then that is so FREAKING AWESOME cuz they are totally badass! I get goosebumps even thinking about that exercise I think it is that cool! I have a couple of friends at my gym who do those on the Smith machine but I won't attempt them without a foot plate in addition to a spotter, neither of which I have access to at my gym. So, sigh, I have to live vicariously through those who do. :)

Props to you for such a positive philosophy toward the sport AND for giving back with the mock show! If (and it is still a very big IF) I ever get to be a pro that is what I would want to do is be that sort of a positive influence and give back where I can.

Enjoy the Europa and please post some pics here from your shoot with Dan! :)

Bronwyn
08-15-2012, 05:40 AM
Great video on the FB :) "handstand squat upside down" ? :)
BTW: looking forward to see your pics done with Dan Ray, tell him Lada says hello :) ;) LOL

michelle beck
08-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Hiya Michelle :)

LOL! Okay I shot over to FB and liked your page! :D AND that is the craziest leg press exercise I have seen! Though I do wish our gym had the set up with the flat foot plate to do presses while lying down on the floor.

I think you have a great philosophy regarding being a pro...too many seek that status purely for monetary reasons or the belief of monetary gain.

It sounds like you had a blast with the mock show & judging! It is fun to help other competitors out :D ~ I recently got to help a fellow physique competitor choreograph her posing routine and I loved it. AND this past Saturday she won her show! Yay Yay Yay! I hope to do more choreography & routines in the future.

Have a blast at the Europa! Looking forward to the shots you & Dan Ray come up with! Post your pics! x0x0x

Haha...thanks, glad you saw the video! :p That is great, congrats to your friend for winning her show. I love the physique division and the routines, looks like fun!

Sigh...I am not on FB so I am having to take a guess at what you are doing and it sounds like a suicide squat. If that's what it is, then that is so FREAKING AWESOME cuz they are totally badass! I get goosebumps even thinking about that exercise I think it is that cool! I have a couple of friends at my gym who do those on the Smith machine but I won't attempt them without a foot plate in addition to a spotter, neither of which I have access to at my gym. So, sigh, I have to live vicariously through those who do. :)

Props to you for such a positive philosophy toward the sport AND for giving back with the mock show! If (and it is still a very big IF) I ever get to be a pro that is what I would want to do is be that sort of a positive influence and give back where I can.

Enjoy the Europa and please post some pics here from your shoot with Dan!

Thank you Sunny! You aren't really missing anything on FB! Keep at it and believing in your dreams and you will get there. ;)

Great video on the FB :) "handstand squat upside down" ?
BTW: looking forward to see your pics done with Dan Ray, tell him Lada says hello LOL

Yes, I guess that is what you would call it Lada! :p The shoot with Dan didn't work out. I will explain in my next post, but hopefully we will get together again either this year or next and set one up.

michelle beck
08-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Hey there! :) I have been MIA, not too much exciting going on in the off season. Just living life, making improvements and trying to keep my weight down (which is a task in itself).

Well I made it to the Europa on Friday for pre-judging and stayed at the host hotel, then I was supposed to have a photo shoot with Dan Ray at 7:30am the next morning and go to the finals afterwards, but I wasn't feeling well and Dan was shooting the NPC portion of the show until 1am, so we decided to hold off and we will just do it another time. :( I did get to catch up with SallyAnne and Bryan for a bit Friday which was nice, they are always so friendly.

I didn't make it to finals, I went ahead and went home Saturday to rest because Sheilahe Brown was having her b-day party Sunday and I wanted to make it out for that. It was a fun birthday party, there was music, lots of food, desserts and sugar free jello shots going around! ;) Sheilahe ambushed us girls by having a photo shoot out by the pool! I didn't bring my bathing suit, but luckily she had one for me to borrow and I am glad she got to me before I ate too many sweets! :p

There were a lot of people that came out to celebrate her birthday, new IFBB Pro Stephen Frazier, Branch and Trish Warren (and their cute baby girl Faith), Prince Harrison and a ton of competitors, clients and friends.

Below is the off season pic by Steve Pickett that was taken at Leah Wilson's beautiful house (a popular contest prep coach here in the DFW area).

Bronwyn
08-24-2012, 03:15 AM
It had to be fun Michelle.

And sure the shooting will happen another time. I have very nice piscs from Dan, even I was in offseason shape. But some of them belongs to my "epic pics" LOL.

michelle beck
08-24-2012, 01:08 PM
It had to be fun Michelle.

And sure the shooting will happen another time. I have very nice piscs from Dan, even I was in offseason shape. But some of them belongs to my "epic pics" LOL.

Thanks Lada! :) Yeah, Dan is great, I shot with him at the 2011 USA's and we will shoot again in the near future.

So, I had a good leg work out yesterday and my booty is feeling it this morning already so I figured I would share it. :)

4x25/15ea/20
Sissy Squats superset w/
One Leg Hack Squats (body turned to the side) superset w/
Leg Extensions

5x10
Butt in the Bucket Squats on a Box on the Smith Machine

5x15
Vertical Leg Press (made w/the Smith Machine)

4x12/12
Hamstring curls superset w/
Seated Hamstring curls

I got a nice compliment yesterday from one of the ladies at the gym I go to. She told my trainer while I was on the step mill that she wanted my butt! :p

It always feels good to hear something nice, especially on an area of the body you have been working hard to improve. She should have joined me while he was making me do those "butt in the bucket" squats so she can see what you have to do to get it tight and get it right!!! ;)

Work is really trying to stress me out so I haven't had time to check out others journals lately :(, I barely have had time to post in my own, but hopefully all of this craziness will get better soon!

curvygirl
08-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Oooh Wheeee! Michelle you are one hot mama!
I love that suit! What designer/brand is it?

Yup! I dream of either a Dan Ray or Chris Z. photoshoot! But I really want to be in national level, fighting condition! I think
I lust that even more than actually competing on the national stage...bad Elise bad!

Wishing you all the best!

michelle beck
08-28-2012, 08:13 AM
Oooh Wheeee! Michelle you are one hot mama!
I love that suit! What designer/brand is it?

Yup! I dream of either a Dan Ray or Chris Z. photoshoot! But I really want to be in national level, fighting condition! I think
I lust that even more than actually competing on the national stage...bad Elise bad!

Wishing you all the best!

LOL...bad Elise! :p Thank you chica! I was ambushed with the photo shoot, so I didn't even have a bathing suit. I borrowed that from Sheilahe Brown, so I have no idea where she got it. It was cute though klnd of a retro style.

Photo shoots can sometimes be the most fun part of it all! But I know what you mean, I like to be in contest shape too when I do them. I kind of wish I had done more this year while I was in contest shape, but oh well there is always next year.
Work is super stressful right now, so I haven't been able to post much here or even get online during the day all together. We are having another re-org and once again I have a new manager! But this time it is even more than just management change, our job responsibilites have changed as well, so even though I have been here 5 years I am having to do new and harder job responsibilities and I feel like I am starting all over again!
:mad:

Ugghhh....anyway, enough about that!!! In the mean time please read my latest interview with Fit Model TV and get to know a little more about me! :) Thanks

http://www.fitmodeltv.com/2012/08/27...michelle-beck/ (http://www.fitmodeltv.com/2012/08/27/fit-model-tv-interviews-michelle-beck/)

Hopefully I will have time later in the week to catch up on a few journals! *sigh* Now back to work for me! :(

michelle beck
09-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Well I am enjoy this nice long 4 day weekend away from work, especially after being so stressed out with the re-org we are going through! :mad: Yesterday I went out to Stroud's Gym to train with IFBB Pro Sheilahe Brown and she kicked my ass, literally! Here is what we did:

Stiff leg dead lifts-6x12-170lbs
Hex Bar Squats-5x15-135lbs
Sled Pull (down and back in the alley outside in the TX heat)-3x140lbs
Lunges down the gym superset w/bear crawling back-2x
Box Step Up's-3xbody weight

Here is a video of the box step up's (she caught me on the second to last set, my legs were toast)!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BOTuu5Cq4Q

Today was cardio only and a cheat meal! :p I discovered candy corn M&M's, not a good thing, because they are delicious! Tomorrow I am meeting up to help a new girl with figure posing at Metroflex Fort Worth for the Texas State coming up in October. I hope everyone has a Happy Labor Day! :)

Bronwyn
09-06-2012, 11:29 AM
I hope you enjoyed the posing lesson. I LOVE when I may work with someone new. I remember working with one teen figure in May on her posing, working with one of my clients I prepared one year ago etc... Almost more fun for me than nailing my own posing :D

michelle beck
09-06-2012, 07:41 PM
I hope you enjoyed the posing lesson. I LOVE when I may work with someone new. I remember working with one teen figure in May on her posing, working with one of my clients I prepared one year ago etc... Almost more fun for me than nailing my own posing :D

Thanks Lada, she did well for her first time ever posing and I agree! I get as much if not more enjoyment in helping someone else and watching them grow and succeed as I do my own accomplishments! :)

michelle beck
09-06-2012, 07:43 PM
WORK is cutting into my online reading and posting time!!! :mad: This new re-organization is stressing me out even though I am trying to focus on positive things, but my traps are at my ears right now and I have been busier the past two weeks than I have the past 5 years! I will be back to posting regularly soon when all of this craziness dies down.

Anyway....the other day I trained shoulders and triceps with my trainer, here is what we did:

Clean and Press-5x8
Seated DB Front Raises-5x12
Seated DB Side Laterals-5x10
W Shaped Shoulder Presses superset w/DB Tricep Press-4x8/15
Bent Over BB Rear Laterals superset w/weighted bench dips-5x12/12

This Saturday is the 2012 NPC Heart of Texas in Dallas, it is a Prince Harrison show. I believe PJ Braun is going to be the guest poser and I spoke with IFBB Pro Sheilahe Brown (my posing coach and NPC TX judge) yesterday and I think I am going to do some trophy presenting at the night show! I need to get my tan on, nails painted and eyelashes done before Saturday! :p Hey I like to look presentable on stage even if I am not competing! I hope I can keep this stress in check and not stuff it down my face. :mad:

Bronwyn
09-06-2012, 09:42 PM
That is a pride to present trophies :D and much better you knows that frorward. I remember in 2010 I was just as a help to my man competing on one international championship, helping him to pump up and put the tan on etc. and the promoter did not even told me - and than I heared they are calling my name to come on stage as a guest LOL.... no nails and lashes done, with spots from the tan all over and I gave trophies to middleweight men class LOL :D

michelle beck
09-15-2012, 08:42 PM
That is a pride to present trophies :D and much better you knows that frorward. I remember in 2010 I was just as a help to my man competing on one international championship, helping him to pump up and put the tan on etc. and the promoter did not even told me - and than I heared they are calling my name to come on stage as a guest LOL.... no nails and lashes done, with spots from the tan all over and I gave trophies to middleweight men class LOL :D

I bet that was pretty awesome to be called out there without even knowing! :) That means they thought highly of you. Well, I wish I could have say I had the same honor, but my dog got very sick the morning of the show, I had to take her to the vet. She ended up having a bacterial infection, the doctor put her on meds and I did not want her to be alone for the night so I had to tell them I couldn't make it. Luckily they already had more than one person for the trophy presenting, but hopefully I will get the opportunity in the near future to do it again.

michelle beck
09-15-2012, 08:48 PM
I have still been swamped and stressed out at work so I haven't had time to update as much as I would like lately, but I am hoping that it will calm down soon so I can update more often and be able to check in on everyone else's journal to catch up!

In the meantime I received the link to a video shot and edited by Chris Ghanbari in July before I turned pro at the 2012 NPC Team Universe! It is a video of me training legs and abs at Metroflex Gym Fort Worth. I think it turned out great, please check it out! :) Thanks for watching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxHD_Yle-y4&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxHD_Yle-y4&feature=plcp (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxHD_Yle-y4&feature=plcp)

arielhumphrey
11-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Awesome video! I've been a fan for awhile (through bb.com), glad to see you be rewarded with that pro card!