PDA

View Full Version : What Aussie sups would you use and when?

AussieRugbyPlayer
04-14-2009, 02:37 AM
Hi all,

First time I have posted up a thread of my own on here. So hello to all.

Just a follow on thread from http://forums.rxmuscle.com/images/okay/misc/subscribed.gif Aussie brands, whats good and whats crap (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=1554). This was a great thread, we really do have some fantastic brands in our own backyard, which offer fantastic bang for buck and quality! They may not have the fancy lables or advertising campiage of US brands, but they are good quality and worth the expendature!

So I was thinking how would/do you use them?

This is what I was thinking:

Before or during WO:
20g Bulk nutrients BCAA
10g Bulk nutrients EAA
10g FC's creatine mono

Post WO:
20g BioFlex RecoverX
50g FC's WPI

How do you use yours?

ARP

meatheadio
04-14-2009, 02:52 AM
I use 40g waxi maize from bulk nutrients and 40g WPI from rogers (its a NZ WPI-as with most 'australian' protein) both pre and post workout.
Im a fan of Bioflex, and was lucky enough to have a chat with the owner at the Aussie pro show. He gave me a bunch of his stuff to sample. Most of it was fine, but the recover X was so bitter I couldn't finish it. Have you had this same experience?I hope it was a one off because its a good Aussie company and I'd like to see it do well.

Sledge
04-14-2009, 06:51 AM
during WO:
15g FCs EAA

Post wo
50g FCs WPI
20g 1fast400 BCAA (not australian but next time it will be)
70g FCs Waxy Maize

mdvsony
04-14-2009, 06:16 PM
I haven't used many of "bulk buy" aussie stuff yet, but it's something i'm definitely keen on using once i'm done with my comp.

AussieRugbyPlayer
04-15-2009, 12:10 AM
I use 40g waxi maize from bulk nutrients and 40g WPI from rogers (its a NZ WPI-as with most 'australian' protein) both pre and post workout.
Im a fan of Bioflex, and was lucky enough to have a chat with the owner at the Aussie pro show. He gave me a bunch of his stuff to sample. Most of it was fine, but the recover X was so bitter I couldn't finish it. Have you had this same experience?I hope it was a one off because its a good Aussie company and I'd like to see it do well.

Yeah the first batch of the Strewberry RecoverX I got, tasted terriable. The second batch was much better. I put it in with FC's Choc WPI and it seemed to go well, sought of like a choc/strewberry milk shake.

Yeah I have met the owner a few times and traded the odd e-mail with him. Really nice guy, I can't remember his bloody name right at this minute.

AussieRugbyPlayer
04-15-2009, 12:34 AM
during WO:
15g FCs EAA

Post wo
50g FCs WPI
20g 1fast400 BCAA (not australian but next time it will be)
70g FCs Waxy Maize

I have used 1fast400's own brand gear a few times and found it rather good. Sometimes if it a choice of buying locally, and not being able to support myself or buying from OS and supporting myself during the month. I would have to buy OS. The EAA and BCAAs are expensive here compared to OS. But FC and Bult Nutrients do them at fairly good prices.

Does FC's EAA taste ok?

Taz
04-17-2009, 05:01 AM
Ben Crowley (Bioflex) is his name - top bloke. Great supps, terrific quality without the huge mark ups you get from a lot of the more well known brands.

AussieRugbyPlayer
04-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Ben Crowley (Bioflex) is his name - top bloke. Great supps, terrific quality without the huge mark ups you get from a lot of the more well known brands.

Yeah thats it, Ben. I couldn't remember his name, really nice guy. Actually gives you advice without the bullshit.

Great products

Sledge
04-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Hey ARP do you remember a thread at bollex posted by Marcus or Ben (I think) about the different types of Whey and where it all comes from world wide. It was a great post and I was going to steal it for the beginers section here :) but I can't seem to find it.

AussieRugbyPlayer
04-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Hey ARP do you remember a thread at bollex posted by Marcus or Ben (I think) about the different types of Whey and where it all comes from world wide. It was a great post and I was going to steal it for the beginers section here :) but I can't seem to find it.

Yes sort of mate, but I wouldn't have a clue where it would be though, sorry.

dublin-lifter
05-15-2009, 06:32 AM
as ive said on another tread i plain on movin out to austrlia soon so whats the low down an aussie supps are they pretty much the same as over here or do use have different brands and if so could i possibly get the names of some good protien drinks,pre+post workout drinks
thanks

firefightermac
05-15-2009, 08:55 AM
At the moment:

Pre: 1 scoop Muscle Pharm Assault, 40g glucose
During: 10g EAA's. 20g ALR Chain'd Out (malate BCAA's), 60-80g Waxi-Maize

firefightermac
05-15-2009, 08:57 AM
as ive said on another tread i plain on movin out to austrlia soon so whats the low down an aussie supps are they pretty much the same as over here or do use have different brands and if so could i possibly get the names of some good protien drinks,pre+post workout drinks
thanks

Shoot me a PM when you get here. Ive got all the big brands (ozzie and imported) as well as the budget cheaper stuff. Will give you a run down of whats available and whats good value and whats shite.

dublin-lifter
05-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Shoot me a PM when you get here. Ive got all the big brands (ozzie and imported) as well as the budget cheaper stuff. Will give you a run down of whats available and whats good value and whats shite.
cool thanks man will do

meatheadio
09-07-2009, 09:20 PM
The best supplements in AUS.
WWW.ULTIMATEWHEY.COM.AU (http://www.ultimatewhey.com.au/)
I just stumbled upon this in the last week and have already ordered from them.
They sell WPI,WPC,Casein and a great tasting choc sundae protein blend. Theyve got alotof unflavoured stuff, in big amounts but also have flavor sachets available as well as the usual creatine,glutamine etc. And the best part?
ITS REALLY CHEAP AND GOOD QUALITY!!!
Iv bought alot of protein and this is the best bang for buck in the country.
Check it out!

BudTheBuilder
09-07-2009, 11:16 PM
As far as aussie brands go, I have said this many time's and I always will, Vital Strength is a great brand! Out of every supplement I have used and from diff brands vital strength is far above the rest.

1. Ingredients are great
2. mixes easy and I mean easy! non of that glugy crap
3. Taste is the best taste I have tried with any brand aussie or american
4. The price for the quality is good

Mick
09-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Has anyone had any feedback on international protein? taste? quality?