PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to relax?

esplendido
04-15-2009, 03:30 PM
I have two outlets: Golf and cigars. I own a cigar shop as a sideline, and we have a lounge in it with big screen TV, leather couches and chairs, wet bar, liquor cabinets, etc. So I like to go up and sit in the lounge with the patrons and smoke and chat. Very relaxing.

I usually get 30+ rounds of golf in a year with a regular group of golfing buddies (also cigar smokers) and I love the challenge. Nothing better than a round of golf on a sunny, warm day to ease the cares of life!

Suzy Brown
04-15-2009, 04:05 PM
OMG I'm jealous, that lounge sounds awesome.

All I do is workout, work, housework. My work isn't particularly demanding, but its a lot of hours. I think I do more "time wasting" than relaxing...

esplendido
04-15-2009, 04:15 PM
OMG I'm jealous, that lounge sounds awesome.

All I do is workout, work, housework. My work isn't particularly demanding, but its a lot of hours. I think I do more "time wasting" than relaxing...

The lounge:

HeavyDutyGuy
04-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Well, I just raised 2 kids- to 18 and 21 respectively- the last 10 as a single parent, have a 4 month old pit/boxer puppy and a new wife with 4 cats, and a training and tutoring business... Relax? What's that? Seriously, I love movies, surfing the net, taking the pup to the lake, and reading. Maybe I need a cigar?

gman
04-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Wow, Rick, I wish I were our there. I would be golfing and smoking right along with you.

BigJD69
04-15-2009, 05:20 PM
With 2 kids 8 and 5 y.o. not much!!!

sassy69
04-15-2009, 05:23 PM
I go to the gym to "relax" from work. I like to park in front of the tv w/ some take out sushi & a mindless tv show to come down from a good "runner's high" after training & cardio. To relax further, I like to read before bed, but lately I'm just enjoying goign to bed. I've been sleeping WONDERFULLY the last several weeks.

GatorPump
04-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Kick back on the couch and watch a movie.

Dom
04-16-2009, 06:42 AM
I dont no how! LOL!! For me it is the gym, the only place I can go and blow off steam. I love spending time with my wife and kids but even they know when its time for dad to go to the gym!! Here in Sunny Florida I like to hang out by the pool and grill. Just slow things down!!!!

GirlyMuscle
04-16-2009, 09:03 AM
I hang out here with y'all.

I used to golf. Haven't in years. It was only relaxing if I had a drink and didn't keep score. If I kept score I got too serious. And frustrated. I'll bet ya half the time I played I stopped keeping score part way through. Yep, I'm that bad but I can keep up with better players because if I start to hold them up I have no problem picking up my ball.

buckimscl
04-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Golf league starts next week and I used to play competitive softball but there wasn't much relaxing going on there. I also used to read a lot but not as much anymore.

ThePoser
04-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Yoga

Ninja Loco
04-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Watch UFC, read fight mags, read books, long quiet walks on the beach, candle lit dinners by the fireplace, have sex with call girls.

Mouse
04-16-2009, 06:18 PM
I love to relax with a good meal and wine. I know this is a bodybuilding board where everyone is counting grains of rice but on the weekend I like to wind down with a nice meal accompanied by a sick bottle. I eat clean all week so that's my treat. I've got about 100 bottles on hand with pretty much every major wine country represented but with a focus on Italy and France.

LainaJ
04-16-2009, 07:36 PM
building legos with my six year old son.... nothing better then that :)

NPCfigure
04-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Like sitting on the deck on a nice warm day with a good book and a glass of wine. Mostly reading, shopping, surfing the net, watching my Thur night shows, spending time with friends and family, my cats, and training.

kicker
04-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Working out. Bowling. TV. Movies. Going to coffee shop to listen to a band and drink lots of coffee.

Rocco1943
04-19-2009, 07:50 PM
When I'm home and not working in another state and time permits, I like going to the beach for the sun, "scenery" and the water.

Rocco1943
04-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Oh, also going to Dom's house for a free cook out meal. lol

sassy69
04-19-2009, 10:12 PM
I can add another one -- sitting on my balcony w/ all my flowers, the grill going and a good glass of Capt & diet Coke! Even if the drink isn't on the diet, the flowers that I planted, the quietness as the sun goes down, etc. Planting more, picking them, etc. Planting stuff means that I'm staying awhile, and after several years of moving around its nice to stay put for a while.

I'm in the process of swapping out my (mostly dead) winter / early spring blooms for some summer stuff. I got my first daffodils & tulips earlier this month. I'd say of 30 bulbs, 5 daffodils & 2 tulips came up or survived.

Sledge
04-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Go for a ride.
Hang out with my dogs and listen to some music and drink some Bourbon.
Go down the clubhouse for a drink and a laugh.
Go to my little piece of land and do some work or just kick back and enjoy the solitude.

If I'm away at work, I just lock my door and watch a movie or listen to some music on the laptop.

The Big Sexy
04-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Besides training...

I love hooka/sheesha... also, I kill people... it's great to take an AK-47 out and kill people, zombies or aliens from other worlds (I'm talking video games here) - my XBOX 360 is a life-saver for distracting my mind.

Since the Pacific Ocean is about 2 miles away from me - I go down there and walk on the boardwalk a few times a week (especially now since it's like 80 out)

Hmm... also go for a cruise in my car... windows down, moon roof open... it can be chill too...