PDA

View Full Version : Bald patches on thighs from deadlifting

big_duuude
06-07-2012, 07:38 PM
I've been doing 'deadlifts above the knee' in the rack and pulling the bar up the thighs which hits the lower lats and spinal erectors nicely.

But I wear cotton bottoms so I'm surprised the knurling was shaving my legs through them
about a 4" section just above the patella

How do I protect my normally 'Lycan' legs ?
Bald patches on the legs of a werewolf does not look good.

Bryan Hildebrand
06-08-2012, 12:04 AM
its a sign of work. consider it a callous like on your hands. its a badge. wear it proudly!

Curt James
06-08-2012, 01:56 AM
Sid Brumbach, back in the 70s, used that as a reason to shave his legs. Brumbach was a junior world power lifting champion back in the day, so you'd be in good company -- werewolf or not!

athleticvanessa
07-25-2012, 04:04 PM
its a sign of work. consider it a callous like on your hands. its a badge. wear it proudly!
I agree! Unless you are going to be flashing your otherwise balding thighs around south beach, I just take it as a "battle scar" and keep on trucking and breaking PR's!
Changing your form or degree of form to avoid chaffing could only cause you to possibly injure yourself and you definitely dont want to risk that for the sake of cosmetics! Good luck!
~Your fellow fur baby~

juiceinator3000
07-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Put some rogaine on that shit. Jk. That's awesome. I wish I could get all my fucking body hair to disappear. I just get fucking awesome cuts on my shins from deads and then have to completely disinfect the bar afterwards. Good times.

DBowden
09-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Wear sweat pants when you workout?

mareck
10-05-2012, 01:29 AM
i feel your pain. i have bald spots on my thighs and shins from deads

TheRage93
01-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Lol I agree! Wear that shit proudly. Everytime I deadlift, my shins bleed! And I have a bald streak lmao