PDA

View Full Version : Stretching

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-14-2009, 04:40 PM
How much time do you dedicate to it?

MichaelWayne
04-14-2009, 04:43 PM
I will always stretch out shoulders before a workout. During, if the pump is getting really bad. But, I'm a habitual non-stretcher when I'm done.

buster12
04-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Alot of effort. I do extreme stretches after every workout. And minor stretches between each set. Stretching is crucial to the growth process.
Example: Gymnastics athletes almost do nothing but stretching, and they have tremendous upper bodies.

Ninja Loco
04-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Man..... you remember I used to stretch EVERY morning for an hour....? I dont do that anymore and boy am I feeling it. My ham just wont cope with it right now. Anyways now I just do the HIT extreme stretching after every bodypart.

fitmomma3
04-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Alot of effort. I do extreme stretches after every workout. And minor stretches between each set. Stretching is crucial to the growth process.
Example: Gymnastics athletes almost do nothing but stretching, and they have tremendous upper bodies.extreme stretches really improved my flexibility it doesn't take a lot of time but the improvements are very noticeable... I still wish I could stretch more I have a hard time commiting to it regularly it bores me now.

anthony1992
04-14-2009, 06:42 PM
I strech between each set and after every workout for 10 min

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Man..... you remember I used to stretch EVERY morning for an hour....? I dont do that anymore and boy am I feeling it. My ham just wont cope with it right now. Anyways now I just do the HIT extreme stretching after every bodypart.

Yes, I remember that. For a while, I started stretching in the morning. I found it worked out better for me before bedtime, but I have slowed down on that also :o

The stretching after training feels very good though.

buster12
04-14-2009, 06:47 PM
extreme stretches really improved my flexibility it doesn't take a lot of time but the improvements are very noticeable... I still wish I could stretch more I have a hard time commiting to it regularly it bores me now.
It is very boring... lol. I contantly have to remind myself.:rolleyes:

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Example: Gymnastics athletes almost do nothing but stretching, and they have tremendous upper bodies.

Minor? Such as?

Skeptic
04-14-2009, 06:54 PM
I do dynamic stretching exclusively now. Turns out hyper-mobility is just as bad as low mobility. Who knew? :eek:

buster12
04-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Minor? Such as?
I'll give an example.
Back:
Minor between sets: Grab Stationary object with arms in a bent over position and pull so you feel it in the lats.
After workout Extreme: Grab Pull Up Handles: hold stertched position for as long as possible with body weight ( excrutiatingly painful)

Ninja Loco
04-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Yes, I remember that. For a while, I started stretching in the morning. I found it worked out better for me before bedtime, but I have slowed down on that also :o

The stretching after training feels very good though.
Done at the break of dawn, facing East. There is a special spiritual property at that time.

Did you also do the hour of breathing exercises that followed?

thepump
04-14-2009, 07:11 PM
I stretch between sets, that's about as far as I go.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-14-2009, 07:24 PM
I'll give an example.
Back:
Minor between sets: Grab Stationary object with arms in a bent over position and pull so you feel it in the lats.
After workout Extreme: Grab Pull Up Handles: hold stertched position for as long as possible with body weight ( excrutiatingly painful)

Ah... okay. I have done this before.

Done at the break of dawn, facing East. There is a special spiritual property at that time.

Did you also do the hour of breathing exercises that followed?

No hour of breathing exercises specifically, but during Taijiquan or Xingyiquan, specific breathing focuses were practiced.

Shadow
04-14-2009, 07:31 PM
I do a little bit between sets, and if I'm extremely sore the next day, I'll stretch out whatever bodypart a little bit.

Larry C
04-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Before I had to stop because of an ongoing injury this is what I would do every day: A half hour of dynamic stretches in the morning, another half hour before martial arts training or dynamic stretches for specific bodyparts before lifting weights and then a mix of static and isometric stretches after exercise or before bed. When I'm healed I'll return to this routine again.

Bennny
04-14-2009, 08:57 PM
I don't stretch nearly enough. Quads and hams before leg workout and sometimes between sets. Also stretch quads & hams before doing abs. Stretch chest before working it out and between the first few sets. Shoulders and back a little bit at the beginning of respective workouts.