PDA

View Full Version : Calf Implants???

Schmidy
02-12-2009, 05:06 PM
If any one can give me info that would be great ex, how big can you go, cost, pain

This is for a friend he to much of a pussy to post it!!!!

BigJD69
02-12-2009, 05:54 PM
MTV had a show about a guy that got calf implants. It is a VERY PAINFUL Procedure, the dude had to use a walker to get around.

beau
02-12-2009, 06:04 PM
pretty dangerous from what i've heard to...in the long run not just the surgery

Hardly Krishna
02-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Buff Bagwell almost died when his calf implants rejected!!

Schmidy
02-14-2009, 04:01 AM
Thanks everyone for the input sounds like its a No Go.

IF I TOOK ROIDS I'D BE MR OLYMPIA
02-14-2009, 04:32 AM
synthol.... go ask derek anthony

Schmidy
02-15-2009, 02:26 AM
synthol.... go ask derek anthony

Yeah could use a step by step guide and do it for him (my friened)

But could you get synthol into OZ?????????

Rwalker
05-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Yeah the guy on MTV got them and they were not even that big.

Fluid Karma
05-04-2009, 10:18 PM
theres different types, over tha calfs and under. Under is the most realistic..you can't tell there fake...for obvious reason...but the most painful to heal. I never heard of any horror stories..but thats me. I'm sure there are some as with any surgery or cosmetic procedure..always risk!

Fluid Karma
05-04-2009, 10:24 PM
If your friend was smart he would have researched the procedure on the internet himself (after all he's the one that wants the surgery), get free consultations from doctors instead of only getting input from a forum, from people that are not medically qualified to give you unbias and trully knowledgeable input!! Were not doctors over here!

Then after doing what I said above and gaining some knowledge he then can way the risk Vs. benifit and decide if it's for him!!!

I think it cost about 6k for under the muscle calf implants.

MichaelWayne
05-04-2009, 11:30 PM
I'd go for the oil myself. Why spend all the money and go through the PAIN. When you reach 50/60 you're not going to care how big or small your legs are! Unless you still plan on hitting the stage, it just doesn't make sense. Besides, look at Dexter. He has no calves and is Mr. O!

This is just my opinion after all, take it for the little that it is worth.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
05-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Are Calf implants and Butt implants even viable in the pros? Won't they disqualify you?

Fluid Karma
05-04-2009, 11:51 PM
The oil in the calfs is very very painful. If your going to do it you might as well do the surgery....of course if you have the money! Oh, and at least if there are any mis-haps or medical issue..your covered. Alot of bad shit can happen with the oil.

Yes I believe it does disqualify you. The guy on the MTV skit had the calf implants over the muscle which can easily be seen as fakes because it doesn't flex when you walk. Thats why under the calf is pref and better. No one can tell!

dublin-lifter
05-21-2009, 10:23 AM
synthol sounds best never used it myself so i wouldnt be great for info

saiyajinali
06-03-2009, 11:27 PM
theres different types, over tha calfs and under. Under is the most realistic..you can't tell there fake...for obvious reason...but the most painful to heal. I never heard of any horror stories..but thats me. I'm sure there are some as with any surgery or cosmetic procedure..always risk!

I am VERY familiar with this procedure because I am having it done myself to reconstruct my calf following a crush nerve injury I sustained back in 2002.
1st of all I have never heard of calf implants being placed under the muscle.. I would like the name of the dr that does it this way.. Mechanically it wouldnt work. It would be painful & the implants would shift with the movement & flexing of the calf muscle.. The way that every dr I researched to have it done was by way of going under the fascia between the muscle. Pockets are made & the implants are placed in the pockets.. I have found a very qualified surgeon in Miami that specializes in this procedure. He also does ab implants, tricep, bicep, pec, & butt implants.. PM me if you would like his name.

Three very important questions you need to ask a dr that you wish to perform this procedure is:
How many times has he done the procedure. This is important because there are doctors that have done a limited number of times & they might not know how to react in cases where complications may arise...
Ask the doctor what his infection rate is.
If the plastic surgeon that you choose operates out of his office or suite, ask them if they have hospital operating rights.. There are doctors that are licensed, but dont have operating privileges in a hospital in case of emergency.
The calf implant surgery can be very dangerous if you do not find a doctor that has not done the procedure a large number of times.. If you find a skilled surgeon, it can be successful if you take time off & give your legs time to heal. The pockets need to heal properly. And you should be able to walk around the day following the surgery. If you need a walker due to pain something is not right becuase this means your surgeon was too rough placing the implants in your legs. Your legs should be slightly stiff do to swelling, but nothing extreme.

Fluid Karma
06-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Sorry, I just looked at what I wrote...typo. I meant there are two types: subfascially and submuscularly. Submuscularly being the best.

I hope your not getting Subfascially.....seems that you are..you mentioned Fascia! Did you mean you were getting submuscular? I think there is a some confusion in what we wrote :)Explain.

Where Calf Implants Are Inserted

Once a need for calf implants is determined, they are placed either; 1) subfascially, or; 2) submuscularly—underneath the aponeurosis (subaponeurotically)—flat fibrous sheets of connective tissue that typically attach the muscles that make up the calf—gastrocnemius and soleus muscles—to the bone. More commonly, calf implants are placed subfascially (just below the fascial plane), but many of the best results are obtained by placing the implant in the submuscular plane—deeply within the muscle.
1. Subfascial placement of the calf implant is generally performed more often because the procedure is less dissection-intensive, less difficult, and results in generally faster recovery times with patients reporting less pain. However, subfascial implant placement can sometimes result in calf implant movement (drift or rotation), and/or result in the patient being able to feel the perimeter edges of the implant afterwards, because they are usually harder than the nearby muscle and not enough tissue covers the implant itself. As well, sometimes the desired effect isn't aesthetically as pleasing as the submuscular method because the implant itself tends to define the final shape of the calf region, rather than the muscle tissue. This is true with either silicone-gel or solid silicone calf implants. Subfascial implantation also requires more attention to the placement of the implant, which can become difficult when trying to reach the most distal region (distant from the center) of the crural pocket where the implant is placed.
2. Submuscular (subaponeurotically) placement is considered a more difficult procedure and requires more surgical skill as the operation delves deeply into tissues. Generally, however, the results are better because the implant is placed more securely and accurately within the gastrocnemius and soleus muscles (within deeper fascia tissues), allowing for more aesthetic placement of the implant. Also, it’s been observed that submuscular implantation can result in a more natural calf shape and feel because the actual muscles of the calf cover the implant completely. However, this method of calf augmentation generally requires a few more days of patient recovery time and more discomfort until the deep tissue trauma begins to heal. Another benefit of submuscular placement is that since this procedure is more involved it also allows for greater control of potential surgical hazards including vascular or nerve damage—incisions are made far away from the junction of the gastrocnemius muscles.

Heres the rest of the link and dr info: http://www.calfimplants.com/calf-implants.html

saiyajinali
06-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Sorry, I just looked at what I wrote...typo. I meant there are two types: subfascially and submuscularly. Submuscularly being the best.

I hope your not getting Subfascially.....seems that you are..you mentioned Fascia! Did you mean you were getting submuscular? I think there is a some confusion in what we wrote :)Explain.

Where Calf Implants Are Inserted

Once a need for calf implants is determined, they are placed either; 1) subfascially, or; 2) submuscularly—underneath the aponeurosis (subaponeurotically)—flat fibrous sheets of connective tissue that typically attach the muscles that make up the calf—gastrocnemius and soleus muscles—to the bone. More commonly, calf implants are placed subfascially (just below the fascial plane), but many of the best results are obtained by placing the implant in the submuscular plane—deeply within the muscle.
1. Subfascial placement of the calf implant is generally performed more often because the procedure is less dissection-intensive, less difficult, and results in generally faster recovery times with patients reporting less pain. However, subfascial implant placement can sometimes result in calf implant movement (drift or rotation), and/or result in the patient being able to feel the perimeter edges of the implant afterwards, because they are usually harder than the nearby muscle and not enough tissue covers the implant itself. As well, sometimes the desired effect isn't aesthetically as pleasing as the submuscular method because the implant itself tends to define the final shape of the calf region, rather than the muscle tissue. This is true with either silicone-gel or solid silicone calf implants. Subfascial implantation also requires more attention to the placement of the implant, which can become difficult when trying to reach the most distal region (distant from the center) of the crural pocket where the implant is placed.
2. Submuscular (subaponeurotically) placement is considered a more difficult procedure and requires more surgical skill as the operation delves deeply into tissues. Generally, however, the results are better because the implant is placed more securely and accurately within the gastrocnemius and soleus muscles (within deeper fascia tissues), allowing for more aesthetic placement of the implant. Also, it’s been observed that submuscular implantation can result in a more natural calf shape and feel because the actual muscles of the calf cover the implant completely. However, this method of calf augmentation generally requires a few more days of patient recovery time and more discomfort until the deep tissue trauma begins to heal. Another benefit of submuscular placement is that since this procedure is more involved it also allows for greater control of potential surgical hazards including vascular or nerve damage—incisions are made far away from the junction of the gastrocnemius muscles.

Heres the rest of the link and dr info: http://www.calfimplants.com/calf-implants.html

LOL... My friend. It appears that you are speaking to information that you have read. I am speaking from 1st hand experience... I have had the procedure already to correct a neurological defect that I have, & I am having it done again to get the desired size for balance. I checked out the link you posted & this information is a general FAQ on calf implants. It does not state that "Dr Jones" or "Dr Quack" himself performs submuscular calf implantation. It has a link where you can find doctors that do the procedure in general. Thats what I was talking about.
The procedure itself can have complications both ways, subfascially and submuscularly. But subfascial is the less invasive & safer route. I know what it feels like to have implants in my leg & trust me, I wouldnt suggest having them placed under or within a muscle that gets so much activity & use like the calf..

tight booty
06-14-2009, 06:56 AM
I read a horror story once, regarding calf implants. A guy paid for his girlfriend to get breast implants and calf implants. The breasts were a success but the calfs developed an infection and the doctors had to amputate the womans legs from below the knees! I think I read it in a fitness/bodybuilding mag a few years ago!

saiyajinali
06-15-2009, 02:16 AM
I read a horror story once, regarding calf implants. A guy paid for his girlfriend to get breast implants and calf implants. The breasts were a success but the calfs developed an infection and the doctors had to amputate the womans legs from below the knees! I think I read it in a fitness/bodybuilding mag a few years ago!

Its possible that an infection can develop where necrosis of the tissue develops where a limb has to be removed, but unlikely. But what is more likely is that compartment syndrome can develop from placing implants that are too large that can cut off circulation to the limb & a foot or lower leg has to be amputated if not treated in time. That's why its a good idea to find an experienced surgeon that has done this procedure allot. Sometimes stories can be exaggerated because it's hard to believe that this poor woman developed a staph infection in BOTH legs.

SpeedoGuido
06-15-2009, 03:03 AM

John Romano could tell that story in detail. That was Dan Duchaine's girlfriend. I can't remember her name. I heard Romano talk about it on an old MD radio show. What a tragedy.

tight booty
06-15-2009, 04:10 AM
John Romano could tell that story in detail. That was Dan Duchaine's girlfriend. I can't remember her name. I heard Romano talk about it on an old MD radio show. What a tragedy.

That is a tragedy! :( I never forgot this story and it has turned me off calf implants for life! I am totally against them. I don't believe they are worth the risk!

saiyajinali
06-15-2009, 11:33 AM
That is a tragedy! :( I never forgot this story and it has turned me off calf implants for life! I am totally against them. I don't believe they are worth the risk!

TB, I have to agree with you & disagree... I think they are worth the risk in cases where someone is correcting a defect.

But other than that, I wouldn't generally suggest that anyone have the procedure done for the simple fact that there are probably only a small percentage of plastic surgeons that can do the procedure safely that can respond correctly when complications arise..

Fluid Karma
06-15-2009, 04:33 PM
TB, I have to agree with you & disagree... I think they are worth the risk in cases where someone is correcting a defect.

But other than that, I wouldn't generally suggest that anyone have the procedure done for the simple fact that there are probably only a small percentage of plastic surgeons that can do the procedure safely that can respond correctly when complications arise..

I may have not had the surgery..I have heard from many people the it's just fucking painful after surgery. I commend you for dealing with that!

Me....personally....the type of person that I am....IF I were to get calf implant for a cosmetic look and not to correct a defect....No matter how painful it was, I would go all the way and do the SubMuscular implant!! Of course if I found a great doctor that could respond to any complications and do the procedure.

But thats just me. But then again I'm not interested in doing it anyway.

Fluid Karma
06-15-2009, 04:39 PM
You have a good reason for getting the procedure and taking the safer route!

saiyajinali
06-15-2009, 05:34 PM
I may have not had the surgery..I have heard from many people the it's just fucking painful after surgery. I commend you for dealing with that!

Me....personally....the type of person that I am....IF I were to get calf implant for a cosmetic look and not to correct a defect....No matter how painful it was, I would go all the way and do the SubMuscular implant!! Of course if I found a great doctor that could respond to any complications and do the procedure.

But thats just me. But then again I'm not interested in doing it anyway.

I respect your opinions.. But it really is not that painful at all. It basically felt like a soreness that someone would have following a good calf workout.. If its much more more painful than that, I have to wonder what the surgeon did in the O.R. while the patient was under anesthesia..

Fluid Karma
06-15-2009, 07:01 PM
well now..the question is:) Are you happy with the results so far? How much did it cost you? How long did it take for you to recover?

saiyajinali
06-15-2009, 07:23 PM
well now..the question is:) Are you happy with the results so far? How much did it cost you? How long did it take for you to recover?
Well it actually only took me three weeks to recover. Was I happy with the results? Yes & no... My case was a special one because the surgeon was doing a reconstruction.. I basically had two surgeries. The 1st was basically a pilot one because I had scar tissue from a previous emergency procedure to save a limb following an accident I had.. The 1st set of implants were very small & were used to create pockets for a second procedure to gain the balance I was looking to achieve. The doctor did scar revisions to make the tissue strong enough to recieve the implants. I recovered very quickly from that procedure. I waited around 6 months & then i had the 2nd procedure. The 2nd procedure was painless also. But there were complications....
The implants the surgeon used were too large & I had mechanics issues. Basically the implants on the 2nd procedure covered too large of an area around my leg. My doctor & I decided it was a good idea to remove the implants from my leg & give me a break & come back & try again.. I am in the process to have the procedure done again. This time the plan is to use smaller implants as far as area, but thicker so it will give the look of greater projection so I won't have the mechanics issues that I did from the 2nd procedure.. The cost for both procedures totaled around $8K. I can honestly say that I was very pleased with the surgeon because I did not endure any real pain following the procedures. Although I had to end up having to remove the 2nd set of implants & I am having to do it again, I think the surgeon did really good with me because my case was a special case with the circumstances that he dealt with from the very beginning with my injured leg.

Fluid Karma
06-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Wow! I'm glad that they were able to save you leg. Must have been a tough time in your life.

I appreciate your input on this procedure. It's nice to get a first hand account of this surgery. I was always curious but I'm making gains on my calfs.....slow but it's happening.

atomicplayboy3000
07-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Johnny Drama approved of this thread