PDA

View Full Version : Must read before posting in na forums

Sistersteel
04-13-2009, 11:30 PM
I will make this short and sweet.

Welcome stranger to the NA forum. Glad you've found your way home. This forum is dedicated to the discussion of the 12 step program BY THE BOOK. Recovered and struggling addicts are all welcome to partake in these discussions, to share their deepest emotions and seek support in their struggles with other like minded individuals...and perhaps make a friend or two on their journey.

I am moderator on these forums, which means that my job is to monitor activity, see that the rules are enforced and that a certain level of respect is maintained when members are engaged in heated debates. These are sensitive matters and people who seek the knowledge and wisdom of the program are vulnerable and very susceptible to the power of the spoken word. I, as a recovered addict, bring you the program BY THE BOOK. I will never stray from the program by attempting to bend the rules to cater to my whims nor to justify my choices. I have way too much respect for NA and the influence is has had on my life.

I have had some trouble with a few members lately who decided to stroll unto here under bogus handles in an attempt to attack me, and other members, by questioning our integrity. Insulting me or anyone else is insulting everything we stand for. And many of us have our lives depending on the things we believe in.

Having spent far too much time among addicts, I am very accustomed to and extremely fed up with the "holier than thou", self righteous attitude most addicts are NOTORIOUS for.

This forum is not for anyone to point the finger or question someone else's integrity or ethics. You can enjoy the safety and comfort of your cocoon solo. This forum is for mature adults who would like to get some perspective on the choices they have made in an attempt to lead to a drug and alcohol free lifestyle. I do not want one or two assclowns making this an uncomfortable and uneasy experience for the majority. No one gives a shit if you disapprove of the choices other people make on their journey to sobriety.

I will say this once and give no warnings. Any and all posts that stray from our principles or are made in an attempt to lecture me on how to operate this forum or what does and does not constitute the NA program, will be removed. I am far more qualified than any of you with an eternity of sobriety under your belt and a malicious, rotten, corrupt and resentful attitude, to teach the program with the kindness, love, and compassion of my heart.. BY THE BOOK.

ZERO TOLERANCE.

ALL mind altering substances, alcohol, destructive behaviors or their substitutes, are strictly forbidden in NA.

Steroids included.
Obsessive behaviors Included.
Wanking included.
Bodybuilding included.
Compulsive eating Included.

Running you bloody mouth...Included.

If you have something controversial regarding sobriety or NA to discuss, that goes in the private password protected forum. There you are free to bask in the shadows of resentment all you like. My life, my choices, my sobriety..are not open for debate. Neither are anyone else's.

Its black or white. There are No exceptions.

Welcome to the program.

Respect,

SS