PDA

View Full Version : Jenni Whip's Journey- A Natural Competitive Bodybuilder, battling the odds!

Jenni Whip
06-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Here it is, my very first entry into my journal. Unfortunately, today is my day "off" from the gym. I am a natural bodybuilder, with a small frame and my issues include difficulty leaning out my legs, my lower abs pooch-a-belly ( I have 3 kids and am now 41), and getting caps on these damn shoulders!

Without boring you to death..here is a list of my achievements thus far:

Jennifer Whipple
11/11, DeKalb, IL- OCB Midwest states, 6th, Womens open bodybuilding
10/11, Madison, WI - INBF Ford's Championships- 1st Womens Lightweight bodybuilding
10/11, Madison, WI- INBF Fords Championships - 2nd Masters Womens 35+ Bodybuilding

05/12 Sheboygan, WI - INBF 2nd Womens Open Bodybuilding, 1st Womens Masters Bodybuilding

09/26 , Indianapolis, IN - OCB Natural Indiana, 2nd, Women's Bodybuilding Open
09/26 , Indianapolis, IN - OCB Natural Indiana, 2nd, Women's Bodybuilding Masters Age 35+
11/21 , De Kalb, IL - OCB Midwest States, 3rd, Women's Bodybuilding Open
11/22 , De Kalb, IL - OCB Midwest States, 3rd, Women's Bodybuilding Open
11/17 , De Kalb, IL - OCB Midwest States, 3rd, Women's Bodybuilding Open
11/18 , De Kalb, IL - OCB Midwest States, 2nd, Figure Open Class A
11/18 , De Kalb, IL - OCB Midwest States, 2nd, Figure Novice Class A

Currently I am training myself which is scary but I have done it in the past and with limited funds, it is all I can afford to do. It DOES help that I am a Sponsored Athlete with Suits By Amy. I am hoping that I may pick up a few more Sponsors so that I can compete more and focus more on doing what my body needs to be doing to get it the best it can be. I placed 6th in my last show and it is the LOWEST I have ever placed, but I looked damn good! I believe there were some politics involved in that one but..as competitors we have to take what the judges give us and just work on the next one. One of the things that made that placing harder is that I have Hashimotos and MS..I was experiencing symptoms prior to going on stage that had me second guessing if I should even go back on for the evening show. But I did. I pushed the pain and numbness in my fingers to the back of my mind and went out and did my best. I have to be honest about it though...when I found I was 6th, I cried. I cried hard because I honestly didn't think it was deserved..nor did many others who were there to watch prejudging and the evening show.

I have my first show since Nov 2011 in 10 weeks...with a new diet and new exercise program I am trying it will be interesting and educational to see what happens. From there I will be doing a show in Sept/Oct and maybe November but I am not sure because of the "spanking" I got last time at that show. We shall see as the time gets closer.

Thank you for taking the time to read my journal today. I hope you'll leave your comments and advice!

curvygirl
06-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Welcome Jenni :) ~ You have def come to the right place for information and knowledgeable ladies. ~ I am a WP competitor but have been flirting with the idea of pushing it up a notch to bodybuilding. So, I look forward to hearing more about your journey, training, etc. Post pics! :D Peace!
Elise

The Prodigy
06-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Welcome lady! SOOO glad you are here!

Bronwyn
06-21-2012, 03:19 AM
Welcome, impressive list of achievements.

I am almost the same boat - having Hashimotos (problems with T4 to T3 conversion the most) combined with high cortisol levels. And I am trying to compete in WPD naturally now. So if you do not mind I will inspire myself here :)

Jenni Whip
06-21-2012, 10:55 PM
So great to meet you ladies! Yes, competing when you have Hashi and MS means you have to be careful and listen to your body. Currently my lower back and my neck from the base of my neck down through my shoulder blades is achey and I have some tingling in my left foot..I have certainly felt worse! You all look great!

Today was shoulders day. While my shoulders are strong (despite a rotator cuff torn labrum injury 1 1/2 years ago)..they don't want to add caps! Frustrating! After working my normal 10 hr day with 40 min commute each way..it was time to HIT IT!

DB OH presses with 40's for 10 reps
side cable lats 10lbs 10 reps
bent over DB flies 20's for 10 reps
rev peck deck 90lbs 10 reps

Cardio was 45 mins on stairmill level 13

It's family campout night in our back yard and they are waiting for me..LOL!

The Prodigy
06-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Welcome, impressive list of achievements.

I am almost the same boat - having Hashimotos (problems with T4 to T3 conversion the most) combined with high cortisol levels. And I am trying to compete in WPD naturally now. So if you do not mind I will inspire myself here :)

X2:)

Bronwyn
06-22-2012, 03:36 AM
Tell me about caps. I am able to do technically quite right side db lateral with 44 lbs - but still nothing...

PFEPerformance
06-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Welcome! Following along for sure!! Newbee WP here, bumping up from Figure and working those dam delts/caps right along with the rest of ya! lol

Sunnyday
06-22-2012, 11:35 PM
Ooooohhh! A new training journal to inspire my own training! Welcome!

Right there with you on the delt caps...sigh.

darrtiss
06-27-2012, 03:48 PM
welcome to the Journal Jenni!!! Awesome acheivements so far!
can't wait to see what more acheivements that are your way and we're all here to help anyway we can!!!

you're gonna love this and hopefully we can all help you out a ton =)

Apprime Fit
07-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi Jenni,

Thank you for sharing! You have accomplished a lot! Just getting on stage is something to be proud about! Remember we cannot control the judging. Use the judging as a basis to guide you in making changes. Most important thing is recognizing yourself for the hardwork and cha
nges you have made. Make sure to listen to your body so you can keep making improvements.

Be fit,
Michelle