PDA

View Full Version : Probiotics - Who Has Tried Them?

partsRheavy
02-12-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm just trying a probiotic by "Goodbelly" for the first time and am really happy with it helping digestion. Also, my overall energy level has been really good.

My hypothesis is that traces of antibiotics in commercial chicken and farmed fish can upset the intestinal flora. The probiotic introduces the healthy bacteria back into the intestine, potentially improving food absorption.

What types of probiotics do you guys use?

toxic Avenger
02-13-2009, 08:06 AM
I have not yet tried a product like goodbelly. I do the Activia thing sometimes when I'm not on Dave's low low carb diet and I can notice a difference mostly in digestion. I will have less gas and bloating. Maybe this is related and maybe not. I have some pet rodents. Once in a while I need to treat them with antibiotic for abscess. If I do not give them a probiotic probably similar to yours they will get a mycoplasma infection due to a shift in normal microbial flora caused by the antibiotic.

joedanielsx
02-13-2009, 08:38 AM
i take acidoplilus in morning.sometimes have a bit of kimchee in diet as i love korean spicy food. i feel good with probiotics in diet

BigJD69
02-13-2009, 12:26 PM
NOW or TWINLAB!!!

melvininaz
02-14-2009, 09:58 AM
I recently went to a raw foods retreat and met a world renound MD that has tested and recommends Ultra-Probiotic Formula by Advanced Nutritional Research POB 2639, Mill Valley, CA 94942 (800)569-0444. I truly believe taking probiotics and staying hydrated are critical to health and longevity!

GetLean
02-15-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm using RPNs Gut Health, and absolutely love them, worth checking out.

HARDCOREB
02-15-2009, 04:23 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/419QmrNtqhL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Guy Cisternino
02-15-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm just trying a probiotic by "Goodbelly" for the first time and am really happy with it helping digestion. Also, my overall energy level has been really good.

My hypothesis is that traces of antibiotics in commercial chicken and farmed fish can upset the intestinal flora. The probiotic introduces the healthy bacteria back into the intestine, potentially improving food absorption.

What types of probiotics do you guys use?

I take acidophilus and have been taking it for years, I take really any kind, actually I take the Vitamin Shoppe brand 3 x a day and love it...You have to be carefull though some people who take it and dont' need it can get very bad indigestion, so don't over due the intake of it

the mighty stu
02-16-2009, 09:50 AM
I believe Yates' company puts probiotics in their protein powder... and while it's a little off the actual topic, I know a lot of BBers back in the early 80's used to take digestive enzymes with their higher protein meals. The whole idea being for your body to actually use more of what you eat I suppose.

S

chasebny
02-16-2009, 02:27 PM
I showed absolutely no difference observably when supplementing with acidophilus.

GREENMACHINE23
03-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Greek Strained Yogurt. Taste great.

Zetawill
03-10-2009, 01:22 PM
I love probiotics, keep my skin healthy and my internal track healthy.

Most folks who don't see the benefit of probiotics either had dead cells or didn't take enough. (Walmart/Walgreens/CVS brands just won't cut it).

Yogurt does have some and some companies have enhanced. I can take a pill of Kyodophilus and get the equivalent of eating about 1000 yogurts. I like yogurt, but my diet and pocketbook can't handle that amount of yogurt.

What BBers in the 80's where taking where digestive enzymes. Not only do they break down carbs, fats, and proteins they also seem to help with muscle soreness and breaking down lactic acid and ammonia.

Most true probiotics have to be refigerated after opening, so unless you want to keep a jug of protein in you fridge, I'd just buy your regular protein and a bottle of Kyodophilus.

Military Might
03-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't yogurt have probiotics in it? I figure just eat a bunch of that for a slow digesting carb and you'll won't have to waste money on actual supplements of the stuff

Luffers
04-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Yes yoghurt that says "live cultures" on the tub will have it in.

I don't see how taking a probiotic pill is gonna work, after all, probiotics are supposed to be live! They are not alive if they come from a pill!

G-Roy
04-09-2009, 09:12 PM
I tried RPN gut health and didnt notice any difference.