PDA

View Full Version : ~Curvy Girl~ Moving Forward in 2014! ~

Pages : [1] 2

curvygirl
06-06-2012, 02:03 PM
An Introduction ~

Hi Y’all! My name is Elise (aka “Curvy Girl,” a nickname given to me by guys at my old gym). Well, I finally decided to own it and get my butt up and accountable here on RX Girl! Thank you Gail (the Prodigy) for the encouragement! I am thinking this will be the place I can ask tough questions and get good information from other gals living, breathing, eating, dreaming and doing it in this strong and healthy lifestyle.

A little backstory… 2 years ago May 2010, I was an unhappy 41 year old woman still struggling with obesity since my teen years. And I had had just about enough! The flip switched in my brain and all of sudden I was on a hardcore mission to get it together and get my butt healthy and strong!

Fast forward to a year ago, May 2011. One year on a healthy M.E.P. (modified eating plan. I only use diet when it implies the start & end of a set goal.) and consistently doing a variety of fun and challenging training and exercise, brought me down 40 pounds! “Hey Slim! Looking good!” was a call I often heard across the cardio theater from “Mr. Cool Bodybuilder.” (aka my “Gym Crush!” now known as “Bossman.”) And others were taking notice too, giving me a ton of encouragement and support! I was invited to volunteer and work at a few NPC competitions. I met even more cool people, many with inspirational stories and extremely passionate about bodybuilding. I was catching the fever for sure.

By the end of July 2011 I decided to “give it a try.” That is the quote Bossman recalls. I talked with a lot of people living the lifestyle. I researched diets, supplements and training. I started following NPC shows, various BB forums and joined RX. And then I put my plan together and into gear with my eye originally on Figure…but my secret passion and love was for Physique.

I trained hard. I ate clean. My body changed! By Nov 2011 Bossman said “Slim, you’ve got some great muscle going on there! Physique would be perfect for you.” My heart sang with happiness! Physique it would be!

My first ever contest prep began December 1, 2011, 20 week out, giving me plenty of time to continue the body composition switch and lean out. I really began following WP, gathering posing image, looking for posted posing routines, and practice, practice, practice.

And to my surprise, after a two year break Bossman decided to pull it together and hit the 2012 stage! He said he caught a hold of my enthusiasm and excitement and could not resist. By the end of December 2011 we had become very good friends and training partners. I also refer to him as “Coach” because he was now keeping a close eye on my diet and training and sharing his vast knowledge and experience to guide my prep.

Bossman took the stage first at the NPC Simmons in March 2012. He took Heavy Open and got edged for the Overall. He was happy, but restless. Then it was my turn. By April 2012 I was down a total of 73 pounds and ready to take the stage at the NPC Kalamazoo. With WP still being new, the turnout was very small. But I did what I set out to do…bring a beautiful, well prepped, well-practiced, happy Curvy Girl to the stage! It was a pure celebration of 2 years of hard work, determination and discipline! And to my pure surprise and joy, took Overall. The KZOO was the warm up for the big dance 7 weeks later, the NPC Grand Rapids. And again taken by surprise Bossman decided we should do the show together. And we did! May 19, 2012. I took 1st in Short Class and got edged for the Overall…”too much badunkadunk in my natural athlete trunk!” But Bossman…Smashed It!!! Heavy Masters, Masters Overall, Heavy Open & Overall! What a night! What a way to end my novice season as an NPC WP competitor. I now feel I can say I am a bodybuilder!

So there you have it…a little back story…

I am starting my training journal in my first ever “off-season," 2012 - 2013. It has been almost 3 weeks and honestly it took a couple just to adjust to having a little more freedom. It also took two weeks for me to "calm down" and not try to jump into doing another show this year! Having been training and “dieting” for almost two years I felt lost! BUT a new friend and “Sister in Iron” strongly advised to take the rest, eat and heal. BUT to keep my eye on the prize and my body in striking distance. So the goal right now is to build up some muscle all the way around with emphasis on improving the all mighty gluteus maximus and keep an eye on the weight. My next competition season will be spring 2013, when Bossman and I take the show on the road and try out some competitions outside of Michigan!

Thank you for welcoming me and following me on my journey. I probably won’t post every workout I do…too much on any given day for me and for all of you to follow. Please feel free to give any feedback, constructive criticism, information, ideas, tips, tricks, techniques, etc. you may have to offer. I welcome and love the opportunity to hear and learn from multiple perspectives. Any education has to be well rounded!

All my best to you, my Sisters in Iron! Hoping you are having a great competition season! And if you are off season too, keep on killing it! Peace!
Elise

AVBG
06-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Good on you Elise! I look forward to reading more about the 'curvy girl on the move'

The Prodigy
06-06-2012, 06:32 PM
OMG! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!~ WELCOME ABOARD RX GIRL!!!!!

Post some pics...

Where does a nice Jewish girl find her "bossman"?

AudreyFunk
06-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Welcome sister in Iron from one physique competitor to the other!! I LOVE the "striking distance" phrase, friggin exactly where I want to keep my body after Jr Nationals!!

Sunnyday
06-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Welcome, Elise! Congrats on an awesome novice season! Definitely keep that bod in striking distance, LOL!

curvygirl
06-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Thank you so much for the welcome! I am so happy to be a part of this sisterhood...feel like I found a place that I fit!

Gail ~ Yay! I am an RX Girl! Thank you so much for encouraging me! And girl! If you only knew...The only thing not a convoluted mess in my world over this past year has been being so focused on competing this season. Now that that is done I have to sort the mess…As for Bossman it has taken 20+ years, weird, 1.80 failed marriages, and some seriously funky and funny ass times to find him. I say 1.80 failed because marriage #2 is speeding along at a breakneck pace to failure… BUT it is for the best. If nothing else, it is just sad. Have faith & keep “doing you!” With that banging body, sunny blonde hair and braniac intellect your “bossman” is out there!

I just took a peek at your journal and promise to go back and read in-depth…I am fascinated with your shift from gear to natural, especially because I am new to the sport & intend to stay natural…despite all the challenges that will come with that. It is like we are at opposite ends of the spectrum hoping to meet in the middle…the newbie on one side and the experienced competitor on the other. I warn you ahead of time, I will probably pepper you with questions a plenty! :D

Audrey ~ You “Mother Funkin' Fierce & Fabulous Woman!” I have been following your trials & tribulations on FB. And you have steady been on my mind! I know you have been through the ringer & back! But stay focused mama! 8 days & counting til your big dance! All of us following are pulling really hard for you! I cannot wait to see what the day will bring you! Rock the stage! Much love & peace!

Sunnyday ~ Congrats on training journal of the month! Woot woot! Serious dedication & discipline! And speaking of BF% throwing this question out there…What is the most reliable / accurate way to measure BF%? I did have my original coach doing caliper measurements but that fell to the way side when we kind of fell apart.

Okay y’all! Got my RX fix and gotta get back to work. More to come…

curvygirl
06-07-2012, 02:28 PM
p.s. I am a little lost on the posting of pictures...*scratching head* I went to the FAQ page and it talks about the "user control panel" and the "pictures & albums" link, but I am not finding that link. Could it be because I am still such a newbie (pencilneck...lol)? Help? :)

curvygirl
06-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Ah Hah! Figured out the photo thing! Here are a couple shots of me with Bossman! 2012 NPC Grand Rapids Bodybuilding Championships! :D

Bronwyn
06-08-2012, 03:43 AM
nice story and pics! good luck in new season!

curvygirl
06-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Thank you Bronwyn! You too have an amazing story! I am enjoying reading your various posts. Hope training is going well for you :)

curvygirl
06-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Thursdays tend be Back Day! One of my favorite body parts to train! Now that I am eating a bit more, my
strength is definitely coming back and I am able to lift heavier. I love it! I alternate weeks either starting with
rows or pulls.

Barbell Rows -2 Warm Up Sets x 15 Reps / 3 Working Sets x 12-15 Reps
Hammer Strength Rows - 3 Working Sets x 12 Reps
Dumbbell Rows - 2 Working Sets x 12 Reps, 1 Drop Set x 18 Reps total
Wide Lat Pulldowns - 2 Working Sets x 12 Reps, 1 Drop Set x 24 Reps total
Close Grip Pulldowns - 2 Working Sets x 10 Reps, 1 Drop Set x 14 Reps total

Cardio - 30" Uphill Climb

Attached is a shot of my back from the 2012 NPC G.R. ~ May 2012

The Prodigy
06-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Thursdays tend be Back Day! One of my favorite body parts to train! Now that I am eating a bit more, my
strength is definitely coming back and I am able to lift heavier. I love it! I alternate weeks either starting with
rows or pulls.

Barbell Rows -2 Warm Up Sets x 15 Reps / 3 Working Sets x 12-15 Reps
Hammer Strength Rows - 3 Working Sets x 12 Reps
Dumbbell Rows - 2 Working Sets x 12 Reps, 1 Drop Set x 18 Reps total
Wide Lat Pulldowns - 2 Working Sets x 12 Reps, 1 Drop Set x 24 Reps total
Close Grip Pulldowns - 2 Working Sets x 10 Reps, 1 Drop Set x 14 Reps total

Cardio - 30" Uphill Climb

Attached is a shot of my back from the 2012 NPC G.R. ~ May 2012

I hate dieting cause I lose strength! I love lifting heavy!!!

curvygirl
06-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Sundays are Leg Day! Still shifting from high volume to moving heavier weights. For some reason I love doing lots
of reps... I am def stronger than I think. So plan to work on increasing weight & dropping rep ranges. That being said
if I cannot keep strict form for my reps I will drop back to a weight where I can properly perform the exercise.

Leg Ext/Leg Curl (SS) - 2 Warm-Up Sets x's 15-20 Reps
Leg Press - 6 Sets, wrapped knees for heavier sets - Last set 320# x's 25 Reps.
Hammer Strength Uni Lateral Press - 3 Sets x's 20 - 25 Reps
Romanian Dead Lifts (aka Stiff Leg Deads) - 3 Sets x's 18 Reps
Leg Ext/Leg Curl/Calve Machine (SS) - 3 Sets to burn things out

+X*
Positivity, Patience & Quiet Persistence

chrisotpherm
06-11-2012, 02:04 PM
You look amazing. Good luck in your journey!!!

The Prodigy
06-11-2012, 11:57 PM
That being said if I cannot keep strict form for my reps I will drop back to a weight where I can properly perform the exercise.

This is SOOOO important!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you choosing form over weight!!!!!!!!!!

curvygirl
06-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Still fighting off some weird summer cold nonsense so not feeling 100% these past few days! Ugh! But I keep on moving, cause it makes me feel better.

Friday was a Shoulder Smash & Cardio Circuit Workout:

Shoulder Machine Press ss w/ Rear Delt Machine & Seated Machine Row - 2 Warmup Sets

Seated Military Press (Smith Machine) - 5 Sets ss w/ "3x3s"
A "3x3" is what I call a combined burn out set of side, angled, & front dumbbell raises. I use lighter weight & go for 12-18 reps total. Really get the blood pumping!

Lateral Raises - Drop Sets ss w/ Shoulder Machine Press - 3 - 4 Sets
Seated Front Plate Raises ss w/ Reverse Cable Flyes - 3 - 4 Sets

Booty Challenge Circuit
For a fun switch up twice a week I am do a circuit of exercises targeting a body area that is also high intensity! This month I am kicking my butt with the Red Fox Fitness' Booty Challenge! Red Fox Fitness is run by a good friend & fellow novice physique competitor here in Northern Michigan :) So it is fun showing support to a fellow friend in fitness! Friday's circuit included X Squats, Plio Split Squats, Box Jumps, Plio Skate, Step Ups (x's 20 each), Wall Sits & Spin Bike Hill Climbs & Sprints - 3-4 Circuits with 90 second rest between = 23/32 Minutes.

And Sunday is always a killer LEGZZZZZ day!

Battling with the weird cold thing, I did not push super heavy weight. The Last set of each exercise was at heaviest weight. I put in high volume (more reps) to make the workout really count! :)

Leg Ext ss w/ Seated Leg Curl - 2 Warmup Sets (higher reps/lighter weight)
Leg Press - Wide Stance (focus on glutes) - 6 sets
Hammer V (Hack) - Reverse Wide Stance (focus on glutes) - 4 Sets
Hammer V (Hack) - Narrow Stance - 4 Sets
Leg Ext ss w/ Seated Leg Curl & Seated Calves - 3 Sets

Sunnyday
06-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Great training in spite of the summer cold! Seems several peeps I know are battling that crud. Hope you feel better soon.

Bronwyn
06-20-2012, 03:33 AM
The booty circuit looks nice. I thought also to add circuits for rising the metabolism up and targeting legs more, to be leaner :)

curvygirl
06-20-2012, 05:01 PM
The Booty Challenge has been fun! I hear ya on the leaning out of the legs! I think the goal is to have more of the look of a track "athlete." Someone who runs or sprints....puts the muscle to test. Or a cyclist...I love to dance, cardio kick boxing & spinning. I think all of those activities not only help with burning calories but also with my core as well as my legs. :)

curvygirl
06-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Was just telling Sunnyday that Bossman has decided I have great gluteals! LOL! So no more building in that area coz' baby does not need more "back!"

The area I really need to focus on is the quad "outter sweep." I would love to hear suggestions & exercises y'all have for building up that area. :D

Last nights workout:
Heavy lifting with the first 3 exercises!
Sit-down Squats (Smith / Narrow Stance) - 2 Warm Up Sets; 4 Working Sets with a PR of 2 "solid & strong" Sets @ 225# - 10/12 Reps.
Elevated DB Plié Squats - 3 Sets - 20-25 Reps ss w/ Stationary Lunges
Romanian Deads (aka SLDL) - 4 Sets - 12-15 Reps
Unilateral Leg Press ss w/ Narrow Stance Press ss w/Seated Leg Curl - 4 Sets - Rep Range between 15 - 20 per leg/exercise

20" Spin Bike (alt. between climbing & sprinting) - I am really loving the spin bike again. I even dug out my old padded seat to use.
I plan to take actual classes during my next prep! :D

Peace!

Sunnyday
06-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Nice leg training! Love me narrow stance anything to hit the outer quads. I also love doing leg extensions with toes turned in. Really fun to do them unilateral (yes with toes turned in) as a triple drop to really torch 'em! You will hate me the first time you try them. ;)

darrtiss
06-27-2012, 02:07 AM
Was just telling Sunnyday that Bossman has decided I have great gluteals! LOL! So no more building in that area coz' baby does not need more "back!"

The area I really need to focus on is the quad "outter sweep." I would love to hear suggestions & exercises y'all have for building up that area. :D

Last nights workout:
Heavy lifting with the first 3 exercises!
Sit-down Squats (Smith / Narrow Stance) - 2 Warm Up Sets; 4 Working Sets with a PR of 2 "solid & strong" Sets @ 225# - 10/12 Reps.
Elevated DB Plié Squats - 3 Sets - 20-25 Reps ss w/ Stationary Lunges
Romanian Deads (aka SLDL) - 4 Sets - 12-15 Reps
Unilateral Leg Press ss w/ Narrow Stance Press ss w/Seated Leg Curl - 4 Sets - Rep Range between 15 - 20 per leg/exercise

20" Spin Bike (alt. between climbing & sprinting) - I am really loving the spin bike again. I even dug out my old padded seat to use.
I plan to take actual classes during my next prep! :D

Peace!

That leg workout looks awesome!!! I may have to give it a spin to get my legs in shape for my pro debut!!!
keep it up girl!! you're looking great and killing it in the gym!

xoxo

curvygirl
06-27-2012, 10:22 AM
That leg workout looks awesome!!! I may have to give it a spin to get my legs in shape for my pro debut!!!
keep it up girl!! you're looking great and killing it in the gym!

Thank you so much sweetie! Took a peep at your profile! And talk about looking great! Congrats on becoming a pro!
You are just a "bubbie!" and have a great career ahead of you! Keep me posted on your first pro show, when, where, etc...
You should keep a journal here! Lots of great ladies giving awesome support to each other :D

Here's to a great summer!

curvygirl
06-27-2012, 10:23 AM
You look amazing. Good luck in your journey!!!

Thank you so much tester! :D

curvygirl
06-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Wednesday is Chest Day...and I have to admit, is my least favorite body part to train...sigh...
I cannot really say why...But I recognize for a full, well rounded physique, the chest must get some "play!" So I keep pushing it.

Hammer Strength Wide - 2 Warm Up Sets - 15-18 Reps / 3 Working Sets - Max weight 90#
Hammer Strength Incline - 3 Working Sets - PR of 65# for 12 Reps solid! :)

Flat Bench DB Press - 3 Working Sets - 12 - 15 Reps. Max weight 50#
Just like Sunnyday mentioned, it's the "launch" of heavy dumbbells on chest & shoulder presses that trouble me most.
Once I get the weight up & in place I am good to go!

Seated Machine Press - 3 Working Drop Sets - 22-25 Reps total
Seated Free Motion Pec Deck - 3 Working Sets - 12- 15 Reps

Cardio for 35" Spin Bike

PFEPerformance
06-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Just poppin in to say HI and following along! Looking Good Mama!!

curvygirl
06-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Hiya Lorrie :D
Thank you so much! Gonna post on your physique posing thread! x0x0x

fitty_vent
06-27-2012, 01:59 PM
I love your enthusiasm, spark and passion! It comes out in your writing so well! Keep up the good work... what an inspirational story you have! Enjoy the improvement-season (I don't think it's really an "off-season!) - train hard, stay consistent and you WILL see some great results! Looking forward to reading more about your journey. Are you from Grand Rapids? I grew up there and still have family there!!

darrtiss
06-27-2012, 04:12 PM
well thank you girl!! and yes i may have to start one up!! =)
and yes i am a youngin! haha i'll definitely think about starting one and keeping guys posted!

just started a blog for Rx Girl in the athlete journals!! give it a look if you'd like!

curvygirl
06-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Darrian!

I was just trying to message you. LOL! Thank you so much for posting feed back on my training thread. I was seriously trying to figure out where & when you got your pro card! Because you looked so familiar...Then it came to me! Not only did you get your pro card but you were Fitness Overall at Jr. Nats! That is awesome! Aaron Singerman thinks you are the bee's knees! He talked about you alot on either Heavy Muscle Radio or Access Bodybuilding. He & Palumbo loved your routine! Saying it was on par with Okasana G! That is impressive to be compared to many feel will be the next Fitness Olympia! So big ups and congrats again! Keep on killing it! I will be excited to hear what comes next for you and wish you nothing but continuing success!

Peace,
Elise :D

darrtiss
06-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Darrian!

I was just trying to message you. LOL! Thank you so much for posting feed back on my training thread. I was seriously trying to figure out where & when you got your pro card! Because you looked so familiar...Then it came to me! Not only did you get your pro card but you were Fitness Overall at Jr. Nats! That is awesome! Aaron Singerman thinks you are the bee's knees! He talked about you alot on either Heavy Muscle Radio or Access Bodybuilding. He & Palumbo loved your routine! Saying it was on par with Okasana G! That is impressive to be compared to many feel will be the next Fitness Olympia! So big ups and congrats again! Keep on killing it! I will be excited to hear what comes next for you and wish you nothing but continuing success!

Peace,
Elise :D

that you SOOO much for those kind words!! they mean so much to me! this whole journey is throwing me for a whirlwind in a great way!!!

i'm still super new to the all the RX muscle stuff so bear with me as i try figuring it all out!!

But sincerely, Thank you!
xoxo

Sunnyday
06-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Hey Darrian, send Gail (the Prodigy) a message and she will change your title from "pencilneck" to "IFBB Pro". :)

darrtiss
06-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Hey Darrian, send Gail (the Prodigy) a message and she will change your title from "pencilneck" to "IFBB Pro". :)

Thanks girl!!! =)

curvygirl
07-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Sunday Leg Day ~

Had an awesome leg workout yesterday! Going for volume!

Leg Ext ss w/ Seated Leg Curl - 3 Warm-up Sets - 20 - 25 reps

Leg Press Machine - 6 sets w/ PR on last set @ 360# - 25 Reps
We do not have the standard 45 degree sled/plate load style machine /:
But the machine press is actually quite nice, with a padded seat with low back protection.
It also has a large footplate so you can do high, low, wide & narrow stance foot placements.
The biggest difference is you push away/against the footplate to lift the weight (basically starting a rep
"in the hole.") So for heavier weight Bossman assists me out of the hole to get a set going.

Hammer Strength Unilateral Leg Press ss w/ Isolated Barbell RDL (really focusing on glute/ham tie in) - 3 Sets - 20 - 28 Reps

Hammer Strength V-Squat - 3 Sets - 25 - 30 Reps

Burn Out Super Sets – Seated Calf w/Leg Ext w/ Seated Leg Curl – 3 Sets - Reps 35- 50 Calves/ 15 Ext/Curl

Bronwyn
07-03-2012, 03:21 AM
Congrats on the PR in training. BTW: I read what you wrote in Audreys log, 10 lbs gain for offseason is great I think. I usually gain 20-25 lbs and that is the "pain in the youknowwhere" :) I think the nice offseason gain is 14 lbs above the competition weight. ;)

curvygirl
07-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Congrats on the PR in training. BTW: I read what you wrote in Audreys log, 10 lbs gain for offseason is great I think. I usually gain 20-25 lbs and that is the "pain in the youknowwhere" :) I think the nice offseason gain is 14 lbs above the competition weight. ;)

Thank you Lada! Yes...the gain is right in the "youknowhere" but also with the "girls" ;) ~ A certain gentleman is happy with the gain, cause it makes me soft & cuddly again.

I agree! I'd like to stay with this weight, that way the next time I cut it is not a big a** struggle to lost it. And hopefully it will be enough to add a little more muscle for next season.

I keep hearing Gail (the Prodigy) & Kris Murrell's words in my head...something like..."You have to live with yourself for the other 8-9 months you are not in competition prep mode! So make sure you are happy and healthy...find that balance...etc."

So that being said...I actually skipped the physical gym last night for an outdoor Zumba class in 95 degree sun & heat! :D Talk about hotter than Hades cardio!!!...It was awesome!

Before I decided to compete at the end of last summer, I used to take all kinds of group cardio & fitness classes...like Zumba, Body Jam (another dance class), & Turbo Kick (kickboxing). Fun, energetic, and social. I have really missed taking those classes and working out with other people. As a bodybuilder I spend a lot...almost too much time on my own and stuck in my head...So to reestablish some balance and real joy i n my "off-season," I will be heading back to those classes at least a couple times a week! The picture below is my friend Kate, who is imho the best instructors in G.R.

Tonight however I am back at it with Bossman! Chest & cardio. I will try to remember to take some pics! Hope everyone has a Happy 4th of July If our weather holds it will be another beach day escape for me! :D...after early morning leg training of course!

Peace!

Hot, sweaty, happy dancing Curvy Girl! A 2 bottle of aqua session!

AudreyFunk
07-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Sunday Leg Day ~

Had an awesome leg workout yesterday! Going for volume!

Leg Ext ss w/ Seated Leg Curl - 3 Warm-up Sets - 20 - 25 reps

Leg Press Machine - 6 sets w/ PR on last set @ 360# - 25 Reps
We do not have the standard 45 degree sled/plate load style machine /:
But the machine press is actually quite nice, with a padded seat with low back protection.
It also has a large footplate so you can do high, low, wide & narrow stance foot placements.
The biggest difference is you push away/against the footplate to lift the weight (basically starting a rep
"in the hole.") So for heavier weight Bossman assists me out of the hole to get a set going.

Hammer Strength Unilateral Leg Press ss w/ Isolated Barbell RDL (really focusing on glute/ham tie in) - 3 Sets - 20 - 28 Reps

Hammer Strength V-Squat - 3 Sets - 25 - 30 Reps

Burn Out Super Sets – Seated Calf w/Leg Ext w/ Seated Leg Curl – 3 Sets - Reps 35- 50 Calves/ 15 Ext/Curl

Every try putting your toes up on 5lb plates on the ground when doing RDL? Torches the insertions!!!

PFEPerformance
07-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Thank you Lada! Yes...the gain is right in the "youknowhere" but also with the "girls" ;) ~ A certain gentleman is happy with the gain, cause it makes me soft & cuddly again.

I agree! I'd like to stay with this weight, that way the next time I cut it is not a big a** struggle to lost it. And hopefully it will be enough to add a little more muscle for next season.

I keep hearing Gail (the Prodigy) & Kris Murrell's words in my head...something like..."You have to live with yourself for the other 8-9 months you are not in competition prep mode! So make sure you are happy and healthy...find that balance...etc."

So that being said...I actually skipped the physical gym last night for an outdoor Zumba class in 95 degree sun & heat! :D Talk about hotter than Hades cardio!!!...It was awesome!

Before I decided to compete at the end of last summer, I used to take all kinds of group cardio & fitness classes...like Zumba, Body Jam (another dance class), & Turbo Kick (kickboxing). Fun, energetic, and social. I have really missed taking those classes and working out with other people. As a bodybuilder I spend a lot...almost too much time on my own and stuck in my head...So to reestablish some balance and real joy i n my "off-season," I will be heading back to those classes at least a couple times a week! The picture below is my friend Kate, who is imho the best instructors in G.R.

Tonight however I am back at it with Bossman! Chest & cardio. I will try to remember to take some pics! Hope everyone has a Happy 4th of July If our weather holds it will be another beach day escape for me! :D...after early morning leg training of course!

Peace!

Hot, sweaty, happy dancing Curvy Girl! A 2 bottle of aqua session!

LOVE the pic! What is it about those cardio sessions that are all ramped up and leave you DRENCHED that are so Fantastic??!! LOVE EM!! You walk away just feeling so super charged!!

Happy Fourth! Have a good one mama!

curvygirl
07-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Our heatwave of 100 degree plus weather continued today! I sought respite in the air-conditioned chamber of iron & had a pretty good workout! :)

Shoulder Press - Smith Machine - 2 Warmup Sets, 4 Working Sets -PR* 2 Sets 155# - 12 Reps
DB Shoulder Press - 4 Sets - 15-18 Reps
DB Lateral Raises - 3 Sets
Rear Delt Machine - 4 Sets
High Cable Rope Row - 3 Sets

Curvy Girl & the StairMill have decided to begin a long term love/hate cardio affair :) ~ 30 minutes

curvygirl
07-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Meh! Yeah! I'm feeling meh! And a little "fluffy." Then again with everything else going on I've been under quite a bit of stress. It's any wonder I feel meh and have been eating too much! I'm thankful I recognize this. So it's time to tighten up the eating plan and I am sure I will feel much better for it!

I usually hit my legs twice a week, Sundays & Wednesdays. This week I will train my legs again tonight, a day sooner than usual. This is what we do to accommodate the Bossman! Gonna be careful though coz' I'm still a tad sore from Sunday!

Below was Sunday's volume workout with the usual suspects!:

Leg Ext/ Seated Leg Curls - 3 Sets Each - High Reps / Warm-Up
Leg Press - 6 Sets - Pushed for a PR* on last set -380# - 30 Reps - I felt nauseous after this but stoked! :D
Hammer V-Squat - 4 Sets - High Reps (+25)
Hammer Uni Lateral Leg Press - 3 Sets - High Reps (+30)
Burn Out Sets - Leg Ext/ Seated Leg Curl/ Calves

Tonight I plan to keep it simple with some 3 Way Squats (standard, sit-down & wide stance/plie), Romanian Deads, & a mixture of lunges. And of course some cardio...gotta keep the fluff under control!

What is it about those cardio sessions that are all ramped up and leave you DRENCHED that are so Fantastic??!! LOVE EM!
I love them too! Lots of fun! And I love being around other people. I think it is motivating and we feed off of each other's energy. I always work harder!
Missed my Monday class...so I will be back at it on Friday :D

Sunnyday
07-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Every try putting your toes up on 5lb plates on the ground when doing RDL? Torches the insertions!!!

I put my toes up on blocks. Audrey's right...torches the insertions somethin' fierce!

Bronwyn
07-11-2012, 04:15 AM
Nice trainings for legs - you are hitting your lower body pretty hard I see :)

curvygirl
07-11-2012, 11:33 AM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/images/Future/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by AudreyFunk http://forums.rxmuscle.com/images/Future/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?p=1684501#post1684501)
I put my toes up on blocks. Audrey's right...torches the insertions somethin' fierce!

I have not tried the plate elevation, but I surely will! RDL are one of my absolute favorites because I feel it hits the hams/glute tie in everytime!
And I mos def FEEL it a couple days later! :D

Nice trainings for legs - you are hitting your lower body pretty hard I see :)

Thank you Lada :) I just responded to your most recent post. Some of what Lorrie wrote to you really resonated with me. You will see I ended up skipping out on the gym last night. Too much personal stuff overwhelming me right now! But I am finding solace here, knowing we are ALL going through stuff. It's just life and the cycles that carry us through it. So after some rest and a little bit of "forum therapy" this morning I can settle down & focus on some work...and hit the gym later this evening for a chest workout & some cardio. All we can do is take things one day at a time.

PFEPerformance
07-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Life - Life - Life ! Sorry you are hitting some obstacles and challenges as well! Hitting the "pause" button is at times completely necessary to allow our spirits to rest and re-charge right along with our bodies! I'd venture to say every darn one of us gals have had those moments that you don't want to get into your training clothes and drive to the gym much less walk in to the dang place........... or the moments you MAKE yourself go and just have a sucky workout because your head is just not in it or even more so - your head is stuck somewhere else!! Give yourself permission to be HUMAN and process what you need to process in OR out of the gym..... via allowing yourself to breathe and be still.

We as competitors drive ourselves very hard on many levels and sometimes giving the finger to discipline feels good! LOL

Find your focus and when you go to the gym tonight - allow it to be your therapy - get ticked, get focussed, and allow yourself to work things through via the clanking plates and sweat dripping off of you! Envision that sweat being your stress and troubles melting out of you and leave it on the gym floor! The inner strength it takes to commit to this lifestyle carries forward and outward to all aspects of our lives and you will find mental and emotional strength and endurance to assist you with lifes challenges and obstacles but we have to get out of our own way at times to let it happen!

BREATHE - BREATHE - BREATHE!!

HUGE HUG!

michelle beck
07-11-2012, 08:18 PM
I just wanted to pop in and say hello. :) I am trying to catch up on how everyone is doing. I am sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch right now. Try to stay positive by thinking about all of the great things in your life you have to be grateful for. Keep pushing forward and this too shall pass.

Bronwyn
07-16-2012, 03:50 AM
Thank you Lada :) I just responded to your most recent post. Some of what Lorrie wrote to you really resonated with me. You will see I ended up skipping out on the gym last night. Too much personal stuff overwhelming me right now! But I am finding solace here, knowing we are ALL going through stuff. It's just life and the cycles that carry us through it. So after some rest and a little bit of "forum therapy" this morning I can settle down & focus on some work...and hit the gym later this evening for a chest workout & some cardio. All we can do is take things one day at a time.

I hope you will overcome that soon as well. So have a great training and clean your head there....

Sunnyday
07-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Sending you cyber hugs, sweetie! ;)

PFEPerformance
07-19-2012, 01:31 PM
You've been MIA girl - where are ya? Hope all is well - Thinking of ya!!

Big HUG!!

curvygirl
07-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Hi to all of you fabulous ladies! Thank you for keeping an eye out for me.

Unfortunately, the past two weeks has been fraught with all kinds of stressful life stuff...

My maternal Grandmother suddenly passed away on July 12th
my mother who is mentally and physically unwell (in a nursing home now, thank god!) decided to wreak havoc on me with all kinds of irrational behavior and activities
I made my final move out of my house, officially separating from my husband.

So my 8 day "staycation" last week was essentially spent putting out mother's fires and sorting, dekrappifying, packing, cleaning, moving & unpacking my life...repeats x's 10...LOL! And I am still not done! I honestly did not get one moment of peace, quiet or pampering for myself. SIGH...

On the flip side I am very happy to be back at work and getting back into a regular schedule...Without it my eating & training is kinkywampus and I do not like it!
So I am back on track and hoping things will settle in the coming days.

Another way to feel better about all the kraap in my life has been to shift a little attention to what I want to do next season (2013).
I discovered the UFE (United Fitness Events) (http://ufeshows.com/) and really like the look of their organization & events. Out of Canada and all "natty"
they started producing competitions here in the US last year. There looks to be (3) competitions next year, close enough to consider.
Buffalo, NY in April, Chicago in June and Detroit area in September.

I did manage to get in a good leg training this past Sunday...enough so I can still feel it today :D
However I am feeling too "fluffy" with my weight gain and I don't like it! So I have tightened up my diet & increased my cardio.
I'd like to come down between 2 - 4 pounds. It will make me feel better all the way around. Day at a time...

La-La-La-LEGZ!

Leg Ext / Seated Leg Curl - 2 Warm Up Sets
Leg Press - 1 Warm Up - 6 Working Sets - Max 360#
Smith Squats - 1 Warm Up - 5 Working Sets - Max 205#
Hammer Unilateral Press - 3 High Volume/Hi Rep Sets
Body-weight Hypers ss w/ Roman Chair Knee/Leg Raises & Hanging Knee Raises - 3 Sets
Cardio - 45" Uphill Climbing - There is an awesome set of treadmills at my gym that have crazy incline settings! I love it!

PFEPerformance
07-24-2012, 01:08 PM
There you are!! LOL Welcome back and SORRY your time off was not filled with R & R !!! "Life" - sometimes seem to paint a bullseye on our hind ends and everyone gets a shot!

So sorry your Grandmother passed away! Add in all the other things you mentioned........... ROUGH !! Hang in there girl!

Take care of yourself!!! Life stress and responsibilities often times puts our own self care on the back burner!

Hang in there - glad you're back and ok!

Bronwyn
07-25-2012, 04:48 AM
Welcome back girl! Great you are over that all - sometimes all in our life just turn upside down right?

AudreyFunk
07-25-2012, 01:01 PM
I want to send you like the biggest hug!!!! I am so sorry you have all that outside chaos! Friggin right on and kudos to you for sticking with your training and making new goals!!! That is awesome! Expect a bright side and it will come the other stuff may come but it goes too, drive and personality and spirit are forever and you have that in abundance I see!!! I will keep you in my prayers.

curvygirl
08-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Hey all!

Thank you again for the supportive comments, thoughts & prayers...

Unfortunately the hits keep on coming!
While I feel like I am floating in an ocean with no sight of the shore to swim too...I am still getting up in the morning
and pushing forward. There is no other option for me! Relationships will always come and go. I refuse to give up! I refuse to
give up on love. I refuse to give up on finding peace and happiness.

Until hit #101 I had a few good training days with increased cardio and a tightened diet. And this week I managed to get in a good chest workout on Tuesday...
with some PR's! I may not feel that great emotionally but I know I am one strong ass woman!

Plate Loaded Hammer Wide - 2 Warm UP Sets, (4) Working Sets, PR* 100# - 12 reps
Plate Loaded Hammer Incline - 3 Working Sets, PR* 65# - 11 reps
Flat Bench Dumbbell Press - 4 Working Sets, Max weight 55# - 12 reps
Reverse Cable Flyes ss Tricep Pressdown - 4 Working/Burn Out Sets
45" Mixed Cardio

Not sure if I will make it to gym tonight. I visited with my therapist before going into work and feel absolutely drained.
Think I may listen to my body and take the night to rest...maybe give myself a mani/pedi...it's the little things that
make us feel better.

I know we all get up daily to fight our own battles. Thank you for giving and sharing with me...I know I am not alone.
Love you all much! Keep on killing it!

The Prodigy
08-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Hi to all of you fabulous ladies! Thank you for keeping an eye out for me.

Unfortunately, the past two weeks has been fraught with all kinds of stressful life stuff...

My maternal Grandmother suddenly passed away on July 12th
my mother who is mentally and physically unwell (in a nursing home now, thank god!) decided to wreak havoc on me with all kinds of irrational behavior and activities
I made my final move out of my house, officially separating from my husband.

So my 8 day "staycation" last week was essentially spent putting out mother's fires and sorting, dekrappifying, packing, cleaning, moving & unpacking my life...repeats x's 10...LOL! And I am still not done! I honestly did not get one moment of peace, quiet or pampering for myself. SIGH...

On the flip side I am very happy to be back at work and getting back into a regular schedule...Without it my eating & training is kinkywampus and I do not like it!
So I am back on track and hoping things will settle in the coming days.

Another way to feel better about all the kraap in my life has been to shift a little attention to what I want to do next season (2013).
I discovered the UFE (United Fitness Events) (http://ufeshows.com/) and really like the look of their organization & events. Out of Canada and all "natty"
they started producing competitions here in the US last year. There looks to be (3) competitions next year, close enough to consider.
Buffalo, NY in April, Chicago in June and Detroit area in September.

I did manage to get in a good leg training this past Sunday...enough so I can still feel it today :D
However I am feeling too "fluffy" with my weight gain and I don't like it! So I have tightened up my diet & increased my cardio.
I'd like to come down between 2 - 4 pounds. It will make me feel better all the way around. Day at a time...

La-La-La-LEGZ!

Leg Ext / Seated Leg Curl - 2 Warm Up Sets
Leg Press - 1 Warm Up - 6 Working Sets - Max 360#
Smith Squats - 1 Warm Up - 5 Working Sets - Max 205#
Hammer Unilateral Press - 3 High Volume/Hi Rep Sets
Body-weight Hypers ss w/ Roman Chair Knee/Leg Raises & Hanging Knee Raises - 3 Sets
Cardio - 45" Uphill Climbing - There is an awesome set of treadmills at my gym that have crazy incline settings! I love it!

WOW! Glad you are back at i! It is times like these when we just have to live day by day...
I like the new Federation! Wish I could compete in it! It seems very together!!

Bronwyn
08-03-2012, 03:26 AM
PRs in the gym while having hard times is great. Mean you are still "in the fight".... Sending you virtual hugs. Sometimes it is not easy to go forward for various reason, but it is one thing why I love this sport. It will learn you both patience and discipline and help you to just get over times like this....

PFEPerformance
08-03-2012, 10:40 AM
prs in the gym while having hard times is great. Mean you are still "in the fight".... Sending you virtual hugs. Sometimes it is not easy to go forward for various reason, but it is one thing why i love this sport. It will learn you both patience and discipline and help you to just get over times like this....

x 10!!! Absolutely dead on!!

Huge hug ~ you got this!!

curvygirl
08-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Hi Y'all!

Just a quick check in! Things on the personal front are smoothing out on several levels.
I now have my kitties with me and I am happy to have them...guaranteed warm fuzzy unconditional
love <3! Well...almost unconditional...regular poo scooping and wet food feeding is required for happy puddies!

Things are looking up at work...several projects on the horizon that will refocus my attention and reignite my excitement!
The students come back in under 3 weeks and I love this place when they are all about creating chaos & kinetic energy!

I also set several boundaries in my personal relationship, making it clear my 43 year old self will not be changing for anyone! Compromise
is always a part of a twosome, but I am who I am and I love who I am. You fell in love with me for who I am right now...so how is
that now a problem?! Also, in minor matters the relationship is NEVER on the table for discussion! If the problem is serious enough and sincerely cannot
be worked out...well then we question the relationship. We are not immature young people...we are two grown a$$ adults! We need to behave as such!

Speaking of a$$...while I have been feeling like that for a few weeks, I have continued to train. I kicked up my cardio & tightened my eating plan.
I have gotten stronger and keep pushing! And in fact I trained my a$$ mid day today!

Sometimes solutions are staring us in the face and we just do not see them! For example...I overslept this morning and cannot train after work...so I thought I would be missing out...BUT there is a satellite of my gym literally a 30 second walk across the street from my job. SO, instead of taking lunch for "lunch"...I ran across the street, banged out a leg workout, showered and got back to work in 1'15"! Hah! Take that! And guess what?!! I had more energy and focus for the afternoon! I will be training more mid day from here on out! What a great solution for contest prep and when I have to train doubles! I can just race across the street and do my cardio or a training session! Woot woot!

Well that's it for now...slowly getting on a road to some personal peace. Hope y'all are doing well, staying strong, staying focused and killing it in the chamber.
Much love & respect! Peace!

Speedy Leg Workout -
The focus for this workout was using good form. Getting deep and going for good contractions/squeezes!
I was also pressed for time, so there was minimal rest between sets.:

Squats Galore (with bench to make sure I got all the way down!) - Mixed Sets w/ Regular, Sit-down (Narrow Stance) & Wide Stance - 2 Warm Up / 4 High Rep/Mod Weight Sets
RDL - 3 Working Sets ss w/ Stationary BW Lunges - 3 Working Sets
Leg Press (Wide Stance) ss w/ Uni Lateral Single Leg Press - 3 High Rep/Mod Weight Sets
Seated Leg Curl - 3 Working Sets

PFEPerformance
08-08-2012, 06:58 PM
SOOOO Glad to hear things are beginning to settle and you are starting to see some light! Kudos on your commitment to SELF and WHO YOU ARE!!! Too many times we compromise on some level who we are, how we think, etc... all in an effort to either keep the peace or make someone else happy........in the end - it is US who pays the price for not being US! GREAT-GREAT mind set ........... hang on tight to it!

Go get em girl ~ you have a chearing section!!

Bronwyn
08-09-2012, 03:20 AM
Hi, great idea with the "lunch training" - I did the same when I had no time for cardio. We had a shower in our job before, so I always re-dressed on the toilet and our job is nearby a lake, so I always run around the lake, than re-dressed to my costume again and worked and I agree - I felt much more refreshed than when sitting on the butt the whole day.
I tried also several trainings in the nerby gym, but it is a little bit far away so that was not possible without extending the lunch time a bit :)

Sunnyday
08-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Awesome turbo-charged training! Glad your life is starting to settle down to a manageable stress level. Keep on keepin' on! :)

curvygirl
08-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Happy Monday Everyone! :)

Glad to hear things are beginning to settle and you are starting to see some light! Kudos on your commitment to SELF and WHO YOU ARE!!!

Thank you Lorrie :) ~ Rule of thumb...Day at a time.

...great idea with the "lunch training"

Hi Lada :) ~ Yes! I will def be slipping more day time sessions. Once the school semester starts there are days where I have to teach later in the evening, sometimes as late at 9 pm. And I so dislike missing training. Luckily my job allows some flexibility. In a way, it is fun to train at different times. Kind of keeps things fresh.

Awesome turbo-charged training!

Hiya Sunny! You have been on my mind these past few days. I hope things are sorting for you. ~

I am waaaaaay too fluffy now! LOL! But I know why...too much calorie surplus, not enough accountability in my journal! I am really learning how much is dependent on diet...also supplements. I have been off all the fat burners and things that were keeping me a bit dryer since June...and boy I am holding it all now...ugh! Seriously dislike! So time to make a change. :D As Sunny says, Time to really make it turbo charged!

I did have great chest & back workouts last week! Making some solid gains in strength. What I am really focusing on now is good form. Getting deep enough into my movements to make it really count. While I may whine at Bossman, I know there will be some real benefits to spot on form!

Had a killer leg workout with my friend Heather yesterday. Sunny, we did your infamous elevated dumbbell squats...and boy does my tush feel it today!

Hope y'all have a great week! Will be sure to check in soon.

Sunnyday
08-13-2012, 01:20 PM
^Absolutely LOOOOOOVVVVVE the pic! Keep killin' it, girl! Cyber hugs!

Bronwyn
08-14-2012, 03:40 AM
Great form :) good idea with the benches... BTW: where is the fluffiness :D

curvygirl
08-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Happy Friday Ladies!

LOL! I guess with the fluff & food there comes a bit more strength. Bossman keeps pushing me & I rise to the challenge! I hit a few more PR’s with this week’s awesome back beatdown! :D ~ Bossman says my “baby” muscle will now start to mature and I will have a new look & new details to my physique next season. I am excited to see what we will uncover when I cut again…Fun pics below!

Barbell Row – 2 Warm-Up Sets, 3 Working Sets
T-Bar Rows – 4 Working Sets – PR* 12 Reps @ 135lbs :D –
We used 45# plates here to work on widening back.
Hammer Unilateral Row – 4 Working Sets – PR* 10 Reps @ 115lbs :D
Wide Lateral Pulldown – 4 Working Sets – PR* 10 Reps @ 140lbs :D
Close Grip Pulldown – 3 Working Sets
Close Grip Seated Row ss/ Straight Arm Pulldown – 3 Working Sets
30” Cardio - Elliptical

PFEPerformance
08-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Wide Lateral Pulldown – 4 Working Sets – PR* 10 Reps @ 140lbs :D

Holy Hell Batman - moving some NICE weight there girl!!! Work it ....work it ....work it!!!!

Love the GRRRRRRR Faces and obvious intensity!!!!! MOVE THAT WEIGHT WOMAN!!! Doing awesome!!!

Sunnyday
08-17-2012, 03:59 PM
^Great stuff! Love the pics! :)

curvygirl
08-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Love the GRRRRRRR Faces and obvious intensity!!!!! MOVE THAT WEIGHT WOMAN!!! Doing awesome!!!
LOL! Ain't I pretty :D That's my "Ggrrrrrr-ow gosh dang it" face!

Oh and let me clarify...just in case. The PR's are just ONE set at my max weight for the exercise...Not that strong yet...LOL!
But bound and determined to get there!

Bronwyn
08-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Never mind it is the one set only PR. Me too :) still a PR :)
BTW great pics of the intensive training... you may feel the intensity trough them :)

curvygirl
08-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Glad y'all like the pics! I was a bit more vigilant with documenting my contest prep, BUT with the psychological challenge and negative feelings about my off season weight gains, I stopped for fear of "looking fat!"

On the flip side I have never had so many people telling me how good I look right now...more so now than when I was 15 pounds lighter & 3 weeks out from a show. :O Wow! Ironic and eye opening. Right now I am the strongest I have ever been in my life...I should be proud of that...no matter that I had to put away my skinny "contest prep" jeans! (They will make a reappearance next year sometime! That is a promise I've made to myself!)

So I pulled out the camera with the purpose of negating my negative body image thoughts and capturing a solid strong Curvy Girl in action! I can tell you I feel so much better about myself after looking at these pictures...I do indeed look solid & strong! And in a way this is motivating to me...to keep lifting heavy, training smart and to eat a bit cleaner...so that I continue to progress.

Keep on killing it ladies! :D

PFEPerformance
08-21-2012, 03:56 PM
rock the shit out of it girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronwyn
08-22-2012, 05:49 AM
Great to see that pics. Keep them posted if you have them :) It is motivating to see training vids/pics of others...

And it is great people appreciatte your look now - so you should believe them.

curvygirl
08-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Happy TGI Friday Ladies!

Well with Bossman’s work schedule all over the place I’ve had to switch up training days. This will continue for the next couple weeks…while he is out of town. No fun when you lose your training partner /: for days on end. But it is a good lesson in getting back to the basics & remembering that I love lifting whether alone or with someone!

I trained chest on Tuesday and rocked a new PR* on Flat Bench DB Press! 10 reps @ 60#s :D Never thought I would see that weight, but it was rock solid once I was “out of the hole!”

I rested Wednesday. TGIF will bring some arms & cardio tonight with a big back beatdown to follow on Sat.

Last night was shoulders, definitely my favorite body part to work! I think because I love how they look now. I have been able to build them and create a pleasing shape. You will see I do multiple exercises that hit them from all angles. Truly believe this is what creates a full rounded cap.

Lateral Raises ss/ DB Upright Row – 2 Warm-Up Sets

TechnoGym Machine Super Set:
Shoulder Press/Upper Back Machine (Rear Delts targeted)/Low Row Machine -
4 Working Sets – Moderate Weight/ 15 Reps per Exercise

EZ Curl Barbell Upright Row ss/Lateral Raises – 4 Working Sets
Front Palm-Up DB Raises ss/Rear Delt Raises – 3 Working Sets
Unilateral Cable Raises ss/ High Rope Row – 3 Working Sets
35” Cardio

Speaking of which I shared this muscle anatomy chart on my FB yesterday & thought y’all would appreciate it too. The caption I put was “a little reflection on the mind-muscle connection!” Sometimes I get so focused on the poundage I am lifting I forget to really “feel” the movements of the exercise, the contraction, the squeeze, etc. So recently, with say my legs I am dropping my weights back down in favor for moderate loads & keeping strict form so I can really make that connection, feel what is happening when I move…I even close my eyes to really focus on feeling versus looking at what I am doing.

Hope y’all have a fun weekend! Bossman & I are gonna take a spin in his super charged Ford Lightening through the Grand Rapids Metro Cruise. We were in Detroit last weekend for the “Dream Cruise,” and got to see soooo many cool cars, trucks…I will post pics soon!

Peace & Brown Rice!

curvygirl
08-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Happy Monday Ladies :)

Uh huh! Back to the daily grind! The upswing is the start of the new school year. I love when the students are back! Makes the college come back to life!

Had a couple great training days, back on Saturday which is unusual...Bossman had to make up a workout.

And of course in our circle Sunday is the universal day for LEGS! Inspired by Lada (Bronwyn) I am going to return to doing some circuit work on my legs for the next few weeks. I am two weeks into trying to shed a couple pounds (for my 44th Bday). For me by keeping on the move and my heart rate up I know I will tighten up and lose a little bit of fat. The other uptick to Bossman being out of town this and next week is that I will get a chance to rework my cardio schedule. I have been lusting after the spin classes offered at my gym early mornings. They have 4 group rides M, T, Th, & Fr at 6:05 AM...so all I need to do is drag my lazy butt out of bed :D

Sunday Legs:
Leg Ext ss/Leg Curl - 2 High Rep Warm Up Sets
Leg Press - 2 Warm Up Sets, 5 Working Sets - Hi Volume/Focus on form!
Elevated Plie DB Squats ss/BW Walking Lunges - 3 Working Sets
Good Mornings ss/Low Box Jumps (ending each rep in deep wide stance squat) - 3 Working Sets
Leg Ext - 4 Working Drop Sets

Thought y'all might appreciate some pics of dishes @ our favorite sushi place. Seems to be no matter where we go, finding a sushi place is the go to for eating. Our favorite is called Sushi Kuni, hands down the best sushi in West Michigan! Bon Appetite!

Sunnyday
08-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the sushi porn. :) My husband is allergic to shellfish and on top of that doesn't like anything raw. Sucks for me because none of my friends in this area like sushi. So seriously, thanks for just getting a look at it. :)

The Prodigy
08-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the sushi porn. :) My husband is allergic to shellfish and on top of that doesn't like anything raw. Sucks for me because none of my friends in this area like sushi. So seriously, thanks for just getting a look at it. :)

Come visit Sunny..we can get sushi! But BEFORE my new diet starts! lol!!

The Prodigy
08-31-2012, 10:15 PM
Congrats on earning the magnificent title of TRAINING JOURNAL OF THE MONTH!

Thank you for all of your ongoing support and commitment to your training journal and all of the RX Girls! We appreciate you SO much!

Cyber Hugs!!!!!!

Bronwyn
08-31-2012, 11:35 PM
That sushi looks yummy!

BTW: congrats on being the journal of the month!! It is fully deserved!

Sunnyday
09-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Congrats on JOTM!! :)

PFEPerformance
09-04-2012, 09:50 AM
CONGRATS GIRL ~ WOOT--WOOT!! You've got your CHEERING SECTION rockin a "HELL YEA" to ya!!

curvygirl
09-04-2012, 01:06 PM
OH WOW! What a cool surprise! Thank you for choosing my training journal for September...It's my birth month too! :D
Guess this means I should be sure to post regularly in the coming days!

Well the IFBB North Americans were contested this past weekend and of course I was glued to WPD. It was great to
see both Jill Dearmin & Jill Rudison earn their pro-cards. I have followed many of the first year amateur & pro WPD competitors to see how
they would fair in 2012. We are definitely seeing more muscle which is great for those of us who want to train heavier and with
intensity! And I am starting to feel that bit of excitement because the start of my 2013 season prep is only about 12 weeks away. Not that I
really look forward to the dieting part, but I do look forward to revealing what all my hard work has built "underneath the fluff!" To see what changes
and hopefully improvements I have made :D

Bossman's summer schedule is still all over the place and mine is heading down the road of wonky too, due to the start of the college semester.
So we will be squeezing in training together when we can. The 3 day weekend was no exception and we cranked out arms yesterday :D

Labor Day's Arm Assault

Tricep Press Down ss/ Bicep Cable Curls - 3 Warm Up Sets - Hi Rep/Mod Weight
Close Grip Bench ss/ Straight Bar Bicep Curls - 4 Sets Each - PR* on Close Grip! 10 Reps @ 115#s Woot Woot!
Hammer Strength Preacher Curl - 4 Sets - PR* 10 Reps @ 55#s
Hammer Strength Seated Dip - 4 Sets
Alt. DB Curls ss/ Double Hammer Curls - 3 Sets
Uni Lateral Tricep Press Down - 3 Sets

40" Cardio - Elliptical

Sunnyday
09-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Wow, girl! Congrats on the PR! Real impressive! :)

Bronwyn
09-05-2012, 02:26 PM
nice training - you really bust your ass hard :)
And yes I think Jill is training here in Golds and she is wayyy bigger than girls who won shows I was on. Saying to myself I should NOT downsize that much as I did.... But it is a good sign for the division...

curvygirl
09-05-2012, 03:25 PM
nice training - you really bust your ass hard :)

Awww thank Lada! AND Welcome to the US! Wooo Hoo! So excited to know you are here for a bit! Hope an opportunity comes for us to meet :D

Speaking of busting a$$...LOL Not so much! Took a rest day yesterday & took just a spinning class at lunch time today...slacker...lol!
But I am back to lifting tomorrow - Big Back Thursday with the Bossman! Thank goodness his tush is in town for the rest of the week. No slacking allowed!

On a more thoughtful note, I will be 44 years young this coming Saturday...and I would say this birthday is coming on pretty mellow. After a couple years of drama, upheaval & transitions...I am perfectly okay with that.

I did have a hard time falling asleep last night because my brain was wrapped around re-crafting
a Napoleon Hill quote "What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve." It would not quit until I got it just right for me.
So I will share it with you in the attached image.

Have a fantastic rest of the day! And Keep on Killing it in the Chamber!

PFEPerformance
09-05-2012, 04:00 PM
C'Mere - lemme give you a HUGE hug!!! LOL FANTASTIC re-write!! Saved it for my own referance and "reminder" - hope you don't mind!

Love your TUDE girl!! Hope you have a WONDERFUL Birthday - remember - a year(s) behind you comes with a NEW year ahead of you to build, sculpt, move, transition, BECOME whatever YOU chose it to be - go get em girl - ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!!! THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!

BREATHE IN and EMBRACE the NEW YOU!! We never know how far we can fly until we spread our wings and soar!!

curvygirl
09-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Love your TUDE girl!! Hope you have a WONDERFUL Birthday - remember - a year(s) behind you comes with a NEW year ahead of you to build, sculpt, move, transition, BECOME whatever YOU chose it to be - go get em girl - ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!!! THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!
BREATHE IN and EMBRACE the NEW YOU!! We never know how far we can fly until we spread our wings and soar!!

Lorrie Lorrie! I love your TUDE mama! AND you are looking fantastic in your profile pic! How is that prep going!?
And thank you for the b-day wish & all of your continuing support. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it!

Since I wrested control and cleaned up my eating & added a little more cardio, I am down a couple pounds. And I am feeling really good...dare I say even a little motivated?! LOL! It's funny how just a little shift can go a long way in making a difference. In addition to continuing work on the external, I have been working hard on the internal...Really trying to be aware of when my inner monologue starts getting negative and hard on self. It can be so defeating. As always I say to self, one day at a time because that is what we are given. And each day I will accomplish one needed thing and find one happy moment to call my own.

I Heart Big Back Thursday!

3 Warm Up Sets Pull-Ups (8-10) ~ Arrrrgggh! Since my weight gain this are sooo hard! BUT! I am going to keep at em! Truly they build & create detail!
Wide Grip Pull Down - 1 Warm Up Set, 4 Working Sets - PR* 10 Reps @ 150# I pushed for this & Bossman assisted on the last couple! :D
Close Grip Pull Down - 3 Working Sets
Barbell Row - 1 Warm Up Set, 4 Working Sets
T-Bar Rows - 3 Working Sets - Hit prior PR* of 135#s for 15 solid Reps! I see upping the ante on this one when we start training with rows!
Hammer Strength High Row - 3 Working Sets
Barbell Shrugs (Front & Rear) - 2 Working Sets - Bossman wants to see me bring up my "baby traps" just a little bit to build a well rounded look. A little trap goes a long way in my book!
30" Cardio Elliptical

Today was just cardio! I took a 45" spinning class at lunchtime and killed my legs! My calves are still screaming from Wednesday's class!

Well Ladies! I'm set to have a grand birthday weekend!
Bossman & I are going out of town Saturday. We are going to the UFE Havoc (Natty BB show) in Dearborn, out for a nice dinner & stay at a Sheraton for the night. Sunday we are going to hit up an out of town gym for our Sunday Legs! AND on top of all tha, when we get home Bossman is going to make me dinner Sunday eve. He bought langostino's and promised me a killer pasta dish AND (I so earned this) CHOCOLATE CAKE! :D Yummmmmmm!

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend as well! Keep on killing it in the chamber & I'll catch up with ya next week! :D

PFEPerformance
09-07-2012, 03:10 PM
HAVE FUN CHICA !! Love hard and play HARD!! Sounds like an incredible weekend! I'll sing ya HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON MY WAY TO MY CHECK IN tomorow! LOL I am 6 weeks out tom. and go catch up with my team and Coach for the ole check in - will check my BF and Body comp - make our final drag strip adjustments for the next couple weeks and HIT IT HARDCORE for a FEW MORE!! LOL

Prep is going FANTASTIC - this is the absolute best prep I have had to date and go figure....it's as Physique! Makes me laugh! Thank God I have logged/journalled EVERYTHING and will know what worked this time! I am feeling super aside from a few energy dips during the day and being DEAD DOG tired come bed time! LOL But, to be expected at this stage of the game and I expect my Coach will probably tweak a couple things to assist with the mid day ZZZZZZZZZZZZ's the hit me.

I am STRONGER than ever and lifting some Bad Ass weight that I never thought possible at 6 weeks out! Even hitting some PR's .... This has NEVER happened for me during a prep - usually about now I begin to fizzle out on every level from strength and endurance to at times...gym motivation all together....NONE of that this round! Crossing Fingers - win...lose..or draw - however I place - I can step off that dang stage knowing I came in with ALL I had and gave it MY ALL!

You two have an absolutely wonderful weekend - kill them legs on Sunday - I'll think of ya doin the same when I'm in the Squat Rack! Eat an extra slice of that yummy Choc Cake for me PALEASE!!!!! LOL

HUGE BIRTHDAY HUG CHICA!

Sunnyday
09-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Happy birthday, girl! Sounds like you are all set to have a really fun weekend. Enjoy! You EARNED it!!

Congrats on your PR too...real impressive lifts!

Bronwyn
09-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Happy B-day and hell PR - you are catching me hard girl ! :) I am proud of you hitting it this hard

curvygirl
09-11-2012, 06:51 PM
you are catching me hard girl ! :) I am proud of you hitting it this har
LOL! Thanks Lada! I push here & there when I feel it & back down when I'm not. Regardless I am having a lot of fun testing my limits!
Sounds like you are settling in in Cali! :D

I am STRONGER than ever and lifting some Bad Ass weight that I never thought possible at 6 weeks out! Even hitting some PR's
AWESOME Lorrie! That is exactly how I felt & how things went through my prep. The guess for me was that I was never "no carb!" but consistently "low carb." So my energy stayed pretty even keeled. Also my prep was almost 20 weeks long, so my fat/weight loss was slow enough that I was able to hold onto more of my muscle. It wasn't until the last couple weeks that I really started feeling taxed and tired...I am very excited for you! Cannot wait to hear about your debut in Physique!!!

All Down Hill From Here...
I say this every year after my birthday! lol! Summer is on the down slide and the academic year really gears up now. For me several things get going in addition to teaching & reference work...like my return to singing with the Grand Rapids Women's Chorus :D ~ I sang with them for 2 years and took last season off to focus on the bodybuilding.

After such a complete focus on the external & physical it was/is time to for me to return to also participating and engaging in internal, spiritual, intellectual, & creative activities! Also my student fashion group Bodies of Art will start planning & putting together their spring fashion event. And of course Halloween is coming! I always come up with some crazy over the top makeup & costume. I have to at an Art & Design college! :D

My birthday weekend was fantastic. We did make it to the UFE Havoc show. It had a small turnout but it was fun to be in the audience. They threw out freebies and had a little competition with attendees. I would say to compete in this organization would be purely for fun. Originally I was thinking of competing in Buffalo in April, but it would be more of an adventure to compete in Canada. Bossman will have to get his passport!

Speaking of which he really spoiled me this past weekend! Giving me a certificate to a spa for a mani/pedi & LOL! If you are not familiar with...a copy of the book 50 Shades of Grey! LOL! Wonder where his mind is at?!?! I attached a couple pics of him cooking me that langostino pasta dish he promised. Whoever said muscle bound men cannot cook are crazy! It was the best pasta dish I have had in eons! And last but not least I got my Costco All American Chocolate Birthday Cake! Yummmmmm! They devoured all of it at work on Monday!

Okay. I promise more actual training journal stuff in the coming days! I did train all weekend, with a great shoulder smash last night before chorus & arms & cardio this morning.

Keep on Killing It! Peace & Brown Rice! :D

Bronwyn
09-11-2012, 09:43 PM
That is great you enjoyed it Elise, looks like perfect weekend with the cake and all others things. And yes - competing abroad is always fun :D so why not ;)

PFEPerformance
09-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote: Speaking of which he really spoiled me this past weekend! Giving me a certificate to a spa for a mani/pedi & LOL! If you are not familiar with...a copy of the book 50 Shades of Grey!

Read it and on Book II - If you post any pics with some - ummmmm - "questionable" marks - I will know wassup!! LOL - Rock it girl! AWESOME BD Presents!!

curvygirl
09-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Hahahahaha Lorrie! :D ~ I'm deep in another book right now & also reading the Hunger Games series...so Shades is sitting neglected right now. But I'll be sure to let you know "whas'up!' Hee Hee!

Last night I smashed through some leg circuits & 30" cardio. Man!~ I can still feel my buttocks from Sunday legs. :D
Reason: Training at an out of town gym & playing with a 45 degree leg press! Yeah Baby! Since joining a gym without the sled type press, I was worried that I was not making progress. Well, I disabused myself of that notion when I did a full on 12 plates for 20 reps! Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I am not liking my chunky legs these days, so I'm doing something about it! I am adding back in a second leg day that focuses on circuits. I love circuits! They are fun, keep me moving, keep my heart rate up, & keep me motivated. :D

Circuit One: Leg Press / Body-weight Walking Double Progression Lunges / Seated Leg Curl - 4 Sets
Circuit Two: Hammer Strength Uni Lateral Leg Press / RDLs / Body-weight Stationary Lunges / Body-weight Wide Stance Speed Squats - 3 Sets
Circuit Three: Uni Lateral Leg Press Machine / Leg Extension - 3 Sets

Tonight is Big Back Thursday...on my own cause Bossman is out of town. Looking forward to it!
Peace & Brown Rice!

The Prodigy
09-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Hahahahaha Lorrie! :D ~ I'm deep in another book right now & also reading the Hunger Games series...so Shades is sitting neglected right now. But I'll be sure to let you know "whas'up!' Hee Hee!

Last night I smashed through some leg circuits & 30" cardio. Man!~ I can still feel my buttocks from Sunday legs. :D
Reason: Training at an out of town gym & playing with a 45 degree leg press! Yeah Baby! Since joining a gym without the sled type press, I was worried that I was not making progress. Well, I disabused myself of that notion when I did a full on 12 plates for 20 reps! Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I am not liking my chunky legs these days, so I'm doing something about it! I am adding back in a second leg day that focuses on circuits. I love circuits! They are fun, keep me moving, keep my heart rate up, & keep me motivated. :D

Circuit One: Leg Press / Body-weight Walking Double Progression Lunges / Seated Leg Curl - 4 Sets
Circuit Two: Hammer Strength Uni Lateral Leg Press / RDLs / Body-weight Stationary Lunges / Body-weight Wide Stance Speed Squats - 3 Sets
Circuit Three: Uni Lateral Leg Press Machine / Leg Extension - 3 Sets

Tonight is Big Back Thursday...on my own cause Bossman is out of town. Looking forward to it!
Peace & Brown Rice!

I wish I had more tim to read for fun! Everything I read is for class or educationally based!

curvygirl
09-14-2012, 04:14 PM
It's been a long time since I've done a back workout without Bossman. Spoiled rotten am I!
But it was also nice to bang out my workout with little delay or chat & with a few extra work sets. :D

Back Busting Thursday!
Barbell Rows - 2 Warm Up Sets, 4 Working Sets
T-Bar Rows - Hands down! I love this exercise! 2 Warm Up Sets, 4 Working Sets. PR* 2 Sets, 10 Reps @ 160#s!
Yeah! AND I am feeling it today! :D ~ I had a gym mate snap a pic for him. His text response " Good work Girlie! That's some man weight!"
Hammer Strength Uni Lateral Row - 3 Working Sets
Neutral Grip Wide Lat Pulldown - 4 Working Drop Sets
Standing Narrow Grip Cable Row ss / Straight Arm Pulls - 3 Working Sets
25" StairMill - I was dead tired! Sat in the car chugging my protein drink for 15" before I could get up the energy to drive home! LOL!

I slept very hard last night & I am a bit sore today...but it is a good sore indicating I did the work. I really want to add some "thickness"
to my back. Think I am on my way! :D

Peace & Brown Rice! (Well tonight it will be Jasmine...chuckle)

Sunnyday
09-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Impressive job on the T-bar rows, girl! Congrats on the PR! :)

curvygirl
09-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Happy Monday Ladies!

Hope y’all had a fantastic weekend. In the world according to Elise there is never enough Sunday. I’d vote for an extra 12 hours, to assure getting all those pesky chores done AND still having time to actually rest!

Cushy Tushy
If you have followed along on several journals here you will note recent discussions on post-competition / off-season weight gain or what I entitle my thread “Oh my god! I feel so fat…I look so fat!” As a newbie to competitive bodybuilding competitions, I had a serious struggle at the end of my first competitive season, which bordered on developing a “dysmorphic disorder.” No joke. No kidding. I was living with irrational and negative observations, beliefs about my body size, appearance, and attractiveness. Not good. Recognizing that something was up with me and I was becoming depressed, I immediately sought out therapy. I am a card carrying member of the club who believes in the power of counseling! It has also helped me immensely with this particular life challenge. And I have seemed to come to a resolve and loving acceptance with who I am today.

Okay where was I going with this?!…Ah, yes. My job is offering a wellness program and I completed a biometric screening this past week. Having just gone through the body image issues, I was concerned at what the results were going to be. Maybe not so irrational but I was very surprised at the actual results…that said despite my 20 pound weight gain and return of my “cushy tushy” that I am very healthy! My blood pressure, my resting heart rate, my cholesterol, my waist measurement, body weight, and BMI (although BMI for many of us will never to be an accurate measure because of our ratios of lean muscle to body fat.) were all optimal! HELLO! Wake up call! You are NORMAL! In fact better than because you are HEALTHY! I guess it was my “A-Hah! Moment!” Not sure what else I can say on this…I guess each one of us who had competed come through on the other side with different experiences. For me it really comes down to recognizing, accepting, and loving the curvy healthy woman I am when I am not supernatural stage ready freaky!

We hit chest on Saturday and attached a couple shoulder exercises including Military Presses, Neutral & High Reverse Cable Flyes.
We did legs on Sunday. Again I focused on doing circuits to keep moving.

Leg Press / Weighted Walking Lunges or Double Progression Lunges / Seated Leg Curl – 4 Sets
Hammer Strength V-Squat – 4 Sets
Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Leg Curl / Freemotion Cable Squat (Kind of like dumbbell squats, but with cables the movement is always under tension) – 3 Sets
Uni Lateral Leg Press / Leg Extension / Technogym Seated Calves Machine – 3 Sets

curvygirl
09-17-2012, 03:44 PM
I forget how good I feel after an early morning training sessions. It’s good to switch things up now and again. Today was short & sweet super set shoulders followed by 40” uphill treadmill climbing. Boo Yah!

Dumbbell Shoulder Press / Lateral Raises – 4 Sets
Cable Upright Row / Lateral Raises – 3 Sets
Technogym Upper Back (Rear Delts) / Shoulder Press – 4 Sets
High Reverse Cable Flyes – 3 Sets

The Prodigy
09-18-2012, 12:07 AM
it's been a long time since i've done a back workout without bossman. Spoiled rotten am i!
But it was also nice to bang out my workout with little delay or chat & with a few extra work sets. :d

back busting thursday!
barbell rows - 2 warm up sets, 4 working sets
t-bar rows - hands down! I love this exercise! 2 warm up sets, 4 working sets. pr* 2 sets, 10 reps @ 160#s!
yeah! And i am feeling it today! :d ~ i had a gym mate snap a pic for him. His text response " good work girlie! That's some man weight!"
hammer strength uni lateral row - 3 working sets
neutral grip wide lat pulldown - 4 working drop sets
standing narrow grip cable row ss / straight arm pulls - 3 working sets
25" stairmill - i was dead tired! Sat in the car chugging my protein drink for 15" before i could get up the energy to drive home! Lol!

I slept very hard last night & i am a bit sore today...but it is a good sore indicating i did the work. I really want to add some "thickness"
to my back. Think i am on my way! :d

peace & brown rice! (well tonight it will be jasmine...chuckle)

whooo hooo!! Pr!!!

curvygirl
09-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Another Big Back Training!
I have just about 9 weeks until I start my next prep, so really trying to get in some heavy & intense lifts for every bit of growth I can get.
No new PRs but solid & strong with max weights! :D

Big Back Thursday
Barbell Rows - 1 Warm Up Sets, 4 Working Sets - Max Weight 2 Sets @185# for 10/12 Reps
T-Bar Rows - 1 Warm Up Sets, 4 Working Sets - Max Weight 2 Sets @ 160#s for 10/12 Reps
I plan to drop the weight back down on these for the next few workouts to really focus on quality form.
Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Row - 3 Working Sets
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown - 4 Working Sets - Max Weight 1 Set @140#s 10 Reps/ 1 Drop Set 140#s/100#s 8/10 Reps
Narrow Grip Pulldown - 3 Working Sets

30" StairMill ~ YAY! My gym got 2 New Stairmaster Step Mills with iPod plug in & tv feature! As well as 2 New Freemotion High Incline Treadmills!
So I am actually looking forward to prep cardio next time around :D

Hope y'all have a great weekend!
I am back to singing with the Grand Rapids Women's Chorus and our fall retreat is this weekend.
It is a fun time filled with group rehearsals, sectionals, social time, meals, & the "Talent, No Talent Show!"
So much fun! I think I may share my posing routine from the spring. :D

Peace & Brown Rice!

Pic Below ~ Me & my "cushy tushy" getting in a lunchtime squat smash! :D

Sunnyday
09-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Great stuff going on in here! Enjoy your fun filled weekend! :)

curvygirl
09-24-2012, 01:40 PM
And just like that summer 2012 has past! Gees! Where did the time go?! To everything turn, turn, turn, there is a season, turn turn turn…No complaints here. I love wearing sweaters, dresses, tights & boots.

The weekend flew by as well. The fall retreat with the Grand Rapids Women’s Chorus was great! We did lots & lots of singing to acquaint us with our 2012-2013 repertoire. We also had some meals together and social time, including our “Talent, No Talent Show.” I did share my 2012 posing routine with the group and they loved it! I posted a pic taken by one of the ladies below. :D What can I say. I am part of this fantastic, diverse group of women who are so caring and supportive. I am right back where I belong as far as expanding my intellectual, spiritual & creative soul. I am blessed!

Training Stuff!

Friday was a rest day. Saturday was Chest & Cardio. Sunday was better late than never Legs & Cardio. On tap tonight Arms & Cardio.

Here is Saturday’s Chest & (partial) Delt Workout ~ I have been encouraging Bossman to work back in some exercises he dropped off for various reasons. For example for the past few weeks we have done FST-7 sets of neutral & high reverse cable flyes after shoulder presses. This week he decided to try out incline bench and some rear/lateral raises and was pleased with how he felt.

Hammer Strength Wide Press – 2 Warm Up, 3 Working Sets
Hammer Strength Incline Press ss/ Freemotion Cable Flyes – 3 Working Sets
Incline Bench Press – 1 Warm Up, 3 Working Sets
Smith Seated Shoulder Press – 4 Working Sets
Lateral Raise, Front Raise, Rear Delt – 3 Super Sets (10-12 Reps of each movement)
30” Freemotion Super Incline Climbing

Peace & Sweet Potatoes! :D

curvygirl
09-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Monday Night Arm Assault :D

Straight Bar Curls ss/ Tricep - Cable Pressdown - 3 High Rep Warm Up Sets
Close Grip Bench ss/ Standing Alt DB Curls - 4 Sets
Max Weight Press = 12 Reps @ 105#s
Max Weight DB Curls = 12 Reps @ 30#s - Have not picked up 30s in a while. Feeling stronger! :D
Hammer Dip ss/ DB Hammer Curls - 3 Sets
FST-7 - DB Curls ss/ Tricep - Rope Pressdown - None stop action! 10-14 Reps each set, for a total of 7 sets each exercise.
Had a super pump when done!
30" Step Mill

Peace & Sweet Potato Fries!

curvygirl
09-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Hey Gals!

On my own this week for back training! So chose to train this morning before work. :D

Hammer Strength High Row ss/ Freemotion Cable Dead Lifts - 2 Warm Up, 3 Working Sets
Not being keen on Barbell Deads, I have found the Freemotion machine for cable deads a good alternative. The hand/arm placement is similar to that of a Trap Bar. And in the past few weeks my "baby traps" have grown a little bit :D

Neutral Grip Wide Lat Pulldown - 1 Warm Up, 3 Working Sets, 2 Drop Sets

T-Bar Rows ss/ Straight Arm Pulls - 1 Warm Up, 3 Working Sets, 1 Burn Set (low weight, high rep)

Cardio - 35" Step Mill

Finally got a couple pics of the new Stair Master Step Mills & Freemotion High Incline Tread Mills :D These are going to be essential for my next prep! And last is shot of my new Tokidoki SkullCandy Headphones! I heart new gear!

Peace & Brown Rice!

PFEPerformance
09-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Hey Gals!

On my own this week for back training! So chose to train this morning before work. :D

Hammer Strength High Row ss/ Freemotion Cable Dead Lifts - 2 Warm Up, 3 Working Sets
Not being keen on Barbell Deads, I have found the Freemotion machine for cable deads a good alternative. The hand/arm placement is similar to that of a Trap Bar. And in the past few weeks my "baby traps" have grown a little bit :D

T-Bar Rows ss/ Straight Arm Pulls - 1 Warm Up, 3 Working Sets, 1 Burn Set (low weight, high rep)

Cardio - 35" Step Mill

Finally got a couple pics of the new Stair Master Step Mills & Freemotion High Incline Tread Mills :D These are going to be essential for my next prep! And last is shot of my new Tokidoki SkullCandy Headphones! I heart new gear!

Peace & Brown Rice!

COOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I heart new gear too - just puts some oomph in the ole training - go get em girl - those High Incline Treadmills are the makings for some badazz LEGZ come cut time girl!!! Go get em!!! Keep Rockin it!!

Sunnyday
09-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Awesome job on training, especially back day!! Grow girl, grow! :D Congrats on the new gear, too.

The Prodigy
09-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Hey Gals!

Cardio - 35" Step Mill

Peace & Brown Rice!

BAD ASS!! I dig it!

Bronwyn
09-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Last days you go really good Elise! BTW badass headphones :D
Agree that incline treadmills are great for legs and butt.....

curvygirl
10-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Happy Monday RX Gals! :D
How many had their eyes peeled to the Big O this weekend!?! I sure did! Thank goodness for the live-streaming & replay options on BB.com. I loved being able to watch all the prejudging while doing household chores & cooking. :D ~ I thought Kai Greene was AWESOME! And I was very happy to see Erin Stern win the Figure title again. I really like her physique: long, lean & athletic. Which is ironic cause I am a short solid muscle girl…LOL! Girl crush I guess! I have to say watching the Olympia was inspirational & motivating!

Saturday was Pectoral Pound Day!

Warm Up with Kettlebell Swings

Smith Bench Press – 2 Warm Up Sets, 4 Working Sets with a PR* of 10 Reps @175#s!

Smith Incline Bench Press – 4 Working Sets, Max Weight Set of 10 Reps @155#s. Pretty sure this is a PR too. Although we should probably subtract 45#s from both max weights, because the Smith takes the bar weight out of play. Either way I am happy because I had to train alone & still managed to be motivated to push!

Hammer Strength Incline Press ss/ Freemotion Cable Flyes – 4 Working Sets

40” Cardio - Stairmaster

Sunday brought a Lethal Leg Session

TechnoGym Leg Press ss/ Leg Extension – 2 Warm Up Sets, 4 Working Sets – Got good & deep on the press!

Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Leg Press ss/ RDL Middies (Super Deep with constant tension) – 4 Working Sets w/ PR* 160#s on Hammer. To be honest this was the first time I really challenged myself on this machine. Here in lies the message: “You ARE stronger than you think!”

Hammer Strength Iso Lataral Leg Curl ss/ Freemotion Cable Deadlifts – 3 Working Sets

Technogym Calves Machine ss/ Technogym Adductor Machine – 3 Working Sets

And yes I can definitely feel my legs today! I love that sweet ache because it signals that I did the work & I have some improvements to look forward too! :D

Have a great day, & a great week!

Peace & Green Peas!

curvygirl
10-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Happy Hump Day!

Hard to believe it is October already! The weather is def changing here in Michigan. A little rainy & chilly this morning but up in 70's tomorrow. I'm ready though. I love fall clothing and boots! I am a "Bootaholic!"

Monday = Boulder Shoulder Training
DB Shoulder Press ss/ Lateral Raises - 2 Warm Up, 3 Working Sets
Smith BB Shoulder Press - 1 Warm Up, 4 Working Sets
Technogym Rear Delt Machine - 4 Working Sets - PR* 10 Reps @100#s
DB Front Raises (Palm Up) ss/ Bent Over Rear Delt Raises - 4 Working Sets
Neutral & High Reverse Cable Flyes - 3 Sets Each
Cardio = 20" Freemotion High Incline Treadmill

Tuesday - Building Bis/Tris
10" Walking Lunges on treadmill to warm up = 4 sets @ 40-50 Reps per leg for a total of +/- 160 per leg. Really get the heart rate up!

Standing Alt DB Curls ss/ Tricep Press - 1 Warm Up, 3 Working Sets
Last two DB Curl were drop sets w/ Hammer Curls for burn
Close Grip Bench Press ss/ Straight Bar Curls - 4 Working Sets
Hammer Strength Dip ss/ Hammer Strength Preacher Curl - 3 Working Sets
FST-7 - Bossman's new favorite torture on arm day! - Tricep Press Down ss/ Straight Bar Curls - 7 Non-Stop Sets of Each, 10-15 Reps = BURN!
Cardio = 15" Stairmill, 15" Elliptical

Peace & Brown Rice! :D

curvygirl
10-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Monday…Monday

Hope all you fabulous ladies had a great weekend!

My weekend was very quiet. Bossman was down & out with the flu so I trained chest on my own Sat. Sunday I did the smart thing and took a rest day. I overslept in the morning and felt craap-ass all day, which signaled that I am fighting off whatever Bossman has. I ended up taking it easy & napping the rest of the day. Ironically, today was flu shot day at work. Just a reminder it takes two weeks for the flu shot to be effective. Totally worth having a sore arm for a day, because just about now my students run themselves ragged and illness quickly runs rampant through the college!

Chest/Delts
Incline Bench Press ss/ Freemotion Cable Flyes – 2 Warm Up, 4 Working Sets
Smith Flat Bench Press – 1 Warm Up, 4 Working Sets, PR* 9 Reps @ 185#s
Hammer Strength Incline Press – 3 Working Sets
Lateral Raises ss/ Rear Delt Raises – 3 Working Sets
Cardio 30” Stairmaster, 10” High Incline Treadmill

Erring on the side of caution, I am going to take one more day off, so that I can come back stronger tomorrow. 7 weeks til prep! :D Looking forward to catching up on what y’all have been up too. Have a great week ladies!

Peace & Green Peas!

Sunnyday
10-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Good stuff! Especially the flu shot. I have mine planned and also the rest of the fam right after my show! :) 7 weeks is gonna fly by! Enjoy your final weeks of offseason!

PFEPerformance
10-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Hey there Mama - just stoppin by to spread some love! Hope you DON'T catch the flu!!! Keep on killin it girl!!! Physique BadAss under construction!!! Go get em!!

The Prodigy
10-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Monday…Monday

Hope all you fabulous ladies had a great weekend!

My weekend was very quiet. Bossman was down & out with the flu so I trained chest on my own Sat. Sunday I did the smart thing and took a rest day. I overslept in the morning and felt craap-ass all day, which signaled that I am fighting off whatever Bossman has. I ended up taking it easy & napping the rest of the day. Ironically, today was flu shot day at work. Just a reminder it takes two weeks for the flu shot to be effective. Totally worth having a sore arm for a day, because just about now my students run themselves ragged and illness quickly runs rampant through the college!

Chest/Delts
Incline Bench Press ss/ Freemotion Cable Flyes – 2 Warm Up, 4 Working Sets
Smith Flat Bench Press – 1 Warm Up, 4 Working Sets, PR* 9 Reps @ 185#s
Hammer Strength Incline Press – 3 Working Sets
Lateral Raises ss/ Rear Delt Raises – 3 Working Sets
Cardio 30” Stairmaster, 10” High Incline Treadmill

Erring on the side of caution, I am going to take one more day off, so that I can come back stronger tomorrow. 7 weeks til prep! :D Looking forward to catching up on what y’all have been up too. Have a great week ladies!

Peace & Green Peas!

Good idea to let your body rest! I wish I would do the same! No time to rest it always seems like..then you get sick and wish you had! lol!

Bronwyn
10-16-2012, 01:10 AM
Hi, catching whats new here Elise. Hope you are ok and the flu bug did not catch you. What about rising vitamine D. It really helped me with my repeated tonsilitis :)

curvygirl
10-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Hope you are ok and the flu bug did not catch you.

Ah yup Lada! It did catch me big time and knocked my butt out for 5 days!!! :( This season's bug is pretty nasty and it is the first time I have had the full on flu in about 7 years. I slept for almost two full days...best thing for it. I have been back to training for a couple days now...finally feeling like my whole happy healthy self.

I am so ready! ~ The last NPC Michigan bodybuilding show is this coming Sat, the Westerns. I remember last year right at this time, how excited I was to attend that show. It was right after that show that I committed to training & competing in Spring 2012. ~ Excited as always to go to the show, show some support, and catch up with other bodybuilding peeps...We will all have the same question..."What's next for you? When is your next show?" LOL! ONe year later I am such a different place. A little experience under my belt, a little confidence motivating me and definitely some solid muscle built...I am ready to start again!

Hump Day Legs
Early morning session with leg circuits...Moderate weights, lots of reps! Let the leanout begin!

Smith Bench Squat (3 Ways - Neutral, Wide, & Narrow) ss w/
Stationary Lunges /Step Ups / Speed Squats - 4 Sets

Deep Cable Deads ss/ Deep RDLs / Stationary Lunges - 4 Sets - What I mean by "deep" is that the movement is limited to where I really feel the "contraction," and I keep constant tension.

Uni Lateral Leg Press ss/ Uni Lateral Leg Ext - 3 Sets

Peace & Rice! :D

Bronwyn
10-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Well great you are OK now. I also sleep when I am ill, it is the best thing man may do.
Good luck in starting your prep :)

curvygirl
10-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Happy Friday Ladies!

So I hear a couple of us had some great stage time last weekend! Congrats to Sunnyday & Lorrie (PEEpeformance) for rocking at their competitions! I hope you celebrated in style!

Bossman & I attended the last big qualifier for Michigan, NPC Western to show some support & love to a few peeps we know. Bossman’s men’s physique guy did very well for his first ever competition, placing 2nd in short class. He was very excited and plans to shift to bodybuilding in the coming year.

Below is a picture of me, all "fancylike" with the shining spirit Anna Zaske. She is a wheelchair bodybuilding competitor who lives on the sunny side of life always reaching out to our community with her never ending support. I have received a well-timed cards from her that have lifted my spirits when I needed it most.

On the Playground with the Big Boys! ~ Back

DB Rows – 1 Warm Up, 4 Working Sets – PR* BABY! 2 sets @ 90#s for 6 & 7 Reps! I was feeling very much on & wanted to push my limits. Kind of shocked myself & it was an awesome feeling!

Hammer Strength Row – 3 Working Sets

T-Bar Rows – 2 Working Sets ss/ Barbell Row – 3 Drop Sets

Wide Bar Lat Pulldown – 4 Working Sets

Close Grip Pulldown – 3 Working Sets

Barbell Shrugs – 3 Working Sets

Cardio - 30” Elliptical
p.s. I am feeling A LOT of my back today :D

Have a great weekend ladies!

Peace & Green Peapods!

PFEPerformance
10-26-2012, 01:05 PM
HOLY MOSES girl - show those weights WHO'S THE DIVA IN THE HOUSE!!! Rock it !!!! Those are some fantastic numbers! Thanks for the congrats!! NO looking back - found my fit and based on the training you are posting and numbers you are putting up - U R Gonna Be a force to be reckoned with on the WPD stage!!!! Hell Yea!!!!

Have a fantastic weekend - KEEP ROCKIN IT !!!

HUGE HUG!
Lorrie

PFEPerformance
10-26-2012, 01:10 PM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=134394&d=1351263896

You are gorgeous! LOVE THIS PIC!!! Truly what it's all about! The makeup, hair, posing, lights, tan, judges, etc... are just the "party" - what truly matters is the journey and experiences that drive you there!!

Sunnyday
10-26-2012, 01:26 PM
^x2! Gorgeous pic, girl! And yes, show day is just the "victory lap" for polishing off a successful prep (and offseason). :)

The Prodigy
10-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Your a beast! Keep killin it girl! You now lift more than I do..I better step my game up!

curvygirl
10-30-2012, 12:15 PM
WHO'S THE DIVA IN THE HOUSE!!!

Your a beast! Keep killin it girl!
LOL! Love it!

Thank you Sunny, Lorrie & Gail! Sometimes I do feel "pretty!" And sometimes I feel like a "Beast!" :D

And you all know this off-season started with a bit of a challenge, struggling with negative self-image feelings. Thankfully I was able to work over that hump & now I see the proverbial "light at the start of the next prep tunnel." Hey if this was easy everyone would do it! Right?!? I am very thankful to have this outlet to share, get feedback and to both give & receive support. It has been awesome to follow all of you on your personal journeys.

Monday Shoulder Smash
Technogym Shoulder Press Machine ss/ DB Lat Raises - 1 Warm Up, 3 Working Sets
DB Shoulder Press ss/ DB Front Raises (Palm Up) - 4 Working Sets
DB Lateral Raises - 3 Working Drop Sets
Cable Upright Row ss/ High Rope Row (Rear Delts) - 3 Working Sets
Technogym Low Row Machine ss/ DB Rear Delt Raises - 4 Working Sets
Followed by a few minutes of posing practice ~ Posing is work all unto itself. I think you never stop playing, tweaking, experimenting to find what works and looks best. Then I was off to chorus rehearsal :D

Hope you all have a fantastic week!
Peace & Sauteed Zucchini :D

curvygirl
11-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Hey Ladies! Hope you are all happy, healthy and doing well.

Well, here we are on the eve of the Nationals…with Roxie, Audrey and whole bevy of WP competitors hitting the stage in Atlanta this weekend. I am excited to see how it goes. It also signals the end of the season with the last big pro-qualifying event of the year. Off-season begins for some and for others it is just a few weeks til the start of 2013 prep…the paths may begin and end but the journey is ongoing.

My prep starts the Monday after Thanksgiving, like it did last year…and I am ready. I just got a new Polar heart rate monitor to help me work my cardio more effectively :D You know me and my love of gear! I have kicked up my cardio and have been slowly reigning in my diet…meaning I am saying no more often to treats, so it will be easier to do away with them completely. We still have not selected our shows but are shooting for April 2013, which translates to at least an18 week prep for me…sigh. Slow & steady wins the race…I am enamored with doing a show in North Carolina with a girlfriend who recently moved there and who is also a physique competitor. :D I think I would be at my season peak for that show. Will keep you posted.

Training Stuff!
Nothing super new or awesome to report here…Just consistently training hard every week with small gains and victories. Bossman got me to do some rack deads on back day last week and I shocked myself with a set of 6 Reps @ 315#s! Insane right?!? And believe me I felt it for a few days after! In other news, legs will now get the one-two weekly punch! To start bringing things in there will be more volume and the split is quads focus on one day and hams focus on the second. Oh boy! LOL!

Monday Shoulder Smash~
DB Shoulder Press ss/ Lateral Raises – 1 Warm Up, 3 Working Sets
Straight Bar Upright Row ss/ DB Front Raise (Palm up) – 3 Sets
Lateral Raises Drop Sets ss/ Front Plate Raises – 3 Sets
Technogym Upper Back Machine (Rear Delt) – 4 Sets (last set dropset)
Seated Close Grip Cable Row – 4 Sets
High Rope Cable Row – 4 Sets

Tuesday’s Arm Assault ~
Straight Bar Curls ss/ Tricep Cable Pressdown – 3 Warm-up Sets
Close Grip Bench ss/ Alt DB Curl & Hammer Curl Drop Sets – 4 Sets
Hammer Strength Preacher Curl ss/Tricep Cable Pressdown – 3 Sets
Hammer Strength Dip ss/ Bicep Concentration Curls – 3 Sets
FST-7 – Simultaneous DB Curl ss/ Tricep Cable Pressdown
55” Mixed Cardio – Yup! We are kicking it back up!

Peace & Brown Rice!

arielhumphrey
11-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi! Found your journal, I know I'm slow to figuring it all out. So what show(s) are you training for? WHY oh WHY would you prep over CHRISTMAS! Well, at least you can have thanksgiving ;-)

curvygirl
11-08-2012, 04:18 PM
So what show(s) are you training for? WHY oh WHY would you prep over CHRISTMAS! Well, at least you can have thanksgiving ;-)

Hey Ariel! And I found your's too! You are looking fantastic! Stage Smash Ahead! I hope your rib holds up!

I know, I know...dieting over the holidays...o_O But the reality is as an all "natty" girl & at my age (44 years young) fat loss & loose skin are two very big challenges.

In my first ever off-season, I have put on +20 pounds (since the end of May). I know it will take me at least 16 weeks if not a few more to cut and dial it in tight with no loose skin. Right now I am going to say the weight gain is worth it because I know I have earned some serious muscle. And there it is, just laying beneath my cushy tushy! lol!

Depending on how hard this prep goes, I do plan to reign in my gain next time to a more modest 10-15 pounds.

As for competitions, Bossman is shooting for a couple shows in April. I am really hoping to do a show in North Carolina with a good girlfriend at the end of April. It would be the show that I shoot to "peak" for. :D

Below is my new Polar Heart Rate Monitor. I have already put it to use. Will keep you posted on how it helps me in the coming months.

Peace & Green Peas!

Sunnyday
11-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Congrats on those rack deads! That is awesome!!

I applaud you for starting your prep at this point and backing off on the treats now. I have that same problem with the 40-something loose skin and even though I stay very lean through the offseason it is still hard getting that skin to tighten up. :( If you work hard during the week you will probably be able to keep some clean splurges in over the holidays. I actually prefer that over taking a whole day off to graze.

I also envy you for being able to prep over the winter. It isn't dieting over the holidays that is hard for me but with my kids' school schedules getting mixed up whenever the snow starts to fly here (most Maryland people are deathly afraid of 5 little snowflakes and they shut the whole state down at the mere mention of snow, LOL!) so it is virtually impossible starting my prep any other time than August when we return from our annual family vacation. Sigh.

twainiac
11-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Ive been lurking in your journal...I'm not a big poster, but i just wanted to say you kick ass

curvygirl
11-12-2012, 01:30 PM
How bout those Nationals?!? Another former bodybuilder came down to Physique and won the overall. Wow! And wow again. She looked awesome! Also big up to Audrey Presson for earning her pro card!

And Foxie Roxie…you know we love you! Keep the dream alive mama, cause your time is coming!

Love you Sunny! I’m not sure if I can be envied for dieting over the holidays…mostly it is because Bossman’s work season is from early May to Late October. So in a show of solidarity I have set my competition schedule to his. I totally get the limitations life sets for us. Though things may change come this summer. Bossman is planning to take on the national stage again as a “Grand Master” at most likely the IFBB North American. He nudges and winks at me saying “Come girlie! If your spring season is on…you may want to join me…” Uh…hmmm…well…we’ll just have to see. I will most likely diet with him to give him all the support he needs.

I also confess I am a little nervous, maybe even a little scared about the coming prep…I weighed +125lbs when I took the stage in May and I am now sitting at 148lbs. Easily 8 pounds heavier than last year at this time. I fear as a “natty, not so young” girl I won’t be able to lose the fat again…Maybe we all have these irrational fears as we get ready to start the “game” again? This is only my second time around, so it is all still new. I so dislike that little negative voice…most of the time I am able to shush it. Especially when someone like twainiac posts a super supportive comment like this:
“i just wanted to say you kick ass.” Thank you for that! It totally turned my day around…and deep down inside, I know I can do this again. I have come through far worse than a challenging diet.

Hey! I did something fun on Sunday and actually filmed bits of our leg training. So once I have it edited I will post it to my YouTube & share it with y’all. :D

Have a great week ladies! Whatever your next goal is…take today and make the most of it.

Peace!

Sunnyday
11-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Hey girl! Don't you worry all that fluff will come off in time. Keep those thoughts POSITIVE and focus on what you CAN control....your diet and training. The rest WILL fall into place. If you stress about it even a little that could hinder your progress. My coach taught me to Never, NEVER underestimate the power of stress!!

And x 2 on Twainiac's comment...you DO kick ass! :)

curvygirl
11-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Hey girl! Don't you worry all that fluff will come off in time. Keep those thoughts POSITIVE and focus on what you CAN control....your diet and training.

Thank you Sunny! LOL! Right on point! It's just getting back into the swing of "dieting!" Trying to find the motivation to stay on track...which is not hard when I get the chance to train with another physique gal and see the progress in pics. Everything will come together with hard work, time & patience. Me, patient...hahahahaha! :D

And yes! I did get the chance to train with a fellow physique competitor last night! It was fun to train in a different gym and we got in an awesome back workout! 12 days...

Back Smash
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown - 2 Warm Up, 3 Working Sets
Close Grip Pulldown - 3 Sets
Hammer Strength High Row - 4 Sets
Barbell Row - 4 Sets
DB Row - 3 Sets
Seated Close Grip Cable Row ss/ Straight Arm Pressdown - FST-7
Posing Fun ~ Photo Op Time! :D

Plus I had to include a snap with Bossman! I gave him that shirt last year for Christmas. :D I so love that man! <3

Peace & Brown Rice!

PFEPerformance
11-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Keep Killin it Mama! NO DOUBTS!!! TRUST the process, TRUST your team, and TRUST yourself! "Age" is overrated and overstated! Set your head on your goal and let NOTHING get in your way!!! PUNCH FEAR IN THE FACE and keep on walkin!!!!!

FitnBuf
11-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Great work in this journal!!! Keep killing it!!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! :)

curvygirl
11-26-2012, 12:29 PM
PUNCH FEAR IN THE FACE and keep on walkin!!!!!

Great work in this journal!!! Keep killing it!! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! :)

This is why I love it here! Nothing but support & encouragement when you need it the most! Thank you both!

I do hope everyone had a very nice Thanksgiving holiday! Mine was very quiet. Spent with Bossman & my mom who I got out of the nursing home for the day. Mom met Chris for the first time and it went very well. I did no in store Black Friday shopping. However I did shop a little online. :D

So with the official start to the Holidays comes Day 1 of Prep 2013! Muuuuaaahhhhaaahhahhhh! Oddly enough, I'm quite happy. Ready to get going, tighten up a bit, feel lighter on my feet, dance up a storm putting together my posing routine! It looks like I am 19 weeks out from my first show, April 13th, 2013. The second show I really want to do in Charlotte, NC on April 27th, 2013,

I am also excited because Bossman booked us a vacation to kick off 2013. So 5 weeks into my prep we are flying down to Riviera Maya, Mexico for 7 days. If I stick solid to the plan, I should be looking pretty darn good for the trip! :D The upswing is we are staying at an all inclusive resort, so it will be very easy to make healthy food choices. Plus lots of walking & running on the beach! So it's like I have a "mini-prep" to get ready for the trip and then a "full-on prep" when we get back for the April shows! Unconventional but kind of cool!

Training has been solid since my last posting. Last prep I held onto my strength right up until the last few weeks before my first show. It will be interesting to see what happens this time around.

SUNDAY LEGS!
Technogym Leg Press - 4 High Volume Sets, Neutral & Narrow Stances
Smith Squats - 5 Sets, 18-25 Reps ss/ Box Jumps - 5 Sets, 12 Reps
Cable Deads - 5 Sets, 20 - 25 Reps
2" Leg Press - 3 Sets of as many reps in two minutes (Kind of like FST-7. Forcing blood into the muscle for a serious pump & burn!)

Well ladies! Have a fantabulous week! Wish me luck. The first week of dieting is like a simultaneous purge/cleanse...fun fun fun!

Peace & Brown Rice! :D

PFEPerformance
11-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Well there she is - you have been MIA - was getting worried and ready to come hunt you down! LOL BEST OF LUCK although you don't need it - COMMENCE PREP MODE AND HIT IT WITH BOTH BARRELS AND A STARE THAT WOULD DROP SATON!!

Also - IF by some outside chance you are in need of a towel girl/drink getter/whip cracker/dinner deliverer/etc..etc.... I'd be more than happy to arrange my schedule to accomodate your Prep needs on vaca!! "just saying"!! Things happen and people fall through for these things - GOT YOUR BACK - just hit me up!!! Hee....hee..hee... Sounds FANTASTIC!!!

You will have a LOT of fun pulling your routine together!! It is SOOOOOOOOOO FUN!!

Cheers girl - you got this!!

Bronwyn
11-26-2012, 04:06 PM
All sounds as a great plan. Enjoy the vacation-prep sounds great too. Good way to get used to diet and training.
Welcome in dieting and prep mode. :)

curvygirl
11-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Hey Ladies,

So here we go! A couple training videos to share. :)

While these are fun to do, they are also great tools for evaluating exercise form. I can clearly see when my movement is lacking proper form. The next time around I keep that in mind and make sure I correct what I am doing wrong.

Hope you enjoy them. Let me know what you think.

Peace & Sweet Potatoes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9dirf7iRSs&amp;feature=share&amp;list=PLUSzvSFXGm pTz0YVlj8n45BsgEVNLTOO8

curvygirl
11-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Second Video ~ Chest Training! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPt9gZQikPA&amp;feature=share&amp;list=PLUSzvSFXGm pTz0YVlj8n45BsgEVNLTOO8

Sunnyday
11-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Nice! Way to kill it.

Bronwyn
11-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Cool vids. And yes I do a lot of videos for that purpose too - first to see the form, second to remember what and how I trained in some period of time, as you said above. I have two seasons taped now and it is a great "form" of training diary too ;);)

curvygirl
12-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Hey Ladies!

Happy Monday! Well week one of prep is in the books & overall it went okay.

I am down 3 pounds sitting at 147.6. Not bad for a start, while on a 7 day "cleanse" with no fat-burners/appetite suppressants/thermogenics AND starting my damn cycle on top of it all. Gees! Could it be anymore challenging!?!

I did have a couple tough nights where I was craving all kinds of sweet stuff. But I was able to make it through by prepping a mug of homemade sugar-free cocoa to satisfy the want. Water, 1/4 cup sugar free almond milk, cocoa powder & stevia to sweeten it. :D

I will start a fatburn/thermo/appetite suppressant stack today. Cardio is back in full play with a minimum of 45", 6-7 days. It's time to take advantage of the calorie deficit & start burning off the "cush."

I am feeling encouraged! As long as I have my midday meals prepped & ready to go I tend to be successful with the timing of my meals.

Hope y'all have a great start to the week & I'll post some training soon!

Peace & Spinach (yummmm!)

PFEPerformance
12-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Great Kick off!!! Those first few days always seem to be the worst - get that behind you and you will be in the zone!!!! Keep on Rockin it girl!!!!

The Prodigy
12-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Second Video ~ Chest Training! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPt9gZQikPA&amp;feature=share&amp;list=PLUSzvSFXGm pTz0YVlj8n45BsgEVNLTOO8

LOOOOOVIN the videos! Keep um comin!!!!!!!!!!

TonyElTigre
12-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Wow Curvy Girl congratulations on your success! You've really done a great job
getting to where you are today. I really appreciate all of your efforts and work
thus far and wish you the best of luck in all your upcoming shows! Go Big!

curvygirl
12-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Wow Curvy Girl congratulations on your success! You've really done a great job getting to where you are today...

Thank you so much! This past leg of the journey was a great challenge! Scary, exciting, & fun! I never would have believed how far I came in a short period of time. And now I am really looking forward to what 2013 is going to bring!

LOOOOOVIN the videos! Keep um comin!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Gail! I promise a couple more in the near future. Now that I am in "Prep Mode- 2013" I'm gonna wait a couple weeks so we can see the wondrous freaky effects of a low carb, high protein diet & extra cardio! :D Definitely need to post videos of a full on Back Beatdown & Arm Assault!

Speaking of which... ~ Tuesday Arm Assault:

Tricep Cable Pressdown ss/ Straight Bar Bicep Curl - 3 Warm Up Sets
Close Grip Bench ss/ Alt DB & Simultanous Bicep Curl Drop Set - 4 Working Sets
Hammer Strength Seated Dip ss/ Heavy Straight Bar Curls - 1 Warm Up, 4 Working Sets
FST-7 - Elevated Bicep Cable (Rope) Curl ss/ Cable Tricep Pressdown -
7 sets, 12 - 18 Reps = BURN BABY BURN!

50" Cardio - Stairmaster & Uphill Climb

And now for today's ongoing thought as prep really kicks in:

"Let It Begin!!!!"

Peace! :D

curvygirl
12-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Hi Ladies :D

Seriously where did the fall go and how can Christmas only be 2 weeks away!?! Oi Vay! Well despite the holiday madness descending I’m feeling solid and well on my way into “Prep 2013!”

Time to check in as I start Week 3. Weight as of Monday Dec 10th = 144.6 lbs. Less In + More Out = Success! I am down almost 6 pounds from my start weight. And I am starting to see little changes…flatter tummy, not holding water, a little tightening in my upper body, a little bit more detail showing. And let me say this…all those little things add up to BIG MOTIVATION to keep on going, to keep on pushing!

I am also feeling really spoiled too! Last week, Bossman who is a “Craig’s List” (a.k.a. “crack list!”) junkie, bought a Schwinn elliptical & moved it into our living room! He said, “Here baby! Now you can do morning cardio before work & while on winter break, you do not have to wander out into nasty snowy weather.” Big grin on his face :D How could a physique girl not be moved by this gesture?! Plus he gets to do his cardio at home too! LOL!

I will not lie and say I am not happy that Bossman is giving me Christmas Eve/Day for treats! :D I think we are going to do a killer steak dinner with baked potatoes & garden sink salad! Not clean per se but definitely healthy. However, the one thing I absolutely crave this time of year is COOKIES! So the “cheat” will be the joy of baking and eating some cookies. Hey! There will be Christmas morning cardio for sure…so bring on the cookies…LOL!

Monday Shoulder Smash!

AM Cardio - 45” Ellipitical

PM Lift: Lateral Raises x’s +100 - To pre-exhaust, I ended up doing about 5 drop sets for a total of around 105 reps.

DB Shoulder Press ss/ DB Front Raises (Palm-up) – 4 Sets

Cable Upright Row – 4 Sets

Technogym Seated Rear Delt Row ss/ Technogym Low Row – 4 Sets

FST-7 - High Cable Rope Row ss/ Lateral Raises – For a super pump, burn out! :D

Cardio - 15” Uphill Climb

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season! My whole approach this year to go stress-free, “less is more” and to keep everything easy and simple. So far so good. I have a little shopping left, but it is for fun stuff. And because of my diet all of the excessive baking & cooking that usually accompanies this season is a non-factor.

Peace & Fresh Spinach (Yummmm!)

Monday - Post Shoulder Smash!

PFEPerformance
12-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Lookin good Mama!! Woot - Woot on the wheels in the Living Room!!! "It's AWESOME" to get up on those nasty cold winter days and NOT have to go outside immediately to go get the cardio in!!!

Droppin the pounds and tightening up!!! HOOOOORRRRRAAAWAYYYYY!!!! Oober motivation when you start to see the lines and hard work show itself!!!

Walk past the mirror - "strike a POSE" and blow yourself a big ole kiss - doing awesome!!

HUGE HIGH FIVE!! Keep on Rockin!!

curvygirl
12-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Hey Ladies!

One week til Christmas! :D And just a few days til I have a 3 week break from work! Yipppeeee!

Training & diet seem to be point! I am now in week 4 and down almost 8 pounds. My biggest concern is getting enough protein. Funny enough I was thinking my real struggle would be with low carbs but that is really not an issue right now. Sometimes I do not even want my rice or sweet potato! o_O Weird for sure!

It has been a real pleasure being able to do some early morning cardio at home before work. It really sets up the rest of the day. I am truly awake and ready to go by the time I arrive at work. It also allows me to do a little extra weight training at night as opposed to being glued to a cardio machine. Ya know what they say: every extra rep, every extra step is one step beyond your competition come show day!

For a hot minute there it looked like Bossman and I would only be doing ONE show come spring, but he is really keen on doing a show that has mixed pairs! So cool! But there are only a couple left in the country that has that category! So our first show may be just 15 weeks from now, the NPC Mid-Illinois! And that is no joke!!! Especially because we will be on vacation in Mexico from the 5th-12th. But ya know I really respond well to a good challenge. Will keep you posted.

So below you see some progress pics. The first set since I started prep. I am very encouraged by the growth & changes I have made…but I also see I have a bit of work to do yet…this race is going to be slow & steady.

Okay! Not sure if I will make it on again before Christmas. If I do I promise to post some training journal stuff.

Happy Holidays to all my RX Divas!

xOxOx

PFEPerformance
12-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Lookin good Mama!! Happy Holidays to you, your new life, and your awesome goals!!! We endure the storms to find our own rainbows!!!

Keep Rockin the posing!! The more you do it the more natural it is and you will flow.... Tip on your double bi - when you are in position - simply twist your hands slightly like you are going to wave backwards and pinky is more beside your ear (having trouble describing)...the only thing you are changing is twising at your wrist and bringing your pinky to face your ear..... it will help PEAK your bicep.........try it - you'll see it in the mirror when you nail it!

HUGE CHRISTMAS HUG!!!
NEW YEAR STRAIGHT AHEAD FILLED WITH LIFE, LOVE, GOALS, AND A CONTINUED JOURNEY!

Bronwyn
01-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Hia, missing you girl. How are you.
Hope everything goes OK in your prep.

IslandGirl
01-11-2013, 02:16 AM
Hi there! Peeking in your journal. First time here. I love having a cardio equipment in the home. AM cardio is so much easier now. I just jump out of bed, cup of java and then high tail it with my pj's on. Best cardio ever! lol

Great pics! Hope prep is coming along well!

Sunnyday
01-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Great pics! Been missing you here. Hope all is well. Cyber hugs!

curvygirl
01-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Hi there! Peeking in your journal. First time here. I love having a cardio equipment in the home. AM cardio is so much easier now. I just jump out of bed, cup of java and then high tail it with my pj's on. Best cardio ever! lol Great pics! Hope prep is coming along well!

Great pics! Been missing you here. Hope all is well. Cyber hugs!

Hi Tracy! So cool to say hi to an awesome physique pro! I follow you on FB & over on Sioux Country! :D I do indeed love being able to roll outta bed and onto the machine. I swear I am still half asleep for a good 15 minutes in!

Sunny Sunny Sunny! I been missing you too!

I know, I know…long time no post! To be honest the holiday season despite being quiet & easy, was also kind of busy. Then from Jan 5th – 13th I went on vacation with Bossman to Riviera Maya, Mexico…and it was AWESOME! I came back rested, relaxed, tanned and ready to get going on “Prep 2013 – Phase II!”

So what’s what?! – I am now into week 8 of prep after 8 days of complete down time. Meaning no cardio, no weights! Bossman cut my diet slack while on vacation. So I ate a bit freer and indulged in some tasty libations & desserts. Believe it or not it was quite easy to make healthy choices from the resort buffet. I ate a lot of fish & veggies! BUT I did come back a little “puffy,” holding water. However,since returning to my diet & training Saturday, I have dropped nearly all of the water weight. The body is an amazing organism, always seeking balance.

Bossman & I nixed the Mid-Illinois at the beginning of April, so we could enjoy vacation. We are now slated for the NPC Charlotte Cup on April 27th, 2013! Gack! That puts me at just about 14.5 weeks out from my show. I am nervous, scared, excited for my second go around at competing! The numbers say I have about 15 pounds to shed...the mirror says "Get Your A** to Work!!!" But I am focused on bringing it all together for a successful experience.

I promise to return to posting my training a bit more regularly along with accompanying pics as I get back into my “freaky” mode! Below are a couple start & finish shots of an advanced back exercise originated by John Meadows, called the Meadows Row. They were taken waaay back in week 6. And a couple pics from leg training during week 3. :D

I have missed you all and will catch up on all of your journals in the coming days!

Peas, Rice & Positive Prep!

IslandGirl
01-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Hi Tracy! So cool to say hi to an awesome physique pro! I follow you on FB & over on Sioux Country! :D I do indeed love being able to roll outta bed and onto the machine. I swear I am still half asleep for a good 15 minutes in!

Sunny Sunny Sunny! I been missing you too!

I know, I know…long time no post! To be honest the holiday season despite being quiet & easy, was also kind of busy. Then from Jan 5th – 13th I went on vacation with Bossman to Riviera Maya, Mexico…and it was AWESOME! I came back rested, relaxed, tanned and ready to get going on “Prep 2013 – Phase II!”

So what’s what?! – I am now into week 8 of prep after 8 days of complete down time. Meaning no cardio, no weights! Bossman cut my diet slack while on vacation. So I ate a bit freer and indulged in some tasty libations & desserts. Believe it or not it was quite easy to make healthy choices from the resort buffet. I ate a lot of fish & veggies! BUT I did come back a little “puffy,” holding water. However,since returning to my diet & training Saturday, I have dropped nearly all of the water weight. The body is an amazing organism, always seeking balance.

Bossman & I nixed the Mid-Illinois at the beginning of April, so we could enjoy vacation. We are now slated for the NPC Charlotte Cup on April 27th, 2013! Gack! That puts me at just about 14.5 weeks out from my show. I am nervous, scared, excited for my second go around at competing! The numbers say I have about 15 pounds to shed...the mirror says "Get Your A** to Work!!!" But I am focused on bringing it all together for a successful experience.

I promise to return to posting my training a bit more regularly along with accompanying pics as I get back into my “freaky” mode! Below are a couple start & finish shots of an advanced back exercise originated by John Meadows, called the Meadows Row. They were taken waaay back in week 6. And a couple pics from leg training during week 3. :D

I have missed you all and will catch up on all of your journals in the coming days!

Peas, Rice & Positive Prep!

Awwwwe! You are too sweet. Thank you!

I've taken a break from FB. I deactivated my account about 3 weeks now! O.M.G.! LOL I didn't think I would last this long. I've done 1 week breaks here and there, but never this long! If I have time tonight I may get back on again.

I bet you had a blast in Mexico! Would love to see some pics!

Love the training shots you posted! Beast Mode!

curvygirl
01-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Just had to post this before I sign off for the day!

An awesome quote from John Meadows:

"How I Train Women...I have wrote this many times, but in short, all my women train like animals whether they are doing figure, physique, or bodybuilding. Women are at a hormonal disadvantage when it comes to putting on muscle, and it's harder to accure lean muscle, so why in the heck would you want to burpee and box jump women to death thinking that will make them contest ready and build lean tissue. My women grind with the weights, just like the guys do."

Peace & Green Peas! :D

sce0027
01-17-2013, 08:30 AM
Hey!

You're making some great progress with your physique! Best of luck to you in 2013, looking forward to following along with your journal!

PFEPerformance
01-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Soooooo - YOU DID COME HOME FROM VACA!! LOL Was starting to think you were training on the Beach somewhere and quite content not coming home to WINTER!

Keep on killin it mama - U ROCK!! These next few weeks will be your best yet - head down - laser focus - and show those weights who's the BAD ASS MUSCLE DIVA IN THE HOUSE!

GO GET IT GIRL!!!

mpalleyne
01-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Wonderful Journal girl!! Keep going! Competition will soon be here :)

IslandGirl
01-19-2013, 02:20 AM
Thank you for your sweet message in my journal! Looking forward in chatting it up with you here on Rx. Have a great weekend!

Sunnyday
01-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Love John Meadows. Love his Mountain Dog Training articles. I'll be incorporating some of his leg training stuff in my next training phase. He also wrote a great article about 2 years ago called "The Adrenal Fatigue Cure". Very informative and I have referred several peeps to it.

curvygirl
01-23-2013, 12:32 PM
You're making some great progress with your physique! Best of luck to you in 2013, looking forward to following along with your journal!

Thank you Sierra! :) I will be sure to check out your training journal as well!

Wonderful Journal girl!! Keep going! Competition will soon be here :)
Thank you so much! :)

Love John Meadows. Love his Mountain Dog Training articles. I'll be incorporating some of his leg training stuff in my next training phase.

Hi ya Sunny! Yup! I am def a fan of Meadows. Jamie Pinder who competed in bikini late 2011 became a WP pro at the 2012 Nationals under Starne's diet & John's training. So I am def interested in his protocols & methods. One thing I will say, is I am not a fan of "puking in a bucket" during/after training. So I temper everything I do so as not to over-train and/or get injured.

These next few weeks will be your best yet - head down - laser focus - and show those weights who's the BAD ASS MUSCLE DIVA IN THE HOUSE!

Thank you Lorrie! And ditto to you during your "grow season!" I will be sure to pop over to your journal & see what you are up to! :D

I would have to say just about all the RX gals are "Bad Ass Muscle Divas!"
Okay how bout a training post! Coming up next!

curvygirl
01-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Hey Ladies
Here we are on yet another Hump Day.

Started off the week with a reading from the "square of truth." 139.4lbs. And I am happy with that at 13.5 weeks out. I am also starting to feel & see the changes. Some shrinking, some hardening, veins a poppin'! etc. It's all good for sure!

Legs (Glutes/Hams focus) & cardio are on tap for tonight. Speaking of which here is my leg workout (Quads focus) from Sunday.

12" Incline Treadmill Walk - Warm Up
Technogym Leg Press - 2 Warm Up Sets, 4 High Volume Work Sets
Smith Box Squats ss/ Stationary Lunges - 2 Warm Up Sets, 4 Work Sets
Hammer Leg Curl ss/ Elevated Isolation RDLs - 4 Sets
FST-7 - Leg Extensions (pyramiding weight up) - 7 Sets

I also attached a couple fun pics to share.

The first is what I call "Weapons of Mass Construction!" - My essential tools for training: Polar Heart Rate Monitor, Pro Versa Gripps, Shieck belt, Amino Energy Chews (containing BCAAs), my training journal, & a post work-out shake.

The second pic is of a custom pair of Converse Chucks I ordered a couple days ago. I could not resist! I love fun & unique workout gear and it keeps me motivated. :D They should arrive in a couple weeks...just about the time prep will get more challenging.

The last pic is from last week, post workout. Me thinks there are good changes afoot! I am getting excited about revealing my growth & improvements.

As Always, Wishing Peace!

PFEPerformance
01-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Looky - Looky - Looky - I SEES ME A MUSCLE DIVA WITH SOME DELTOIDS POPPIN UP TO SAY WASSUP!!! Look out peeps - here comes a WP gal on a MISSION!!!

Lookin good girl!!!

Your gear looks almost exactly like mine! LOL - armed and ready for anything that comes our way in the iron room!!

Post up a pic of you in those new Chucks when you get em!!! VERY COOL!!!

HUGE PFE HUG GIRL!!!

Sunnyday
01-23-2013, 07:13 PM
Wowie, girl! Look at you and all the noticeable improvements to your bod! Awesome job!

broadys
01-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Wow poppin delts- so jeal
keep up the good work

IslandGirl
01-23-2013, 09:52 PM
Shit girl! You look bangin! And love the custom XHi chucks! I always wanted to get a pink XHi. Love training in them! I have these Hi pink zebras that I totally love. And just bought low black/silver sparkles.

Here are my pink zebras.

Yanno, Chucks makes you train harder and heavier! :D

sce0027
01-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Hey there! Sending up prayers for a better tomorrow. You definitely have a ton of support here!

IslandGirl
01-27-2013, 01:13 AM
Hope you're having a great weekend!

curvygirl
01-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Yanno, Chucks makes you train harder and heavier! :D
LOL! I am hoping so Tracy! At least I'll look cool giving it my all! :D And yeah mama those pink zebra chucks are faboooooooooo!!!!

Wowie, girl! Look at you and all the noticeable improvements to your bod! Awesome job!

I SEES ME A MUSCLE DIVA WITH SOME DELTOIDS POPPIN

Thank you Sunny & Lorrie!
I confess I am thrilled with the changes to my delts! They have def come up in size and I love the new rounded/squared shape they are taking on! I also think they enhance the feminine but strong look to my arms.

While I may dislike the dieting, there is no denying that it does the job of revealing the hard work! More exciting changes to come! Speaking of which here are my newest progress pics from Sunday Jan 27th. I am down +13 pounds and 12.5 weeks out. Lots of work ahead but the competition date is now visible on the horizon...It's suddenly real! And it's on! :D

Much Love & Respect to All! Peace!

curvygirl
01-30-2013, 01:36 PM

~ Train Together! Play Together! Stay Together! <3 ~

Sunnyday
01-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Girl, you look awesome! Delts have come nicely! Keep on keepin' on!

IslandGirl
01-31-2013, 03:43 AM
Love your guys shirts! Cool beans!

FitnBuf
02-06-2013, 06:23 AM

~ Train Together! Play Together! Stay Together! <3 ~

This is super cute Girly :) Love it!!!!!

meaganhesham
02-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi! I'm new here! Catching up on everyone's journals and just wanted to say yours is so very inspiring to me - love your start story and your awesome journey AND all the awesome pics!!!!

curvygirl
02-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Hi Ladies!

Well I am now into week 11 of “Prep 2013!” Have to admit week 10 for me was basically a “lost” week due to stressors with family, finances, work…With things falling apart all around me it is any wonder I was “falling apart” a little bit too (hello monthly cycle!). My diet definitely took a few low blows from “stress eating!” I honestly think what kept me stuck together was that I continued training through the week…because up to yesterday afternoon I was honestly entertaining thoughts of throwing in the towel on this prep. Please bare with me through my sharing of an epiphany…

Stressors in a nutshell…
My mom is back in the hospital…too long a story and not one I have shared here…but suffice to say the day is coming that I may have to apply for guardianship on her behalf and she may need to permanently move to a skilled care facility (nursing home). It is sad because she is so young (only 66 years).

Second, my estranged husband literally packed up his bags and moved to the other side of the country.He left yesterday morning. The last few days of our communication was under laid with sadness that really brought me low. Not because our marriage is over (we separated almost a year ago) but because I feel bad, culpable in our relationship failing…a failure if you will. BUT letting him go was the most honest and loving thing I could do. I also feel a bit of anger, because he has left a fully loaded plate of craap for me to deal with alone (taxes, house stuff, moving, filing for divorce…). Grrrrr!

Finally, my trusty “mule” Molly of 10+ years, got hit by a tanker truckand my insurance company declared it a total loss. So no car…on the flip side they are going to give me the remaining value of the truck. So I can deposit that money and use it for my pending car payment for the next 7 months. J I did buy a new-to-me car and will pick it up next week when all the checks clear. My new pretty pony is a 2011 Nissan Juke! No depreciation, very low miles, fully loaded & a great buy well under Blue Book value. So I am blessed!

Back to thoughts of quitting…
With all the other craap going on, why am I putting my body and mind through a crazy amount of stress dieting and training for a few moments on stage?!This question has been running rampant through my head for a couple weeks…Not sure I have determined the full answer…and it is probably too long for this post.

So last night, with thoughts of quitting, I still managed to get into my gym gear, drive to the gym and train hard. I started to feel better. Then this morning I forced my butt outta the bed and did early am cardio. It was not easy but I did it. And when I was in the bathroom later I suddenly had this odd epiphany…I am not narcissistic but I really looked at myself in the mirror and I smiled. Because in that moment I realized I like my body as it is right now! As an everyday girl I look and feel good…leaner, strong and healthy! I’ve come so far(not just recently but over the past 3 years)…Despite all of the challenges and stress. I am strong! Wait wait! Did I not just say above the “glue” that kept me together was my training?! Why would I quit now, when it is a part of what is creating my inner strength to deal with all the craap?!I realized I can and I will do this...no matter the outcome I win. With only 11 weeks to go I know I can do this!

Whew! Not a training entry but certainly in relation to my training. Thank you for listening to me work through some stuff! I promise there is a delt workout to follow :)

Peace & Steamed Green Beans

curvygirl
02-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Once I step through the doors of the gym, all else must fall away, because this is the time I promised to myself take care of myself. This is what I did Monday night when I was feeling very low.

Monday Night Delt Destruction!

Lateral Raises x’s 100 - to warm up & pre-exhaust
DB Shoulder Press ss/ DB Front Raises (Palm Up) – 4 Sets
Cable Upright Row ss/ High Rope Row – 4 Sets
Technogym Seated Upper Back ss/ Front Plate Raises – 4 Sets
FST-7 – Lateral Raises & Rear Delt Raises
50” Cardio – Uphill Climb

Peace & Steamed Green Beans

And this is what I look like after a good delt workout!

PFEPerformance
02-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Huge-huge-HAYUGE cyber hug my dear!!! You have not suffered alone nor will you going forward!!

Women of power united - finding their inner strength, empowerment, self renewal, and self enlightenment through mental/emotional/physical evolution by way of fitness, nutrition, and training - WE write our own stories!!

PFE!
LORRIE

sce0027
02-08-2013, 10:49 AM
WOW, you've made some serious progress so far! Can't wait to see some awesome contest pics! Have a great weekend!

curvygirl
02-08-2013, 03:54 PM
You have not suffered alone nor will you going forward!! Women of power united - finding their inner strength, empowerment, self renewal, and self enlightenment through mental/emotional/physical evolution by way of fitness, nutrition, and training - WE write our own stories!! PFE! LORRIE

Thank you Lorrie! For the big a** hug & your always uplifting powerful words of support! You are such a beautiful soul! I truly appreciate that you share that part of yourself with me & so many others! Much Love Mama! <3

WOW, you've made some serious progress so far! Can't wait to see some awesome contest pics! Have a great weekend!

Thank you so much Sierra! How is your training going?

Hi! I'm new here! Catching up on everyone's journals and just wanted to say yours is so very inspiring to me - love your start story and your awesome journey AND all the awesome pics!

Thank you so much Meagan! You have found a great place to find support & share such similar struggles & triumphs! So welcome and I look forward to following your journey! :)

All of you ladies are terrific! I knew if I shared my recent woes you would totally get it! All I can say is that I am taking things one day at a time & dealing with one thing at a time! Then all of it is not so overwhelming.

Thursday Back Beatdown!
Lateral Pull - Wide Grip - 2 Warm Up / 4 Working Sets
Lateral Pull - Close Grip - 3 Sets
Barbell Row - 4 Sets
Dumbell Row - 4 Sets
Hammer Strength Row (Standing) - 4 Sets
Seated Cable Row -Wide Grip ss/ Close Grip - 2 Sets

AM Cardio - 35" Eilliptical
PM Cardio - 10" StairMaster, 30" Step Mill

Peace & Grean Beans!

sce0027
02-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Everything's going great! I can't wait to see how my body progresses. I'm loving every part of it!

curvygirl
02-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Hi Ladies!

Finally feeling like I am back on track in this prep. Had a two week "stall-out!" with stress, crappy eating, and a boat load of woes...just had to take a lot of deep breaths, break it all down, & work on fixing one thing at time! The scale is finally moving again with some adjustments to my diet, my supplements & adding a few more reasonable sessions of cardio.

I also finally got a chance to film another training video. This time for the girls! I got my friend Heather Cobb who is an NPC Bikini competitor to play with me. She is doing the Arnold Amateur in 2 weeks! Woo Hoo! :D

Okay here's hoping & praying I can stay on track! 10 weeks to go! Gack! I still need to order bulk rhinestones and my suit! Aaaaaaaagh! Okay breathe deep...LOL!

Peace & Green Beans! :D

http://youtu.be/aOEC3UqltyQ

IslandGirl
02-15-2013, 05:07 AM
Loved watching your chest video! I miss training chest. Used to be my strongest bodypart. I'll live through you now! BeastMode!

broadys
02-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Keep up the great work. I love how positive and enthusiastic you are.

curvygirl
02-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Hey Ladies!

Well another week on prep has come and gone! It was a great training week!

Bossman had me kick up my cardio to “doubles” M-F which I consider manageable as long as I get enough sleep. So I am up to 40-45”AM & 45 – 50” PM for a total of 1.5 hours. I also tightened up my diet (portions & food timing) and changed some of my supplements. The result was a break through the plateau and I am down now 16 pounds! :D Woo Hoo! Along with the weight loss is the long missed, reappearance of some “freakiness!” You know…the popping veins, the striations, cuts, etc. I am happy to be making it happen again! 9 Weeks, 3 days!

I also ordered my posing suit from Saleyla.com – Red Hot Hologram Spandex! I will be “blinging” it with crystal clear Swarovski. Nothing over the top, just a smattering of sparkle.

Posing practice is something I do all the time! In between sets, after am cardio and on our set practice day. I know the everyday peeps at the gym must think I am vain, because there I am in the mirror posing over & over to tweek & improve.

I have also started choreographing my posing routine. For shows in MI all routines are now limited to 60 seconds…Oh well…looks to become more common as physique picks up in popularity. I love my concept which is the “Tango.” I won’t share much more on that but you may get the idea just hearing the word. J

Tuesday Night Arm Assault
Barbell Curl ss/ Tricep Pressdown – 4 Warm Up Sets
Alt DB Bicep Curl – 4 Double Sets = Heavy Weight + Burnout with Lighter Weight = 20 Reps per Set
Hammer Strength Tricep Dip ss/ DB Hammer Curls (Done like Alt Curls above) – 4 Sets
Close Grip Bench Press ss/ Barbell Spider Curls – 3 Sets
Iso Lateral Tricep Press – 4 Sets
FST-7 – Triangle Grip Tricep Press ss/ Partial Barbell Curls (focusing on top half of range of motion)
45” Cardio – Step Mill + Stair Master

Peace & Broccoflower!
Bossman’s favorite veggie – combo of broccoli & cauliflower!

<span style="color:#008000;"><strong>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk00xluP1oY

PFEPerformance
02-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Looking good Mana!!! DON'T let the stress overwhelm ya! ONE thing at a time - ONE day at a time!! YOU GOT THIS!!!! Tango -- woot - woot !!! :bigpopcorn::bigpopcorn:

sce0027
02-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Hey, gorgeous! Just stopping by to check up on your progress. I'm so excited for you! The suit is beautiful, posing is on point! Have a great day!

IslandGirl
02-22-2013, 03:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t04jE7d0Obw

broadys
03-02-2013, 03:11 AM
Hows prep going this week? your doing such a good job

FitnBuf
03-06-2013, 06:53 AM
Ooooo!!!! Tango!!! Sounds awesome and fun :)

Loving your burn out on your curls.

Glad to see you are back on track and hitting hard. We all have our "moments", which can be a blessing as you have a chance to know yourself on a raw and deeper level!!

:)

curvygirl
03-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Glad to see you are back on track and hitting hard. We all have our "moments", which can be a blessing as you have a chance to know yourself on a raw and deeper level!!

Hows prep going this week? your doing such a good job

Hey, gorgeous! Just stopping by to check up on your progress. I'm so excited for you! The suit is beautiful, posing is on point! Have a great day!

Looking good Mana!!! DON'T let the stress overwhelm ya! ONE thing at a time - ONE day at a time!! YOU GOT THIS!!!!
Thank you so much to all of you beautiful ladies! Your continued support, feedback & wonderful comments are so very appreciated. In a way you all validate this crazy journey I am on. It is a support & validation that many in my "real world" environment still do not understand.

FitnBuff ~ I love what you said about finding out more about the inner me, the raw & deeper level. I have indeed tapped into some kind of hard core determination and at times joy with my training, my cardio, my diet. All three working together are making it happen. I love how strong I am now when climbing uphill at some crazy incline. No longer weighted down, feeling heavy like at the beginning of prep! That strength is shifting from outside in, inside out!
__________________________________________________ ______________

So Long time, No Post! I confess I have been one busy girl with all the usual life stressors! Work, ailing parent, family issues, relationship issues, money issues…LOL! So what is new!?

Well after a readjustment to my attitude and outlook about 3 weeks ago…these stressors no longer get to dictate or direct my prep to hit the stage in +7 weeks time! I refocused and committed! So here we are! Into Week 15, down +20 pounds, feeling strong & happy with the changes I made to my physique over my “off-season!” My weight was 133.2 this morning and realistically I do not have much more to lose. I am right on track! I can feel it and see it. My only major concern is the usual problem area for women (glutes). I will stick strong to the plan: Keep lifting heavy (with muscle mind connection), and tweak my cardio & my diet as needed. But I see it! It is coming in…high & tight, high & tight!

I also got a boost by tuning into all of the Arnold Amateur and Arnold Classic coverage! How can one not get excited!? I followed the WP of course! Where Lada and Maria Rita Penteado both competed. Maria placed 2nd in her class…not sure I agree with that! Thought she had the winning look…And Lada who looked phenom in her pics leading up to the competition came in 5th in her class. I confess that “competition bug” is very catchy! I just need to be patient! My time is right around the corner! :D

Besides my suit is not ready yet! I still have a bit more “bling” to put on! Did I mention…I love my suit! <3

Peace & Green Beans!

Monday Night Shoulder Smash
Standing Clean & Press ss/ Barbell Rear Delt Row – 3 Warm-Up Sets
DB Lateral Raises 100’s – 4 Drop Sets totaling 100 reps
Hammer Strength Shoulder Press – 4 Sets
Cable Upright Row ss/ High Rope Row – 3 Sets
Front Plate Raises – 3 Sets
Heavy Rear Delt Row – 3 Sets
FST-7 – DB Lateral Raises

curvygirl
03-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Hee hee! Here are a couple quick training clips too :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFfaWkgAHMg&amp;list=PLUSzvSFXGmpTz0YVlj8n45Bs gEVNLTOO8

curvygirl
03-06-2013, 10:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLzZNgBDQRY&amp;list=PLUSzvSFXGmpTz0YVlj8n45Bs gEVNLTOO8&amp;index=1

PFEPerformance
03-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Looking lean and mean GIRL!! Keep that FOCUS - Head down - in the ZONE!!! "Life" distractions/stressors...etc.... will ALWAYS be there..... it's what we chose to do with them and how we chose to deal that matters!! YOU GOT THIS!!!!

HUGE PFE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!
:hugme:

Sunnyday
03-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Woo wee!! Lookin' toiiiight, girl! Love the suit...AND the vids! From here on out it's earbuds in and focus, focus, focus! Like Lorrie said, you got this! Just seven short weeks and you get your victory lap! :cheerleader:

curvygirl
03-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Hey Ladies!
Checking in with my weekly progress report!

Clean food + supplementation + food timing + hydration = Fat is Dropping, Muscles are a Poppin! I am very happy with the progress. New details and changes are really starting to show. Talk about serious motivation to stay on track and to keep training hard! It's almost too much to sit still! BUT I am not quite there yet. I still have a bit more to pull in in my glutes. It was the last thing to come in last year...so I just need to stop wishing away my 6 weeks and be excited that I have 6 weeks to really nail my conditioning! :D

I finished putting crystals on my beautiful posing suit! It's all blinged out Curvy Girl style! I love it! <3 I also found the perfect crystal jewelry to accessorize! LOL! I am so tickled & excited! Just got to hold on tight & enjoy the journey!

Peace & Green Beans! :D

Leg Day!
Leg Extension ss w/ Seated Leg Curl - 4 Sets Warm-Up
Leg Press - Heavy Neutral Stance, 25-30 reps ss/ w Narrow Stance, Lighter Weight 10-15 Reps (for burn out)
Hammer Strength V Squat - 3 Sets - 20 Reps
Rack Box Squats - 4 Sets, 20-25 Reps
Heavy RDLs - 4 Sets - 20 Reps
FST-7 - Leg Extension, 12 Reps ss w/ Wide Stance Leg Press, Lighter Weight (for burn out), 20 Reps
Posing Practice
Evening Cardio - 50" Elliptical

Sunnyday
03-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Lookie that waist tightening up! Woo hoo! :cheerleader:

Gorgeous job on the suit, girl! The jewelry is P-E-R-F-E-C-T!! And that leg day is sick!! Love it!!

PFEPerformance
03-12-2013, 09:22 AM
LOOKING AWESOME MAMA!!! Yep - ENJOY the final few weeks to truly POLISH and FOCUS on YOU and how you wish to pull your final package together (your look, presentation, routine, posing, and the HUGE sense of achievment standing on that stage and your VICTORY DANCE)! You have endured "lifes waves", the "mental battles" ...and you are coming in with a win already in your pocket because of it!! Dial it in ~ YOU GOT THIS!!!

LOVE THE SUIT!! BEAU-T-FUL!!!!

HUGE HIGH FIVE AND CYBER HUGS!!!
KEEP ROCKIN IT - ON THE HOMESTRETCH!!

curvygirl
03-12-2013, 12:45 PM
I have two more comparision pics to share.

Please forgive the poor lighting. The room we use does not have great lighting. This time a couple shots from May 2012 when I was 2 weeks out from my 2nd competition that year. These are side by side to the shots taken this past Sunday where I am +6 weeks out from my first show in April 2013. I have to say I was a little stunned at the changes. Of course we don't see our back on regular basis. But needless to say I was so pleased with all the hard work. I can also see at 6 weeks out my conditioning will be tighter than last year. I am very excited to see it all come together. :D

broadys
03-15-2013, 11:04 PM
6 weeks out, wow that time has flown by am enjoying following along with your prep so far.

nic902
03-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Hi there! I'm new to the journals and just catching up...Your progress is FANTASTIC! You are well ahead of last year, with even more time to dial it in. Great work!

curvygirl
03-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Hi Lovely Ladies of RX,

Only a few of you knew that I have been the caregiver to my mother these past 5 years.

I moved her to Michigan in January 2008 so she would close to me and that I could help her improve the quality of her life. She struggled with health issues that resulted from a motorcycle accident that occurred when I was 10. Add to that mental illness in the form of Bi-Polar Disorder and a schizo-affective diagnosis.

So at times life around her was stressful, nerve wracking, and sometimes just full on ridiculous! But that was my Mom! Stubborn, independent, determined, a free spirit who was so very intelligent and a beyond talented artist and writer. I am indeed my mother's daughter as I inherited many of her fine qualities.

Last January (2012) she had a very traumatic health crisis that resulted in numerous hospital stays and a long stay at a nursing home. She had her entire large intestines removed and a portion of her small bowel, resulting in a permanent illiostomy (bag for waste outside of the body). She fought to get her strength back and to be as independent as she could be with her health issues. At the end of 2012 she was able to move back into an apartment to attempt living on her own again. She was very happy again and things were good for about 5 weeks. Unfortunately it was as short lived happiness. Very quickly her health declined again. No longer able to recover, her body could no longer take the stress. She passed away Sunday night.

While I am sad and feeling guilty over so many things, I do know I was able to help her live a happier life these past 5 years. I did the best I could and loved her the best I could. And now she is no longer struggling with her body, her depression, her anger...she is at peace.

In one of the last conversations my Mom had with my Aunt, she told her how proud she was that I had become so healthy, strong and that I was a bodybuilder with lots of muscle now! In fact my last visit with her was the Sunday before. I took my posing suit & jewelry to show her and tell her all about my training. I have that one last visit to hold onto as a happy memory.

I am back to work today, trying to get into the normal swing of things. I do best staying busy. Training and diet are still intact and on track. Because this is what my Mom would have wanted for me and would have done herself! I am now 5 weeks out. I intend to go the distance!

Peace,
Elise

Hardatit
03-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Sorry for your loss, and good luck to you. You will do great!

MsFitMama
03-20-2013, 12:20 PM
That being said if I cannot keep strict form for my reps I will drop back to a weight where I can properly perform the exercise.

This is SOOOO important!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you choosing form over weight!!!!!!!!!!

I most definitely agree with dropping weights if your form starts to shift. I see so many at the gym lifting heavy but the form is so poor. Egos I tell ya tsk tsk

MsFitMama
03-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Hi Lovely Ladies of RX,

Only a few of you knew that I have been the caregiver to my mother these past 5 years.

I moved her to Michigan in January 2008 so she would close to me and that I could help her improve the quality of her life. She struggled with health issues that resulted from a motorcycle accident that occurred when I was 10. Add to that mental illness in the form of Bi-Polar Disorder and a schizo-affective diagnosis.

So at times life around her was stressful, nerve wracking, and sometimes just full on ridiculous! But that was my Mom! Stubborn, independent, determined, a free spirit who was so very intelligent and a beyond talented artist and writer. I am indeed my mother's daughter as I inherited many of her fine qualities.

Last January (2012) she had a very traumatic health crisis that resulted in numerous hospital stays and a long stay at a nursing home. She had her entire large intestines removed and a portion of her small bowel, resulting in a permanent illiostomy (bag for waste outside of the body). She fought to get her strength back and to be as independent as she could be with her health issues. At the end of 2012 she was able to move back into an apartment to attempt living on her own again. She was very happy again and things were good for about 5 weeks. Unfortunately it was as short lived happiness. Very quickly her health declined again. No longer able to recover, her body could no longer take the stress. She passed away Sunday night.

While I am sad and feeling guilty over so many things, I do know I was able to help her live a happier life these past 5 years. I did the best I could and loved her the best I could. And now she is no longer struggling with her body, her depression, her anger...she is at peace.

In one of the last conversations my Mom had with my Aunt, she told her how proud she was that I had become so healthy, strong and that I was a bodybuilder with lots of muscle now! In fact my last visit with her was the Sunday before. I took my posing suit & jewelry to show her and tell her all about my training. I have that one last visit to hold onto as a happy memory.

I am back to work today, trying to get into the normal swing of things. I do best staying busy. Training and diet are still intact and on track. Because this is what my Mom would have wanted for me and would have done herself! I am now 5 weeks out. I intend to go the distance!

Peace,
Elise

Elise, my condolences. Sorry for your loss, a great deal of loss. You are such a strong force! I am rooting for you :)

PFEPerformance
03-20-2013, 01:12 PM
My DEEPEST HEART FELT SYMPATHIES TO YOU MY FRIEND ALONG WITH A HUGE HUG!!

Your next few weeks now have taken on additional meaning that ONLY you can fully embrace and know - Stand tall and stand PROUD girl - you've already WON IT ALL!!!

For you:

Bridge Over Troubled Water
When you're weary, feelin' small,
when tears are in your eyes, I'll dry them all.
I'm on your side oh, when times get rough and friends just can't be found.
Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down.
When you're down and out, when you're on the street,
when evening falls so hard I will comfort you.
I'll take your part, oh, when darkness comes and pain is all around.
Sail on silver girl, sail on by.
Your time has come to shine. All your dreams are on their way.
See how they shine, Oh, if you need a friend I'm sailing right behind.
Like a bridge over troubled water, I will ease your mind.
Like a bridge over troubled water, I will ease your mind.
- Paul Simon

Sunnyday
03-20-2013, 03:03 PM
So sorry for your loss, Elise! :byeg: Sending you cyber hugs.

nic902
03-20-2013, 09:22 PM
I am so sorry for your loss :hugme:

IslandGirl
03-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Elise! I'm so sorry for the passing of your beautiful, dear Mommy! My heart goes out to you. If you need anything. Shoot me an e-mail. [email protected]

Thinking of you!

broadys
03-23-2013, 05:07 AM
Wow you sure are one strong person. My thoughts are with you too

Bronwyn
03-27-2013, 12:09 AM
Elise sorry for your loss but you did great job in your life as well as you are doing in sport. In times like this I thinks our sport is a way out and it is great your mum was proud that you do what you do...

On a happier note - your new suit is absolutely stunning. I love it.

The Prodigy
03-27-2013, 09:19 PM
My condolences! Keep the memories close to your heart! When my dad passed away I tried find one thing each day to look forward to. It really helped me get out of bed and keep pushing....

HUGS!!!!!!:hugme:

curvygirl
03-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Hi Ladies :)

First let me say thank you for all of your heartfelt comments & thoughts. I am truly thankful for each one of you who spends the time to read my journal entries and respond. The support is priceless!

Well since my last post, a lot has happened and I accomplished quite a bit in the past week. Handling my Mom’s final arrangements, paperwork, etc. has gone pretty smoothly…sad at times, especially packing up her belongings and making that final move out of her apartment. I have to say the most surprising yet heartening thing to come out of this sad event, is the rest my dysfunctional, scattered to the wind family have been very supportive. No. No one physically came to help me here, but none of them have the means or the money to make a trip here. It’s all good. Phone calls & texts have been numerous and good.

Having my work and being deeply immersed in “Prep 2013” has been very good for me during this time. Ironically my very first prep last year started with my Mom’s initial health crisis. Prep got me through that too! I still have to finish packing and moving my stuff out of my house (Divorce stuff & a pain in the butt because my estranged/ex is on the other side of the country!) I still have to file taxes (Appointment is made! And again a pain in the a$$ as stated before.) But I feel like I am making movement…making progress…crossing off the tough stuff one thing at a time.

Speaking of prep! I am well into week 18! :) My strength, will and determination are still pretty solid. My scale saw 129lbs. on Monday morning, but the number does not matter so much as how I am looking. And I am so very encouraged! I already “beat” my former self in this journey to compete again! New muscle, some great improvements…and my conditioning is far better than where it was when I first competed last year. I am hear to tell you, putting in the extra time (a variety of cardio) has made a big difference! I am also very excited to know I still have 4 weeks to really “dial” it in.

I also confess I am a little anxious. I cannot wait to hit the stage and I am very excited about all those awesome things that lead up to stage time…tanning, hair styling, new makeup, getting a mani & pedi…I am a planner and preparer at heart, so getting all of those little things in place bring me great pleasure.

Last night I had a great workout with a fellow physique competitor from another gym, Heather. It was a real treat and a nice break from training with my male counterparts...She is pretty amazing and I would predict in the near future she will earn her pro card. Tall, strong and a pretty blonde gal…she can go far! :D We trained shoulders and I promise a training video next week.

In the meantime I will leave you with a few snaps to share…Weight log, the ubiquitous locker room mirror shot, some comparison shots, and a couple of Heather & I playfully posing in pink…we did not plan the matchy matchy! :D Oh and the following post includes another sneak peek clip of some posing practice. 4 Weeks to Go!

Thank you as always for stopping by!
Love you gals! Hold Strong & Keep on Killing It!
Peace!

curvygirl
03-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Quick Posing Practice Clip! The best part of being a Women's Physique competitor in my book! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb0ANbcRH_I

nic902
03-29-2013, 09:31 PM
You are one hell of a strong woman!
So many would have let life get them off track, but not you...4wks to go and still pushing forward!

Your pics look FANTASTIC! Progress is moving along and you are dialing it in :cheerleader:
As you know from my journal, the routine is my least favorite thing but you are working it in that video!!!! Can't wait to see it all come together for you!

PFEPerformance
04-01-2013, 09:58 AM
YOU ARE LOOKING FAN-FREAKEN-TASTIC MAMA!!! Soooooooooo PROUD of you and all your hard ass work - mentally, physically, and emotionally !!!! You are gonna OWN the stage girl - show them judges that YOU ARE IN THE HOUSE!!!!! :cheerleader:

LOVE YA SOOO MUCH!!!
MONSTER PFE HUG COMING YOUR WAY!!!! lol

curvygirl
04-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Hey Gals!

Just popping by real quick before the end of my work week! Busy busy as always...with family, work, life mate, & of course all things "Prep 2013!" And with the close of this week I am 3 weeks out from the 2013 Charlotte Cup.

Scared, nervous, excited, happy, tired, hopeful, realistic, focused! All that and a myriad more of feelings and emotions...including strange dreams where I am crying because I forgot to put lipstick on before I got on stage. Or another favorite...crying because I left my award sword behind...LOL! Now isn't that hopeful! :D

Actually the most pressing issue is the fact that my coach said I could have a full-on cheat meal tomorrow night! And I am at odds...because I have not had a full-on cheat meal the entire prep. I have had little treats here and there to stave off cravings and going overboard...with say a tablespoon and a Jar of Peanut Butter with Mini Chocolate Chips mixed in...sigh, swoon, i die!He said I am ready now and that the meal will do me good both mentally and physically...and give me a "refeul" for the final push these next few weeks.

The other exciting thing this weekend is the first competition for one of our training partners! The NPC Kalamazoo...the show I won last year! We are turning out to support him along with a few other people who are competing. It is always fun to reconnect with the community and the "tribe" of competitors! Especially when one is just about "show ready" and looking lean & mean in one's "skinny jeans!" You know! That one special pair of jeans that only fits when you are ready to go! :D That's when I knew the "ish" was getting real!

Anyways ladies...I will leave you with that promised training clip from last week with my friend and fellow physique competitor Heather. Hope you enjoy it!

Have a fantabulous weekend!
Peace & Asparagus!
Hey it's on sale right now & a natural diuretic! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52QRmQHCGts

broadys
04-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Great Vid, I am loving that pink color on you.
So what did you end up having for your cheat we need all the gory food porn details lol

nic902
04-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Loving the training video, you've got some great energy!
You know that those crazy dreams are just a sign that you're almost there :D

curvygirl
04-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Hey Ladies!
Sorry long time, no post! Same ole, same ole.
Train, eat, work, eat, work eat, train, eat, eat, sleep, repeat! LOL!!!

Loving the training video, you've got some great energy!
Thank you so much! I lift with intensity & some speed when I get going! Just love it! <3

Great Vid, I am loving that pink color on you.
So what did you end up having for your cheat we need all the gory food porn details lol

Hee hee! Thank you! I love bright colors! Motivating and a happy thing in the gym!

Cheat meal ended up being a great cheddar & mozzarella mushroom bacon burger with a glass of awesome red wine. I did also order a piece of chocolate cake, but it was very late. So into the freezer it went! Sigh...5 weeks!

Speaking of late! The show ran later than expected bu our training partner Mark was the first one on stage this season! This past week he competed in Heavy at the 2013 NPC Kalamazoo Championships & won his class! Woot Woot! He made his debut and left his mark in a big way! Another good friend of mine, Josie won bikini, short class! It was a great show!

Mark will be doing the IFBB NPC Powerhouse Pro Am Classic along with Bossman and I in Novi, MI on May 11th! But before that, I am just a mere 2 weeks out now! Beyond excited! Heading into new territory with my body...leaner & harder right now than when I was on stage last year. I already won in my book!

Okay, gotta jet! I promise some pics next post! And to visit some journals too!
Love ya all!
Keep on Killing it!

curvygirl
04-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Happy Monday Ladies!

Well here we are finally able to count down in days instead of weeks, months...lol! And while it seems like such a long time ago I started "Prep 2013" it also seems like the time passed in the blink of an eye. It is all kind of surreal as with any big life events.

It also feels surreal when I look at the body I have worked so hard to build, shape, change this past year...It sometimes feels like I am looking at someone else, not me! I am very pleased! I am very excited! You know you have it right when your coach says "I had big expectations for you this season. But you have far surpassed those! I am very proud of you!" It made me feel really good, validated!

So it is with my head down (earbuds firmly in place), I am buckled in and pushing full force through the next 8 days of training! On the other side of that is all the funstuff...hair, nails, tanning... & our long drive from Michigan to North Carolina. I love road tripping! As long as we are prepped with food, drink, music, & maps, we are good to go!

As promised here is a fun pic from Saturday. Post Chest/Bis/Cardio! I cannot believe how small & tight my tushy has become! :D
And finally a "Big Back Thursday" training video! I have been wanting to film one of our back workouts for eons...& finally Bossman said let's do it! Hope you enjoy!

Peace & Asparagus!
(Lots of it of late! In season, on sale & a natural diuretic! What's not to love!?! <3 )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CqDBkC1odE

PFEPerformance
04-15-2013, 12:35 PM
LOOKING FANTASTIC SEXY MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the homestretch - blood, sweat, tears, and everything in between - YOU have arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooooooooooooooo proud of you and soooooooooooooooo rooting you on! You are a winner already girl - the rest is just your party!

Put on them lashes, dark/deep tan, blinged out suit and rock that stage!!!

You will most definitely here me chearing from Ohio!!!

Haaahuuuuuuggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeee PFE hug mama! High five and WPD Salute!!

Go get em!! You got this!!!

nic902
04-15-2013, 10:27 PM
WOOO HOOO!!!! You are ready, Mama!
All the work is done and now you get glam and light up the stage :cheerleader:
I cannot wait for vids and pics!

Bronwyn
04-16-2013, 10:01 PM
great back and shoulder details. enjoy the season..

Bronwyn
04-16-2013, 10:01 PM

broadys
04-17-2013, 10:37 PM
You are looking super tight there gorgeous gal.
Best of luck for the competition I hope you do so fantastically well as you have worked hard and fought quite a few personal battles along the way.
Whatever the result remember you are one strong chicka, go out and have some well deserved fun.
Cant wait to hear how it all goes.
P.s I wanna hear all the gory details on you post comp meal.

curvygirl
04-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Soooooooooooooooo proud of you and soooooooooooooooo rooting you on! You are a winner already girl - the rest is just your party!

You are looking super tight there gorgeous gal.
Best of luck for the competition

I have my own RX Gal Cheering Section! AND I am so very happy & privileged for all the support, encouragement & cheering y'all do! Thank you! Thank you! From the bottom of my heart!

8 Days Out!
I am so ready to get this "party" started! All the little & big details are just about pulled together. The biggest thing is making sure we hit the road early enough on Thursday morning. It will be about a 12 hour day of travel via car to Charlotte, NC.

We had our last "Big Back Thursday!" last night and it was great! I truly have not lost any strength this prep. I honestly believe my natural supplements and eating enough food had played a key role in this. While WP may be a lot more work, we also get to train harder and eat more than the other divisions. Truly minor suffering at best this prep!

On the fun home front! Bossman splurged & bought both of us new bicycles! I feel so spoiled and loved! <3 I remember we talked about what we wanted to do this summer while off-prep & I mentioned that I love bike riding on trails & paths. It is what I call "non-exercise" exercise! And low & behold he took me to look at bikes and a couple weeks later we found a great sale! See my new baby below! :)

I will leave you with a playful pull-up snap post Big Back workout. I posted it on Facebook with the caption that "I'm Hungry!" I am hungry to get on the stage! I am hungry to do well! And I am most especially hungry for the dark chocolate Reese's stuffed, peanut butter frosted cupcakes that will follow!

Peace & Pullups!
x0x0x

Bronwyn
04-20-2013, 11:17 PM
haha pbc = peanut butter cups were also in my suitcase before my show :D I love them.
You look ready and improved - so I cant wait how you do

curvygirl
04-22-2013, 01:29 PM
peanut butter cups were also in my suitcase before my show:D I love them.
Me too! Big Time! :D

Hi Ladies,

Well this may be it for a few! Now 5 days out & on the cusp of accepting that “I’m Ready!” feeling. I did the work! Trained hard, ate clean, did the cardio, & posed, posed, posed! If I’m not ready I can at least say I am prepared! Victory loves preparation! :)

So hard to believe I am into week 22! Where did the time go!?! Now I only have 2 depletion workouts left & a few more cardio sessions. Excited to get those done and in the books!

I spent the weekend shopping and packing. It’s funny how little I took when Bossman & I went to Mexico in comparison to all of the various bags of stuff we are toting to Charlotte! Competition bag, 6 Pack bag, towel & sheets bag, tanning supplies bag, foodstuffs bag, my suitcase, Bossman’s suitcase, beverage cooler, perishable foods cooler…lol! My little car is going to be stuffed to the gills! But never the less it is fun to pull it all together. I have always been a planner.

I also got my “girlie on!” Brandy new French tip nails & a long overdue, much needed pedicure! I feel so pretty! :)

Just one more day of work! Wednesday is our trip preparation day and then we hit the road early Thursday morning.

I promise to post pics on the fly when I can and a full run down on our competition & trip next week. Wish me luck and to break a leg!

I leave you with a few fun pics: My new nails! A pic of me eating an apple after my last heavy leg day. No apple tasted sweeter! And a final set of progress shots from yesterday.

Peace & Pizza! (Woo hoo! We get one full day, post-competition to enjoy some good foodstuffs! Then it’s back on the plan because our second show is May 11th!)

nic902
04-22-2013, 10:37 PM
You are looking great lady!
All the work is done, get your glam on and werk that stage :cheerleader:

PFEPerformance
04-29-2013, 09:43 AM
THINKING OF YA CHICA!!!!!!!!!!!! HIT US WITH THE DETAILS AND PICS!!!

WAS SOOOOO SENDING YOU HAPPY/POSITIVE VIBES ON SATURDAY!!! HOPING YOU ARE FEELING GREAT AND ALL WENT FANTASTIC!!!

BIG HUGS!!!
:hugme:

curvygirl
05-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Hi Ladies

I know I have been missing in action since my first competition of the season on April 27th. As always life issues kind of dictate priorities and use of time. I actually wrote this entry back on May 1st, but life got in the way again. So here goes!

2013 NPC Charlotte Cup – April 27, 2013
4th Place - Masters- :)
Did Not Place - Short Class Open :(
Bossman – 1st & Overall Masters, 2nd Heavy Open :D

Here is the long of it:

The weight loss train took off from the station! In the last 10 days, up to peak week I dropped from 128 to 125. The day before the show I was 122. We drove 13 hours to Charlotte and I arrived already dry and depleted. By the time I hit the stage for pre-judging Saturday I was down to 119 pounds! :( Oh and this was the weight I got after prejudging, eating lunch & drinking some fluids! So I was probably at least a pound lighter! - I pulled too much water and was flat, which left me with a little loose skin in my thighs at prejudging. Being natty, pulling too much water was a big mistake! I came in much smaller and lost fullness all the way around. I was a little disappointed. My body apparently had other plans!

Let me tell you herbal diuretics do work, maybe too well! If you are willing to share, how do all of you “dry out?” I think this is one of the trickiest parts of peak week! The week following the show I was dealt a case of moderate edema (water in legs). Probably exacerbated by and excess of salt, fat, sugar and It the 13 hours drive home. Very hard on the body!

Pre-judging: The short class prejudging was the hardest thing I have ever experienced physically! 9 or 10 women, the biggest number of competitors in my class, I have seen nationally this year! Not even running a full marathon was that hard! And I have run a full marathon! I did not even have time to pump up! And one of the women had on the wrong number! So we were out there waiting and waiting and waiting. Finally they put us through the paces. I was never moved. 2nd from the right end if you were facing the stage. The judges barely looked at me! I knew I did not place! :(

Luckily, I had a short break before going out for Masters. Chris was right there for me. I had a bit of water and recomposed myself. As I said it was very hard and I was on the verge of tears. But I pulled it together. I was warmed up by now and just had to give my best for this class. This time they did move me in towards the center but I was still clueless as to how I did after prejudging. I ended up 4th out to 10 women! Not too bad after a scary open pre-judging.

I will also confess my frustration and disappointment that the judges picked “big” women who lacked the feminine physique our division calls for. I know and accept that enhancement is going to be a factor when competing in NPC national qualifier shows. Whether enhanced or not “femininity” is a criteria.

I heard from friends and Bossman who were in the audience, I was standing on the stage with numerous enhanced women who were big in comparison to me. Ultimately the judging panel went with bodybuilder physiques in both short & tall class. In fact FBB & Olympia competitor Monique Jones’ client won the show. She looked great but more like a bodybuilder. (p.s. Monique was also sitting at the judging table.)

Night Show: By night time I ate and drank some fluids which helped tighten me up all the way around. I also felt much better, and was accepting that I might not place. I just wanted to go out and perform my routine and also enjoy Chris’ time on the stage! ~ The best moment for me was when I did my posing routine that evening. It was the first time all the judges were actually looking at me and the head judge was smiling at me the entire time!

I have been able to see some images from both prejudging and the night show. And you know what! I may be smaller but I looked good! Suit, hair, makeup, posing were all spot on! The body, well that can always be better! :D

Here is a link to my Flickr Photosteam. I hope it will work because this is an easier way to share images. I am also on Pinterest. I will be sure to add images when I get them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/degreesofshining/sets/72157633449829168/

With all that being said, I am very proud of myself! I made a plan, stuck to it, worked it hard and exceeded my expectations on many levels. Right now, I am the best me I have ever been.

I am now only 3 days out from the IFBB NPC Powerhouse Pro AM Classic on May 11th, in Novi, Michigan.

Thank god only a 2.5 hour drive from home! I wanted to be excited for this second show, but I really wasn’t until a couple days ago. It took me a full week to recover from that very difficult dry out. So over the 10 days after Charlotte the plan was to fill back out a bit. I went back to training hard, cut my cardio, and ate a bit more carbs. It worked! My weight is back up to 123.6 and I am looking fuller. Now we just have to be very gentle when I dry out for Saturday and try to hold onto the fullness! Fingers Crossed!

Thank you for reading my long entry. I am sure some of you can relate to all I have shared. I will be missing in action again, probably until next week. Wish me luck and to break a leg in Novi!

Peace!

PFEPerformance
05-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Sorry things went off course for you! Almost EXACTLY what took place for my last show last fall! The drying out/tightening up/peek week.... VERY-VERY tricky. Mine went FUBAR also and was standing on stage wishing to be anywhere BUT on stage - sweating, chilled, flu like...etc..... Took me a full week to feal like myself again and for the mental fatigue and fog to clear! Chuck it up to experience and knowing it happens to all of us at one point or another in one way or another!

GO GET EM FOR ROUND TWO!!!!

HUGE PFE HUG!!!!!
Staying tuned!!!!
~L

Sunnyday
05-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Good luck girl! Will be thinking of you this weekend. :hmn:

nic902
05-08-2013, 06:37 PM
I'm sorry your experience was a bit of a disappointment :hugme:
At the end of the day, moments like this have to remind us why we do what we do..You never know who will be on stage that day, the look the judges reward or why. You have to be proud and love the physique you're bringing and know that you brought YOUR best cause that's what it's really all about.

Take this as a learning experience moving forward as to how your body responds to peak week etc and how YOUR body works, it's so individual.

I will be sending positive vibes for you this weekend! Get out there and enjoy your moment :cheerleader:

Bronwyn
05-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Well at least you know what to improve next time. from pics your back looks very nice - I see legs need tightening, but it may be because you dropped weight really brutally as you wrote . flatness is very tricky as well as the peaking. so good luck the next show, I hope it all will come better together.

curvygirl
05-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Thank You for the support & feedback!

you know what to improve next time. from pics your back looks very nice - I see legs need tightening

Thank you Lada! ~ I think my legs are my biggest challenge! I think everyone has a body part that gives them a challenge. And that is okay because it gives us something to work on, a goal to continue the lifestyle. For this go around I am very encouraged and happy with the growth and changes I made over the past year! Learning my body will be an ongoing, at times frustrating, yet exhilarating process. :)

I'm sorry your experience was a bit of a disappointment :hugme:
At the end of the day, moments like this have to remind us why we do what we do.
Thank you Nicole ~ While I was disappointed with some things at the Charlotte show, I was also quite happy & pleased with the improvements! I remember reading an article that a pro bodybuilder coming down to physique. Her name totally escapes me and I could not find the article. But she spoke about how the more you compete the more likely you will "lose!" That it comes with the territory. And like you said we need to remember why we are choosing this lifestyle. For me it has been about getting healthy. It has been 3 years since I made that choice and I am still going strong. Competitions are just a way to set ongoing solid, concrete health goals! :D It is always a win win to meet the goals! :D

Good luck girl! Will be thinking of you this weekend.
:hmn:
Thank you Sunny Sunny! ~ You always brighten my day! And I promise to stop by your journal very soon! :hmn: right back to you!

Sorry things went off course for you! Almost EXACTLY what took place for my last show last fall! The drying out/tightening up/peek week.... VERY-VERY tricky. Mine went FUBAR also and was standing on stage wishing to be anywhere BUT on stage - sweating, chilled, flu like...etc..... Took me a full week to feel like myself again

Love you bunches Lorrie! LOL! You need to tell me what "FUBAR" means! :D ~Thank you for all of your continual support, encouragement, cheerleading! I truly truly appreciate it!
Yes! This lifestyle, off & on season, and the perils of prep and peak week will always be filled with ongoing learning experiences! But that is a happy thing! If we do not continue to learn and grow through success and failures, we become stagnated. Thank you for sharing your faulty show experience.

Okay everyone! Fingers crossed for a much better, pleasurable pre-judging experience. No matter the outcome it should be a fun weekend! :D ~ 6 people from my gym are traveling out to Novi to compete. We are all staying at the same hotel & plan to go out to celebrate after.Then Bossman and I are going to a wonderful Sunday brunch before we drive home.

I also wanted to share that this Saturday night, when I take the stage to perform my posing routine, I will be thinking of and honoring my Mom.

With that on my mind & in my heart I also want to wish each of you a very Happy Mother's Day!

x0x0x
Love & Peace

curvygirl
05-09-2013, 12:31 PM
A couple shots of my evening posing routine at the Charlotte Cup :D

Granite-Dawg
05-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Great Work!!!! You look great!!!!

curvygirl
05-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Hi Ladies,

Wish I had good news but…I have to say hands down the IFBB NPC Powerhouse Pro Am Classic was the absolute worst competition I have attended and participated in.

Thoughts on the Show and the NPC:
I have to say the disappointment I feel today is deep, and I am disheartened to say the least. There was nothing fun or rewarding in this particular competition experience. I don’t know that I will want to compete in an NPC show again. I don’t see doing a Michigan NPC show ever again! The level of disregard and lack of respect to the amateur athletes at this show was inexcusable :( Here, I thought that because this was also a pro show that the quality and level of the show would be a step up. But I have to say in harsh cold light, this was not the case at all. It was a big wake-up call that things seem rotten from the top down. I certainly hope that this is not the case in other state NPC organizations.

Our show was disorganized from start to finish. We were definitely second fiddle to the pros. It was as if none of the organizers / volunteers had any care or concern for the athletes participating. They actually lost all of our online entries. We were crammed into a tiny room to wait, basically ignored. There was no water, no snacks, and no set up for the athletes to pump up. There were no t-shirts or goodies. In fact the organizers did not have a problem yelling at us which made me feel like I was back in grade school. Then onstage during prejudging and the night show, all I could see were angry looking national level judges who obviously did not want to be there. Icing on the cake, at the night show they screwed up all of the physique ladies’ music and cut posing to 45 seconds. So after months of perfecting a posing routine I had to pose to house music & did not even get to finish my whole routine! Then add on top of all of that inconsistent and poor judging for many of the divisions.

My Competition:
Unfortunately I placed dead last out of 7. Disappointing but understandable. It was a national qualifier so competition was very tough. I am still new to bodybuilding (only second time around) and was standing next to several ladies with years of competitive experience. And again being natural I came in smaller and cannot compete against the jacked gals. It is what it is.

I may not have made the cut this go around but the improvements and growth I have made make me very proud! I have worked very hard and I was the best me yet! I dried out gently and came in a little fuller and tighter for this show. I felt really good physically and was truly happy with how I looked that day.

It was also a happy and encouraging thing to have several people who have followed my health journey approach me with wonderful compliments. I have surprised and stunned many with how far I have come. And guess what the journey is not over!

On another happy note, despite the whacky judging, every other member of our “team” took home a trophy or two. So I am very pleased for all of them. My turn will come another day

Taking a Short Break While Staying the Course!:
It’s been 6 long months of dieting, training and being fully consumed with prepping to compete this spring. It is time for a break and time to live some life outside of a super strict diet and outside of the gym! Chris and I are planning to have lots of fun in the summer sun!

While I may be disenchanted with competing in the NPC because of what went down this weekend, I am not disenchanted with my health journey and bodybuilding! I love how fit and strong I have become! I love the changes I have made to my body. So, after a couple more days of rest & recovery I will be back in the gym, and back to lifting heavy and with intensity!

I also want to play! I love taking kick boxing, Zumba and boot camp classes. These are things I set aside for prep and now it is the time to get back to the funstuff!

Because I have struggled most of my life with obesity, I will always have to be mindful of proper eating. So to stay the course and to continue to make improvements to my physique I will also stay on a structured modified eating plan.

Goal for My 45th Birthday!:
As I said I may not do an NPC show again, but I am looking at participating in the UFE (Ultimate Fitness Events), a smaller newer natural bodybuilding organization out of Canada. They have been holding competitions in Michigan, New York and Illinois. They appear to care about their competitors at all levels, whether participants and contenders! They also weight their scoring differently than the NPC. For physique, the posing routine is judged and weighted 30-40% of the total score! They want personality and creativity! Most of all they want everyone who participates to have fun. For me that is what this is all about! I do not want to ever dread stepping on a stage again!

There is a Michigan UFE show in 17 weeks, the day before my 45th birthday! I think it would be more than appropriate to celebrate that marker by setting my next health goal! Stay tuned! 9 weeks until my next prep!

I promise to post pictures from this weekend when they are available. Everyone on our team looked great!

Peace!

nic902
05-13-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm sorry your experience this weekend was less than you had hoped and I can see why it left a bit of a sour taste in your mouth. I don't people really understand how much the organization of the show can make or break your experience.

I may not have made the cut this go around but the improvements and growth I have made make me very proud! I have worked very hard and I was the best me yet! I dried out gently and came in a little fuller and tighter for this show. I felt really good physically and was truly happy with how I looked that day.

It was also a happy and encouraging thing to have several people who have followed my health journey approach me with wonderful compliments. I have surprised and stunned many with how far I have come. And guess what the journey is not over!

Having said that, ^^^THIS is the most important thing!!! At the end of the day, THIS is what your journey is truly all about. I'm glad you're looking into trying other organizations that may be a better fit for you and you arent letting this past weekend sour you on competing. Another natural organization is the OCB/IFPA, I've had nothing but positive experiences at their shows..both as a competitior and spectator.

You are rockin right on into your 45th! I'm rooting you along every step of the way :cheerleader:

Sunnyday
05-14-2013, 12:02 AM
I'm sorry your experience this weekend was less than you had hoped and I can see why it left a bit of a sour taste in your mouth. I don't people really understand how much the organization of the show can make or break your experience.

Having said that, ^^^THIS is the most important thing!!! At the end of the day, THIS is what your journey is truly all about. I'm glad you're looking into trying other organizations that may be a better fit for you and you arent letting this past weekend sour you on competing. Another natural organization is the OCB/IFPA, I've had nothing but positive experiences at their shows..both as a competitior and spectator.

You are rockin right on into your 45th! I'm rooting you along every step of the way :cheerleader:

x2! Nothing but good things to say about the OCB/IFPA. :)

curvygirl
05-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Looky What I Found!
Here is a shot of a side chest variation from pre-judging at the 2013 NPC Charlotte Cup! Despite not making the cut due to being small and not quite tight enough in my glute/thighs for my spring shows, I am still very pleased with how far I've come! There will be more pics to come from both shows! AND I'll share my next plan of attack for the 2013 UFE Havoc show! x0x0x

nic902
05-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Look at those delts! :mosh:

curvygirl
05-16-2013, 10:20 AM
Look at those delts! :mosh:

Thanks Nic! I know!? Crazy Right?! Hee hee! ~ Now just imagine if I add just a little more size & fullness! :D Truly I am so encouraged and excited to see what I can do next!

p.s. If you didn't know delts are my absolute favorite body part to train, just edging back!

Another natural organization is the OCB/IFPA, I've had nothing but positive experiences at their shows..both as a competitior and spectator.

x2! Nothing but good things to say about the OCB/IFPA. :)

Thank you so much for your continuing cheerleading ladies! :cheerleader: I hear it loud & clear!

As for OCB/IFPA I am not eligible to compete. Unfortunately, inadvertently and unknowingly at the time I used a banned fat burner during last year's prep :( I hold myself to a higher moral ground and could never lie. LOL! I'll be eligible in 6 years though :D

On the flip side I have done some more investigating and it turns out there are some natural NPC shows that may be just the ticket for this natty girl! So between those and the UFE I may find a good fit for this crazy need for continuing health goals and donning pretty sparkly posing suits!

Peace & Cinnamon Glazed Pecans! My newest favorite treat! Archer Farms @ the Tarrrrr-Jaaaay (target) :D

Bronwyn
05-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Sorry to read your thoughts about that show. I was competing at 3 NPC shows, all in California under John Lindsay and I have to say I have really opposite experience. Musclecontest was also IFBB Pro show joined, but we were no way treated less than pros and had nice rooms and organizers really cared about us. So it probbably is local problem, maybe the promoter problem - look who was behind the show and next time rather avoid the promoter than the federation :)
Anyway I agree if you are natty and do not want to fight against enhanced girls - try the OCB - few people from Europe competed there too and are OK with this federation as well :)

nic902
05-16-2013, 09:55 PM
I absolutely LOVE your attitude! A little disappointment, but you brush that shit right off and keep on moving! I feel your fire to improve, can't wait to see what's next for you :heart::heart:

FitnBuf
05-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Hey Chica!!!! I have been catching up on ur journal.

So sorry for your loss. <3 ur spirit stays so beautiful and strong.

Your progress pics are fantastic. Great job and keep it up!!!

IslandGirl
05-23-2013, 02:11 AM
Hi Elise! It was soooo great to meet you in Novi! I'm sorry you were disappointed in that show. I do agree with Lada in that don't frown on the NPC. I suggest you write to the promoter of that show and express your concerns. Everyone deserves a second chance to make things right. But you did awesome! Be proud of your accomplishments (I know you are) and know that you inspire people.

curvygirl
05-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Hi Elise! It was soooo great to meet you in Novi!http://www.totalpackageforums.com/forums/images/smilies/Hawaiian_Pucca.gif

Tracy!!! :D

Now there is one thing I forgot to mention in my diatribe! I got to meet the very sweet & the very RIPPED IslandGirl at the Novi show! You surely are a small package of dynamite! Thank you so much for saying hello and your supportive comments. You are only a few days out now right?!? You know I am cheering very loudly for you! Please please post pictures! :cheerleader:

Yes! I agree with both you and Lada about the real problems being with the promoter and the MI NPC. There is a long running history of poorly run, poorly managed & poorly judged shows here. We believed the Novi show was going to be a step up.

What it really comes down too is that Chris & I will not do anymore MI NPC shows and look for out of state competitions. We will make an event of it, travel a little, meet & greet new people...making the whole experience a fun & rewarding one. And again for my next go around in 2014 I am looking at Natural NPC shows in Ohio & Indiana :D It will be a better fit for me.

Hey Chica!!!! I have been catching up on ur journal.
So sorry for your loss. <3 ur spirit stays so beautiful and strong.
Your progress pics are fantastic. Great job and keep it up!!!

Thank you so much! We certainly grow through loss...just part of the ongoing life cycle. I am definitely on the other side of alot of struggle and pain and see blue shining skies ahead. :)

OK! I promise an actual training entry very soon & I did get a few more pics from the Charlotte show. Grrrrrr! No decent photos from the Novi :( But really no surprise there.

Peace!

curvygirl
05-23-2013, 10:27 AM
I absolutely LOVE your attitude! A little disappointment, but you brush that shit right off and keep on moving! I feel your fire to improve, can't wait to see what's next for you :heart:

I gots me a whole lotta love for Ms. Nic! ~ Go "Operation Team U!!!" :D

PFEPerformance
05-24-2013, 10:20 AM
SENDING YOU A HUGE PFE HUG!!

FYI - PFE IS FROM - O H I O - !!!

Love that you are settling back in and got your game face on and ready to hit those weights hardcore again! Funny how we sort of go through phases of what fires us up - when in prep - that becomes the excitement and daily focus..... after the shows and some rest - then we get all stoked about hitting it hardcore and heavy again! Oh the seasons of competing! LOL

Have a great weekend girl!!