PDA

View Full Version : Q & A with IFBB MP Pro Matt "Swoll" Christianer

ianlauer
05-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Have a question for IFBB MP Pro Matt "Swoll" Christianer? Ask it here!

jamwithtupac
05-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Hi Matt, welcome to the site, and wow amazing physique, your physique is something most will aspire to have rather than the huge 300lb mr olympia physiques which are impressive but most will not aspire or even get to that stage.....

as a physique competitor do u still train like a standard bodybuilder, 1 bodypart, and do u train legs alll out?

LANCE ADAM
05-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Matt, whats your prep (say a week out) for a photo shoot? (diet details, tan, etc)

mattswoll
05-28-2012, 04:57 PM
First of all thank you! I still use many aspects of BB now for MP. With Legs (which I feel are most important) I still train them like a bodybuilder, hard, and often! I did however switch to one leg squats instead of a regular squat with a ton of weight. I do this because when I use to squat heavy, my waist would get wider, and I love having a tiny waist. Heavy walking lunges are still my favorite! As far as the rest of my physique goes I follow my instincts, I have learned when to lay off certain things and when to focus on certain things. Meaning, its all about proportion and symmetry for me. For example, I hit calves 5-6 days a week, to keep them growing and keep them hard, arms I may only get in once a week, they are my strong part along with my shoulders so to keep symmetry i have had to lay off them.

mattswoll
05-28-2012, 04:57 PM
see below

mattswoll
05-28-2012, 05:02 PM
When i have a shoot set, I am already in shape since I never allow myself to get out of shape, so my prep doesn't change much, I am trying to keep from shocking my body, I like to coast in, you shouldn't be trying to trick your body into looking better. My diet consists of 8 meals a day, talapia and quinoa, or turkey and quinoa, and for breakfast eggs and oats, other than that its fish and complex carb around every 2-2.5 hours. For a show obviously we get sprayed, but for shoots I always use just a cheapie spray tan from Walmart, either banana boat or nuetragena spray on, as long as you take care of your skin in preparation for the spray it has always come out looking great!

Requisite
06-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Are there any other particular exercises that you now avoid? I know you previously mentioned heavy squatting, but just looking to see if I'm on the right track.

When competing for MP, what bf % do you drop down to at most? Would you say that MP is all based upon genetics since aesthetics is the biggest pushing points?

Waylon
06-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Congrats on the cover Matt! I guess winning the first Pro and Am shows ever is kinda a big deal too... Watching you grow (even through the bumps) in this industry since your first bodybuilding contest when we were middle-weights has been a real inspiration and I am glad to be able to say I know you.

So my question, are we going to see you on stage again this year?

http://www.rxmuscle.com/images/banners/SNAZMAbanner.jpg (http://snac.com)

trofys10
06-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Mr. swole first off awesome work and dedication for a physique that you've created! I've competed in 3 comps just recently the Junior Nationals in Chicago, IL. I'm training my A** of and have no problem doing so, but are there any tips are recommendations you might have for a fellow like myself working to earn an IFBB MEN'S PRO PHYSIQUE CARD?

trofys10
06-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Mr. swole first off awesome work and dedication for a physique that you've created! I've competed in 3 comps just recently the Junior Nationals in Chicago, IL. I'm training my A** of and have no problem doing so, but are there any tips are recommendations you might have for a fellow like myself working to earn an IFBB MEN'S PRO PHYSIQUE CARD? thanks in advance for your time!

calpoly
06-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Matt, Do you stay on year round In order to stay that lean?